Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About Things To Do in Ajmer
While touring Ajmer there are a number of activities that one can indulge into. Some of the many activities are as follows:
· Camel Safaris - Pushkar, a nearby located town offers an opportunity to admire the beauty of Rajasthan while riding a Camel's back. Pushkar is the host town of the largest Camel Fair in the country. Hence, you can expect the best of camel safari here.
· Visit the Royal Forts of Ajmer - Ajmer houses some of the most beautiful forts in the country. One of them is the beautiful Akbar's Palace. Another fort worth visiting is the famous Taragarh Fort.
· Go for Hiking to Pushkar's Ratnagiri Hills - Ratnagiri hills are located on the southwestern side of a beautiful lake. This hike is around 1.5 km. The top of the hill flaunts a temple named Savitri Temple which is dedicated to Lord Brahma's wife. The beautiful view from the top of the hill is absolutely mesmerizing.
· Visit the beautiful Ana Sagar Lake - This lake is a creation of the ancient twelfth century which imparts mesmerizing views of the beautiful city of Ajmer. There are two beautiful gardens located around named Daulat Bagh as well as Subash Bagh. Tourists can take walks in these gardens, view the beautiful sunset, take boating rides and enjoy to the core.
· Visit the Shrine Dargah of Moinuddin Chishti - The prime place for sightseeing in Ajmer. This religious pilgrimage place is world famous and is visited by innumerable tourists each year.
· Take a Hot Air Balloon ride in Pushkar - Pushkar is a small town that offers an opportunity of admiring the royal Rajasthan while dwelling in a hot air balloon.
· Camping in Pushkar - While touring Ajmer you can take a camping trip in Pushkar.
You can take the following camping tours while in Ajmer.
· Bikamp Pushkar Camp, Pushkar
· Pushkar Karni Camp, Pushkar
· Royal Lucky Camp, Pushkar
· Teerth Camp Pushkar, Pushkar
· Mango Tree Camp Resort, Ajmer
· The Narayan Resort, Pushkar
· Heritage camps, Pushkar
· Colonels Camp, Ajmer
Ajmer is located in Rajasthan and offers an opportunity to take the adventure-filled desert safaris. These Camel Safaris are massively practiced in the region. One can take up these safaris from and to various remote areas of the surroundings. There is provision for taking these safaris to various villages and nearby towns. While touring with the desert safaris you can also camp around and have a fine taste of the culture of Rajasthan. Therefore, to have an in-depth knowledge of Ajmer, its culture, the beautiful surroundings as well the people it is recommended that you surely take up a desert safari.
Pushkar is a small town which can be reached within 30 minutes to 45 minutes from Ajmer. The driving distance from Ajmer to Pushkar is 16 kilometers whereas the aerial distance between Ajmer and Pushkar is 10 kilometers.
Pushkar is a renowned tourist destination and is popular for the Pushkar Camel Fair that is hosted each year in the months of Kartika Purnima as per the Hindu Calendar. It features a massive trading fete of horses, camels as well as cattle and goes on for seven long days. It attracts almost two hundred thousand tourists each year from all across the globe.
The dargah of Moinuddin Chishti also popularly known as Ajmer Sharif Dargah as well as Ajmer Sharif, is a renowned international waqf.
· Location - It is located in Ahmedabad House of Diggi Bazaar's Khadim Mohalla of Ajmer in Rajasthan.
Ajmer is a well-connected tourist place in Rajasthan. Therefore, while visiting the place, you can explore quite a lot of other beautiful destinations as well as pilgrimage places via road trips. Some of the few options are as follows:
· Delhi - 405.0 km via NH48
· Chittorgarh - 197.2 km via NH 48 and Ajmer Rd
· Pushkar - 15.8 km via NH58
· Jaipur - 135.0 km via NH48
· Udaipur - 264.5 km via NH58
· Jodhpur - 208.5 km via NH25 and NH58
· Nathdwara - 220.5 km via NH58
· Salasar Dham - 186.9 km via RJ SH 7
· Bhilwara - 140.6 km via NH 48 and Ajmer Road
· Bhangarh - 220.1 km via NH48
· Pali - 170.4 km via Beawar - Pindwara Road and NH58
While visiting Ajmer you can take an exciting and thrilling camel safari. These camel safaris are extremely popular in Rajasthan especially the Ajmer-Pushkar region. You can take such thrilling safaris in the sand dunes of the massive desert regions of Ajmer. These camel safaris can also be taken from or to Pushkar.
· Camel riding tour from or to Pushkar
· Camel riding tour from or to Mandawa
· Camel riding tour from or to Jaisalmer
· Camel riding tour from or to Nagaur
You can also be a part of the yearly Camel Fair of Pushkar which is a massive event to enjoy Camel Riding amidst other fun activities.
Trekking is an activity that you can practice while visiting Ajmer. The surrounding of Ajmer offers the following trekking options:
· Madar Tekri Trek - 4.93 miles located near Ajmer
· Hiking to the Taragarh Fort from Ajmer Shariff
· Trekking to Foy Sagar Ajaypal Vishwamitra Asharam - 19.5 miles located close to Ajmer
Nearby Getaways from Ajmer
More Things to do in Ajmer
Other Listings in Ajmer