One of the largest city in United Arab Emirates, Dubai city is marked with biggest construction of the world, and changes its persona with new built ups almost every day. It is indeed a wonder to see, how deserted zone has grown up with plethora of huge bricks. The city has become a hub to not only undertake business but also caught the attention as a getaway for national as international travelers.
A shopping hub, honeymoon destination, leisure place, entertainment hub, nightlife to remember; what else you want to call this city when you have multiple names to tag it. Home to Burj Khalifa, Palm islands, history and calm sand dunes, Dubai city calls all the tourists from far away lands to as to taste the culture and savor the life differently.
‘Mashallah’ is quite common to hear when people are seeking major attractions in here. Go for Jumeirah beach park to enjoy some beach time or Burj Khalifa to taste the heights in a luxury. Why to stay back in hotel when wonderland family park waits for you with the whole family, not to be missed places like Dubai fountain, Dubai Marina, Deira clocktower, Burj al Arab, and much more.
Once done with them, hop on to the desert zone that are famous for desert safari, be it in 4x4 or camel safari. Let the cars go swish away in the city outskirts and spend a hip hop time on dunes, while enjoying the cultural show at the stopover, relishing barbecued snacks and sipping the drinks off. These dunes do not let you get bored with bland state but let you feel the adventure closely with sand boards, quad bikes and dune buggies.
Studded with lively nightclubs, bars and late night eateries in Dubai, the city have options like Toro Toro, Barsati bar, Gaucho, hard rock cafe, Kasbar and many many more that you may end up, infact, leaving some of them. The most amazing part for some of them is their presence close to beach side and facing towards it, giving a tropical feel.
Face the culture straightaway from the corner of the eye as you visit Dubai museum, World trade centre, Hatta heritage village and Madinat Jumeirah. Romance lies in air of Dubai and one can feel alive with their love when dining together in the sky. Take a cruise away in the sea water and enjoy the delicacies with whole heart. Dubai creek is famous for some fascinating time among modern skyscrapers, traditional as well as historic sites and appealing man-made islands.
Some more of sightseeing attractions of Dubai city combines have names of Al Safa park, most loved within sports enthusiasts where people can just come and enjoy soccer, volleyball, tennis and most loved sports within them.
Winters bring a new grace to the city not just with calm weather and little respite from heat but also with culture blast. Camel race track which opens every Friday and Thursday, one can visit here for races as well as for paddocks. Buy rugs, blankets, souvenir and grab all the things that catch your eye.
If adventure tingles your buds more and more, go for scuba diving, banana boat ride, parasailing and more with advance guidance by expert trainees. Or calm yourself with fishing in Dubai sea. Do not miss visiting Dubai dolphinarium, hot air balloon visit, underwater zoo for a mesmerizing time in Dubai city.
Shopaholic? Gold digger? Well, Dubai city is just right for you. Gold Souk is your first place to catch as you can find all style of jewellery with pure and finished way. Dubai mall, Mercato, Mall of Emirates, Burjuman centre, Gold and diamond park are some shopping places in Dubai that every shopping lover must visit. Shop as many clothes as you wish as the city has famous street clothes as well as highest brands, you just name one!
What is Dubai city famous for in terms of eateries? Shawarma is the first thing you must try as the plane lands! Apart from that, international and national cuisines are all part of your meal as you may ask them. From continental to Indian, Lebanese to Thai, you have it all with your next order.
Dubai city is though far away from the vegetative lands yet it is a blend of everything you may ask for. Not missed by adventure or by peaceful aura, the places to visit and things to do in Dubai combine them all. Be here the very next time you are having vacation and click the cam pictures to take back home, making memories for life.
One of the largest city in United Arab Emirates, Dubai city is marked with biggest construction of the world, and changes its persona with new built ups almost every day. It is indeed a wonder to see, how deserted zone has grown up with plethora of huge bricks. The city has become a hub to not only undertake business but also caught the attention as a getaway for national as international travelers.
People Also Ask About Dubai
Any travel tips before visiting Dubai?
- One should try to dress a little modestly when they are travelling to Dubai. It is preferable to keep your knees and shoulders covered since it's a traditional country.
- Since the climate there is quite hot, cotton and light clothes should be preferred.
- One must take the basic precautions while carrying the important documents like passport and ID cards and keep them safely in a hotel locker.
- One must follow basic etiquette when travelling in Dubai whether it is shaking hands, taking off footwear before going to the mosque, etc.
