Uttarakhand PackagesUttarakhand tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Uttarakhand holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Uttarakhand packages with exciting deals & offers.
Introducing you with the most enticing Uttrakhand vacation packages, Thrillophilia gives you a chance to immerse into the eclectic mix of cuisines, customs, and people of this city. Right from the comfort of your couch, you can browse from a wide range of tours that offer you comfortable accommodations, delicious meals and skilful guides. Our team of experts carefully curate and organise Uttarakhand packages for you to have the best of the best experiences at this hill station.
While browsing through the packages, you can even avail various unbeatable discounts that come up from time to time to get a sweet deal for a booking. This way, they are pretty budget-friendly too. Along with this, they can also be customized according to your individual preferences. There are ample choices of things to do in Uttarakhand that you can add in your itineraries that range from trekking to camping and rock climbing to sky diving. Be it a short relaxing trip, a long break, or an exciting adventure-filled holiday, we have the right Uttarakhand tour packages for you to choose from.
With lots of splendid places to visit in Uttarakhand in your inclusions, Thrillophilia aims to give you an unforgettable experience with a touch of magic and love. So book the package now to reveal the greatest gems of this untouched paradise of nature that welcomes you with open arms to be lost in its untouched splendours and scenic vistas.
Popular Uttarakhand Tour Packages
|Haridwar Rishikesh Dehradun Mussoorie Tour From Delhi||5D/4N||₹ 12700.0||4.0 star|
|Haridwar Rishikesh Auli Package||6D/5N||₹ 15499.0||5.0 star|
|Haridwar Rishikesh Dehradun Mussoorie Tour Package||5D/4N||₹ 9250.0||5.0 star|
|Delhi to Jim Corbett Package||3D/2N||₹ 7480.0||4.0 star|
|Kedarnath Tour Package from Mumbai||4D/3N||₹ 18700.0||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Uttarakhand Tours
Which are the best places to visit during the Uttarakhand tour?
1. Rishikesh: One of the best ways to explore the rich and diverse history of India is by visiting the holy city of Rishikesh as part of your Uttarakhand tour packages. It is one of the most important cities for pilgrimage for Hindus. Rishikesh is not only famous for its many temples and holy centres, but also for its ashrams and wellness camps that teach guests the purest forms of yoga, Ayurveda and other means of holistic living.
Apart from this uplifting lifestyle, you can also experience the immense natural beauty of Rishikesh, with its gushing rivers, tall mountains and beautiful stretches of green jungles. River rafting and bungee jumping are the two experiences you must try here.
Best Time: February – mid-May.
2. Auli: Auli is a picturesque hill station situated in the Chamoli District of Garhwal Himalayas in Uttarakhand. It is one of the most beautiful spots in your Uttarakhand tour packages, where you can enjoy a number of very exciting activities and take in the panoramic natural view.
Considered one of the most visited tourist destinations in India, Auli is famous for its enchanting Ski resorts, Ski Events and Ski slopes set amidst the snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas and the coniferous forests consisting of pine and oak trees. Auli is also ideal for trekkers and hikers, due to the presence of several stunning nature trails that are worth exploring.
Best Time: December – February.
3. Nainital: The breathtaking hill station of Nainital is situated in the Kumaon region of Uttarakhand. Located at an elevation of 2,084 metres, Nainital is a dream destination that is part of your Uttarakhand packages.
This marvellous resort town is home to several beautiful natural attractions such as the famous Naini Lake where you can enjoy activities like boating and picnics on the banks. Other famous attractions are the Naina Devi Temple, the Mall at the Govind Ballabh Pant Marg and numerous chic hotels and restaurants. You can also indulge in various recreational activities like rappelling, Burma Bridge, Tarzan Swing and trekking.
Best Time: March - June
4. Mussoorie: Mussoorie is an enchanting hill station situated at the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan range at Dehradun District and an essential stop on your Uttarakhand packages. Situated at an elevation of 2,005 metres, this town is popularly known as “The Queen of the Hills' ' as it is surrounded by the snowy Himalayan ranges, the famous Doon Valley and the majestic Shiwalik Ranges.
Lal Tibba is the highest point in Mussoorie, from where you can catch a stunning 360-view of the surrounding natural landscape. You can also view the towns of Kedarnath, Badrinath and Bandarpunch through the famous Japanese telescope which was installed here in 1967.
Best Time: March - June
5. Jim Corbett: The legendary Jim Corbett National Park is situated at the Dhikala zone at the Ramganga Reservoir in Uttarakhand. This is one of the most exciting inclusions in your Uttarakhand tour itinerary when you are travelling through the state.
Spread over a huge area of 520.8 square km and consisting of large lakes, grasslands and marshy depressions, this national park is home to several beautiful animals including the majestic Bengal Tiger. The other animals protected at this park are the sambar deer, chital, barking deer, hog deer, Indian Grey Mongoose, otters, Himalayan Goral, Indian pangolins and other such rare fauna and flora.
