Prashar Lake Trek Highlights
- Visit the pagoda-styled Rishi Prashar Temple that caters the outstanding architectural brilliance.
- Stay in the camps near the lake while admiring the beautiful vistas of mighty mountains.
- Indulge in the fun chit-chat session with your squad during bonfire beneath the sky full of stars.
- Trek through some of the most astonishing trails covered in pine trees & several streams.
- Admire the beauty of Prashar lake which is located at 2,730 m. above sea level.
Prashar Lake Trek Overview
About the Prashar Lake Trek:
Prashar Lake is nestled gloriously in Kullu Valley in the midst of the mighty Dhauladhar Ranges, which makes it a must-visit place for those who seek bliss in the laps of nature. The lake has its own floating island and the depth of the lake is still unknown.
The ancient pagoda-styled Prashar Rishi temple stands tall on the banks of the river which is made in honor of the Rishi Prashar. One of the many reasons to visit this place is that it offers 180-degree views of Pir Panjal, Dhauladhar, and Kinnaur mountain ranges from the peak point which is a feast to one's eyes.
Start Point/End Point: Panarsa
Start Time: 9:00 AM On Day 1
End Time: 3:30 PM Day 2
Prashar Lake Trek Package Inclusions:
- Stay: Dome tents on sharing basis
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Highly experienced guide
- Activities: Trekking & Camping
Prashar Lake Trek Quick Facts:
- Prashar Lake Trek Distance: 16 km
- Maximum Altitude: 2730 m
- Prashar Lake Trek Temperature: In summers, during the day, the temperature goes from 10 degrees C to 15 degrees C, and at night, it goes from -2 degrees C to 5 degrees C. and In winters, during the day, the temperature goes from 5 degrees C to 10 degrees C and at night, it goes from -2 degree C to 0 degrees C.
- Electricity: There will be electricity at the campsite on the trek.
- ATM: Manali is the last point where you will get ATM
How to reach:
There are various routes to choose from for the trek.The same bus going to Bhuntar will reach Panarsa which is 10 km before Bhuntar. From Panarsa, there are two options:
Cab to Jwalapur village (25 km) --> Trek to Prashar lake(6 Kms).
Cab to Tihri village (30Kms) --> Trek to Prashar Lake.
Prashar Lake Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
Prashar Lake Trek with Camping and Meals
More Details about Prashar Lake Trek
Know Before You Go for Prashar Lake Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask is recommended.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Please carry a valid ID proof.
- The exact location of the the starting point of the trek will be shared post booking.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Prashar Lake Trek.
- The Prashar Lake Trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the Parashar lake trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Parashar Lake trek.
Things To Carry for Prashar Lake Trek
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf