Srinagar PackagesSrinagar tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Srinagar holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Srinagar packages with exciting deals & offers.
Set out to soak in the snow-clad mountains, lush pastures, and shimmering lakes on your Srinagar tours with carefully crafted Srinagar holiday packages from Thrillophilia. These packages come with strategically laid out itineraries that help you explore the most possible attractions within your decided time-frame. From the valleys and lakes to the gardens and religious sites, our Srinagar travel packages let you visit all the top tourist places of the city. With our Srinagar tour packages, you will also have enough opportunity to enjoy the exciting activities offered by the place, such as shopping, shikara ride, trekking, horse riding, and many more.
Our Srinagar tour packages not only promise you a fun-filled trip, but they also assure you a budget-friendly travel. Each of our Srinagar holiday packages is competitively priced and comes with exciting discounts and deals, so that you tour through the enthralling Srinagar city without feeling it heavy on your pocket. At Thrillophilia deal in all kinds of customizable Srinagar packages to make travel even more personalized for the avid travel enthusiasts. From Srinagar honeymoon packages to Srinagar family holiday packages we offer a plethora of well-crafted packages to Srinagar from different parts of India.
So, whether you are a romance seeker, nature lover, spiritual seeker, or adventure fanatic, we can offer you a budget as well as luxury Srinagar tour packages, which perfectly meet your travel moods and requirements. So, book your Srinagar trip with us and embark on your dreamy holiday to this exotic slice of paradise.
Places to Visit on Srinagar Tour:
1. Dal Lake: Covering up an area of 22 KM square, Dal Lake is one of the most serene places you can include on your Srinagar tour packages. Be it the winters or the summers, this lake keeps its blissful aura and scenic surroundings intact in all kinds of weather.
While people love to rest in their houseboats in the summers, many adventure seekers also love to enjoy shikara riding in its partially frozen waters while cracking through the sheets of ice. The most famous part of this lake is the live market on the waters, from where you can shop for anything ranging from food items to souvenirs to take back home.
Location: Rainawari, Srinagar
Timings: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
2. Shalimar Bagh Mughal Garden: If you are a nature lover and wish to enjoy the scenery of splendid flower beds and high standing green trees with scenic mountains as a backdrop then this is the place for you.
Shalimar Bagh or the Mughal Gardens have an inlay of water source which floss through the Dal Lake, around which various different gardens are built beautifully. From picnicking to morning walking, people can be seen enjoying various day to day life activities here, thus, making it a must include place in your Srinagar tour packages.
Location: Chinar chowk, Shalimar, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 191121
Timings: 9:30 AM to 6:30 PM
Entry Fee: INR 10 per person
3. Nishat Bagh: Built on the eastern side of the Dal Lake, Nishat Bagh is a small scenic series of terraced gardens, wherein each garden holds specific plantations. From roses to tulips and marigolds, a wide variety of flower beds can be seen along the flowing inlay of water.
The Garden has various small fast food joints as well where one can relish upon local snacks while enjoying the best of nature around them. If you are in the mood of picnicking and want to spend some time amidst the best of nature, then make sure that you explore the Nishat Garden on your Srinagar tour packages.
Location: Main road Nishat next to mughal garden nishat Srinagar Jammu and Kashmir, 191121
Timings: 9:00 AM to 7:30 PM
Entry Fee: INR 10 per person
4. Pari Mahal: Pari Mahal literally translates to “palace of the fairies” and it's beauty finely defines its name. Being a seven terraced garden, this place exhibits the scenic architecture combined with many beautiful flowers and local flora in rows.
The palace is located on the top of Zabarwan Mountains Range, thus one can overlook the panoramic view of the whole Srinagar city from above. For added fun, you can also rent out local dresses here and click some memorable pictures with your loved ones.
Location: Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
Timings: 9:30 AM to 7:30 PM
Entry Fee: INR 20 per person
5. Aru Valley: Hidden in the mountains and only accessible by one lane road, visiting the Aru Valley is totally worth all the effort. With its scenic snow-clad mountains on one side and the gushing stream of the Lidder River, this valley is a true gem and a must include place in your Srinagar tour packages.
The valley also acts as a basecamp for various trekking expeditions to the Tarsar Lake and Kolahoi Glacier. To reach here, you are required to go upstream along a river through a tiny road which can accommodate only one vehicle at a time, thus the place becomes even more thrilling.
