Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Pick-Up & Drop
This visit added the perfect touch to our vacation, as we got to visit and witness the local crafts of Jodhpur. The Thrillophilia team was amazing with...
I bought some pretty carpets from Salawas on this tour. Met smiling people, Bishnoi families are just so welcoming. They made me try my hands at potter...
Trip Location: Jodhpur
Jodhpur refers to a major visitor point that is based in Rajasthan and regarded as the 'Blue City' due to the mesmerizing charm of blue houses and structures that one gets to witness when in Jodhpur. Jodhpur constitutes a series of creative village habitations that are a must to explore if you wish to traverse through the true Rajasthani art and cultural composition.
About the Bishnoi Village Safari:
The Bishnoi Village Safari Jodhpur brings you the opportunity to explore the prominent village spots in Jodhpur. With this trip, you come across the village culture of Rajasthan and understand the lifestyle of people who live in a traditional way with their families. Besides, you get to encounter their working process and understand how they earn their living on a regular basis.
The Bishnoi Village Safari package in Jodhpur lets you experience a convenient village safari journey with the help of comfortable transportation in a jeep. The Bishnoi is inclusive of all fuel charges that occur during the activity period. In order to enhance your experience, the package also lets you savour on Rajasthani lunch meal along with the provision of mineral water.
The Bishnoi Village Safari Jodhpur package also ensures optimum delight by providing you with convenient pick-up and drop off from Jodhpur. Besides, you shall be accompanied by an experienced and professional guide who would make your journey even more joyous with supportive efforts.
Places covered during Bishnoi Village Safari Jodhpur:
1. Shepherds Village: The Shepherds Village lets you come across a habitation which consists of shepherds and their families who stay in the location in harmony. You get to witness the lifestyle of shepherds who live traditionally and work with animals like goat, ship, camel, etc.
2. Gudha village: The village named as Gudha village lets witness the wildlife scenario of the location & interact with Bishnoi families. You get to watch the diverse set of wild animals along with the many species of desert animals. With interacting with the Bishnoi families you shall be able to develop an emotional connect with the village people and their living conditions.
On your way from Gudha village towards the next destinations, you shall grasp the rare views of a wide variety of wild animals who reside in the spots that come on your way. It would be a once in a lifetime experience on your part to watch the animals wander along the path in groups.
3. Weavers village: The Weavers village is regarded as the land of magic carpets where the local people meet the desires of the customers with keeping alive the famous tradition of the location which is the durry (Rugs). The durry (Rugs) implies the material weathered out of cotton or wool that spreads the colourful tradition, reflecting the primitive form of weaving in the villages of Rajasthan.
4. Potter’s Village: The Potter's Village is prominent for pottery work where you can watch people work on pottery and also try hands with them to create beautiful pieces. You shall be able to gather proper demonstration of the pottery making and also interact with the local people and achieve an informative conversation.
5. Kankani (Block Printers Village): The Block printers village is a must spot to visit if you are on a village safari in Jodhpur. You get to encounter the location where you shall gather the knowledge of people doing handprints by fabrics.
Timings of Bishnoi Village Safari:
The package comes with convenient time slots.
Morning Slot- 8:00AM
Evening Slot- 2:00PM
The minimum number of people required to book this package is 2.
Get picked up from your hotel or place of your stay in Jodhpur city.
You shall get to explore the Shepherds Village at the initial point.
Later you can continue the tour by visiting Gudha village and interact with the local Bishnoi families.
On your way from Gudha village towards the next destinations, you catch the rare views of a wide variety of wild animals.
Next, you will move to Weavers village which is known as the land of magic carpets. Watch the making of the durry or rugs out of cotton or wool by visiting the famous Roop Raj Durry Udyog. They are one of the best rugs manufacturers in the city. Also, you can visit the weaver families residing in the area.
Proceed with visiting the Potters village. You can also try making some pots with the help of the locals.
Next, visit the Block Printers Village and gather the knowledge of people doing handprints by fabrics.
Wind up the village safari after that.
Write Your Story
Rated : 5.0
This visit added the perfect touch to our vacation, as we got to visit and witness the local crafts of Jodhpur. The Thrillophilia team was amazing with arranging the pick and drop, and the guide was great at explaining things to us!
