Ranthambore National Park is one of the largest and most renowned parks in Northern India. It is located in Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan and is considered as one of the most famous and former grounds for hunting that was done by Maharajas of Jaipur. It is a great place for wildlife enthusiasts and photographers. It also offers relaxing accommodation and internal transport facilities.
1) Wild Life Animals- Nilgai, Common or Hanuman langurs, Macaques, Jackals, Jungle cats, Caracals, Sloth bears, Black bucks, Rufous Tailed Hare, Tigers, Leopards, Striped Hyenas, Sambar deer, Chital, Indian Wild Boar, Chinkara, Palm Civets or Toddy cat, Yellow Bats, Desert Cats, Indian Foxes, Indian Gerbilles, Indian Mole Rats, Indian Porcupines, Longeared Hedgehogs, Ratels, Small Indian Mongoose, Small Indian Civets, Five Striped Palm Squirrels, Indian False Vampires, Indian Flying Foxes, mongoose, etc. The park is also famous for diurnal tigers and marsh croc reptiles.
2) Birds- Some of the most important birds in Ranthambore include Greylag Goose, Woodpeckers, Indian Gray Hornbills, Gulls, Terns, Great Crested Grebe, Eagles, Darters, Cormorants, Egrets, Herons, Kingfishers, Bee Eaters, Cuckoos, Parakeets, Asian Palm Swift, Owl, Nightjars, Pigeon, Dove, Crakes, Snipes, Sandpipers, etc
3) Flora- The park mainly has a dry deciduous type of vegetation with a large variety of species. Am, Imli, Banyan, Dhok, Jamun etc make up some of the important parts of the forest.
Distance From Delhi: 384 kilometres via RJ SH 25
Best Time To Visit: October to April
Activities: Safari Rides, Fort Visits, Wildlife Spotting and Nature Photography
How to Reach From Delhi:
-By Rail: The nearest railway station is Sawai Madhopur Railway Station, which is located at a distance of 10 km from the park. There are regular trains available.
-By Air: The nearest airport is Sanganer Airport in Jaipur. There are regular Delhi to Sanganer flights available.
Thrillophilia Recommended Offbeat Stays with Activities:
1) Jeep Safari In Tiger Machan, Ranthambore
2) Jeep Safari At Ranthambore Forest Resort
3) Lavish Stay At Sher Bagh Ranthambore, Rajasthan
4) Jungle Safari In Ranthambore