Activity Location: Shivpuri, Rishikesh.
Timings: 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM.
Reporting Location: Ram Jhula, Rishikesh
Challenge the adventure animal in you and indulge in this river rafting filled with a thrill in Rishikesh. Take on the challenge of strenuous waves and admire breathtaking landscapes as you cruise through silent water with a panormic view of mountains all along.
1. Camping under the stars: Just as soon as you get free from the exhilarating activity of Rafting in Rishikesh, a cozy camping session awaits you. The remaining time of your day can be spent relaxing and getting over your fatigue while gazing into the uninterrupted scenery of twinkling stars.
2. Bungee Jumping: What can be more adventurous than Rafting? Rafting and Bungee Jumping together. Offering a free fall from a height of 83 feet, Rishikesh offers the highest bungee jumping location in India. With high quality equipment and experienced guides, bungee jumping in Rishikesh ensures proper safety.
3. Flying Fox: Take part in one of the most thrilling recreational activities in Rishikesh and enjoy the combination of gravity and full speed of the air flow. Almost a kilometre long rope structure has been set up in Rishikesh, along which you can enjoy this adrenaline pumping activity.
4. Giant Swing: Carried out on the same platform as that of Bungee Jumping, the Giant Swing will let you soar from a height of 83 metres like a pendulum or a swing. All the basic safety equipment will be provided and you will be tied to a harness through your waist.
5. Hot Air Ballooning: Get a chance to experience Rishikesh from high above in the sky and gaze into the beauty this city has to offer. From the gushing streams to the rustling forests, you will be delighted with some of the most scenic views.
6. Cliff Jumping: Check your bodily fitness as you jump from a cliff 30 to 40 ft high. From lifejackets to helmets, all proper safety gears will be provided to make sure that you enjoy the best experience.
Along the various tributaries of the Ganges lie a plethora of camping sites, known for their cozy settlements and a close vicinity to the rafting areas. Whether you are a budget traveller or a solace seeker, the variety of camps/tents available here make sure that every visitor enjoys their vacation here. Being a paradise for rafting enthusiasts, Rishikesh has also become a top choice among regular campers.
Some of the major locations along which you can stumble upon the amalgamation of rafting and camping include:
1. Shivpuri: Often considered to be a “Mecca” for river rafting enthusiasts, this place is the most preferred location for opting a session of camping. Located at a distance of around 18 KM from Rishikesh, this location is known for offering seclusion and a wholesome scenery. Shivpuri offers riverside camping, in which you are provided all basic facilities and an array of activities to try hands on.
2. Heval Valley: Heval Valley is famous for its perfect camping location with lush green surroundings and beautiful landscapes. It is located around 16 KM away from Rishikesh. From budget friendly and affordable camps to luxurious and chic camps, a variety of tents are available here.
3. Bairagad: On the opposite side of Henwal Valley and approximately 25 KM away from Rishikesh lies a small town of Bairagarh. This place will combine two of the most famous activities available in Rishikesh - Camping, Rafting. The camps here offer various activities other than rafting, including indoor/outdoor games and kid friendly activities.
4. Kathiya: After crossing Shivpuri and Marine Drive and covering a distance of 23 KM from Rishikesh, you will find a stream of water gushing from below a bridge and finally meeting the Ganges. This stream has a perfect secluded location of Kathiya - more precisely - Badal Gaon. This location is known for its perfect location away from the humdrums of the city.
Most of these locations have camps loaded with all basic facilities and range from budget friendly to luxury. You can choose from the abundance of camps and spend your nights having fun with your loved ones.
Things to Carry for Rafting in Rishikesh
1) There are high chances of getting wet during a session of rafting, thus make sure that you carry an extra pair of your clothes, shoes, socks and undergarments while opting for this activity
2) Make sure that you carry sunglasses, sunscreen and swimming glasses (if needed) to save yourself from scorching sun as well as sudden splashes of water.
3) You can bring your Gopro camera only at your own risk.
4) Any personal medical requirement, including the prescribed medication, the prescription(if there is any) must be carried as might need them.
5) You will be provided with all basic first aid requirements, however it is advisable to bring your own personal first aid kit for cases of emergency.
Rishikesh Rafting Safety Measures
2) Safety equipment including helmets and life jackets are provided.
3) In case of any emergency, you will be provided with basic first aid.
4) Even if you are a non-swimmer, you can still enjoy rafting in Rishikesh, however you are advised to follow all the provided safety precautions and guidelines.
5) Please note that you are not allowed to opt for this activity if:
- You have chronic neck and back pains
- You are three or more months pregnant
- You have had some major surgery
- You have any part of your body broken (hand, leg, arm, etc)
6) To save yourself from getting nauseous, make sure that you do not consume heavy food or drinks before opting for the activity.
7) To enjoy this experience at its best, make sure that you are physically as well as mentally fit.
8) Choose your rafting grade wisely, check for your fitness level, water scare and swimming expertise and then opt for the grade which best suits you.
9) Take care of your comfort by choosing the right clothing and footwear. Make sure that your clothes are neither too loose nor too tight and your shoes/footwear has a proper grip. Avoid wearing any jewellery.
How to Reach Rishikesh?
Activity Location: Taliyal Gaon, Rishikesh
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM
About Beach Camping in Rishikesh with Rafting:
Surrounded by blossom green mountains and located at walking distance from the nearby waterfall, the campsite is nestled cozily on a hilly ridge that overlooks the alluring waters of a river stream.
Camping Location: Mohan Chatti, Rishikesh.
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM (Day 1)
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM (Day 2)
Camping Duration: 2 Days and 1 Night.
About Camping in Rishikesh with Rafting:
Nestled cozily alongside a lush green mountain adorned by vivid flora and fauna with a river stream flowing at the front, this campsite offers an ideal escapade to adventure enthusiasts seeking serenity amidst beautiful nature.