Location: Pahalgam, Srinagar
6. Betaab Valley: Named after Sunny Deol’s Bollywood movie Betaab, which was once shot here, Betaab Valley is known popularly for its romantic climate, absolute greenery, and serpentine streams.
Nestled between Chandanwadi and Pahalgam, the valley often forms a part of the Srinagar tour packages of many adventure enthusiasts and lets them enjoy a number of thrilling activities including trekking, camping, and horse riding.
Location: Anantnag district, Kashmir Valley.
7. Nigeen Lake: Kashmir's oldest location for enjoying houseboat and shikara rides, Nigeen Lake forms a very popular tourist hotspot. Lying to the west of Dal Lake and dotted by tall poplar and willow trees, this picturesque lake lets you soak in the scenic views while you float on its blue waters.
Location: Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir.
8. Chashme Shahi: Perched overlooking the beautiful Dal Lake, Chashme Shahi was established by Shah Jahan for his son Dara Shikoh in 1632 AD. Packed with serene water pools, broad walkways, and colourful plants, this mesmerizing terraced garden is often visited by nature lovers during their Srinagar tours.
Location: Boulevard Rd, Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir 190001.
9. Hazratbal Mosque: Nestled on Dal Lake’s left bank, Hazratbal Mosque is Kashmir’s only domed structure. Made of white marbles and exhibiting a rustic charm, this place gets a heavy influx of spiritual seekers throughout the year.
Location: Hazratbal Rd, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir 190006.
10. Char Chinar: Dotted with beautiful Chinar trees, Char Chinar is a small breathtaking island on the serene Dal Lake. Take a shikhara and go up to this island to soak in the untouched natural beauty during your Srinagar tours.
Location: Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir 190001.
11. Kashmir Government Arts Emporium: Located inside Bahu Plaza Shopping Complex, Kashmir Government Arts Emporium has a wide collection of umpteen varieties of Kashmiri handicrafts. Here, you can find Kashmiri shawls, traditional apparel, and hand-made home decor items.
Location: Emporium Building, Residency Rd, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir 190001.
Planning a trip to Kashmir, check out: Best Kashmir Trip Packages
Things to Do on Srinagar Tour:
1. Enjoy a Shikara Ride On Dal Lake: The fun, thrilling and scenic experience of riding on a shikara along Dal Lake is on the to-do list of many. The whole experience will provide you a chance to traverse along the cold waters of this splendid lake while enjoying the serenity around you.
From floating markets to picture points, you will be covering various famous marks of the Dal Lake, thus making this activity mandatory to be included in your Srinagar packages.
Location: Rainawari, Srinagar
Timings: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Price: INR 550 to INR 1500 per person
2. Stay in a Gorgeous Houseboat: Stand along the intricately carved cedar wood railings while watching the beautiful Dal lake and enjoying the best of northern hospitality. When taking up Srinagar Packages, make sure that you spend at least one night staying in houseboats.
With fancy architecture and local artwork, these houseboats let you enjoy staying in the middle of a lake while resting in your cozy rooms. From Wifi services to a well equipped kitchenette, all kinds of facilities are available here to make you feel like home. From luxury to budget friendly, you can easily find various houseboats along the shore of Dal Lake.
Location: Dal Lake, Rainawari, Srinagar
Price: INR 4000 to INR 10,000 per person
3. Seek blessings of Shiva at Shankaracharya Temple: Built by the emperor Ashoka, the Shankaracharya temple has its traces back in 200 BC. The architecture, design and history of this temple makes it a must include spot in your Srinagar holiday packages.
During the auspicious celebration of Shivratri, this temple is lit with thousands of lights, which makes it a really big event among the locals. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, thus various Shiva seekees visit here throughout the world to catch a glimpse of the sculpture inscribed within the temple premises.
Location: Durian, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
4. Enjoy bird watching at Manasbal Lake: Being the largest breeding grounds for the aquatic birds in Kashmir, the Manasbal Lake is one of the best locations to be included in your fun filled Srinagar packages.
Considered to be “a gem among the lakes of Kashmir”, the Manasbal Lake will let you enjoy some of the most scenic views of nature as well as wildlife. You can take a boat ride, which will further take you to famous spots known for spotting various exotic birds.
Location: Zanipora, Srinagar
Timings: 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Price: INR 500 to INR 1200 per person
5. Stroll through Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden: Located on the foothills of Zabarwan Range, the Indira Gandhi Memorial Tulip Garden is the largest tulip garden in Asia. Built by Gulam Nabi Azad, this garden consists of more than 48 species of tulips and around 1.5 million plants.
