1. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi- Ferrari World is an attraction like no other and if you’re in Yas Island, you have to visit it. The Ferrari themed park will delight you with its crazy rides, Ferrari factory tour, stunts and acrobats.
2. Sheikh Zayed Mosque- This iconic landmark tops our list - and should top yours too! - of must-visit places in Abu Dhabi. Drawing design elements from Mughal, Persian and Alexandrian influences, it can accommodate a whopping 40,000 people.
3. Emirates Palace- The sprawling Emirates Palace luxury hotel is breathtakingly beautiful. Even if you don’t intend to stay here during your vacation, you absolutely need to visit and maybe have a coffee or a meal at one of the 10 restaurants.
4. Yas Water World- Another Yas Island attraction, Yas Water World has it all. More than 40 rides and slides, a shopping centre and a restaurant come together to guarantee adults and kids have the time of their lives.
5. Sheikh Zayed Bridge- Next on our 50 places to visit in Abu Dhabi is the Sheikh Zayed Bridge, which reflects the mesmerizing sand dunes of the Arabian Desert. It spans nearly a kilometre, and watching the curves overhead as you drive by is a sight to behold.
6. Yas Viceroy- Another 5-star wonder, Yas Viceroy is set on Yas Island and commands attention with its futuristic design and for being constructed over a Formula 1 circuit. We recommend visiting this place at night when the lights come on and the Grid Shell is highlighted in all its glory.
7. Etihad Towers- Opposite Emirates Palace, five towers soar towards the sky to create the stunning Etihad Towers. 11 restaurants, bars and luxury shopping centres entice you to witness how the other half of the world lives.
8. Marjan Aqua Park- If you’re travelling with children, Marjan Aqua Park is the perfect place to take them to. It has a lazy river, water slides, crawl tunnel, a water war station – everything kids need to stay entertained.
9. Capital Gates- The ‘world’s furthest leaning man-made tower’ is right here in Abu Dhabi and you need to see it to believe it. Capital Gates is a wonder, not just because of its striking design but also because it’s the first structure in the region to use a diagrid.
10. Wadi adventure- Wadi Adventure is on another level altogether with activities like rafting and airpark providing endless entertainment for kids and adults. It’s the perfect place for holding private parties too.
11. Hili Fun City- Hili Fun City has a list of pulse-racing rides to get kids screaming in excitement. It also has Abu Dhabi’s first ice rink as well as restaurants and shopping centres.
12. Marina Eye- Hop on to the Marina Eye to get a fabulous view of Abu Dhabi. It has 42 standard capsules and several luxury capsules for those who want to ride in style.
13. Qasr Al Hosn- Seventh on our list of 50 places to visit in Abu Dhabi is Qasr Al Hosn, an 18th century stone building that today is home to a museum showcasing the country’s history. Try to visit during the annual Qasr Al Hosn festival when themed exhibitions, workshops and demos are held.
14. Al Jahili Fort- Imposing and set amidst landscaped gardens that seem from another time and place, Al Jahili Fort is a historical landmark. It’s also a site for exhibitions including a permanent exhibition for Wilfred Thesiger’s monochrome photography.
15. Al Bahar Towers- Abu Dhabi is a city of architectural wonders and Al Bahar Towers is another such wonder. It features a ‘skin’ of glass elements that open and close based on the sunlight’s intensity. They reduce interior heat by 50 percent!
16. Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium- With a seating capacity of nearly 23,000 spectators, and a facade that resembles a palm trunk – Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium makes it into our list of 50 places to visit in Abu Dhabi. The unique design of the roof reduces the temperature so that players and spectators don’t suffer the intense summer heat.
17. Masdar City- Close to Abu Dhabi International Airport is Masdar City, a planned city that is still under development and expected to be completed in the next decade. Similar to Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium, the temperature here is markedly lower than the desert.
18. Manarat Al Saadiyat- Manarat Al Saadiyat is a centre that promotes artistic expression and a visit here will introduce you to art exhibitions, workshops, training sessions and everything to do with art. When you’re done exploring, sit down for a snack at Larte Restaurant.
19. Al Ain palace Museum- Al Ain Palace Museum is an eye-opener into the world of the erstwhile Emir of Abu Dhabi, Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. You’ll witness the tent he used to host his guests in winters and his family tree among the other insightful displays.
20. Classic Car Museum- There’s just something about classic cars that take your breath away. Al Ain Classic Car Museum will guarantee that with its collection of old beauties. The collection rotates so there’s something new to see every moment.
21. Women’s handicraft centre- Traditional Abu Dhabi handicrafts are brought to life at Women’s Handicraft Center. The museum displays handmade souvenirs, intricate needlework and Arabian oils among other things.