Popular Mahabaleshwar Packages
|5 Days 4 Nights||₹ 15600|
|3 Days 2 Nights||₹ 8000.0|
|5 Days 4 Nights||₹ 17999|
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 10299|
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 11200|
Mahabaleshwar tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Mahabaleshwar holidays packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Mahabaleshwar vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
If you are planning a trip to the spectacular hill station of Mahabaleshwar, remember to check out our all-new Mahabaleshwar packages that promise to offer you the best exploration tour of this dreamy destination. Our tastefully crafted packages let you make use of your trip duration wisely and utilize each moment in creating happy memories amidst the wilderness of this scenic hill town.
From offering you the opportunity to explore the best kept attractions of Mahabaleshwar to allowing you to indulge in the available fun activities, our packages do not only let you enjoy your trip, but also make the most out of your vacation with your near and dear ones.
At Thrillophilia, our travel experts take care to plan the Mahabaleshwar tours keeping in mind the requirements of every kind of traveler. No matter if you are a honeymooner, a family vacationer, or a business traveler, you can get your tour customized by us for a hassle-free, convenient, and more individualized tour. Once you book your tour with us, every aspect of your trip will be taken care of by our streamlined package, including food, stay, and sightseeing.
When you book your Mahabaleshwar tour packages with us, we assure you the best available price. All our packages are priced keeping in mind the budget and affordability of every traveler. Moreover, we constantly offer special coupons and offers to our customers when they book their tours with us.
People Also Ask About Mahabaleshwar Tours
What are the places to visit on the Mahabaleshwar Tour?1. Venna Lake: Famed across Mahabaleshwar for its serene boating experience, Venna Lake is the perfect place for embracing tranquillity. This manmade lake was constructed by Satara’s ruler, Shri Appasaheb Maharaj who was known as the descendant of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
Apart from the picturesque views, Venna offers horse riding, rides for children, an array of food stalls serving Chowpatty food, along with rowboats, and paddle boats ride for the visitor’s enjoyment.
- Location: Mahabaleshwar-Panchgani Main Road, it is 2 km away from the main market of Mahabaleshwar.
- Price: There is no entry fee for visiting the lake.
- Timings: 7 am to 7 pm.
2. Mahabaleshwar Temple: Craving for a calm religious escape? You ought to visit Mahabaleshwar Temple. Nestled among hilly terrains, the temple is home to Lord Shiva and other deities. Here, you will come across a 6 feet long Shiva lingam depicting the stone incarnation of Lord Shiva.
In the 16th century, Mahabaleshwar temple was constructed by the Chanda Rao More dynasty. The place follows the South Indian architectural style known as Hemadant. The temple is divided into two sections – an inner part known as the sanctum sanctorum and the outer part which includes unique structures.
Location: Old Mahabaleshwar, it is 6 km away from the central city.
Price: No entry fee required.
Timings: 6 am to 7 pm.
3. Elphinstone Point: Elphinstone Point is a classic of nature's beauty of Mahabaleshwar, with views of it from across the city. You will get a splendid sight of the Pratapgarh Fort, Koyna Valley, and the nearby plains of Sahyadri Range. The backdrop of stunning flora serves as the best spot for clicking some Instagram worthy photographs.
Discovered by Dr Murray in 1830, this marvellous beauty is known as one of the highest points in Mahabaleshwar. Also, it is named after then Governor of Mumbai Presidency, Mountstuart Elphinstone.
- Location: Short distance from Mahabaleshwar Main Market.
- Price: Not required.
- Timings: 9 am to 6 pm.
4. Pratapgarh Fort: Mahabaleshwar is dotted with majestic edifices and Pratapgarh Fort is no exception. Tucked amidst the Sahyadri range, the fort is situated at an elevation of about 3500 feet from the ground. Also, you will spot four lakes within the fort serving as an attractive spot for tourists. Here, you will also spot a watchtower beside the main entrance, a grand statue of Shivaji Maharaj, and a Bhawani temple at the top of the fort. Additionally, Pratapgarh fort is a famous cultural heritage centre of Mahabaleshwar.
- Location: At Poladpur on Mahabaleshwar Road.
- Price: Entry is free.
- Timings: 10 am to 6 pm.
