Adventure Things to Do in Bangkok
34. Rock Climbing at Urban Playground- This indoor climbing is for those people who love thrill, excitement and who are brave enough to take risks. If you are climbing for the first time then you can take the introduction lesson about climbing or you can hire either the private belay service or the bouldering and auto belay device.
35. Surfing at Flow House- Surfing flow house aims at giving the delight of the California beaches. This offers fun for everyone with the perfect combination of food, flowboarding, events, beverages and retailing.
36. Skydiving at Nong Kho Reservoir- Fulfil your childhood dream of flying high in the clear blue sky by indulging yourself in this sky-sport. The easiest and safe way of this is activity is Tandem where an instructor will hold you through the help of a dual harness parachute.
37. Dream World: the World of Happiness- Engage yourself in the gripping adventure of the thrilling rides of this park. There are several things to do in Bangkok including riding the exciting rides like- Space Mountain, Monorail, Grand Canyon, Super Splash, Thunderbird, Crazy Bus, Antique Car, Go-Kart, Flying Carpet and Bumping Boat. Also, visit the snow Park and Haunted House.
38. Formula Renault Driving at Taki Racing- For a man or woman above 16 years who is a freak of motorsports and thinking what to do in Bangkok, this place is the ideal one. Here you avail the initial lesson of racing.
39. Khao Yai National Park Day Excursion- This oldest national park of Thailand is the shelter for around 300 reptiles, animals, and birds. You can see mammals like elephant, macaque, gibbon, civet, barking deer, sambar deer, porcupine, bear, dhole, gaur, and jackal. Also watch colorful and exclusive birds like barbets, broadbills, scarlet minivets, collared owlets, pittas, jungle fowls, siamese firebacks, mountain scops-owls, great slaty woodpeckers, blue-winged leafbirds, Asian fairy bluebirds, trogons, dragons, magpies, silver pheasants, green-legged partridges. This park is also one of the largest homes of Hornbills in Thailand. You cannot miss the reptiles including reticulated python, crested lizards, Ahaetullaprasina, Chinese water dragon, Chinese ratsnake.
40. Trampoline Jumping at Funny Jump in Bang Na- Among several things to do in Bangkok, you cannot miss visiting the Funny Jump in Bangna. This is a fitness and trampoline gym. You can enjoy the freestyle jumping at an affordable price. You can also avail the fitness classes to know the basics of body balancing.
41. Ziplining through the Rain Forests- Have the thrilling experience of the world’s longest and highest canopy zip line in Bangkok. This treetop adventure includes 24 platforms, repelling and sky bridges. If you love adventure and thinking what to do in Bangkok, go on this journey in the rainforest.
Famous Places to See in Bangkok
42. Visit The Grand Palace- If you are seeking for the things to do in Bangkok, you must visit the Grand Palace which represents the history and culture of the city. This spectacular place was built in 1782 and was the home of the kings for 150 years. The beautiful architecture and intricacy of the details are surely going to impress you.
43. Visit Wat Phra Kaew- This is the temple of Emerald Buddha which was made out of the single block of jade. This is the most popular and a very vital Buddhist temple of Thailand.
44. Visit Wat Arun- Wat Arun or the temple of Dawn is locally popular as Wat Chaeng. It is made over the river named Chao Phraya River with the support of the colorful spires and stands.
45. Visit the Rose Garden Cultural Centre- The main attraction of this old city is the cultural performances like- theatrical performances, Thai Boxing, Thai dancing, sword fighting and an elephant show. Also, the local handicraft market and the local food court attracts the tourists here.
46. Visit Vimanmek Palace- This dazzling palace is the largest mansion in the world which is made out of the gold teaks. You can witness the old photographs and memorabilia of the past kings, antique furniture of the past era, glassware and porcelain.
47. Visit Nakhon Nayok Province- Among several things to do in Bangkok, visit this province for several activities. Give a visit to- San Lak Mueang, Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy, King Rama V Monument, Circular Pavilion, Royal Military Academy Museum, Shrine of Chao Pho Khun Dan, Phra phutthachai or Wat Phra Chai, Luang Pho Sian Nakhon, Khao Nang Buat, Ban Dong Lakhon Archaeological Site, Quartermaster Infantry of Japanese Military Memorial, Namtok Sarika, Lan Rak Falls, Wang Takheai, Nang Rong Falls, Sai Thong Reservoir, Huai prue Reservoir, Namtok-Ka-ang and so many other places.
