Popular Wayanad Packages
|3 Days 2 Nights||₹ 6499.0|
|3 Days 2 Nights||₹ 8999.0|
|4 Days 3 Nights||₹ 9999.0|
|3 Days 2 Nights||₹ 8999.0|
|5 Days 4 Nights||₹ 15999.0|
Wayanad PackagesWayanad tour packages - Browse through a wide range of Wayanad holiday packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book customized Wayanad vacation packages with exciting deals & offers.
One of the best places to visit in God’s own country! Wayanad tour packages bring to you the gist of this beautiful patch of greenery over the course of several days. If you wish to witness the best, visit the most mesmerizing places in Wayanad, experience the greatest thrills and stay in the most comfortable locations in Wayanad, then this guide will help you with it. Be it a weekender or a full-fledged tour of the best locations of Wayanad, this surely will help you find the best choice for you.
With a wide array of options to choose from, you will be spoilt for choice! Whether you are looking for budget Wayanad tour packages or one that offers luxury in the region, you will find it here. The best part of all this is that you just have to show up and witness the breathtaking sceneries around, leave the rest on the Wayanad packages. Visit the famous waterfalls and lakes around Wayanad.
While you are on the way in Wayanad, the trees will never leave you. Be it the Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary for spotting elephants and wild cats, or the Banasura Sagar Dam, the natural beauty of Wayanad never disappoints in rejuvenating the spirits of everyone who visit here. The experience of walking in the tea and spice plantations of Wayanad will make you realize that Kerala was created in the image of God’s own home.
The timeless beauty of Wayanad would be evident when you visit the Edakkal caves to witness the 8000-year-old cave art and stand in awe of the long way that humanity has come. What matters here is who do you come to Wayanad with? Friends, family or your partner, or solo? That is where the beauty of this place lies.
This place has a charm for everyone and Wayanad tour packages for family, groups or solo travelers are all waiting to be discovered by you and motivate you to begin packing for an adventurous and beautiful time of your life. Come soon, Wayanad is waiting with its evergreen allure.
People Also Ask About Wayanad Tours
Which are the best places to visit on a Wayanad tour?
1. Kuruva Island: Boasting of a resplendent natural beauty, Kuruva Island is one of the most popular inclusions in Wayanad tour packages. Nestled in the middle of the river Kabini, this delta, with its evergreen forests and fast flowing streams, Kuruva is the ideal haven for nature lovers.
Location: River Kabini, Wayanad, Kerala, India.
2. Bamboo Forests: The bamboo forest of Wayanad is one of the most beautiful places in the city. Walls of towering green bamboo shoots line the road that can be driven through, making for a stunning road trip. A number of wildlife safaris can also be enjoyed here.
Location: Muthanga, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala.
3. Banasura Sagar Dam: Set against the backdrop of rolling green hills, the stunning blue waters of the Banasura Sagar Dam is a must-visit for tourists travelling to Wayanad trip. A number of different activities can be enjoyed here, such as trekking or boating.
Location: Vythiri, Wayanad, Kerala, India.
4. Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary: Nestled in the lap of the Western Ghats, Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary is a popular part of all Wayanad tour packages. Animals here such as elephants, tigers, leopards and bears can be observed in their natural habitats. The Sanctuary is also home to a number of bird species, making birdwatching a popular activity here.
Location: Tholpetty, Kerala 670646.
5. Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary: A part of the Nilgiri Biosphere Reserve, this expansive Wildlife Sanctuary is home to a number of endangered animals and birds. One of the mandatory inclusions in Wayanad trip packages, several jungle activities can be enjoyed here, such as nature walks, safaris and more.
Location: Puthuppally Road, Sultan Bathery, Kerala 673592.
6. Soochipara Waterfalls: Encompassed by thick green woodlands, this three layered waterfall in Wayanad is a sight to behold. The falls serves as an ideal location for trekking, swimming and rock climbing, making Soochipara a prominent part of all Wayanad tours.
