Camping near DharamshalaBrowse through a wide range of Dharamshala camping packages with exciting offers at Thrillophilia. Book the best camping packages in Dharamshala with exciting deals & offers to pamper you on your Dharamshala vacations.
Surround yourself with the most exquisite ambiance blessed by nature with camping in Dharamshala. Situated in the state of Himachal Pradesh, Dharamshala beckons the thrill-seekers to take home some of the most enchanting memories of camping in Dharamshala. Dharamshala is surrounded by the Dhauladhar Ranges and camping here is one of the most sought-after activities. While camping in Dharamshala, tourists can look forward to enjoying one of the best nights. There are various activities that involve entertainment, adventure, culture, and community service organized at these camps in Dharamshala.
A camping tour in Dharamshala takes the tourists on a rejuvenating journey with an amalgamation of world-class facilities in the simplest of places like forests. Camping in Dharamshala can be enjoyed by everyone whether you are looking for luxury or backpacking through this beautiful town. For the high-end camping experiences, there are amazing cottages that come equipped with modern amenities. If you are backpacking or wishing to undertake a trek from Dharamshala, then also camping offers a surreal experience on your trip. The experience is a treat for both the eyes and soul with the most glorious vistas of sunrise and sunset in the mesmerizing ambiance.
A few of the most famous camps in Dharamshala are Snow Monk Camp, Camp Chrysalid Dharamshala, Camp Lungta, Camp Indru Naag, etc. The average cost of a camping tour in Dharamshala ranges from INR 3500 to INR 5000. The package offers lunch, breakfast, dinner, and various amenities like a bonfire, night stay, nature walks, etc. For the adventure of aficionados, camping in Dharamshala offers a myriad of thrilling sports like trekking, rappelling, commando net, tree climb, paragliding, etc.
The activity in Dharamshala offers the most picturesque views of Kangra Valley and tourists here can look forward to appreciating the calmness and exquisiteness of nature. It is an ideal experience for families, friends and couples who are on a vacation to Dharamshala. The months from March to the middle of June and from the middle of September to the first half of October is considered the most favorable time to enjoy camping in Dharamshala.
The adventure of camping in Dharamshala can be undertaken under the supervision of expert guides. They accompany the tourists on the trip and take care of all the safety precautions. Camping in Dharamshala has also been hailed as a great way to enjoy sustainable tourism. Lately, the activity has been attracting a lot of tourists who seek an offbeat adventurous experience in the serene setting of Dharamshala.
Dharamshala is an idyllic hill station that is nestled in the majestic Himalayas and offers an exhilarating trip for all the adventure junkies. It serves as an ideal retreat from the hustle and bustle and helps one to find peace in the realm of nature. The landscape here is truly captivating and makes you wish the vacation never ends. Offering a serene respite from the summer heat and clamor of cities, camping in Dharamshala is an activity that you should definitely add to your bucket list.
People Also Ask About Camping in Dharamshala
Which are the best Dharamshala camping packages?Here are some of the best Dharamshala camping packages:
1. Camp Under The Sky In Dharamshala | Staycation @ Flat 20% Off
2. Nature Camping In Dharamshala Flat 15% Off
3. Breathtaking Camping Experience With Activities In Dharamshala @ Flat 22% Off
4. Camping Amidst Hills, Dharamshala Flat 20% Off
5. Luxury Camping With Adventure Activities In Dharamshala: Flat 36% Off
What are the best camping sites in Dharamshala?
Camping in Dharamshala is among the best outdoor activities. Here is a list of some of the best camping sites that you can checkout.
1. Effusion Camping Site: Located in Kangra, this is a luxury campsite that comes with a garden, private parking, Wi-Fi, spacious tents, kid-friendly area as well as CCTV surveillance for the guests safety. Moreover, this camp also offers delicious food among other services.
2. Kareri Adventure Camps: This camp is located in a tranquil and remote village of Kareri which is 20km from Dharamshala. A lakeside camp, you get to experience the best of nature and get splendid views of the Dhauladhar ranges. Moreover, the camp provides tents, adventure activities along with other facilities.
3. Camp Lungta: The most popular camping adventure in dharamshala, Camp Lungta blends camping and luxury. Located in the foothills of Dhauladhar Camps, you get to stay in Swiss-cottage tents that have a verandah and attached bathrooms. This camp also has plenty of other features and facilities available.
4. Camp Off-Road: A jungle camp, it is located a few kilometers from the Dalai Lama temple in Dharamshala. This unique camp offers a raw and true jungle experience while camping. Moreover, they also have facilities like private parking, meals, bonfires and much more.
5. MOUNTY 1095 Riverside Camping: A two days, one night stay along the river lets you engage with nature and spend time in peace. This riverside camp takes you across the most scenic parts of Dharamshala as well as other places. The camp includes meals, tent stays, sleeping-bags and other facilities.
What is the best time to visit Dharamshala?
The best time to visit Dharamshala is from February to June (spring-summer), or September-October (fall/post monsoon) as these months experience pleasant weather conditions and vibrant scenic landscapes.
Moreover, you can plan a trip during the winters from November till January, if you want to see a snowfall but the temperatures remain frigid around this time.
What are the best places to visit in Dharamshala?
Dharamsala is home to a plethora of monuments, religious sites, museums and natural attractions worth visiting. Here are a few of the best places to add to your travel itinerary.
1. Namgyal Monastery: The largest Tibetan Monastery in India, this place attracts many tourists with its traditional architecture, prayer-wheels and décor. This place is also home to over 200 monks.
2. Kangra Fort: An ancient fort dating back to the 4th-century BC, it is one of the oldest in India. Once under the Katoch Dynasty this fort is the largest in the Himalayas. Now, the ruins of the fort remain that offer spectacular views of the surroundings along with many narrating the story of this historic structure.
3. Bhagsunag Waterfalls: A prominent trekking destination, the falls cascade milky-white water from a height of 20 m. Surrounded by lush natural elements, the Bhagsunag temple is also in proximity. You can visit here, to spend a relaxing day, take a dip in the cool water or indulge in a trek.
4. Kareri Dal Lake: This picturesque lake is located at an elevation of 177m and is surrounded by snow-covered mountains and deodar trees. A preferred base-camp for trekkers, non - treekers too can visit here and enjoy boating and picnicking. The Kali-Shiva temple is also situated nearby.
5. Masroor Rock Cut Temple: There are 15 rock-cut monolithic temples from the 8th-century AD that are standing in Dharamshala. The Aryan style architecture with carvings of various tales of Indian epics ornate this archaic structure. Moreover, many history buffs, art enthusiasts and other tourists visit this significant attraction.
Is it safe for a solo female to camp in Dharamshala?
Yes. Camping in Dharamshala is safe for solo female travellers. This hill-station is quite popular among young and solo travelers, thus during your trip you can come across many other people visiting the campsite on their own. Moreover, the campsites in Dharamshala arrange proper safety measures like surveillance to maintain a secure environment.
Is Dharamshala worth for Camping?
Yes. Camping in Dharamshala is one of the top activities to do. This hill-station in Himachal Pradesh has many exquisite campsites that offer the best views of the mountain peaks, scenic natural environs and lush greenery. Moreover, a lot of the camping trips also have the option to go for a trek or club another activity in and around Dharamshala.