Best Time: December - March
6. Kedarnath: When you are planning your Uttarakhand tour itinerary, visiting the holy city of Kedarnath is an absolute must. Situated at the Rudraprayag District, Kedarnath is one of the most sacred pilgrimage destinations for the Hindus. Thousands of devotees, sages and tourists visit the famous shrine of Lord Shiva at the Garhwal Himalayan Range near River Mandakini.
The rugged beauty of the snow-capped mountain ranges adds to the divine charm of this place. Apart from the spiritual and religious significance of this place, Kedarnath is also famous for its incredible natural beauty, found in its lush green alpines and bright, colourful rhododendrons.
Best Time: April - November
7. Dehradun: Visiting the enchanting capital city of Dehradun is an essential part of your Uttarakhand tour plan. Dehradun is situated at the quaint and picturesque Doon Valley at the foothills of the Himalayas, nestled between River Song in the east and River Yamuna on the west.
This city is primarily famous for the Indian Military Academy and the prestigious Doon School which has created its own benchmark in the field of education. Due to its cool and pleasant weather condition and natural splendour, Dehradun is always a great destination to take a short break from the monotony of daily life. It is also a popular romantic destination for honeymooning couples.
Best Time: March - June
8. Haridwar: Haridwar is the epicentre of ancient Indian culture and Hinduism. All comprehensive Uttarakhand holiday packages include a stop at Haridwar. Located in the Haridwar District in Uttarakhand, this town is one of the most popular pilgrimage sites, visited by thousands of devotees from all over the world.
This town is famous for Har Ki Pauri and their elaborate Ganga Aarti. The ‘aarti’ session in the evening where the priests worship the holy River Ganga with great fanfare is also a spectacle that is worth witnessing. This, together with the gushing rivers, temples, bridges and surrounding snow-capped mountains creates a magical environment.
Best Time: November - March
9. Almora: Situated at the Kosi River Valley in the district of Almora, this cantonment town is a dream destination perfect for a quaint vacation. While making your Uttarakhand tour plan, it is imperative that you visit this picturesque town set amidst the majestic Himalayan ranges and thick conifers, offering a breath-taking view of the snow-capped landscape.
You can spend a memorable vacation absorbing the rich cultural heritage of Almora, shopping for local handicraft items and enjoying a delicious and unique local cuisine. You can visit the famous temples of Nanda Devi and Chitai and enjoy a rejuvenating trek to Zero Point while holidaying in Almora.
Best Time: April – June, September – November.
10. Kausani: Uttarakhand holiday packages are incomplete without a trip to Kausani. Situated in the Bageshwar District, this quaint hill station is ideal for a peaceful vacation in Uttarakhand, removed from all the popular tourist spots, but equally beautiful.
You can witness a unique and uninterrupted view of some of the most beautiful Himalayan ranges including Nanda Devi, Trishul and Panchachuli. You can also indulge in thrilling activities like camping, trekking and hiking and visit popular places like Kausani Estate, Lakshmi Ashram, Anashakti Ashram and the famous Sumitranandan Pant Museum.
Best Time: April – June
11. Lansdowne: Lansdowne is a picturesque hill station founded by the Garhwal Rifles Regiment during the colonial rule of the British over India. Nestled amidst thick coniferous forests and layers of misty mountain ranges, Lansdowne is a must-visit destination during your Uttarakhand holiday packages.
This tranquil town makes for a great retreat with your family and friends. Here, you can explore the rich, heritage bungalows and the churches leftover from the British Raj. You can also witness some of the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets from different viewpoints, go on a nature walk, explore hidden hiking trails, go bird-watching and spend your Uttarakhand vacation in absolute tranquillity.
Best Time: December - February
12. Binsar: The serene town of Binsar is situated at an elevation of 2,420 metres, in the Kumaon region in Uttarakhand. This region offers a breath-taking, panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan ranges spread over a stretch of 300 Kilometres. The main peaks visible from this region include Trishul, Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot, Panchhuli, Kedarnath and Chaukhamba.
This place is a perfect destination for avid photographers, nature lovers and adventure freaks. Binsar is also known for its many colourful rhododendron trees and its many hiking trails through thick oak forests. You can also visit the famous wildlife sanctuary, meet the locals, familiarize yourself with the local culture, explore the heritage buildings and create memories for a lifetime.
Best Time: October - March
What are the best things to do during the Uttarakhand tour?
1. Rafting in Rishikesh: The River Ganga in Rishikesh is perfect for a thrilling rafting experience while you are enjoying a vacation in this holy city. You can experience one of the best rafting sessions at Shivpuri near Ram Jhula. It takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete the entire route.
You can have an out-of-the-world experience while you cross 4 rapid levels through the surrounding mountain ranges. All safety measures are ensured and you also have the option of being accompanied by a trained professional during your activity.
Location: Shivpuri, Rishikesh.
Timing: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Price: INR 400 per person
2. Camping in Lansdowne: Uttarakhand is one of the best places in India for overnight camping trips. You can enjoy a two day- one night camping trip in a tent under a sky full of stars, while holidaying in Uttarakhand.
