Sri Lanka packagesBrowse through a wide range of Sri Lanka holidays packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Sri Lanka vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
Check out the wide range of Sri Lanka Tour Packages from Thrillophilia with a wide range of deals and attractive offers. We design these packages keeping in mind your personal tastes and preferences. By offering various activities that you can add to your checklist, we offer an astounding experience that you will remember for years to come.
Whether you are a solo traveller or travelling with your family, friends, or partner, we have attractive packages for every kind. You can further customize these packages to suit your taste. By curating our Sri Lanka Holiday Packages and letting you explore a wide-range of itineraries, we enrich your travel experience.
We understand that the core idea of travelling is to bring people together, and therefore create opportunities for you to make fascinating memories with us. Sri Lanka offers a wonderful contrast of thrill and tranquillity and Sri Lanka Holiday Packages gives you a taste of both.
By booking these packages, you can stay in some of the most luxury hotels in Sri Lanka at pocket-friendly prices. Whether you want a short tour covering all the major tourist spots, or an extended trip covering the entire country, we have it all for you.
From sightseeing tours to scrumptious meals to cultural performances, our Sri Lanka Tours make sure your experience is exotic and surreal. We have special honeymoon packages, adventure packages, and tour packages that offer a complete overview of Sri Lanka and its rich culture and heritage.
Our services are flawless and they enrich your experience in this foreign country where there is no dearth of natural and man-made splendours. By availing these packages, we allow you to spend your holiday anyway you want to and make special memories that will always stay with you. With this, you get the optimum amount of luxury and comfort and a happening itinerary.
Popular Sri Lanka Tour Packages
|3 Nights 4 Days Sri Lanka Package||4D/3N||₹ 18499.0||4.0 star|
|Sri Lanka Tour Package from Mumbai 2021 | Flat 22% off||7D/6N||₹ 25000||5.0 star|
|Sri Lanka Tour Package from Delhi 2021 | Flat 25% off||7D/6N||₹ 30000||5.0 star|
|Sri Lanka Tour Package from India 2021 | Flat 15% off||6D/5N||₹ 20000||5.0 star|
|Sri Lanka Tour Package from Kolkata 2021 | Flat 25% off||6D/5N||₹ 30000||4.0 star|
Newly Added Sri Lanka Experience
Secret Beach Ravana's Cave Mirissa Beach Ella Rock Parrot Rock Bridge Ceylon Tea Factory Little Adam's Peak Coconut Tree Hill Dhowa rock temple Weligambay Beach Mahamevnawa Monastery Matara Beach Uva Halpewatte Tea Factory Kithal Ella Falls The Doctors House Halpe Pattini Devalaya Taprobane Island Horton Plains National Park Koggala Beach Kelaniya Raja Maha Vihara Ella Spice Garden Unawatuna Beach Gangaramaya Temple Seema Malaka Jungle Beach Dehiwala Zoo Royal Palace of Kandy
It was amazing tour of Srilanka.Everything arranged was on time and was proper from food to stay to transfers. I will surely recommend to everyone.
Amazing, all the spots were beautiful, the boat is nice. Snorkeling was great too. Overall it was an amazing tour.
I use to book with this trustworthy company ( Thrillophilia ) for my short tours but this was my first booking for the long tour ( International package ) I knew about the company policy and service which is why I'm comfortable...The agent helps me with many options packages which I choose with this one...The representative already waited for us at the airport before the time gave...The picked-up transport was good, spacious and comfortable, the hotel they provided was very good, We start the trip as per itinerary which is well planned and we follow according to it, the entire places we visited was lovely, the place has its amazing scenic beauty for sure will give you a good photograph... it was hard to describe each place in details as words were less to describe the beauty of it...A nice tour guide who was detailed about each place...Now I'm ready for the next tour...
