Book Tour and Activities on the Go!
|4 Nights Phuket and Krabi Tour Package with Phi Phi Islands||5D 4N||₹ 16999||3.0 star||View Details|
|4 Days Phuket Honeymoon with James Bond Island (flights Included)||4D 3N||₹ 29999||4.0 star||View Details|
|5 Nights Honeymoon Trip to Bangkok & Phuket 25% off||6D 5N||₹ 20250||4.0 star||View Details|
|6 Days Romantic Honeymoon Tour of Thailand Flat 20% off||6D 5N||₹ 23810||4.0 star||View Details|
|5 Nights Phuket Honeymoon Package with Krabi 30% off||6D 5N||₹ 26580||4.0 star||View Details|
One of the best tourist attractions in Phuket, Phuket Aquarium is the place where you can see the diverse marine life at its best. There are more than a thousand varieties of colourful, tropical fish and other exotic marine life. The aquarium has various sections such as streams, mangroves, coral reefs and even deep sea!
Each of these has been adorned with the particular variety of wildlife that you will find in that area.The exhibits are vibrant, lively and interactive and indeed a pleasure to watch for young and old alike, no wonder then that it attracts more than 300,000 visitors per year. It is located at southernmost tip of the Cape Panwa and is surrounded byy breathtaking scenic beauty.
Location: Mueang Phuket District
Timings: Open daily, 08:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Price: The approximate price for an adult is 100 THB and for a child 50 THB
Ask a Question
More Things to do in Phuket
Other Listings in Phuket
What You Should Know More About Tours in Phuket
Phuket being surrounded by beaches provide for many scuba diving adventures. Many organizers are present who give their tourists scuba diving training and tours. A few must try scuba diving tours include.
- Racha Noi South Tip 3 Dive Day Trip: Racha Noi South Tip is a top diving location only suitable for experienced divers who are open water certified or Advanced level scuba diving.
- Phi Phi Day Trip: The Phi Phi Island scuba diving destinations are finalized prior to arrival at the dive sites based on weather conditions boat traffic and sea conditions prove to give you the best experience ever.
- Similan Islands Scuba Diving 2 Dive Day Trip: Similan islands scuba diving from Phuket is available every day of the week, as well as offering the Similan Islands Day Trip as well.
Phuket's great advantage is that there's always something to do on and off the island, whether it's raining or shining. You can also avail our Phuket Sightseeing Tour (Flat 21% Off) which covers all major attractions of the city. A few top attractions for sightseeing include:
Phuket Big Buddha: Phuket's Big Buddha is one of the most important landmarks on the island. The huge image sits on top of the Nakkerd Hills between Chalong and Kata and, at 45 metres tall, can be seen from as far away as Phuket Town and Karon Beach.
Wat chalong: Wats - or Buddhist temples - are among the most important symbols of Thailand. Wat Chalong has been extending a warm welcome to visitors for over a century. Locals come to pray and Westerners come to learn something about Buddhism. The temple is open from seven in the morning to five in the afternoon.
Kamala beach: Phuket FantaSea is the island’s biggest and most extravagant show and an absolute must-see. The 11-act extravaganza is part of a 24.3-hectare cultural theme park showcasing Thailand’s beautiful, fascinating heritage which is a must visit.
Phuket housing so many islands is sure to offer amazing boating experiences, couples can book Romantic Sunset Cruise in Phuket to have an amazing boat ride in evening. Famous boating tours include:
- The Phi Phi island boat tour: The Phi Phi Islands Tour by speed boat gives you a day of exploring the most stunning sights around these very popular and very beautiful islands in Southern Thailand costing about USD 200 (12800 INR).
- Phantom Nga Bay: Sea Kayaking in Phang Nga Bay gives you a unique, personal perspective of this amazing part of the world. The striking limestone islands and caves are a wonder to behold and the small sea kayak is the only way to get right up close for about USD 300 (19200 INR).
- Similan Islands Excursion by Speedboat: Discover breathtaking sights and diverse marine life in the beautiful Similan Islands. Enjoy a day in the splendor of one of the world's top diving and snorkeling sites, with clear blue water, rich coral, colorful marine life, and sandy beaches costing about USD 250 (13000 INR).
Surfing in Phuket is a great low-season activity. Even though the waves are not as impressive as in Hawaii, Sidney or Biarritz, you can still have a lot of fun surfing Phuket’s waves. Here are a few favourite surf spots in Phuket:
- Bang Tao Beach Surfing: The middle of the beach is protected from the swells and some smaller waves are eminently rideable. Further north along the beach the waves get bigger as it is exposed to the wind promising amazing surfing experience.
- Kalim Beach Surfing: Kalim Beach is one of the better surf beaches on Phuket and when other beaches are impossible many surfers head to Kalim as it is protected from the swell.
- Kamala Beach Surfing: This north end of Kamala's northernmost beach is a beach break with stable sandbanks, due to the reefs making it perfect for surfing.
Phuket offers many day tours which are affordable. With so many scenic views and beaches to cover, it will be ideal to take day tours.
- Phi Phi islands: The day-long boat tour of the Phi Phi islands from Phuket is one of the most popular of all day-trips sold here. These two large, rocky islands that rise from the ocean as sheer rock walls are 48 kilometres southeast of Phuket in the open ocean.
- Phang Nga Bay: Phang Nga Bay is Phuket's most famous neighbour, and many day tours are available, with the quality varying from cheap, cattle-truck tourism to excellent and exhilarating tours.
- Similan islands: In the right weather, the Similan Islands can be seductively beautiful. However, a day tour to these nine, low-lying islands surrounded by beautiful, turquoise waters needs careful consideration.
Being beach rich, coming to Phuket you should not go back without having amazing cruising experiences in its pristine clear waters.
- Phang Nga Bay Cruise on a Chinese Junk: Three Chinese Junks cruise in parallel through the Phang Nga Bay, each showing off distinctive sails and each pulling an empty dingy that chases behind like a tagalong sibling is a must visit.
- Sea angel cruise: This cruise trip takes you to the beautiful island of the Phi Phi and khai Island tour with sightseeing at Maya bay, viking cave and emerald bay promising you an amazing time.
Two famous adrenaline pumping activities for most tourists are parasailing and kayaking. Phuket being surrounded by amazing beaches you have a lot of options for these sports.
- Sea Cave Kayaking at Phang Nga Bay: Travel from midday to midnight to the hidden wonders of Phang Nga Bay, including a kayaking tour of limestone sea caves and cliff-lined lagoons.
- Parasailing at Khao Phing Kan: Zoom over the Phang Nga Bay parasailing and then later visit the fishing village of Koh Panyee and canoe around Khao Phing Kan, the island made famous in the 1974 James Bond movie.
- Full-day Tour from Phuket with Kayaking in Sea Caves: Discover secret caves tucked into the picturesque limestone karst islands of Phang Nga Bay on a full-day boat tour from Phuket. Kayak into sea caves, explore pristine beaches, watch the sunset over the Andaman Sea, and see the stars come out.
Phuket Island surrounded by warm tropical waters is a paradise for water sports lovers where you can do Adventure Stand Up Paddling and Snorkelling which are famed for thrill. The area is well known to scuba enthusiasts but lesser-recognised water activities such a sea kayaking and kitesurfing are growing in popularity-
Phuket Snorkeling: The tropical waters of the Andaman Sea are ideal for snorkeling - clear, calm, balmy and bursting with brilliant marine life.Snorkeling in Phuket, Phi Phi, Similan Islands is open all around the year costing about USD 40-50 per hour.
Scuba Diving: Diving day trips from Phuket to Phi Phi Island and the Racha Islands operate throughout the year. Both beginners and experienced divers will appreciate the underwater scenery at Phi Phi, the fascinating King Cruiser wreck close to Anemone Reef, and the exciting diving at Shark Point - named after the Leopard sharks which live on the sandy bottom costing about USD 50 for an hour.
Jet Skis: Jet-skis are available for hire at most of the island’s major beaches. It’s a fun and popular activity but it should be noted that, beyond providing life jackets, there is little regard for safety and – on Patong Beach in particular costing about USD 30 (200 INR) for an hour.
Discover the wild side of Phuket undertaking one of its wildlife safari tours and get up close with its natural habitat.
- Natural Khao Lak Discovery Trip: Join the day trip to Khao Lak and get a unique experience on the bamboo rafting along Khao Lak River and enjoy a peaceful atmosphere at waterfall to escape from the heat in busy city. Discover pineapple plantation and Wat Suwannakuha to see beautiful giant reclining golden Buddha costing about USD 300 (19200 INR).
- Trip to Koh Yao Noi: Experience the Koh Yao Noi way of life in a secluded retreat from Phuket or Krabi. Wake to the sound of tropical birds and explore the island on mountain bike, jeep or longtail boat, passing water buffalo along Koh Yao’s dirt tracks costing about USD 250 (16000 INR).
Tired of the beaches? Head to one of the following places to witness and be a part of the cultural wonder in Phuket.
- Phuket Fantasea Show: Phuket Fantasea is one of Thailand’s most spectacular show. This cultural theme park is divided into three sections: shopping in the Festival village, dining in the Golden Kinnaree Buffet Restaurant and Vegas-style entertainment in the Palace of the Elephants costing about USD 300-450 (19000-28800 INR) per person.
- Simon Cabaret Show: The Simon Cabaret Show has become one of the best and biggest transvestite cabaret shows in the region. Each show runs the entire range of musical theatre from cultures around the world, combining traditional Thai, Chinese and Japanese dance with broadway numbers and much more costing about USD 200 (12800 INR) per show.