Having the Zabarwan Range as its backdrop, this tulip garden acts as a perfect place to stroll around and click some memorable pictures.
Location: Cheshma Shahi Road, Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001
Timings: 7:00 AM to 7:30 PM
Price: INR 25 for kids and INR 50 for adults
6. Go Rafting in Sonmarg: Sonmarg is the only place in Srinagar which provides you a chance to enjoy white water rafting in Sindh river. The rafting expedition starts at Baltal and you are provided with all the necessary requirements before starting the adventure.
A distance of around 5 KM is covered while battling with the rapids and gushing along the beautiful streams. The session ends at Shutkari Bridge in Sonmarg and while reaching here, you pass through many dramatic rock formations along the stream.
Price: INR 1800 to INR 3500 per person
7. Go Skiing in Gulmarg: Skiing in Gulmarg can only be done during the winter months, which lie between October to February. Around this time, the fresh snowfall creates beautiful sheets, which are thick enough to ski on.
You can easily find a ski resort which will provide you with all the basic items required for the activity. As you go down the slope, you can enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and to come back up, you can take an additional gondola/ropeway ride.
Location: Gulmarg, Baramulla, Srinagar
Timings: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Price: INR 700 to INR 1200 per person
8. Explore Wildlife at Dachigam National Park: Include Dachigam National Park in your Srinagar tour packages and go spot the Himalayan grey langur, Himalayan brown bear, leopards, and many unique fauna.
Dachigam translates literally to “ten villages” and the national park has been named so in the loving memory of the 10 beautiful villages that were relocated for establishing it. Making for the loftiest forest reserve of India, Dachigam National Park also forms a suitable place to enjoy trekking.
9. Get Adventurous at Aru Valley: If you call yourself a daredevil, pay a visit to Aru Valley during your Srinagar tours and indulge in the plethora of thrilling activities available here, including skiing, hiking, trekking, camping, and horse riding. Aru Valley serves as the beginning point for the famous Sonamarg and Kolahoi treks.
10. Admire the Brilliant Architecture of Pari Mahal: Add Pari Mahal to your Srinagar packages and go marvel at the iconic Islamic architectural style. While exhibiting breathtaking views with its beautiful gardens, this place also offers a sneak peek into the lifestyle of the Mughals.
11. Relish Flavourful Seekh Kebab at Challi Point: Head to the quaint Challi Point during your Srinagar tours and relish some flavoursome sweet corn and seekh kebabs. You can also spend some time soaking in the spectacular views of the serene Dal Lake, which serves as a stunning backdrop for this place.
12. Walk through Heritage at Shri Pratap Museum: Pay a visit to the well-known Shri Pratap Museum lying in Lal Mandi and explore the cultural heritage of Kashmir.
This beautiful museum has been categorized into various sections including Manuscripts, Archaeology, Decorative Art, Paper Mache, Natural History, and Enamelware. It exhibits around 80,000 unique objects including armory, shawls, and other excavated items.
Planning a Honeymoon trip to Kashmir, check out: Kashmir Honeymoon Trip Packages
How to reach Srinagar:
By Air: Srinagar has a well functioning airport, the Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport, which is connected to many cities and states of India like Jammu, Delhi, Pune, Jumbai, Jaipur and Chennai through timely running flights.
By Road: To reach Srinagar by road, you will have to reach Jammu or Udhampur first. From here, you can take NH 144A to cover the remaining distance.
By Rail: To enjoy a rail journey to Srinagar, you can easily find trains from Jammu Tawi or Udhampur Railway station as these are the only two railway stations connected to Srinagar.
Best time for Srinagar Tour:
The most ideal time for planning a trip to Srinagar is from April to October. During this time of the year, the town experiences the days are a bit warm and balmy while the nights are tolerably cool. Furthermore, the place celebrates a plethora of local festivities during this period.
Thrillophilia also arranges affordable holiday packages in Indian destinations such as Kashmir tour packages, Goa tour packages, Kashmir Honeymoon Packages, Andaman tour packages, Himachal tour packages, Rajasthan tour packages, Uttarakhand Tour Packages, Ladakh trip packages, Jaipur Tour Packages, Mount Abu Tour Packages, Ladakh Bike Trip Packages, Udaipur Tour Packages,Jodhpur Tour Packages, Himachal Honeymoon Packages, Manali Honeymoon Packages, Kullu Manali Tour Packages, Shimla Tour Packages,Shimla Honeymoon Packages, Jim Corbett Packages, Mussoorie Packages, Nainital Tour Packages, Rishikesh Tour Packages, Kedarnath Tour Packages, Haridwar Tour packages, Spiti Tour Packages, Auli Tour Packages, Jaisalmer Tour Packages and Manali tour packages, as well as international destinations such as Singapore tour packages, Maldives tour packages, Dubai Tour Packages, Europe Tour Packages, Malaysia tour packages, Switzerland Tour Packages, Thailand tour packages, Bali Tour Packages, Mauritius tour packages, Maldives Resort Packages, Iceland Tour Packages, Seychelles Tour Packages, Sri Lanka tour packages, etc. Our tailor-made itineraries to some of the most fascinating places in India and the world provide you with a chance to travel as per your interests and budget.
Popular Srinagar Tour Packages
|Srinagar Tour Package||3D/2N||₹ 6950.0||4.0 star|
|Family Tour to 3-Jewels of Kashmir||6D/5N||₹ 14030.0||4.0 star|
|Experience Kashmir- A Family Getaway||5D/4N||₹ 11220.0||4.0 star|
|Srinagar Tour with Gulmarg and Pahalgam||4D/3N||₹ 8999.0||4.0 star|
|Romantic Escapade to Kashmir Valley||6D/5N||₹ 15530.0||4.0 star|
People Also Ask About Srinagar Tours
Which are the best houseboats to stay on Srinagar tour?1. Butt’s Clermont Houseboat: Overlooking the Naseem Bagh, this houseboat will provide you with a chance to glance at some of the most scenic views. With its luxury suites and private sitout area, this houseboat becomes the best among others.
2. Royal Dandoo Palace: With authentic Kashmiri decor, this houseboat is for the ones who wish to enjoy some intimate photography sessions. From lakeside sitout areas to tinted windows, this houseboat has it all.
3. Mughal Sheraton: Dotted with luxury furnishings and loaded with some of the most beautiful decor items, the Mughar Sheraton is just the houseboat for you. The rooms here are equipped with all basic necessities and you can hire it at a better price range.
4. Savoy Group of Houseboats: Designed with handmade fabrics and paintings made by its old guests, these houseboats will let you enjoy some of the most beautiful interiors. You will be provided with services like wifi, kitchen as well as power backup.
5. Young Bombay Houseboats: Relish upon the backdrop of snow clad mountains while enjoying the tasteful local cuisine as you stay in the Young Bombay Houseboats. This stay option is not only cozy, but scenically attractive as well.
What are the famous lakes to visit on Srinagar tour?
1. Dal Lake: With lush mountains serving as the backdrop and the water manifesting the reflection of the sky, Dal Lake exhibits sheer beauty and majesty. Spread across an area of around 15 kilometers, it is considered to be Jammu & Kashmir’s second largest lake. While tourists enjoy shikara and houseboat rides on Dal Lake in the summers, they love to do ice skating on the frozen lake during winters.
2. Wular Lake: Spread across an area of around 200 sq. km, Wular Lake is counted among Asia’s largest freshwater lakes. Formed due to tectonic activity, this beautiful lake is considered to be one of India’s 26 wetlands and is fed by the Sutlej river. Wular lake also makes for a home to umpteen varieties of marine creatures and serves as the perfect destination to enjoy water skiing and boating.
3. Manasbal Lake: Enclosed by the Baladar Mountains and the villages of Ganderbal, Kondabal, and Jokbal, Manasbal Lake makes for India’s deepest lake. Forming a paradise for shikara rides, bird watching, and photography, this scenic lake always finds a place in the Srinagar tour packages of nature lovers and peace seekers.
Which are the best places to stay in Srinagar?
1. The Lalit Grand Palace: Flaunting Premium Palace Suites, elegant gardens, a sparkling swimming pool, a world-class bar, an award-winning spa, and excellent in-house restaurants, The Lalit Grand Palace is always included in the Srinagar packages of luxury seekers.
Location: Gupkar Road, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001.
Price: Starts from INR 13,000/night.
2. Heevan Resorts: Lying near the photogenic Dal Lake and encompassed by the majestic Zabarwan Mountains, Heevan Resorts is known for its special arrangements for shikara rides, bonfires, and candle-light dinners.
Location: Gupta Ganga, 190001 Srinagar, India.
