Darjeeling PackagesDarjeeling tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Darjeeling holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Darjeeling packages with exciting deals & offers.
To let you have the best of your Darjeeling tour, the well-trained and experienced travel experts at Thrillophilia have crafted the most exciting tour packages. Curated with extensive strategies on the table, these packages let you make the most out of your trip to the mystical mountains, verdant valleys, rolling meadows, and aromatic tea estates of Darjeeling.
With the Darjeeling tour package from Thrillophilia, you will get the perfect itinerary that will offer you the chance to cover the maximum possible within your stipulated trip duration. These packages will not just offer you a well-planned itinerary, but will also help you with accommodation, sightseeing tours, local transfers, daily breakfasts, and quick and hassle-free 24/7 travel assistance. Attention to such details by Thrillophilia will ease your trip to Darjeeling and make your overall experience absolutely seamless and convenient.
With your Darjeeling package, you can cover all the top attractions of the hill station including Tiger Hill, Nightingale Park, Rock Garden, Japanese Peace Pagoda, Singalila National Park, Darjeeling Zoo, and Ghoom Monastery. You can also enjoy the toy train ride and ropeway, go shopping at the local markets, experience trekking and paragliding, and sample local food. You can book your favorite Darjeeling holiday packages at the most competitive prices. You can also take help to get a customized package booked for Darjeeling. It goes without saying that when booking these packages on Thrillophilia, you can avail the best deals and offers.
Popular Darjeeling Tour Packages
|Darjeeling Sikkim Tour Package||8D/7N||₹ 22150.0||4.0 star|
|Darjeeling Tour Package from Kolkata 2021 | Flat 13% off||8D/7N||₹ 22999||5.0 star|
|Darjeeling Tour Plan For 3 Days 2021 | Flat 14% off||3D/2N||₹ 9200||5.0 star|
|Darjeeling Gangtok Tour Package from Kolkata | Flat 18% off||5D/4N||₹ 10500||5.0 star|
|Darjeeling Tour Package from Chennai 2021 | Flat 16% off||5D/4N||₹ 10300||5.0 star|
People Also Ask About Darjeeling Tours
Which are the best places to visit during the Darjeeling tour?1. Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is a 88 kilometers long train line, which was built between 1879 and 1881. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, this railway line serves as an important medium of transport between different parts of the lower plains and hills of Darjeeling.
The world-famous Darjeeling Toy Train runs in this railway route attracting a myriad of national and international tourists. Along with a couple of other railway lines that were constructed here in the later period, this place is known as the Mountain Railways of India.
Location: Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
Entry fees: Diesel Engine Rides - INR 600 per head onwards, Steam Engine Rides - INR 1,000 per head onwards
Timing: 8 AM to 12 PM
2. Tiger Hill: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Tiger Hill is a stunning vantage point, offering breathtaking panoramic views of the mighty mountain peaks of Kanchenjunga and Everest. Perched at an elevation of 2590 meters above sea level and offering great hiking opportunities, Tiger Hill is often found in the Darjeeling tour package of both novice and experienced trekkers. Tiger Hill is also known to offer unmatched sunrise and sunset views for visitors to soak in.
Location: Tiger Hill, Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
Entry fees: Parking charges - INR 10 per vehicle; Observatory Tower: INR 20 per head for ground level, INR 30 per head for the first floor, INR 40 per head for seating
Timing: 4 AM to 6 PM
3. Batasia Loop: The world-famous Batasia Loop is a beautiful lush toy train route, which is considered to be one of the most photogenic railway routes in Darjeeling. This train pathway is uniquely designed to wind around itself, passing through a tunnel.
Lying in Ghoom, the Batasia Loop starts from the middle of the lush forested mountain slopes and overlooks the mighty snow-clad Kanchenjunga peaks. With colorful flowers lining both sides of this railway route, the Batasia Loop offers you enthralling panoramic views of Tiger Hill and awe-inspiring mountain peaks as you take your train ride.
