Mahabaleshwar Honeymoon Packages
Browse through a wide range of Mahabaleshwar honeymoon tour packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Mahabaleshwar romantic honeymoon packages with exciting deals & offers.
If you thought honeymoons were all about travelling abroad, take a look at Mahabaleshwar honeymoon packages, in our very own India, and you will probably change your mind! In spite of being a small town, within Maharashtra, this inviting hill station has so much to offer that a short stay here simply isn’t enough!
There are forts to trek, points to relax while soaking in the panoramic views, lakesides to enjoy at, and delicious food to eat. If you plan on a honeymoon in Mahabaleshwar, you can compare the many Mahabaleshwar honeymoon tours on our platform, and take your pick. Most of these packages are inclusive of accommodation, food and sightseeing, while travelling to tourist spots outside Mahabaleshwar and shopping in the town are add-ons that need to be separately accounted for.
Most packages will include sights like the alluring Venna Lake, the ancient Pratapgarh, the Mapro Gardens and Farms, and the Echo Point, among others. The tours also offer a whole lot to do in the town, like boating, camping, trekking, taking a dip at the falls, horse riding and much more! Whilst here, you can also enjoy your stay at beautiful resorts, equipped with spas, gyms and bars and make the most of a splendid stay.
People Also Ask About Honeymoon in Mahabaleshwar
What are the places to visit in Mahabaleshwar during honeymoon?
1. Elephant Head Point: Deriving its name from the rock formations that resemble an elephant’s head and trunk, the Elephant’s Point is one of the most picturesque and peaceful venues of Mahabaleshwar. The shades of green here are enticing and the location emanates positive vibes as you spot friends, families, and loved ones breathing in the natural beauty and picnicking at the spot.
Being a hotspot for tourists from near and far, the locals have now decided to convert the remnants of a nearby, British-era hotel into a picnic shed. So make sure you carry along with a few goodies and spend a memorable time here with your loved one.
2. Echo Point: One of the most popular spots of Mahabaleshwar, Echo Point is among the six points that you can witness from Arthur’s Seat. It is also called Kate’s Point, named after Kate, the daughter of Sir James Malcolm, an authority during the British Raj.
You can sit atop the point and express your love out loud for your partner. Your love shall reverberate through the mountains around, justifying why this point, overlooking the dams and valleys of the town, is a favourite among tourists.
3. Pratapgarh: At an elevation of 3500 feet above ground level, Pratapgadh, which literally translates to ‘Valour Fort’ stands tall and mighty. The fort is home to the Statue of Shivaji Maharaja and the Bhawani Temple, an epitome of serenity and spirituality.
There is also a cultural library depicting the heritage of the fort, an ancient watchtower, and four lakes within that often overflow during the monsoons, adding to the beauty of the place. Make sure you trek up to the temple at the fort’s peak and seek blessings for a life of togetherness.
4. Lingamala Falls: If you and your partner are nature lovers, the Lingamala Falls is a must-visit! The falls lie beyond a walk through the dense forests and the gushing waters are a sheer delight to witness. The enthralling beauty of the falls makes for a great spot for a photoshoot.
Make sure you head here during the monsoons, because after the rains, although the falls are mightier and prettier, owing to these very reasons they are also pretty dangerous.
5. Sunset Point: If you have heard of Mahabaleshwar, you have probably heard of Sunset Point too! Most Mahabaleshwar honeymoon packages will include a trip to this popular spot. The location is almost synonymous with the hill-station and is popularly also referred to as Mumbai Point, as it lies on the old Mumbai-Mahabaleshwar route.
One of the oldest points in the town, Sunset Point offers a striking view of the valleys of Mahabaleshwar with the gorgeous sun setting gently. This tourist spot offers a couple of activities and you will also spot a Lover’s Point in close proximity. Could it be more romantic?! We don’t think so!
6.Tapola: Often referred to as Mini Kashmir, Tapola stays true to its name, offering unparalleled beauty as it lies in the quaint valley of Mahabaleshwar. There is so much to do here! Camping, trekking, boating, adventure sports, you name it and Tapola has it all.
All of this coupled with panoramic views of dense forests, clear lakes, and grand forts makes for an ideal venue to sit hand-in-hand with your partner as time stands still and all that’s around is an unmatched experience of tranquil beauty, amidst the bustling city life.
7. Babington Point: If you’re on a honeymoon in Mahabaleshwar, do not return without visiting the infamous Babington Point. Situated 1200 metres above sea level, Babington Point is well-known for the enchanting views of the Chinaman Falls and the scenic Koyna and Solshi Valleys it offers.
The path leading to the point meanders with lush greenery on either side and promises a romantic walk. You’ll spot numerous species of birds perched atop the trees and vibrant plants, which is what Babington is really popular for. Make sure you visit this spot in the monsoons when the mist and clouds add a mystical charm to the location.
8. Connaught Peak: Being the second highest peak in Mahabaleshwar, at an elevation of 1400 metres above sea level, Connaught Peak is one of the most popular spots flocked by tourists from all over. This point is well known for its enticing view of the Venna Lake, Forts Rajgadh and Kamalgadh, as well as the Krishna Valley.
Originally called Mount Olympia, the peak was renamed during the British Era when the Duke of Connaught paid it a visit and was mesmerised by the beauty, thereby deciding to rename it. The point is flanked by Panchgani to the east and Pratapgadh to the west.
9. Mapro Farms: No trip to Mahabaleshwar is complete without a visit to the Mapro Farms. Most Mahabaleshwar honeymoon packages recommend this at the top of the list! While you’re probably aware of just how heavenly the Strawberry Cream is here, the abundant beauty of the strawberry plantation is what one should certainly look forward to. You’re literally surrounded by the colour of love!
Jams, ice-creams, preserves, syrups, squashes, there is such a plethora of berry delights to choose from that you’re bound to be lost for choice! If you happen to be here in March, don’t miss out on the annual Strawberry Festival, where you can return with bags full of berries and joyful memories!
10. Venna Lake: Built-in 1942 by a descendant of Shivaji Maharaj, with the intention of providing the locals with potable water, the beauty of Venna Lake speaks for itself. Flowing gently over 28 acres, the lake makes its way amidst long grasses and trees.
Once here, you’ll find shikaras and boats to ride in, go horse-riding, shop at the market area nearby or dine at the many multi-cuisine restaurants, with scenic views of the crystal-clear lake. You can also choose to relax and enjoy a short picnic with your partner at the Chhatrapati Pratapsinh Garden situated along the banks of the lake.
What are the things to do in Mahabaleshwar on honeymoon?
1. Ride the Waves and the Horses at Venna Lake: When you’re in the midst of nature aka Mahabaleshwar, there’s no dearth of activities! To begin with, choose a private boat or shikhara on the Venna Lake and go for a peaceful ride with your partner on the soft-as-silk waters, admiring nature’s bounty.
The numerous boats add pops of colour to the calm waters. If you and your partner are up for some adventure, the area around Venna Lake also offers horse riding. Don’t miss out on the restaurants around for a delicious meal-for-two after a romantic ride. Hop on for some fun and unique memories!
2. Witness the Sunset at Bombay Point: Is there anything better than admiring the vibrant hues of the sky with your loved one by your side? We certainly don’t think so! Probably all the Mahabaleshwar honeymoon tours out there would recommend this spot, too. Mahabaleshwar’s Sunset point is just that.
Also called Bombay Point, owing to the fact that it is situated on the old Mumbai-Mahabaleshwar route, watching the bright hues of gold and orange blend into the soft blues of the sky, lending to it a perfectly pink-purple tinge, is one of the most magnificent experiences you’ll enjoy whilst here.
3. Go Strawberry and Mulberry picking with your Partner: Is your trip to Mahabaleshwar even complete if you don’t bite into some delicious, sweet berries? Head to Lakshmi Strawberry Farms with your partner to get a taste of true love; berries!
Pick from the range of strawberries, blueberries, mulberries and gooseberries, the freshness and flavours of which, cannot be compared to the products you’ll find in the marketplace. The joy of picking out each berry personally with your partner is also an experience you’ll never forget. Trust us, its a ‘berry berry’ fun activity while on your honeymoon in Mahabaleshwar!
4. Take a Dip at the Lingmala Falls: Guess what’s better than getting drenched in the monsoons? Willingly rushing to a waterfall and enjoying a rejuvenating dip with your loved one as the waters of the falls continue cascading down on you, literally showering you with love! While in Mahabaleshwar on your honeymoon, head to the Lingamala Falls, 6 km from Mahabaleshwar to enjoy this breathtaking experience, in the lap of nature!
5. Pray for everlasting love at Mahabaleshwar Temple: The Mahabaleshwar Temple is well known for its pure, pristine and positive atmosphere that leaves you at peace. Legend has it that this architectural beauty was home to Lord Shiva, who resided there every night.