Amazing holiday package by Thrillophilia, My family and I had a great experience and we really enjoyed a lot the whole trip, the arrangement was totally excellent, the hotels were very comfortable and the transport too, the meals there was truly delicious especially seafood. To be honest from the beginning till the end we didn't face any difficulty at all...and one thing we really like about was the service we get from this company when we had any questions we just called the support number and the agent instantly took actions on it, the places in Sri Lanka was truly paradise, the scenic beauty of the place worth recommending lots of pictures we took, We were very glad that we didn't miss anything on this tour...The most fun which my kids like it so much was the visit to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage which they had a great time feeding and bathing the innocent creatures. the Sacred Tooth Relic is well-maintained and the art was just lovely... At Bentota, we enjoyed the sightseeing of the place, beach, and many watersport activities...and lots more...the place really amazed us with its beauty... we learn a lot about the place and its culture...Worthwhile tour
Using Thrillophilia for the first time and the team plans our best vacation for 7-days in Sri Lanka that's without any hassle, and it turns out to be a fantastic experience from the beginning to the end...We got picked up from the airport on-time by the professional driver, the team who helps out us the entire trip was responsive, and communicative throughout the trip...The hotel we stayed it was well-maintained with amazing hospitalities and services along they served us with delicious breakfast every morning...The sightseeing-spots we covered were all the major highlights of the place our highlights of the trips were the visit to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic, and thrilling and fun at Bentota beach, and as well amazing city tour ( Colombo )...I will definitely be checking in with you when we are getting ready to go on our next-international trip to a new-destination
The environment and surroundings of the places are awesome and worth visiting. We loved the whole itinerary and its execution and the team was also friendly enough.
This was the first time I had booked our holiday from an online vendor and I am extremely satisfied with the services of Thrillophilia. It was truly a great deal to crack at the time when everything was pricy.
I booked a tour to Sri Lanka from Hyderabad, I went with my colleagues, it was a fun tour with full pleasure and joy. We visited various ancient architectural places. We were very enchanted by the facilities provided to us by the team, the tour made was very comfortable and satisfying. It was one of a best decision to select Thrillophilia as our tour planner.
This summer I planned a tour to Sri Lanka, but I got puzzled due to the subsequent procedures. So then I was advised by my friend about Thrillophilia and it was a blessing as everything was well organised and quite easy. It was fun knowing about the mythological culture of our neighboring country. I am grateful to the team for such a wonderful experience and quality services provided. Cheers to Thrillophilia.
I booked a tour to Sri Lanka from Jaipur, which was an excellent experience.The tour comprised of various sightseeing places and happening activities. The country has places enriched with bio-diversity. It was convenient booking with Thrillophilia, as it was pre-planned.Thanks Thrillophilia.
People Also Ask About Sri Lanka Tours
Which are the best Sri Lanka tour packages?Here is the best tour packages of Sri Lanka:- 7 Days Sightseeing Tour Of Sri Lanka Flat 22% Off
- Sri Lanka Tour Package From India 2020 | Flat 15% Off
Which are the famous places to visit during the Sri Lanka tour?1. Ella: A charming village decorated with beautiful tea plantations, Ella is a dream come true for soul searchers and nature buffs. This small hamlet in Sri Lanka captivates travellers with its stunning waterfalls, picturesque spice gardens, and thrilling mountain hikes.
From mesmerizing waterfalls like Bopath Falls and Ravana Falls to the serene environment of Little Adam's Peak and Nine Arches Bridge, Ella is a treat for your senses. This village has a glorious past that you must know about while on Sri Lanka Tours. There are some popular spiritual points here, like the Mahamevnawa Monastery, the Dhowa Rock temple, and the Muthiyangana temple.
Location: Badulla District of Uva Province.
2. Gangaramaya Temple: This is a popular Buddhist temple in Sri Lanka featuring exceptional architecture and surrounded by tranquillity and calmness. The main attraction of this place is the gigantic Buddha statue, with the temple ceilings depicting paintings that narrate his life.
This 19th-century temple attracts tourists from all over the world, every year. This place is not just a spiritual abode, and apart from its stunning architecture, it is also a learning centre with the Sri Jinarathana Training Institute located inside it.
Entry Fee: Rs 100.
Timing: 6 AM to 10 PM.
3. Dehiwala Zoo: Be sure to include one of the oldest zoos in Asia in your Sri Lanka Tour Packages. This place, also known as the National Zoological Gardens of Sri Lanka, has over 2500 animals, reptiles, birds, amphibians, and butterflies. There are species that are native to Sri Lanka as well as various animals from faraway countries.
