Kashmir tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Kashmir holidays packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Kashmir vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
The ‘Crown of India’, Kashmir can be best explored with the well-planned, fully organized, and absolutely budget-friendly Kashmir tour packages from Thrillophilia. Choosing these easy and convenient packages will not only offer you a well-crafted itinerary for your tour to Kashmir, but will also offer you comfortable pre-booked accommodation, excellent sightseeing tours, fun activities, and of course 24/7 genuine travel assistance.
It is important to note that when you book Kashmir packages planned to perfection by the experienced travel experts of Thrillophilia, you book for yourself a totally hassle-free and completely tailored holiday in the mountains. These packages will let you cover the maximum attractions of Kashmir within your stipulated time frame. Furthermore, you will get sufficient time for doing your favorite activities like shopping and dining. Not to forget, these packages can also be customized to meet your personal favorite locations and activities.
No matter if you are traveling to Kashmir with your spouse, family, or friends, you can select from the Kashmir holiday packages, suiting your purpose. Competitively priced, these packages take you through the most popular destinations of Kashmir including Srinagar, Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Kargil, Pulwama, Pahalgam, and much more. Furthermore, it goes without saying that bookings made with Thrillophilia always come with amazing deals and discounts.
Popular Kashmir Tour Packages
|Srinagar Tour Package||3D/2N||₹ 6950.0||4.0 star|
|Glimpse of Srinagar Tour Package with Gulmarg||4D/3N||₹ 7540.0||4.0 star|
|Family Tour Package of Kashmir||6D/5N||₹ 13130.0||4.0 star|
|5 Days Splendid Kashmir Honeymoon Package||5D/4N||₹ 12745.0||4.0 star|
|Charismatic Private Kashmir Family Tour Package||6D/5N||₹ 14030.0||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Kashmir Tours
What are the famous places to see during the Kashmir Tour?
1. Srinagar: Known popularly for its lush forested mountains, verdant gardens, colourful flower beds, and picturesque lakes, Srinagar is a paradise on earth. A must-inclusion in all the Kashmir travel packages, this nature lover’s delight introduces you to the scenic beauty and colourful culture of Kashmir.\
The largest city of Kashmir, Srinagar is famous for its postcard-perfect Dal Lake, where you can rent a boathouse and float on the serene waters, spending a relaxing vacation. The Nishat Bagh and the Mughal Gardens propel couples with their breathtaking rows of flora and a tranquil atmosphere. Srinagar is also the place where you can relish a delightful Mutton Rogan Josh and shop for Pashmina shawls.
2. Gulmarg: Translating literally to the ‘Meadow of Flowers’, Gulmarg is often found in every Kashmir trip package. With the magnificent snow-clad mountains serving as a nice contrasting backdrop, the vast stretches of colourful flowers offer a real treat to the eyes in Gulmarg.
The snowy mountain peaks offer excellent skiing and snowboarding activities for the adrenaline seekers. Gulmarg also offers thrilling gondola rides, which is considered to be the second highest cable car in the world. The gondola ride will take you to an elevation of over 3657 meters up Mount Apharwat and offer breathtaking views, including that of the Nanga Parvat.
3. Kupwara: Lying at a stone’s throw away from Srinagar, Kupwara is a dreamy land of majestic alpine markets, rolling meadows, and clear gushing water. Set in picturesque locales, Kupwara is an epitome of natural beauty in Kashmir. One of the major attractions in Kupwara is its enchanting valleys, including Lolab valley, Seemab Valley, Bungus Valley, Keran Valley, and Machil Valley.
Kupwara also has religious sites including the Qamar Reshi Sahib Shrine and the Sheikh Baba Behram point. Featuring dense forests and offering mountain biking and trekking opportunities, Chandigham in Kupwara is a delight for nature and adventure lovers.
Location: Kupwara, Kupwara district, Jammu & Kashmir
4. Kargil: Considered to be the second largest town in Ladakh region, Kargil offers undaunted natural beauty. A witness to many historic wars, Kargil oozes out a lot of heart-warming memories and emotions. One of the must-visit places in Kargil is the war memorial, where you can pay your tribute to the valiant Indian soldiers who lost their lives for saving our country. You can also experience mountaineering in the Nun Mountains and take a trekking tour to Suru Valley. Other places that you can explore in Kargil include Wakha Rgyal, Shergol, Mulbek Gompa, and Urgyen Dzong.
