If you are planning a trip to the ‘Scotland of India’, we have the best Coorg tour packages in store for you with amazing deals and discounts. Thrillophilia’s well-curated and hand-picked Coorg packages can offer you the most well-planned and strategically formulated itineraries that can help you visit all the places of interest and experience every exciting activity within the trip duration decided by you.
Furthermore, crafted by our experienced trip experts, our Coorg holiday packages can offer you a very convenient and hassle-free trip plan, avoiding rush and inconvenience. Whether you want to travel to the hill station for a honeymoon, business, or family vacation, we can suggest every kind of package for your Coorg tour for the perfect and most memorable trip.
With our Coorg sightseeing packages priced at the most affordable and reasonable prices, you can get every facet of your trip in a voucher without burning a big hole in your pocket. No matter what your budget is or how short your Coorg trip is, you can still get an excellent tour package made just for you.
With the option for customization, you can also make sure that your package serves all your needs and wishes and seems tailored just for your convenience. Irrespective of the place you are traveling from, our Coorg package can help you with your trip until you reach home with a truly magical experience and surreal memories. So, what more are you waiting for? Go ahead and explore Thrillophilis’s vast array of travel-friendly packages for your tour to Coorg.
Popular Coorg Tour Packages
|Coorg Sightseeing Tour For Full Day - Flat 29% Off||8H||₹ 488||5.0 star|
|Tadiyandamol Hike In Coorg||8H||₹ 749||3.0 star|
|Mandalpatti Jeep Safari I Book Online @ Flat 25% Off||3H||₹ 899||5.0 star|
|Day Out at Dubare Elephant Camp in Coorg||7H||₹ 1447||4.0 star|
|Tadiandamol Trek, Coorg | Book @ ₹3,699 & Get 26% off||2D/1N||₹ 3699||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Coorg Tours
What are the best Coorg Tour Packages?
Here are the Coorg Tour Packages with best offers:
1. 5 Days Escape to Scotland of India with a stay at Coffee Plantation
2. Combo Offer: 2 Day Trek to Tadiandamol Peak and 2 Day Stay at Heritage Homestay
3. 3 Days and 4 Nights Coorg Tour with a sightseeing tour of Madikeri
4. Discover Coorg with Kumara Parvatha Trek
5. Holiday in Coorg with a stay at a lavish resort by Taj
What are the famous places to visit on Coorg tour?1. Honnamana Kere LakeConsidered to be the largest lake of Coorg, Honnamana Kere Lake is very popular for its historical as well as spiritual significance. Dedicated to Goddess Honnamana, the lake has a small temple located adjacent to it where the devotees can offer prayers to the goddess in the course of their visit. Attracting both religious seekers and nature lovers, this pristine lake is beautifully encircled with coffee plantations, man-made caves, and lofty hills.
Location: Honnamana Kere, Somwarpet, Coorg, Karnataka, 571201, India.Entry Fee: No entry feeTimings: From 8 AM to 6 PM, on all the days of the week.
2. Kopatty HillsConsidered among the least explored trekking destinations of the country, Kopatty Hills happens to be an offbeat tourist spot in Coorg. The relatively easy trails of the trek in this hill, propel even the novice and ammatuer trekkers to this place. The route of the trek passess through huge expanses of dense forests, serene streams, lush meadows, rolling grasslands, and coffee plantations.
Location: Kopatty Village, Coorg District, KarnatakaEntry Fee: No entry feeTimings: From 6 AM to 6 PM, on all days of the week
3. Honey ValleySpread across an area of around 56 acres, Honey Valley is a private resort that makes for an amazing trekking destination. This place is famous for the Nilakandi Falls, which is located at a trekking distance of around 45 minutes from Honey Valley. This waterfall forms a totally picturesque sight and lends the trekkers a great shower experience.
