Popular Thailand Packages
Thailand Tour Packages
|7 Days / 6 Nights||₹ 35500.0|
|6 Days / 5 Nights||₹ 28990.0|
|5 Days / 4 Nights||₹ 17990.0|
|8 Days / 7 Nights||₹ 43990.0|
|9 Days / 8 Nights||₹ 59000.0|
About Thailand TripAre you oscillating to find your ideal Thailand Tour Package? Well, you are in the right place as Thrillophila brings you the best Thailand packages to make your Thailand vacations worth the last penny. Not just a round trip to Thailand, we cater to help you weave memories while you are indulged in the quest to explore what lays beyond mere sightseeing. A melting pot of cultures, Thailand Vacation Packages include an abundance of attractions and enthralling things to do. Let the adrenaline surge through your veins with the exciting activities to participate like paramotoring, bungee jumping, mountain climbing, and ziplining, that challenge the inner adventurer.
In case you are a water enthusiast, Thailand is just your go-to place as you can engage in top-rated water activities including snorkeling, scuba diving, and rafting to quench your water thrill thirst. You can also avail other Thailand Travel Packages if you wish to spend a quieter and calmer vacation amidst the flora and fauna, enjoy watching the elephants, spend a day at the zoo and the aquarium or sunbathe on the white sands while you munch lip-smacking seafood to delight your taste buds. The authentic street food of Thailand and the luxurious hotels serving appetizing delicacies, this place is indeed a foodie’s abode.
If you’re thinking that this trip would cost you, then you can also avail of our Cheap Thailand Packages which cover all the major activities and attractions at pocket-friendly prices. You can also avail of our Cheap Thailand Tour Packages with airfare and shed the stress of planning your travel completely to us. Keeping in mind that this stunning site is counted among the top honeymoon destinations, we also bring forth exclusive Thailand Honeymoon Packages for couples ensuring that they create unforgettable memories to cherish all life. Do you need more reasons to proceed with your Thailand trip? We hope not!
Places to Visit on Thailand Trip:1. Sanctuary of Truth: Popularly known as Prasat Sut Ja Tum, Sanctuary of Truth is an iconic structure standing as an epitome of the rich Thai architecture and mythology. The building comprises an incomplete temple which is made up of teak wood. The walls of the building depict intricate wooden carvings which are truly one of its kind. If you are looking for some historical landmarks to explore on your Thailand tour packages, Sanctuary of Truth is a must-visit spot for you.
Location: 206/2 Pattaya-Nakula, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri, Thailand.
Timings: 8:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Checkout Best Offers on: Sanctuary of Truth Pattaya Tickets
2. Simon Cabaret Show: Looking for an offbeat experience in Thailand? Grab a ticket for the musical Simon Cabaret Show and spend your evening surrounded by ladyboys dressed in vibrant costumes. With an excellent sound system, expert performers, and enchanting lights, this theatrical show will fetch you once in a lifetime kind of experience.
Location: Patong Beach, Phuket.
Timings: 6:00 PM-10:30 PM.
Click To Book: Simon Cabaret Show Tickets
3. Coral Island: Are you thinking to include a romantic destination in your Thailand tour packages to spend some quality time with your special one? Embark on a trip to the captivating Coral Island and unwind on its picturesque beaches soaking in the awe-inspiring sunset views. Situated just 3 Km away from Phuket, this surreal island encompasses two prominent beaches including Banana Beach and Long beach. You can either add a dash of adventure into your Thailand tour by snorkeling on the Banana beach or just explore the bewitching coral reefs around.
Location: Phuket, Thailand.
Checkout and Book: Coral Island Tour from Pattaya
4. Madame Tussauds: One can’t bid goodbye to Thailand without paying a visit to this iconic museum which has beautifully preserved the wax statues of famous celebrities from all across the globe. From sports celebrities to film actors, and painters, one can find a startling variety in the statues over here. While here, you can take some selfies with your favourite actor or wear their costumes to create an original scene.
Location: Rama 1, 6th Floor, Siam Discovery Shopping Center, Bangkok.
Timings: Monday-Sunday: 10:00 AM-8:00 PM.
Price: INR 1400.
Best Offer on: Madame Tussauds Tickets
5. Sriracha Tiger Zoo: Reckoned as the greatest Tiger zoo in the world, Sriracha zoo welcomes you to the magical world of animals where you will get to spend some memorable time with around 200 tigers and 10,000 crocodiles. Visit the zoo along with your kids and get them clicked with cute tiger cubs and camels. Meanwhile, you can also unwind in its scenic surroundings and get recharged for the remaining journey.
Location: Sriracha District, Pattaya, Thailand.
Timings: 8:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Click Here To Book: Sriracha Tiger Zoo Tickets
6. Pororo Water Park:
If the underwater world has always thrilled you, make your way to the Pororo Water Park and spend a fun-filled day swinging on its enthralling slides. One of the prime attractions of this place is its Tong Tong Magic Slide which has two landing pools. If you are up for a tube float ride, Pororo Funnel is an ideal pick for you. For all those visitors who are accompanied by their kids, Pipi’s Pool, Eddy’s Invention Pool, and Pop’s Pool are some other must-try areas.
Location: Bagna-Trat Road, Central Plaza Bangna, Samut Prakan, Thailand.
Timings: Weekdays: 10:30 AM-7:00 PM, Weekend: 10:00 AM-7:00 PM.
Checkout for Best Offers: Pororo Water Park Tickets
7. KidZania: Surprise your kids with a visit to this innovative spot where your little ones can indulge in a plethora of role plays and embrace the concept of fun learning. Kidzania is one such place where kids not only learn educational facts in a quicker way through gamification but they also get an opportunity to have a better insight into their dream jobs. So, let your kid slay in the costume of his dream role and make this Thailand tour packages all the more interesting for him.
Location: Siam Paragon, Rama Road, Thailand.
Timings: Weekdays: 10:00 AM-5:00 PM & Weekend: 10:30 AM-8:30 PM.
Click Here To Book Now: KidZania Bangkok Tickets
8. Crocodile Farm And Elephant Show: Have you ever seen an elephant playing football or a crocodile indulged in a fist battle with humans? If not, throng to this offbeat destination where you will be welcomed by around 10,000 crocodiles and 30 species of elephants ready to amuse everyone with their peculiar acts. Once here, you can educate yourself about the rich habitat of elephants by attending the elephant show or enjoy the old-age show of “Yutha Hathi” where the park performers will enact a popular battle scene from ancient history.
Location: Samphran Elephant Park & Crocodile Farm, Nakhon, Pathom Province, Thailand.
Timings: 8:30 AM-5:30 PM.
Checkout and Book: Crocodile Farm And Elephant Show Tickets
9. Pattaya Dolphin World: Are you exploring the best Thailand holiday packages for a quick getaway with your family and kids? If yes, then don’t forget to include Pattaya Dolphin World into your sightseeing list. A beautiful destination sheltering the most affable underwater creatures. Dolphin World offers you a chance to spend a day with pink dolphins which will fascinate you with their playfulness and friendly acts. Moreover, the place also forms an ideal spot to indulge in numerous adventure activities such as ATV riding, gun shooting, and rock climbing.
Location: Muang Pattaya, Chang Wat, Chon Buri, Thailand.
Timings: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Best Offers on: Pattaya Dolphin World Tickets
10. Krabi Rainforest And Tiger Cave Temple:
Serving as an ideal getaway destination for nature enthusiasts, Krabi Rainforest And Tiger Cave Temple let you experience the serenity of nature away from the hustle and bustle of the city. On your visit to this magnificent temple, admire its ethereal settings, take a dip into the green waters of the Emerald Pool, and set out on a wildlife expedition at the Khao Nor Chu Chi National Park. If you are a photography fanatic, capture the intricate architecture of the temple which is complete with tiger paw prints.
Location: Krabi Noi, Mueang Krabi, Krabi, Thailand.
Timings: 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Checkout for Best Offers: Krabi Rainforest Tour With Tiger Cave Temple
11. Phuket Bird Park: If bird watching has always intrigued you, include this lush green bird park in your Thailand tour packages and spend some peaceful time tuned to the melodious chirping of birds. The park houses around 100 species of birds from different continents including Asia, Africa, and South America. From red-billed magpies to white turkeys and Siamese pheasants, there is a huge variety of species that you will get to admire at this picturesque destination. The hilly backdrops and verdant surroundings of the park enhance its charm all the more. If you want to witness the intelligence of these vibrant creatures, don’t miss out on the bird shows which are organized thrice every day.