Apart from the animal species, the lush greenery surrounding this place is also quite attractive and diverse. While here, you can interact with some harmless mammals and birds, and observe the lifecycle of several animals.
Location: Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia.
Entry Fee: Rs 700.
Timing: 8:30 AM to 6 PM.
4. National Museum: This 19th-century museum is the largest in Sri Lanka and holds some fascinating collections including the throne and the crown of Kandyan kings. The museum is a two-storied building situated amidst a well-maintained lawn with banyan trees providing ample shade.
The place is also famous for housing a fourth-century statue of Buddha, located right in the lobby. You will also get to see fascinating demon masks, carvings, statues, and ancient art. It also has some relics from the colonial period, such as ancient swords and guns.
Location: Sir Marcus Fernando Mawatha, Colomboinia.
Entry Fee: Rs 500.
Timing: 9 AM to 5 PM.
5. Bundala National Park: The Bundala National Park is a heaven for bird-watchers, with more than 200 colourful and vibrant bird species living here. Spanning a huge area of 6216 hectares, this place boasts an amazing topography featuring sand dunes, lagoons, marshes, and scrubs.
Several water bird species arrive here, attracted to the lagoons. There are about 50 migratory bird species you can find here as well. To see them all, you must include this place in your Sri Lanka Packages.
Location: Weligatta, Bundala.
Entry Fee: Rs 442 + vehicle charges.
Timing: 9 AM to 7 PM.
6. Sinharaja Forest Reserve: This national park in Sri Lanka is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is filled with native animal and plant species, and is the last stretch of tropical rainforest in the country. The thick vegetation consisting of tropical trees create a canopy of sorts.
Here, you can see animals like langur, elephants, and leopards, as well as tree frogs, hump nosed vipers, and pit vipers. Some of the bird species you can see here include the Crested Drongo, Orange Billed Babbler, Red Faced Malkoha, and Blue Magpie. You should make sure to add this place to your Sri Lanka Holiday Packages itinerary.
Entry Fee: Rs 644.
Timing: 6:30 AM to 6 PM.
7. Galle Dutch Fort: This fort was built by the Portuguese while they were ruling in Sri Lanka and was later modernized by the Dutch.
Today, it is a world heritage site, thanks to its astounding blend of European and South Asian architecture. This place displays a subtle blend of antiquity and old architecture in the midst of breathtaking natural beauty. The intricate artworks on the walls of the fort will leave you fascinated.
Location: Church St, Galle.
8. Royal Palace of Kandy: This magnificent royal palace used to be the home of the Sri Lankan monarchs once upon a time.
While on Sri Lanka tours, you can visit this place to experience the creative brilliance of its architecture while also marvelling at the greenery surrounding the place. Inside the palace, you can find the king's palace, the queen's palace, the king's headquarters, and the queen's bathing pavilion.
Location: Raja Veediya, Kandy.
Entry Fee: Rs 1000.
Timing: 5:30 AM to 8 PM.
9. Sigiriya: Your Sri Lanka Tour Packages will take you to Sigiriya, a 1600 years old fortress that was constructed by King Kasyapa. The fort features a large compound with three ramparts and two moats.
Here, you can find amazing fresco paintings hand-painted by King Kasyapa himself, and they depict celestial nymphs dancing. There is also a white palace inside the fort that has intricate wall carvings. You should visit this place early in the morning as the surroundings appear quite beautiful at that time.
Location: Rock Front, Sigiriya.
Entry Fee: Rs 1123.
Timing: 7 AM to 4 PM.
10. Dondra Head Lighthouse: This old lighthouse is a popular Sri Lanka Packages inclusion as it gives you the chance to witness the magnificent ocean. Beautiful Bougainvillea flowers and coconut trees surround this place, the cool breeze blowing is an added plus.
This lighthouse is one of the last remnants of colonial architecture in Sri Lanka and you need to climb 196 steps in order to reach the top. It is a great place to escape the noise of the city and let yourself be transported to the past.
Location: Southeast of Matara town.
Entry Fee: Rs 202.