48. Visit Island of Koh Kret- Visit Koh-Kret for several attractions like San Lak Mueang, Chulachomklao Royal Military Academy, King Rama V Monument, Circular Pavilion, Shrine of Chao Pho Khun Dan, Wat Phra Chai, Namtok Ka-ang, Thudongkhasathan Thawon Nimit, Namtok Heo Narok, Chao Pho Ongkharak etc. also enjoy the activities like Khao Yai-Nakhon Nayok Jungle Trek. Also, visit the Khao Yai National Park.
49. Visit The Bangkok National Museum- Thus museum has the largest collection of Thai arts and art crafts. Initially built to exhibit the antiques and gifts gifted to King Rama V by his father. All the things are arranged in three areas in this museum.
50. Climb the Sathorn Unique Tower- This is a haunted abandoned skyscraper which is4 9 storied. This is referred to as the ghost tower by the local people as it is rumored that they can see dead people turning on the tower every night. Tourists visit this both for the panoramic view of Bangkok and the thrilling experience.
51. Visit Erawan Shrine- This is actually a Brahmin temple but is structured as a shrine. It is actually made to pay respect to the four-faced Brahmin God, Brahma. People pay a visit to the place from the early morning till late at night. Here Thai lion dances are also performed.
52. Wat Mahathat- If you are searching for things to do in Bangkok you should pay a visit to Wat Mahathat which is the headquarter of the country’s monastic order. Also, meditation and Buddhism is taught here.
53. Roam and Eat in Chinatown- While you are in this China Town give a visit to Wat Traimit to see the largest Buddha made of Gold, visit the Sampeng Lane to buy the local goodies, The China Gate, visit the Yaowarat Road at night which turns into the best location for street food, visit Great China Princess Rooftop Revolving Bar for entertainment, visit Wat Mangkol Kamalawat, Romaneenart Park, visit Wat Chakawat Ratchawat and visit the theatre Sala Chalermkrung.
54. Visit Siriraj Medical Museum- This Museum is a great source of knowledge for the students of medicine. The museum is separated into five small museums named as-the Ellis the Pathological Museum, Congdon Anatomical Museum, Sood Sangvichien Prehistoric Museum and Laboratory, Parasitology Museum, and the Songkran Niyomsane Forensic Medicine Museum.
55. Visit Papaya Studio- This studio boats of the largest collection of antique and vintage of Asia. This place is a combination of a vintage store, a photo studio and a museum.
56. Visit Democracy Monument- This Monument was built in the memory of Thailand transforming into a constitutional democracy. On 24th June the constitution was signed and it is represented with four wings which are 24 meters tall and with the central plinth of 3 meters as 3 represents the third month of the Thai Calendar which is June. To signify the Buddhist era there are 75 cannonballs features on the monument.
57. Visit Erawan Museum- Erawan Museum of Bangkok is actually structured in the shape of an elephant of giant size and the three-storeyed museum set in the belly of the elephant. This museum mainly exhibits the priceless collection of ancient objects related to religion and the antiquities which belonged to Khun Lek Viriyapant.
58. Visit David Beckham Temple- The head monk of this temple is a huge fan of the footballer David Beckham and he decided to worship him in this way. At the base of the shrine, there is actually an image of the footballer and therefore the temple is known by David Beckham Temple. The actual name of the temple is Wat Pariwat.
59. Watch Giant Dragon Tower at Wat Samphran- This is a hidden gem in Bangkok. This multi-storeyed building has its entrance into the actual body to the dragons a few floors up from the base. This tower consists of huge sculptures of animals’ like- rabbit, elephant, tortoise, and dolphins.
60. Jim Thompson’s House Museum- Jim Thompson’s House Museum has the collection paintings of the American architect and businessman Jim Thompson. After his disappearance, his house was transformed into a museum.
61. Visit the Flower Market- Known as Pak Klong Talad, this market is the largest market for fresh, retail and wholesale flowers. Here the prices of the flowers are amazingly cheap and you can get all kind of flowers and items related to flora here.
62. Go to Wat Benchamabophit- Majorly known as the Marble Temple this is an important tourist attraction in Bangkok. This Buddhist temple represents the typical styles like high gables, elaborated finials, and stepped-out roofs.
63. Worship at Wat Suthat- Majorly known for the Giant Swing situate at its entrance, this is a very old and impressive temple in Bangkok. This temple consists of an elegant chapel with a sweeping roof, door panels made of teak wood and beautiful wall murals.
64. Visit Wat Ratchanatdaram Woravihara- In 1846 when King Rama III was the king, the templeWat Ratchanatdaram was made. The temple is famous for the Loha Parasat or the Woravihara mainly. It is a structure with 37 spires made of metal which signify 37 virtues of Buddhism.
