Kedarkantha Trek Highlights
- Experience huge snow blankets around you in every direction after crossing the mark of 10,000 feet, from middle to December to middle of April.
- This less travelled remote route is one of the most exquisite drives in Indian Himalayas.
- Camp near Juda ka Talab and grasp the breathtaking view of starry-sky and majestic mountains.
- Witness the Kinner Kailash range while you trek towards the Kedar Kantha Summit at 3800 m
Kedarkantha Trek Overview
About the Trek:
Located at an elevation of 12,500 ft, the Kedarkantha trek is a popular winter trekking destination amongst adventure seekers. One of the reasons to embark on this trek is the summit climb popular among the beginners who are seeking a venture trek. It is bounded by the dark forest which makes the trail more thrilling and exciting. The crest of the peak is much more alluring than the trails, offering a 360-degree view of the mountains and snow-clad alpine forests. The campsite here offers the best sunset view which stays with one forever.
Trek Distance: 20 km
Maximum Altitude: 12,500 ft
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Temperature: Day (8°C to 15°C) and Night: (-5°C to 3°C)
Best Time to Travel: November to April
ATM: Purola has the last ATM point before your trek begins.
Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Start/ End Point of the Trek: Sankri village
How to reach Dehradun :
By Air :
Jolly Grant Airport is a domestic airport which is situated at a distance of 20 km from Dehradun city centre. One can find regular daily flights to Delhi. The nearest International airport is situated at a distance of about 235 km from Delhi.
By Train :
Dehradun is connected by regular train services to cities Delhi, Lucknow, Allahabad, Mumbai, Kolkata, Ujjain, Chennai and Varanasi. The Dehradun Railway Station is located 1-2 kilometres away from the city centre and should take you only ten minutes, depending on traffic.
Delhi to Dehradun via Saharanpur Road
The distance between Delhi and Dehradun is 307 km and can be covered in about 7 hours 45 minutes. The roads are bumpy but the ride is worth it! The breathtaking views will send you in the vacation mood much before you reach the destination.
Kedarkantha Trek Package Inclusions:-
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Homestay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.)
3. Trek equipment (Sleeping bag, mattress, kitchen & dining tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional Trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
7. Staff insurance.
Available Group Departures:
( Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized)
More Details about Kedarkantha Trek
Know Before You Go for Kedarkantha Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be canceled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask is recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Ensure that you stay covered with thermals and enough jackets to withstand the temperature that is between 8°C to 15°C during the day and -5°C to 3°C at the night.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the Kedarkantha trekking during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the Kedarkantha winter trek.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Kedarkantha trek.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders and guides in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Transportation to and fro from Dehradun is available on additional charges on request.
Things To Carry for Kedarkantha Trek
- Head torchMandatory Item
- Walking stickMandatory Item
- Back pack (50-60l)Mandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Rain cover
- Warm clothes
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf