1. Amman Citadel- The Amman Citadel is a historically important site. It was occupied by many civilizations over the years and is thought to contain numerous archaeological finds, many unexcavated as yet.
2. King Abdullah I Mosque- The elaborately designed King Abdullah I Mosque is instantly recognizable with its blue mosaic dome. It’s open to tourists including non-Muslim visitors.
3. Royal Automobile Museum- The Royal Automobile Museum was built to commemorate the late King Hussein’s interest in cars. Its collection consists of replica vehicles from the 19th century through to the mid 20th century.
4. Roman Theater- Built in the 2nd century and with a seating capacity of 6,000, the Roman theatre is one of the top places to visit in Jordan. The massive structure reflects the architecture of other Roman theatres in the world with a cavea, orchestra and scaenae frons.
5. Tiraz: Widad Kawar Home For Arab Dress- See one of the largest collections of Jordanian, Palestinian and Arab costumes at Tiraz. It boasts over 2,000 costumes from the 19th and 20th centuries.
6. Qasr Al-Abd- A few kilometres from Amman stands Qasr Al-Abd, a Hellenistic palace dating back to 200 BCE. It’s also called the Castle of the Slave.
7. Jordan Archaeological Museum- Put this on your list of places to visit in Jordan. It’s one of the country’s leading archaeological museums housing artefacts from the prehistoric times to the modern period.
8. Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts- Explore some of the best of contemporary art at Jordan National Gallery of Fine Arts. The collection includes modern art from the developing world and other regions.
9. Eat at Al Quds- Pamper your taste buds at Al Quds with Jordanian favourites including sweets. Try the mansaf and muhallabieh.
10. Al Balad – Downtown Amman- A visit to Amman is incomplete without a trip to Al Balad, the old commercial area in the wadi. Check out the souks, historical sites and restaurant serving authentic Jordanian cuisine.
11. Al Hussein Public Parks- Al Hussein Public Parks is a wonderful escape with a landscaped garden, a cultural village and handicraft shops. Spend the day and busy yourself with the attractions.
12. Children's Museum- Kids will love the Children's Museum with its outdoor area, library, exhibitions and Tinker Lab. It also organizes camps with specialized programs.
13. Ola's Garden- Ola's Garden will make you appreciate handcrafted fashion that includes everything from clothing to accessories.
14. Climbat Amman For Outdoor Activities- Climbat Amman is where adventure seekers head to get their fix of adrenaline. It lets you boulder and top rope whether you’re a newbie or a pro.
15. Shopping at The TAJ Mall- Amman is the centre of shopping in Jordan and the TAJ Mall leads the pack. Shop for designer brands and dine at one of the many restaurants.
16. Jabal Al Weibdeh Restaurants- Jabal Al Weibdeh is home to many restaurants. Take your pick from fast food joints and artsy cafes to the best falafel place (Abu Mahjoob) and restaurants serving Arabic cuisine (Beit Sitti).
17. Al-Pasha Turkish Bath Spa- Feel your mind and body relax at Al-Pasha Turkish Bath where you’ll be treated to a rejuvenating session of body scrubs and steam cleaning.
18. Fakhr el-Din Restaurant- Head to Fakhr el-Din Restaurant for an evening of fine dining. The Lebanese establishment offers delicious Levantine cuisine and Arabic desserts.
19. Brisket Restaurant- If you fancy a hearty barbecue, there’s no better place to enjoy it than at Brisket Restaurant. It serves classic BBQ delights like chicken wings and ribs.
21. Rumi Cafe- This is where the trendy young crowd flocks to for the best tea, coffee and eats. Combined with the laid-back ambience, it’s one of the most popular cafes here.
22. Hashem Restaurant- Discover the best Amman street foods at Hashem Restaurant. Falafel, moutabel, hummus – they’re all here!
23. Maestro Music Bar- While you’re in Jabal Al Weibdeh, don’t forget to check out Maesto Music Bar. It hosts live performances and jam sessions to go with an exciting menu of local and international cuisine.
24. Alf Layla Wa Layla Spa- Alf Layla Wa Layla Spa is just the place to relax after a day of sightseeing. Experience a Turkish bath or get a massage to soothe away your stress.
25. Murphy's Pub - House Of Rock- An Irish pub in Amman? Yes! Chill out at the beer garden in Murphy’s Pub and listen to live rock bands.
26. Hands Of Hercules- The Hands of Hercules make you feel like you’ve stepped into ancient Greece where legends were the reality. This massive fragment of a statue is as old as the Roman theatre.