The Jungle Camping with Adventure Activities package allows you to enjoy fun-filled activities like bonfires, waterfall trekking, flying fox, rock climbing, rappelling, bamboo bridge trips and many more.
Timing: 2 days 1 night (check in 12:00pm - check out 10:00am)
Price: INR 2,040
3. Boating in Naini Lake: Boating on the surface of the picturesque Naini Lake can be a very memorable experience. Surrounded by misty mountain ranges and cradled amidst lush green conifers, Naini Lake boating excursions can offer one of the most romantic experiences ever.
Enjoy a relaxing trip in the bright, colorful Shikara as you steer around the pristine lake, with your loved ones. The entire trip lasts approximately 30 minutes, while you admire and appreciate nature's splendour and tranquillity all around you.
Location: Naini Lake
Timing: 6:00am – 6:00pm
Price: INR 105 per person
4. Wildlife Safari at Jim Corbett: Enjoy an enriching trip around the legendary Jim Corbett National Park with your family and loved ones. You can opt for a Jeep Safari with a maximum accommodation of 6 passengers and 2 children, or you can choose to travel in Canter Safari with 16 passenger seats.
You will be traveling through six main zones, namely Birjani, Garjya, Jhirna, Dhela, Durgadevi and Sitabani. During the safari, you can witness the majestic Bengal Tigers and many other magnificent animals closely, in their natural habitats.
Location: Nainital District, Ramnagar, Uttarakhand 244715
Timing: 6:00am- 9:30am, 3:00pm – 6:00pm
INR 3,800 for Jeep Safari.
INR 1,500 per person for Canter Safari.
5. Paragliding in Mussoorie: Feel the adrenalin rush of flying above the ground at an elevation of 4000 feet and gliding above the beautiful Shiwalik Ranges and picturesque villages and towns when you go paragliding in Uttarakhand.
A professional guide will accompany you during your trip, to help you navigate the parachute and land safely. People of all ages and levels of expertise can enjoy this life-changing activity.
Bhatta Falls, Dehradun Road, Bhatta Gaon, Mussoorie 248179
Mussoorie Lake, Dhobi Ghat, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179
Timing: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Price: INR 3,000 per person
6. Pray at Badrinath Temple: The Badrinath Temple is considered one of the holiest of all pilgrim sites in India. All around the year thousands of devotees visit the sacred shrine of Lord Vishnu which was built in the 7th Century C.E.
It is a rare opportunity to see the tall, spectacular sculpture of Lord Vishnu carved in black granite inside the temple. All the devotees are allowed 10-15 minutes to offer their prayers. Devotees can join in the morning prayers or the “abhishekam” or offer their prayers during evening ‘aarti.
Location: Mata Murti road, Badrinath, Uttarakhand 246422
Timing: 6:00am – 5:00pm
7. Witness Ganga Aarti in Haridwar: Visiting the sacred Ganges and watching the Brahmins perform “aarti” and offer their prayers to River Ganga is a wonderful experience. The city of Haridwar is the abode of ancient Indian culture and Hinduism.
As River Ganga is considered the holiest of all rivers by the Hindus, the worship is performed with great fervour, divinity and enthusiasm in Haridwar. Twice a day, huge lamps are lit and several Brahmins persist gather by the river bank and grand worship is performed along with Vedic chants and hymns.
Location: Har Ki Pauri, Haridwar, Uttarakhand 249401
Timing: 5:00am – 6:60am, 6:00pm – 7:00pm
8. Skiing in Auli: If you are an adventure freak, then Auli is the ultimate paradise for you. This town is the perfect holiday destination for anyone in love with adventures and snow. Enjoy an out of the world experience as you ski through the pristine snowy slopes, cradled amidst thick forests of pine and oak.
Your 3-day adventure starts from your arrival at the picturesque hill station. You will receive basic training from a trained professional regarding the activity and how to handle the equipment before you are allowed to use them to ensure your safety.
Location: Auli Road, Auli Laga Salude, Uttarakhand 246443
Timing: 3 days 2 nights
Price: INR 4,499 per person
9. Trek to Valley of Flowers: The famous Valley of Flower National Park is situated at the North Chamoli district of Haridwar in Uttarakhand. This region is a small piece of heaven with vast stretches of the undulating landscape covered with the glorious endemic alpine flowers.
The snow-capped misty blue mountain ranges, the thick conifers and the plethora of bright, colourful flowers create a bewitching sight. It is one of the most romantic and photogenic places in all of India – ideal for couples and photography enthusiasts.
Location: North Chamoli, Pithoragarh, Haridwar, Uttarakhand
Timing: 6 days 5 nights
Price: INR 6,500 per person
10. Bungee Jumping in Rishikesh: Experience a daring free-fall within the thick coniferous slopes of the Shiwaliks at the famous Mohan Chatti at Rishikesh. Bungee Jumping is an adventure and a one-of-a-kind of experience for adventure freaks and adrenaline seekers.