5. Koyna Valley Trek: When it comes to Mahabaleshwar tour packages, Koyna Valley Trek tops the list. Surrounded by pristine waters and shady dense forest, Koyna is the favourite weekend spot of adventure enthusiasts. From India’s largest hydroelectric dam to numerous gigantic peaks, Koyna Valley has conquered it all. From cherishing the view of gushing water to savouring the tropical weather, the valley is an epitome of beauty and thrill.
- Location: At Koynanagar of Satara district.
- Price: Entry fee is Rs 5.
- Timings: 9 am to 9 pm.
6. Mapro Gardens: One of the most integral parts of Mahabaleshwar packages, a visit to Mapro Gardens is a must. Perfect for a family outing, tourists often visit this place to observe the production of delicious strawberries. Mapro Garden has a lush green set up all around and includes a little nursery, a restaurant, a chocolate factory, and a separate play area for kids as well. Moreover, the garden is maintained by a food processing company known as Mapro.
- Location: Gureghar of Panchgani in Mahabaleshwar Road.
- Price: Entry is free.
- Timings: 8 am to 8 pm.
7. Panch Ganga Temple: Explore the glorious Panch Ganga Temple with Thrillophilia’s exquisite Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages. This magnificent edifice stands tall at the convergence of five rivers – River Krishna, Koyna, Gayatri, Savitri, and Veena.
Built-in the 13th century, a Yadava King, Singhandeo was behind Panch Ganga’s establishment. The temple houses a stone water spout which is believed as the origin point for the five rivers. And, the ancient wonders and beliefs have named this point as Gaumukhi.
- Location: Old Mahabaleshwar.
- Price: Entry is free.
- Timings: 5 am to 12 noon and 4 pm to 9 pm.
8. On Wheelz: An enthralling addition to Mahabaleshwar Packages is the On Wheelz Amusement Park. Your go-to spot this summer, this place is the perfect option for holidaying with your family and friends whilst enjoying adventurous rides. From octopus rides to the Ferris wheel, On Wheelz also offer a quick visit to indoor games, a horror house, and an amazing food joint.
- Location: Kudal Road in Panchgani.
- Price: The entry will cost INR 50 while Adult package and Child package will cost INR 450 and INR 350 respectively.
- Timings: 10 am to 7 pm.
9. Chinaman’s Falls: When it comes to Mahabaleshwar Holiday Packages, Chinaman’s Falls can’t be left behind. The waterfall is an epitome of natural beauty. Here, you will come across the gushing water cascading down into the river. The fall is named after the Chinese prison nearby. The best time to visit Chinaman’s Falls is after the monsoon ends, i.e., after September. The flow will be on its peak and the flora around the fall would blossom up.
- Location: Near Mahabaleshwar and cascades down the Koyna Valley.
- Price: Entry is free.
- Timings: You can visit Chinaman’s Falls after sunrise.
What are the things to do on Mahabaleshwar Tour?
1. Spend a day at a Strawberry Farm: The Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages are incomplete without a quick trip to the strawberry farms. On this trip, you can spend a day at the farms by plucking the fresh strawberries, watching the process of making homemade jams, jellies, and much more. These farms excel in making syrups, marmalades, sauces, chocolates, and mocktail mixtures, among other things.
- Location: Mapro Gardens, Gureghar, Panchgani of Mahabaleshwar Road.
- Price: Entry is free.
- Timings: The Mapro Gardens open around 8 am and close by 9.30 pm.
2. Boating at Venna Lake: If your idea of fun revolves around boating and soaking in nature’s beauty, then Venna Lake is for you. At this manmade lake, you will get the opportunity to explore the beauty of the surroundings while paddling beside the gushing water. From rowboats to peddle boats, there are a plethora of options at the ready.
- Location: Venna Lake is situated on Mahabaleshwar-Panchgani Road is 2 km away from the main market of Mahabaleshwar.
- Price: RowBoat –INR 250 for 30 min and INR 500 for 1 hour, Peddle Boat – INR 440 for 1 hour
- Timings: 7 am to 7 pm.
3. Plan a Jungle Trekking to Tapola: Craving for some thrilling fun? Don’t worry, the Mahabaleshwar Packages have included an adventurous jungle trekking to Tapola. Surrounded by Shivsagar Lake, you will get the chance to observe the staggering range of flora, fauna, and avifauna in this trek. While trekking and hiking in the forest, you will get several chances of doing a wildlife photo shoot as well.