- Keep in mind only to carry a limited amount of tobacco and alcohol while travelling to Dubai International Airport.
Must Read: Dubai Travel Guide
What will you like in Dubai?The most fascinating skylines in the worldOk, so it is better to state the obvious early. There is a myriad of skyscrapers in Dubai. Whether, you are down at the Marina or at the Downtown around the Burj Khalifa, Dubai indeed has 4 to 5 of the tallest residential buildings of the world.
Unison of different culturesDubai is a multi cultural melting point. Here, you can see people from more than 200 different nationalities. Moreover, 90% of the population of Dubai comes from outside the country. It is thus one of the most prominent cosmopolitan cities of the world when compared to London or New York that have remained inhabited for hundreds of years. The diversity here is appalling.
Typical heaven for foodiesGiven the vast population of Dubai, there is a spectacular range of food styles found in the city. Here in the city, you can locate hundreds of Chinese, Japanese, Arab, Persian, Indian, British, Pakistani, French, American and Filipino restaurants. On the whole, there is something for everyone. What’s best is that, whichever month you visit, there must be one or the other food festival happening here.
Sun, Sea and SandAnother likeable thing about Dubai is sun, sea and sand. This is definitely the major drawcard for the tourists who come to spend their holidays here. Dubai experiences sunshine on 300 days every year and has a sprawling coast line of 1,000 km. You can also enjoy several water sports in Dubai.
Things happen fastIt isn’t a forgotten story when Dubai was just a lax black water which was home to the pearl divers and the fishermen. It is only in the 90s that the government began focusing on business and tourism and since then the pace has never been off. You can see several new infrastructure and properties pop here overnight.
Art and Design Capital of Middle EastRight from the slick art galleries to the gritty Alserkal Avenue art district, Dubai indeed has a pretty diverse scene in art. Art Galleries and design museums are the key places to see in Dubai.
The Palm IslandBuilt between the period of 2001 to 2006, the Palm Jumeirah is presently the number one artificial island of the world. It is also a home to the million dollar mega mansions, island resorts, luxury 5 star stays and the most celebrated, Atlantis The Palm.
Nightlife Scene of DubaiWith several miles of stunning beach fronts, there is no shortage of willing party goers in Dubai. Dubai definitely has a myriad of slick bars housing some of the best DJs on the international circuit who can entertain you all night long. Some of the biggest night clubs brand here are Blue Marlin Ibiza, Mahiki and Pacha.
Skiing in the desertDubai does have a ski slope in the desert. So, adventure enthusiasts have a fun activities to do in Dubai deserts. There is an 85m high, 5 slope indoor ski resort that spans over an area of 22,500 square meter. It is also the number one 400 metre long indoor black run in the world.
ShoppingOne of the main reasons to visit Dubai is shopping. Shopping in Dubai is simply superior to the other destinations of the world. In Souk Madinat, you have waterways that can transport you from one store to the next.
Also Check: 20 Best Things to Do in Dubai in Summer
How do I reach Dubai?One of the best ways to reach Dubai is via air as it is connected by flights to more than 200 destinations across the world. Dubai International airport has accessibility to multiple airlines. Almost all the major cities in India are connected to Dubai with direct flights.
Another way to reach Dubai is land at Sharjah International Airport and then take a taxi or bus and travel by road to reach Dubai. One can also takes the Emirates Express bus which connects Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
What is the best time to visit Dubai?
Summer Season (June - August) - The summer season is known for temperatures hitting 50 degrees Celsius with scorching heat and humidity in the air. Therefore, it is not a great time to visit Dubai as one cannot indulge in outdoor activities like sightseeing and exploring the beaches. Also, since it is the time Ramadan is observed, one may have difficulty in finding cafes and restaurants.
Shoulder Season (April - May, Sept - October) - This is the shoulder season between summers and winters in Dubai. Although it is hot in Dubai, the temperature ranges around 28 degrees Celsius which makes it an ideal time to enjoy swimming and other beach activities. It's also a great time for budget vacationers who can enjoy good deals and discounts on hotels this time.
Peak Season (November - March) - This is one of the best times to visit Dubai as the temperature hovers between 17 degrees to 30 degree Celsius. This is a splendid time to explore the beaches and spend your time in numerous outdoor activities. However, it’s the peak season in Dubai with everyone flocking to this city at its best, one may find difficulty in booking hotels for their vacation.
