Things to Do in Kuala Lumpur
37. Canopy Walk at FRIM - Of the very many things to do in Malaysia, we recommend a peaceful canopy walk at the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM). Blooming with lush green rainforests and diverse flora and fauna, the canopy walk is suspended between trees, approximately 30 meters from ground level and offers a panoramic view of the rainforests and Kuala Lumpur.
38. Micro Light Flying - Experience the electrifying microlight flying activity in Kuala Lumpur that is a promising adventure sport. It'll make you fly and glide in the skies! Enjoy the scenic landscapes as the cool winds caress your mind and soul. Fly like a bird in the blue skies with this unique experience!
39. Firefly Tour with Dinner - The firefly tour is one of the best-known attractions in Kuala Lumpur. Locally known as ‘kelip-kelip’, fireflies are incandescent bugs that emit bright light from their abdomen. Enjoy a glittering firefly experience coupled with dinner with the firefly tour.
40. Segway Ride Lake Park - The Segway Ride tour is an energizing eco-fun ride that covers an expansive 10 km sightseeing route. It is for the environment admirers who desire to partake a rejuvenating experience in and around the Lake Gardens while making stops to visit animals and scenic spots.
41. Genting Highland Skyway Cable Car - Touted as the 'best way to go to the top', the Genting Highland Skyway cable car experience is one that is surely not to be missed! The gondola-style cable car offers incredible views of the landmarks in Kuala Lumpur.
42. Hot Air Ballooning - Soar with the wind with a hot air balloon ride and revel in the gorgeous flight experience that offers spectacular and adrenaline-lifting views of Kuala Lumpur. An unforgettable experience in itself, take this memorable adventure up!
43. Cooking Classes at Bayan Indah
44. Fish Spa - A Fish Spa reflexology is not unheard of. While in Kuala Lumpur, experience this refreshing foot spa treatment that'll leave you with soft and hygienic feet. More than what a pumice stone can do, let the fishes nibble on your feet and leave them shining clean!
45. Off The Eaten Track -Food Tour - Discover the best of local food and delicacies with food tours in Kuala Lumpur. Take up walking tours in small groups and experience the cuisine that Malaysia has to offer! Food tasting and beyond, the best is only unexplored when you step out and experiment.
46. Kampong Village Tour - If nature, history and culture excite you together, then the Kampong Village tour is for you! Known for its tea production, the village is reachable via a forest trek and a trail passing through tea and coffee plantations. Wooden cottages amidst the mountains, catch the insights of rural Malaysia with this village tour! Bonus: The villagers offer homestays and do not shy away from conversations.
47. Wild River Tubing - Wild river tubing is an adventure-packed activity that promises loud whooping and cheering! Discover this thrilling water sport in Kuala Lumpur where you'll ride on tubes that free float in river waters and meet with water splashing and fun and nothing less!
48. Dine at Tamarind Springs - A delectably gorgeous dining getaway, Tamarind Springs in Kuala Lumpur is the dining experience that'll leave you wanting for more! Authentic Indochinese cuisine to tease your taste buds, the restaurant pulls you away from the hustle and bustle of the city and serves you in a serene verdant environment. The flavours are strong and we're totally recommending!
49. Bukit Tabur Hiking - Adventure awaits with the Bukit Tabur hiking! Known to be an intensely invigorating hike, the Bukit Tabur promises a splendid view from the top! The climb is challenging and rocky, but, the weather and the views are breathtakingly gorgeous! The locals and experts quote, the sunrise and sunset views are not to be missed from this viewpoint!
Things to Do in Penang
50. Escape Adventureplay Theme park - Fascinated by adventure seekers, Escape Adventureplay theme park in Penang defines new-age outdoor activities with engaging recreations like zip lines, climbing towers and high rope courses. Leisure activities that cater to every age group, the theme park is eco-conscious by design and enchants the visitors with gaming and more.
51. Penang National Park Hike - Known as one of the easiest hiking trails, the Penang National Park hike bewitches the visitors! While the trails in the park are easy to follow, be all set to witness rats, lizards, snakes, birds and bats in their wild forms. Fun to experience, the national park is a new addition to Malaysia's attractions.
52. Adventure Zone Theme Park - For adults and children alike, the Adventure Zone Theme Park in Penang calls you! A fully equipped indoor facility, experience and engage with modular play equipment and drop slides. A family-oriented entertainment centre, enjoy snacks and gaming together under one roof here.
