Thrillophilia offers a wide range of Iceland tour packages, complete with exciting, customisable and personalised offers and deals. These packages are created by experienced professionals who take your preferences into utmost consideration and ensure that you have a fulfilling and memorable holiday in Iceland.
Whether it is an adventurous Reykjavik Volcano tour, or whether you wish to explore the more romantic side of this dreamy land, Thrillophilia will curate it according to your wishes and choices. Thrillophilia offers packages that cater to all kinds of travellers.
So, if you are travelling solo, with your friends or family, or even with your significant other, this is the place to be for great offers and deals. Want to have a one-of-a-kind experience while availing the Iceland tour? Well, avail The Golden Circle tour which takes you to explore the scintillating Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights, along with active volcanoes and volcanic craters.
Also see mesmerising waterfalls, natural geysers and some of the best hot springs in the world, in addition to magical ice caves. Or if you wish to see the most famous attractions in Iceland, customise the package according to the number of days you will stay in Iceland. Explore serene hillocks, lush green plains or glacial caves and soak in the incredible beauty of nature.
The Iceland holiday package also helps you indulge in some of the best experiences that Iceland has to offer. From the rich yet unusual Sheep’s Head dish, to the art, music and souvenirs of Iceland, these holiday packages offer something for everyone. Along with the adrenaline-worthy activities, to great places for shopping, and even better cafes, restaurants and local delicacies, Iceland is a great travel destination. Known all around the world for its warm hospitality, a trip to this stunning land is a must, and Thrillophilia makes sure that your trip to Iceland is one that you remember for many years to come.
Popular Iceland Tour Packages
|Wonders of Iceland in 10 Days 2021 | Book @ Flat 10% off||10D/9N||₹ 241000||5.0 star|
|South & West Iceland Self Drive Tour 8 Days 2021 | Flat 13% off||8D/7N||₹ 81000||5.0 star|
|10 Days Full Circle Iceland Self Drive Tour||10D/9N||₹ 0||4.0 star|
|Self Drive Trip to Iceland 14 Days 2021 | Flat 18% off||14D/13N||₹ 164000||5.0 star|
|8 Days Iceland Northern Lights Tour: Aurora Borealis Package||8D/7N||₹ 167000||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Iceland Tours
What are the famous places to see in Iceland?
1. Reykjavik: Reykjavik tops the list of places to visit in the Iceland tour package. It is the capital city of Iceland, and dates back to the time of the Vikings. This busy metropolis is also home to the famous Elliðaár hot springs, where you can take a dip in and relax and rejuvenate yourself.
2. Akureyri: Another one of the famous places in the Iceland travel package is Akureyri, also known as the second largest populated city in Iceland. Akureyri is also the capital of North Iceland, in addition to being an important port city and fishing town.
3. Selfoss: Situated alongside the banks of the serene Olfusa river, Selfoss is a great place you must visit while availing the Iceland travel package. Home to the exhilarating Seljalandsfoss waterfalls, Selfoss also has many quaint cafes, restaurants and resorts. It is known for its hot springs, saunas and forests.
4. Vík í Mýrdal: One of the most beautiful places that you can visit while availing the Iceland holiday package, is Vík í Mýrdal. Known for being the location where the Bollywood song Gerua was shot, Vík í Mýrdal is also home to the crashed DC 3 airplane, along with the unique Black Sand Beach and the Myrdalsjokull Glacier.
5. Keflavík: Also known as the Gateway to Iceland, and an important place in the Iceland trip package, Keflavík houses the only international airport in Iceland. It is also where you can visit some of the most unique museums of Iceland, such as Viking World Museum, or see the northern lights.
6. Hofn: When booking the Iceland tour package, ensure that you include the fishing town of Hofn in your trip. Located in south east Iceland, Hofn is situated quite close to the popular Hornafjörður fjord. It is also one of the most important fishing villages in Iceland.
7. Jökulsárlón: One of the best places to visit on your Iceland tour is Jökulsárlón, the most visited place in Iceland. Home to the Glacier Lagoon, Jökulsárlón is also known for offering some of the most adventurous activities to travellers. You must also visit the Vatnajökull glacier here.
8. Skaftafell: Boasting of being home to some of the most exotic flora and fauna in the Iceland holiday package, Skaftafell is a place you must definitely visit atleast once. It is surrounded by the beautiful Vatnajökull National Park, and houses the waterfalls of Svartifoss.
9. Vestmannaeyjar: Located on the southern coast of Iceland, Vestmannaeyjar is an archipelago formed out of underwater volcanic eruptions. Home to well-known volcanoes like Eldfell and Helgafell, along with the Surtsey and Heimaey islands, this is a place you must definitely explore when booking an Iceland trip package.
10. Arnarstapi: One of the best places to include in your Iceland trip package is Arnarstapi, a quaint, cosy fishing town located on the foothills of Mount Stapafell. Surrounded by other small towns and farms, this town also has a Jules Verne Monument and is known for its seal beach, the Ytri-Tunga.
What are the best things to do in Iceland?
