Activity Location: Shivpuri, Rishikesh.
Timings: 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM.
Reporting Location: Ram Jhula, Rishikesh
Challenge the adventure animal in you and indulge in this river rafting filled with a thrill in Rishikesh. Take on the challenge of strenuous waves and admire breathtaking landscapes as you cruise through silent water with a panormic view of mountains all along.
1. Camping under the stars: Just as soon as you get free from the exhilarating activity of Rafting in Rishikesh, a cozy camping session awaits you. The remaining time of your day can be spent relaxing and getting over your fatigue while gazing into the uninterrupted scenery of twinkling stars.
2. Bungee Jumping: What can be more adventurous than Rafting? Rafting and Bungee Jumping together. Offering a free fall from a height of 83 feet, Rishikesh offers the highest bungee jumping location in India. With high quality equipment and experienced guides, bungee jumping in Rishikesh ensures proper safety.
3. Flying Fox: Take part in one of the most thrilling recreational activities in Rishikesh and enjoy the combination of gravity and full speed of the air flow. Almost a kilometre long rope structure has been set up in Rishikesh, along which you can enjoy this adrenaline pumping activity.
4. Giant Swing: Carried out on the same platform as that of Bungee Jumping, the Giant Swing will let you soar from a height of 83 metres like a pendulum or a swing. All the basic safety equipment will be provided and you will be tied to a harness through your waist.
5. Hot Air Ballooning: Get a chance to experience Rishikesh from high above in the sky and gaze into the beauty this city has to offer. From the gushing streams to the rustling forests, you will be delighted with some of the most scenic views.
6. Cliff Jumping: Check your bodily fitness as you jump from a cliff 30 to 40 ft high. From lifejackets to helmets, all proper safety gears will be provided to make sure that you enjoy the best experience.
Along the various tributaries of the Ganges lie a plethora of camping sites, known for their cozy settlements and a close vicinity to the rafting areas. Whether you are a budget traveller or a solace seeker, the variety of camps/tents available here make sure that every visitor enjoys their vacation here. Being a paradise for rafting enthusiasts, Rishikesh has also become a top choice among regular campers.
Some of the major locations along which you can stumble upon the amalgamation of rafting and camping include:
1. Shivpuri: Often considered to be a “Mecca” for river rafting enthusiasts, this place is the most preferred location for opting a session of camping. Located at a distance of around 18 KM from Rishikesh, this location is known for offering seclusion and a wholesome scenery. Shivpuri offers riverside camping, in which you are provided all basic facilities and an array of activities to try hands on.
2. Heval Valley: Heval Valley is famous for its perfect camping location with lush green surroundings and beautiful landscapes. It is located around 16 KM away from Rishikesh. From budget friendly and affordable camps to luxurious and chic camps, a variety of tents are available here.
3. Bairagad: On the opposite side of Henwal Valley and approximately 25 KM away from Rishikesh lies a small town of Bairagarh. This place will combine two of the most famous activities available in Rishikesh - Camping, Rafting. The camps here offer various activities other than rafting, including indoor/outdoor games and kid friendly activities.
4. Kathiya: After crossing Shivpuri and Marine Drive and covering a distance of 23 KM from Rishikesh, you will find a stream of water gushing from below a bridge and finally meeting the Ganges. This stream has a perfect secluded location of Kathiya - more precisely - Badal Gaon. This location is known for its perfect location away from the humdrums of the city.
Most of these locations have camps loaded with all basic facilities and range from budget friendly to luxury. You can choose from the abundance of camps and spend your nights having fun with your loved ones.
Things to Carry for Rafting in Rishikesh
1) There are high chances of getting wet during a session of rafting, thus make sure that you carry an extra pair of your clothes, shoes, socks and undergarments while opting for this activity
2) Make sure that you carry sunglasses, sunscreen and swimming glasses (if needed) to save yourself from scorching sun as well as sudden splashes of water.
3) You can bring your Gopro camera only at your own risk.
4) Any personal medical requirement, including the prescribed medication, the prescription(if there is any) must be carried as might need them.
5) You will be provided with all basic first aid requirements, however it is advisable to bring your own personal first aid kit for cases of emergency.
Rishikesh Rafting Safety Measures
2) Safety equipment including helmets and life jackets are provided.
