Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages
Looking for the ideal international destination to set the right start to your married life? Sri Lanka honeymoon packages from Thrillophilia offer thrilling adventures, romantic beach experiences, heritage tours, and more, to make your honeymoon memorable. Do not miss the deals only Thrillophilia brings to you to create a hassle-free honeymoon focusing solely on spending quality time with your new life partner. The amazing discounts make our honeymoon trips fit into every budget.
Thrillophilia offers luxurious accommodations and top-notch services to set a faultless backdrop for your romance. As you soak up the heavenly beauty of this stunning nation, Thrillophilia takes care of the necessities like planning the ideal activities for young couples and arranges for knowledgeable guides.
Scrumptious breakfasts fill you up with energy for your expeditions. Some packages provide delicious lunches and dinners to revive your fatigued body after daylong adventures. You can choose to include a romantic dinner with your beloved, or adventure activities and water sports to spice up your honeymoon. Moreover, our Honeymoon Packages of Sri Lanka are carefully curated not to rush you in a whirlwind of sightseeing.
The tours are perfectly balanced with in-land and off land activities. The cities and tourist spots are chosen to provide an outstanding honeymoon experience for you. Sri Lanka tourism honeymoon packages provide operators who, with their warm greetings, make you feel welcome and enthusiastic right after you alight at the airport.
Our transport services transfer you to your hotel and again to the airport at the time of departure. Sightseeing with guided tours covering the major attractions is also included. Thus, you can relax in your loved one’s company without having to bother about the trivialities. Experience all these conveniences and more with Thrillophilia’s outstanding discount offers and create honeymoon memories that you are sure to cherish for a lifetime.
People Also Ask About Honeymoon in Sri Lanka
Which are the best Sri Lanka honeymoon packages?Here are some of the best Sri Lanka honeymoon packages:
1. 6 Days Sri Lanka Honeymoon Tour with Water Sports | Flat 25% Off
2. 4 Days Sri Lanka Honeymoon Tour on a Budget | Flat 25% Off
3. Sri Lanka Honeymoon Package From Pune | 25% Off
What are the places to visit in Sri Lanka for a honeymoon?
1. Sigiriya: Sri Lanka honeymoon packages cover an excellent example of ancient urban planning, King Kasyapa's palace and fortress built 1600 years back on a magma rock 200 meters higher than the surroundings.
Inside the complex, you can view the castle's remnants and its extensive network of fortifications, canals, alleys, ruins of landscaped gardens and fountains, and the claws of the huge stone lion that guarded the entrance. Prehistoric frescos of beautiful women still survive on the walls of Sigiriya, and a Mirror Wall once polished so glossily that the King could see his reflection on it.
Location: Rock Front, Sigiriya.
Timings: Daily: 7:00am - 5:30pm.
Entry Fee: Approximate price starts from Rs 3955.
2. Nuwara Eliya: Scenic beauty offered in Sri Lanka Honeymoon Tour Packages inspires romance in the hearts of newlyweds, and this highland town abounds with both natural splendor and architectural marvels.
Its colonial-era rose-tinted bungalows transport you to the British Raj, and the rolling tea plantations on the craggy hills create an enchanting backdrop. You can enjoy a romantic boat ride on the pictorial Gregory Lake, hike to the Lover's Leap Waterfall, or visit the misty World's End viewpoint with a sudden drop of over 880 meters.
Location: 76 km from Kandy.
3. Polonnaruwa: Sri Lanka honeymoon packages are packed with places for taking cozy pictures and romantic strolls, like the UNESCO heritage ruins that take you to Sri Lanka's Golden Age. Forget the passage of time witnessing the remains of the Royal Palace, stupas, the 4-tiered Lotus Pond with lotus-shaped petals, Kiri Vehera, and more.
Location: Approximately a 5-hour drive from Colombo.
4. Dambulla Cave Temple: A holy site of pilgrimage since the last 22 centuries, this unique cave temple in a granite outcrop is famous for its extensive Buddhist murals and statues.
