1. Mount Kilimanjaro: This is the world's largest free-standing mountain that rises to a daunting height of about 5895 meters above sea level. This imposing mountain is also a dormant, snow-capped volcano that looks marvelous to look at. The volcano lies exactly on the Equator and the surroundings are absolutely dry at the base.
The interesting thing about Kilimanjaro is that the mountain has all the elements of ecology like cultivated land, rainforest, moorland, alpine desert, and snow at the top. The mountain is popular amongst hikers and the walk-up to the summit is truly an exhilarating experience.
Location: Northeast Tanzania
Entry Fee: SCR 4240 per climber per day
2. Serengeti National Park: Sprawling across the Mara and Simiyu regions of Tanzania, The Serengeti National Park is a testimony to the African scenery and proliferating wildlife. Rated as a year-round destination for spotting predators and the annual wildebeest migration, no Tanzania tour packages are complete without a trip to this amazing natural habitat.
While there are many game drives and safari rides to let you watch the animals and birds from a safe distance, nothing gets exhilarating like the hot air balloon rides here.
Location: Northern Tanzania
Entry Fee: SCR 1272 for adults; SCR 636 for children from 5-15 years; Free for kids below 5
3. Zanzibar Beaches: Turquoise blue waters and white sanded beaches that glisten in the sun and a beautiful coastline that is fringed by coconut trees perfectly define Zanzibar island in Tanzania.
The island’s natural reef structure has helped Zanzibar evolve into a top tropical beach holiday destination with a plethora of water sports like snorkeling, scuba diving, jet-skiing, motorboat rides, parasailing, and many others. The pristine beaches here are a scene right from the Moana movie and should definitely be a part of all Tanzania Holiday Packages.
4. Ngorongoro Conservation Area: Boasting a diverse terrain of plains, savannah, woodlands, forests, and even a volcano, Ngorongoro Conservation Area is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that has a thriving population of African Buffaloes, Black rhinoceros, Lion, Wildebeest, Hippopotamus, Eland, Hyena, Zebra, and the rare Blue Monkey.
Safari rides in this protected area let you watch the live-action of the wildlife in the closest and safest possible way.
Location: Northern Tanzania
SCR 1500 for adults above 15 years
SCR 500 for children between 5 and 15 years
Free for kids below 5 years
Timings: 6.00 AM - 6.00 M Mon-Sun
5. Lake Manyara National Park: Lake Manyara, the soda ash lake nurtures a variety of birds in it and is the bird place in Africa for spotting thousands of pink flamingos, egrets, spoonbills, stalks, stilts, herons, and many water birds.
The vast area of wilderness around the lake is the conservation park and with safari rides, tourists can spot various animals like giraffes, elephants, and tree-climbing lions. The tree-top canopy walk here is a no-miss activity in Tanzania tours that lets you walk at the treetop level and relish the live-action of the animals beneath.
Location: 126 kilometers west of Arusha Town
Entry Fee: SCR 1125 for adults above 15 years
SCR 360 for children from 5 to 15 years
6. Mafia Island: Also known as “Chole Shamba”, Mafia Island in the Zanzibar archipelago of Zanzibar is famed for its unparalleled tropical beauty of azure waters, coconut tree-lined beaches, and bountiful sun. The island’s south coastline has flourishing marine life like exotic corals and reefs, whale sharks, and turtles.
This part has been converted into Mafia Island Marine Park and is one of the best places in Zanzibar to enjoy adventurous water sports like snorkeling and diving. With schools of vibrant clownfish, octopuses, dolphins, and sharks, every single dive here is sure to leave you spellbound.
Location: Zanzibar archipelago
7. Tarangire National Park: Established in 1970, Tarangire National Park is a part of all Tanzania tour packages because of the amazing and easy wildlife spotting, game watching, and birding that it offers. To marvel, stopover, and shoot pictures with the beautiful baobab trees, go on a walking safari at the bushes of the park.
For those seeking adventure along with the wilderness of Tarangire, Hot Air Balloon safaris should top your bucket-list of activities to do during Tanzania tours. The park also has some of the best safari lodges in the country to spend a night in the wild.
Location: Northern Tanzania
Entry Fee: SCR 112 for adults; SCR 375 for children
8. Pemba Island: Coveted as the Green Island, Pemba Island is one the lushest places in Tanzania that are popular for its dense forests, and thick mango and clove plantations. Pemba is an offbeat destination that looks refreshingly untamed where you can feel the serenity and the gentleness of the caressing ocean breeze.
The hills in the island are clad with thick and tall trees that make picturesque backdrops to the rumbling waves of the Indian Ocean. The 18th-century fort with the museum in the city of Chake Chake is one of the best places to visit in Pemba during your Tanzania tours.
Location: Off the east coast of Africa
9. Stone Town: Brimming with the rustic charm of houses built with local stones, Stone Town is one of the must-visit places in Tanzania tour packages. In ancient days, Stone Town was the capital city of Zanzibar and was a flourishing trade center of spices and slaves.
Today, the ornate houses of the town have taken this historic town to the list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. A day tour through the lanes of Stone Town is the best way to take a break from the Safari-dominated Tanzania Packages and marvel at the architectural excellence of these stone houses.
Location: Western coast of Zanzibar
10. Selous Game Reserve: Yet another UNESCO World Heritage site in Tanzania, Selous Game Reserve lures wildlife lovers from all parts of the world with its dramatic landscapes, prospering wildlife, and untouched wilderness. The reserve has so many modern camps and holiday retreats to enjoy a day reveling in the roughness of the African terrain.
This protected area is the home to large herds of elephants, buffaloes, crocodiles, hippos, black rhinos, and various species of birds. The reserve has many tailor-made tours and safaris to make your Tanzania Packages more enjoyable.
Location: Southern Tanzania
Entry Fee: SCR 1060 per person per day