Location: 32/9 Moo 9, Fah Tawan Tok Road, Chalong, Mueang Phuket District, Thailand.
Timings: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Click Here To Book Now: Phuket Bird Park Tickets
Things to Do on Thailand Trip
1. Enjoy Skydiving in Phuket: Are you an adrenaline junkie looking to indulge in some challenging adventures before flying back home from your Thailand tour? Look no further and take your adventure to the next level by trying out the enthralling sport of skydiving in Phuket. The experience of flying in the sky above the picturesque landscapes of Phuket is certainly one of its kind. If you are a first timer, you can opt for tandem skydiving in which you will be guided by a qualified instructor throughout your journey.
Price: INR 24500.
Read More: Activities To Do in Phuket
2. Explore the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market: If you want to take some souvenirs back home from your Thailand tour, don’t forget to head on a shopping spree to its Damnoen Saduak Floating Market. Though this market boasts a vast variety of Thai goods including fancy trinkets and jewelry, it is mainly popular for its scrumptious Thai food. The food here is being prepared by expert cooks who will serve you the best-in-class cuisines directly from the floating boats. Isn’t is exciting!
Location: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, Thailand.
Price: INR 1800.
Check This Out: Floating Markets In Thailand
3. Visit the Safari World Zoo: Nestled in Khlong Sam Wa, Safari World Zoo is an entertainment spot sprawled over an area of 170 acres. The zoological park is subdivided into two parts including Safari Park and Marine Park. While the Safari Park is home to a diverse species of animals including deer, zebras, and lions, the Marine Park is known to host numerous dolphin shows. If you are looking for ways to chill out with your family and kids, a visit to this park is all that you need.
Location: Thanon Panya Intra, Khet Khlong Sam Wa, Thailand.
Price: INR 1200.
Timings: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Click Here To Book: Safari World Zoo Tickets
4. Delve deeper into the Underwater Life at Ocean World: For all those adventure enthusiasts who can’t get enough of the underwater excursions, a visit to the Ocean World is totally unavoidable. Reckoned as one of the largest aquariums in Southeast Asia, Ocean World houses around 30,000 aquatic species which woo the visitors with their unique structures and vibrant colors. The entire park is subdivided into seven major zones where you can witness a plethora of sea animals including starfish, jellyfish, and garden eel. If you are curious to explore the rich habitat of these beautiful creatures, dive deeper and get a chance to swim along with the sharks.
Location: Basement floor, Siam Paragon Mall, Siam.
Price: INR 1499.
Timings: 10:00 AM-9:00 PM.
5. Spend a relaxing day at Elephant Jungle Sanctuary: Cradled amidst the verdant jungles and mesmerizing beaches of Thailand, Elephant Jungle Sanctuary forms an ideal excursion for all those adventure buffs who wish to spend some time with these giant and lovely creatures. Whether you want to swim along with baby elephants or capture the lively habitat of this place on your camera, the park has something for everyone. In addition to all the fun, you can also donate some money to be used for the well-being of these beautiful creatures.
Location: Phuket, Near Maithon Beach.
Price: INR 4810.
Timings: 9:00 AM-6:00 PM.
Click Here To Book: Elephant Jungle Sanctuary Tickets
6. Admire the nature’s beauty at Nong Nooch Tropical Garden: Styled like a typical European Renaissance Garden, Nong Nooch Tropical Garden lures the visitors with its wide array of plant species. From succulent gardens, cactus garden, and topiary plantations to orchids nurseries, the garden has a lot to offer. If you want to explore the entire area around, get a rental bicycle and leave for a scenic tour with your partner. The Thai Cultural Hall situated within the garden hosts several Muay Thai performances and cultural shows which will keep you engaged for hours.
Location: Tambon Na Chom Thian, Amphoe Sattahip, Thailand.
Price: INR 800.