- Location: Tapola is 25 km away from Mahabaleshwar.
- Price: Entry is free to Tapola.
- Timings: You can visit this place during day time but should be completely avoided after dusk.
4. Birdwatching at Babington Point: If your thirst for nature has still not been quenched then you should consider your search on Babington Point. In the Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages, head to one of the highest peaks of Mahabaleshwar. At an elevation of 1294 m above sea level, you can spot various types of animals and birds here. Moreover, tourists often prefer to visit this place during monsoon as the landscape is enchanting then.
- Location: Babington's point is situated on Tapola Road of Birwadi.
- Price: Entry is free.
- Timings: 8 am to 7 pm.
5. Horse-riding: Apart from an exquisite boating experience, Venna Lake excels in providing horse-riding as an activity to the visitors as well. One of the most popular activities to do in Mahabaleshwar, hop on the horse and indulge in watching over the lures of nature from a different view.Further, the tourists often prefer to enjoy this activity around sunset.
- Location: Horse-riding takes place at Venna Lake and Table Tops.
- Price: The price ranges from INR 15 to INR 200, depending upon the time and distance.
- Timings: Horse-riding is available from 9 am to 6 pm.
6. Shopping at Town Bazaar: Your trip to Mahabaleshwar is incomplete without shopping at the Town Bazaar. Here, you will have a plethora of things to shop, from handicrafts to fresh strawberries, this place won’t disappoint you. The locals sell a unique range of Kolhapuri chappal and leather works. Most of these items are made by locals and you can observe the intricate work on them. Also, you can buy the freshly homemade jams, jellies, syrups, etc. from this market.
- Location: Town Bazaar is situated in the heart of the city of Mahabaleshwar.
- Price: The price of all these items range from INR 200 to INR 1000.
- Timings: The Town Bazaar opens around 10 am and closes by 10 pm.
How many days are required to visit Mahabaleshwar?
At least 3 days are required to visit Mahabaleshwar. In these three days, visit the local markets and savour the mouthwatering Maharashtrian dishes at various food joints. Also, you can plan to visit the several temples like Krishnabai Temple, Mahabaleshwar Temple, or Panchganga Temple. Not to forget, you can trek to the high peaks of Mahabaleshwar like Elphinstone Point, Arthur Seat Point, and head to Venna Lake for a calm stroll.
Also, these three days would be enough to explore the nearby attractive spots of Mahabaleshwar like Wilson Point, Mapro Garden, Rajpuri Caves, etc. For convenient and comfortable exploring, you can take a Mahabaleshwar Packages featuring a 3-day trip to this exotic town. Ofcourse one can choose to have an extended holiday if you have plenty of time at hand.
What is the best time to visit Mahabaleshwar?
The best bit about Mahabaleshwar is that, being a hill-station, it’s a great place to visit all-year round. Winters are chilly with temperatures between 10°C-20°C, making it a great time for sightseeing.
Monsoons are a good time to visit as well, when you can witness nature in all its glory. Summer temperatures may rise 30°C-35°C, but the evenings are cool, so you can check out indoor sights by day and outdoor sights by evening.
How far is Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai?
The distance between Mahabaleshwar and Mumbai is 266 km. Mahabaleshwar is nestled around the mighty wonders of Satara district. It is situated at an elevation of 1353 m above sea level in the Sahyadri mountain range. These two places are well connected by road and it takes almost 5 hours 30 minutes to reach by car.
Is Mahabaleshwar worth visiting?
Yes, the hill town of Mahabaleshwar is totally worth visiting. The amazing vantage points, cascading waterfalls, age-old temples, verdant valleys, and picturesque gardens of the hill town lure the travel enthusiasts to book their Mahabaleshwar packages and head for an enchanting trip.
Which are some famous camping sites in Mahabaleshwar?1. Advait Valley Camp: The best part about Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages is a night stay at Advait Valley Camp. Nestled amidst the deep forest, this campsite is situated near Ramsukh Resorts and Spa of Kshetra Mahabaleshwar. Here, you can spend a night at the camp and cook your food on the barbeque while cherishing Mahabaleshwar’s beauty under the night sky.
