Brahmatal Trek Highlights
- One of a few winter trek, with 2 Glacier Lake just at an altitude of 3180 meters, with entire trail in snow in peak winter.
- Catch the glimpses of magnificent Himalayan Ranges. Mt. Trishul which is closely allocated with the views of Nanda Ghunti at each step of Brahmatal trek.
- The trail offers the peek into the Skeleton Lake, The Roopkund from Brahmatal Ridge.
- Get ready to know more about the history of Lord Brahma, meditating at Brahmatal Lake in a small town of Lohajung.
Brahmatal Trek Overview
About The Brahmatal Lake Trek:
Another jewel of the Himalayas which is untouched by trekkers around the world is the Brahmatal trek, which is devoted to Lord Brahma. It is beautifully positioned amidst the Himalayas and covered with blankets of snow. The trail allows you to see the centuries-old forest of Oak and Rhododendron. Walking in meadows besides Brahamatal Ridge you can see many sites of Roopkund Trek. A glance at the Garhwal Mountains in the distance on a clear day will totally melt your heart.
Brahmatal Trek Quick Facts:
- Brahmatal Trek Distance: 22km
- Brahmatal Trek Height: 12,150 ft
- Bhramatal Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate
- Temperature: Day: (8°C to 15°C) and Night: (0°C to -7°C)
- Best Time for Brahmatal Trek: December - March
- Nearest Railway Station: Kathgodam is the nearest railway station
- Nearest Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
- Nearest ATM: Dewal has the last ATM point before your trek begins. It's advisable to withdraw money in Kathgodam itself.
- Start/End Point: Kathgodam
How to Reach Kathgodam:
The Kathgodam station is one of the main stations in the district and it is an old station. It has good connectivity to many places and these include Lucknow, Delhi, and Howrah.
From Delhi take the Ranikhet Express (5014) Dep. Delhi at 10:40 pm arrival Kathgodam at 5:30 am (Overnight Journey) or the Uttar sampark Kranti (5035) Dep. Delhi at 4:00pm arrival Kathgodam at 10:40pm (6 hrs.40min.Journey).From Dehardun take the Doon Express (4120) Dep. Dehardun at 10:30 pm arrival Kathgodam at 7:10 pm (8hrs.journey).
By Air: The nearest airport to Kathgodam is the Pantnagar Airport located at a distance of 32kms from Kathgodam. The airport is connected with Delhi by 4 round flights per week. Taxis are easily available from the Airport to Kathgodam.
By Bus: Regular buses starts from ISBT Delhi Anand Vihar station to Kathgodam. Buses that go to Nainital stops at Haldwani which is a twin town of Kathgodham (8 hrs. Journey). Usually, buses drop you at the Haldwani bus station. From there you have to come to Kathgodham Railway Station which is 4km away.Tata Sumo or similar vehicles will pick up you from Kathgodham Railway Station We would suggest you take only government buses from ISBT Anand Vihar.
Kathgodam at 7:10 pm (8hrs.journey).
Brahmatal Trek Package Inclusions:
1.Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2.Meals while on trek (Veg)
3. Trek equipment (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dining tent, crampon, utensils, tent)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees are inlcuded in Bhramatal trek package.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
7.Transport from Kathgodam to Lohajung and return.
8. Staff insurance.
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
More Details about Brahmatal Trek
Know Before You Go for Brahmatal Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the trek leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- Do not harm or interrupt the local and religious sentiments of the places.
- Though medical facilities are available at every campsite, participants are suggested to carry their own medication (if any)
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed.
- Social distancing to be maintained.
- Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Professional and experienced staff to cater your needs for the whole trip.
Things To Carry for Brahmatal Trek
- Rain coverMandatory Item
- Walking stickMandatory Item
- Day pack (20-30l)Mandatory Item
- Backpack with waterproof liningsMandatory Item
- Hiking shoesMandatory Item
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Led torch (with extra batteries)
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf