Rishikesh HomestaysAmrani Homestay, Serenity Ixora Villa-1, ShriVyas Yoga Homestay, Ecoterra Homestay by The Ganges, Ayurpak Homestay, Raj Niketan Homestay, K-Farms Rishikesh Homestay, Mahan Paradise Homestay, and many more
The concept of Homestays in Rishikesh has brought about a change in the local hospitality industry. It has not only made it much more convenient for the travelers to stay at a homely and budget-friendly location but has also provided a way to the homeowners to rent out their extra space.
Moreover, staying with locals provides travellers with a completely different experience, alongside allowing them to explore the true culture of the city. Moreover, most of the homestays in Rishikesh are situated along the Ganga, providing travellers with a unique and beautiful stay.
Rishikesh homestays are known for providing their guests with the best of comfort as well as services. Most of the homestays even provide their guests with car rental and bike rental services for the comfort of their guests. Also, most of the owners feel more than happy in helping their guests with their city exploration plans.
They are equipped with open kitchen and dining areas, providing the guests with a chance to cook on their own and keep like home. You can easily book a convenient homestay in Rishikesh, let it be for a family couple, solo traveller, or even a group, without any safety constraints.
People Also Ask About Homestays in Rishikesh
What are the best homestays in Rishikesh?
1. Amraai Homestay
Situated close to the Ghats of Ganga, Amraai Homestay is idle for those who want to stay close to many sightseeing spots. Amraai, which literally translates to “a small garden of mango trees”, gets its name from its adjoining garden filled with mango trees. Equipped with all the necessary facilities, the six rooms at Amraai Homestay is a first pick.
After a tiring day, enjoy a peaceful evening on the swing at their mango garden, the large balcony on their first floor or eating some delicious home-style meals. Alternatively, in your free time, spend some time in their common lounge with abundant access to all available books and music.
Features of the Homestay: AC Rooms with attached bathrooms, breakfast services, special in-room dining, free wi-fi access.
Price: Rs 1300 onwards.
Located: H.No.100, Near Old Bus stand, Opposite Ashoka Hotel, Haridwar Road, Rishikesh.
Exclusive because: Close proximity to sites like Ganga River, Laxmi Narayan Mandir, Triveni Ghat, Asthapath
2. Serenity Ixora Villa-1
This two-room homestay offers luxury with some calm and serenity. Equipped with all the essential facilities, Ixora Villa -1 is idle for travellers who want to live in the midst of nature and greenery. The quaint peaceful ambience of the homestay helps guests take a break from the daily hustle-bustle of life and reconnect with themselves. Have meals on the private terrace or simply walk around the garden or roof for some beautiful view of the Himalayas.
Features of the Homestay: AC Rooms with attached bathrooms, on-site restaurant, wellness services like ayurvedic massages, private terrace.
Price: Rs 1300 onwards.
Located: No 110, Street No. 11, Devindra Vihar, Adjacent to DSB International School, Gumaniwala, 249203 Rishikesh.
Exclusive because: They help arrange activities like white water rafting, cliff climbing, yoga and meditation classes.
3. ShriVyas Yoga Homestay
Situated away from the main city, ShriVyas Yoga homestay promises a peaceful and relaxed stay at the property. This homestay is a villa with three rooms that come with attached bathrooms and all basic amenities like AC, free toiletries and hairdryer. Witness lush greenery and some picturesque views during your stay here. This homestay is idle for those who want to practice yoga, meditate or simply rejuvenate themselves.
You can either book a room or the entire villa subjected to availability. Both floors of the villa have access to a private terrace overlooking the national park.
Features of the Homestay: AC Rooms with attached bathrooms, laundry services, safety deposit box, airport shuttle.
Price: Rs 1800 onwards.
Located: Ganga Barrage – Rishikesh, Plot 94/95. Nirmal block C, Vistapith, Rishikesh.
Exclusive because: One of the only homestays in Rishikesh situated next to Rajaji National Park and close to Ganga river.
