Best Manali Rafting Packages
About the Activity:
- Kullu is a broad open valley formed by the Beas river between manali and Largi.
- This valley is famous for its 14 km stretch white water river rafting activity.
- The activity provides a thrilling experience along with a trained guide for safety purposes.
Meal Types: Snack Box and Bottle of Mineral ter.
Activities: White Water Rafting
Difficulty Level: Easy
About the Activity:
- Embark on a memorable rafting experience at Tattapani near Shimla and geta n adrenaline rush like never before.
- The rocky river is one of the tributaries of the Satluj River and is famous for its offbeat and yet exciting rafting experience.
- The rafting activity starts off at the river and lasts for about 40 mins and stretches to 6km.
- The river has Grade 2, Grade 3 And Grade 4 rapids and is a thrilling experience for amateurs as wella s professionals.
Timings: You can avail the activity anytime between 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
If you are looking for something that can set your soul free and can take you on an exciting, bumpy ride, a rafting adventure in Kullu is sure made for you. Here the package offers you the rafting trips that lasting for 7 km.
This trip enables you to experience the rapids of the ever torrential waters of Beas, which further adds to the whole excitement factor of river rafting.
For an amazing adventure experience with a instructor is certainly the best and wholesome way of getting your fill of thrills here.
You'll arrive at the starting point and get the briefing on the activity. You must listen to this very carefully as the instructions are for ensuring that you get the best of experiences here. This will be followed by a gear check before you put it on. Then the rafts are lowered in the river and everyone climbs in it. And then, you raft.
This activity is suitable for age group of 16 years to 45 years.
How to reach: It is located at about 39 km from Mall Road Square of Manali and you can reach here by either taking public transport or by hiring a private cab.
Check-In: 10:00 AM
Check-Out: 11:00 AM
Camping Location: Bhanu Bridge, Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali is a popular tourist destination and serves as a gateway to Lahul and Spiti district as well as Leh Ladakh. we here welcome all the guests to enjoy and explore unbelievable and memorable experiences in the lap of nature.
Manali has become a favourite when it comes to adventure activities. And some of the best things to do here are rafting and paragliding. And that is exactly what this tour brings for you.
On Manali Riverside Camping tour, you are promised to take rest on the laps of Manali's serenity with camping, rafting, and some other adventurous activities. Start by rafting on the white water rapids of the river in Kullu for 7 km. This is one of a kind experience while you camp riverside in Manali. You will find adventure nestled secretly away where you can have fun with your family and friends. Embark on this getaway and enjoy the peace and tranquillity as river roars by.
How to Reach?
The Riverside Camp In Manali is located at Leh Manali Highway and you can reach there by Intercity coach transfers. The camp is situated 200 meters from the river.
The package is available in four variants:
Camping with River Rafting
Camping with Paragliding
Camping with River Rafting and Paragliding
Camping Location: Bhanu Bridge, ManaliCheck-In on Day 1: 10:00 AM
Check-Out on Day 2: 11:00 AM
The tour takes you on a journey to the rivers in Manali for rafting and camping by the riverside. This campsite is situated at a scenic valley filled with remnants of nature and gashing sound of the river. The site is equipped with all the basic amenities like an in house cafe, power backup, indoor and outdoor games.
All the camps in this property has a Flat screen TV, Private Bathroom, desk and a patio with a children's playground as well. This property also offers some indoor, outdoor games and evening entertainment.
How to reach?
The campsite is located around 5 Km from the Mall Road of Manali. You can board a private cab to reach the village.
Guide to Rafting in Manali
Best Time for Rafting in Manali
River rafting in Manali can be done throughout the year. However, it is advisable for all tourists not to plunge in rafting activities during the peak monsoon months. The Beas river is in full swing during the months of July and September and the high currents can cause any life-risking accidents. The extreme cold conditions during the winter months with the freezing temperature can also turn out to be unsuitable for river rafting.
Though you can avail of the thrilling activity anytime between February to October (barring the rainy season), Manali rafting is highly enjoyed during the warmer seasons. Thus, April to June happens to be the ideal time when hordes of enthusiasts flock to Manali to capture some gripping memories. The rafting stretch nearly 20 km long is comparatively safer than the other rivers. So plunge in and experience the thrill of a lifetime.
Also check: Adventurous activities to perform in Manali.
Rafting in Manali Cost
Scan through the Rafting in Manali cost and get amazed by the exciting offers. The cost depends on factors like the route chosen, the group size and the number of partakers during the season.
There are two types of packages:
1) One is called ‘Short rafting in Manali' this covers a distance of 7km. It is a very popular and less time-consuming rafting experience in the River Beas.