53. Butterfly Farm - One of the most popular tourist destinations in Penang, the Butterfly Farm enjoys such fame given its wide and colorful diversity of butterflies, insects and reptiles. The Farm enjoys international repute and is dedicated to protecting the natural habitat of these organisms. Visit the Butterfly Farm in Penang for a flamboyant experience.
54. Ferry Ride to Butterworth - Ferry rides have their own aesthetic charm they say. Travellers say the ferry ride to Butterworth is immensely breathtaking during the night hours. (Read: town lighting). Relax and soak in the cool breeze while your ferry sails you smoothly.
55. Jet-Skiing - Hitting the beach and no sound of water sports? That isn't quite adventurous. Plan to take up a jet-skiing in Penang where you can have fun in the shimmering blue ocean waters and enjoy other water leisure activities.
56. Batu Ferringhi Beach - While you're in Penang, we recommend visiting the Batu Ferringhi Beach, which is one of the best things to do in Malaysia. With soft white sand and a beach full of the whimsical jellyfishes, travellers suggest taking light strolls on the beach and watching the sun go down. Quite magical they say.
57. Visit Penang Interactive Museum - While in Penang, a visit to the Penang interactive museum is quite an indulging activity to do. A place that's creatively designed to entertain youngsters, adults and kids, it requires visitors to understand particular angles to click pictures creatively. Colourful pictures on the walls and floors are designed and require human interaction for clicking memorable pictures.
58. Visit Kek Lok Si Temple - The Kek Lok Si Temple is a legendary Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia that is a picturesque stop for pagodas, prayers halls, bell towers and a tortoise pond! It is a renowned temple in Penang we recommend visiting for awakening spirituality.
Things to Do in Kota Kinabalu
59. Scuba Diving - While in Kota Kinabalu, scuba diving is a must-try we say. With daily diving and snorkelling trips, explore the diverse marine life in underwater with expert professional guides and undertake a refreshingly memorable experience.
60. Paragliding - Paragliding brings you the closest to flying like a bird. A free and heartening sport, paragliding will leave you with butterflies in your stomach.A sense of freedom, a sense of achievement, experience paragliding at its best in Kota Kinabalu.
61. Climb Mt. Kinabalu - A challenging climb and a test of your mental and physical abilities, the climb to Mt Kinabalu is popular given that it is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. With beautiful sceneries to drink in, this climb gives you a great workout and spectacular memories and pictures to last for a lifetime.
62. Mountain Biking - Go cycling and traverse through this adventurous mountain biking trip that brings you up-close with rivers, jungle plantations, riverside villages and coastal plains. Adventure enthusiasts who wish to explore a unique mountain biking experience, this trip is for you.
63. Mari Mari Cultural Village Tour - Step back from the modern civilizations and explore the traditional lifestyle and culture of the Mari-Mari Cultural Village with a tour. Discover the customs of farmers, fishermen and villagers. Take the spellbinding ride amidst tranquil green interiors for the Mari-Mari cultural village.
64. Fly Fish - Experience the sport of fishing locally in Kota Kinabalu, as it only gets more adventurous here. Fly fishing is different from customary fishing where an artificial fly is used to catch fishes. Partake this local sport, it's time for fly-fishing.
65. Ziplining - If you're someone who loves taking on a risky adventure sport, then the zipline tour awaits you in Kota Kinabalu. Organised between two islands, ziplining offers a thrilling view of the surrounding landscapes, something you'd have never experienced before.
66. Gaya Island Jungle Trekking - The Gaya Island Jungle Trekking is an excellent trek that teaches navigation, jungle survival skills, natural medicines & their usage and identifying diverse trees, plants and animal species. Spread across 4 kilometres approximately, we recommend experiencing these forces of nature.
67. Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre - A rehabilitation centre that caters to the playful species - Orangutans, this is a visit we recommend for experiencing orangutans in their natural habitat. A popular tourist spot, you can watch the apes being fed bananas and milk here. Orphaned orangutans are housed with supervision in this rehab centre.
Things to Do in Malacca
68. Visit A Famosa Fort - A Portuguese Fort and one of the oldest surviving European architectural ruins, the Famosa Fort is a popular touristy historical attraction. Built by the Portuguese and destroyed by the British, the fort is best visited during the morning time!
