1. Jaisalmer Fort: Jaisalmer Fort is popularly known as Golden Fort as it is made up of yellow colored sandstone that reflects golden hues. It is one of the must visit places in Jaisalmer for someone who has got a high regard for the history and heritage of India. If you wish to see the best views of this place, you should come over in the evening hours when the fort is completely lit and glowing.
Location: Fort Road, Near Gopa Chowk, Amar Sagar Pol, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001.
Timings: Early morning till 5 pm.
Prices: INR 50 for domestic, INR 250 for others.
2. Patwon Ki Haveli: Patwon ki Haveli was constructed by Guman Chand who happens to be one of the prominent traders of the city in the bygone times. The haveli is very much popular for its intricately carved massive suites.
The walls of the haveli are beautifully adorned with traditional artworks. This place is a must visit for all kinds of travelers and history geeks. One would definitely fall in love with the architectural style and detailed inscriptions shaped by the talented artisans.
Location: Patwon ki Haveliyan, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001.
Timings: 8 am to 6 pm.
Prices: INR 10 for domestic, INR 50 for others.
3. Salim Singh Ki Haveli: Salim Singh ki Haveli is one of the most sought after landmarks in Jaisalmer that offers scenic views of the city. The key attraction of this haveli is its roof that is carved in the form of a peacock.
The entrance of the haveli is made of sand stones that are beautifully carved by artisans of the bygone era, which speaks of its own unique language. This haveli is also known as Jahaz Mahal as the frontal part resembles a ship stern. The haveli was constructed by Salim Singh in the year 1815 with almost 38 balconies to lose the track of time and space for visitors.
Location: Amar Sagar Pol, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001.
Timings: 8 am to 5 pm.
4. Sam Sand Dunes: Sam Sand Dunes in Jaisalmer can be considered as a place that is widely famous for its thrilling camel safari. This place offers a vast expanse of sandy soil and sandy crests that welcomes visitors to explore the troughs and terrains of sand dunes on a camel or jeep safari.
In the evening hours, you can indulge in campfires and barbeque activities with your loved ones enjoying the traditional folk music and dances. It is one such place in Jaisalmer where you can enjoy overnight stays in tented campsites.
Location: Sam Sand Dunes Near Sam Toll Barrier, Right Side On Sam Road, Rajasthan 345001.
Timings: Open 24 hours.
5. Gadisar Lake: Gadisar Lake was built by Raja Rawal Jaisal to meet the water requirements of Jaisalmer city in the bygone era. The lake is surrounded by beautiful chhatris, holy shrines, and places of worship to create an ambience for a romantic retreat for love birds.
This is one of the best places in Jaisalmer that tourists love to visit for a round of boating in the winter season. The key attraction of this place is the beautifully carved entrance gate that is designed by yellow sandstone.
Location: Near Tilon Ki Gate, Near Jaisalmer Fort, Jaisalmer 345001, India.
6. Desert National Park: Desert national park can be considered as one of the top places in Jaisalmer for a wildlife encounter. It is one of India’s largest animal habitats that is home to a wide range of unique flora and fauna that are typical to the habitat of desert. The national park was established by Rawal Jaisal in the year 1156 AD.
The national park is spread over a large area offering an insight into the vegetation, animals, and birds of typical desert. The best time to visit this place would be during sunrise and sunset to spot desert animals, birds, and reptiles. The key attractions of this place are magnificent landscape, migratory birds, extinct lakes, and tiger spotting.
Location: Near Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer 345001, India.
Timings: 10 am to 5 pm.
Prices: INR 100 per person.
7. Sadar Bazaar: Sadar Bazaar can be considered as a place in Jaisalmer that takes forward the legacy of the traditional artisanship. This place is very much famous for its puppets, jewellery, trinkets, and handicraft items. A visit to this place will surely be a treat for your eyes.
The key attractions of this place are clothing, rugs, puppets, handicrafts, jewelry, shawls and many more items infused with the ethnicity of Rajasthan. You can try out your bargaining skills to lock a better deal.
Location: Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001.
8. Silk Route Art Gallery: Silk Route Art Gallery is a heritage gallery that offers an amazing range of local handicraft items, clothes, patchworks, accessories, antiques and a lot of other products. You will truly fall in love with the rich culture and vibrancy of this place.
The local artisans and craftsmen strive to create magic with the traditional artforms. Visiting this place, you will also get a chance to witness the processing of weaving magical threads. You can also purchase a wide range of traditional items like wall hangings, mud pots, and oil lamps at very reasonable rates.
Location: Kalakar Colony, Patwa Haveli Road, Malka Pol,, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001.
Timings: 7 am to 8 pm.
9. Sonaron Ka Baas: If you were looking out for a great street market experience then this is the place. Sonaron Ka Bass happens to be a prominent market in Jaisalmer that is known for its intricately designed jewellery shops.
You will be able to get an extensive range of jewelry options made up of semi precious and precious stones at this place. The items available at this place will surely be a great pick to carry home as a souvenir or gift for any close family member.
Location: Sunaaron ka Baas, Jaisalkot, Jaisalmer.
Timings: 10 am to 6 pm.