Rated : 5.0
I bought some pretty carpets from Salawas on this tour. Met smiling people, Bishnoi families are just so welcoming. They made me try my hands at pottery. It was a very different experience for me.
Rated : 5.0
Bishnoi village is the epitome of authenticity, rural bliss and environmentally responsible practice of living. Enjoyed my time here!
Rated : 4.0
This was a short and sweet tour that was cost-effective and definitely worth the money! It was a great opportunity for our kids, and us as well, to learn about the various local crafts of Jodhpur, and to also taste some authentic Rajasthani thalis, that had such delicious local flavour! Another thing that I really liked was that the package included the pick up and drop off, making the entire experience so easy for us.
Rated : 4.0
I always wanted to explore the local culture of Rajasthan and staying at a Bishnoi was just the best thing I could have done. The food served to us was very good, just a little spicy for our taste buds. In all, a great tour to enjoy an escape from monotonous activities.
Rated : 4.0
If you find yourself in Jodhpur, try this tour with Thrillophilia. It is definitely worth the time and the money!
The places that are included in the Bishnoi Village Safari tour are
- Shepherds Village: At the Shepherds Village you can enjoy visually seeing the habitation of shepherds and their families. The people are believed to live in unity and harmony. During your visit, you can learn about the lifestyle of shepherds who have a traditional lifestyle while working with animals like ship, goat, camel and much more.
- Gudha Village: At the Gudha village you can witness a wildlife scenario and also interact with the local Bishnoi families. On learning about the lifestyle of the villagers you might develop an emotional connection with them and their living conditions. Moreover, the place also offers a great view of the diverse group of wild and desert animals. With interacting with the Bishnoi families you shall be able to develop an emotional connect with the village people and their living conditions.
- Weavers Village: Considered as the land of magic, the people of the Weavers village are responsible to meet the need of their customers for rugs. They ensure to maintain the famous tradition of making durry (Rugs) which is weathered out of cotton or wool. It reflects the primitive form of weaving in the villages of Rajasthan along with colourful tradition.
- Potter’s Village: Prominently known for pottery, the Potter's Village is a place where you can watch people making love pottery. On visiting the place you can also try dirtying your hands to create beautiful pieces. On talking to the local people, you will learn the basics of the art of pottery making.
- Kankani (Block Printers Village): During your village safari in Jodhpur, the Block printers village is a must spot. On visiting this village and talking to the local villagers, you can get some basic knowledge of making handprints by fabrics.
The estimated time to complete a Bishnoi Village Safari is around 5 hours. There are two slots for the safari: Morning slot at 8 AM and Evening slot at 2 PM. During these 5 hours, you will cover places like Shepherds Village, Gudha Village, Weavers Village, Potter’s Village and Kankani (Block Printers Village).
The best time to go for Bishnoi Village Safari jodhpur is during the winter season which falls between the month of October to March. During this time, the village is cool and also allows you to enjoy viewing migratory birds. You can also enjoy camel safari during this season.
The Bishnoi Village Safari cost starts from 1199 INR per adult on booking from Thrillophilia. At this cost, the safari package includes delicious meals, pick-up and drop from hotel and transport in jeep along with the safari.
The things included in guda Bishnoi Village Safari tour are
- Meals: The meals that you can enjoy during your tour is a delicious lunch meal. You are also provided with mineral water to quench your thirst during the trip.
- Transport: The transport facility provided in the package includes pick-up and drop from your place of stay or hotel in Jodhpur. The transport is provided in a jeep which also includes the fuel in the package.
- Driver cum Guide: In this package, you will be provided with an experienced and professional driver cum guide. The guide will ensure that you have a comfortable ride without any kind of communication gap. You will be provided appropriate information about various facts by the guide during your tour.
- Activity: The activity included in the package is a safari that will take you through five villages: Shepherds Village, Gudha Village, Weavers Village, Potter’s Village and Kankani (Block Printers Village).
The things that you should carry while being on Bishnoi Village Safari are
- Comfortable shoes
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothes
- Warm clothes in case you travel during the winter season
The best time to visit Jodhpur is between the months of November to February. At this time, the weather is good and pleasant. However, it is advised that you avoid visiting the place between April to September as the temperatures are high.
Bishnoi village is around 22 km away from Jodhpur. You can reach the place through a private or shared cab.
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.