69. Jonker Street - One of the best things to do in Malaysia is to visit the Jonker Street in Malacca. A place for clothing, craft outlets and restaurants, The Jonker Street is a fancy among bargain hunters and vintage collectors. A blend of traditional and urban attractions, it reflects Malacca's and Malaysia's cultural and colourful lifestyle and history.
70. Menara Taming Sari - The tale behind Menara Taming Sari's popularity is its revolving structure that offers a 360-degree panoramic view of Malacca town and interesting sights like the St.Paul’s Hill, Independence Memorial Building, Samudra Museum, Flor De La Mar, Dataran Pahlawan, Pulau Selat Mosque, Pulau Besar and the Straits of Melaka.
71. Visit Melaka Sultanate Palace - With an excellent architecture, this 7-tiered palace is one of its kind in Malaysia as it provides exceptional glimpses of the ancient Malay kingdom which once thrived in Malacca. The palace is a reflectance of history and the glorious past, a must visit we say!
72. Malacca River Cruise - Going by the name, the Malacca river cruise is a pleasant and relaxing river cruising activity. Experience Malacca and its serenity in a leisure and comfortable river cruise as you sail smoothly!
73. Melaka Zoo & Night Safari - The Melaka Zoo is spread offers an amazing insight into the wildlife and its conservation. A recreational activity in Malacca, enjoy an incredible zoo experience with grassy surroundings and tropical vegetation.
74. Visit Melaka Crocodile Farm - The Melaka Crocodile Farm is an adventurous place to explore, given the alligator ponds, reptile house, mammals house, walkthrough aviary, amusement park and herb garden there. The farm is home to over 100 species of crocodiles and is a popular tourist destination.
Things to Do in Cameron Highland
75. Visit Boh Plantation - Promising scenic views, tranquillity and fresh breeze all around, the Boh Plantations in Cameron Highlands are a must visit place if you want to explore nature. These plantations are the largest tea plantation in Southeast Asia that is spread over 8000 acres of land.
76. Lavender Gardens - Lavender Gardens is a new attraction to Cameron Highlands & they're one of the touristy things to do in Malaysia. Coupled with Lavender, visitors can explore species of flowers like peonies, yellow daisies, gerberas and camellias. It's purely a flower heaven.
77. Mossy Forest Hike - There's no stopping to Cameron Highlands delighting the visitors! One other popular attraction here is the Mossy Forest and hiking adventure activity there that promises natural breathtaking views, fresh air and serenity. The forest hike can be done via multiple trails present in the forest.
78. Thompson Falls - The sight of the Thompson Falls in Cameron Highlands is wonderfully refreshing. These waterfalls can be seen from the road from a viewing point when passing by and work as a great photo-op.
79. Honey Bee Farms - Cameron Highlands assure an unforgettable travel experience for every visitor. Visiting the honey bee apiaries can be an educational visit and one can know more about the life cycle of bees and the process of honey production here.
80. Time Tunnel Museum - The Time Tunnel Memorabilia has been a tourist attraction in Cameron Highlands for nearly a decade. The museum showcases a historical timeline gallery of the Cameron Highlands. It also showcases other prized collections.
81. Agro Technology Park in MARDI - The Agro Technology Park in Mardi is segregated into areas like the English Garden, Herb Garden, Orchid Garden, Rose Garden, research centre and an information centre. Tourists can purchases souvenirs from this place.
82. Sam Poh Temple - Located in Brinchang in Cameron Highlands, the temple is built on a hill and proffers a spectacular view of the Brinchang town. It is the largest Buddhist temple in the country and has a beautiful statue of Lord Buddha.
83. Mount Batu Brinchang - Mount Batu Brinchang is the tallest mountain in Cameron Highlands and stands tall at a height of 6666 ft. The mountain can be seen from anywhere in Cameron Highlands. The watchtower at the peak of the mountain provides an incredible view of towns, valleys and mountains.
84. Cactus Valley - The Cactus Valley boasts of having a diverse variety of cactus plants. These plants are as old as 60 years and more. A rich diversity of roses, calla lily impatiens, fuchsia, ananas, camellia, hibiscus, rhododendron, bird of paradise, glory bush, Clivia miniata, peaches and more can be easily spotted here.