2. Lakeside camping at Tapola: In this Mahabaleshwar Tour Package, step into the lap of nature and cherish its beauty closely. Plan an overnight camp stay near the crystalline beauty of the lake at Tapola. Here, you can spend your night beside the lake while soaking in the lush green beauty of Tapola. Also, tourists usually opt for hiking in the deep forests of Tapola during day time as part of an adventure.
3. Sherbaug Theme Park and Resort: If you are planning to spend a luxurious stay in lavish tents then you should visit Sherbaug Theme Park and Resort. Here, you will be provided with surplus amenities like housekeeping, room service, restaurant, lawn, bonfire, and first-aid services. The best part of staying at Sherbaug is the cosy ambience and Mahabaleshwar’s pleasant weather.
Is Mahabaleshwar safe for couples?
Yes, Mahabaleshwar is an absolutely safe destination for couples to book their Mahabaleshwar tour packages without any worry. Since this place is a renowned honeymoon destination of the country, a plethora of couples visit this place frequently. You will find many couple-friendly hotels, restaurants, and activities to enjoy in Mahabaleshwar.
How to reach Mahabaleshwar?
1. By Air – The nearest airport is in Pune as Mahabaleshwar doesn’t have an airport. Pune is well connected with major cities of India. The airport is almost 120 km away from the town, so you can hail a taxi or bus to reach Mahabaleshwar.
2. By Train – Mahabaleshwar doesn’t have a railway station. The nearest would be Wathar which is 60 km away but reaching via Pune’s railway station would be the convenient option. Afterwards, you can reach Mahabaleshwar by opting to drive or take either a bus or a taxi.
3. By Bus – If you are thinking of travelling by bus then you have plenty of options. If you want to reach Mahabaleshwar from Mumbai then you can take state transport or private buses from Dadar East, Sion, or Vashi. The distance between both these places is 247 km and will take almost 6 hours to reach.
4. By Road/Self Drive – The quick rendezvous Mahabaleshwar trip is incomplete without hitting the roads. If you are visiting from Mumbai then you have two options - travelling from Panvel through Mahad and Poladpur or travelling via Mumbai-Pune expressway and hitting the highway from Pune to Satara. The roads are smooth and appropriate for travelling. It will take almost 4-5 hours to reach the destination.
What is Mahabaleshwar famous for?
From strawberries and mulberries to enthralling high peaks, Mahabaleshwar is a complete package of adventures and tranquillity. Mahabaleshwar is one of the most famous hill stations of Maharashtra. This town is tucked amidst the five hills of Sahyadri mountain ranges. Arthur seat point and Elphinstone point are the best trek trails for an adventurous experience. Also, spiritual places like Mahabaleshwar temple and Panchganga temple are some of the renowned monuments to indulge in Puja practices. Collectively, Mahabaleshwar has hundreds of different things to offer to every age group.
Is Mahabaleshwar safe in the rainy season?
Yes, a visit to Mahabaleshwar during monsoon is safe if adequate precautions are taken. The rainy season takes place from July to October which leads to cold and often misty weather. This leads to the strong flow of waterfalls, lakes, and several other water bodies. Also, the roads might be trickier to handle but with robust shoes and careful walking, it would be good to go.
How is the climate in Mahabaleshwar?
Mahabaleshwar’s temperature is tropical. The climate ranges from the moderate temperature in summer, heavy and almost continual rainfall in monsoon, and breezy weather in winters. In Mahabaleshwar, summer occurs from April and lasts till May, whereas, monsoon takes place from June and goes on till September.
What is famous in Mahabaleshwar for shopping?
1. Strawberries – Mahabaleshwar is known as one of the largest strawberry producers in India. Here, you can visit Mapro Gardens to buy a handful of fresh strawberries. Tourists often opt for Mahabaleshwar Vacation Packages for visiting the farms.
2. Jellies, jams, and honey – Due to the successful production of strawberries, raspberries, and other fruits, homemade jellies, jams, and honey are also tourists’ first choice while shopping in Mahabaleshwar.
3. Handicrafts – Apart from the fresh cultivation of fruits, you can shop various handicrafts, leather items, etc. from Mahabaleshwar. You can also spot some Kolhapuri footwear and many local accessories from the Town Bazaar of Mahabaleshwar.