Timings: 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
7. Get a soothing Thai massage: After exploring the massive beaches of Thailand, you might feel worn out and fatigued. To restore your energy for newer experiences, Thailand beaches house several spa centers where you can treat yourself with a soothing Thai massage. The massage services over here are provided by trained experts who leave no stone unturned in ensuring your comfort and relaxation. With their authentic services and trained staff members, Thai spa centers have gained worldwide recognition. If you want your getaway to be a relaxing experience, don’t forget to include a Thai spa visit in your Thailand tour package.
Location: Bangkok, Thailand.
Best Time For Thailand Tour:Winter season (November to February): The cool and dry season transforms the landscape into a bouquet of lush green surroundings. The weather is most pleasant during this season with little instances of rainfall. Exploring the city and its many outdoor activities can be done in the best way during this time. Christmas and New Year celebrations are in full swing at this time so it will be good to make your bookings of Thailand Tour Packages in advance.
Summer season (March to May): The extremely hot and dry weather can make things difficult for you. Although some cool breeze is expected near coastal regions, you will need light and loose-fitting clothes to brave this season. Northern Thailand and the Gulf regions are best travelled during this time. The nights are usually cool and the Water Festival during these months is something to look forward to.
Monsoon season (June to October): The hot and humid climate invites rains and sunrays in abundance. Tourism is generally low during this time but good for those who wish to save on travel costs. Shutting down of boat services and islands is common owing to floods and storms.
People Also Ask About Thailand Tours
Which are the best water sports to do on a Thailand tour?
1. Scuba Diving: Perhaps the most popular water sports activity that you can relish during the Thailand Trip package is scuba diving. Diving under the water, you will get a chance to swim across with whale sharks, manta rays and leopard sharks. The crystal clear waters look enchanting from above and more so when you are under it. For miles and miles around, you will find yourself surrounded by blooming coral reefs. You can even take classes from a guide to learn how to dive across the east coast and west coast.
Location: Koh Tao and Phuket
Price: Starting at 3000 Baht
Click Here To Book: Scuba Diving In Phuket
Scuba Diving In Pattaya
2. Banana Boating: For those who do not want to indulge in extreme sports, on their Thailand Packages, the city’s water still holds immense fun for them. Banana boating is the perfect adventure for you in case you want to set out for some water fun in Thailand. What’s great is that you can have proper fun with your family while you are here and indulge in the sport and the ideal time to do so is between September to April.
Location: Pattaya and Phuket
Price: Starting at 700 Baht
3. Jet Skiing: On your Thailand holiday package, if there is one water sport that will bring you the complete feels of excitement and adventure, it is Jet skiing. While there is no need to undergo any swimming training to perform the sport, it helps if you have a zest for high-grade adventure to undergo skiing. With the vast sea out in the open, you can ride a bike on the waters to experience what true thrill feels like. Jet skiing is highly popular in many parts of Thailand, which is why you will have no problem finding a guide to teach you how to ride a bike as well.
Location: Pattaya and Phuket
Price: 700 Baht for 30 minutes
4. Wakeboarding: Among the fastest growing water sport activities that people usually plan to undertake on their Thailand TRIP package, Wakeboarding involves grabbing a cable tied to a speedboat and mounting a board to zoom behind the boat. While this is a beginner friendly sports activity, it is also a favourite with professionals. There are many popular places in and around Thailand where you can come across people enjoying the activity and what’s absolutely great is that you can enjoy the activity all-round the year.
Location: Thai Wake Park, Lake Taco, Koh Phangan
Price: 300 Baht for 2 hours
5. Sailing: Ideal for enjoying all year round, sailing is meant to be enjoyed at a time when you want to relax and spend some calming time. You will find yourself on a wonderful yacht, sailing on the tepid blue waters of Thailand, making explorations as you go. With plenty of places to enjoy the activity in the country, sailing has become a near mandatory inclusion in Thailand Packages. You can even take an entire course in sailing or simply spend a day enjoying the serene environment around you.
Location: Phang Nga Bay, Koh Phi Phi and Similan Islands
Price: Starting at 2500 Baht
6. Kite Surfing: The most ideal time to experience kite surfing in Thailand is during the months of November to April. Increasingly becoming popular, it is a must-try adventure sport in your Thailand Packages. Some may find it very similar to wakeboarding as well. During the activity, you will find yourself zipping around the water, guided by a controlled kite. There are many schools here which offer lessons in kite surfing, which can be completed in less than 3 days.
Location: Phuket, Koh Samui and Hua Hin beach
Price: Starting at 1100 Baht
7. Snorkelling: It is ideal to include snorkelling in your Thailand holiday package so that you can witness the astounding beauty of underwater life. Surrounded by crystal clear water and colourful coral reefs, you will find yourself swimming between a myriad of fishes and some very unique species of aquatic animals. The enticing underwater spectacle that you witness will leave you spellbound and craving to stay there. The rainy season might not be the best time to go snorkelling but the package deals are cheapest at this time.
Location: Similan, Surin Islands, Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Pha-Ngnan
Price: Starting at 2600 Baht
Click Here To Book: Snorkelling In Pattaya
Snorkelling In Phuket
8. Kayaking: If you have embarked upon a Thailand TRIP package to explore the natural beauty of the country, then kayaking is one sports activity that will bring you the complete feels of the surrounding environs. Anyone from young folks to the elderly can enjoy this activity where you will get a guide to paddle the kayak if you don’t want to do it yourself. From limestone cliffs to lagoons and sea caves, a kayak will take you around breathtaking sites that you can explore all around the year.
Location: Koh Panek and James Bond Island
Price: Starting at 800 Baht
Checkout For Best Offers: Kayaking In Phuket
9. White Water Rafting: White water rafting is one of the most adventurous ways to enjoy your Thailand holiday package. It is among the top-rated water sports activities that one can enjoy on rubber rafts, inflated to carry a group of few people. The majestic waterfalls and deep blue waters are only a few sights that you will see while rafting through the canyons and jungles. The adventure will bring you to face the scenic beauty of Thailand, leaving you cherishing fond memories.
Location: Chiang Mai in the Mae Taeng River
Price: Starting at 1200 Baht
Click Here To Book: White Water Rafting In Krabi
10. Parasailing: Another popular activity that you can explore during Thailand Packages is parasailing, where you will find yourself paragliding but on the water. Ride up high in the air and enjoy the mystic views of the surroundings in this high-grade and action packed adventure. While you plunge into the sea, relish the experience and scenic views of the surrounding region that comes at a very slight cost.
Price: Starting at 600 Baht for a few hours
What are the romantic things to do in Thailand?1. Explore the beautiful beaches of Phuket: Walk hand in hand with your partner on the crystal clear beaches of Phuket, soak in the views of its magnificent coastline or laze around the shacks admiring the ethereal views of sunsets. If you are seeking some privacy, head for a private cruise tour and treat your eyes with the enchanting vistas of the entire city.
2. Enjoy a beach party at Koh Samui: If you are on a look out for some exotic honeymoon spots, plan your journey to the magnificent beach of Koh Samui and make the most of your romantic getaway. The beach is known to host some of the best full-moon parties where you can bond with your partner over a musical dance. If you have some extra time in hand, head to the Namuang Waterfalls to treasure some precious moments with your better half away from the bustling streets of the city.
3. Relish romantic stay at the beach resorts: Thailand is home to several beach resorts where you can vouch for a fun-filled vacation with your partner amidst nature's glory. These resorts not only serve you with an opportunity to de-stress away from the madding crowd but they also provide its visitors with ample opportunities to indulge in exciting water sports. If you further wish to add some cherishable moments to this romantic voyage, embark on a nearby island hopping tour and register an indelible memory into your honeymoon diaries.
4. Explore the old city of Sukhothai together: One of the most sought-after inclusions in Thailand holiday packages, Sukhothai city woos love birds with its old world charm and romantic cruises. On your visit to this destination, walk hand in hand with your partner through the ruins of the city, or leave for a cruise across the Yom River. If you are a history lover, you can give a beautiful end to your Thailand tour with a visit to its Si Satchanalai Historical Park.
Also Checkout: Floating Markets In Thailand
Which are the famous temples to visit in Thailand?1. Wat Arun: If you are searching for the best Thailand holiday packages, don’t forget to include this architectural marvel into your itinerary. Popularly known as the Temple of the Dawn, Wat Arun is a sacred spot in Bangkok that deserves a special mention in your travel diary. If you want to catch the aerial vistas of Bangkok city on a full moon night, look no further than this ethereal destination. The temple is nestled on the banks of Chao Phraya river and is majorly known for its exceptional night views.
2. White Temple: Looking to get some extraordinary experiences on your Thailand voyage? Make your way to this architectural masterpiece and witness a structure that is no lesser than a fairytale palace. Situated in the Chiang Rai province of Thailand.
White Temple stands out with its unique combination of art and Buddhist values. The structure comprises several exceptional design elements like The Bridge of the cycle of rebirth and the Gate of heaven, which make it a true masterpiece that it is.
3. Wat Benchamabophit: Regarded as one of the best Thai temples, Wat Ben is a sacred building that intrigues the visitors with its rich Buddhist history and an evident aesthetic appeal. The temple is made up of white marble that makes it look no lesser than a beautiful castle. Its architecture has a hint of both Thai and European style and the interior of the temple is complete with a meditation hall, ordination hall, drum hall, and monk’s quarters.
4. Wat Sri Suphan: Marking its unavoidable presence since the year 1500, Wat Sri Suphan temple holds the visitors captive with its intricate silver work. The temple is entirely covered in silver, right from the main Buddha statue and walls to the roofs and has some intricate carvings of Buddhist legends in its interiors.
As you will usher into this architectural wonder, be ready to be spellbound by its silver decoration and subtle use of mirrors and vibrant colors. If you have some queries to ask regarding the Buddhist culture, feel free to attend its monk chat session.
Recommended Read: Things To Do In Phuket
Which are the adventure activities in Thailand?1. White water rafting: For those with a penchant for water adventures, white water rafting might just be the highlight of the Thailand tour. Contrary to common knowledge, Thailand is actually home to several suitable locations for the sport- Pai, Chiang Mai and Northern Island being some of them. The rivers here contain rapids varying from Level 1 to 5, thus making it accessible for rafters across all levels of expertise.
2. Kiteboarding: Very little can ever compare to the thrill and rush of kiteboarding on a clear day. A fairly new sport, kiteboarding involves surfing on a paddle while harnessed to a kite above. Luckily, there are many places where one can try kiteboarding in Thailand. Koh Samui, Phuket and Pattaya are some of them.
3. Flight of the Gibbon Adventure: An absolutely irreplaceable part of any Thailand tour package for adventure lovers, the Flight of the Gibbon Adventure is a unique zip lining adventure in the rainforests of Khao Kheow. This 150 minute adventure is as good as ziplining can get- harnessed to sturdy fixtures, zipliners will get to whizz across treetops as gibbons do. There are several landing platforms along the way, where zipliners must embark and prepare for the next leap.
4. Mountain biking: Traversing through untrodden ways, the mountain bike trails in Thailand are an excellent way to explore the local beauty of the country. Enthusiastic bikers can head over to Chiang Mai for the experience, where the trails are challenging, fun, and offer excellent views of the lush forests here. However, one can try mountain biking at virtually every city in Thailand, even in the islands.
5. Scuba diving: One of the highlights of every Thailand tour, Scuba diving is an excellent way of exploring the marine life off the Thai coast. A stunning range of vibrant corals, phosphorescent fishes and big game rule the waters here. Krabi, Phuket, Pattaya, and Koh Samui are some of the best places for scuba diving in Thailand.
Recommended Read: Unexplored Places In Pattaya
How to reach Thailand?
By Air: One of the easiest ways to reach Thailand is by air. The Phuket International Airport and Bangkok International Airport are the two major international airports which offer convenient flights to and from all over the world. Most flights bound to Asia also travel to Thailand. Yet other international airports are also located at Krabi, Chiang Mai and Koh Samui, which are very well connected with incoming flights from South East region of Asia. Operating on a national level is Thai Airways and Bangkok Airways, which cater to Domestic traffic.
By Road: The easiest way to enter Thailand via road is through the six international border crossings which come through Cambodia. One of the busiest one’s out of the six is the Friendship bridge from Laos across the Mekong Delta. You can practically take a drive from Malaysia and Singapore in your own vehicle. The crossings between Malaysia and Thailand are Padang Besar and Sadao in Songkhla provincial area. It is best to start on your driving journey as early in the day as possible since you will have to pass the border regions, which consume a lot of time to check all formalities. It can take anywhere between half-hour to two hours to cross it.