- Cultural Sightseeing Tour: The tour will take you to see the Sino-Portuguese buildings in old Phuket Town, the scenic views from Khao Rang Hill, the glittering Wat Chalong temple, and then to Sireh Island to see how the Sea Gypsies live costing about USD 150-200 (12000-12800 INR) per person.
White water rafting is famous only in the Phang Nga Rafting Camp and provides for a thrilling and fun experience on rubber rafts taking 6 people each.
- The full-day adventure takes you to Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary and the wild river running through it for an exciting 45-minute thrill ride through steep gorges and exhilarating rapids.
- On the gentler sections, you will also get a chance to enjoy the scenery provided by the beautiful virgin rainforest around you.
- The whole experience along with lunch will cost your about USD 500-600 (32,000-40,000 INR) per person for one whole day.
At first glance, Phuket may seem like a perfect island on its own, boasting beautiful beaches and exciting nightlife. Each one is easily accessible by boat taking less than two hours or so depending on where you would like to go and he best way is island hopping.
- Phang Nga Bay: Phang Nga’s distinctive feature would be the limestone formations that jut out from the emerald water surrounding the bay. The best way to get there would be to hop on a boat from the northern end of Phuket.
- Tachai Island: A small, uninhabited island located halfway between Surin and Similan islands, Tachai is known for it’s undisturbed dive spots and sublime beauty. There a few things that you can do here and hopping on a speedboat will let you explore all of its hidden beauty for a day.
- Rok Islands: Made up of twin islands, ‘Koh Rok Nai’ and ‘Koh Rok Nok’. Koh Rok Nok has amazing beaches like ‘Ao Man Sai’ and ‘Pha Samed Daeng’ and the perfect ending to a beautiful day at ‘Thong Cape’ viewpoint known for its alluring sunsets. Koh Rok Nai features more of the island’s inner beauty with a waterfall and dive area.
There are two main Phuket sailing itineraries that most people follow when sailing the east coast of Phuket in Thailand:
- The northern route to Phang Nga Bay, James Bond Island and Krabi.
- The southern route to Phi Phi, Koh Lanta and the Racha Islands.
Phuket offers virtually the full range of popular water sports enjoyed in destinations worldwide. But the best is sky diving and kite surfing.
- Kitesurfing: Beginners appreciate the shallow waters and gentle breezes of the southeast coast while over at Nai Yang and Layan beaches in northwest Phuket, more practiced kite surfers really let rip with acrobatic stunts costing about USD 450-650 all inclusive (20000-30000 INR).
- Skydiving: Skydiving has been closed in Phuket and is available in drop zones of Pattaya costing about USD 600-800 (41,600-51,200 INR).
If you are planning your honeymoon or just some romantic time away with that special person in your life, there are a number of amazing things to do in Phuket for couples that provide a romantic and peaceful surrounding.
- Phang Nga Bay: Explore the limestone caves around Phang Nga Bay with an experienced guide and learn about their discovery by John Gray in 1989 with your loved one and enjoy ac duke light dinner on the beaches.
- Racha and coral islands: Discover the gorgeous and magnificent Racha and Coral Islands with your loved one and enjoy your time in the waters.
- Similan islands: Discover breathtaking sights and diverse marine life in the beautiful Similan Islands with your spouse to create a romantic experience.
Parasailing, also known as paragliding can be an exciting experience as you strapped into a parachute and towed behind a speedboat for a short ride around off one of Phuket’s beautiful beaches.
Operators are normally found along Phuket’s most popular beaches such as Patong and Kata, and normally only during high season when the weather is calm.
Prices can vary depending on your negotiating skills but expect to pay around 300 USD or more for a short 5 – 10 minute ride.
Make sure you wear a life jacket as you might land in the water and also be aware that your travel insurance will probably not cover any accidents.
Phuket is known for its outstanding beaches, probably more than anything else. With over 30 of them around the island, there’s a wide variety of atmospheres, scenery, facilities and even textures of sand available. A few amazing beaches which are a must visit include.
- Kata Beach: Kata Beach has it all beautiful soft sand, nodding palm trees, clean waters with a soft seabed, good surfing in the low season.
- Freedom Beach: A 300-metre-long strip of some of the finest white sand in Phuket, Freedom Beach has all the isolation of a pristine desert island, but also has a restaurant and beach chairs available.
- Kata Noi Beach: Kata Noi is just under 700m long, but is an amazingly beautiful spot. The sand there is among the finest, the sea among the nicest and the surrounding restaurants among the finest in Phuket.
Hot air balloon rides are so exciting and Chiang Mai is the perfect spot which many organizers opt for the balloon tour.
- Enjoy the beauty of Phuket in a Hot Air Balloon Flight during sunrise followed by champagne toast, international buffet breakfast, luxury spa visit and lunch with complimentary pickup and drop off service.
- You will get a bird's eye view of local temples, rice paddies and tropical forests during a one hour flight at sunrise.
- Your English speaking pilot will present a certificate with a champagne toast after you safely landed.
- The whole experience will cost your about USD 300 (19200 INR) per person.