5. Pulwama: Lying at a distance of around 40 kilometers from Srinagar and nicknamed as the “Rice Bowl Of Kashmir”, Pulwama is a quaint village in Kashmir. Brimming with natural beauty, Pulwama is known popularly for its aromatic saffron fields, amiable climate, rich culture, and kind-hearted locals.
Offering excellent trekking and mountaineering opportunities in the summer season and snowboarding and skiing opportunities in the winters, Pulwama is often found in the Kashmir holiday packages of all adventure enthusiasts. Pulwama is packed with a number of excellent hotels for tourists to enjoy a comfortable and memorable stay.
Location: Pulwama district, Jammu & Kashmir
6. Pahalgam: Perched at an elevation of around 2,740 meters above sea level and packed with thick green forests, colourful flowery meadows, and serene lakes, Pahalgam is one of the most recommended places to include in the Kashmir tour packages of all avid nature lovers.
Set at an approximate distance of around 95 kilometers from Srinagar, Pahalgam offers a serene and tranquil atmosphere for the solitude seekers to soak in. The picturesque Aru and Betab Valley propel couples with their unending natural charm. The Sheshnag Lake is an amazing place to visit and enjoy the views of the greenish waters and the surrounding grassland and mountain terrains.
Location: Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir
7. Anantnag: Home to a plethora of beautiful age-old temples and known for its spiritual significance, Anantnag is commonly found in the Kashmir packages of spiritual enthusiasts and pilgrims. Packed with ever-charming freshwater springs and breathtaking lush gardens, Anantnag comes straight out of an artist’s magical scenery. Tourists visiting Anantnag spend much of their time enjoying temple visits.
Some of the famous spiritual sites to visit here include the Martand Sun Temple, Amarnath Ji's cave, Kheer Bhawani Asthappan, Masjid Baba Dawood Khaki, Imambara Goom, and Ziarat Baba Hyder Reshi Shrine. One of the other prime places of interest in Anantnag is the Kishtwar National Park, which is home to Himalayan black and brown bear and musk deer.
Location: Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir
8. Nishat Garden: Known popularly as the ‘Garden of Bliss’, Nishant Garden happens to be the second largest Mughal Garden in the Kashmir Valley. Lying on the eastern side of the famous Dal Lake, Nishant Garden was established in 1633 AD under the command of Asaf Khan, the brother of Noor Jahan.
With the majestic Zabarwan Mountains serving as a stunning backdrop, Nishant Garden offers a treat to the eyes. Featuring a serene water channel flowing amidst the garden and 12 terraces adorned with colourful flowers, Nishat Bagh offers an impressive Persian architectural design to marvel at.
Location: Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, 191121
Timings: 9 AM to 7 PM
Price: INR 10 per head
9. Shalimar Garden: Perched on the picturesque shores of Dal Lake and sprawled across a vast area of whopping 31 acres, Shalimar Garden happens to be the largest Mughal Garden in Kashmir valley. The Shalimar Garden was established back in 1619 AD under the orders of the Mughal Emperor Jahangir. Flanked by tall Chinar trees and packed with colourful flowers the ever-charming Shalimar Garden is a must-include in the Kashmir tour packages of couples.
Location: Chinar chowk, Shalimar, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 191121
Timings: 9.30 AM to 6.30 PM
Price: INR 10 per head for Indians, INR 200 per head for foreigners
10. Chashmashahi: Established back in 1632 AD under the commands of the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, Chashmashahi is the smallest of all the three gardens laid out by the Mughals. Chashme Shahi happens to be an awe-inspiring three-terraced garden, with a striking natural spring of water flowing through it.
Packed with well-manicured flowery patches, Chashme Shahi flaunts an Iranian influenced architectural design. Offering breathtaking panoramic views of Dal Lake, Chashme Shahi is a great picnic site.
Location: 7, Boulevard Rd, Chashma Shahi, Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
Timings: Monday to Saturday - 8 AM to 7.15 PM; Sunday - 2 AM to 9 PM
Price: INR 10 per head.
11. Jama Masjid: Constructed by Sultan Sikandar in 1402, Jama Masjid is considered to be the biggest mosque in Kashmir Valley. This mosque has been damaged severely by fire three times, but has fortunately been well-restored.
The existing building of Jama Masjid was constructed in 1672 under the commands of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb Alamgir. Jama Masjid flaunts a spellbinding Indo-Saracenic style of architecture. Featuring a huge courtyard with a total of 370 wooden pillars, Jama Masjid has a capacity to accommodate 33,333 devotees at a single time.