Location: Kalpetta, Wayanad, Kerala 673577.
Also Read:- 40 Kerala Houseboat Packages
What are the best things to do on the Wayanad trip?
1. Go trekking on the Chembra Peak: Cutting its way across forests and grasslands, the trekking route on Chembra is ideally suited for seasoned trekkers. With an elevation of about 2,100 meters above sea level, the peak offers a stunning panoramic view of the entire Kozhikode district.
Price: Starting from Rs. 250 per adult person.
2. Camp out in the Tea Gardens: Nestled amidst the lush green tea plantations of Wayanad, this camp allows you to experience the best of nature. A popular preference in Wayanad trip packages, the camping experience here is not to be missed. The excellent views of the rising and setting sun from the camp are an added attraction here.
Price: Starting from Rs. 2,100 per adult.
3. Try your hand in Ziplining: One of the best ways to enjoy the surreal beauty of Wayanad is to zipline across lake Karlad. The aerial views commanded by the activity offers an otherworldly sight, making this a popular tourist spot here. This ziplining activity is a completely guided one, and can be attempted by beginners as well.
Price: Starting from Rs. 300 per adult.
4. Enjoy Bamboo rafting at Kuruva Island: What better way to explore the beautiful waters of the island than to navigate them on a bamboo raft? These traditional boats, built entirely of bamboo strung together, offer a delightful taste of the local culture of Kerala, making it one of the most interesting activities in Wayanad tour packages.
Price: Starting from Rs. 600 per adult.
5. Explore the farms of Wayanad: One of the most popular Wayanad packages is the farm tour here. The tour takes you across paddy fields and bamboo villages, and offers an insight into the daily life of farmers in Kerala.
Price: Starting from Rs. 330 per adult.
Planning a trip to Kerala, Check out this:- 55 Kerala Tour Packages
What is Wayanad famous for?Wayanad is famous for more than one thing. This quaint hill town is known popularly for its rich biodiversity, alluring caves, cascading waterfalls, lavish resorts, and lush spice estates. In addition to all these, Wayanad is also famous for its adventure activities such as rafting, boating, and jungle trekking.
Check out:- Alleppey Tour Packages
What is the best time to visit Wayanad?The most ideal time for visiting Wayanad is from the month of October until the month of May. During this time of the year, the weather of the place is cool and tolerable, which favours outdoor activities, such as sightseeing and trekking.
What is the famous food of Wayanad?Wayanad is known for its chic eateries and classic delicacies. Some of the must-try food items of this hill town are:- Fish Moilee- Appam- Payasam- Nadan Beef Fry- Karimeen Pollichathu- Malabar Biriyani- Chemmeen Pathiri- Malabar Duck Roast- Chatti Pathiri- Puttu & beef curry- Kattu soup- Then Nellikka
Must Read:- 50 Kerala Honeymoon Packages
Which are the best places to stay in Wayanad?
1. Windflower Resort and Spa, Vythiri: Surrounded by coffee plantations, this laidback resort offers luxury suites and rooms for stay. Facilities at the resort include an outdoor pool, a children’s pool and a spa with a steam room and sauna. The resort also houses a restaurant with valley views.
Location: Annapoorna Estate, Survey No. 40/ 2B, Resurvey No. 330/1, Vythiri Taluk, Choornam, Kerala 673575.
Price: Starting from Rs. 8,000.
2. Lakerose Wayanad, Kalpetta: A gorgeous resort nestled by the Kalpetta Lake, Lakerose Wayanad offers quaint, well-furnished cottages for stay. Each cottage is fitted with a private patio with stunning views to the surrounding ranges. The beautiful outdoor infinity pool at the resort adds to the charm of the place.
Location: Karapuzha Dam, Kalpetta, Kerala 673122.
Price: Starting from Rs. 6,600.