4. Ecoterra Homestay by The Ganges
Situated a few kilometers away from the main Rishikesh, Ecoterra Homestay is a lovely villa overlooking a beautiful green garden. The villa has exclusive facilities like airport transfer, rooms with balcony views.
Located close to Suddha Anand Yogshala, stay at this Rishikesh homestay to experience a quiet life near the river. This homestay is also close to a few ashrams and eateries free for you to explore at your leisure.
Features of the Homestay: Wellness facilities, rooms with attached bathrooms, parking.
Price: Rs 3500 onwards.
Located: C 19, Ganga Vatika II, Muni ki Reti, District Tehri Garhwal, Rishikesh.
Exclusive because: Pets are allowed at this property, close to Omkarananda Ashram and Sivananda Ashram, hiking trail.
If you want to experience the yogi life while eating healthy, simple food look no further than Ayurpark homestay. One of the many family-run homestays in Rishikesh, Ayurpak provides all the right elements necessary for the fulfilment of the soul. Run by three generations of the same family, Ayurpak promotes a holistic and spiritual style of living. This traditional homestay has big, spacious rooms with a beautiful lotus pond in its garden.
It is closely located to many yoga centres and is idle for travellers looking to kick back and relax while practicing some yoga. You can also explore some traditional cultural practices during your stay here. The famous landmark of Rishikesh, Laxman Jhula, is also in close proximity of this property.
Features of the Homestay: Wellness facilities, rooms with attached bathrooms, basic essentials, on-site dining.
Price: Rs 900 onwards.
Located: Tapovan Badrinath Road, Tapovan, Opposite Balak Nath Mandir, Rishikesh.
Exclusive because: An on-site vegan-friendly, simple, satvik restaurant; they conduct activities like cooking and yoga classes.
6. Raj Niketan Homestay
Surrounded by Himalayan mountains, Raj Niketan homestay is a bed and breakfast with homestay situated away from city crowd. It is a five-bedroom villa, located around 600m away from Patanjali International Yoga Foundation.
It is idle for travellers who want to take some time out of their busy schedules to read, write, relax and rejuvenate. In your free time, you can also practice yoga and meditation at the property. It is a family-run homestay with the hosts staying on the ground floor of the same building. The homestay also helps with recommendations of best activities to do in and around the city.
Features of the Homestay: Clean, big rooms; common kitchen, free wifi.
Price: Rs 900 onwards.
Located: Tapovan Near Yoga Padma Rishikesh, 249192 Rish?kesh.
Exclusive because: Their own yoga hall, special bookings for group retreats.
7. K-Farms Rishikesh Homestay
Located close to famous Rishikesh sites, Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula, K-farms is a quaint, family-friendly studio apartment in Rishikesh. It is a fully-furnished homestay with attached bathrooms and a shower.
Some rooms of the property have an attached balcony with picturesque views. The guests also have access to a private entrance to their rooms. The hosts also provide special services like packed lunches, grocery shopping service, and customized diet menus.
Features of the Homestay: Rooms with attached bathrooms, laundry, car hire.
Price: Rs 1200 onwards.
Located: A242, Jonk Road, Swarg Ashram, Beside Moksha Hotel, Rishikesh.
Exclusive because: Allows pets, cars, and bicycles available on rent, special grocery shopping service.
What are the best homestays in Rishikesh near Laxman Jhula?
1. Mahan Paradise Homestay: This homestay in Rishikesh offers accommodation to its guests, connected with a balcony and an open terrace. Other facilities provided at the stay include free Wi-Fi, Air conditioning, TV with satellite channels, and a commonly shared lounge.
2. Mountain View Homestay: All the rooms in this stay are equipped with air conditioners and a TV. All the rooms have a balcony to enjoy the outside view and are equipped with comfortable beddings. You can also avail of private parking near the homestay at an additional cost of INR 50/day.
