1. Perissa Beach: Come and relish the cosmopolitan vibes of this beach, offering several amenities and a plush playground. It is among the cleanest beaches in Santorini, with bold diving locations. You can enjoy many water sport activities, parasailing and canoeing and also wander around at the water park which offers many water slides for children as well as adults.
Once you are done enjoying the adventure activities at the beach, you can head to the seaside cafes and restaurants to treat yourself to the local cuisines here. A visit to this beach is a must in your Santorini packages because there is something for everyone here.
2. Oia: Your Santorini tour package is incomplete without a visit to this picturesque village. This is the place where you can witness the most popular sunset sight in the whole world. The unending beauty of this village begins with uniquely perched white and blue houses on the cliffs, narrow walking paths and local taverns by the sea, which offers authentic local food in the area.
You must visit the Naval Maritime museum which is located here and happens to be one of the most popular museums in Santorini. The village is easily accessible by car and bus and it is easy to find different accommodation options here.
3. Caldera: Caldera is the popular moon-shaped bay and is a place that you must visit between your Santorini holiday packages. The cauldron shaped volcanic depression is one of the most beautiful one’s all across the globe, making it a site that must not be missed when you visit Santorini.
Besides witnessing the marvel of the caldera itself, you will also get a chance to appreciate the brilliant scenic beauty surrounding you.
4. Emporio: This is the largest village in all of Santorini and lies in close proximity to the capital Fira. The reason why it is included in most Santorini packages is that tourists love to observe the colourful houses and peaceful settlements which are located here.
From budget to luxury, there are a variety of cafés, hotels and villas for your comfort here so you can come and stay for some time. The biggest attraction at Emporio is the fortified castles of Santorini, which are home to a church and lie close to the Tower of Nimborio. You can also head to the Perissa beach after visiting the village, which is located nearby.
5. Fira: On your Santorini tour package, you will come across the capital city Fira which is located just opposite the famous volcano in Santorini. From exciting nightlife to an abundance of natural beauty, Fira is one of the liveliest places on the island.
You can simply walk through the scenic alleyways of the capital and explore the local shopping centre, bars and cafes to get an authentic experience of Santorini. Also worth visiting are the local museums and cultural centres, which play host to several concerts and theatrical performances. Besides hotel accommodations, you will also get a chance to enjoy camping in Fira.
6. Pyrgos: Reach out to the highest point in Santorini at Pyrgos, which offers some of the most marvellous panoramic views of the entire island and the seas surrounding it. Since this is a type of fortress settlement, you will find ruins of castles and a memorial plaque, which are often visited by tourists here.
It is worth noticing the neoclassical architectural styles of the houses, churches and vineyards in this village. Ditch the fancy restaurants for a meal at the hillside cafes in this village, where you can continue to sit and admire the views of the sunset.
7. Ammoudi Bay: Climb down some 200 steps from Oia to reach Ammoudi Bay, which is a very beautiful bay and a popular tourist spot. You will find several restaurants here which serve delicious seafood, while you can settle down at the edge to enjoy the sight of the crystal clear water.
Several boat tours come and depart from this location every day, bringing hosts of other visitors. The bay is popular for a unique swimming spot which leads to a small island, where you can climb and ledge and take a dip in the water.
- Location: Ormos Ammoudiou 847 02, Greece
8. Akrotíri Archaeological Site: You can take a bus from Fira to get here, and witness the ‘Greek Pompeii’, which is a popular site in Santorini. This place is popular among history buffs and amazes tourists with the endless display of frescoes and artefacts which are unique to this place.
You will get to walk across the special suspended walkways which are structured right above the remains of the archaeological site.
- Location: Thera 847 00, Greece