Amber Fort is located right on top of the hill at distance of 11 kms from Jaipur. For the nocturnal enthusiasts, the Light and sound show at the Amber Fort is a must watch. This light and sound show is for a period of 50 minutes. There is an exquisite play of lights and music where you will see an emphasis on rich culture and past of the state.
You can sit in the open area and from where you will get a fantastic view of the fort as well as surrounding areas. In the light and sound show history of both Amber Fort and Jaipur are presented in detail.
- Entry fee: INR 550 for foreign tourists and INR 100 for Indian tourists.
- Timings: 10.00 A.M to 5.00 P.M
- Location: 11kms from Jaipur
Another popular picnic spot in Jaipur is Nahargarh Fort. It was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II way back in 1734. As Nahargarh Fort is located on the hilltop it offers a lovely view of the entire pink city. Here, one can also enjoy nahargarh cycling expedition.There is a small restaurant called ‘Padhao’ here which serves lovely food.
- Entry fee: INR 200 for foreign tourists and INR 50 for Indian tourists
- Timings: 10.00 A.M to 5.30 P.M
- Location: Krishna Nagar, Brahampuri, Jaipur
- The most perfect and romantic evening and dining experience is ready for you and your partner to experience in Jaipur. Enjoy a dinner on the sand dunes near Jaipur under the open skies and with a candle making the affair even more personal.
- The date will start in the most perfect manner as you and your partner are transferred to the amazing location on a jeep from the starting point. On the table, a private butler will be providing his service to you at all times. The scenery around you will be one of the best that you can imagine, with greens on one side and the dunes on the other.
- The beginning of the date will be with a welcome drink, followed by a plethora of interesting additions like playing your own music, customized movies, deliver customized messages made specially for your partner, and a delicious 3-course meal.
- All this and much more in customizations can be availed to make your date even more memorable, and if you have an intention of proposing on this special night, that can also be done.
TIMINGS: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
About the Activity:
- Explore the spooky with a visit to the most haunted place in India, Bhangarh Fort, located between Jaipur and Delhi.
- Bhangarh is known for its ruined buildings and is an architecturally significant site. Start the tour from Jaipur in the morning after getting picked up from your hotel.
- Visit the remarkable buildings such as the fort, the ruined city, Hindu temples of Gopinath, Shiv, Hanuman, Ganesh etc and the ambiance will let you forget all the humdrum in your life.
- Enjoy spending time along the streets, do some shopping, enjoy the sight of some havelis, a mosque and a palace which enhances the beauty of the ruined city.
- Know more about the haunted place at which you are not allowed to enter after sunset and listen to old stories from natives before your return to Jaipur.
- Pick up : 8:00 AM from your hotel and Drop back to the hotel tentatively around 5:00 PM.
- Jaipur, the city of the desert state, is ready to give you a gist of everything that Rajasthan stands for with this amazing camping package in the sand dunes.
- Enjoy the amazing camping experience in the desert, with an amazing number of stars above you and a great group of friends and your people with you.
- Included in the package are features like live BBQ, Bar setup, music system, party games (like tug of war, Australian trolley), dune tour, a nature walk in the morning, and an amazing evening campfire.
- Also, enjoy a delicious dinner and breakfast during your stay here. You will be transferred from the base camp to the campsite via a Thar Jeep
Jaigarh fort is located right opposite Amber fort on a promontory known as the Cheel Ka Teela. The place is quite popular among history buffs. You can visit the jaigarh fort all days in a week. The fort has intricate carvings on its walls which make it a fantastic sight for the tourists.
As it is located right on top of the Aravalli ranges you can see it even from a distance. This fort is also known as Fort of Victory. During past, it was used to house weapons and military ancillaries.
- Entry fee: INR 85 for foreign tourists and INR 35 for Indian tourists.
- Timings: 9.00 A.M to 4.30 P.M
- Location: Above Amber Fort
This pristine garden is located right in the heart of Jaipur. It is a well-preserved property which was built in memory of architect of Jaipur, Vidhyadhar Bhattacharya. The garden has lovely beds of flowers, peaceful lakes and properly manicured gardens. It has both Hindu and Mughal influences in architecture.
There is no other spot in Jaipur which offers you such fantastic sights. You will get a panoramic view of the city as you enter this garden. There are several fountains in this garden. Beautiful peacocks can be spotted dancing here. So, if you are seeking some peacetime, you must visit this popular picnic spot in Jaipur.
- Price (if any)- No entry fee
- Timings:8AM–5PM, 6–8PM
- Location: Ghat Ki Guni, Jaipur
Sisodia Rani Garden
This garden is surrounded by mountains thus presenting a lovely view to the visitors. It was made in 1728 by then ruler Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II for his lady love Sisodiya Rani. She was actually his second wife.