You can see the water drip from which the cave gets its name, Damba, meaning rock and Ulla meaning fountain. Include worship at this sacred shrine on Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages and pray for a peaceful marriage on your first trip with your beloved.
5. Mahiyanganaya Sorabora Lake, Uva Province: Sri Lanka sri lanka tour package for couple regale your senses with nature's beauty, like the lush greenery beside this serene lake.
View the sluice gate built at around 162 BC yet still operational, and glide along the waters on a boat, losing yourself in your loved one's eyes. You can also camp here and fish, watch birds, enjoy each other's company, and experience a picturesque sunrise with your life partner.
Location: Uva Province.
6. Tea estates: Sri Lanka package for couples are incomplete without a tour of its tea plantations, the aroma of which lends captivating magic to this country.
If you and your partner are tea lovers, this tour will produce a remarkable experience of learning to distinguish between tastes of teas. You can also embark on a tea tasting tour in Colombo where you can learn the secret art of blending herbs and teas to craft your personal blend.
Price: Starting from Rs. 3403.
7. The Old Town of Galle: Get a taste of Europe in Asia on the Sri Lanka tour package for couples with a trip to Galle and its fortifications, a seamless amalgamation of South Asian culture with European traditions.
You can hire a scooter and explore the charms of this city with your loved one. Some of the attractions include grand Portuguese mansions, the awe-inspiring domed pagoda of Kalutara Bodhiya Buddhist Temple, spice gardens on Koggala lake, Dutch fort, gelato shops, Hikkaduwa Beach and the pristine white Japanese Peace Pagoda.
Price: Scooter tours start from Rs. 1900 per adult.
8. Nine Arches Bridge: The British started constructing this bridge but had to abandon the project due to the dearth of steel during World War 1, but the locals completed it with stones and bricks.
Even today, the bridge with nine majestic arches stands strong without any steel reinforcement. Located within a dense forest, surrounded by lavish green tea plantations, the enchanting vista of the bridge is admired by newlyweds on Sri Lanka package for couples.
9. The Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic: One of the most celebrated attractions of the Sri Lanka honeymoon packages, this Buddhist temple houses a relic of Buddha's tooth, brought from India in the 4th century.
The tooth is bathed in fragrant water daily, and the water, known to have healing capacities, is distributed among the visitors. Connect with your spirituality with your significant other by your side, soak up the mystic ambiance of the monks chanting prayers, and feel awestruck by the golden ornamentations.
Location: Royal Palace, Sri Dalada Veediya, Kandy.
Price: Entry fee - Rs. 1500 per head.
Timings: 5:30am - 8:00pm.
What are the most romantic things to do in Sri Lanka?
1. Meet wild animals on a Wildlife Safari: Sri Lanka honeymoon package offer the breathtaking experience of jungle safaris with your spouse. Yala National Park is a famous wildlife sanctuary where you can spot leopards, Asian elephants, black bears, and other endemic species. Moreover, a chain of well-preserved ancient temples and a restored rock shrine bear testimony to an ancient monastic settlement of this region.
Location: Yala Block, Tissemaharamaya.
Timings: 6am - 6pm.
Price: Starting from Rs. 2603.
2. Watch whales: Sri Lanka honeymoon packages spice up your honeymoon with the once-in-a-lifetime experience of spotting whales. You can meet sperm whales, Blue Whale, Killer Whale, Bryde's Whale, and Pilot Whale.
Location: Dondra Point, near Mirissa Fishery Port.
Timings: Mornings in December, February, and March.
Price: Starts from Rs 2837 per adult.
3. Hop on to a train journey from Kandy to Ella: This train journey on Sri Lanka tour package for couples enables you to feast your eyes on the emerald green tea plantations, cascading waterfalls, lofty mountains, misty clouds, all reminiscent of a fairy tale.