Location: PO, Yevakapadi, Karnataka 571212
4. Tadiandamol PeakPerched at an altitude of around 1748 meters above sea level, Tadiandamol happens to be Coorg’s loftiest mountain peak. Forming the state’s second loftiest peak, this place makes for an excellent trekking destination, which is suitable even for the beginners. It takes about 5 to 8 hours to cover the whole trek to finally reach Tadiandamol Peak for enjoying the unparalleled panoramic sight of the surrounding vistas.
Location: Madikeri Taluk, Kodagu District, KarnatakaEntry Fee: No entry feeTiming: 6 AM to 6 PM, on all days of the week
5. Namdroling MonasteryForming the biggest Tibetan Buddhism teaching centre, Namdroling Monastery is home to some outstanding elements of Tibetan art and architecture. Spread across 80 square feet of land, this monastery features an amazingly adorned temple tower with ornate exterior walls.
Constructed with bamboo provided by the Government of India, Namdroling Monastery shelters a number of auxiliary structures and is home to around 5,000 Sangha community members.
Location: Arlikumari, Bylakuppe, Karnataka 571104Entry Fee: No entry feeTiming: From 9 AM to 6 PM, throughout the week
6. MandalpattiOverlooking the lush green Pushpagiri forests, Mandalpatti happens to be a unique and beautiful vantage point of Coorg. Perched at an elevation of around 1800 meters, this place presents nature at its best. This spot is popular among the travelers for its stunning sunset and sunrise views and bird watching opportunities. Other activities that the visitors can enjoy in Mandalpatti are trekking and jeep riding.
Location: Near Madikeri, Coorg District, KarnatakaEntry Fee: No entry feeTiming: From 6 AM to 6 PM, throughout the week
7. SomwarpetSituated in the north-eastern section of Coorg, Somwarpet happens to be a beautiful quaint town, which is famous for various crop cultivation. Umpteen varieties of crops are grown here all through the year, including coffee, cardamom, ginger, and pepper.
This small town features a thin population of around 10,000 and the residents of this place generally speak Konkani, Kodava Takk, Beary Bashe, Tulu, Are Bashe, Hindi, and English. Somwarpet is also popular for its authentic Coorgi delicacies including Kadubittu, Akki Roti, and Pork Curry.
Location: Somwarpet Taluk, Coorg, KarnatakaEntry Fee: No entry feeTiming: Anytime
8. Pushpagiri Wildlife SanctuaryProposed to be a World Heritage site, Pushpagiri happens to be a beautiful wildlife sanctuary, sheltering a plethora of endangered and rare bird species. Sheltering the lofty Kumara Parvat peak, this place is adorned beautifully with Mallalli Falls and Kote Abbe Waterfall.
Featuring evergreen dense forests, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a number of interesting animals like Sambar deer, Civet Cat, and Flying Squirrel. Some of the exotic birds that can be witnessed here include Blue Flycatcher, Nilgiri Pigeon, and Grey Hornbill.
Location: Subramanya, Road, Kumarahalli, Karnataka 571236Entry Fee: INR 10 per headTiming: From 5.30 AM to 5 PM, on all days of the week
9. Abbey FallsCascading from an elevation of around 70 feet, Abbey Falls is an amazing scenic beauty. This beautiful waterfall is situated between coffee plantations and surrounded by coffee bushes as well as pepper vines. A bridge hanging on the opposite side of the waterfall allows tourists to stand here and marvel at the majestic falls with the water getting sprayed on their skin.
Location: Abbey Falls Rd, Hebbettageri, Karnataka 571201Entry Fee: INR 15 per headTimings: From 9.AM to 5 PM, throughout the week
What are the best things to do in Coorg?1. Spend a Day with Elephants at Dubare Elephant CampDubare Elephant Camp has a huge herd of well-trained and friendly animals. The unique adventure concept of this wildlife camp allows the visitors to play, take care, ride, bathe, and feed the elephants in the wilderness. Situated on the bank of a river, this place is perfect for a cool escape in summers for the wildlife enthusiast.
Location: Kushalnagar, Coorg District, NanjarayapatnaPrice: INR 670 per headTimings: From 9 AM to 11.AM and from 4.30 PM to 5.30 PM, on all days of the week.