65. Visit Wat Prayoon- Wat Pyroon is the complex of Buddhist temples. This is situated in Phra Nakhon district, on the Rattanakosin Island.
66. Visit Wat Bowonniwet- Wat Bowonniwet in a temple which carries the relics and the ashes of the royal family of Thailand. Wat Bowonniwet is the patronage temple of the Chakri dynasty. Many princes and kings including King Bhumibol and his son, studied and practices monkhood at this place. At the temple, there is a golden chedi which carries the relics and ashes of the royals of Thailand.
67. Visit Hus Hin- There are so many tourist attraction in Hus Hin such as- Phraya Nakhon cave & Kuha Karuhas pavilion, Vana Nava Water Park, Santorini Water Park, Huay Mongkol Temple, Monkey Mountain, Swiss Sheep Farm, Santorini Park, Trick Art Museum, Camel Republic, 7 Kings Park, Khao Luang Cave etc.
Places to Eat and Drink in Bangkok
68. Enjoy at Ce La Vi Club- Ce La Vi Club Lounge is the club for sophisticated and glamorous people. You can either hit the dance floor or spend some private time with your friends in the central booths. If you fill stuffy you can also go to the terrace and have a look at the central Bangkok
69. Eat at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Restaurant- This restaurant situated on the 5th floor of Mahaakho CUBE, in the business area of Sathorn, serves French delicacies. You can also witness the preparation of every dish served here.
70. Visit Cat Café- Along with other things to do in Bangkok, having the food in the famous restaurants on Bangkok is also a must to do when you are there. Visit this café if you are a cat lover. As soon as you enter the café you can see lots of active cats here and there. Along with this, the ambiance here is also nice and the food served here is delicious.
71. Have food at Celadon, Sukhothai- If you are in Bangkok having Thai food is a must and this is probably the best Thai restaurant in Bangkok. You can enjoy the food seating on the terrace with beautiful view of the lotus ponds.
72. Eat at Le Du Restaurant- Though the name sounds like a French one, this place serves only authentic Thai food. This is really a gem in Bangkok which impresses the foodies with the innovative presentation of the food.
73. Drink at Sky Bar- Among other things to do in Bangkok at Night, you should give a visit to the Sky bar. Situated on the 63rd floor, this round bar will leave you awestruck with its breathtaking view.
74. Must try Susie Wong’s Beers and Buns- If you want to indulge yourself in good fast food with some good drinks, this is the perfect restaurant for you. The buns which they serve with their signature BBQ Pork is amazing in one word.
75. Drink at Above Eleven Bar- This bar is one of the most popular and beautiful rooftop bars in Bangkok providing the panoramic view of the city. This bar stands apart from the other bars and the main reasons behind that are- they serve Peruvian cuisine, they offer cocktails at a cheap rate and they play really good music.
76. Drink at Maggie Choo’s Bar- Located at the Siom Road, this place is really hard to find. This place is a restaurant cum bar which is kind of a new concept in Bangkok.
Offbeat Things to Do in Bangkok
77. Take a Ride of Skytrain- Go and explore Bangkok traveling in Skytrain. Skytrain is the swiftest vehicle in Bangkok undoubtedly. Apart from being cheap, clean, cool and fast, skytrain enables you to witness the scenic beauty of Bangkok as well. You can also go to the shopping malls, Chatuchak Market, riversides and the places situated at Sukhumvit road by Skytrain.
78. Go for Boat Ride- You can visit the historical places, temples and other attractions situated by the riverside traveling by boats. Also, explore the canals or klongs while having a boat ride. There are many kinds of boats which run up and down the Chao Phraya River such as- express boats, tail-boats, and river taxis.
79. Enjoy a Tuk Tuk at Night- Tuk Tuk is a rickshaw with an engine fitted into it. It is a popular medium of traveling among the tourists who ride on Tuk Tuk mainly to explore the city.
80. Watch a Cabaret Show at Calypso Theatre- Calypso Cabaret Show in Bangkok welcomes in a warm manner and in different languages. The ladyboys dress up to the nine and mime to Cher in Calypso. They put the best effort to make it a successful show.
81. Tropical Fruit Tasting at Suan Supatra- Suan Supatra the everlasting fruit buffet is the perfect place for a person who loves fruits. Taste the juicy Thai fruits like Mangosteen, Longan, Rose Apple, Durian, Rambutan, etc.here.
82. Long Tail Boat Tour- You can explore the beautiful Klongs by hiring a long-tail boat. This is made of wood and is a beautifully crafted hull with a longtail engine and shaft attached to it.