Location: West Point, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734102
Entry fees: INR 15 per head
Timing: 5 AM to 8 PM
4. Nightingale Park: Frequently found in the Darjeeling holiday packages of all couples, the enchanting Nightingale Park is known popularly for its lush green environs and soft cool breeze. Originally known as 'The Shrubbery', this park served as the courtyard of the bungalow of Sir Thomas Tartan, during colonial rule.
This oval-shaped park has a covered archway at the entrance, which leads to the charming pebbled walkways. Nightingale Park is home to a picturesque musical fountain and a magnificent statue of Lord Shiva.
Location: Richmond Hill, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
Entry fees: INR 10 per head|
Timing: 7 AM to 8 PM
5. Darjeeling Rock Garden: Also known as Barbotey Rock Garden and encompassed by a picturesque hill stream and flower-clad slope, the Darjeeling Rock Garden is one of the best places to go picnicking on your Darjeeling tour. The breathtaking garden is well-equipped with good sitting arrangements for the visitors.
The Rock Garden is also home to a wide range of exotic flora, stunning bridges, and photogenic waterfalls. Tourists visiting the Rock Garden can indulge in hiking, pony riding, and landscape photography.
Location: Rock Garden Road Bloomfield Tea Garden, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734102
Entry fees: INR 10 per head for Indians, INR 50 per head for foreigners
Timing: 10 AM to 4 PM
6. Darjeeling Peace Pagoda: Perched on the slopes of Jalapahar hills, the magnificent Japanese Peace Pagoda in Darjeeling was built to be the epitome of harming, goodwill, and unity among people. The Peace Pagoda was constructed under the Japanese Buddhist monk, Nichidatsu Fujii and inaugurated on 1 November 1992.
Often found in the Darjeeling holiday packages of nature and peace lovers, the Peace Pagoda lets you soak in the mesmerizing panoramic views of Mt. Kanchenjunga. The four different avatars of Lord Buddha are carved into the walls of The Darjeeling Peace Pagoda.
Location: West Point, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734102
Timing: 4.30 AM to 7 PM
7. Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park: Perched at an elevation of around 7,000 feet above sea level and also known as Darjeeling Zoo, the Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park is often visited by wildlife enthusiasts on their Darjeeling tour.
Home to a breeding center for red pandas and snow leopards, this zoo is known famously for its conservation and breeding programs. Visitors can easily spot Asiatic black bear, Himalayan Wolf, Red Panda, Sambar Deer, Royal Bengal Tiger, Leopard Cat, and Eastern Pangolin in this zoological park.
Location: Darjeeling - Jorethang Rd, near Birch Hill Resort, Jawahar Parbat, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
Entry fees: INR 20 per head for residents of India and SAARC countries, INR 50 per head for foreigners
Timing: 8.30 AM to 4 PM, Closed on Thursday
8. Ghoom Monastery: Perched at an altitude of around 8,000 feet above sea level, Ghoom Monastery is considered to be the most ancient Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Darjeeling. Established by Lama Sherab Gyatso in 1850, the monastery is home to a magnificent 15 feet tall statue of Maitreyi Buddha.
This life-size statue is made of clay sourced from Tibet and is placed in the main hall of the monastery. Visitors can soak in the spellbinding panoramic views of Mount Kanchenjunga from the outside of the Ghoom Monastery.
Location: Ghoom, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734102
Timing: 9 AM to 6 PM
9. Singalila National Park: Nestled at a height of over 7,000 feet above sea level and spread across a vast area of around 78.60 sq km, the very popular Singalila National Park is considered to be the highest national park in West Bengal state.
Often found in the Darjeeling holiday packages of wildlife enthusiasts, this national park is home to rhododendron forests, orchid beds, and exotic animals. Tourists visiting Singalila National Park can spend time trekking, camping, bird watching, and spotting the Himalayan black bear and red panda.