Snack on crispy poppadoms and fresh fruits sprinkled with cinnamon. Hold each other's hands and hope that your marriage journey becomes as beautiful as this 7-hour long train ride, considered one of the world's most striking passages.
Location: Kandy railway station, 95 km from Colombo.
4. View underwater marine life with Scuba Diving at Hikkaduwa: Sri Lanka tour package for couples are enlivened with a scuba diving session. Under the expert guidance of coaches, encounter countless marine creatures of various hues, including nudibranchs, shrimps, electric rays, sea moths, pipefish, and more. You will also get the opportunity to explore freighters wrecks dating back to World War I.
Timings: 8am – 10am.
Price: Starts from Rs. 5104 per adult.
5. Sail a catamaran: Trincomalee, renowned as one of the most romantic destinations in Sri Lanka honeymoon packages, offers the unique excitement of riding a catamaran. You can take turns with your partner taking the helm, navigating the huge vessel for a while, and savor a delicious barbeque on-board. Then you will moor at a stunning reef barrier and indulge in water adventures like snorkeling and stand-up paddleboarding.
Timings: 6am – 9am, 3pm – 6pm.
Price: Starts from Rs. 4423 per adult.
6. Peek into underwater life with Snorkeling: You can catch a glimpse of the mesmerizing marine life along the Mirissa shoreline, where the crystal-clear water offers excellent visibility. You and your partner can experience the magic of gliding alongside sea turtles and capture astounding pictures of those cherishable moments. Adequate safety equipment, life jackets, and professional guides make the experience safe.
Price: Rs. 1400 per adult.
7. Scale the mountains with Mountain Biking Tours: Enjoy solitude amidst nature with your spouse on Sri Lanka honeymoon packages by off-roading to gravel paths and dirt roads. Feel refreshed by the tea-scented mountain breeze, imbibe nature's beauty coursing along the rocky trails on a mountain bike, and enjoy home-made food at the local villages. Under the directions of a local guide, view sleepy hamlets, gurgling waterfalls, colorful peacocks and chameleons, and tropical evergreens.
Location: Mirissa and Unawatuna.
Timings: 8:30am or 2:30pm.
Price: Starts from Rs. 1100.
8. Trek to Adam's Peak at night: If you are a couple who seeks an adrenaline rush, pick the challenging night-time climb to the top of Adam's Peak offered in Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages. Stay close to keep each other warm on this chilly ascent, strengthening your bonds, and at the summit, pay homage at the footprint sacred to several religions, Christians believing it as Adam's, Hindus hailing it as Lord Shiva's and Buddhists claiming it as Buddha's. Be rewarded with the entrancing beauty of the sunrise and the delightful sight of colorful butterflies.
Location: Nuwara Eliya.
Timings: 3:30pm – 9:30am.
Price: Starts from Rs. 2900 per adult.
9. Paddle through the lagoons on canoes: Enjoy some exciting hours with your loved one in Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages canoeing through Galle's lagoons and canal systems. Watch the tranquil village life, villagers catching crabs, the rich avifauna on the banks, and the amazing mangrove forests. You will receive safety manuals, life jackets, and an experienced operator's guidance to make this experience safe and exquisite.
Location: Starting point: 49/A, Heenatigala Road, Unawatuna, Galle.
Timings: 8:30 am or 2:30pm.
Price: Rs. 1999 per adult.
10. Attend a local dance performance: Share an entertaining evening with your beloved witnessing the local culture with a dance show. The national dance Kandyan acquaints you with the ancient traditions and rituals, the heavy jewelry, embellished garments, and mystical masks transporting you to a bygone era.
Location: Kandy Lake Club, Kandy.
Timings: Monday – Sunday, 5:00pm – 6:00pm.
Price: Starts from Rs. 600 per person.
What are the best adventure activities, which we can do in Sri Lanka?
1. Windsurfing: The exhilaration of riding over the waves, balancing yourself over the surfboard, navigating the sail through sheer physical stamina, with the wind whipping across your face, is beyond comparison. If you are a beginner, you can enroll for a course at the sailing clubs and experience the magic of windsurfing in Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages.