83. Water Fight During Songkran- The people of Thailand love to have fun and during Songkran, they enjoy friendly water-fights. Here water is used as a symbol of washing away all the misfortunes of the previous years and welcoming the new with optimism.
84. Puppet Show at Aksra Theatre- The puppet show at Aksra Theatre is a very popular and traditional show. Performed on elaborated stage, folktales are told through the puppets. These puppets are not hidden away but they are a part of the show and they are controlled by three puppeteers.
85. Amulet Market- Amulet Market is a combination of both open stalls on the footpath and the covered stalls. The trade is mainly propelled by the taximen, the collectors, the monks and the people engaged in dangerous occupations.
86. Enjoy Swinging in Giant Swing- Giant Swing is a tourists’ attraction. This religious structure in Phra Nakhon in front of the Wat Suthat is usually used in Brahmin Ceremonies.
87. Eat Some Bugs- If you are in Bangkok you must taste fried insects at least once. They are tasty and have nutrition value as well. These are also tasty, greasy and cheap. This is a specialty in Bangkok.
88. Eat Thai Street Food- Delicious and the convenient street food is a quintessential part of the culture of Bangkok. There is a plenty of street food stalls on every street of Bangkok. Some of the famous Thai street foods are- Som Tam, Pla Pao, Khao Pad, Pad Thai Kung, Gai/Moo king, Khao Mun Gai etc.
89. Spend One Night in Prison at Sook Station- Sook Station is a prison-themed hostel in Bangkok. This is actually prison with all the comforts which give you the experience of being an inmate. If you want to know what to do at Night in Bangkok, spend a night as inmate here.
90. Take a Trip Around Chatuchak Market- Chatu Chak is the most popular shopping destination in Bangkok among the traders and also the tourists. It is a vast market with almost 8000 stalls. With a huge collection put on sale, this market is the ultimate solution for all the shopaholics.
91. Boat Trip Along the Chao Phraya River- There are many historical places, temples and other attractions by the side of the Chao Phraya River. Three kinds of boats such as- express boats, tail-boats, and river taxis can be used to sail through this river and explore these sights.
92. Shop Till You Drop At Siam Paragon- Siam Paragon is a splendid and huge shopping mall which can satisfy your shopping spree. There are sprawling shops of international high-end brands, multiple restaurants offering international cuisine, biggest aquarium of South-East Asia and a multiplex as well.
93. Dance at a Full Moon Party- Full Moon Party is the whole night beach party which takes place generally before or after the full moon. This party is mainly attended by the tourists. So dance under the sky full of stars and the moon and have a memorable experience.
94. Travel through Bangkok’s City Canals- The city canals are known as Klongs in Bangkok which is so beautiful. You can sail through these canals by boat or a ferry. There are mainly two famous Klongs- Klong Saen Saeb which separates the East and West part of the city and that cuts across Bangkok city from east to west Klongs of Thonburi, a network of canals.
95. Chang Chui Market - Dine in a plane- In Bangkok, a new kind of market has been set up with a plane placed on the market. It helps the artists to showcase their works without spending much. There is also an art gallery, a theatre, restaurants, and cafes in the plane. So dine in the airplane while you are at Chang Chui Market.
96. Cycle Bangkok’s Green Lung- Bang Kachao is a lung-shaped space situated in the middle of Bangkok which is very much rich in oxygen. Hire a cycle and explore the concrete jungle. Get some fresh air while cycling through the pathways made through the palm forests, papaya groves, and the quiet villages.
97. Go to Escape Hunt Experience- If you are above seven years, you can play this hunting game alone or with a group of people. This is a live puzzle game where you have to solve a murder case. This is located in the Terminal 21 shopping mall in Bangkok.
98. Flight Experience Bangkok- For the children who aspire to become pilots, the adults who are passionate about airplanes and all the people who fear to travel by planes- simulation flight is a great experience for all. Situated on the second floor of the Gateway Ekmai Mall, this seems to be so realistic.
99. Watch Elephant Show- Samphran Elephant Ground and Zoo are most popular as the show of elephants. Here you can watch and feed the elephants.
100. Dinner by Grand Pearl Cruise- Sail through the Chao Phraya River traveling by the luxurious pearl cruise. It offers comfort and luxury at its best. This ride also includes international cuisine. Enjoy the delicious buffet while watching the cultural programs performed there. So visit places like Wat Arun, the Grand Palace, Wat Pra Kaew having all the luxury and comfort.
101. Pratunam Market- Located at the junction of the Ratchaprop and Petchburi roads, this huge market sells clothes, shoes, and fashion accessories at the retail prices.