Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
|Package Name||Duration||Price Starts From||Rating|
|Blue Whale Watching Tour in Bentota and Koggala||8 Hrs||₹ 3743||5.0 star||View Details|
|Mountain Bike Ride in Sri Lanka||6 Hrs||₹ 2450||4.0 star||View Details|
|Scenic Tour of Colombo in Air Plane||₹ 8506||4.0 star||View Details|
|Elephant Safari and Village Tour in Habarana||4 Hrs||₹ 1293||4.0 star||View Details|
|Sightseeing Tour of Southern Sri Lanka||15 Hrs||₹ 8165||3.0 star||View Details|
Ask a Question
What You Should Know More About Tours in Srilanka
You can enjoy a scenic tour of Colombo city on an airplane. Cinnamon Air Scenic Flights in Sri Lanka enables you to enjoy the aerial view of this island country.Once you embark on the tour you will have a bird’s eye view of key towns of Sri Lanka such as Panadura, Moratuwa, Kalutara, Ratnapura, Wadduwa and Avissawella. The airplane tours are usually for just 20 minutes but they leave you with memories for a lifetime. Do not forget to carry your camera on this private tour.
There are several places in Sri Lanka which can be best enjoyed on a walking tour. Some of them have been mentioned below:
· Walking tour of Galle Fort
· Exploring Dambulla cave temple complex which is now a UNESCO World Heritage site
· Sightseeing tour of Colombo city
· Walking tour of Kandy Lake
· Walking tour of Bentota
· Exploring the Temple of Truth
· Walking tour of Sinharaja Forest Reserve
· Hike to the Adam’s Peak
The best place for whale watching in Sri Lanka is Dondra Point. It can be easily accessed from Mirissa, Galle and Hikkaduwa. Another place where you can indulge in whale watching is Trincomalee. You can embark on whale watching tour in Eastern, Southern or Western coast of Sri Lanka with a professional operator. Mirissa whale watching tour costs around $30 for adults and $15 for children. This costs varies depending on the operator you choose and things which are included in your itinerary.
For mountain biking Sri Lanka offers some of the best opportunities. You can go in for 35 km bike ride right amidst the tea plantations of Akuressa. This bike ride takes you closer to the bio- diversity in Sri Lanka. You will see the tropical palms, coconut trees and picturesque mountains of Galle from close quarters. The mountain biking trip requires a lot of stamina and determination.
There is so much to see in Sri Lanka. Some of the popular tourist attractions in Sri Lanka are:
· Dambulla Caves temple also referred to as the Golden Rock temple (this is world heritage city declared by UNESCO)
· Sinharaja Forest Reserve (this is a UNESCO World Heritage site)
· National Museum in Colombo
· Pinnewala Elephant Orphanage
· Ceylon Tea Museum
· Temple of Truth in Kandy
· Kandy Lake
· Arugam Bay
· International Buddhist Museum
Elephant safari is a popular activity amongst both the locals and tourists in Sri Lanka. This activity can be done in Habarana which is located at a distance of 210 kms from Colombo. This is actually a transit place for huge herds of wild elephants at National Parks of Kaudulla and Minneriya. It is quite hot in this place so do not forget to carry your sunglasses, hat and sunscreen. Book this group tour well in advance to avoid cancellations.
Sri Lanka offers some of the best trekking tours. Mentioned below are some of them:
Trekking tour of Belihuloya
Trekking tour of Adam’s Peak
Trekking tour of Knuckles Mountain Range
Trekking the beautiful Haputale area
Trekking tour of Sinharaja Rainforest
The best places for walking in Sri Lanka are Kottawa Rainforest and Arboretum woods. This evergreen forest area is a delight for those who love walking. Take a guided tour so as to fully explore the tropical wetland.
