1. Explore the old town: It comprises of centuries-old buildings, small exclusive handmade chocolate stores (Teuscher or Sprungli chocolates are a must try) etc. and various places for sightseeing like the place between Limmat River and the Bahnhofstrasse, the area overlooking Lake Geneva.
2. Paragliding in Uetliberg: We can have an aerial view of the whole of Zurich (except Lake Limmat area) by paragliding over the Uetliberg region which has an exquisite Bise flying area; it's one of the best things to do in Switzerland.
3. Cruise down the River Rhine: Earplugs, Binoculars and a comfortable pair of shoes are some of the things you should carry on a River Rhine cruise as you will witness ancient castles, lush vineyards, old cities like Strasbourg and Koblenz. Its indeed one of the best things to do in Switzerland.
4. Descend a mountain in a cable car: The world’s first open-top aerial cable car departs from Zurich, passes over the Swiss Alps and ends at the peak of Mt. Stanserhorn.
5. Discover picturesque villages in Zurich: There are many villages near Zurich. Wirzweli village is one such village which is full of mountains and also has a comfortable route for strollers and pushchairs.
6. Visit Swiss National Museum: This museum displays the history of Switzerland from its early days till now and is just a few minutes’ walks from the main railway station and enjoys a central position.
7. Eat Fondue at Chäsalp: It is a Swiss restaurant in Zurich which is famous for its fondue or raclette. It is located in a remote area so an advanced booking should be done before visiting this restaurant.
8. Soak in a Thermal Spa: The Thermalbad and Spa Zurich offer a rooftop thermal pool, varieties of baths and saunas and great views of Zurich city.
9. Take a Boat on the Limmat River: One of the best things to do in Switzerland, A Limmat river cruise will show you beautiful views of Zurich’s old town, from the National Museum (up to the River Limmat) to Lake Zurich.
10. Enjoy Spanish wines at Tasca Romero: If you want to enjoy typical Spanish wines at a reasonable price with good food and hospitality, you should go to a Tapas bar in Tasca Romero.
11. Visit D-Vino for a classy night out: The D-Vino restaurant offers varieties of local wines and beers with a very polite bar staff and wine selection from Denner. The snacks they offer are extremely delicious.
12. Enjoy boozy brunch at Fork & Bottle: Fork & Bottle is the only farm-to-table restaurant in Zurich which would be appropriate for a boozy brunch, offering a variety of cocktails and craft beers.
13. Eat out at the legendary Odeon café: One of the best things to do in Switzerland, Odeon cafe is a historical café in Zurich that offers scrumptious coffee-based drinks, snacks, and salads. Also, its view gives you the 20th-century feeling.
14. George Bar & Grill: This restaurant provides a pleasing atmosphere with great cocktails and food and also has a balcony view. It is pricey, but the ambience and food are worth it.
15. Walk down to Street Bahnhofstrasse: One of the best things to do in Switzerland, a walk on this street; it is full of shady trees, expensive shops of fashion, jewellery and cafes. At the end of this street, you can take up boat rides too.
16. Take a tour of Zurich Zoo: You can find glimpses of the endangered Red panda and Snow Leopard in the Zurich zoo which is home to over 250 species.
17. Take a bath at Seebad Enge: Seebad Enge is a swimming area in Zurich which provides sauna, also has a place to stroll near the lake and you can also hear traditional different music being played while you stroll or swim and enjoy the serenity.
18. Take a train up the Uetliberg Mountain: The sightseeing on the Uetliberg Mountain can be enjoyed by taking a train ride, which will take you almost to the top of the mountain.
19. Zeughauskeller beer hall: It is a large beer hall with traditional Swiss décor in the centre of Zurich. A long table is shared by many people at the same time; most offers a variety of beers.
20. Visit Beyer Clock and Watch Museum: This museum showcases the history of watches and clocks in Switzerland, also providing iPads for translation of all the information.