By Waterways: You can take a ferry ride from nearby locations like Phuket and Malaysia during the months of November to May, which are considered to be the best for plying ferries between these locations. A number of cruises from Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia and Europe also make regular stops at Bangkok and Phuket. These rides are fairly economic and convenient for tourists who can also experience the fun of riding a ferry while availing transport between the two islands.
Do I need a visa for Thailand?
India is one of the countries, out of 18 others, which makes travellers eligible to avail a visa on arrival. In order to benefit from the same, the visa must strictly be made for tourism purposes, a period of 30 days must be remaining on the expiry of the passport, a verified address for accommodation in Thailand must be produced, a confirmed return ticket within 15 days of entry must be produced and an entry fee of 2000 Thai Baht must be paid in cash at the time of availing visa. For those who are not eligible to get a visa on arrival, the Royal Thai Embassy can be approached to get the same.
What is the currency of Thailand and where can I get my money exchanged?
The Currency prevalent in Thailand is the Thai Baht. As a tourist, it might be convenient for you to get your currency exchanged at the right place so that you can retain as much value of your money after the exchange, as possible. It is recommended that you should never get your currency exchanged at your home country, which might prove to be quite expensive.
Even in the neighbouring countries around Thailand, you might lose 5 – 10% of the value of your money through conversion. It is always better to use credit cards, traveller’s cheque, banks, ATMs online transfers and exchange office kiosks in Thailand to get your money exchanged.
What is the best public transport to commute around Thailand?
Taxi: Traditional taxis can be hired safely since most of them are metered but during peak times and issues in communication, you may want to pick an UBER, Grab Taxi, All Thai Taxi and Easy Taxi, all of which are app - based taxi hire platforms.
City bus: Bangkok happens to have a large network of city bus rides which you can board at a bus stop and pay for, when you find a seat or disembark.
Motorcycle taxi: For short distances, you can hire a motorcycle taxi, which can be found at most city intersections. Take care to establish the price of the ride beforehand.
Rail system: Bangkok is the only place in Thailand with above ground and underground light rail transport systems so you can pick them if it suits your convenience.
Recommended Read: Best Places To Visit In Thailand In December
What is the local language in Thailand and which are the most commonly used greetings?
Commonly, almost 94% of the population in Thailand speaks the Daic languages, prominent among which is Thai. You will barely find people speaking Austro – Asiatic languages or Tibeto – Burman language. Here are a few common greetings in the Thai language:
- Thank you: Khop Khun
- Hello: Sawasdee
- How are you: Sabai See
- Delicious food: Aroy
- Goodnight: Ratriswat and Fun dee
Thai Wai is a common greeting in Thailand which is said with a bow and pressed hands. It is common for women to add the word ‘kha’ at the end of a greeting but men should not use it.
Which floating markets are famous in Thailand?
1. Damnoen Saduak Floating market: This market can be reached easily via Bangkok. It happens to be one of the most popular floating markets in Thailand. With many stalls and eateries, you will find a variety of sellers on small boats, some of them even cooking food on their boat to sell it to the travellers. Get here early to get the best scenic views.
2. Khlong Lat Mayom floating market: Located in Central Bangkok, you might not find a lot of vendors making a bid here but what you will find here is an experience that is unbeatable. Colourful and fresh produce with cooked meals make a pleasant display. Don’t come with a filled stomach here because you will surely want to try out these dishes.
3. Amphawa floating market: This market is a must-visit during the evening hours. Along with a healthy collection of shopping avenues and souvenirs, you can have a pleasant dinner with a great view.
4. Ayutthaya floating market: This market has been built exclusively with the aim to attract tourists. You will find attractive wooden shops here with cafes and restaurants.
Check This Out: Waterfalls Near Bangkok
What are the dos and don’ts for Thailand visit?
As goes well in the tourism industry, the saying is quite true that being a tourist gives you a passport to come and travel to a different country but not to disturb the culture and traditions of that place. Here are a few things that you should take care of while travelling in Thailand.
- Make sure that you are dressed decently, especially when you visit temples and royal locations.