3) In case of any emergency, you will be provided with basic first aid.
4) Even if you are a non-swimmer, you can still enjoy rafting in Rishikesh, however you are advised to follow all the provided safety precautions and guidelines.
5) Please note that you are not allowed to opt for this activity if:
- You have chronic neck and back pains
- You are three or more months pregnant
- You have had some major surgery
- You have any part of your body broken (hand, leg, arm, etc)
6) To save yourself from getting nauseous, make sure that you do not consume heavy food or drinks before opting for the activity.
7) To enjoy this experience at its best, make sure that you are physically as well as mentally fit.
8) Choose your rafting grade wisely, check for your fitness level, water scare and swimming expertise and then opt for the grade which best suits you.
9) Take care of your comfort by choosing the right clothing and footwear. Make sure that your clothes are neither too loose nor too tight and your shoes/footwear has a proper grip. Avoid wearing any jewellery.
How to Reach Rishikesh?
Classification of Rapids
Bestowed with the gurgling Ganges and its tributaries and some of the deep ravines, Rishikesh river rafting promises endless enthralling moments to the rafter. It is in this quaint Garhwal city, you can enjoy rafting through many different rapids of various grades.
Just like the white water rafting, With a range of grade-I to grade-V, rafting in Rishikesh will surely keep you engrossed with its unique charm and thrill! Mentioned below are the classification of rapids, you can find and enjoy in this city:
1. Grade-I: These are the easiest among all the types of rapids. They are classified as grade-I due to the fact that they involve a lesser amount of challenges and mostly occur in the plains. Due to this fact, the flow and speed of these rapids are considerably among as compared to other grades.
Known to be ideal for the beginners, grade-I rapids also involve a lesser amount of manoeuvring techniques and skillsets. Also, since these rapids involve a mild amount of current and are conducted in the shallow region, even a non-swimmer can participate in grade-I river rafting.
2. Grade-II: After the grade-I, there are the grade-II rapids that are also considered ideal for the novice rafters. Taking the fun and thrill of Rishikesh rafting one step further, these rapids offer are usually tougher than the previous type, and can be found in those regions where the main river passes through the uneven regions or slightly rocky trails. Due to this, they also offer a bit of challenge and a reasonable or moderate amount of challenge to the rafters.
To navigate through them, one surely needs prior rafting experience and navigating skills; rafting with a skilled guide is advisable in this case! Grade-II river rafting is one of the most popular and sought-after activities among the rafting enthusiasts to this region.
3. Grade-III: The first step to the fascinating world of white water rafting in Rishikesh, grade-III rapids will take you through some of the tiring and strenuous rapids in the Ganges and its tributaries. Due to the high speed and size of these rapids, whenever they crash against the rock surfaces, they appear to be foamy-white and thus called white water rafting! These types of rapids are commonly found in the regions where the river flows downward with great speed and also passes through some of the rugged and rocky patches.
One surely needs a rafting guide while manoeuvring through the grade-II rapids. Adding more to the thrill and excitement of this type of Rishikesh rafting, there are the high amount of challenges and requires very skilled cruising techniques or skills.
4. Grade-IV: Once you are acquainted with the tips and tricks of rafting in Rishikesh, you must begin the fun and experience the thrill with the grade-IV rapids. Compared to the first three types, these rapids are more fearsome and are known for the various levels of challenges they offer. Mostly found in the regions where the river descends down through rocky patches at high speed, these rapids require a lot of potential and manoeuvring techniques along with high endurance level!
The city has a number of grade-IV rapids and is known to the most enthralling place for the same. Taking the fun, vigour and excitement of river rafting to almost the zenith point, it is always advisable to challenge these types of rapids only after you are very well versed with all the tips and tricks involved in river rafting in Rishikesh.
5. Grade-V: The grade-V rapids are the epitome of Rishikesh river rafting! Recommended only for the expert rafters, they require an ardent set of rafting skills and plenitude of encounters with the white waters. Mostly found in the regions where the river passes through extreme rocky patches or are accompanied by sudden drops, there are a handful of such rapids in the whole country, and most of them are found in Rishikesh itself.
Also, as the river goes deep, grade-V white water rafting Rishikesh is only recommended for those rafters who are well acquainted with swimming. Most of the times, this type of rapids are also accompanied by large whirlpools as they occur mostly at the confluence point of water current from different sources of water. Extremely challenging, grade-V rafting must not be tried without the proper consent of the rafting guides and must also be done under the expert supervision of highly experienced rafting guides and instructors!
Holiday Special: Rishikiesh Tour Packages with Best Offers
Rafting in Rishikesh Rapids
Owing to all these factors, it mainly attracts the novice or the beginner rafters; families with kids or junior members can also indulge in Sweet Sixteen rafting in Rishikesh.2. Hilton and Terminator (Grade-II): During your visit to the renowned Ram Jhula in Rishikesh, you will surely come across this fascinating rapid called the Hilton and Terminator. A grade-II rapid, it starts from the vicinity of Brahmapuri and winds up after reaching Ram Jhula.
Passing through some of the sharp edges and amazing turns, this rapid offers an enthralling and equally safe rafting experience! In addition to rafting, you can also indulge in body surfing and cliff jumping by the end while cruising through this rapid.3. Three Blind Mice (Grade-III): After cruising through the grade-I or II rapids for a couple of times, you can plunge into the raft and manoeuvre towards the Three Blind Mice in Rishikesh! Graded as the third level of rafting in Rishikesh, it passes through a series of sharp and enthralling passes that adds an extra amount of thrill and adventure to the rapid.
Though can be enjoyed by amateur rafters, strict guidance from the rafting guides or instructors are recommended for a promising experience through Three Blind Mice!- Cross Fire (Grade-III):
Another grade-III rapid that offers you to cruise through the holy Ganges at its full glory, Cross Fire is known for the series of challenges difficulties associated with it. During the course, this rapid passes through one of the most strenuous and roughest phases of the river and thus entices a large number of rafters. Prior experience and expert guidance is a must in case you are planning to cruise through CrossFire!
- Roller Coaster (Grade-III/IV):
The extreme level of turbulence, current flow, the vast size of the waves and the rocky terrains associated with Roller Coaster make it a must to challenge rapidly while rafting in Rishikesh. Classified as grade-II/IV rapid, it requires an expert level of rafting techniques along with high manoeuvring skills. Also, since there are numerous rock formations along the trail, you will be witnessing frothy waves while cruising through it; this also makes it an ideal rapid for amazing white water rafting experience!
- Golf Course (Grade-III):
This is one of the rapids that will surely test all your paddling skills while rafting in Rishikesh! Though classed as a grade-III rapid, you must have prior experiences of grade-II or III rapids before you hop into the raft and start cruising through it. Unlike other rapids of the same grade in Rishikesh, Golf Course offers extreme challenges and during the course, it passes through some of the fascinating trials and extremely uneven paths. Get the adrenaline boost you always craved for and cruise through this rapid under the strict observation and guidance!
4. The Wall (Grade-IV):
For the skilled and experienced rafters, The Wall proves to be an ultimate rapid in Rishikesh! Graded with the fourth level of rapids, this enthralling rapid will surely take you for a toss with the extreme level of challenges and difficulties involved with it. Highly recommended only for the expert rafters or those with prior experiences with grade-III rapids, it should only be tried under the strict vigilance of an expert guide or rafting crew members!
5. Daniel's Dip (Grade-V):
You should try this rapid only after you have mastered the skills and techniques of rafting in Rishikesh! Known to be the most enthralling rapid in the entire region or in the Ganges, Daniel’s Dip is among the very grade-V rapids in the entire country. Keeping in mind about the series of challenges and difficulties involved with it, you should never try cruising through Daniel’s Dip without a full-fledged rafting crew or an expert rafting team!
Activity Location: Taliyal Gaon, Rishikesh
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 11:00 AM
About Beach Camping in Rishikesh with Rafting:
Surrounded by blossom green mountains and located at walking distance from the nearby waterfall, the campsite is nestled cozily on a hilly ridge that overlooks the alluring waters of a river stream.
Camping Location: Mohan Chatti, Rishikesh.
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM (Day 1)
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM (Day 2)
Camping Duration: 2 Days and 1 Night.
About Camping in Rishikesh with Rafting:
Nestled cozily alongside a lush green mountain adorned by vivid flora and fauna with a river stream flowing at the front, this campsite offers an ideal escapade to adventure enthusiasts seeking serenity amidst beautiful nature.