Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
About the space and location:
Check-in Time: 12:00 PM
Check-out Time: 11:00 AM
An estate in the middle of wilderness - five serene acres of land - perched at almost 8,000 feet above sea level, awaits your presence here. One of only five privately owned estates in the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, this cottage has been lovingly restored for comfortable and elegant living, while still retaining its original charm. The cottage is a privately owned estate that comes with two charming villas.
About the rooms:
The fireplace or Bukhari as it is called in this area keeps you warm and cosy as you snuggle in warm blankets with a cup of hot cocoa in one of the 6 elegant bedrooms.
- Cosmos is one of the three bedrooms in Mary Budden Cottage, and comes with a fireplace
- Wisteria lies in the heart of the cottage and offers two large twin-size beds on either side of a fireplace. This room also has a cosy annexe that can accommodate a spare bed.
- Wild Rose exudes an ambience of luxury, and has a charming annexe should there be a need for an extra bed
- Cherry Blossom is one of the bedrooms in the Rhododendron Cottage that has beautiful pinewood ceilings
- Juniper has large picture windows that open to soothing views
- Cedar Suite is sensitively furnished and gives a cosiness to its guests
Each comes with ensuite bathroom and elegant furnishings to create an ambience of serenity and homelike comfort. The bedrooms can accommodate 2 guests in each.
The stay offers Indian/Continental buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner at an additional cost. The meals are simple, prepared from locally sourced ingredients, and the joy doubles when you have them in the stone sitout outside overlooking the valley.
- Relax and connect with yourself with some yoga or meditation on the patio
- Make yourself a hot beverage and enjoy stargazing
- Go for an early morning walk to be rewarded with a wildlife sighting
- Bird watching with naturalists make Binsar a bird watchers paradise
- Take a day trip to Jageshwar for its 9th century Jyotirlinga temples dedicated to Shiva
- Visit Binsar Zero Mark and the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary to savour a panoramic view of the majestic Himalayan peaks such as Kedarnath, Chaukhamba, Trishul, Nanda Devi, Nanda Kot, and Panchachuli peaks
About access to common areas:
Guests have access to the living room and the outdoors
About safety and hygiene:
- The retreat has increased the frequency of cleaning public areas (including the lobby, doorknobs, common washrooms, etc.)
- The rooms and the entire stay is deep cleaned before every check in and post every check out
- There are antibacterial hand sanitizers available throughout the property
- Social distancing is maintained
- Daily temperature monitoring of the staff
About its accessibility:
The estate is around 80 KM away from the Pantnagar Airport and around 25 KM from Almora. A private car/cab would be the best mode of transportation to reach the stay.
Write Your Story
25000+ Pictures and Reviews on the platform.
Best Price Guarantee
We have a best price guarantee. If you get the same product anywhere else at a cheaper price and you inform us about the same on the same day of your booking, we will refund the difference of cost to you.
10000+ Tours and Activities
We have activities across 17 countries, across every category so that you never miss best things to do anywhere.
We are always able to support you so that you have a hassle free experience.