2. Offer Prayers at Golden TempleCoorg happens to be the only destination in Southern India that has a typical Tibetan settlement and the Golden Temple is a beautiful example of the same. Also known popularly as the Namdroling Monastery, this place is visited by a plethora of tourists everyday. Visitors coming to this monastery marvel at the architecture of the shrine and seek blessings of the almighty.
Location: Arlikumari, P.O. BylakuppePrice: No feeTimings: From 9 AM to 6 PM, on all days of the week
3. Go on a Food Tour and Explore the Local FlavoursYou can take a food tour through Coorg and relish the typical local delicacies. The authentic and traditional Coorgi dishes are generally prepared using local ingredients such as rice-based products, meat, and forest produce. Some of the recommended delicacies to try during your food tour include Pandi Curry, Koovaleputtu, Nool Puttu, and Akki Rotti.
Location: Coorg, KarnatakaPrice: Depends on what you eatTiming: Anytime
4. Go Fishing at Kaveri RiverOriginating at Talacauvery, the Kaveri River happens to be brimming with aquatic life. This makes it the ideal destination for activities like fishing and angling. You can try your hands at fishing in this river and relish your catch of the day.
Location: Kaveri River, Coorg, KarnatakaPrice: Starts from INR 1500 onwardsTimings: Anytime of the day5. Enjoy Bird Watching at Pushpagiri Wildlife SanctuaryPacked with forested hills, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a host of endangered as well as rare species of birds. This makes the sanctuary a wonderful destination for sitting for hours and spotting totally unique winged creatures.
Location: Subramanya, Road, Kumarahalli, Karnataka 571236Price: INR 10 per headTimings: From 5.30 AM to 5 PM, on all days of the week6. Take a Holy Bath at TalacauveryKnown for its religious significance, Talacauvery propels a huge number of spiritual seekers to take a dip in its sacred waters. According to popular Hindu beliefs, a dip in the Cauvery’s common bath can wash all sins away and bring in positive energy.
Location: Brahmagiri Hills, Coorg District, Karnataka 571247Price: No feeTimings: Anytime of the day7. Enjoy Microlight Flying over the HillstationMicrolight flying can offer you the chance to fly around 1524 meters above ground level and witness the panoramic view of the surreal vistas of Coorg. The flight generally begins from Ponnampet region and proceeds southwards, soaring over the gushing Cavaury river and the lofty mountains.
Location: Coorg, KarnatakaPrice: Starts from INR 2,500 per head8. Tour a Coffee PlantationCoorg is counted among the largest coffee producers of the country and you can spot spice and coffee plantations throughout the region. You can take a tour through a coffee plantation to marvel at the beauty of the lush fields, pick some fresh coffee beans, and also learn about the coffee production process.
Location: Coorg, KarnatakaPrice: INR 200 per headTimings: No specific timing (Recommended timing is from 6 AM to 5 PM)
9. Experience Riverside and Jungle CampingDue to easy availability of a plethora of amazing campsites, camping has become a great activity to experience in Coorg. Camping under the vast dark, starry sky of the hill station can offer you a lifetime worth experience, allowing you the chance to catch a glimpse of the mesmerizing sunrise in the morning, after you wake up to scenic natural beauty.
Location: Coorg, KarnatakaPrice: Starts from INR 2,000 per head
10. Enjoy Wildlife Safari at Nagarhole National ParkAlso known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park, the Nagarhole National Park has umpteen varieties of wild fauna, making for the best place to experience wildlife safari in Coorg. Surrounded by the majestic Brahmagiri Mountains and contained inside the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, this place can take you close to Asian elephants and tigers and let you interact and take pictures with them during its wildlife safari.
Location: Mysore – Madikeri Road, Hunsur, Karnataka 571201Price: INR 400 to INR 1500 per headTimings: From 6 AM to 9 AM and from 2 PM to 5 PM, on all days of the week
What are the adventure things to do in Coorg?1. River RaftingRiver Rafting in the serene and popular Barapole River happens to be one of the most thrilling adventure activities to enjoy in Coorg. The river comprises 2 stretches - lower section and upper section - depending upon the difficulty level and water rapids. Barapole river even features Grade 3 and 4 water rapids, which is suitable for the seasoned rafter with increased adrenaline rush.
2. TrekkingWith so many amazing treks in the hill station, trekking is one of the most recommended adventure activities to try in Coorg. The trails of these treks pass through beautiful villages, lush grasslands, and lofty hills, offering the hikers spectacular views. Some of the suggested treks to try in Coorg are - the Tadiandamol Trek, Nishani Motte Trek, Pushpagiri Trek, Brahmagiri Hill Trek, and Kumara Parvatha Trek.
3. ZipliningThe hilly areas of Coorg offer ample opportunities to enjoy ziplining. This activity involves a strong cable that is tied properly between two lofty peaks. The participants need to traverse the distance with a harness along the cable. Regions like Madikeri and Kushalnagar are some of the areas where you can experience ziplining.
How to reach Coorg?Coorg is well-connected to the rest of the country by air, road, and rail.
By Air:The closest airport to Coorg is located in the city of Mangalore, at an approximate distance of around 135 kilometers away. Travelers can take a flight to Mangalore and then take a taxi to arrive at Coorg.
By Road:Coorg is conveniently connected to all the important cities of Karnataka by road. Travelers can easily drive or take a bus to Coorg from the cities such as Mangalore, Mysore, Hassan, and Bangalore.
By Rail:The closest railhead to Coorg is located in Mysore, at an approximate distance of around 120 kilometers away. Once the travelers take a train and reach Mysore Junction, they can easily get a taxi to arrive at Coorg.
What is the best time to visit Coorg?The most ideal time for visiting Coorg is from October to June.
Winters (November to February):The winter months are the perfect time for visiting coorg. During this time, the weather remains pleasant and comforting and is suitable for enjoying the warmth of a bonfire. Tourists can experience trekking, birdwatching, and wild safaris in Coorg during the winters.
Summers (March to May):Summer in the hill station brings soothing and cooling weather, which offers respite from the hot summer sun. During this time, the visitors can indulge in local sightseeing in the morning or evening, if they experience heat in the noon time.
Monsoons (June to October):During the Monsoons, the place gets covered with lush greenery and the valley blooms with fresh flora. Visitors traveling to Coorg at this time can enjoy water activities like canoeing, kayaking, and whitewater rafting. As this is an offseason, the travelers can enjoy budget accomodation and transportation costs.
How many days are enough to visit Coorg?You need at least 3 days to visit Coorg. During your 3 days trip to the hill station, you can cover all the major tourist destinations of the place without making your day too hectic.
Which is a better place to visit Coorg or Ooty?Coorg is a better option to pick if you want to enjoy a calmer and quieter environment with a broad spectrum of outdoor activities. Ooty can be a good place for you if you are seeking a more bustling and commercialized atmosphere.
Is Kodaikanal better than Ooty?Both the hill stations are unique in their own way and are bestowed with stunning natural beauty. Those who prefer higher altitudes can visit Ooty, lovingly known as ‘Queen of Hills’, to see its lakes, high peaks, heritage train network, and emerald-green meadows. Kodaikanal, situated at a lower altitude, is equally loved for its miles of forested covers teeming with wildlife, beautiful secluded lakes, and nature parks.
How far is Coorg from Bangalore?Coorg is located at an approximate distance of around 260 kilometers from the city of Bangalore. The most convenient and easy way of reaching Coorg from Bangalore is by taking a direct KSRTC bus (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation), which will take you around 6 hours to arrive at your destination.
What can I buy in Coorg?- Homegrown roasted coffee or beans- Infused teas- Spices like cardamom, cumin, vanilla, and pepper
- Homemade wines infused with flavours like ragi, pineapple, betel leaves, etc.
- Herbal oils like lemongrass, almon- Pork, chicken and fish pickles- Coconut shell artefacts- Traditional Kodava silks & jewellery- Tibetan jewellery and Thangka paintings
Which language do they speak in Coorg?The official and primary language used by the locals of Coorg is Kannada. The regional dialect of the place is called “Kodava”. However, most of the people living in Coorg also communicate in other Indian languages such as Malayalam, Konkani, Hindi, and English.
Which is the nearest railway station to Coorg?The nearest railway station to Coorg is in Mysore, at an approximate distance of around 120 kilometers from Coorg district. It generally takes near about 2 hours and 35 minutes to reach Coorg by taking a train from the Mysore Junction railhead.
Is a 2-day trip to Coorg enough?Yes, a 2 days trip to Coorg is enough to cover the popular and most important tourist spots of the hill station. Many travelers from nearby places like Bangalore and Mysore enjoy taking short weekend tours to Coorg throughout the year.
Is Coorg cheaper than Ooty?Coorg is cheaper in comparison to Ooty as it is not much commercialized or explored. During the off-seasons the place is even cheaper when it comes to accommodation, food, and local transportation.
Which are the best Wildlife Sanctuaries In Coorg?1. Brahmagiri Wildlife SanctuaryFounded back in the year 1974, Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary is spread across 180 square kilometers of land. Surrounded by coffee and cardamom plantations, the sanctuary has 2 reserve forests, Urty and Brahmagiri, with the Barapole river flowing between both of them.
This wildlife sanctuary shelters around 240 bird species along with many endangered fauna species. Some of the common animals you can spot here include Barking Deer, Nilgiri Marten, Sambar, Malabar Giant Squirrel, and Lion-tailed Macaque. One can also find rich flora species in this sanctuary including Emblica Officinalis, bauhinia purpurea, Terminalia tomentosa, and Anogeissus Latifolia.
2. Pushpagiri Wildlife SanctuarySituated in Coorg’s Somwarpet Taluk, Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary extends over a huge area of around 102 kilometers. The sanctuary is home to umpteen varieties of rare and endangered bird species, which makes it a popular spot for bird watching.
Some of the important birds that can be spotted very easily here include Grey-breasted laughingthrush, Nilgiri wood pigeon, grey-headed bulbul, Nilgiri Flycatcher, Orange and black flycatcher, and white-bellied blue flycatcher. Apart from birds, various birds, other animals that can be found in Pushpagiri Wildlife Sanctuary include Stripe-necked Mongoose, Travancore Flying Squirrel, Wild Pig, Muntjac, and Spotted Deer.
3. Nagarhole National ParkAlso known as Rajiv Gandhi National Park, the popular Nagarhole National Park happens to be a section of Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve. Packed with sandalwood and teak trees, the national park stands against the majestic Brahmagiri Mountains and spreads over a huge area of around 643 square kilometers.
Nagarhole National Park is home to a multitude of fauna species including Asian Elephants, Four-Horned Antelope, Rock Python, Marsh Crocodiles, Monitor Lizards, Hyena, and Leopards.
4 Dubare Elephant CampOnce serving as an elephant training site, Dubare Elephant Camp provides its visitors a totally unique adventure by letting them live on-site with trained elephants. At the present day, this site is owned privately and makes for a suitable destination for learning about different aspects about the elephants including their history, biology, and ecology.
In addition to elephants, the visitors can also spot umpteen varieties of bird species here including woodpeckers, partridges, peacocks, and kingfishers.
What are the best things to do in Coorg ranging between Rs 300 to Rs 3000?
Popularly known as the Scotland of India, there are several things to do in Coorg as diverse as your imagination can get. Click here to explore the complete list of all activities awaiting for you starting from Rs.370/-
1. Coorg Coffee Plantation Tour at Rs. 599/-
2. Coorg River Rafting Experience at Rs. 1200/-
3. Tadiandamol Trek 2019, Coorg at Rs. 3050/-
4. Coorg Camping Experience Rs. 1650/-
5. Full-Day Sightseeing Tour Of Kushalnagar at Rs. 370/-
6. Sunset Jeep Drive At Mandalpatti at Rs. 750/-
Which are the best camping tours in Coorg starting from Rs 1500?
Looking for something unique? Well, Coorg camping is just for you then. Book the best camping package for yourself at best deals and offers starting from Rs.1500/- Only!
1. Coorg Camping Experience at Rs.1650/-
2. Wild Monsoon Adventure Series Camping at Rs. 3985/-
3. Nature Camping Experience In Coorg at Rs. 1500/-
4. Riverside Camping In Coorg, With Rafting at Rs.2100/-
5. Camping In Coorg with stargazing at Rs. 1820/-
What are the best Selling homestays in Coorg starting from 1700 only?Situated in the midst of musical mountains in Karnataka with a never-ending dim scene, Coorg is the place to be for all nature lovers. Click here to see the list of best selling homestays in Coorg.
1. Homestay in Coffee Estate - starting INR @ 3500
2. Holiday Homestay in Coorg - starting INR @ 1700
3. Stay in Luxurious Nature Homestay- starting INR @ 1800
4. Hilltop Heritage Homestay - starting INR @ 3000
5. Stay at The Foothills Of Brahmagiri - starting INR @ 2250
6. Lake View Homestay - starting INR @ 2250
What are the best resorts to stay in Coorg?1. Ambatty Green Resorts: Surrounded by lush rolling hills, Ambatty Green Resorts offers the perfect blend of luxury and leisure. Offering well-appointed superior and deluxe rooms, this resort is recommended for honeymooners and family vacationers.
2. Taj Vivanta Resort: Set amidst a lush rainforest and spanning across an area of around 180 acres, Taj Vivanta Resort is known to offer a lavish stay in Coorg. The property is packed with all kinds of modern amenities including a fitness center and a swimming pool.
3. Magnolia Estates: Designed in the typical South Indian architectural style, Magnolia Estates is perched amidst a breathtaking coffee plantation. This resort offers you complete serenity, mesmerizing hill views, and sweet chirpings of colorful birds during your stay here.
4. Silver Oaks Resort: Enclosed within a green surrounding, Silver Oaks Resort is known for its peaceful location and courteous staff. They also arrange jungle trekking tours and other adventure activities on demand.
Which are the best treks in Coorg offering Upto 25% Off?
Trekking places in Coorg is gaining importance with every proceeding day as nature trails extend an excellent combination of thrill and beauty. Click here to see the entire list of best treks in Coorg at best price guarantee.
1. Kottabetta Trek In Coorg at Flat 8% Off
2. Trek To Kopatty in Coorg at Flat 7% Off
3. Tadiandamol Trek in Coorg at Flat 25% Off
4. Nishani Motte Trek In Coorg | Book @ Flat 10% Off
5. Kumara Parvatha Trek in Coorg at Flat 19% Off
Is there any public transportation available from Bangalore to Coorg?
Yes, there is public transportation available from Bangalore to Coorg. The two most prominent ones are Buses and Trains. The nearest railway station is Mysore. The distance between Bangalore and Mysore is 100 kilometers by rail.
There are more than 20 trains between Mysore and Bangalore. Some of them run daily, some on alternate days and others run on specific days. After reaching Mysore, one needs to cover the rest of the distance by bus or taxi.
The bus service is considered the best public transportation on this route. The bus takes 6 to 7 hours and drops you safely at the destination. There are many bus operators, KSRTC is one which operates daily services.
They provide air conditioned and non-air conditioned buses with sleeper and seater options. The rate and facilities will vary as per choice.
What sort of climate can I find in Coorg?
Coorg is chilly in the winters. In the months from December to February, the temperatures fall below 20 degrees Celsius. In summers, the temperature exceeds 35 degree Celsius during daytime.
However, since Coorg is located near the Western Ghats, the night is cool in this season. It also experiences heavy rain in monsoon.You can visit many places in Coorg in winters as season is pleasant at this time.
What things should one carry for a trip to Coorg?
