Kedarkantha Trek Highlights
- Kedarkantha is a trek blushing with beauty, giving photographers a perfect opportunity to capture the snow falling from the pine trees that looks like magic dust
- The ‘I rule the world’ pose at the top of Kedarkantha Summit will make a wonderful profile pic and with stunning views in the backdrop, it will make your friends jealous too!
- Experience the lovely campsites, where every site is unique in its own way and does not match the beauty with any other campsites in the journey
- Get a chance to camp around frozen Juda ka Talab where was once a place for meditation of Lord Shiva
- Experience walking in the middle of the night in, the head torches lighting the way and watching the sunrise from the top of a mountain before you reach Summit
Kedarkantha Trek Overview
About the Kedarkantha Trekking:
Kedarkantha is such a popular winter trek that it would be apt to entitle it as the Queen of Winter Treks. Knee-deep snow in winters, mesmerizing view from the top, and the beautiful and easy trails make it popular among trekkers. The ‘easy on endurance’ trail goes through the thick pine forests of Govind National Park. The views from the top are worth climbing to an altitude of 12,500 ft.
Kedarkantha trek will give you an inimitable view of the cosmic sky, lush meadows, snow paths, charming villages, scented pine forest, sky-knocking peaks, tranquil rivers, and some mythological story whispers.
Kedarkantha Trekking Quick Facts:
Start/ End Point of the Trek: Sankri village
Kedarkantha Trek Distance: 20 km
Kedarkantha Trek Height: 12,500 ft
Kedarkantha Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Kedarkantha Trek Temperature: Day (8°C to 15°C) and Night: (-5°C to 3°C)
Best Time to do Kedarkantha Trekking: November to April
Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Kedarkantha Trek Package Inclusions:
➔ Accommodation in Guest house/Home stay/Camping
➔ Meals while on trek (Veg.)
➔ Trekking equipments like comfortable sleeping bag, thick mattress, separate kitchen & dinning tent, crampon, utensils
➔ All necessary permits and entry fees
➔ Oxygen cylinder, first aid medical kits and stretcher
➔ Professional Trek Leader (Mountaineering qualified), Guide, and Support staff.
➔ Staff insurance.
Available Group Departures:
➔ November: 6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28
➔ December: 4,5,11,12,18,19,25,26
Note: Customization available
How to reach Dehradun:
By Air: Jolly Grant Airport serves Dehradun domestically, with regular flights coming in from major metro cities in India.
By Train: The nearest railway station is the Dehradun junction, which is well connected to major cities from all over India.
By Road: Dehradun is well connected through road network. You can either drive to Dehradun or hire a cab/taxi to reach Dehradun from Delhi or any other nearby cities. Regular bus services also prevail to and fro Dehradun through an excellent roadways network
Kedarkantha Trek Itinerary
Select Package Option
Kedarkantha Trek from Sankri
Kedarkantha Trek from Dehradun
More Details about Kedarkantha Trek
Know Before You Go for Kedarkantha Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be canceled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask is recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Ensure that you stay covered with thermals and enough jackets to withstand the temperature that is between 8°C to 15°C during the day and -5°C to 3°C at the night.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the Kedarkantha trekking during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Kedarkantha winter trek.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Kedarkantha trek.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders and guides in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Transportation to and fro from Dehradun is available on additional charges on request.
- The Kedarkantha winter trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the Kedarkantha trek package.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the Kedarkantha Trekking.
Things To Carry for Kedarkantha Trek
- Head torchMandatory Item
- Walking stickMandatory Item
- Back pack (50-60l)Mandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf