Treks in KulluHimachal Pradesh is incredibly alluring, which is why it’s so sought-after by travelers. But, perhaps what it’s best known for is its incredible natural landscape which offers the best trekking tours in Kullu. The district of Kullu epitomizes this and it’s no wonder so many flocks here.
It’s a top trekking destination for both novices and experts alike. Meandering streams and lush valleys peppered with hamlets make for a very picturesque escape and trekking through them is an experience that’s hard to match. While there are many trekking routes, some are just more scenic than others and you should add it to your list of things to do in Kullu for a mesmerising experience.
Tirthan Valley is one and exploring the region means more than just walking through it. You get to visit trout fish farms and see how fish farming is done in the small village of Kasol. You also get to camp for the night in Kasol and bask in the tranquillity of the place. Bhrigu Lake is another dreamy destination.
The 4-day trek is a mix of easy and moderate and the meadows you’ll come across on your way here are a treat for anyone. Horses grazing on the green grass with the hills in the distance paint an idyllic picture. If you travel in June, the lake is semi-frozen and the landscape changes to one covered in white. Such a varied landscape with so much to offer; Kullu is a place where trekking dreams come true and if you want to see nature in all its glory, this is where you should head to these places in Kullu.
Plan your trip in winter if you want to cross high mountain passes that are more challenging and take longer to cover. Go in summer if you want to see the land bathed in green. All in all, embark on the best trekking tours in Kullu for a fabulous and exciting experience here.
People Also Ask About Trekking in Kullu
What are the best Kullu trekking places?
1. Tirthan Valley: While at a hill station, the best thing you can do is to conquer its Peaks. Trekking to Tirthan Valley will offer you a chance to admire the best sceneries of snowy mountains and steep slopes.
2. Sar Pass: Trek to Sar pass will offer you a chance to traverse the paths filled with lush greenery and mesmerising views of wilderness. The trek may be a little bit difficult, but once you reach the top, the views of high standing hills and low lying plains are too precious to miss.
3. Great Himalyan National Park: Surrounded by towering himalayas, this national park will let you admire the view of around 325 seasonal flora. The trek to this park will take you through lush green and mesmerising sceneries of the high hills and wildlife & greenery.
4. Beas Kund Trek: A long trek towards an altitude of 3810 Metres, Beas Kund Trek has been challenging many trekkers since ages. Offering marvellous mountain views and rock formations, the trail to the peak is surely mesmerising and goes along many beautiful places like the Joshini waterfall and the gushing river Beas.
What is the best time for trekking in Kullu?
The best time for trekking in Kullu is between the months of April to August and November to February.
From April to August, the trekking trails will be clear, thus making it easy for first timers to traverse the rocky paths. From November to February, the trekking routes here get covered with snow, adding extra charm and offering a challenging trekking experience.
What should I wear for trekking in Kullu?
Make sure your dress up is appropriate when you trek in Kullu. You can follow the below list:
- T-shirt: wear a full sleeved t shirt as the atmosphere here can be chilly.
- Jackets: Make sure you wear jackets which are windproof and can be easily layered.
- Lowers: Windproof and woolen lowers are preferred over pants.
- Trekking boots: They must be of proper size and perfect fit.
- Woolens: Gloves, hats and Socks, thermal inners under your shirts and lowers.
Is Kullu worthy enough to have a trekking trip?
The vast, beautiful and majestic hills of Kullu offer you a chance to try some of the best treks like Bhubhu Pass Trek and Friendship Peak and conquer many high hills.
The experience you get here is surely worth every penny and every minute you spend on it.
Do we need to go in a group for trekking in Kullu or can I do a solo trekking trip as well?
Be it a group or a solo traveller, everyone is welcomed on trek to Kullu. You do not need to travel in Groups and you can easily conquer the heights while trekking solo.
Also, you will be accompanied by other people too who have joined the trek.
Is it safe for a solo female to trek in Kullu?
Yes, trekking in Kullu is safe for everyone be it a solo traveller or group of trekkers. If proper precautions are taken, you can easily enjoy the scenic beauty while trekking on the rocky paths covered with snow.
Can we have alcohol and smoke during the trek in Kullu?
No, you are not allowed to smoke or drink while trekking in Kullu. Since this adventurous activity requires good health, thus, you are advised to not consume tobacco or have alcohol.