- At many places, you will need to remove your footwear before entering a place. This is because feet are considered dirty in Thailand.
- Keep patience and do not lash out at anyone unnecessarily.
- Do not point at something while gesturing towards it.
- Do not put your feet at any place which is not meant for them.
- Do not wear revealing clothing while travelling in Thailand. Not only is this better for your skin but also decent as per the customs.
- Do not touch anyone’s head, even if it is a child.
If possible, get yourself a handy book on how you should travel in Thailand.
How is the nightlife in Thailand? Which places are must visit to experience best of Thailand nightlife?
1. Simon Cabaret Show, Phuket: It is an original and colourful display of culture and cabaret dance by experts. This show will add a glint of excitement to your evening with beats of music and sparkling colour.
Location: 8 Sirirat Rd, Tambon Patong, Amphoe Kathu, Chang Wat Phuket 83150, Thailand
Price: Thai Baht 1000 for one Vip ticket
Click Here To Book: Simon Cabaret Show Tickets
2. Night Biking in Bangkok: Ride the night in Bangkok on a cycle and get to view some of the most iconic places in the city after it falls dark. The crowd-free places, lit temples and historic centres will give you a different experience to view, than the day time.
Price: INR 3400
3. Bangkok Sky Dining Buffet; Get a soulful experience at tasting some of the most exclusive Thai dishes and get an unlimited view of the city, where you may find yourself indoors or on the balcony but with a refreshing experience either way.
Location: 222 Ratchaprarop Rd., Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400 Thailand
Price: INR 4000
4. Patong Boxing Stadium: The biggest Muay Thai ring in the south of Thailand is yours to witness where professional boxers come out to wrestle. Choose from VIP, Ringside or stadium seats to watch this match.
Location: 2 59 Sainamyen Rd, Tambon Patong, Amphoe Kathu, Chang Wat Phuket 83150, Thailand
Price: INR 3000
5. Pub Crawl, Phuket: Hop from one bar to another and see the city transform in front of you. You will be setting foot in some of the best bars and dance floors in the city, where people can be seen exploring the night scene of Phuket. From music to complimentary drinks, there is a lot that you can find here.
Price: INR 1500
6. Kaan Show, Pattaya: The show opens its doors to Thai mythology and culture in a never before seen avatar. You can choose from four different style of seats to watch this show that combines stunts and dance performances.
Location: 168, Thep Prasit Rd, Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20150, Thailand
Price: INR 1800 – INR 3600
Check This Out: Adventure Sports In Thailand
Where can we go for Elephant trekking in Thailand?
The best areas to go for elephant trekking in Thailand are Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai. Both of these places offer a rich and different experience for elephant trekking. Outside a small village in Raummit is the first location. It takes a 20 minute drive from Mae Kok river to get here or a 60 minute boat ride on it. According to the availability of time, you can take the short trek or the long trek. Another option is in Sob Rauk by the name of anantara resort, in the location of the golden triangle.
Which place is famous for Full Moon Party in Thailand?
The full moon party is the wildest beach party in Thailand, which is organised every month, attended by 10-30 thousand people. This party takes place on the island of Koh Phangan, which is so huge that it impacts the number of travellers that come to Thailand and Thailand tour packages.
Should I make a day trip to Phi Phi Island? What is special about that place?
Yes, you should take a day trip to Phi Phi Island because it is known as the paradise in Thailand. A special thing about the island is that it stands as an archipelago or group of six islands (Ko Phi Phi Don, Ko Yung, Ko Mai Phai, Ko Phi Phi Leh, Bida Nok and Bida Nai) itself.
Suggested Read: Places To Visit In Phuket In 2 Days
Which is better: Phuket or Maldives?Both Phuket and Maldives are popular beach destinations. Phuket is well-known for its thrilling water sports like scuba diving, sailing along with offering experiences like spa and sauna for a laid-back holiday.
Maldives is known for its atolls from where you can enjoy a splendid 5 star hotel stay. Whlle Maldives is more suited for a luxury trip as you get to stay in a water bungalow, Phuket is an ideal vacay to be enjoyed for a budget with more options. Maldives is more suited for honeymooners while Phuket is better for families and backpackers.