Location: Nowhatta Kathi Darwaza Road, Nowhatta, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190003
Timings: 3 PM to 7 PM
12. Yusmarg: Known fondly as the ‘Meadow of Jesus’, Yusmarg is a truly postcard-perfect destination, packed with untainted natural beauty. Yusmarg is packed with lush meadows, amazing trekking trails, foaming river waters, picturesque high-altitude lakes, and beautiful sacred shrines.
Not explored by many tourists, Yusmarg is one of the most off-beat places that backpackers can include in their Kashmir tour packages. One of the main attractions that make Yusmarg beautiful is the photogenic Nil Nag Lake, which lies 4 kilometers downhill. The famous Charar-e-Sharif dedicated to Sufi Saint Sheikh Noor-ud-din Noorani and the Pakherpora Shrine dedicated to the saint Syed Balkhi are frequently visited by spiritual enthusiasts.
Location: Budgam district, Jammu & Kashmir
13. Aru Valley: Juxtaposed against the snowy Himalayan peaks, the enchanting Aru Valley is often found in the Kashmir tour packages for honeymooners. This breathtaking valley is adorned to perfection by the picturesque Aru River, a tributary of the Lidder River.
Serving as a base camp for a number of treks and offering a number of exhilarating activities like hiking and horse riding, Aru Valley is also a must-include in the Kashmir packages of adrenaline seekers. Aru Valley is also the gateway to the famous Kolahoi glacier and Tarsar Lake.
Location: Pahalgam, Anantnag District, Jammu and Kashmir
14. Amarnath: Dedicated to the Hindu god Lord Shiva, Amarnath is one of the top places to include in the Kashmir packages of all devotees and religious seekers. The major attraction of this place is the Amarnath Cave, which is home to the Shiva Linga made entirely of ice. This unique Shivalinga is an accumulation of water droplets that freeze once they fall on the floor of the cave.
According to popular mythological beliefs, the Amarnath Cave is the same site where Lord Shiva shared his life’s secrets with his consort Goddess Parvati. Amarnath receives the highest influx of devotees during the Amarnath Yatra, which is held here every year between July and August.
Location: Anantnag district, Jammu & Kashmir.
15. Sonamarg: Nicknamed as the ‘Meadow of Gold’, Sonamarg is one of those prime destinations that all travelers wish to have in their Kashmir travel packages. Undulating trekking trails, spectacular flower beds, and stunning glaciers are some of the top highlights of the quaint town of Sonamarg.
One of the main attractions of Sonamarg is the mesmerizing Thajiwas Glacier, which offers excellent trekking and camping opportunities. Another attraction of this town is its pristine lakes including Gangabal Lake, Gadsar Lake, Satsar Lake, Vishansar Lake, and Krishnasar Lake. The thrilling Zoji-La Pass is yet another major place of interest in Sonamarg, which generally attracts the daredevils.
What are the best things to do during the Kashmir Tour?
1. Take a Shikara Ride in Dal Lake: It will be a sin to visit Kashmir and not take a shikara ride in the famous Dal Lake. Hop into the colourfully adorned, traditional wooden Shikara and lay back soaking in the astounding panoramic views of the distant snow-capped mountains, as the boatman takes you across the picturesque lake.
The enchanting sound of the boatman’s oar against the water surface, the cool breeze, and the mesmerizing nature views will offer you the true detox from your mundane life.
Location: Dal Lake, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
Timings: 6 AM to 5 PM
Price: INR 150 to INR 250 per head
2. Enjoy a Gondola Ride in Gulmarg: No matter your age, riding the Gondola will always interest you and offer you a super fun experience. This is one of the basic adventures that all kinds of travelers can have in their cheapest tour packages for Kashmir. The first phase of the Gondola ride will take you from Gulmarg to Kungdoor. The second phase will take you from Kongdori to Apharwat Peak. From Kongdoori to Mary Shoulder it will be a chair lift.
Location: District Baramulla, Alambal Road, Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403
Timings: Ticket Sale - 9 AM to 3 PM; Ride - 10 AM to 5 PM
Price: INR 600 per head for Phase I, INR 800 per head for Phase II, INR 300 per head for Chair Lift
3. Try Your Hands at Golf at Gulmarg Golf Club: If you have a thing for golf, make sure you try your hands at the sport at the Gulmarg Golf Club, which makes for one of the world’s highest and largest 18-hole golf courses. With the Himalayan peaks serving as an excellent backdrop and lush green expanses encompassing the golf club, the splendors of nature will definitely motivate you to play a great shot.