Timing: 24 hours.
What are the best things to do on the Sri Lanka tour?1. Watersports: The Bentota Beaches and the Madu River offer several water sport activities like yachting, canoeing, speed boat ride, paramotoring, parasailing, banana boat ride, and jet skiing.
You also have the opportunity to take a boat ride and explore the fascinating mangrove forests in the area. Whether you are a beach bum or a water baby, you will have plenty of opportunities for thrill and fun around here. There will be instructors present to guide you through some of the activities.
Location: Madu River, Bentota Beach.
Price: Rs 1500 per person.
Timing: 8 AM to 4 PM.
2. Visiting Turtle Hatcheries: While on Sri Lanka Tours, you must explore the turtle hatcheries and learn more about these amazing creatures. These hatcheries provide a safe space where the turtles can grow until the time comes when they have to set off for the sea.
The people working in these hatcheries not only take care of the turtles, but they make constant efforts to find endangered and injured turtles and bring them to the centre for protection.
Location: Bentota Beach.
Price: Rs 202 per person.
Timing: 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
3. Whale Watching: The ocean near Sri Lanka is well-known for its whale population and it is one thing you don’t want to miss out on during your Sri Lanka Tour Packages trip.
This activity involves heading out to the sea on a boat and witnessing these behemoths in their natural habits. You can get to see the Pilot Whale, Killer Whale and the Bryde’s Whale. If you are extremely lucky, you can catch a glimpse of the gigantic blue whale.
Location: Dondra Port.
Price: Rs 71028.33.
Timing: 6 AM to 6 PM.
4. Wildlife Safari: Sri Lanka island of biodiversity and there are plenty of opportunities here for wildlife safaris. While on a safari you can get to see animals like the purple-faced langur, sambar, leopards, and elephants. The best time to witness these animals in their natural surroundings would be from December to March.
Location: Yala National Park, Thalgasmankada, Sri Lanka.
Price: Rs 5621.14.
Timing: 6 AM to 6 PM.
5. Scuba Diving: This activity takes you into the warm waters of the Indian ocean where you get to see several marine creatures like dolphins, whales, sea turtles, and several fish species. There will always be instructors to help you out with this activity and you can enjoy the food cooked by the locals as well.
Location: Near Mount Lavinia.
Price: Rs 3073.63.
Timing: 8:30 AM to 8:45 PM.
6. Camping: If you want to make the most out of Sri Lanka tour packages you must experience what it is like to camp out in the forest at night. It is an extraordinary thing to rise up to the song of birds and spend time enjoying delicious food by the campfire at night. The wonderful terrains at the national park provide splendid views of freshwater lakes, ravines, rocky pools, and scrub vegetation.
Location: Yala National Park, Thalgasmankada, Sri Lanka.
Price: Rs 1825.59.
Timing: 6 AM to 6 PM.
7. White Water Rafting: White water rafting is an exciting water sport where you have to row your boat over rapids with the fast current filling you with thrill. There are different difficulty levels for beginners and intermediates and you will be provided with adequate safety equipment.
Price: Rs 609.
8. Kite Surfing: You should definitely include kitesurfing in your Sri Lanka Tour Packages as it is an experience like no other. Whether you are a freestyle kite surfer or a beginner, you will get the thrill you are looking for.
There are Kite Surfing schools where professionals can teach you this amazing art. There are also comfortable accommodations available nearby which makes it really convenient for you to try this sport.
Price: Rs 3372.55.
9. Hot Air Ballooning: If you wish to get the most out of your Sri Lanka Packages, you should definitely go for a hot air balloon ride.
You will be thrilled as the balloon rises up in the air and when it reaches a certain height, you can marvel at the serenity around you. This is a great opportunity for you to click some special photographs. From up above, you can see the majestic rainforest and mountains and absorb the wonders surrounding you.
Price: Rs 5274.98.
10. Visit a Casino: Although Sri Lanka is most famous for its natural beauty, there are several casino joints where you can try your luck. These places offer customized services and sophisticated interiors to keep you engaged. The most famous casinos in Colombo are Marina Colombo, MGM Colombo, Bellgio, and Bally's. While you are inside the casinos, you could try out some mouthwatering dishes.