Price: Starts from INR 9, 500/night.
3. Jamal Resort: Nestled close to Nageen Lake and Chashme Shahi, Jamal Resort is known for its Swiss style rooms. The main attractions of this resort include its sprawling gardens and magnificent fountain.
Location: JCI Complex, Ishber, Nishat, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 191121.
Price: Starts from INR 2, 300/night.
4. Bloomingdale Cottages: Manifesting a Kashmiri decor, Bloomingdale Cottages lures travelers with its tasteful interiors and rich colours. This resort has gained a lot of popularity for its excellent hospitality and prompt services.
Location: Buchwara - Dalgate Rd, Buchwara, Rainawari, Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir 190001.
Price: Starts from INR 2, 700/night.
What can I buy in Srinagar?
Srinagar is the perfect destination to shop for all kinds of unique Kashmiri products. The most recommended things to buy in Srinagar include:
- Kashmiri carpet
- Walnut wood items
- Kashmiri pashminas
- Kashmiri tea
- Embroidered clothing
- Dry fruits
- Dogra jewelry
- Papier mache artifacts.
Is Srinagar worth visiting?
Yes, Srinagar is totally worth visiting. The brilliant Mughal architecture, magnificent historical ruins, serene lakes, romantic Shikara rides, picturesque gardens, and delicious Kashmiri cuisine, make Srinagar a must-visit destination for every travel enthusiast.
Is Srinagar safe?
Yes, Srinagar is absolutely safe for all kinds of tourists. Since tourism is one of the main sources of revenue of this state, the locals are always ready to help tourists have a smooth experience here. However, it is highly advisable to avoid going to the remote areas of the town and only sticking to the popular tourist attractions.
What food is famous in Srinagar?Srinagar is very much known for Kashmiri cuisine, which consists mostly of non vegetarian items. From Roganjosh to Goshtaba, a wide variety of food can be enjoyed here which is prepared by some excellent chefs using authentic traditional techniques. The fact that most of this food is made without onion and garlic, further makes it more famous.
Other items like Matschgand(minced meatballs), Haakh(green leafy vegetable), Nader Gaad(lotus stems with fishes), Yakhni(anything prepared in white gravy) and Modur Pulov(sweetened rice with dry fruits) are also favourites of locals as well as visitors.
How can I plan a 3-day Srinagar trip?Day 1:
- Upon arrival, book a houseboat and spend the first day exploring the vicinity of Dal Lake.
- You can take a shikara ride during the sunset and end the day having authentic dinner in your houseboat.
Day 2:- Visit the Aru Valley and Sonmarg on the second day and enjoy a day full of fun and delight.- Enjoy horseback riding in Sonmarg and click numerous memorable pictures along the way to Aru Valley via Lidder River.
- Explore local attractions today, including the Mughal Gardens, Tulip Gardens, Matan, Kheer Bhawani Temple and the Shankracharya Mandir.
- You can end your day by a little shopping in local markets or around Dal Lake.
How much does a Srinagar trip cost?The price of Srinagar holiday packages ranges from INR 15,000 to INR 50,000 per person depending upon the inclusions. You can choose from top class luxuries to add into your packages or can just go on a pocket friendly vacation package. All the packages however include your stay, local travel assistance and tours to many famous attractions.
How can I reach Srinagar from Delhi?The best way to travel from Delhi to Srinagar is by air. By doing this, you will not be required to make stops at other locations. Srinagar has its own airport, the Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport which is connected to many other states and cities, therefore being the best way of transportation.
One can easily book flights by Air India and Goa air which run on a daily basis and cover the distance between Delhi to Kashmir in around 5 hours. Alternatively, you can readily find bus and rail services to Udhampur from Delhi, after which you can cover the remaining distance by roads.
What is the best time for boating on the Dal Lake in Srinagar?The months from mid-February to mid-April are considered to be the best time to enjoy boating or shikara riding in the Dal Lake. Around this time, the city experiences the summer season, which means the lake is not frozen. Alternatively, you can also plan a trip around the month of November and December if you wish to enjoy boating along a cracking frozen lake.
Which are the best romantic places to visit on a Srinagar tour?
1. Chatpal: Packed with gushing streams, dense woods, verdant peaks, lush apple orchards, and picturesque walnut plantations, Chatpal is a slice of paradise for the nature lovers. Devoid of commercialization, this scenic destination offers you the true rejuvenation you need from your chaotic city life.
2. Mughal Gardens: With the beautiful Dal Lake forming its background, the picturesque Mughal Gardens is an amazing example of the spellbinding Persian architectural style. This spectacular UNESCO World Heritage site comprises Shalimar Bagh, Nishant Bagh, Verinag Garden, Pari Mahal, Chashme Shahi, and Achabal.
3. Badam Wari: The scenic garden of Badam Wari forms an amazon destination to enjoy a laid-back leisure time, strolling or picnicking with your sweetheart.
This sprawling garden is known popularly for its rich Almond plantations and umpteen varieties of indegenious flora. There is also a covered dome inside the premises of Badam Wari, which has been named after Warris Shah, an Afghan ruler.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Srinagar tour?
1. Residency Road: Packed with a plethora of elegant restaurants and bustling shops, Residency Road always finds a place in the Srinagar tour packages of all the shopaholics and foodies. Tourists visiting this street love to shop for premium quality dry fruits, spices, and Kashmiri handicrafts. They also love to dine in the famous restaurants here including Ahdoos and Cafe de Linz.
2. Lal Chowk: Lal Chowk is visited by a myriad of shopping enthusiasts, who come here at dusk to buy wooden items, Pashmina shawls, and Kashmiri clothing. This place also lets you soak in the spectacular views of the majestic mountains and serene lakes surrounding the open market. This is a must-visit attraction in Srinagar and must be included in your Srinagar tour packages.
3. Mughal Darbar: Serving authentic Kashmiri and Mughlai delicacies, Mughal Darbar is the most recommended place to have dinner at during your Srinagar trip. This budget eatery specializes in Kashmiri Wazwan and Mutton preparations.
4. Nagin Lake: Flanked by picturesque poplar and willow trees, Nagin Lake calls for nature lovers and romance seekers to enjoy an evening shikara ride on its serene waters. While you enjoy riding a shikara here, you can soak in the enchanting views of natural escapades and historical marvels.
What are the most romantic things to do in Srinagar?
1. Enjoy a Shikara ride on Dal Lake: If you are going on a Srinagar trip with your sweetheart, never forget to take a romantic shikara ride on the beautiful Dal Lake. While you float on the azure waters of this lake, you can also bask in the stunning views of the majestic mountains surrounding this place. This activity will make your Srinagar tour even more special!
2. Romance Amidst the Mughal Horticulture at Shalimar Bagh: Pay a visit to the picturesque Shalimar Bagh, built by Jahangir in 1619 for his wife Nur Jahan. While you take a hand-in-hand stroll here with your beloved, let the beauty of the Mughal horticulture strike the chord of romance between you both.
3. Soak in the Scenic Views at Baramulla: Couples who find love in the splendors of nature, should include Baramulla in their Srinagar packages. Owing to its breathtaking bucolic nature, this quaint city will let you bask in the enchanting views of the rolling meadows and mighty mountains.
4. Admire the Mughal Architecture at Kathi Darwaza: Head to the magnificent Kathi Darwaza with your beloved and marvel at the awe-inspiring blend of Persian and Mughal architecture. Forming the entry point to the famous Hari Parbat Fort, this stunning architectural marvel makes for an iconic landmark in itself.
What are the best places to visit in Srinagar with family?
1. Lal Chowk: Translating literally to “Red Square”, Lal Chowk got its name from the Russian revolution-inspired left-wing activists. Featuring the city’s political history, this place presently serves as a vibrant marketplace, selling umpteen varieties of local produce, including dry fruits, jewelry, shawls, and bedsheets.
2. Burzahom Archaeological Site: Known to represent the rich culture of the Neolithic and Megalithic periods, Burzahom Archaeological Site is an UNESCO World Heritage site. This site reveals prehistoric human activities in Kashmir and displays interesting unearthed artifacts including architecture, inscriptions, and artworks of early man.
3. Shankaracharya Temple: Considered to be the most ancient shrine of Kashmir, Shankaracharya Temple is an awe-inspiring architectural marvel. Positioned on a lofty hilltop, at an elevation of around 1100 feet, this temple receives a heavy influx of national and international devotees. You can find Persian scriptures inside this shrine, which have their roots in Shah Jahan’s period of reign.
4. Yusmarg: Covered with a blanket of green pastures, Yusmarg offers a captivating scenic view of snow-covered mountains and Alpine valleys. This place forms an excellent destination to enjoy trekking, hiking, and picnicking.