2) The other package is known as ‘Long rafting in Manali’, which covers a stretch of 14km in the River Beas. For those who are solely seeking adventure, long white river rafting is the best option. They also proffer a lot of options, wherein you could combine rafting with other activities and make the deal much more economical. Couples and honeymooners can also avail some exciting offers.
Also, check out some of the best tour packages of Manali other than rafting.
Classification of Rapids
Water rafting is one excursion that is best suited for water-rich rivers and Beas River in Kullu-Manali corridor is an idyllic stretch for conquering all your rafting fears. While beginners can kick-start their rafting expedition in Grade II rapids near Raison and Babeli. The river stretches between 2.5-3.5km offering comfortable Grade II levels.
The adventurists who are pro in rafting or have had rafting experience can embark on Grades III and Grades IV levels stretching to a sprawling length of around 7 – 14km near Pirdi region. Manali River rafting guarantees you with a nerve-wrenching experience. So, if this is your first time rafting experience we provide you in detail description of the grades that you are likely to encounter while white water rafting in Manali.
Get prepared to float your raft through harsh waters. Develop your group and prepare up with all the wellbeing ropes as while paddling through these evaluations you may need to take a shot at your moving procedure in light of the fact that the rapids are going to get somewhat harsh from here.
The minute you enter this level, you will be invited by foaming white water. Prepare yourself as you are liable to meet sudden drops. Beat the little waves ascending to a height, keeping in mind that your end goal is to lead forward with no tumbling.
While moving through these evaluations, ensure you have a superior procedure arranged in terms of balancing your raft - develop your team work for an exciting river rafting in Manali.
Once you enter this level, the heights and the size of the waves becomes irregular. Long and vibrant rapids test your rafting skills. Also, get ready to encounter an array of obstacles including rocks and strong eddies.
While encountering grade IV during Manali river rafting expedition you might need an experienced guide that is why this grade is best suited to professional rafters or who had any prior experience with the said grade level.
Check out here: The list of the things you should not miss to do in Manali.
Safety Measures in Rafting
Around 41 authoritatively enlisted rafting offices are situated along the Kullu Valley. Drop points start 20 km south of Manali close to Katrain, and stretch out to the city further reaching the Kullu region. All the river rafting expeditions in Manali are overseen and supervised by experts and experienced staff who have ample experience and training in handling any emergency situations as well.
Their skill set ensures that your security is the most astounding need for them. While whitewater rafting in Manali you will be advised about all the required Do's and Don'ts of rafting. The principal guideline of rafting is to get prepared with all the security robes, for example, life jackets and helmets.
However, these mandatory requirements are for your safety and do not ensure 100% safety but it is highly recommended that you strictly follow all the security codes before you dive into the water.
Ensure that you are comfortably dressed in order to stay away from any obstacle while indulging in white water rafting in Manali. The various rafting procedures and swimming system will be advised to you on site as well.
We understand the thrill of embarking on an adventure activity, but it is highly recommendable that you pay attention to the briefing and all the instructions that your instructor will tell you on site, also, it is wise enough to clear all your doubts regarding the techniques and procedures required in rafting before itself than while you are undertaking the activity.
Know more here: About some of the best places to visit in Manali which will make your trip a memorable one.
Things to Carry
It is always a good habit to be well decked up with all necessary things that could come handy while you prep up for river rafting in Manali. Also, all the rafting cap sites are located right on the banks of the river, thus, you might not able to purchase any much-needed item right on the spot.
Below listed are some of the essentials that you should carry so as to avoid any unannounced peril.1) Valid Identity Proof: It is always sensible to carry a valid Identity proof since rafting is an adventure sport, you will be required to provide your valid identity. Also, for various grades certain age bar is mandatory, thus, to have an obstacle-free Manali river rafting experience, you are expected to carry a current and valid ID proof.
2) All luggage to be carried in a ruck-sack – Pack light and travel light is the mantra of happy and safe travelling. Make sure that you pack everything in a backpack so that your hands are free.
3) A handy water bottle – Adventure sports may lead to dehydration so ensure you have an adequate amount of drinking water to keep you going. It is advisable to carry a water bottle (3 litres at least) so as to avoid any discomfort.
4) A Swiss/knife – Rafting in Manali is no doubt an adventure excursion – you might be at times need to inflate the raft or any other requirement. To meet the instant need of the time, a Swiss knife is something that always comes handy and is an essential commodity of an adventurist’s backpack. For a perfect adventurous experience, be prepared with all handy gears.
5) A Good quality and sturdy pair of walking shoes/ chappals/floaters – For adventurous activities, the first rule is to wear comfortable shoes and while rafting there is a danger of waves pulling you out of the raft. Ensure your feet are properly tucked in comfortable shoes. You will also be briefed about the appropriate footwear- so make sure you are well-prepared for any kind of requirement.
6) Extra pair of clothes – There is no second guessing that you will be getting thoroughly drenched; pack some extra clothing that you can put on the post you’re rafting in Manali. Make sure you pack something light such as T-shirt and shorts so that you do not face any discomfort while carrying the wet clothes back.
7) Sunglasses and a cap/hat – Manali is no doubt a hill-station, but daytimes might get sunny depending on the season of travel that you have opted for. It is advisable to have a proper headgear so as to protect yourself from the harsh sun.
8) Rain jacket – There is nothing more unpredictable than weather that too in hill-stations. It might not be the season of rain but we suggest you have everything in handy so that you enjoy your rafting experience to the core.
9) Waist Pouch – Instead of hunting for small-small things in your backpack, make sure you carry all your money, phones and other tiny things in a waist pouch. Also, a waist pouch reduces the risk of losing things.
10) Camera – There is no better way to recall a trip than by locking the moments forever on a camera film. Store all your lovely memories of river rafting in Manali in a camera – also Manali is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Himachal Pradesh, apart from rafting we are sure you would not want to miss any sightseeing excursion as well.
11) Any personal medication – Travelling might take a toll on your health. It is always suggested to pack all your personal medication with you. Change of a place and acclimatization with the weather might take time, thus, carry all your necessary medicines. Also, rafting might get a little dangerous depending on the grades that you are in. Carry some pain relieving sprays/ gels and antiseptic creams so as to avoid any bruises that you might encounter while participating in the activity.
How to Reach Manali
The closest airport to Manali is at Bhuntar, found roughly 50 kilometres far from Manali. Domestic flights join Bhuntar with Delhi and Chandigarh. Once at the air terminal, you can take a pre-paid taxi to Manali. Be that as it may, owing to climate conditions, flights are not the most dependable alternative for getting to or out of Manali.By Bus:
Manali is very much joined with popular tourist destinations like Leh, Shimla, Kullu, Dharamshala and New Delhi by a system of state-run transport and also private transport system. The transport venture from Delhi to Manali is 550 kilometres, and it is suggested to book your tickets in the air-conditioned Volvo coaches, as these buses are more comfortable keeping in mind the long journey.Road/Self:
The drive up to Manali is simply amazing! You can get grand looks of the bordering mountains and valleys from each turn that the twisty tough street tosses you in. Despite the fact that a great deal of vacationers inclines toward a self-drive up to Manali, it is fitting to procure a taxi in the event that you are not happy with driving in rocky areas.
Check here some of the best tours of Manali and book now to avail some great discounts.
Things to Keep in Mind
Your instructor is your lifesaver, so it is wise to hear him out. He knows precisely what you ought to do and when to do it too. Normal things that you will hear amid your float will be: forward, quick forward, incline left/right, sit in/out. So, brace up and do what you are being told to do.2. Hold onto your life jacket:
Whitewater rafting is most likely one of the best adventure experience that one can take up. Whether you are an amateur or a veteran, the rush of rafting never shows signs of change. No doubt rafting surprisingly can be nerve-wracking activity.
A decent quality life jacket can deal with around 110-150kgs of weight, which means regardless of the possibility that you fall in the water, your life jacket will offer you some assistance in staying above water.3. Use Feet forward technique while floating in water:
In spite of the fact that the possibilities of falling into the water while river rafting in Manali are off chance especially if you are in Grade II, still if you tumble, you ought to hop into your raft, if not then maintain your feet forward.
The trick is to stay comfortably on "top" of the water: this can offer you some assistance against getting stuck between rocks or suspicious gorges. It’s best to go with the flow, and never attempt standing in the water.4. Wear what is right for the activity:
Since you will be spending an extended period of time in the waters, it is likely that you will feel chilly regardless of the fact that the climate is hot. The best thing to do is to wear clothes that can get dry effortlessly. Materials like polyester and Capilene dry quickly and also keep your skin dry and warm.5. Use an effective Sunscreen:
Long hours of staying in water and sun can leave you with major tanning. Also, the sunburns that you get from rafting takes a long time to go. So, it is a good idea to apply a good amount of waterproof sunscreen with maximum SPF on the exposed areas.
We recommend you do a thorough research as to know what kind of sunscreen suits your body before going for something that might give you an allergic reaction.
Also, you can get info about places to stay in Manali here: Best resorts to stay in Manali.