Make sure you pay this heritage structure a visit with your partner, to pray for peace, prosperity and a life of togetherness. A majority of Mahabaleshwar honeymoon packages recommend this spot, too!
6. Go Birdwatching at Babington Point: Flora, fauna, peace and paradise, all in one, make up what’s called the Babington Point. This point, especially during the monsoons, stands out in all its glory offering the best of nature’s abundant beauty.
Take a romantic walk through the wilderness and stop by to admire some vibrant plants, vivid species of birds hopping from tree to tree, and sprawling lush greenery, the captivating beauty of which is definitely worth capturing on camera. This is where time stands still. But when on a honeymoon, deadlines don’t matter anyway!
7. Feel on Top of the World at Arthur’s Seat: Mostly well-known for the Echo Point, Arthur’s Seat has five more points, namely the Hunter Point, Tiger Spring Point, Window Point, Malcom Point, and Arthur’s Seat Point. It is for this very reason that this location is also called the Queen of Points. The seat offers a view of the Savitri Valley and River to the left and lush greenery to the right.
From the seat, one can also see a host of forts and other points, amidst the mountains, right opposite. A lesser-known fact is that light objects thrown from this point, into the valley, tend to float due to the air pressure. Visit this spot to experience a tranquil sunrise with your partner, as you feel on top of the world!
8. Stroll through Mahabaleshwar’s Markets: When in Mahabaleshwar, stop by for some souvenirs. Apart from the usual strawberries, mulberries and gooseberries here, pick from some farm-fresh juicy carrots and baby radishes. You will also find intricately carved wooden items, leather footwear, cane baskets, syrups, marmalades and sweets made from real fruits. You can also bring back some creamy cheese spreads, fresh spices like turmeric, and pure honey to sweeten up your honeymoon a tad bit more ;)
9. Trekking and Stargazing at Tapola: If you’re looking for Mahabaleshwar honeymoon packages offering something unique, how about pitching a tent, lying down next to your partner, gazing at the night sky, the twinkling stars and the celestial beauty? Sounds like a plan truly made in heaven, doesn’t it!
Live it at Tapola, often called Mini Kashmir for its subtle, natural beauty! Trek up to this rustic spot and choose to spend a night under the stars, waking up to mist and the chirping of birds. If you want to spend some more time at this beautiful spot, which is very likely, indulge in some water-sports like kayaking and motorboat rides for an adrenaline rush.
10. Go-Karting with your Partner: Whoever said amusement parks were only for kids? Velocity Entertainmentz in Mahabaleshwar will prove you wrong! The venue has a Go-Karting track on a mountain, a one-of-its-kind track in India. Built amidst nature, this is a beautiful location to enjoy a day out with your partner, giving each other some tough competition as you blaze down the mountain and indulge in some thrill!
Apart from that, you can also enjoy zip-lining, ATV Biking and more, that’ll put your skills and strength to test. It might sound childish at first, but keeping the child within, alive, is the secret to happiness.
What are the best things to do in Mahabaleshwar at night for couples?
Things to do in Mahabaleshwar at night for couples include:
1. Dinner Date at Angaare: The most famous food joint of Mahabaleshwar, serving multi-cuisine food with loads of beautiful sceneries, Angaare is the best place to take your partner for a romantic date night.
2. Visit Venna Lake: Famous for boating and feeding the fishes, this beautiful sparkling lake gets its charm in the night, when the water reflects the light from the twinkling stars. Surrounded by various benches and pathways, one can easily spend some leisure time here.
3. Marvel at the Beauty of Panch Ganga Temple: The stunning beauty of this temple can be seen as the night takes effect and brightens its beautiful architecture. The pure, serene and the tranquil ambience of this temple has lured many Shiva lovers towards it.
4. Watch the Sunset from Willson Point: Apart from offering a sight of the beautiful sky at the time of sunset, this place also lets you experience the panoramic view of the whole town from the top, making it a must-add place in the Mahabaleshwar honeymoon package.
How to reach Mahabaleshwar?
- By Air: The closed airport around Mahabaleshwar is the Pune Airport where one can reach from any corner of the world by just boarding a flight. From here, Mahabaleshwar is just 131 KM, and one can easily cover this distance by boarding a bus or a taxi.
- By Train: Since this town does not have a train station of its own, thus one needs to reach Pune first, and from here one can take a train towards Wathar Railway station. From here, a journey of 60 KM needs to be done by bus or taxi to reach the hill station of Mahabaleshwar.