Location: Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir 193403
Timings: 8:30 AM to 10 PM
Price: INR 800 per head for Indians, INR 1200 per head for foreigners
4. Relish Delicious Authentic Kashmiri Cuisine: When looking for the cheapest tour packages for Kashmir, make sure that it takes you to the best places here to enjoy authentic Kashmiri delicacies. Start your food tour of Kashmir with the authentic tea of Kashmir, the delicious Kashmiri Kahwa.
Go on to treat your tastebuds with the delicious Mutton Rogan Josh, Kashmiri Wazwan, Yakhni, Gushtaba, and Matschgand. No worries if you are a vegetarian; Kashmir will serve you passionately. Try Paneer Chaman and Dum Aloo and you will always return to these delicacies whenever you visit Kashmir the next time.
Location: Nedous Dining Room, Stream Restaurant, Alchi Kitchen, Ahdoos
5. Take a Heritage Walk of Old Srinagar: You can explore Srinagar best by taking a walking tour through this lively city. So, make sure you have enough time in the itinerary of your Kashmir packages, so that you can take a fulfilling walk of Old Srinagar and explore its cultural and historical riches. On this heritage walk, you can spot a number of Mughal style architectural marvels.
You can also witness the popular Jamia Masjid, which features a total of 370 maple wood pillars. You can also visit the old markets of Srinagar and shop for local produce like dry fruits, threads, and spices.
Location: Old Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
6. Pay a Visit to the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden: No matter if you are a couple or a family, you will definitely love to have a visit to the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden included in your Kashmir packages. On your visit to the largest tulip garden of Asia, the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden, you can spend time spotting a wide variety of colourful flora, including tulips, daffodils, ranunculus, and hyacinths. If you are visiting Kashmir during the month of April, do not forget to attend the tulip festival held in this garden every year.
Location: Jammu and Kashmir, Cheshma Shahi Road, Rainawari, Srinagar
Timings: 7 AM to 7.30 PM
Price: INR 50 per head for adults and INR 25 per head for children
7. Shop for Organic Dry Fruits: If you are a shopaholic by heart, make sure you have a dedicated shopping day in the itinerary of your Kashmir tour packages. One of the best things to buy in Kashmir is dry fruits, which is one of the prime local produce of this place. One of the best places to find good quality, organic dry fruits is Royal Kashmir.
You can buy all kinds of home-grown dry fruits here including cashews, apricot, pistachios, almonds, dates, and raisins. You can also get umpteen varieties of fresh fruits here including Kashmiri apples, plums, and pomegranates.
Location: Abi Kara Pora Rainawari, Dal Lake Meena Bazar, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190003
8. Seek Blessings at the Kheer Bhawani Temple: Pay a visit to the famous Kheer Bhawani Temple and pay homage to Goddess Ragnya Devi, who is believed to be an incarnation of Goddess Durga. On your visit to this temple, you will get to see that the main offering made to the goddess here is the Indian delicacy ‘kheer’, from which the name of the shrine is inspired. You can also see the beautiful water spring over which the Kheer Bhawani Temple is located.
Location: Tulmulla – Dangerpora Link Rd, Tulmulla, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
9. Shop Your Heart Out at Ahmad Complex: It is recommended for all shoppaholics to have sometime in the itinerary of their Kashmir tour packages for shopping at the famous Ahmad Complex. Tourists can shop for clothing, traditional Kashmiri jewelry, and amazing Kashmiri souvenirs at good rates from this place. You can also find many bakeries and cafes here to sample some fresh local snacks.
Location: Hussaini colony, Chattergam, Budgam, Jammu and Kashmir Budgam Jammu and Kashmir, 191113
Timings: 10 AM to 9 PM
10. Take a Wildlife Safari at the Dachigam National Park: If you are a wildlife enthusiast, choose from Kashmir tour packages that offer you a thrilling wildlife safari in the world-famous Dachigam National Park. On your safari through this breathtaking national park, you can spot a number of amazing animal species including the hill fox, long-tailed marmot, musk deer, leopard, Himalayan black bear, jackal, and Himalayan weasel. You can also engage in bird watching, trying your luck at spotting a variety of beautiful birds like cinnamon sparrow and black bulbul.
Location: Near Harwan Mughal Garden, Dachigam Road, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 191202
Timings: 8 AM to 6 PM
Price: INR 25 per head
How to reach Kashmir?
By Air: The Srinagar Airport in Kashmir is well-connected to the prime cities of the country, including Bangalore, Mumbai, Jammu, Goa, & Delhi by top airway services like Jet Airways, IndiGO, and Air India.