2. White Water Rafting in Kitulgala: Scaling grade three rapids in the Kelani River provides the ultimate thrill of whitewater rafting. Both novices and veterans can indulge in this challenging adventure sport under the supervision of professional river guides.
3. Caving: Also known as speleology, this unusual adventure involves exploration of the cave systems in Sri Lanka. You will pick your way around the stalactites and stalagmites, encounter nocturnal animals, learn how to survey and map the caves, and get the chance to snap incredible pictures of the interiors.
4. Jet skiing: Feel the ecstasy of coursing through the ocean at the speed of the wind, let your adrenaline scour through your veins, heart-beat soaring, as you surf around with flamboyant style. After the capable coaching under experienced guides and wearing the protection of safety-gear, the activity becomes completely safe for travelers.
What is the best time to visit Sri Lanka for a honeymoon?
The southwestern coasts receive rains between May and August. Thus, this is the ideal time to visit the north and the eastern parts of Sri Lanka. But those regions experience monsoon from December to March.
Hence, the months in-between are perfect for a honeymoon trip to the Cultural Triangle, the west, south, and the Hill Country. However, April and September experience dry and pleasant weather and are the best months for Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages.
How much time do I need to explore Sri Lanka on our honeymoon?
The Teardrop of India offers myriad tourist attractions, and the 4-days' Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages cover the major destinations. However, a 6 days 5 nights honeymoon will let you savor the delights at a relaxed pace and enjoy each other's company at leisure.
How can I reach Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka, an island country, is inaccessible by train and road. The best way to reach is by air. The Colombo International Airport is well connected via all principal carriers to the notable cities around the globe.
What is special about Sri Lanka?
Famous as the abode of the mythical demon Ravana, Sri Lanka is a treasure-trove of history, culture, spirituality, adventure, and biodiversity.
The topography varies from pristine beaches to majestic hills blanketed by verdant green plantations. The country is home to an incredible variety of wildlife. And the friendliness of the locals caps the attraction of this beautiful tropical paradise.
Is a passport required for Sri Lanka?
Yes, a passport with at least six months' validity is a requisite, along with Visa. However, Indian passport holders can easily get e-Visa for Sri Lanka.
Is Sri Lanka expensive for tourists?
Sri Lanka is exceptionally affordable with several budget accommodations and delicious, pocket-friendly street food options. Moreover, Sri Lanka honeymoon packages starting from only Rs. 17,500 per adult makes the destination particularly inexpensive.
Is Sri Lanka safe for couples?
Sri Lanka is very safe for every kind of traveler. The people are friendly and welcoming. Attacks against travelers are uncommon. However, as with any other destination, it is advisable to stay alert and avoid unnecessary risks.
Keep your valuables away from public view, carry all your emergency medications, and eat at busy restaurants where food is turned over rapidly. Also, booking honeymoon packages of Sri Lanka from a reputed company like Thrillophilia provides complete peace of mind about the safety of accommodations and transportation.
What is Sri Lanka's famous food?
- Kottu Roti: You should not miss this mildly spiced street food in Sri Lanka, made of a flat, crispy bread, fried, chopped, and served with ingredients of your choice.
- Hoppers: A fermented batter of rice flour and coconut milk is fried into a thin bowl-shaped pancake. It is often served with fried eggs garnished with onions, chilies, and lemon juice.
Is Sri Lanka good for a honeymoon?
Sri Lanka offers an abundance of natural splendor adored by honeymooners. Soothed by the balmy sea breezes, you can enjoy lazy sunbathing, watch vivid sunsets, or stargaze with your loved one on the beaches. Sharing the ecstasies of surfing and diving with your life partner fosters bonding.
