Some of the best places to visit in Mussoorie are mentioned below-
1. Lal Tibba: One of the very few places in the Himalayan foothills which is still untouched by commercialization, Lal Tibba is quite an escape from the bustling city life. This place is a part of almost all our Mussoorie Tour Packages.
One can reach Lal Tibba on foot or by hiring a cab from Mussoorie. The British-styled building offers splendorous views of the Himalayan peaks like Badrinath and Kedarnath. These peaks can be viewed with the help of a telescope placed on the observation deck of the building. Additionally, Lal Tibba currently serves as the working place of Doordarshan and other broadcasting media channels.
Location: Lal Tibba Binoculars, Bazar Road, Landour, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Price: There is no entry fee.
Timing: 5 AM – 10 PM (all days).
2. The Mall: The Mall Road of Mussoorie is the highlight of our Mussoorie Tour Packages. The Mall is vibrant with shops of food, wooden items, jewellery, show pieces, decorations, lamps and lights, books, woollen items, and other things.
There are balloon vendors, momos and other snack sellers on every step inviting you to try their eats. Apart from the street-food stall, the place is also embellished with a lot of incredible restaurants and cafes. The Victorian lights on every corner and British-styled bench at the corner of the streets put up quite a show at night. The Mall looks dreamy during the evenings.
One can also rent bicycles to paddle your way through the road. Many people also love strolling on the Mall Road for the sake of soaking in the vibes of this incredible hill station. Some of the must-do things at the Mall Road are having kulhad-chai, momo, Maggie, filter coffee and buy stuff like woollen jackets, umbrellas, wooden items, and travelling to Gun Hill in the cable car. Our Mussoorie packages can guide you to indulge in some of the best things to do in the hill station.
Location: Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: 24 hours (all days).
3. Kempty Falls: A mesmerizing cascade of water, Kempty Falls is one of the most popular tourist spots in Mussoorie. The falls ramble from the height of 40 feet and create a big pool with five channels of water in which people swim and have a gala time.
This perennial water body is flocked by tourists throughout the year. There is no single person who hasn’t heard of Kempty Falls. Another great thing about visiting these falls is that the area is lush with greenery and extravagant views of the Himalayan valley. Kempty falls are included in many of our Mussoorie Tour Packages.
Location: Lakhwad, Kempty, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: 6 AM- 10 PM (all days).
4. Lake Mist: If there is one word to describe Lake Mist, it’s resplendent. One of the most beautiful places to visit in Mussoorie, Lake Mist is a pristine water body which gives out peaceful vibes and thus, attracts souls looking for some quiet tranquillity.
The water of the lake is quite clear and still and emerald. The area is blessed with beautiful trees, colourful flowers and unexplored trails to the forest area. The best part about visiting the lake is that not many people know about its existence in Mussoorie and thus, if you are someone who wants peace and quiet, then this is the most incredible tourist spot to spend some time in. It has been included in our recent Mussoorie packages since it remains an unexplored part of Mussoorie.
Location: Kempty Fall Road, Kempty, Mussoorie Range, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: Open 24 hours on all days.
5. Cloud’s End: This place serves as the geographical end of the beautiful town of Mussoorie. The area is covered with lush green trees of Deodar and Oak. It is a splendid sight for those who are fans of misty views of the valley side.
Another highlight of this mystical place is the Benog Wildlife Sanctuary, which is a 2 km trek from the Oak forest and looks spectacular to the wildlife enthusiasts. Cloud’s End is a unique addition to our Mussoorie Tour Packages.
There is another attraction known as the heritage building, located close to Cloud’s End. The building was constructed in 1838 and is one of the oldest buildings in the town. The view of Aglar River Valley from the building is quite enigmatic and one more reason why one should pay a visit to this place during their time in Mussoorie.
Location: Hathipaon Road | 6 Km West of The Library, Mussoorie, India.
Timing: Open 24 hours on all days.
6. Gun Hill: An extinct volcano, Gun Hill has often been a part of Ruskin Bond’s stories. Tremendous with sky, lush green hillside, and magnificent views of Doon valley, Gun Hill stands at a height of 2020 meters. A popular spot for photography and nature lovers, the place is located right above the Mall Road. You can reach there on foot or by hiring a rickshaw.
Location: Above the Mall Road, Mussoorie.
Timing: 10 AM – 6 PM (all days).
7. Landour: Tucked away in the hillside, Landour is a twin town of Mussoorie and about a half an hour walk from the Mall Road. If you aren’t a walker, then you can hire a cab to Landour as well. There isn’t much to do in Landour other than appreciating the scenic beauty of the Himalayan ranges and spending time in the lap of nature.
The place is also home to India’s most loved storyteller, Mr. Ruskin Bond, who lives in the Ivy Cottage with his adopted family. Do not forget to get a meal at Café Ivy, which is one of the most popular in Mussoorie. You can also stop by at Chaar Dukan and Sister’s Bazaar during your journey to Landour. Also, the Landour Bakehouse and Anil’s Shop must visit places here as well. There are exclusive packages (apart from Mussoorie packages) for Landour as well.
Location: Landour, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand 248179.
Timing: Open 24 hours on all days.
8. Jharipani Falls: Amongst its many water attractions, Mussoorie boasts of Jharipani Waterfalls the most. It is located at an approximate distance of 6 km from the main town and has a stream of water gushing down from a rocky ledge.
Surrounded by a beautiful hillside and stunning forest trails, it takes about 1.5 km for an average trekker to reach the falls. Sunset from Jharipani Falls is breathtaking and most trekkers wait to witness this underrated phenomenon from this area.
Location: Jharipani Rd, Jharipani, Uttarakhand 248122.
9. Nag Tibba: This is one of the best spots for trekking in and around Mussoorie. The place offers spectacular views of snow-clad mountains after the climb of about 10,000 feet. The place is also known as the Serpent’s Peak and serves as home to Nag Devta or the Snake God.
The views of mountain peaks, such as Bandarpoonch, Kedarnath, Badrinath and Gangotri, are quite inviting for the mountain lovers to take up this exhilarating trek. Many tour companies also organize weekend treks to Nag Tibba. The trek is also a part of our special Mussoorie tour package.
Location: Jaunpur range, Uttarakhand 249180.
Timing: 24 hours.