The mantra while packing should be pack less and carry light. One can take a few pairs of light and comfortable cotton clothes with a jacket for a perfect tour to Coorg.
Sports shoes are ideal footwear, especially if one plans to trek. Do keep an umbrella with you and any medical requirements.
What is Coorg famous for?Coorg is famous for more than one thing. Some of the top treasures of the hill station that have made it so popular are its lush coffee plantations, delicious Coorgi cuisine, meandering trekking trails, beautiful wildlife sanctuaries, and luxurious holiday resorts.
How much will it cost for a trip to Coorg?The cost of a 3 days and 4 nights package to Coorg will cost you in the range of INR 12000 to INR 20000. This pricing from Thrillophilia includes your stay in Coorg and all pick up and drops. Taking these tours from Thrillophilia, you will be able to cover some of the important tourist places of Coorg as well as take part in some adventure activities.
How is Nagarhole Wildlife Safari tour in Coorg? How much is the cost forthe safari?
Nagarhole Wildlife sanctuary can be best seen and experienced with a Safari. It is perhaps the best way to see the animals in their natural habitat. The Jeep Safaris are provided by various resorts.
The cost of each safari is affordable and the best part is that it gives value for money. The Safaris start from 2000 INR.
Can we stay in homestays in Coorg? Is it safe?
There are many homestays in Coorg and visitors can easily book these homestays. The homestays offer a comfortable stay to the guests and they are safe.
While most of the homestays are safe, but, one should always stay attentive about the surroundings to ensure complete safety.
Which coffee plantations stays are famous in Coorg? How much will be the average cost of stay?
Coorg popularly known as the "Coffee Capital of India" has many homestays and resorts built in the midst of coffee plantations. It is one of a kind of experience and one must take this opportunity while in Coorg.
The average cost of a coffee plantation stay in Coorg per night is between INR 3000 - 5000. The premium coffee plantation stays are a little more expensive than this.
The top coffee plantation stays in Coorg include:
- The Kadkani Riverside Resort
- Misty Woods
- Old Kent State
- Coorg Jungle Camp
- Java Hill Estate
- Kaveri Estate
- Coorg Cliff Resort
- The Windflower Coorg
- PN Heritage
- Chilipili Estate Homestay
Where can we do rafting in Coorg? Is it safe to go for river rafting in Coorg?
One can indulge in white water river rafting in Coorg on the Barapole river. The roaring currents of the river make the rafting experience thrilling and worth cherishing.
Most of the rafting trips begin at Barapole, and the place is also known as Kithu Kakathu River. One can participate in a river rafting activity between 9 am - 3 pm.
While the rafting trip organizers take complete care of the safety of the participants, it is important that the participants also take the briefing seriously before beginning the expedition to ensure complete safety.
Overall, it's a safe adventure and anyone between the age of 14 - 60 and who do not suffer any pressure or heart problem can participate in it.
Which waterfalls are famous in Coorg? Can we go for a jeep safari to these waterfalls?
Endowed with the mystic hills and beautiful waterfalls, Coorg is rightly regarded as the "Scotland of the East". There are many waterfalls which you can visit here, which not only look spectacular but also are one of the most romantic getaways of this hill station.
Some of the most gorgeous waterfalls of Coorg include:
- Abbey Falls
- Iruppu Falls
- Mallalli Falls
- Burude Falls
- Chelavara Falls
Yes, you can take a jeep safari to visit the waterfalls and enjoy your trip to the fullest.
Which temples are a must visit in Coorg?
Coorg is rich in culture and tradition and has beautiful temples with a rich history. The must-visit temples in Coorg include:
- Sri Omkareshwara Temple located in Madikeri
- Bhagamandala Temple, Kodagu
- Shri Shringeri Shankar Math
- Namdroling Nyingmapa Tibetan Monastery or the Golden Temple
How much time does it take to do the Tadiandamol trek? Is it a difficult trek?
The Tadiandamol trek is one of the most beautiful treks in Karnataka, and it takes you to an elevation of 5740 ft. It takes about one day to reach the place, as it is a 15 km long trek.