Things to Do in Ipoh
85. Gopeng Rainforest White Water Rafting - In the lush green Gopeng rainforests, experience the thrill of white water river rafting on the Kampar river. A bio-diverse environment, admire the scenic rainforests and raft in the pristine river waters in Ipoh.
86. Trek Up Kledang Hill - Standing tall at 800 meters, the Bukit Kledang Hill in Ipoh is popular for trekking where multiple jungle trails lead to different locations on the hill. Experience the thrill of trekking up this hill and discovering marvel panoramic views.
87. Visit Qing Xin Ling Leisure and Cultural Village - While in Ipoh, do not miss one the scenic landmarks, the Qing Xin Ling Leisure and Cultural Village. A manmade cultural village, the place is a great one for family gathering and outing with friends.
88. Lost World of Tambun - The Lost World Of Tambun is a wholesome adventure destination. This wonderland is surrounded by tropical jungles, natural hot water springs and eco-fun thrills. With an array of attractions and rides inside its walls, this destination is a must-visit we say.
89. Visit Kellie’s Castle - The fame of the Kellie's Castle lies in its unfinished business. The half-done castle of William Kellie Smith, a Scottish planner bears a beautiful exterior and delightful interiors. Come explore the secret exit tunnels, the wine cellar, bedrooms and scenic rooftop views from this castle.
Things to Do in Kuching
90. Sarawak River Cruise - Discover Kuching in Malaysia from a new perspective with the Sarawak river cruise. Offering a luxurious and pleasurable cruising experience, the cruise ride is purely tranquil and cruises smoothly on river waters. Experience serenity at its best with this one.
91. Bamboo Rafting - Bamboo rafting in Kuching is a thrilling experience that one must opt for. Rafting and kayaking give you unforgettable memories! Floating above the water and using natural bamboo rafts are the speciality here that make this adventure activity popular.
92. Skydiving - It takes courage and a heart of steel to take a freefall from an aircraft! There's no turning back, once you make a jump! A pure adrenaline rush guaranteed, experience the speed and take a dive with skydiving in Kuching.
93. Kayaking - Explore pristine wilderness of rainforests and river waters with Kayaking in Kuching. Encounter with wildlife and sail smoothly amongst lush nature while having an adventurous ride for a lifetime. A popular sport that's rejuvenating, experience it in Kuching.
94. Jong's Crocodile Farm & Zoo - Visitors at the Jong's Crocodile Farm & Zoo can experience a spectacular retreat at the crocodile farm where they get to see a diverse wildlife other than the crocodiles. Take a free walk among monkeys, leopard-cats, pheasants, barking deer's, sambar deer's, turtles and more.
95. Kubah National Park - With crystal clear streams, small waterfalls and bathing pools, the Kubah National Park is house to varied wildlife. The appeal of this place lies in its scenic rainforest views in coupled with wildlife and water streams. A refreshing getaway, the Kubah National Park can be done as an enjoyable day trip.
96. The Great Orangutan Project - The most fascinating and enchanting species of Malaysia, Orangutans are the focus of the Great Orangutan Project. The focus lies on conservation efforts for these great apes who are an endangered species.
Things to Do in Langkawi
97. Mangrove Safari - Explore the flourishing mangroves of Langkawi in a boat safari. Ride through the dense flora and fauna and cover floating fish farms. Explore bats in the caves, tree climbing fishes, otters and other diverse organisms.
98. Underwater World Langkawi - Pronounced as one of the top attractions in Langkawi, the underwater world is a house to birds and animals found in tropical rainforests and is an educational world to those interested in marine life.
99. Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls - The local stories say that the Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls are home to fairies. Well, you'll have to experience it to believe it. These waterfalls are a popular natural attraction in Langkawi and perhaps one of the best things to do in Malaysia.
100. Natural Salt Water Jacuzzi - Natural saltwater hot springs are a rare phenomenon as opposed to fresh hot water springs. Langkawi is blessed with these natural saltwater springs at the Air Hangat Village which serves as a major and the only tourist attraction in the village.
101. Pulau Payar Marine Park - South of Langkawi, the Pulau Payar Marine Park is a spectacular retreat for those desirous of swimming, snorkelling and scuba diving. You can experience the marine life and alluring corals, which are quite a treat to the eyes.