Which are the best trekking sites in Mahabaleshwar?
1. Connaught Peak – If you are seeking a bird’s eye view of Mahabaleshwar then a trek to the Connaught Peak should be your priority. The second highest peak of Mahabaleshwar, Connaught Peak or Mount Olympia is situated on the Connaught Peak Road. It is located at 1400 m above the sea level and you can look over Pratapgad Fort, Venna Lake, and Krishna Valley from here.
2. Wilson Point – Also known as Sunrise Point, Wilson Point is another attractive spot of Mahabaleshwar. The road to reach the point is quite narrow but perfect for a thrilling hiking experience. Also, tourists usually prefer to visit this place after monsoon to click photographs with a lush green backdrop of Sahyadri range. To capture the perfect snapshot, the appropriate time for visiting Wilson Point during sunrise would be 6 am and during sunset would be 6.30 pm.
3. Lodwick Point – In Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages, you will come across extraordinary scenic trails and Lodwick Point is one of them. To reach the point, you will have to trek for almost 2 km. Here, you can spot a unique view of Table Top plateau. Moreover, if you are not ready for hiking then reach the Lodwick Point by riding a horse. This point is situated at Haroshi near Mahabaleshwar and is an alluring experience for all travellers, es[ecially trekkers.
What are the resorts available in Mahabaleshwar?
If you’re opting for a customised package, you can choose from an array of modern hotels and resorts that this historic town has to offer.
1. Brightland Resort and Spa
Located in the Western Ghats, surrounded by forests, this hotel is close to Mahabaleshwar Market and Lingamala Falls. The rooms are designed with modern interiors and equipped with tea-coffee making facilities and balconies. The suites also offer living rooms. There’s an open-air pizzeria, a barbecue, a regional restaurant, a pool, a spa, and a bar.
Location: Kates Point Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price: Starting at 15000/- per night
2. Bella Vista Resort
Situated on a lush landscape, this property overlooks the Lingamala Valley and is situated near the Dhobi Waterfall and the Venna Lake. The rooms offer a mini-fridge, a tea-coffee maker, balconies and even sofa-cum-beds. The in-hotel amenities include a restaurant, an outdoor pool, a sprawling lawn where you can relax, an Ayurvedic spa and lots of games if you’re looking forward to a leisurely trip. There’s also a business centre, a meeting room and a kids’ play area.
Location: Village Metgutad, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price: Starting at 11000/- per night
3. Evershine Keys Prima Resort
Surrounded by farmland and hills, this fine property designed in pink stone has everything that you’d want for a comfortable stay. There’s 24x7 room service, tea-coffee makers, balconies and sofas in the rooms. There’s also a complimentary breakfast buffet, an all-day cafe, an open-air Italian restaurant, a plush bar, a gym area and a spa. If you’re travelling with kids, they have a kids’ play area too, so you can enjoy a leisurely stay while your children play around.
Location: C.T.S No 182, Gautam Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price: Starting at Rs. 10000/- per night
4. Ramsukh Resort and Spa
Surrounded by rainforests and overlooking the valleys of the town, this upscale hotel lies close to the Mahabaleshwar Temple and the Venna Lake. Accommodation includes well-designed rooms, wood-lined huts and suites equipped with everything from flat-screen TVs to whirlpool tubs. The hotel also offers a restaurant with rustic interiors and a bakery, a garden, a terrace, an outdoor pool, a gym, a spa, and regular LIVE entertainment for both, kids and adults. All you need for a leisurely trip!
Location: Near Mahabaleshwar Temple, Kshetra, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price: Starting at Rs. 11000/- per night
5. Le Meridian
This high-end resort is well situated close to Wilson Point which offers a delightful view of the abundant nature around. With an old-school design comprising teakwood furniture, rainfall showers and sleek rooms, the resort overlooks the forests and valleys while even including outdoor showers and fireplaces for suites. Amenities include a chic bar, two multi-cuisine restaurants, a casual rooftop bar, an infinity pool, a lagoon pool, a gym, and a spa to enjoy a relaxed massage.
Location: 211, 212, Satara-Medha-Mahabaleshwar Rd, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806
Price: Starting at Rs. 17000/- per night
Which are the best waterfalls to enjoy in Mahabaleshwar?