The 83-meter drop during the activity will give you a massive rush, as you free-fall through the air towards the ground, tethered to a strong rope by your feet.
Location: Mohan Chatti, Rishikesh,
Timing: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Price: INR 3,250 per person
How to reach Uttarakhand by Road, Rail, and Air?Reaching Uttarakhand is not very complicated. The state is well connected with the National Capital and can be reached tirelessly by road. Being a hill station, the weather conditions are not always up to the mark, so many scheduled flights can get delayed and canceled.
By Air: The closest airport to the city center of Dehradun is Jolly Grant Airport. It is situated approximately 5 km away. Taxis are operated from outside the airport to reach the main city. Despite being a small airport, major domestic airlines like Indigo, SpiceJet, Air India, and Jet Airways operate from here.
By Train: The city can be accessed by train through the Dehradun railway station. Local trains commute daily on this station, while luxury trains like Mussoorie Express and Shatabdi Express connect the metropolitan cities of India to the city of Dehradun. Situated at a distance of hardly 1 km from Clock Tower, a number of local buses, autos, and taxis operate outside the station to help you reach your destination.
By Road: From non-AC buses to luxury Volvos, from local Uttarakhand buses to interstate buses, the Inter-State Bus Terminal (ISBT) of Dehradun is well connected to all the major cities. If you are traveling in your vehicle, you can reach Dehradun by taking NH-72.
Is Uttarakhand safe for solo travelers?Uttarakhand is extremely safe for solo travelers, and the crime rate over here is very low. But even though Uttarakhand is far away from thefts, robberies, eve-teasing, and general crimes compared to other states, you must take care of your belongings while you’re moving outside to prevent any mishaps.
Does Uttarakhand have snow?Yes, during winters, many popular hill stations of Uttarakhand are covered in blankets of snow. They attract tourists from all around to come and fall in love with the scenic grandeur of the snow-draped hills, the comforting weather, and the pleasant silence.
If you wish to escape the weary of your daily hustle and spend some time exploring the child in you, places like Auli, Dhanaulti, Munsiyari, Chakrata, and many more are a must-visit for you. Whether it is making snow-mans or playing with snowballs or simply enjoying a cup of hot cocoa by the fireplace, Uttarakhand has it all.
Which is the coolest place in Uttarakhand?Caped with a snowy blanket maximum time of the year makes Auli the coldest place in Uttarakhand. With the temperatures never soaring above 23 degrees, even during summers, Auli is emerging as a popular unconventional getaway for wanderlust lovers. With pine cones dropping from woody trees and orchards of reddish apples covering its land, Auli offers breathtaking panoramas of sun-kissed mountains.
During the winter season, from the months of December to February, mercury dips below 0 degrees, and the place witnesses a magical snowfall. This brings in a lot of tourists from across the globe in search of evergreen trekking and skiing experience. So when planning a vacation in winters, make sure to include Auli in your Uttarakhand holiday package.
Which is the best time to visit Uttarakhand?Each season presents a new color in this hilly region. So, the best time to visit Uttarakhand is subject to what you are seeking from your Uttarakhand trip. However, the months from February to April are observed as the peak season.
During Summers: The months from March to June experience a warm sun shining brightly in the sky, making summers ideal to try adventure sports or go on pilgrimages to enchanting temples.
During Monsoon: From July to October, Uttarakhand experiences unpredictable showers discouraging traveling during this season. However, it is ideal if you want to trek to the Valley of Flowers.
During Winters: If making snow angels gives you butterflies in the stomach, then the chilly winters from November to February are your best shot.
Is Uttarakhand worth visiting?
Yes, Uttarakhand is absolutely worth visiting because of its unfaltering, stunning beauty and glorious pilgrim centers. Visiting Uttarakhand is like being in the lap of nature, enjoying the splendid surroundings.
What is famous in Uttarakhand?
Nothing less than a glimmer of paradise, Uttarakhand is famous for its scenic beauty of the Himalayas and the Terai grasslands along with savannas and the Bhabar. It is also known for numerous divine pilgrimage centers and temples.
Is Uttarakhand safe for couples?
Yes, Uttarakhand is perfectly safe for couples and will welcome you with smiling faces. Visiting Uttarakhand will be one of the best trips and this journey will be a memorable one in a completely safe environment.
What are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand with family?
1. Dehradun: Providing scenic vistas and stunning landscapes, Dehradun is a perfect city for a family vacation during Uttarakhand trip packages. With beautiful weather all through the year, it makes for a perfect rejuvenating place away from city life. Explore this small city which is also one of the important education hubs in the country and make your holiday worth remembering.
2. Haridwar: The religious chanting and prayers on the lips of the tourists is what welcomes you in Haridwar, one of the most famous pilgrimage sites in India. With numerous sights and temples worth seeing in Haridwar, it makes for an ideal place in Uttarakhand to visit with family. It is also home to some of the famous spiritual and yoga centres of learning.