Price: Rs 41.
Which are the most romantic things to do on the Sri Lanka tour?1. Candle lit Dinner: Enjoying a candlelit dinner with your loved one is one of the special things you can do during Sri Lanka Tours. Enjoying dinner on a peaceful, secluded beach while watching the sun go down can be a memorable experience.
Location: Jetwing Beach.
Price: Rs 3447.08.
2. Sailing: Sailing along Sri Lanka’s South or East coast on a cruise is a memorable experience where you can explore quaint fishing villages and remote beach towns, as the well as the old Galle trading port.
Location: Mirissa and Beruwela.
Price: Rs 5500.
Timing: 4 PM to 7 PM.
3. Boat Ride: Boat Ride is an activity you must undertake as a part of your Sri Lanka Packages. Being on a boat on a lazy river with your partner while watching the beautiful surroundings can be a romantic experience indeed.
Location: Medu River.
Price: Rs 1212.
Timing: 7:30 AM to 5 PM.
4. Helicopter Ride: A helicopter ride could be the most romantic part of your Sri Lanka Holiday Packages, soaring over the mountains and the rainforest with your love by your side. You can enjoy a birds-eye view of the exotic animals, heritage sites, and incredible landscapes. You get a true sense of the beautiful landscape of Sri Lanka from up above.
Price: Rs 157419.57.
Timing: 6:30 AM to 6 PM.
How to reach Sri Lanka?The easiest way to reach Sri Lanka is to take a flight to Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo. Since it is an island country, there is no way you travel there by road or by train. If you wish to travel by sea, you can get on a luxurious cruise-liner from Mumbai that will take you to Colombo.
What is the best time to visit Sri Lanka?It depends on where in Sri Lanka you wish to travel on Sri Lanka Tour Packages. If you plan to go to the south or west coasts, then the best time to visit would be between December and March. If you’re heading to the north and east coast, you should visit between May and September.
How much does a trip to Sri Lanka cost?Visiting Sri Lanka by flight would cost you between 9000 to 17,000 Rupees. While there, you would be spending around 2698.71 Rupees each day. On average, you would need to spend 567.48 Rupees every day on food and 237.64 Rupees on transportation.
How to reach Sri Lanka from India?After booking Sri Lanka Packages, your best option to reach the island country from India would be via air. Colombo International Airport is where the majority of international travellers arrive.
You can find direct flights from Chennai, Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi. Alternatively, you can book a luxury cruise from Mumbai port that will take you to Colombo, but this will take quite some time.
What is Sri Lanka famous for?Sri Lanka is known for its rich Buddhist culture. So you can expect to find several Buddhist shrines and statues of Lord Buddha there while on Sri Lanka Tours.
Other than that, the country has beautiful beaches where you can chill out and take part in watersports activities. The natural splendour of Sri Lanka is also something worth talking about, with diverse wildlife consisting of leopards, elephants and other animals and birds.
How many days are enough in Sri Lanka?To fully explore the beautiful island of Sri Lanka, you will need about 6-7 days, so you should choose your Sri Lanka Packages accordingly. Within this time period, you cover the popular destinations like Mirissa, Galle City, the palace of King Kashyapa, and Colombo City.
Is Sri Lanka expensive to visit?Sri Lanka is not that expensive and you don’t need to splurge too much while exploring this island nation. Touring Sri Lanka on Sri Lanka Tour Packages would cost you roughly around 2000 Rupees per day. If you are travelling from India, or any other SAARC country, you might be asked to pay less compared to other foreigners.
Is passport required for Sri Lanka from India?Prior to arriving in Sri Lanka, Indians can apply for eTA. You would need a passport to apply for this. Things are made easy through visas on arrival. So after booking Sri Lanka Packages, you should make sure your passport is in order.
Where is the best place to see a blue whale in Sri Lanka?Mirissa is a small on the southern coast of Sri Lanka which is famous for its whale-watching activities. You can take a boat cruise from the coast that will take you out into the ocean where you can witness these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
How safe is Sri Lanka for tourists?Sri Lanka is generally considered safe for tourists so you can go ahead and book Sri Lanka Holiday Packages without worrying about safety. Following the end of the civil war in 2009, the country is in peace. Since it is a small island, the authorities can easily manage law and order. But still, you should be cautious about your belongings and not travel alone at night.
