Valley of Flowers Trek Highlights
- Very true to its name, the trek to Valley of Flowers floors you with infinite flowers in full bloom and can actually be renamed as a floral fairytale romance!
- Attain peace of mind at Hemkund Sahib, a Sikh Gurudwara nestled beside a high-altitude dazzling lake largely known as Hemkund, whose literal meaning is “Lake of Snow”.
- Privileged as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the floral fragrance from the carpeting flowers entices you throughout the trek
- To ensure a worry free trek much efforts are put in for your safety and proper sanitization of all equipment
- Witness the heavenly land where the fairies flutter joyfully in the absence of humans, according to the locals.
Valley of Flowers Trek Overview
About Valley of Flowers Trek:
Valley of Flowers "Foolon ki Ghati" is one of those beautiful trekking expeditions that can be enjoyed during the monsoon season. It is flawlessly nestled in the West Himalayan region of Uttarakhand and lies at a lofty height of 3600 m above sea level. With an opportunity to spot the very rare blue Primula, the Valley Of Flowers trek is one of the best-known treks in the world.
The Valley of Flowers is also believed to be the place from where Hanuman brought the magical herb to resuscitate Lakshman in the Hindu epic Ramayan. Just as you set your foot into the valley, the intoxicating mix of fragrances emitted from the flowers makes you feel in a paradise. The hidden lake at the height of 14,400 ft, creates a hidden coop for numerous species of wildflowers like the saxifrages, sedums, lilies, poppy, calendulas, daisies, geranium, zinnia, and petunia.
Quick Facts about Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand Trek:
Start Point/End Point: Haridwar
Maximum Altitude: 14,400 ft
Valley of Flowers Trek Distance: 47 km
Temperature: Day 12°C-20°C and Night: 4°C-10°C
Valley of Flowers Trek Best Time: June end to mid-September
Valley of Flowers Trekking Package Inclusions:
➔Accommodations- 02 Nights Hotel accommodation on a triple/quad sharing basis at Govindghat. 03 Nights Hotel accommodation on a triple/quad sharing basis at Ghangaria.
➔Meals- All veg nutritious meals from dinner at Govindghat on Day 1st to breakfast at Govindghat on Day 6th. Morning evening tea served with light snacks are also included in the Valley of Flowers trekking package.
➔Safety equipment- First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
➔Expert trek Leaders- All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
➔Expert Trek support team- The mountain staff on Valley of Flowers trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Available Group Departure Dates -
➔June - 19,20,26,27
➔July - 3,4,10,11,17,18,24,25,31
➔August - 1,7,8,14,15,21,2,28,29
➔September - 4,5,11,12
Note: Customisation available on request
How to reach Haridwar:
By Air: Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun serves as the nearest airport to Haridwar. Visitors can take a direct flight to Dehradun from Mumbai or Delhi or connecting flights from anywhere in India. Local vehicles can be availed from outside the airport to reach Haridwar by road from Dehradun.
By Train: Haridwar Junction Railway Station is well-connected to all the surrounding major cities. Visitors can easily find frequent trains to Haridwar from Delhi and Dehradun.
By Road: Haridwar is well connected by roads to all major cities and towns, so visitors as per their choice and comfort can take the bus to reach Haridwar smoothly. Haridwar is connected to Chandigarh, Delhi, Dehradun, and Nainital through a good network of roads.
Valley of Flowers Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
Govindghat - Govindghat
Haridwar - Haridwar
More Details about Valley of Flowers Trek
Know Before You Go for Valley of Flowers Trek
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Since Valley of Flowers is a monsoon trek, there are possibilities of roadblocks due to landslides. Account for this by adding a buffer day in your travel plan.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Hotels are basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available at a common point.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand trek.
- Permit charges are not included in the Valley of Flowers trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes, raincoat and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders and guide in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Transportation to and fro from Haridwar Railway Station is available on additional charges on request
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Valley of Flowers Trekking package.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Valley of Flowers Uttarakhand Trek.
- Some of the locations covered in the trek are time constrained, so in order to make the most out of the package try adhering to the timelines shared by the trek leaders.
Things To Carry for Valley of Flowers Trek
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Mosquito & insect repellent
- Thermal inners