- By Road: Regular bus services are provided from each Part of Maharashtra to Mahabaleshwar. One can easily take a bus from the spot and reach the destination without hassle. If driving yourself, you can take the Mumbai-Pune Expressway and the route of NH4 to reach Mahabaleshwar.
Which are the best waterfalls to enjoy in Mahabaleshwar?
Best Waterfalls to include in Mahabaleshwar honeymoon package are:
1. Lingmala Waterfall: Exhibiting nature at its best, Lingmala is a three-tiered waterfall located on the Sahyadri Range. The slant descending water from a height of 1968 ft offers a mesmerising view when it hits the rocky surface and creates a cloud of bubbles. The top of this waterfall works as a viewpoint, and one can easily enjoy the panoramic view of the town from there.
2. Dhobi Waterfall: Once a place where people used to wash their clothes, hence the name “Dhobi”, this waterfall gushes on the beautifully grown flora and fauna at the button and provides the required water for nearby vegetation. Cascading from such a height, Dhobi Waterfall offers enough breathtaking sceneries of water reaching the pool below it.
3. Chinaman’s Falls: Flowing down 500 feet, Chinaman’s Falls offer an unmatched experience. These are one of the most tantalising and significant falls in Mahabaleshwar, perfect for a vacation with friends and family where you can even enjoy a dip in the falls. In case you’re wondering why it has such a unique name, it’s because there used to be a Chinese prison located in the vicinity, after which the falls were named.
What is Mahabaleshwar famous for?Mahabaleshwar is famous for its scenic beauty and loads of hidden gems in the forms of waterfalls and lakes. Be it the Arthur’s Seat offering a panoramic view of the whole town or the Venna lake mesmerising people through its clear sparkling water; Mahabaleshwar offers many beautiful views to marvel at.
Is Mahabaleshwar safe for couples?Yes, Mahabaleshwar is Safe for couples as well as solo travellers too. Every day this place caters to loads of tourists and none of them have reported any big crime. Thus, taking a Mahabaleshwar honeymoon tour package will make sure that you enjoy the best safety and undergo fun-filled experiences.
Is Mahabaleshwar good for honeymoon?Loaded with beautiful sceneries and natural marvels, Mahabaleshwar is surely the best place if you are planning a honeymoon at a scenic yet thrilling location. From the beautiful staying options to the plethora of adventurous activities, here one can easily spend some beautiful days of Mahabaleshwar honeymoon trip.
How many days are enough to explore Mahabaleshwar on our honeymoon?Three days are enough to explore the whole of Mahabaleshwar. One the first day you can go for natural sightseeing and visit places like the Arthurs Seat, Mapro Garden and the Mahabaleshwar Temple.
On the second day, you can indulge in adventurous activities like trekking towards Tapola and wandering in the caves of Rajpuri. On the last day you can cover its beautiful waterfalls and glistening lakes.
What are the best adventure activities to do in Mahabaleshwar?
The best adventurous activities one can enjoy in Mahabaleshwar are:
1. Jungle Trekking in Tapola: Offering you a chance to taste the thrill of trekking in the woods, the forest of Tapola have invited loads of adventure junkies and nature huggers. The terrain consists of many rocky slopes, and once you reach the top, the surrounding hills offer the best panoramic views one can imagine.
2. Rock Climbing: Being a hill station, Mahabaleshwar is home to many steep slopes and high standing rock, offering a perfect place to enjoy a session of rock climbing. Offering absolute fun, this activity not only provides you with thrill but also lets you enjoy the beautiful scenery around you.
3. Kayaking and Windsurfing: Offering you a chance to indulge in some exciting and energising adventure sports, Mahabaleshwar offers an array of water-based activities which one can easily try on their trip.
4. Paragliding: Descending from high above and gazing at the mesmerising beauty of the valley below has been a dream of many. Mahabaleshwar offers you a chance to experience the required thrill while enjoying a session of paragliding and marvelling the scenic beauty as you descend down.
What are the best places to shop in Mahabaleshwar?
The best places for shopping in Mahabaleshwar are:
1. Mapro Garden: This place is known for offering the best farm producing, including strawberries, berries, jams and juices. A lot of people rush here to buy these things, and the place also provides the samples before you buy items in bulk.