Location: Singalila Ridge, Darjeeling district, West Bengal
Entry fees: INR 100 per head for Indians, INR 200 per head for foreigners
Timing: 6 AM to 7 PM
10. Rimbik: The small, quaint village of Rimbik is one of the most off-beat places to include your Darjeeling tour package. Lying in the area of the Singalila National Park, this village is known for its exotic flora, cool whispering breeze, and stunning views of Mount Kanchenjunga.
Offering unmatched peace and privacy, the least explored Rimbik is a paradise for honeymooners. Rimbik has a number of budget-friendly homestays and is also known to offer excellent stargazing experiences at night.
Location: Darjeeling Pulbazar CD block, Darjeeling Sadar subdivision, Darjeeling district, West Bengal, India
What are the best things to do during the Darjeeling tour?
1. Take a ride in Toy Train: It is a sin to go on a Darjeeling tour and miss out on the world-famous toy train ride. Running on the very popular Darjeeling Himalayan Railway line, the toy train will take you from Darjeeling town to Ghoom through Batasia Loop.
You will halt for around 10 minutes at Batasia Loop and get the opportunity to witness the war memorial built in the memory of the Gurkha soldiers of Darjeeling. Upon reaching Ghoom, you will also get to see the intriguing railway museum.
Location: Ghoom, Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
Price: INR 100 to INR 1300 per head
2. River Rafting in Teesta River: Experience an unfathomable adrenaline rush by enjoying a rafting trip in the clear icy waters of the Teesta river. As you raft down on the waters of River Teesta, you can soak in the enchanting panoramic views of the mystical mountains, quaint hamlets, cultivated farmlands, lush green vegetation, dense jungles, and colourful exotic birds.
No matter if you are a beginner or a seasoned rafter, you can enjoy rafting in the totally safe rafting stretch of the Teesta river. The river has three grades of rapids, ranked from 2 to 4.
Location: Teesta River, Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
Price: INR 3000
3. Cable car ride in Darjeeling Ropeway: One of the most fun-filled and safest adventure activities to enjoy in Darjeeling is the Darjeeling Ropeway ride. Your boarding point will be Singamari and the ropeway ride will take you to Tukvar and back. On your ropeway ride, you can soak in the views of river Ramman, Little Rangeet, lush tea estates, and majestic snow-clad mountains.
Location: Singamari, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734104
Price: INR 200 per head for adults, INR 100 for children aged between 3 to 8 years, Free for infants under 3 years
Timing: Wednesday to Saturday - 9.30 AM to 4 PM, Sunday & Monday - 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM, Tuesday - 10 AM to 4 PM
4. Explore the Tea Gardens: You will never want to bid Darjeeling goodbye without exploring the lush, green tea gardens. So, while you are in the hill town of Darjeeling, do plan a tea estate visit. You can take a leisure walk through the plantations, smell the aroma, feel the cool fresh breeze kiss your face, soak in the breathtaking views, click a host of pictures, and learn how tea is processed.
One of the best ways to explore the tea gardens of Darjeeling is by staying on a tea estate. Rainbow Valley Resort on Kalej Valley Tea Estate and Tathagata Farm are some of the budget places that offer you accommodation amidst the tea gardens and also arrange guided plantation walks for you.
Location: Darjeeling, West Bengal
5. Relish Some local food: The cuisine of Darjeeling is too flavourful for you to wind up your tour without sampling some. Strongly inspired by Nepalese and Tibetan cuisine, the food of Darjeeling is totally worth trying. One of the most popular local delicacies that no tourist wants to miss is Momos.
Momos are served either steamed or fried, with a clear soup, sauce, or pickles. A noodle soup mixed with vegetables, eggs, or meat, Thukpa is another popular dish to enjoy in the mountains of Darjeeling. Churpee, Shaphalay, and Gundruk are other recommended dishes to try on your food tour in Darjeeling. The locally brewed beer Chaang and the world-famous Darjeeling Tea should also be on your list.