By Rail: The nearest railhead to Kashmir is the Jammu Tawi Railway Station, which is located around 330 kilometers away. You can take a train from cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and Trivandrum to reach the Jammu Tawi Railway Station. From here, you can take a local taxi to reach Kashmir.
By Road: The capital city, Srinagar is connected to Indian cities like Jammu, Leh, Delhi, and Chandigarh by well-paved roads.
What is the best time to visit Kashmir?
The most ideal time for taking a Kashmir trip is during the summer season, between the months of March and May. During this time of the year, the weather of the place is warm and balmy during the daytime, which is suitable for enjoying sightseeing. However, if you want to enjoy snowfall in Kashmir, you should visit the place during the winter season, between the months of November and February.
Are there ATM facilities in Kashmir?
Yes, you can find well-equipped ATMs facilities in Kashmir. Prime cities of Kashmir like Srinagar, Pahalgam, and Gulmarg have a number of operating ATMs.
What should I pack for Kashmir trip?
-Half sleeves cotton t-shirts/ tops
-Cotton trousers/ jeggings
-Cotton track pants
-Full sleeves t-shirts/ tops for the evening
-Light woollen garments for the night
-A raincoat / waterproof jacket
-cotton t-shirts/ tops
-Cotton trousers/ jeggings
-Cotton track pants
-A light jacket/ hoodie/ pullover
-Full sleeves t-shirts/ tops
-Full sleeves sweaters/ overcoats/ pullovers
-Warm woollen socks
-Woollen caps/ mufflers
-Warm woollen gloves
-ID proof like Aadhar Card/ Passport/ Voters’ ID
-Hotel booking proof
-Kashmir trip package voucher
-Carry enough cash as most of the local hotels and restaurants accept only cash. ATMs are available only in selected locations of Kashmir.
-Toothbrush and paste
-Bodywash, handwash, hairwash, and face wash
-Sanitary pads/ tampons
MOBILE NETWORK & DATA CONNECTIVITY
-A 2G/ 3G BSNL SIM
How much does a trip to Kashmir cost?
In general a Kashmir trip for a week will cost you INR 12,372 per head. Your daily expenses in Kashmir will be around INR 1,767 per head. You can expect your per day expense to be INR 379 per head on food, INR 177 per head on local transportation, and INR 1,820 per head on shared accommodation.
Why is Kashmir so famous?
Kashmir is known popularly for its picturesque lakes, striking landscapes, deep valleys, revered holy places, wonderful climate, impressive art & heritage, beautiful handicrafts, colourful traditional houseboats, thrilling trekking sites, and flavourful Kashmiri cuisine.
What should I buy in Kashmir?
-Pashmina shawls & blankets
-Handmade Kashmiri carpets
-Traditional Kashmiri dress
-Paper mache products
-Carved walnut wood-work
-Dry fruits like almonds, figs, walnut, hazelnuts, & cashews
-Kashmir willow bats
-Fresh fruits like apples, cherries, plums, kiwi, peach, pears, & pomegranate
Which mobile networks function in kashmir?
BSNL 2G and 3G are functional in almost all other parts of Kashmir. BSNL 4G is only functional in Srinagar.
Is it safe to visit Kashmir?
Yes, Kashmir is absolutely safe for tourists, just like any other parts of the country. Tourism is an important part of their revenue and hence the Kashmiris do their best to make sure tourists have a welcoming and memorable experience in Kashmir. However, tourists are advised to stay in the popular and known places of Kashmir, rather than visiting the unexplored and troubled areas.
How many days are enough for Kashmir?
You need a Kashmir trip package of at least 4 days to visit all the prime attractions of the destination. On this 4 days trip to Kashmir you can explore all the hidden secrets of Gulmarg, Sonmarg, Pahalgam, and Srinagar.
Is Kashmir or Manali better?
If you are looking for a peaceful and less chaotic atmosphere, picturesque natural sceneries, and good romantic and leisure moments, you should definitely book a Kashmir trip package. However, if you have less time in hand and are seeking more adventurous activities, you can opt for Manali.
How far is Kashmir from Delhi?
Kashmir is located at an approximate distance of around 859 kilometers from Delhi. In general, it takes 13 hours and 37 minutes to reach Kashmir from Delhi.
When does it snow in Kashmir?
It generally snows in Kashmir during the winter season, between the months of December and March. During these months, the snowfall is really heavy, which is suitable for enjoying fun snow activities like snowboarding and skiing.