The garden is huge in size. It has both Indian and Mughal influences in architecture. This amazing tourist spot in Jaipur is full of rare variety of flowers shrubs and plants. There are lovely paintings on the walls.
- Location- 10kms from Jaipur city on Jaipur Agra Highway
- Timings- 8.00 AM to 6.00PM.
- Entry fee: INR 10 –INR 30 per person.
Kanak Ghati is a popular garden which was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh almost 280 years back. It is named as Kanak Ghati as it bears close resemblance to Vrindavan as far as construction and design are concerned. There are several fountains located inside this garden. Parikrama is a popular fountain here.
It has been built from single block of marble. As this garden is quite picturesque a lot of people come here for spending quality time with friends and family. Also due to close proximity to a well-known trio of Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort and Nahargarh Fort a lot of visitors make it a point to visit Kanak Ghati.
- Location- Base of Nahargarh slopes on Jaipur Amber Road
- Timings- 9.00 AM to 6.30PM.
- Entry fee - No entry free
Ram Niwas Bagh and Zoo
If you wish to escape from the chaos and noise of the city, head straight to Ram NiwasBagh and zoo where you will see different species of birds and mammals. This zoo was opened for public viewing way back in 1877. The zoo is divided into 2 parts.
In one part you see the mammals and the other part houses birds and reptiles. The zoo is open all days of the week except Tuesday. The garden area is fairly huge and children usually visit this zoo for educational purposes
- Entry fee: INR 20 for locals and INR 150 for tourists
- Timings: 8.30 A.M to 5.30 P.M
- Location: Museum Road, RamniwasBagh, Jaipur
Jawahar Circle Garden
Jawahar Circle Garden is basically the biggest circular park in Asia. This garden was built by the Jaipur Development Authority in 2009. Tourists especially visit this garden to see its hugely beautiful Musical Fountain. You can see snacks stalls here where you get to eat delectable food even during late hours.
The garden closes for public viewing at 8 P.M but these snack huts are open till late. The park has a lovely rose garden, beautiful colored fountains and lovely landscaping. There are separate jogging tracks and play areas for kids inside the park.
- Entry fee: INR 10 for Indians and INR 20 for Foreigners
- Timings: 6 A.M to 9.00 P.M
- Location: Close to Sanganer Airport
Pink Pearl Water Park
Pink Pearl Water Park is one of the biggest water parks in Jaipur.. There are several water rides in this park. People come here with friends and family to indulge in different water rides. This amusement park also offers accommodation facilities to the guests.
The rooms are fully furnished and nicely decorated.There is a restaurant located inside the Pink Pearl amusement park where you can eat food of your choice.
- Entry fee: INR 400 per person for adults (Mon – Fri) INR 500 per person on Sat and Sun. INR 300 for children
- Timings: 10 A.M to 6.00 P.M
- Location: 16kms from Jaipur city on Jaipur Ajmer Expressway
Bagru village is a small village located on Jaipur Ajmer road. This village is particularly popular for block printing. People come from far and wide to see this age-old craft. So anyone who has interest in textile printing makes it a point to visit this village to see this wooden printing in action.
Whatever design you want is carved on a wooden block and then it is put wherever ever you wish, whether on cloth, paper etc. the entire process and even the dyes used are eco-friendly. Visit to Bagru village is a nice excursion for tourists. One can experience this artistic creation in block printing workshop at bagru.
- Entry fee: No entry fee
- Timings: You can go anytime during the day
- Location: 35 kms on Jaipur Ajmer road
The brilliance and grandeur of Samode Palace is simply unparalleled. This beautiful palace of samode has played host to several royal dignitaries and guests. The Indo Saracenic architecture of this palace will actually weave magic on you with its amazing appeal and beauty. The palace is almost 475 years old and is now converted into a heritage property. A day trip to Samode that includes sightseeing and visit to the palace gives a wonderful experience to the tourists.
The hospitality which you will get once you step in here cannot be described in words. You will get scrumptious Asian and European food in the dining area. The palace has a lovely mosaic marble swimming pool from where you get a majestic view of the surrounding Aravalli so if you are in jaipur and fond of fantastic sightseeing places, samode palace is for you.
- Entry fee: INR 1000
- Timings: You can go anytime during the day
- Location: Village Samode, Tehsil Chomu
This artificial lake offers a cool spot amidst the desert environs. A lot of people visit the Jamwa Mata temple when they come to the lake. The lake is 4 kms long and 2 kms wide. People usually come to fish in the lake waters from October to June.
There is a museum and library located in a lodge known as Ramgarh Lodge which is in the same vicinity. Several recreational activities are present here such as gymnasium, billiards, jogging etc.
- Entry fee: No entry fee.
- Timings: 7.00 A.M to 7.00 P.M
- Location: 2 kms from Jaipur near a place called Jamwa Ramgarh