While it's not difficult to do, it involves a lot of walking and ascends. One needs to bephysically fit to complete this trek.
Can we go for Nishani Motte trek? How much is the cost of tour?
One of the lesser-known yet pristine and incredibly beautiful treks in the Coorg is Nishani Motte Trek. It’s an approximately 15 km long trek and the packages start from INR 3500 per person and depending on the inclusions the cost may vary.
But, you can easily find a trekking package for lower rates like INR 2500 - 3000.
Is Coorg a good honeymoon destination?
Yes, Coorg is an ideal honeymoon destination and there are many ways in which a sweet couple can spend the first few days of their married life here. Right from the weather to the immaculate natural beauty, everything makes the atmosphere completely romantic.
There are many best places in Coorg for honeymoon like colossal mountains, the whimsical waterfalls, the aromatic coffee plantations, beautiful gardens and spectacular wildlife safaris can make your honeymoon immensely memorable.
Also, the Ayurvedic spas for couples spas are one of the experiences that you will cherish for a long time.
Can we do a tour of Coorg in 2 days?
Considering the tourist attractions in Coorg, 2 days is a very short time to visit the place. However, if you want for a weekend tour, and don't have much time, you can still enjoy your visit to Coorg.
By limiting the places that you will see, you can have a nice weekend getaway or a short two day trip in Coorg. Though you might not be able to visit everything, you can visit the top tourist spots in the place.
Read More: Places to visit in Coorg in 2 days
How is the Brahmagiri trek? Is it difficult or easy trek?
The Brahmagiri peak trek, one of the popular trekking destinations in Coorg is located in the Brahmagiri Wildlife Sanctuary, and the trek is relatively shorter as compared to other treks in Coorg.
The distance to the peak is 6 km on one side, this means the total distance one needs to cover is 12 Km. It is considered as an easy to moderate trek, and many people can do it.
The trail is immensely beautiful and the tranquil atmosphere will completely rejuvenate you.
If I had 3 days to stay in Coorg, what are the places that I must visit?
If you have just three days in Coorg, then here are the places to visit in Coorg that you must not miss on these days:
- A visit to the beautiful and aromatic coffee plantations where you can have freshly brewed coffee.
- Visit Abbey waterfalls
- Trek to the Bhramagiri peak and a visit to Bhramagiri Wildlife Sanctuary
- A visit to the Dubare Elephant Camp
- Visit to Iruppu Falls where the river Lakhsmana Tirtha takes a 60 feet plunge
- A visit to the Nagarhole National Park
- An Ayurvedic spa to rejuvenate yourself
- Take a micro flight and experience river rafting
- Visit Bylakuppe to witness the rich Tibetan culture
How is Coorg as a family holiday destination?
Coorg is a perfect family destination, and there are many places where you can enjoy with your kids. The Dubare Elephant Camp and the wildlife safaris will give your kids a perfect adventure. Most of the kids love animals and these places will give you a close encounter with them.
Also, the waterfalls and the jeep safari are something that you can thoroughly enjoy with your kids. The other family activities include a visit to Bylakuppe, which is one of the Tibetan settlements. Here you can explore the Tibetan culture.
Know More: Places to visit in Coorg in one day
Is it worth visiting Dubare Elephant camp and Bylakuppe?
Yes, both the places are worth visiting, and are one of a kind.
The Dubare Elephant Camp allows you to closely watch the elephants and know about them. There are about 150 elephants in the camp, and the visitors can watch the elephants getting bathed and trained by Mahouts.
Apart from this, one can also take a coracle ride on the Kaveri River in Dubare Elephant Camp while spotting peacocks, sloth bears, wild dogs, gaur and even a crocodile.
The Bylakuppe is also one of the most visited spots in Coorg that gives you an opportunity to witness the biggest Tibetan settlement in India. The Golden temple, also known as Namdroling Monastery exhibits the typical Tibetan style architecture and lets you explore the Tibetan culture.