Location: Darjeeling, West Bengal
6. Visit a Monastery: If you are a spiritual or peace seeker, you will definitely love to include a monastery visiting tour in your Darjeeling package. You will find a host of Buddhist monasteries in and around Darjeeling, owing to the predominance of Buddhism as a religion in the region.
These monasteries will astound you with their vibrant murals, peaceful aura, and magnificent life-size Golden statues of Lord Buddha. The closest monastery to the town of Darjeeling is the Bhutia Busty Monastery, which dates back to the 19th century. Other popular monasteries that you can visit in Darjeeling include Yiga Choeling Monastery, Guru Monastery, Samten Choeling Gompa, and Druk Sangag Choeling Monastery.
Location: Darjeeling, West Bengal
7. Learn Mountaineering at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute: Learning mountaineering and rock climbing at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute is one of the top activities found in the Darjeeling tour package of avid mountain lovers.
You can visit the museum of the institute and gather information about the tricks to hike Mount Everest. You can also learn about the expeditions that have been undertaken previously to climb Everest. You can also attempt to climb the indoor rock wall or experience outdoor rock climbing at Tenzing Norgay Rock.
Location: Jawahar Parbat, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
Price: INR 40 per head
Timing: 9 AM to 1 PM & 2 PM to 5 PM, Closed on Tuesday
8. Trekking: The ever-charming mountains, valleys, and passes of Darjeeling offer an amazing trekking experience, which you should never miss out on. From a short one-day trekking experience to a long week of mountain hiking, you can enjoy all kinds of trekking expeditions in Darjeeling.
Since there are diverse terrains in Darjeeling, starting from lenient gradients to steep slopes, both beginners and experienced trekkers can enjoy the experience of trekking here. Some of the most popular trekking routes include Phalut Trek, Srikhola to Sandakphu Trek, Kamala Falls Trek, Purbikhola Trek, and Trek To Bamunpukhuri Jungle.
Location: Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
Price: Starts from INR 1000 per head
9. Explore the Local Market: A shopping experience in the local market should be included in the Darjeeling package of all shopaholics. To shop like a local you can head to Chowk Bazaar, which is located in the southern part of Darjeeling.
As you take a stroll through this bustling local market, you can see locals shopping for regular products at bargainable prices. While you are on a shopping spree at Chowk Bazaar, you can shop your heart out for a wide range of local produce including tea, spices, carved boxes, rugs, textiles, fur caps, Buddhist artifacts, shoes, brassware, silverware, and home decor items.
Location: Hill Cart Road, Chowk Bazaar, Darjeeling, West Bengal
Timing: 9 AM to 9 PM
10. Experience the Thrill of Paragliding: If you want to enjoy some adventure in the mountains, include a paragliding tour across the stunning skyline in your Darjeeling package. Paragliding is one of the best ways to explore the hidden secrets of Darjeeling. While you glide in the sky, you can soak in the mesmerizing panoramic views of the spectacular snow-clad mountain peaks, lush tea gardens, and impressive colonial structures.
Paragliding is generally hosted in Darjeeling between the months of October and April and each session lasts for 15 to 30 minutes. Beginners have the privilege of going for tandem paragliding, wherein they will be accompanied by a professional instructor for the flight.
Location: Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
Price: INR 3,500 per head onwards
How to Reach Darjeeling?
Darjeeling tour packages also provide various variations when it comes to reaching the town.
- By Air:
The closest airport to Darjeeling is the Bagdogra airport. This spot is at an approximate distance of about 95 km from the main city. Tourists from metro cities like Kolkata, Guwahati, and Delhi among others can simply book a direct flight to Bagdogra.
If you are an international tourist you will have a connecting flight from these locations to Bagdogra. From the airport, the tourists can select any means of transport as supported by the Darjeeling package they have chosen. The best way is to book a cab from the airport to the city.