3. Govind Homestay: All the rooms at the stay have a fully facilitated bathroom with free toiletries. The terrace of the stay is also free for the guests to be used. You can also avail pick up and drop service at an additional price from and to the homestay. The location of the homestay is also serene and provides beautiful views of the surrounding mountains.
4. Jashoda Guest House: Equipped with 24x7 Front Help Desk, a beautiful garden as well as free Wi-fi, this homestay is a favorite amongst the travelers. Also, the homestay provides its guests with a comfortable and completely equipped stay at the most minimal of the prices.
Which are the best homestays in Rishikesh for family?
1. Anantam Residency: This air-conditioned homestay provides its guests with a shared kitchen as well as a dining area. Families staying at the homestay can also indulge in cycling in the nearby area. The homestay also provides its guests with a vegetarian breakfast buffet.
2. Amritsar Homestay: Situated only 600 meters away from the Laxman Jhula, this beautifully located homestay is a perfect getaway for small families. The surroundings of the homestay are scenically beautiful and the stay provides its guests with all the basic amenities to fulfill their daily needs.
3. Harihar Niwas Homestay: This homestay provides its guests with family rooms as well as free Wi-Fi connectivity. It is also equipped with a fridge and a gas stove to be utilised by the guests for cooking and food storage. The stay has rooms that can easily accommodate all family sizes. Rooms are completely air-conditioned and have connected washrooms with each room.
4. Krishna Homestay: The homestay offers its guests with a free private parking, free Wi-Fi as well as a small restaurant. Guests can also rent out bicycles from the homestay itself to explore the nearby attractions of Rishikesh. The host family resides on the ground floor and the first floor, consisting of 4 rooms is available for guests.
What are the popular places or landmarks to book homestays in Rishikesh?
Most of the homestays in Rishikesh are situated near the banks of the Ganga river. Some of the most popular places that you can look out for booking a homestay in include the areas near Ram Jhula, Laxman Jhula, Tapovan, and Muni ki Reti.
What is the price range of Homestays in Rishikesh?
If you are planning to visit the city for a good number of days and you wish to save on stays, then opting for homestays will be a great pick as they are inexpensive. Ranging from INR 900 to 4000 here one can make a selection, as per their list of preferences. With homestays like Serenity Ixora Villa-1, Shri Vyas Yoga HomeStay, Ecoterra Homestay by The Ganges, Ayurpak Homestay and numerous one can opt for a choice they wish for.
What are the luxury homestays in Rishikesh?1. Ecoterra Homestay: Known as one of the best-staying places in Rishikesh, the Ecoterra Homestay provides its guests with spacious rooms, free parking and internet, and several wellness facilities. Moreover, a few ashrams are also located somewhat near the resort, so, whenever you feel tensed or anxious, you can always go to these places to unwind yourself.2. Atali Ganga: The beautiful homestay of Atali Ganga comes with spacious and well-equipped cottages, which offers an amazing panoramic view of the Ganges. Moreover, there is also an outdoor café available in the resort that provides lip-smacking Indian and Continental cuisines with an exotic sight of nature.3. Howard Sanctuary: Situated amidst the exuberant beauty of nature, the Howard Sanctuary comes with highly-embellished en-suite rooms and offers several wellness facilities to keep you stress-free.4. Mahayana Resort & Spa: As the name suggests, the Mahayana Resort & Spa features an exotic spa location and offers a great dining opportunity while savoring the charm of nature through its in-house restaurant.
Which are the budget homestays in Rishikesh?1. Amraai Homestay: Are you thinking about staying in a place, which is situated in close proximity to most of the attractions of the city of Rishikesh? Then, the Amraai Homestay, with its spacious AC rooms with separate bathrooms, in-house eatery, and free Wi-Fi access, can be a perfect option for you.2. ShriVyas Yoga Homestay: The ShriVyas Yoga Homestay offers high-end AC rooms, free laundry services, and an utterly relaxed staying experience only at a rate of 1,800 INR.3. Serenity Ixora Villa: A two-room homestay equipped with almost all the must-have amenities, the Serenity Ixora Villa can be a perfect option for those who want to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the city.4. Ayurpak Homestay: Like the other Homestays in Rishikesh, the Ayurpak Homestay, too, comes with spacious rooms and offers various amenities to its guests. However, the factors, which prompt most first-time travelers to opt for this particular place, are its holistic style of living and close proximity to numerous yoga centers.
Which are the best homestays in Rishikesh for couples?
1. Gungun Homestay: The stay has a terrace that is accessible by the guests. All the rooms have a balcony to soak in the beautiful view of Rishikesh. Twin sharing rooms are also available at the stay for couples, equipped with free Wi-Fi and a common dining area.
2. Anjali Homestay: This homestay is a perfect find for couples and families looking for decent budget Rishikesh Homestays. Guests can also take part in the rooftop Yoga sessions organized by the owner on a daily basis. All the rooms are comfortably spacious and provide the guests with running hot water.
3. The White House: All the rooms at the homestay have a completely equipped washroom with complimentary toiletries. The families staying at the house can also make use of the car rental service provided by the owner for guests to explore the city without any difficulty.
4. Rishikesh Homestay: All the rooms are fitted with a Television. Guests can also avail of extra linens and towels from the accommodation at extra charges. Car rental, as well as bicycle rental, can also be availed from the stay itself for guests’ convenience.
What kind of amenities do Rishikesh homestays provide?
Some of the most common amenities that you will find in almost all the Rishikesh Homestays are as follows:
-Car Rental Service
-Bicycle Rental Service
-Television in each room.
These are some of the most common amenities which are provided by most of the homestays in Rishikesh. However, guests are requested to confirm regarding the offered amenities before making their final booking.
Can I make my own food in homestays at Rishikesh?
Yes, Guests are free to use the kitchen and cook on their own in most of the homestays in Rishikesh. Moreover, most of them offer their guests with a completely packed common kitchen. Moreover, some of the Rishikesh homestays also facilitate their guests with a cook to fulfill their food cravings.
Which is the best time to visit Rishikesh?
Make a visit to the spiritual land in the month of September or October, as this is indeed the best time to tour the quaint town. If you are an adventure seeker and wish to taste the tinge of thrill, then you can witness the white water rafting in the icy-cold water of the Ganges in these months and later relax at the camps along the pristine river. Though one can visit this beautiful town anytime but in the monsoons, the water sports are shut down due to excess flow of water.
Am I allowed to bring my pets?
A majority of homestays do not allow pets along with guests. However, there are specific homestays in Rishikesh which are pet-friendly and happily welcome guests along with pets. It is highly recommended to confirm the same with the homestay before you finalize your booking to prevent last-minute problems.
How many days are enough to visit Rishikesh?
If you are planning to visit Rishikesh, then a span of two to three days is enough but if you wish to visit the city for more number of days then you can stay here, and explore the unexplored corners of the sacred land. In a period of two days, you can witness the prominent tourist destinations and give one entire day to adventures like rafting, camping, zip lining etc.
What can I do in Rishikesh?
Things to do in Rishikesh encircles witnessing the white water rafting, camping, bungee jumping, mountain biking, flying fox, cliff jumping and numerous other activities which make your body shackle with the thrill. Apart from these, here one can also enjoy Paragliding, hot air ballooning, and waterfall trekking. Once your craving of adrenaline rush is quenched, then you can embrace the beauty of the Ganga Aarti, which is an impeccable experience.
What is Rishikesh Famous for?
Famed for the aura of the region, this place exhibits an excellent blend of spirituality and freshness, as it is located close to the Ganges. Apart from this, Rishikesh is also popularly renowned as the yoga capital and houses a great number of Ashrams. If you wish to explore the holy side of the side of the city, then you can savour the true essence of ultimate spirituality at the Ganga Aarti which is held every day in the evening.