What are the best adventure activities in Kashmir?
1. Go Skiing in Gulmarg: The best way to enjoy snow in Kashmir is to go skiing in the snow-clad mountain slopes of Gulmarg. You can get all the ski gears including skis, goggles, gloves, sticks, and boots at the local ski shops of Gulmarg. Keep in mind that the ideal time for skiing here is from December to mid-April.
2. Enjoy River Rafting in Pahalgam: Head to the roaring Lidder river in Pahalgam and enjoy a thrilling river rafting trip. Raft through this picturesque river, facing several exhilarating whirlpools. As you raft here, soak in the mesmerizing views of snow-clad cliffs and deep green valleys.
3. Experience a Wildlife Safari in Dachigam National Park: Include a wildlife safari at Dachigam National Park in your Kashmir holiday packages and explore exotic fauna and flora of the state. Try your luck at spotting the Kashmiri stag, snow leopard, Himalayan black bear, bharal, markhor, and red fox.
4. Enjoy Paragliding at Astanmarg: Enjoy a morning paragliding session over the quaint village of Astanmarg, which lies on the borders of Srinagar. As you fly across the skyline, soak in breathtaking panoramic views of the Shalimar Garden, Nishant Bagh, and Dal Lake. Catch mesmerizing glimpses of the verdant Kashmir valley and high-rising mountain peaks.
Which are the famous lakes to visit in Kashmir?
1. Dal Lake: Located in Srinagar and commonly found in all Kashmir holiday packages, Dal Lake is the most popular water body in Kashmir. Spread across an area of around 10 sq.kmThis picturesque lake is adorned to perfection with colourful houseboats & Shikaras and floating markets.
2. Wular Lake: Sprawled across an area of more than 130 sq. km, Wular Lake is home to aquatic vegetation and fish. Considered to be the largest freshwater in Asia, the Wular Lake offers boating and water skiing opportunities. One can also visit the Nal Sarovar Bird Sanctuary, which is a part of this lake.
3. Nagin Lake: Flanked by lush green expanses and majestic hills, Nagin Lake offers a peaceful atmosphere. This romantic lake lets you enjoy serene shikara rides and shop for local produce from the lively floating markets. You can also enjoy swimming and a cozy houseboat stay in Nagin Lake.
4. Manasbal Lake: Home to a host of colourful aquatic birds, Manasbal Lake is a paradise for avid birdwatchers. The clean waters of this lake is home to beautiful lotus and water lilies. The banks of this lake are adorned by breathtaking gardens and make for an excellent camping ground.
Where can I go skiing in Kashmir?
Gulmarg: If you are a skiing enthusiast, make sure you have Gulmarg in your Kashmir tour package. With Mount Apharwat standing proud here, Gulmarg makes for an excellent skiing destination. This entire mountain is categorized into two phases.You can reach the first phase by taking a Gondola ride from Gulmarg to Kungdoor.
If you are still a beginner at skiing, consider this as your slope and ski down back to the start point. If you are at the intermediate level, take the gondola and ride from Kongdori to the Apharwat peak, from where you can enjoy the thrill of skiing down at a high speed. If you are a pro, take the chair lift to Marry Shoulder, from where you can ski right down to Gulmarg.
Which are the popular houseboat stays in Kashmir?
1. Naaz Kashmir: Perched on the serene Nagin Lake, Naaz Kashmir is one of the most luxurious houseboats in Kashmir. This ever-charming houseboat features artsy interiors and modern facilities that includes a separate library. They also offer rental bicycles, shikara rides, bbq facilities, and water-skiing facilities on demand.
2. De-Laila Group Of Houseboats: Lying close to the city center and nestled in the Jhelum River, De-Laila Group Of Houseboats flaunts a traditional Kashmiri decor. This houseboat is known famously for its excellent hospitality, super delicious food, and intricately designed impressive interior.
3. Royal Dandoo Palace Group of Houseboats: Floating on Dal Lake, Royal Dandoo Palace Group of Houseboats is one of the most popular houseboats that tourists love to include in their Kashmir holiday packages. This houseboat offers beautiful wood-panelled houses and a cozy fireplace. Picnic and bird watching tours can also be arranged by them on special demand.
4. Butt’s Clermont Houseboats: Perched by the western shores of Dal Lake, Butt’s Clermont Houseboats is an ideal retreat for couples. Set overlooking the 400 years old Mughal Garden, Naseem Bagh, this boathouse features comfortable & cozy suites that let you wake up to the spectacular views of the blue lake and the lush chinar trees.