Do I need a visa for Sri Lanka?If you are travelling to Sri Lanka on Sri Lanka Packages, you must get an Electronic Travel Authorization first. For this, you will require a passport. The passports should be a blank page and valid for a minimum of six months from the date of arrival. If you are travelling to Sri Lanka from India, you can get a visa on arrival, so it is a hassle-free process really.
What is the currency of Sri Lanka?The currency of Sri Lanka is the Sri Lankan Rupee. 1 Sri Lankan Rupee is equal to 0.40 Indian Rupee, 0.0054 USD, and 0.0045 Euro.
Where can I do an elephant safari in Sri Lanka?Sri Lanka is known for its elephant population and taking a ride on the back of an elephant is something you must do as a part of your Sri Lanka Tour Packages. The most popular location for elephant safari in Sri Lanka is Habarana which is located northeast of the capital city of Colombo. The Udawalawe National Park in southern Sri Lanka is another popular spot for elephant riding activities.
Which are the best water sports to enjoy in Sri Lanka?1. Scuba diving: The magical waters of Sri Lanka are known to host a plethora of marine creatures. You can try this thrill-inducing water sport and see the glorious aquatic organisms like Lionfish, nudibranch, rays, Blue Whale, and many more.
2. White water rafting: The best way to get over the fear of water is to indulge in a heart-racing water sport. The adventure of rowing through the vociferous waves will give you the experience of a lifetime.
3. Water skiing: Pleasant weather, glorious sandy beaches, and the thrill of racing with the majestic waves of the ocean is something that you are unlikely to forget anytime soon. There are numerous water ski camps that are part of the Sri Lanka Tour Packages.
4. Snorkelling: The chance to witness the undeniable charm of the underwater propels most to try snorkelling. It gives off an adrenaline boost, and the sheer beauty of the marine life below the surface of the water will leave you stunned.
5. Surfing: The adrenaline rush that you get from balancing yourself on the tumultuous wave whilst being surrounded by the picturesque beauty of nature is unparalleled. You can partake in surfing at Weligama beach, Arugam Bay, etc. and gain unforgettable memories of the trip.
Which are the famous beaches in Sri Lanka?1. Mirissa: Mirissa beach features long stretches of golden sand dotted with restaurants and pretty little shacks, palm trees decorated with fairy lights, and sunsets that will take your breath away. This place is perfect for a river safari and activities like swimming, surfing, etc.
2. Weligama: Known as one of the most beautiful beaches in all of Sri Lanka, Weligama Beach is perfect for some snaps with family or some cosy moments with your partner. Don't forget to try diving, surfing, snorkelling, and many more adventurous water sports.
3. Induruwa: This quaint sandy beach offers the picturesque sight of villages, Batatotalena cave, and the majestic Bopath Ella Fall. You can visit the Maadu River and the water lagoons to witness the ethereal beauty of nature and the cacophony of numerous aquatic organisms and birds.
4. Arugam Bay: If you are a surf lover, then this is the beach you must visit to make some unforgettable memories. Apart from surfing, you can also try underwater photography, fishing, and get the chance to witness thousands of migratory birds.
5. Hikkaduwa: Part of the Sri Lanka Holiday Packages, the panoramic beauty of nature surrounding this beach will soothe your soul. You can visit the nightclubs, try the native cuisine, and indulge in knowing the local community by participating in the Hikkaduwa Beach Festival.
Which are the best cities to explore in Sri Lanka?1. Galle: Famous for the Dutch fort that is now a UNESCO Heritage Site, the picturesque city of Galle is imbued with rich cultural history. Apart from historical sites, you will find churches, mosques, and mansions that will leave you awe-struck.
2. Kandy: Known as the cultural seat of Sri Lanka, Kandy is declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Once the seat of power to the ancient kings, it is now rich in history and has several magnificent tourist sites, including the temple of the sacred tooth relic and is included in the Sri Lanka Packages.
