Hampta Pass Trek Highlights
- Gateway in the Mountain - Hampta Pass, is a wide passage offers breathtaking view of Pir Panjal range.
- Mesmerise the beauty of Chandra Tal Lake which is shaped as a crescent moon situated in the centre of Chandrabhaga and Moulkila mountains
- The changing view of mixed forest of pine, green maple and birch trees during the drive to Jobra will leave you in an awe!
- Witness the three passes – Hampta Pass, Spiti, and Rohtang Pass in one single trek.
- The contrast between Kullu and Lahaul valley while trekking to pass with desert view and lush green view on each side is worth seeing.
Hampta Pass Trek Overview
About Hampta Pass Trekking -
Hampta pass is elevated at an altitude of 14,100 Ft, surrounded by dense forest, snow bridges, and meadows which make Hampta Pass Trekking more exciting and thrilling to embark on. It is located amidst the green valleys and the magnificent view of a different world below, the beautiful yet deserted Lahaul. It is a confluence of three paths – Hampta Pass, Spiti, and Rohtang Pass and the green paradise will accompany you to achieve the height of about 14,100ft. Doing the pass crossing, even without the scenery changes, is a great story of adventure. Pass through the massive rocks cuddling your way and capture the glowing snow-clad mountains.
Quick facts about Hampta Pass Trekking:
Maximum Altitude: 14,100ft
Trekking Distance: 35kms
Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate
Temperature Range :13 to 18 degree Celsius in the day time and it falls into 0 to 7 degree Celsius at night.
Best time to travel : Mid June - September
Nearest railway station : Joginder nagar railway station [163 kms from manali ]
Nearest airport : Kullu Manali Airport [ 50 kms from manali ]
ATM: You will find ATMs in Manali.
Start Point/End Point: Manali Base Camp
How to Reach Manali :
By Road: Manali is well connected to Delhi. Take an overnight bus from Delhi and you will reach Manali in 12 ‐ 14 hours(approx 540 KMS).
Tip: Since Delhi- Manali is a long journey most Volvo private buses leave Delhi between 5 pm and 6 pm. The last govt bus leaves at 8.30 pm from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Volvo buses charge between Rs.1,000 to 1,400 per sector from Delhi to Manali and vice versa. Manali to Delhi: Like the onward journey, buses leave from Manali to Delhi between 4 and 5 p.m. Your tentative arrival at Delhi may be anywhere between 6 a.m and 10 a.m. Plan your onward journeys only post noon giving enough buffer for bus delays.
By Train: The nearest Railway station is Joginder Nagar railway station 163 km from Manali, Ambala (350 km), and Chandigarh (310 kms). Tip: Regular Volvo and Buses are available from Chandigarh to Manali in the evening. Volvo buses charges between Rs.700 to Rs.1,000 per sector from Chandigarh to Manali and vice versa
By Air: Nearest Airport is Kullu Manali airport in Buntar is 50 Kms. Bhuntar, which is 52 km away from Manali, is the nearest airport. Taxi services are available from Bhuntar to Manali, which costs about Rs.700‐ Rs.1,000. Bhuntar is well connected to Delhi by air. The airlines that take you to this Airport are Indian Airlines, operating flights from Delhi and Chandigarh to Kullu.
Best Time For Hampta Pass Trekking:
The best time for Hampta Pass trek is from Mid-June to Mid-October. There are chances to witness some snow on the high passes in the early days of the season and then it melts down completely by August. Rain is expected during the monsoons in Kullu-Manali valley but in Spiti, the sun will be bright as usual.
Hampta Pass Trekking Inclusions:
➔ All Veg Meals from Lunch on Day 1st to Breakfast on Day 5th.
➔04 Night Tented accommodations on triple sharing basis.
➔Morning, evening tea served with light snacks while on Trek.
➔Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
➔Transfer cost from Manali Base Camp to trekking point – Jobra on Day 1
➔Transfer cost from Chatru to Chandratal/Manali Base Camp on Day 4 and Day 5
➔All fees and permits for Indians are included.
➔Basic First Aid Medical kits with Oxygen cylinder and Oxi Meter.
➔Qualified and experienced Leader and support staff.
Available Group Departures:
• June: 19, 20, 26, 27
• July: 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
• Aug: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15. 21, 22, 28, 29
• Sep: 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25, 26
• Oct: 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
More Details about Hampta Pass Trek
Know Before You Go for Hampta Pass Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for this trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Pay heed to the trek leader and guide in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
Things To Carry for Hampta Pass Trek
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Head torch
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Walking stick
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Waterproof windcheater