- By road:
The best Darjeeling tour packages also come with an option to travel via road to the beautiful city. One can reach New Delhi which is approximately 1508 km from Darjeeling. From here, the journey can take up to 2 days and can cost up to INR 8000 in petrol and diesel. The best route from Delhi is via NH27.
If you book a Darjeeling tour package that includes reaching the city via train, you will first get to NJP or New Jalpaiguri which is the nearest train station from Darjeeling. From here it is an approximate journey of around 3 hours (90 km) via cab or tour bus.
Bus is also one of the cheapest means of transport to reach Darjeeling and a number of Darjeeling Gangtok tour packages have this option. You can catch a bus to Darjeeling from places like Kolkata and Siliguri.
What is the best time to visit Darjeeling?
Although the best Darjeeling tour package is considered to be between the months of April and June, one can also choose to visit the place in other months.
- April to June:
A number of Darjeeling Gangtok tour packages are available during these months. This is because it is the peak season for tourists to visit the town. Temperatures during these months range from 20°C to 25°C which makes it easy for visitors to enjoy various outdoor activities including trekking, river rafting and sightseeing among others.
A slight rainfall can also be noted in this season but that will not stop you from getting the best from your trip.
- October to March:
As the month of October starts the breeze in Darjeeling starts to get a little fizzy and temperature drops at 7°C can also be measured. The temperature drops further and plunges into minus as the months' pass.
If you love the winter season and want to enjoy the chilling atmosphere of Darjeeling, you can choose any of the Darjeeling Gangtok tour packages between these months.
- July to September:
With July comes the rainy season when precipitation rises to 700mm and continuous rainfall takes a toll on the town. One would not find a lot of Darjeeling packages in these months due to a number of roadblocks that happen in and around the city making it difficult for the tourists to enjoy their tour.
However, one can choose Darjeeling packages in the month of September when the rainfall is at the lowest and you can enjoy the lush green tropics that surround the town.
Which is better: Darjeeling or Gangtok?
Both Darjeeling and Gangtok are extremely beautiful places in their own rights. However, the sightseeing opportunities at Darjeeling are more than that in Gangtok, offering expansive Darjeeling tour packages. The natural beauty of Darjeeling, with its stunning blue hills and tea plantations, is also more resplendent than that of Gangtok.
What is the climate in Darjeeling?
The climate in Darjeeling is generally cozy and comfortable throughout the year with an average temperature ranging between 7°C to 18°C and a precipitation ratio of about 4 - 710mm. Rain in Darjeeling is fairly common after the summer season between the months of July and September.
However, the best time to visit the town is in Summer (April to June) when the temperature is about 17°C with a bit of rain. So, if you are going to take a Darjeeling tour package make sure it is between April and June.
Is the Darjeeling toy train worth it?
Yes, the Darjeeling toy train is absolutely worth it. One of the most prominent inclusions in Darjeeling tour packages, taking the toy train ride between Ghoom and Darjeeling is an absolute must for tourists.
A designated World Heritage Site, the steam train of Darjeeling meanders through the scenic mountain roads as it makes its way to the stunning Batasia Loop in Ghoom. The train ride also includes a tour of the historic train museum in Ghoom.
How much does a trip to Darjeeling cost?
The cost of a trip to Darjeeling can cost anywhere between Rs. 9,000 to Rs. 22,000, depending on the Darjeeling tours opted for. If booked through Thrillophilia, hefty discounts can also be availed on several Darjeeling packages.
What language do they speak in Darjeeling?
There are a number of languages spoken in Darjeeling including Nepali and Bengali. English is also one of the most common languages spoken in the town. If you choose any Darjeeling packages by Thrillophilia, you will have the added advantage of a companion with you who can converse for you with the locals there.