3. Negombo: If you simply want to relax and rejuvenate, then a visit to this laid-back city is a must. You can explore the Dutch canal, the British-era fort, or simply lounge out in the sandy beaches.
4. Nuwara Eliya: Once favoured by Britishers, the city has still retained its rustic charm. Hills covered with dense green vegetation, tea plantations, and buildings of the colonial era make it the perfect city for some exploration.
5. Unawatuna: Friendly atmosphere, beautiful sandy beaches, and the numerous palm trees along the beaches make it one of the most popular cities to relax. The calm water of the Indian Ocean is perfect for a variety of water sports, including snorkelling, scuba diving, etc.
Which are the famous historical sites and temples in Sri Lanka?1. Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic: Situated in the complex of the Royal Palace of Sri Lanka, this temple hosts one of the most sacred relics – the tooth of Buddha. The magnificent architectural style attracts numerous devotees and tourists.
2. Polonnaruwa: This ancient capital of Sri Lanka has now been declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is part of the Sri Lanka Tours. The ancient ruins, statues of Buddha, and the sheer architectural prowess of an era long gone can be seen here.
3. Yapahuwa: Once a powerful military holding doubling as a palace, Yapahuwa is now counted among the most glorious historical landmarks in Sri Lanka. You will find a fortress, museum, and the traces of life left by the monks.
4. Velgam Vehera Buddhist Monastery: This ancient Buddhist monastery is believed to be established around 3300 B.C. and is now highly popular among devotees. Although much of the monastery is in ruin, you can still view the stupas, inscriptions, and stone architecture.
5. Sigiriya: Built by King Kasyapa in 495 AD as a palace, this rock fortress is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The way that it protrudes out into the dense green forest makes it look an amazing place and you are unlikely to forget it anytime soon.
Which are the best wildlife parks and sanctuaries in Sri Lanka?1. Udawalawe National Park: Initially built to provide protection to Udawalawe Reservoir's watershed, this national park is the perfect place to witness some magnificent wild elephants. You also get to witness some beautiful raptors like the serpent eagle, changeable hawk-eagle, etc.
2. Yala National Park: The Yala National Park is famously known for housing around 30 Sri Lankan leopards. The park has a combination of marine, freshwater, along with woodland areas, which make it a great spot for birds, langur monkey, sambar, golden jackal, etc.
3. Horton Plains National Park: Located on a high plateau in Nuwara Eliya, the Horton Plains National Park hosts numerous endemic species of flora and fauna and wildlife. It is the perfect spot to get a glimpse of the Sri Lankan bush warbler, the dwarf lizard, and the whistling thrush native to Sri Lanka.
4. Wilpattu National Park: Opened again in 2003, Wilpattu National Park boasts of being the largest park in Sri Lanka and is included in the Sri Lanka Packages. It is perfect for seeing the sloth bears.
5. Bundala National Park: If you are an avid bird watcher, then a visit to the beautiful Bundala National Park is a must. It contains wetlands and coastal lagoons, which are perfect for elephants, migratory birds like flamingos, crocodiles, etc.
What are the best adventure activities to do in Sri Lanka?1. Rainforest camping: Being surrounded by nature at all times and exploring it makes rainforest camping one of the highly sought-after adventurous activities in Sri Lanka. You can try this in the Kitulgala Forest Reserve.
2. Scuba diving: The best way to get acquainted with the enthralling marine life whilst getting a thrill out of is to try scuba diving which is part of the Sri Lanka Tour Packages. The beauty hidden underwater and the sheer diversity of marine life will leave you breathless.
3. Trekking: The various trekking trails of Sri Lanka give you the perfect opportunity to embark on an adventurous journey. You not only get to witness the radiant beauty of nature around but also get to taste the sumptuous local cuisine.
4. Kite surfing: Using the wind to propel your movement across the tumultuous waves gives an adequate boost of adrenaline. The feeling of the wind on your face and the picturesque beauty of nature around will make you try it again and again.
5. Rock climbing: The rush of adrenaline that you will get while climbing the majestic rocks is simply unreplaceable. You can try the Bambarakanda waterfalls, and you will find that the beauty of the site at the end is worth all the efforts.