3. Vythiri Village, Vythiri: A luxury resort nestled in the heart of the mountains, Vythiri Village offers luxe, well-furnished rooms. Guests can choose between suites, cottages and villas.
Along with a swimming pool, the resort also features an ayurvedic spa, a health club, and multiple dining options. Activities such as paintball, archery, ziplining and other outdoor sports are also organized here.
Location: Vythiri, Kerala 67357.
Price: Starting from Rs. 7,600.
4. Banasura Hill Resort: Nestled amidst natural tropical forests, this rustic hill resort offers chic cottages for stay. Earth-toned décor and cane furnitures add to the rural charm of the place. The resort also features a relaxed restaurant and a spa.
Location: Vellamunda, Wayanad, Kerala 670731.
Price: Starting from Rs. 6,400.
5. After the rains, Meppadi: Set amidst vast coffee plantations, After the Rains is an ethnic wildlife resort offering luxury stay options. The resort also features an outdoor pool, a common lounge area, a fishing point, and several observation decks.
Location: Valathur, Rippon, Meppadi, Kerala 673577.
Price: Starting from Rs. 7,000.
Must Check:- 5 Kerala Houseboat Honeymoon Packages
Which are the best places to visit at night on a Wayanad tour?
1. Lakkidi View Point: One of the most popular viewpoints in Wayanad, Lakkidi offers some of the most stunning views of the surrounding green mountains. The viewpoint is best visited during the twilight hours, when it commands excellent views of the sunset.
2. Santhi Pappadam: Remaining open till late hours, Santhi Pappadam is one of the most unique stores in Wayanad. Selling handlooms, handicrafts and antiques at value prices, this offbeat store is a must visit for any shopaholic travelling to Wayanad.
3. Kurumbalakotta Mala: Known for its excellent sunset views, Kurumbalakotta Mala serves as an ideal location for overnight camping in Wayanad. Rising to a height of about 990 meters above sea level, this peak offers a romantic repose under the stars.
4. Kalindi River Resort: A unique experience offered by the Kalindi river resort in Wayanad is the nighttime jeep safari through the jungles here.
Also Explore:- 30 Alleppey Houseboats
What all things should one carry for a Wayanad trip?
If you are there for family holidays or even to have some adventure, the things you take with yourself should be comfortable and yet helpful. Comfort should be the main and the foremost thing to keep in mind while packing for the tour.
Apart from that there are five essential items that you need to carry before you leave for a Wayanad trip, a bag of normal size which can carry your stuff, a water bottle, a torch and also a sleeping bag.
Must Explore:- 20 Kumarakom Houseboats
What are the best places to visit in Wayanad with family?
1. Edakkal Caves: The Edakkal caves are a pair of two natural caves, which serve as a shelter for the Neolithic community. Ancient carvings and inscriptions on the cave walls offer an insight into the history of the place.
2. Nagarhole National Park and Tiger Reserve: A mandatory addition to all Wayanad packages, this expansive Park is one of India’s premier tiger reserves. Jungle safaris, nature walks and more can be enjoyed here.
3. Pookode Lake: Surrounded by towering hills on all sides, this picturesque lake offers an ideal location for day picnics with the family. Hiking, boating and birdwatching are some of the activities offered here.
4. Sree Thirunelli Mahavishnu Temple: Set at an elevation of 900 meters above sea level, this ancient Hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. Archaic pillars with inscriptions serve as special attractions here, making the temple a prominent part of all Wayanad tour packages.
Suggested Read: Places to Visit in Kerala
What sort of climate can I find in Wayanad?
Mainly the district of Wayanad experiences a typical tropical monsoon climate throughout the year. The weather is always calm and enjoyable almost in every month of the year.
In summers it is neither too hot nor too cold during winters. But during monsoon it rains heavily making it impossible for the trekkers to trek on the sloppy ranges.
Is Wayanad safe to travel?
Yes, Wayanad is absolutely safe for travel. The hospitality and friendliness of the locals here makes Wayanad an especially welcoming place.