However, if you are on your own you can speak to the localities in English and they will be able to reply. You can also speak in Hindi at some places in the city. Although the Hindi language is not common here, many vendors in the main city can converse in it.
How can I go to Darjeeling by flight?
Darjeeling is not directly accessible through flights. The nearest airport to Darjeeling is in Bagdogra, which is around 68 kilometers away.
Direct airlines connect Bagdogra to different parts of the country, including Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai and more. From here, you can either hire a car, take a bus or take a taxi to Darjeeling.
How many days are enough for Darjeeling?
It completely depends on various Darjeeling packages. If you are visiting only Darjeeling, your trip can range between 3-4 days. However, if you are visiting Darjeeling and its neighboring places including Gangtok, you would need at least 7 days.
These days will be divided into - visiting sightseeing places, wildlife sanctuaries, gardens, tea plantations, monasteries, and shopping centers among other attractions. If you include trekking in your tour then the days may also extend for up to 8-10 days.
How far is Bagdogra to Darjeeling?
Bagdogra is around 68.3 kilometers away from Darjeeling. It takes about 2 and a half hours to reach Darjeeling from here via Hill Cart Road, when traffic conditions are moderate.
Is it safe to visit Darjeeling?
Yes, Darjeeling is completely safe to visit in all seasons. However, being a hill station, the area gets pretty secluded during the late evening hours and night. It is best to avoid the streets and remain indoors during this time.
Where are the best places for mountain cycling in Darjeeling?
Cycling in Darjeeling is an activity that has gained immense interest amidst tourists as well as the locals. While visiting the place you can take up various cycling tours and have a thrilling experience.
In 2017 January, Darjeeling became the only tourist destination that offers a Mountain Biking Park. This cycling park stretches for almost twenty kilometers and passes through the famous Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary. The entrance gate lies at Jorebunglow, quite close to Ghum. For a cyclist, it takes around thirty minutes from Darjeeling town center to reach the gate of the sanctuary. The distance is around eight kilometers and one can take either the Hill Cart Road or Toong Soong Road
What is Darjeeling famous for?
Darjeeling is famous for a number of things. From it's cozy atmosphere to the breathtaking natural beauty the place holds, everything about Darjeeling is tantalizing. Places like Batasia loop, Nightingale Park and Tiger hills are highly celebrated for hosting picturesque landscapes and mesmerizing views of Valleys.
Whether it is a picnic at the gorgeous rock garden or enjoying river rafting at Teesta river and more, adventurous can find themselves at home, here, at Darjeeling. And it doesn't stop there, if you are looking for some peace, the ancient montensoties in Darjeeling will help you with a surreal experience.
Darjeeling is also widely celebrated for it's assorted collection of special tea leaves. One can enjoy an excellent shopping experience, buying a variety of tea, handicrafts and various other regional souvenirs. All in all, there is no reason you should not visit beautiful Darjeeling.
How do I plan a trip to Darjeeling?
Packed to the brim with exciting options, the Darjeeling tour packages offered by Thrillophilia include expansive sightseeing tours of the hill station, fun adventure activities and much more.
A trip to Darjeeling will include a ride on the famous Himalayan Railway, a visit to Tiger Hill, or a tour of the stunning landscaped gardens here. Activities like hiking and boating can be done here. Do not miss out on a trip to Darjeeling Is famous Mall Road, with its quaint little cafes and antique stores.
Does Darjeeling have snow?
Yes but not so often. If you visit Darjeeling in the winter season you might be able to catch some snow. However, only when the temperatures drop below 0 will there be any snow. This can only be noticed in the month between December and March.
Why is Darjeeling's tea so famous?
From its aroma to the taste, Darjeeling's tea is no doubt, one of the best tea you will ever drink in India or internationally. Also called the "Fine Wine" of Tea, the taste of Darjeeling tea is often associated with Champagne.
It is said that the fruitylicious flavor of the tea combined with the confections aroma makes the tea taste exclusively like Champaign. One of the main reasons why people from around the globe visit Darjeeling is to enjoy it's delicious tea. The tea is also exported to various parts of the world from Darjeeling.
What should I buy in Darjeeling?
When it comes to shopping in Darjeeling the list is just endless. You can shop a lot from Darjeeling but there are some very specific items that you must not forget to buy.
1. Darjeeling Tea
If you are in Darjeeling, you have got to taste the tea here and buy as many packets as possible. Either you can buy these from the local market or from areas with high tea plantations.
One of the best handicrafts you can find in India is in Darjeeling. The unique design of handicrafts in the place resembles the rich culture and heritage.
Tibetian carpets are world-famous. Once they are exported their price hike tremendously. An excellent piece for your home decor, buying a carpet here will cost you way less. You will also be presented with a number of options with various styles and partners in Tibetan carpet that you won't find anywhere else.
4. Woolen Clothes
The woolen clothes in Darjeeling have a trademark of themselves. From cozy scarfs to comfortable sweaters, you have a number of options to choose from. If not clothes, you can simply buy a shawl.
Which are the places for a wildlife experience in Darjeeling?
Darjeeling is home to various animal as well as plant species. One can take up a wildlife tour and explore the beauty stored here. The following is a list of places to be visited in order to explore the wildlife here:
- Himalayan Zoological Park and Snow Leopard Breeding Centre
- Mahananda Wildlife Sanctuary - spreads over around 159 sq.kms
- Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park - spread in 44 hectares
- Jaldapara Wildlife sanctuary
Which are the famous Heritage sites in Darjeeling?
Darjeeling is one of the oldest towns in the country with a ton of historic background. This also means that the place is embedded with a number of Heritage sites.
1. Bengal Natural History Museum
A delight for nature and wildlife enthusiasts, Bengal Nature History Museum holds an exhibit of various tropics and creatures of the Himalayan region from ancient to recent times.
2. Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park
A celebrated sightseeing spot for tourists, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park is home to a number of exotic creatures including Red Panda, Snow Leopard, Siberian Tiger among others.
3. Dali Monastery
Home to tens of years of Buddhist heritage, Dali is a Tibetan style monetary known for its serene ambiance and spiritual wealth.
4. Old Ghoom Monastery
Built-in 1975, Old Ghoom Monastery is one of the ancient monasteries and temples found in Darjeeling. Established at a great height, the view from the place is also enticing and absolutely dazzling.
What are the best places for shopping in Darjeeling?
There are a ton of places in and around the city where one can enjoy excellent shopping experience.
1. Nehru Road
A great opportunity to grab affordable items, Nehru Road is popularly known for its sweet shops established by the localities in the city. You can find various handicrafts, paintings, and souvenirs among other things from here.
2. Batasia loop Market
Found at Batasia loop, the Batasia loop market is known for various items including bags and jewelry. If you know how to bargain, you can grab some really cool stuff at mind-blowing rates here at the Batasia loop market.
3. Groom Monastery Market
From regional, handle made jewelry to ornaments found only on the streets of Darjeeling, Groom Monastery Market offers an exclusive shopping experience.
4. Pashupati Nagar Market
If you are looking for some hip woolen clothes, Pashupati Nagar Market is the place to be. From scarfs to shawls, you can find it all here.
Which are the most adventurous trekking sites in Darjeeling?
With conveniently nestled in the beautiful Himalayas, Darjeeling is ought to possess some of the best trekking routes as well as places. Some of the popular trekking tours that you can take up in Darjeeling are as follows:
- Trekking to Tiger Hill
- Phalut Trek
- Sikkim Trek - Dzongri and Goecha La
- Trek to Tumling
- Sandakphu & Singalila Trek
- trek to Tonglu & Tumling
- Darjeeling Kanchenjunga Trek
- Trekking in Kurseong area
- Trekking to virgin villages located in Kalimpong area