3. Rishikesh: Encapsulated by the lush green surroundings, riveting scenic beauty and architectural wonders, Rishikesh makes for one of the most amazing places to visit with family in Uttarakhand. Also known for its adventurous water sports like kayaking, river rafting, canoeing and more, it will offer you the best time where you will create moments worth cherishing.
4. Nainital: Known as the city of lakes, Nainital is one of the best places to visit with family in Uttarakhand. This city makes for a perfect getaway as it is surrounded by the most stunning vistas along with peace and tranquility. With pleasant weather and numerous attractions worth witnessing, it makes for an amazing holiday destination.
5. Jim Corbett National Park: A remarkable place to witness wildlife and nature up close, Jim Corbett National Park is the place to go. Perfect for a family vacation during Uttarakhand trip packages, this is one of the oldest national parks rich in flora and fauna. You can witness Royal Bengal Tiger and innumerable species of birds here, a terrific experience.
Which are the famous hill stations in Uttarakhand?Snow-laden mountains, scenic waterfalls, and emerald jungles mark the beauty of Uttarakhand. Be it Mussoorie, Nainital, Almora, Badrinath, Ranikhet, or Kausani; each hill station is unparalleled in terms of angelic beauty and amusing destinations. So, if you opt for an Uttarakhand tour package, make sure you hit these hill stations and discover all the scenic locations.
1. Nainital: Mesmerizingly picturesque, this hill station of Uttarakhand has plenty of gorgeous resorts to stay in and offers postcard views all around. A sparkling lake lies in the middle of the city, called Naini Lake, which is an excellent site to go boating. A paradise for nature lovers, tourists to Nainital, love trekking over Naini peak to watch the sublime sunrises and sunsets from the highest point of the city.
2. Kedarnath: To the followers of Hinduism, a trek to Kedarnath is the most sacred pilgrimage as it is the abode of Lord Shiva. A part of the Chota Char Dham, or smaller four holy abodes, it is frequented by millions of pilgrims every year. With majestic mountains overlooking it and River Mandakini flowing by its side, the ancient temple of Kedarnath is surrounded by verdant greenery and houses intricately carved idols and lingams of Lord Shiva.
3. Mussoorie: Referred to as the 'Queen of the Hills,' Mussoorie attracts a lot of youngsters due to the happening attractions spread across the entire city. From bathing in the Kempty Falls and driving smoothly along Camel's Back Road, to climbing the peak of George Everest and shopping in the Mall Road, the city is a perfect blend of a hill station's serenity and a city's bustling charm and one must include this beautiful city in their Uttarakhand tour itinerary.
What to carry on the Uttarakhand Tour?Here are a few essentials that you must carry on your Uttrakhand tour.
Clothes- 2-3 pairs of socks and waterproof hand gloves- Windproof jacket and heavy jacket- Woolen sweater and a fleece jacket- Waterproof/synthetic track pants- Avoid carrying shorts, capris and tight jeans- Full sleeve T-shirts- Thermal inners and caps
Medicines- Dexamethasone- Diamox- Crocin- Combiflam- Avil 25mg- Omez/ Ranitidine- Crepe bandage- Band-Aid- Moov spray- Antiseptic cream- Knee Cap- Antifungal Powder
Personal Kit- Head Torch along with extra batteries- Cold cream and lip balm- Sun protection cream- Toilet paper/wipes- Quick-dry towel
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Uttarakhand tour?
1. Kuari Pass: Offering the magnificent views of the Himalayas, Kuari Pass is sure to spellbound you with its scenic beauty. It is one of the best places to be visited at night on your Uttarakhand tours as it is renowned for its view of the Milky Way Galaxy. Kuari Pass provides an experience that will stay with you for years to come.
Location: Chamoli Garhwal.
2. Majkhali, Ranikhet: One of the favourites among the astrophotographers, Majkhali will steal your heart with its full arc view of the Milky Way. Another view worth witnessing is the golf course that looks stunning in the mesmerising dark sky. It is an unsurpassable experience offered on the Uttarakhand tour packages.
Location: Almora, Kumaon.
3. Mukteshwar: Mukteshwar offers spectacular views of the starlit sky on Uttarakhand tour packages. You will also witness the shooting comets at night at Mukteshwar, a once in a lifetime experience. It makes for a perfect romantic place for a getaway with your partner where you can stargaze and enjoy the experience.
Location: Nainital, Kumaon.
4. Deoria Tal, Ukhimath: Deoria Tal offers reflections of the magnificent mountain peaks in the pure, crystal water, an absolute sight to behold. One of the most scenic sights on the Uttarakhand tour packages is the sky filled with stars twinkling in all their glory.
Location: Rudraprayag, Garhwal.
5. Chaukori, Berinag: Chaukori is one of the best places to visit at night on Uttarakhand tours as it offers the most stunning views of the sunrise and sunset. The nights offer unparalleled views of the galaxy, a sight you cannot afford to miss. This experience at Chaukori will steal your heart.
Location: Pithoragarh, Kumaon.
What are the best adventure activities one can experience in Uttarakhand?
1. Trekking: Uttarakhand offers the most amazing trekking experience with mesmerizing views of the Himalayas. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, Uttarakhand has treks to suit everyone’s needs. You can enjoy the Valley of Flowers Trek, Deoriatal, Tungnath, and Chandrashila treks in Uttarakhand. There are also courses offered where you can learn trekking before going on one.
2. Paragliding: The bewitching views, bird’s eye view of the surroundings takes you by surprise while you paraglide in Uttarakhand. This experience will make your heart skip a beat as you soar high, almost feeling like touching the sky. Offering this adrenaline rush, Uttarakhand has numerous paragliding spots where you can take this beautiful experience.
3. Canoeing & Kayaking: Paddle through in the Kayak against the water flows in Uttarakhand, an experience of a lifetime. With numerous places offering this adventure sport, you can also learn the basics by the professionals available to teach you at a nominal cost.
4. Ziplining: One of the most exciting and thrilling activities offered in Uttarakhand is ziplining. Perfect for people who love adventure and adrenaline rush, ziplining will provide you with an experience that will leave an indelible imprint on your heart. The sight of the gushing water and scenic surroundings while you slope will enhance your experience.
5. Skiing: One of the most exhilarating adventure activities, Skiing in Uttarakhand offers an experience that will dwell in your heart. Slide on the snow at Auli draped in beautiful white and indulge in this enchanting experience. If you don’t know how to ski, experts are present to teach you and you can take classes before enjoying this mesmerizing experience.
Which are some famous treks I can do in Uttarakhand?Lying in the geographical center of Himalayas, Uttarakhand offers more treks than imaginable. Many of these treks are still being discovered, but if you’re more of a casual trekker, we will guide you through some of the most famous treks available in Uttarakhand tour packages.
1. Brahmatal Trek: You are low on time and want to experience the most; then, you shouldn’t look further than Brahmatal trek. It is Jam-packed with luscious green forests, views of some the most exemplary peaks in Uttarakhand, and rare wildlife.
It is also one of the least crowded treks you will find in the current times. To top it all off, it has arguably the 2 most beautiful lakes in the entire country, which give out a very beautiful vibe when frozen.
2. Flower Valley Trek: It is said that this is the most fresh trek in the entire world, and people cannot argue with that. One could really fall for the serenity this trek provides. With beautiful glimpses of the great Himalayas and flora that can’t be found anywhere else, it’s worth it to have it on your trek list.
To reach this valley you need to trek from Govind Ghat to Hemkund Sahib that leads up to Ghangaria.The valley is just 5 kilometers from Ghangaria and you can also find a serene lake called Hemkund over here.
3. Har Ki Dun Trek: A trek that shouldn’t be missed if you have a good amount of time in your hands. Many trekkers revere this trek for its rich culture. You can experience the ancient Himalayas in their best form as you make it through the various ridges, meadows, basins, forests, and villages. Homing the most renowned campsites in India, it’s a trek that any veteran would recommend.
4. Dayara Bugyal Trek: A trek perfect for beginners, Dayara Bugyal, has some of the best meadows on the planet. This trek offers you everything a high altitude trek offers and yet is a very relaxing and laid back trek.
Spectacular mountain views and ancient villages would make you want to stay there forever. This trek does wonder in bringing out the nature lover in you as you will find meadows like no others as you go through the fantastic forests.
5. Deoriatal Chandrashila Trek: A trek that feels like it was made for the breathtaking summit views it offers. The most popular Uttarakhand trek offers you not only the views of a few Himalayan peaks but lets you see all of the peaks and summits of the eastern and western Uttarakhand.
It also provides you with some of the best forest trails in India and is a heaven for birdwatchers. You can detect diverse species of birds over here such as griffins, snow partridges, and Himalayan woodpeckers.
Which are the best romantic places to visit on a Uttarakhand tour?
1. Mussoorie: Known as the ‘Queen of Hills’ Mussoorie is one of the most picturesque and bewitching destinations for romantic couples. The unspoiled beauty of this place attracts and enchants the tourists. This is one of the best places to visit with your partner away from the chaos of city life so make sure to include this in your Uttarakhand travel package.
2. Auli: An absolute treat for the eyes and soul, Auli offers breathtaking views and a quintessential experience. Visit this place with your partner for a romantic vacation and have the time of your life amidst stunning surroundings and chilly weather. Head out for trekking or indulge in thrilling activities, Auli will never disappoint you.
3. Almora: Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, Almora is a perfect retreat amidst nature surrounded by awe-inspiring views. With plenty of famous attractions to visit including the Nanda Devi Temple, Maa Dunagiri Temple, it is one of the most beautiful romantic places that you shouldn’t forget to include in Uttarakhand packages.
4. Lansdowne: With spellbinding views and the feel of a quaint place, Lansdowne is a hill station for couples offering a perfect romantic getaway. You can trek through Lover’s Lane, visit the famous attractions or witness the wildlife, you cannot afford to miss including this place in Uttarakhand packages.