1. Visit Snæfellsjökull National Park: When going on the Iceland tour, pay a visit to the stunning Snæfellsjökull National Park. Situated in the Snæfellsnes Peninsula, and known for the Snæfellsjökull glacier, the park is also home to many lava tubes and fields along with many exotic flora and fauna. You can also enjoy whale and bird watching here.
2. Admire the Dynjandi Waterfall: The Dynjandi Waterfall is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iceland. Situated in the Dynjandi Bay, the waterfall acts as a gateway to several smaller waterways in different heights. With the loud gush of the water on the mountain, and the serenity of nature, it is also a great place to enjoy camping.
3. Go Hiking at Hornstrandir Nature Reserve: One of the best things to do in the Iceland tour package is hiking at the Hornstrandir Nature Reserve. Complete with sea cliffs, stunning waterfalls and majestic mountains, this reserve is one of the most offbeat places in Iceland that you can enjoy hiking and camping at.
4. Observe the Tectonic Plate: Located on the Þingvellir Plain, the Tectonic Plains are situated at a point between Europe and North America. One of the most intriguing things about these are that the plates are continuously shifting away from each other, thereby creating many lakes, rivers and cracks in between.
5. Spend time on Rauðasandur Beach: Rauðasandur Beach is one of the places that you must spend time at in your Iceland tour package. The attraction here is the sand of the beach, which is a mixture of red and pink colours. You can also soak in the gushing waves and the pretty turquoise coloured lagoon.
6. Swim In the Blue Lagoon: The Blue Lagoon is amongst the most famous attractions in Iceland. The lagoon is actually a natural geothermal spa, which is a pretty blue in colour, and has heated seawater that is full of benefits for your body. The water is said to have healing properties and can cure many skin and other ailments.
7. Visit the Viking World Museum: One of the best experiences to enjoy in your Iceland holiday package is a visit to the famous Viking World Museum. The museum can transport you back in time, to the age of the Vikings. There is also the replica of a Viking ship dating to the 9th century here.
8. Hike along the Asbyrgi Canyon: Located in the north-eastern part of Iceland, the Asbyrgi Canyon is a unique natural wonder, created in the shape of a horseshoe. One can also hike through many dense forests of pine, fir and birch trees at the bottom of the canyon, which is around 3.5 kilometres long and 1 kilometre in width.
9. Enjoy the Black Sand at Djúpalón Beach: Another great experience that you can have in the Iceland holiday package is a tour of the Djúpalón Beach in Snæfellsjökull National Park. It has gained fame due to its black sand and unique rock formations. The beach also has several rock arches and limpid pools which add to its beauty.
10. Marvel at the Northern Lights: Marvelled at by people from all over the world and at the top of every traveller’s bucket lists are the Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis. Iceland is the home of this phenomena, and Seltjarnarnes is the best place to soak in this wonder.
What is the best time to visit Iceland?
The summer months from June to September are the best to visit Iceland. The country is the warmest during this time, and you can even catch 24 hours of daylight or the amazing Midnight Sun. You can not only enjoy sightseeing during this time, but also partake in many adventurous activities as well.
How to reach Iceland?
By Air: The best way to reach Iceland is by air. Located in central Iceland, about 40 kilometres from Reykjavik, Keflavik Airport is the largest international airport in the country.
Regular flights from Indian cities like Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad and Bangalore fly to Keflavik Airport on a regular basis. Some of the direct and connecting flights operating from India to Iceland are IcelandAir, Etihad Airways, Air India and Lufthansa Airways.
How much time does it take to get a visa to Iceland?
Upon application, it takes a minimum of 15 working days for the entire visa process to complete, after which one can get their visa to Iceland.
What is the cost for a tourist visa in Iceland?
The cost for a tourist visa to Iceland takes around 60 Euros, which is approximately INR 4234.
Do Indian passports need a visa for Iceland?
Yes, even when you have an Indian passport, you require a visa for visiting Iceland.
How much does it cost to tour Iceland?
For a 7 days-6 nights tour of Iceland, it will cost you anywhere between INR 1,00,000 to 1,30,000 per person.
What's the currency of Iceland?
The Icelandic Krona is the currency of Iceland. However, you can use US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Euros, as well as Swedish, Norwegian and Danish currencies in many places in Iceland. 1 Icelandic Krona is equal to 0.55 INR.
How many days are enough in Iceland?
A minimum of 7 to 10 days are enough for a holiday in Iceland. This will ensure that you see some of the best places in the country, while experiencing other unique activities here as well.
What is the cost of Iceland honeymoon package?
A 10 days, 9 nights honeymoon package of Iceland will cost approximately between INR 1,00,000 to INR 2,70,000.
This cost will depend on the places that you would like to visit, along with the activities you are interested in and the hotels/ resorts that you would like to stay at.
How do I plan a budget for Iceland?
When planning a budget to Iceland, keep in mind what places you want to visit, the number of days you would like to stay there and the activities you would like to enjoy.
Also ensure that you do some research about the options available for accommodation in the different cities you will be visiting. The best way to plan a budget is to avail a holiday package which is not just in your budget but is something that you can customise according to your preferences.
Which is the cheapest city in Iceland?