2. Imperial Store: Most of the shopping destinations in Mahabaleshwar are local; thus small vendors sometimes provide the best stuff. This place is known for providing everything from groceries to wines. An all in one stop, here one can also shop for medicines and fruits.
3. Indo Kashmir Collection: Exhibiting a wide variety of rugs, sheets and small carpets, this place offers some of the best handmade products with a guarantee to last a lifetime if taken care of.
4. Laxmi Farms: Another famous location to shop for delicious berries, this place offers you the best house-grown items, that too at a bargain price. Maintaining the freshness, the stock is changed every day and provides a variety of things to choose from.
What are the resorts in Mahabaleshwar for a honeymoon?
1. Le Meridien Mahabaleshwar Resort & Spa: This upscale resort adds an opulent touch with teak furniture and rainfall showers, for a truly romantic feel. The rooms have attached balconies overlooking the picturesque forests and valleys. The suites also offer adjoining dining rooms and fireplaces with an old-world charm.
The hotel has a chic bar, a casual rooftop bar, an infinity pool, as well as a lagoon pool. If you plan your stay here, make sure you and your partner make the most of a relaxed, rejuvenating treatment at the on-location spa. If you both are fitness freaks, you can hit the gym together, as well.
Location: 211,212, Satara-Medha-Mahabaleshwar Rd, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price for two: Starting at Rs. 13,000/- per night
2. Brightland Resort & Spa: Nestled amidst the forests lining the Western Ghats, the Brightland Resort and Spa offers spacious rooms, with some featuring balconies and patios. There are a host of amenities available and the rooms offer scenic views of generous amounts of greenery.
The hotel offers a shuttle to the city center, an open-air pizzeria and barbecue, and a relaxed bar. You can also enjoy a dip in the outdoor pool, the hot tub, and some relaxing treatment at the spa.
Location: Kate’s Point Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price for two: Starting at Rs. 11,000/- per night
3. Evershine Keys Prima Resort: Surrounded by farmlands and hills, Evershine Keys Prima Resort is a high-end space designed in pink-stone with modern rooms and eye-pleasing decor. The resort offers a free breakfast with an array of dishes to choose from, while the rooms offer amenities like a tea/coffee maker and a mini-fridge.
Other amenities include an all-day dining area, an open-air pizzeria, a spa, an outdoor pool and a trendy bar where you can raise a toast to togetherness.
Location: C.T.S. No 182, Gautam Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price for two: Starting at Rs. 8000/- per night
4. Regenta MPG Club: Surrounded by tropical vegetation, the Regenta MPG Club is designed with earthy tones and warm decor, adding a rather romantic touch to the ambience. Suites are accompanied by living rooms, marble-floored bathrooms and whirlpool baths, that make for a unique hotel experience.
The amenities include a free buffet breakfast, a multi-cuisine restaurant, a bar, and lounge, with a sleek wood finish, an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a spa, a gym and a sprawling garden.
Location: 233, Old Tapola Road, Satara, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price for two: Starting at Rs. 11,000/- per night
What is the budget required for Mahabaleshwar honeymoon package?
Mahabaleshwar honeymoon packages could vary anywhere between Rs. 10,000 per night to Rs. 20,000 per night, inclusive of accommodation, food, and local sightseeing. The lower end is generally for 3-star hotels, while the upper end is if you opt for a lavish stay at a 5-star property. Additional activities like water-sports, boating, adventure sports, and shopping aren’t accounted for in the package. These need to be added to the budget as per your preferences and plans.
What kind of food is available in Mahabaleshwar?
Mahabaleshwar honeymoon tours are generally inclusive of food, but if you’d like a different experience, here’s what we recommend. While Mahabaleshwar keeps in pace with global flavours, they make sure to lend their dishes a unique traditional touch.
Strawberry Cream and Cheesy Pizzas at Mapro Gardens are an absolute must-try, here. Juicy mulberries and sweet-and-sour gooseberries should obviously top your list, as well.
Don’t miss out on the roasted sweet corn by the lakeside, especially in the beautiful monsoons and chilly winters. Corn Pattice and Wada Pav, made by local vendors are also worth a try. Once here, you will find a host of family-run Parsi restaurants and traditional Gujarati Thali dining areas, with authentic flavours to indulge in.
What is the best time to visit Mahabaleshwar for a honeymoon?The months between March to June are considered to be the best time to enjoy the serenity and atmosphere of Mahabaleshwar. Being the early summers, the temperature here stays around 30 degrees, making it the perfect time to enjoy a Mahabaleshwar honeymoon tour package.