1. Chinaman’s Falls
Flowing down 500 feet, Chinaman’s Falls offer an unmatched experience. These are one of the most tantalising and significant falls in Mahabaleshwar, perfect for a vacation with friends and family where you can even enjoy a dip in the falls. In case you’re wondering why it has such a unique name, it’s because there used to be a Chinese prison located in the vicinity, after which the falls were named.
2. Dhobi Falls
The Dhobi Falls dramatically cascade from a height of 853 feet, offering a surreal view as they lie nestled amidst the beauty of nature. The falls connect Mahabaleshwar’s popular Lodwick Point and Elphinstone Point to each other and are surrounded by lush greenery and rocks, over which the falls flow gently.
3. Lingamala Falls
Known to be one of the most majestic waterfalls in Mahabaleshwar, the Lingamala Falls are a soothing sight, hidden away in the town’s serene spot. The falls are at a height of 500 feet, and as the water gushes down, it meets the Venna Valley and flows melodiously over another 600 feet. This is one of the prettiest places in Mahabaleshwar, flocked by nature lovers, trekkers, adventure enthusiasts and photographers alike.
All of these waterfalls are absolutely spectacular, especially when visited in the monsoons when the falls are in their full glory. Make sure your Mahabaleshwar packages are inclusive of all the waterfalls so you do not miss out on any.
Where to see strawberry farming in Mahabaleshwar?
1. Mapro Gardens – Known as the largest producer of strawberries in India, Mahabaleshwar houses plenty of strawberry farms. One such freshly ripened strawberry farm can be found at Mapro Gardens. It is developed and maintained by the food processing company, Mapro. You will come across several Mahabaleshwar Tour Packages which offer a 90-minute visit to the strawberry farms.
2. Green Valley Strawberry Farm - Head to Green Valley Strawberry Farm to explore plenty of unique activities. For instance, you can take a tour of the farm and will get the chance to pluck the fresh strawberries. Also, you can taste the authentic strawberry ice cream made with ripest strawberries. Moreover, you will get to keep a freshly homemade jam as a souvenir from your visit to the farm
3. Laxmi Strawberry Farm - Thrillophilia’s Mahabaleshwar Packages offers a trip to Laxmi Strawberry Farm to participate in a strawberry plucking tour. This place excels in producing organic berries and their staff will take you to an informative tour of the farm. This place opens around 10 am and you can spend a couple of hours learning about strawberry farming, clicking photographs, and buying some jams.
Which are the different adventure activities in Mahabaleshwar?
1. Horse-riding – Be it beside the serene Venna Lake or the daunting high trails of Lodwick Point, horse-riding is one of the most adventurous activities to do in Mahabaleshwar. The rides usually range from 15 minutes to 1 hour depending upon your interest. You will be accompanied by an instructor whilst you savour nature’s beauty.
2. Trekking – Everybody loves sunrises and especially from one of the highest peaks of Mahabaleshwar. From Arthur Seat point to Elphinstone point, there are plenty of enthralling treks available in Mahabaleshwar packages. It usually takes 30 minutes to climb to the top of these points. Also, tourists prefer to start the trek in the morning for capturing the panoramic shots of the sunrise.
3. Rock Climbing – A trip to Mahabaleshwar is incomplete without indulging in some adventurous activities. Here, you can opt to participate in rock climbing, bungee ejection, or a ride on the drop tower. Also, you can take your families and enjoy outdoor and indoor activities here as well.
Which forts will we see on our Mahabaleshwar trip?
1. Pratapgarh Fort – Pratapgarh or Valour Fort is one of the most popular forts near Mahabaleshwar. It was built in 1656 under the reign of the Maratha leader Chhatrapati Shivaji. Pratapgarh consists of four lakes, a watchtower, two temples, a cultural library, and a glorious statue of the Maratha ruler.
2. Kamalgad Fort – Tucked away in the deep forests of Mahabaleshwar, Kamalgad Fort is a haven for history fanatics. It is believed that the fort was established during the medieval times under the Maratha reign. Due to its elevation of more than 4000 feet above sea level, a huge number of trekkers and campers also visit this place.
3. Sajjangad Fort – Apart from being a historical marvel, Sajjangad Fort is a holy place of pilgrimage too. It is believed that Samarth Ramdas Swami breathed his last breath here. The Sajjangad fort is 68.2 km away from Mahabaleshwar and it opens around 5 am and closes by 9 pm.