Akureyri is the cheapest city in Iceland. From hotels and accommodations, restaurants to local commutes, everything here is comparatively cheaper than most cities in Iceland.
How can I travel to Iceland on a budget?
Although a very popular travel destination, Iceland is still very expensive. The best way to travel to Iceland on a budget is to visit it during the off touristy season.
This is when the flight tickets to this country are available on discounts for lesser prices. Similarly, the price of hotels and commutation in Iceland is also comparatively cheaper as compared to the peak seasons. Since the price of eating out is very high in Iceland, it is also recommended to cook your own food and indulge only in the unique delicacies available here.
What languages are spoken in Iceland?
The local language of Iceland is Icelandic. However, English is also spoken quite widely here. Other languages that are spoken in Iceland include Polish, German and others.
What are the best ways to commute around Iceland?
The best ways to commute around Iceland is by availing local transport. Buses and taxis are available here, and connect the different cities with each other.
Iceland boasts of an extensive bus network if you wish to travel long distances. Additionally, you can also consider renting taxis while commuting around Iceland.
What can you see in Iceland in 3 days?
In 3 days, you can see:
- Blue Lagoon
- Northern Lights
- Sólheimajökull Glacier
- Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach
- Seljalandsfoss Waterfall
- Thingvellir National Park
- Gullfoss Waterfalls.
How is Iceland weather?
Iceland has a weather that changes all through the day. It experiences all the four seasons, which vary in temperature and climate. The summer season from June to August is when you can see the Midnight Sun. The weather during this time is warmer than other months, making it ideal for sightseeing and other activities.
The autumn season from September to November are when the days become shorter and the weather starts to become a little colder. Follow this, from December to February is when winter season arrives in Iceland, with harsh temperatures, snow everywhere and the stunning Northern Lights which you can marvel at. The spring season from March to May is when the snow starts to melt, making the weather pleasant and great for whale watching.
What are the best adventure activities in Iceland?
1. Explore the Golden Circle Route: One of the best adventure activities in your Iceland tour is an exploration of the Golden Circle Route. This route includes the top sightseeing attractions and places in the country, such as the Thingvellir National Park, the Tectonic Plates, the Strokkur Geyser and others.
2. Take a bath in the lake Myvatin Geothermal Area: Located a few miles away from Akureyri, Lake Myvatn is the fourth largest lake in Iceland, and is amongst the most adventurous attractions in the Iceland tour. Formed as a result of a volcanic eruption, the geothermal area around the lake is also surrounded by several volcanoes. There are many areas here where you can find natural hot springs that you can take a bath in.
3. Hiking in the Skaftafell Park: Spread across an area of over 4,000 square kilometres, this park is home to some of the most unique natural landscapes in the world. With dense forests, black sands and icy cold rivers, the park will amaze you at every turn.
4. Climb Mount Esja: Located near Reykjavik, Mount Esja lies at an elevation of 914 metres above the sea level. Climbing the top of the mountain is one of the most adventurous activities in Iceland, as one can enjoy some of the best panoramas of the city from the top.
Which are the best cities to explore in Iceland?
1. Húsavík: One of the best cities to explore in an Iceland tour is Húsavík. The city was the first ever site of human settlement in Iceland, millions of years ago. It is also one of the most visited tourist towns in the country, and is also known for being a great place for whale watching.
2. Siglufjörður: Amongst the most offbeat places in an Iceland tour, Siglufjörður is a hub for adventure sports and activities. One can enjoy skiing, ice skating and many other activities in this city, along with fishing and golfing. The Herring Museum and the Folk Music Centre is also a major attraction here.
3. Kópavogur: Literally translating to “Seal Pup Bay,” Kópavogur is home to seal pups. Located in the close vicinity of Reykjavik, this city is famous for the Kópavogur Church, which is taller than any other building or structure here.
4. Ísafjörður: Isafjörður is the largest town in the Vestfirðir peninsula, also known as Westfjords. This city is home to some of the best and most exciting cultural and musical events near Reykjavik. Some of these events that are popular here include the Ísafjörður Rock Festival, the Við Djúpið Music Festival (classical music), and others.
Which are the best places for shopping in Iceland?
1. Kolaportið Flea MArket, Reykjavik: Whilst availing the Iceland tour package, do visit Kolaportið, the biggest flea market in Reykjavik. You can buy some of the best quality Icelandic sweaters, home décor, traditional and modern ornaments and local foods here.
2. Thorvaldsens Bazar, Reykjavik:
This bazar is amongst the best shopping areas in your Iceland tour package. It is the oldest shop in Reykjavik, and is great for buying local handicrafts and the lopapeysa.
3. Handverksskurinn, Selfoss: This is a great place to purchase local handicrafts, art and designs. If you visit this shop in your Iceland tour package, make sure to check out the handmade jewellery, glass and clay sculptures and Icelandic knitwear here.
4. Husavik, NORÐURÞING: Húsavík is a great place to include in your Iceland tour package, especially for shopping. From handicrafts to locally sourced and produced foods and other goods, this town offers a lot. You can also find homemade jams and teas here.