5. Valley of Flowers Trek: One of the most incredibly beautiful treks, Valley of Flowers Trek should be on every couple’s bucket list. Offering mystical views of the valley along with alluring terrains and passages, this place is one of the best romantic places to visit on a Uttarakhand tour.
Which are the historical places to visit in Uttarakhand?A walk into the historic towns of Uttarakhand will make you admire the rich heritage of this state. Hence, when booking any Uttarakhand vacation package, try discovering these lesser-known destinations.
1. Dwarahat: Tucked away in the mountains of Kumaon, in the placid hamlet of Almora, lies the ancient city of Dwarahat. Decorated by 55 stone temples built during the bygone era, this town glorifies the rich and charming heritage of Uttarakhand. Constructed under the rule of Katyuri rulers, this place is historically as well as religiously significant. It lies in the proximity of Ranikhet and offers scenic views of the valleys from its top.
2. Narendra Nagar: A royal jewel for Garhwali culture, the town of Narendra Nagar is situated in the vicinity of Tehri district and is frequented by many visitors en route Yamunotri and Gangotri. It derives its name from the great king of the Shah Dynasty, Maharaja Narendra Shah. With intricately designed structures and tranquil beauty, this place witnesses tourists marveling at its brilliant architecture. The main landmark is the royal palace, which also houses a modern spa.
3. Lohaghat: A hidden marvel of Uttarakhand, the sleepy town of Lohaghat is now gaining popularity due to its centuries-old temples and mystic ambiance. With the quiet Lohawat River flowing by its green terrain, the panorama of this town is unparalleled. Travelers to Lohaghat love visiting Abbot Mount and Advaita Ashram.
Which are the main pilgrimage sites in Uttarakhand?The paramount pilgrimage for Hindu followers around the world is the four shrines of Chota Char Dham. Literally meaning 'the smaller four holy abodes,' these holy temples fall in different regions of Uttarakhand and are situated high above in the Himalayas. Thus, apart from Haridwar and Rishikesh, maximum Uttarakhand packages cover these divine destinations as well. Mentioned below are the holy centers of Kedarnath, Badrinath, Yamunotri, and Gangotri.
1. Kedarnath: Far above in the snow-capped mountains of Himalayas, perched peacefully in a lush green valley, lies the holy shrine of Kedarnath. Witnessing devotees from all over the world, the ancient temple of Kedarnath is amongst the most prominent shrines of Lord Shiva and is part of the Chota Char Dham.
The breathtaking beauty of its landscape bewitches anyone who visits it. Starting at the sacred lake of Gauri Kund, to reach the temple, one needs to cover a trek of 22 km. Journeying on foot to the shrine and worshipping with full devotion to Lord Shiva is said to relieve one from his problems and grant the blessing of the god.
2. Badrinath: Known as the birthplace of River Alaknanda, Badrinath is an eminent Hindu pilgrimage site that consecrates the preserver, Lord Vishnu. Surrounded by majestic mountains from all corners, this temple finds its name in many Hindu Puranas and Vedas.
Every year, from April to November, the shrine is thronged by millions of Vishnu devout traveling on foot to seek the blessings of their Lord. The ancient architecture of this temple is pleasing to the eyes and refreshes the soul of anyone who prays in it. Fragranced flowers are showered upon the black stoned effigy of Lord Vishnu enshrined over here.
3. Yamunotri: High above in the Garhwal region of the Himalayas lies the Champasar glacier from which River Yamuna originates. Said to be the resting place of Goddess Yamuna, this pilgrim site even has a magnificent temple dedicated to the goddess and has her effigy carved out of black marble.
Worshipped for being the giver of life for Indian civilizations for centuries, Yamunotri is the third temple among Chota Char Dham. Since Hindu epics mention Lord Yama, the god of death, as the brother of Goddess Yamunotri, devotees believe that traveling to this place grants a peaceful death.
4. Gangotri: Lastly, the birthplace of the holy river the Ganges is the sacred pilgrimage center of Gangotri. The Hindu deity behind the great force of this river is believed to be Goddess Ganga. Emerging as Bhagirathi from the gigantic glacier, River Ganga is visited by pilgrims seeking repentance of their sins and blessings for a new start. The fourth shrine in the group of Chota Char Dham, pilgrims, visit Gangotri after going first to Yamunotri.
What can I buy in Uttarakhand?Uttrakhand offers a lot of extraordinary things to the visitors to take back as a memoir of your trip. Here we’re enlisting a few items that you must buy if you’re over here.Local wines that are made in the wineries of Uttrakhand
- Jams and pickles- Organic honey that comes in various flavors such as elaichi, lichi, etc- Shawls and woolen clothing from the handicraft bazaar- Ringaal and Rambaan handicrafts that are eco-friendly- Paschmina or Angora shawls- Wooden crafts, animal figurines made by Gunjyal tribe
What are some famous camping sites in Uttarakhand?Hills are synonymous with camping and it's the best way to explore the majesty of nature. And when your backdrop is so breathtaking, you cannot resist the wilderness and charm of sleeping under the starlit sky. For many years, tourists have booked the Uttarakhand packages for trekking and camping at its many hidden and undiscovered destinations. Look at our picks from the best camping sites given below.