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Mahabaleshwar tour?
1. Venna Lake: Venna Lake makes for an amazing destination to stroll along with your loved ones until around 9 PM. You can also relish some hot local snacks from the nearby stalls, sitting on one of the benches dotting the lake while soaking in the spellbinding scenic views.
Location: Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra.
2. Town Bazaar: Making for one of the most popular open markets of Mahabaleshwar, Town Bazaar remains open until 10 PM. Many shoppaholics visit this place in the evening and purchase sweets, spices, strawberries, and junk jewellery. The place also has some decent restaurants where you can savour a delectable local dinner.
Location: Main Market Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra.
3. Angaare: Many families and couples visit Angaare during their Mahabaleshwar tours to enjoy open air dining. This charming restaurant serves an excellent selection of kebabs and tandoors for you to pamper your taste buds with.
Location: Kates Point Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra.
4. Bagicha Corner: If you often tend to have those late night food cravings, do not forget to include Bagicha Corner in your Mahabaleshwar tour packages. You can visit this place until 10 PM and enjoy flavoursome milkshakes, ice creams, and quick bites.
Location: Main Market Road, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra.
What are the best places to visit in Mahabaleshwar with family?
1. Dhobi Waterfall: With lush green stretches and huge boulders serving as the backdrop, Dhobi Waterfall cascades with an amazing allure before finally draining into River Koyna. Accessible by a small hike, this waterfall makes for an amazing picnic and photography spot and is often found in the Mahabaleshwar packages of nature lovers.
Location: Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806.
2. Morarji Castle: Known popularly for its colonial style architectural design, Morarji Castle carries a lot of historical significance. According to popular beliefs, Mahatma Gandhi had spent a night in this majestic castle during the British rule. Packed with beautiful statues and gardens, Morarji Castle forms an amazing architecture to admire at the present day.
Location: Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra, 412806.
3. Connaught Peak: Considered to be the second highest peak of Mahabaleshwar, Connaught Peak is an amazing vantage point offering the perfect setting to enjoy picnicking and sunset watching. Perched at an elevation of around 1400 meters, this spot also offers spellbinding panoramic views of the Venna Lake and the Krishna Valley.
Location: Connaught Peak Rd, Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806.
4. Krishnabai Temple: Perched atop a majestic hill, Krishnabai Temple dates back to the 19th century. This beautiful shrine shelters a shivalinga and a figurine of the Hindu god Lord Krishna and offers breathtaking views of Krishna river.
Location: Old Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra 412806.
What are the romantic places to visit in Mahabaleshwar?1. Venna Lake: If you are booking Mahabaleshwar tour packages, you must visit the Venna Lake with your partner. This picturesque lake is surrounded by lush greenery. A boat ride on this lake makes for a romantic experience.2. Pratapgarh Fort: This historical fort is known for its elongated walkways, several chambers, and ponds. This could be a thrilling experience for you and your partner, as you explore the magical corridors of this place.3. Wilson Point: From this point, you can see both the sunset and the sunrise. From here, you get a breathtaking view of the hills. Enjoy the magnificent colours in the sky and let them brighten up your love life.4. Mahabaleshwar Temple: If you want to enter a tranquil and peaceful atmosphere with your partner, the Mahabaleshwar Temple is worth visiting. This temple has a unique architecture and a shrine where you can pray to Lord Shiva and ask for his blessings.
Which is better: Panchgani or Mahabaleshwar?Mahabaleshwar is a more convenient tourist destination than Panchgani due to a wider range of accommodations and restaurants. Tourist spots such as the Pratapgad Fort, Arthur’s Seat, Lingmala Waterfalls, the confluence of the five rivers at Panch Ganga Temple along with the colourful orchards of strawberries, mulberries and carrots makes Mahabaleshwar one of the most visited hill stations in south Mumbai.
However, the hill station of Panchgani, with the spectacular Table Land, ancient forts, caves and picturesque waterfalls, has its own charm as a beautiful vacation spot.
How far is Mahabaleshwar from Pune?The distance between Mahabaleshwar from Pune is 121 km by road. However, if you take a flight from Pune to Mahabaleshwar, the distance is 69 km.