Romantic hikes followed by quiet moments sipping the exotic Ceylon tea with your spouse induce pure bliss. You can offer prayers for a happy marriage at the notable Buddhist shrines. And specially planned Sri Lanka Honeymoon Tour Packages pamper honeymooners with every indulgence for kindling their romance.
What language is spoken in Sri Lanka?
Sinhalese is the official language, but Tamil and English are also spoken in Sri Lanka.
What kind of nightlife can I experience in Sri Lanka?
Sri Lanka has a vibrant nightlife with several glitzy nightclubs and happening pubs. Colombo, Galle, Kandy, Hikkaduwa, and other significant cities boast of the most stylish bars and pubs serving refreshing drinks. Themed bars, sports clubs, beach bars, lounge bars, karaoke bars, whatever your preference, you are sure to find it here. Featuring palatable food, live music, and other entertainment gigs, these hangouts provide a chilled-out environment for spending some lively moments with your loved ones.
If you want to try out your luck, Bally's Casino, the largest casino in Sri Lanka, is the place to be. Otherwise, you can dance the night away at the floating discotheque in Bentota or at the pulsating beach parties in Colombo, Hikkaduwa, or Unawatuna.
You can also try out a street food tour with an English-speaking local guide and taste some of the most popular food items of Sri Lanka. Delight your taste buds with Kothu, egg hoppers, wade, fruit pickles, and other snacks, refresh yourself with King coconut drink, and experience the local culture.
You can also relish a BBQ dinner with drinks in a Colombo countryside house and interact with the locals to experience something different from the run-of-the-mill pub-hopping.
Which are the famous beaches in Sri Lanka for couples?
1. Bentota: Located 65 km from Colombo, Bentota beach dazzles you with the turquoise Indian Ocean's view crashing against the golden sands. This beach also offers countless options in adventure sports and the chance to observe fascinating baby turtles at the turtle hatchery.
2. Arugam Bay: Break free from the humdrum routine with the adrenaline rush of surfing at this beach located 320 km from Colombo. You can also visit the Kumana National Park, famous for its bird population.
3. Unawatuna: Once famous as the world's best beach as declared by Discovery Channel, this is the ideal gateway for the novel experience of watching Blue Whales, Humpback Whales and sharks. You can also view the enthralling underwater life with diving or snorkeling expeditions.
4. Weligama: Go off the grid and find peaceful solitude with your new partner in this serene beach ideal for romantic dates. Relatively traffic-free, this quaint region is adorned with villas with unique mal lali wooden ornamentation.
5. Mount Lavinia: More liberal than other beach areas, the beaches of Mount Lavinia, situated only 12 km from Colombo, are easy to reach yet unspoiled by industrialization. Lively nightlife and the wonderful scuba-diving site Barracuda Reef are some of the notable attractions here.
Which are the best wildlife to experience in Sri Lanka?
1. Sinharaja Forest Reserve: The last remains of primary tropical rainforest in Sri Lanka, it is a living UNESCO heritage site. This hotspot of biodiversity is often shrouded in rainclouds and offers breathtaking views of the endemic fauna.
2. Wasgamuwa National Park: Home to numerous mammals and exotic birds and lush vegetation, this lowland national park is renowned for its elephants and the endemic purple-faced langurs. If you are lucky, you can also spot leopards.
3. Yala National Park: A nature lover's haven, this national park is renowned for leopard and sloth bear sightings. Some remnants of ancient civilizations remain, providing insights into the aboriginal cultures.
4. Kitulgala Forest Reserve: Camping amidst the rainforest at Kitulgala lets couples experience nature at close quarters during Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages. Awaken with the chirping of birds. Try out jungle walks, mountain biking, river trips, and more and close an adventurous day with flavorsome barbeque dinners at the campsite.
5. Udawalawe National Park: Providing the most animal-friendly means to interact with elephants during Sri Lanka Honeymoon Packages, the Elephant Transit Home here houses 25 orphaned baby elephants. The babies are bottle-fed in this elephant orphanage, reared lovingly, and released into the wilderness when they gain maturity.