1. Tons Valley: The valley that houses Dehradun is a camping site like no other. Astounding Flora and Fauna create a vibe loved by many. But nature is not all this valley has for it as people here follow a tradition unheard elsewhere, worshipping the Kauravas.
This is enough for many to be curious, and they are attracted to these valleys like a moth to a flame. With picturesque views of rivers and forests, this valley has something for everyone.
2. Chaukori: A concealed heaven in Uttarakhand that most people don’t know about, Chaukori provides stunning views of the many Himalayan peaks such as Trishul, Nanda Kot, and Nanda Devi. Still early in its development as a camping place, Chaukori offers tourists the thrill and adventure of camping in an undiscovered site.
This place gives you a hand at finding peace with oneself and shouldn’t be missed by people wanting to spend some quality time with themselves.
3. Dhanaulti: Adventure seekers swarm around Dhanaulti for its reputation of being dynamic in adventurous activities. The first choice of many campers looking for an exciting experience, Dhanulti, is a somewhat remote hill station preferred by many people to cut some days out of their busy schedules.
The site allows you to stare in amazement at the magnificent sunrise and sunset. Filled with Oaks and Rhododendrons as far as the eye can see, Dhanaulti is a campsite not to be missed.
4. Kanatal: Quite possibly, the most popular camping site of Uttarakhand, Kanatal, was relatively unknown 5-7 years ago. But great things are hard to hide, and in a short span, the rough and tough ways of Kanatal have enticed hordes of tourists.
The camp is famous for its rainbow-like flowers, which can be spotted on the various nature walks offered by the site. The camp facilities here are top-notch and provide you with anything you might need in the rustic environment of Kanatal.
Which are the best lakes in Uttarakhand for boating?
1. Bhimtal Lake: Located in the Nainital district, this beautiful lake owes its name to a historical figure, Bhim from Mahabharata. Surrounded by lush green mountains and stunning views, Bhimtal Lake is one of the best spots for boating in Uttarakhand along with the bird watching experience.
2. Naini Lake: One of the most famous attractions in Nainital, Naini Lake is one of the most romantic spots to enjoy the experience of boating in Uttarakhand. Encapsulated by the seven hills, boating at this lake lets you create moments to relish, make sure you add this to your Uttarakhand travel package.
3. Tehri Lake: One of the favorite boating spots among the tourists, Tehri Lake is surrounded by splendid, picturesque views that enhance your experience. It is perfect for people seeking peace and serenity amidst the hustle of city life.
4. Naukuchiatal: With abundant flora and fauna surrounding this lake, it is one of the most popular boating destinations in Uttarakhand among the tourists. It is perfect for people who love thrill and excitement since it is one of the deepest lakes in Uttarakhand.
What are the best places for a food tour in Uttarakhand?
1. Rishikesh Food Walk Tour: This food tour allows you to feast on delectable delicacies in the place known for its food culture, Rishikesh. Relish the most famous local treats that will win your heart along with visiting the oldest food joints. The guide will walk you through offering insights on the local food cuisine making it a knowledgeable and fun tour.
2. Tasty Treats and Food Tour, Mussoorie: With innumerable local delicacies, this food tour is replete with fun and flavour offering you the most amazing experience. With a guide accompanying you, you will experience the best gastronomic tour.
Relish the authentic delicacies from bhel puri, kebabs, to pav bhaji and momos. Visit the Yoga City for an exceptional experience or enjoy the bun cheese omelette with masala chai amidst the pleasant weather.
3. Dehradun Street Food Tour: Walk through the lanes in the city for the most flavoursome delicacies, carefully handpicked for you. This food tour is sure to make you fall in love with Dehradun and the guide accompanying you will ensure you visit all the prominent places and taste all the famous street food.
What are the safety measures for a trip to Uttarakhand?Traveling to a new place unknown to you is exciting but calls for an attentive mind that looks out for any problems. So look at the handy tips jotted down to ensure you have a memorable and safe journey.
1. Though monsoon brings refreshing greenery, avoid traveling during this season. Rainfalls increase the chances of landslides making road travel riskier in hill stations.
2. Always keep an eye on the weather forecast before stepping outdoors.
3. Choose your hotel wisely: Do not go for one that is too near a strong river or a cliff.4. When the sun is too bright, drink a lot of water and apply plenty of sunblock before kick-starting your day.5. Only try adventure sports under the supervision of authorized operators.6. Dress according to the weather: Carry sunglasses and scarves to beat the scorching heat. Don a nice sweater or overcoat that keeps you warm in the chilly weather.7. Get a pair of sturdy and comfortable shoes when beginning a trek or hike.8. Do carry the necessary ID proof and documents at places required.