The best places for catamaran and boating trips in Sri Lanka are:
· Boating trip of Bentota and Bruwela
· Catamaran trip of Topaz
· Boating trip of Trincomalee Bay
· Mirissa Boating trip
Yes, a seaplane tour over Kandy can be undertaken. It costs around INR 8506. This airplane tour helps you to have an aerial view of this amazingly beautiful town
Cycling on quiet back roads, moving through the villages, and lush mountain plantations is an interesting experience. You can explore the diverse landscape, culture and an extraordinary gamut of flora and fauna.
· Biking from the main city of Kandy to Gampola , thinly populated hill country, and making short sharp climbs to and traversing on the road with minimal traffic to the picturesque tea plantations and national parks to the beautiful southern beaches to the historic Galle Fort is amazing .
· Another popular biking route starts from the Airport to Dambulla to Kandy-Eliya to Ella to Tangalle to scenic coastal road with one or two beach stops. Take a3-hour tour of Galle with
· Bike from Negombo and move south along the coast, to Matara, through Uda Walawe National Park to Batticaloa on the mid east coast, then north to Jaffna as you pass through Trincomalee through the middle to Kandy and back to Negombo.
Enjoy surfing and snorkelling and scuba diving in happening Hikkaduwa located on the south western coast of Sri Lanka. This is one of the most sought after locations for surfing. In Hikkaduwe you can surf and especially during season you can ride the high waves. Here there is deep water and flat reef’s, thus making this place ideal for surfing. Adventure lovers enjoy surfing in the serene and quiet atmosphere of Arugam Bay.
Partake in Jet Ski riding, and thrilling boogie boarding in Bentota, snorkelling in Pigeon Island and White Water Rafting Adventure in Kithulgala and Lagoon canoeing in Unawatuna.
Indulge in kite surfing in Kalpitiya lagoon located nearly 95 km from Colombo. Kalpitiya lagoon is haven for kite surfers and adventure enthusiasts.
Lagoon canoeing in SriLanka enables you to enjoy the countryside appeal of this scenic island place. You can cruise in canoeing boats during a trip to Unawatuna. During canoeing, you will have spectacular views of various known and unknown bird species flocking on the distant trees. Lagoon canoeing in Galle is thrilling experience. Canoeing in the scenic Tangalle lagoon is a captivating activity. Lagoon canoeing in Hikkaduwe is done by adventure enthusiasts. Take exciting boat tours and canoeing trips in Negombo lagoon
Sri Lanka is one of the best food destinations especially for vegetarians, since large number of the people’s favourite dishes are meat free. Indulge yourself in the food tasting tour and try the, diverse spices and culinary flavours of Sri Lanka as food is cooked in a locally crafted clay pot over an open fire.
· Experiment making egg hoppers and kottu roti in Kandy village
· Colombo walking Food Tour
· Exotic Food tasting tour in karuna’s cooking class in Unawatuna
· Superb food tasting tour in Mirissa
· Nuwara Eliya
· Mlesna Tea Castle Situated near Devon Falls
· Create and taste an authentic and delicious Sri Lankan delicacies in Nautilus Cooking class in Unawatuna
Large herds of Elephants, Deer, Sambhur, deer Langur, Wild Boar, Water Buffalo, Jackal and avifauna are found in Uda Walawe National Park. Take an exciting jeep safari and have an amazing wildlife safari experience
· Explore the undeveloped Wilpattu National Park and nature reserve known for known for its natural lakes and leopard
· Discover Wasgamuwa National Park situated in the Matale and Polonnaruwa Districts and see herds of elephants in their natural habitat
· Visit Horton Plains National Park in the central highlands of Sri Lanka to see exotic birds and leopard
· jungle safari in (Minneriya National Park)
Popular as the ‘pearl in the Indian Ocean', Sri Lanka offers world-class Scuba-Diving and Snorkelling tours to adventure enthusiasts. See the incredible variety of tropical fish, beautiful reefs which are home to manta rays, reef sharks and the turtles.
Best diving and snorkelling sites in Sri Lanka are:
· ‘Bar Reef' on the west coast which is easily accessible from the Puttalam district town of Kalpitiya
· Sun Diving in Unawatuna
More Things to do in Srilanka
Other Listings in Srilanka