How can I reach Wayanad from Bangalore? What is the distance between Wayanad and Bangalore?
There are four distinct ways through which one can easily reach Wayanad, by bus, by train, by air or else you can hire a cab or car to drive to your destination. Wayanad district is just 282 km away from the city of Bangalore.- Road: The road distance between Bangalore and Wayanad is 282.7 kilometers via NH 275 and NH 766. Direct buses to Wayanad ply from Bangalore. The journey will take about 9 hours. However, the best way to reach Wayanad is self driving your own vehicle or hiring a four wheeler. The journey will be very pleasant as you will be traveling across a highly scenic route. The roads in this route are in very good conditions. However, you will always need to be careful when driving through the ghat roads. If travelling by bus it will take you minimum nine hours to reach Wayanad from the Kalasipalayam bus stand.
- Train: There is no direct train between Bangalore and Wayanad. The closest you can reach Wayanad via train is by taking the Tirupati – Chamrajnagar Express from Banaswadi Station. Your stop will be Nanjangud, 109 kilometers from Wayanad. An alternative train route is reaching Kozhikode Station, which again is about 100 kilometers from Wayanad.
- Air: The fastest means to reach Wayanad is by air which will take just an hour to reach the Kozhikode Airport, from where you can easily get a cab to Wayanad. The distance is approximately 100 km
The best journey from Bangalore to Wayanad is by road in a car as it makes you admire the nature’s beauty a little more.
Is there any public transportation available from Bangalore to Wayanad?
Yes there is plenty of public transportation available from Bangalore that can easily take you to Wayanad. There are many private bus services that go directly to Wayanad from the Kalasipalayam bus stand.
Apart from it you can travel through train to the nearest Nanjangud station or else you can even rent a cab or car to drive off to the district of Wayanad.
How is Wayanad wildlife sanctuary? How much is the cost of safari?
As Wayanad is known as one of the most beautiful retreats of Kerala, it is enriched with natural scenic beauty and rich natural resources with hills, wildlife sanctuaries and many more.
The Wayanad safari service provides the best tours at a very cheap price. It will take you to the parts of jungle where you can relive the wild life. The safari starts at a very minimal price of INR 300if you take a taxi and an additional 100 if you hire a guide.
Planning a romantic getaway, Checkout: Wayanad Honeymoon Trip Packages
Can we stay in home stays in Wayanad? Is it safe?
Wayanad tourist services takes perfect care of their people and visitors who stay with them. Homestays like Wayanadan safe house, the summer villa homestay, the Wayanad stay provides the safest and the best services and programs in the district. They will make you feel welcomed and at homely with their service and hospitality. There are various other homestays in Wayanad that you can check out here.
Can we do a Wayanad tour in two days?
It depends on your interest and how you want to see of the beautiful place and what Waynad packages you have chosen. In two days you can only visit the main areas but just for sightseeing, you cannot opt for any adventure programs if you have two days in your hands. So in order to get plenty of Wayanad two days are not sufficient.
How far is Ooty from Wayanad? How many days are needed to cover both these destinations?
Ooty is just 3 hours and 22 min away from Wayanad as it is at a distance of 108.8 kms. If you want to cover both Wayanad and Ooty on a single trip to south it will take you minimum 7 days to stay in both the places.
Can we go for cycling tour of Wayanad? How much will be the cost?
Yes one can easily go on a bike tour around Wayanad without any danger. Exploring Wayanad on a bike is pretty tiring but will make an amazing experience.
The cost is not that much as you have to just hire a bike according to your preference and pay for the time you are going to have it. However a cycling tour with a group could cost you about INR 1000.
How is Wayanad as a family holiday destination?
Wayanad is the best place for a vacation with your family as it not only takes you a little closer to nature but also gives you a large list of activities, places and adventures to see and be a part of. If you are there with your family then it will be the best time for them.