What currency is used in Dubai?The currency used in Dubai is the UAE Dirham which is represented as Dhs or AED. US $ 1 is equal to 3.675 Dhs. The notes in Dirhams are of different values like 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000. The 200 note and the 1000 note look similar so that be very careful while you use them. The notes of Dhs 100 can be taken while you travel around and explore and some lower values as well if you would like to do shopping. The coins available are the silver Dhs 1. 50 fils and 25 fils.
Also, major international credit and debit cards can also be used in large shops and hotels. You can make use of the bank services which will be available on all working days from Saturday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 01:00 pm. There are a lot of currency exchange centres placed in malls and souks.
What are the best ways to travel in and around Dubai?Dubai offers an incredible experience when you are travelling in and around the city. After reaching Dubai one can choose roadways to go from one place to another. One can either book a limousine to have a luxurious experience. Otherwise there are buses as well to help you explore the city. Dubai has good road connectivity even to different places like Abu Dhabi, Ajman and Masafi through buses operated by Road Transport Authority of Dubai.
Is a visa required for Dubai?Yes, you need a visa to visit Dubai. Apart from the citizens of Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Monaco, New Zealand, People's Republic of China, Russian Federation, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City, other countries’ citizens require a visa to visit UAE. In total, citizens from 48 countries apart from GCC nations can get a Visa on arrival and it cannot be renewed after 90 days of your stay.
Getting a Visa is depending on several factors like the nationality, the purpose of your visit and the duration of your stay. To get a pre-arranged visa, you can apply through online on Emirates.com. If you have a relative or family member living in UAE, they can apply for visas on your behalf and but it is mandatory that they should be the residents of the UAE.
Also Checkout: Best Dubai Honeymoon Packages
How long does it take to get a visa to Dubai? How much does it cost for a tourist visa to Dubai?Based on the type of visa you are applying for, the duration to get it processed will be varying. Normal Visa will take around 3 to 4 working days to reach you while Express Visa will be processed in 1 to 2 working days but there is an extra charge than Normal Visa to be paid. You will get the Urgent Visa in 24 hours but it has comparatively more charges than the other two visas.
The cost of a tourist visa to Dubai from India depends on the agency you will be applying through. The basic prices currently the agencies are following are as given below: Tourist Visa starting from INR 5290 Express Tourist Visa starting from INR 7440
Is there visa on arrival in Dubai?The nationals of the following countries will get a visa on arrival in Dubai. Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Monaco, New Zealand, People's Republic of China, Russian Federation, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City are the major countries which do not need a pre-arranged vis to come to Dubai. In total, citizens from 48 countries apart from GCC nations can get a Visa on arrival and it cannot be renewed after 90 days of your stay.
Do you need a visa for connecting flights in UAE?If your connecting flight is within 8 hours from your arrival at the airport, you need not have a visa but if the flight takes more than 8 hours, the authorities may ask you for a UAE visa. But there are around 48 countries which would not need a pre-arranged visa. For the nationals from these countries can get a visa on arrival at the airport. But Indians should need a pre-arranged visa if you spend more than the prescribed time at the airport.
Do you need a visa to transit through Abu Dhabi?If you are staying at the international airport in less than four hours, then you will not need a transit visa but the time is extended, you have to check with your airlines to get a transit visa if you are travelling through Abu Dhabi. Nationals from 48 countries that declared by the UAE government would get a visa on arrival at the airport. But others would need a transit visa if you are spending more than the prescribed duration at the airport.
What is the best time to take holidays in Dubai?The winter time that is from November to March is the best time to visit Dubai, during this time Dubai Shopping Festival is also happening. Hence you would be able to find a larger crowd in January and February. It is always better to avoid the summer season as the whole region will be under the highest temperature.
What is the temperature in Daytime and Night time in Dubai? How is the general climate in Dubai?Depending on the season, the temperature level in Dubai varies. During summer season, the day temperature may go up to 45-47* Celsius and evening temperature around 30* Celsius. During winter, the average high temperature is 30-32* Celsius and low temperature is at an average of 20-22* Celsius.
The natives say there is only two types of climatic conditions, hotter and the hottest. Since the vast deserts spreading across its borders cause the air to be hot always, most of the countries in the UAE experience unpredictably severe hot climatic conditions. During winter also, the temperature level will not fall down more than a limit.
Check Out: Dubai Weather-Temperature Guide
Is it safe to travel to Dubai?Yes, it is safe to travel to Dubai. It is one of the top notched tourist destinations in the Middle East as its law and order is sturdy and the number of crimes is unimaginably lesser. Also, the plenty of tourists come to visit Dubai make the city awaken all the time and nobody has to be worried about the safety here.
I am woman visiting Dubai alone? Will I be safe?Dubai is safe for solo women travelers as well but as every other place has been misunderstood, Dubai has also some bad nuances but to be true, this is a safe place for solo women travelers. You have to be a bit alert while traveling or strolling around the city. You can arrange a taxi for your daily travels and seek help from women found on the road first etc.
What are the essential items that one must pack while travelling to Dubai?Summer clothes, loose clothes, sunglasses, sunscreen, water bottle, sandals, swim suit to play at the beach and water parks. A small backpack can be carried with you during the tour. A hiking boot or a pair of thick shoes can be taken to do desert safari. During winter also, the conditions are not so extreme so that a pair of shawl or woolen clothes can be taken. Don’t forget your passport, visa copies, photo id etc on all the days of your tour.
What are the different activities one can do in Dubai?There are plenty of things to do in Dubai:
1. Sightseeing: Filled with a number of attractions, sightseeing in Dubai is one of the most enthralling activities. One can cover the major attractions of Dubai like Burj Khalifa, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Museum, Bastakia, Dubai Mall, Dubai Creek, Jumeirah Mosque, Burj-al-Arab etc.
2. Cruising: Enjoy the best views of Dubai with a cruise in a luxurious yacht and explore it in a unique way. One can start or end their cruise in Dubai either watching the futuristic skyline, indulging in a romantic sunset dinner and many more excursions from the shore of Dubai.
3. Fishing: Offering many great spots like Dubai Creek, Dibba and the Eastcoast, Dubai is a promising getaway for fishing lovers. It hosts many sea fishing events and allows the tourists to use the services of many excellent fishing tour companies who organise many entertaining activities along with fishing.
4. Boating: Make the most of your vacation in Dubai by going on a thrilling ride on an inflatable road in Dubai. Wandering in the open waters, boating in Dubai offers a glimpse of the Dubai skyline which includes the Atlantis hotel, Dubai Marina, Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah etc.
5. Desert Safari: Enjoy amidst the glorious sand dunes of the desert in Dubai with your next adventure. The thrilling safari includes many activities like camping under the stars, having a BBQ dinner, camel rides, belly dancing, shisha and many more things.
6. Dune Bashing: Fire up your adrenaline by off roading on the golden sand dunes of deserts of Dubai with a thrilling experience of dune bashing. Riding in the SUVs and enjoying numerous activities like sheesha smoking, henna painting and camel riding is an experience of a lifetime for all the tourists in Dubai.
7. Quad Biking: Hit the roads to have a pulse racing time on the quad bikes over the sand dunes in Dubai during your vacation with your friends and family. The four wheeled experience allows you to explore the real rugged terrains of Dubai and a great pick for those who are a fan of outdoor activities.
8. Helicopter Ride: Hop into a helicopter to see the most amazing views of Dubai and have a story to tell everyone. Enjoying a 360 degree view of the iconic sites like Burj-al-Arab, Palm Jumeirah, Burj Khalifa is one of the major highlights of having a 15-20 minute ride through this aerial tour in the city of Dubai.
9. Seaplane Fight: Enjoy the scenic views of Dubai with a sea plane flight taking off from the waters of Persian Gulf. It is known to offer a dazzling view of Dubai’s landmarks like Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab and Palm Jumeirah for a 20 minute duration in a seaplane.
10. Parasailing: Soar high in the air to have the most gorgeous vistas of the skyline of Dubai by parasailing when you are there. It takes you 500 feet above the sky and offers a memorable view of Dubai's most iconic landmarks, such as Atlantis The Palm, Dubai Eye, Dubai Marina and many more.
11. Skydiving: Free fall through the air to breathe the air of magic in Dubai with skydiving. Whether it’s the golden desert of Dubai or the blue ocean over the Palm Jumeirah, skydiving in Dubai is a surreal adventure that everyone must try.
12. Scuba Diving: Explore the beautiful underwaters of Dubai and look at the gorgeous aquatic species. Dubai offers a number of diving courses where you can float with the waves and swim underwater along the beautiful marine animals in Dubai.
13. Jet Ski: If you feel the need for speed, then jet ski is a must-try for adventure junkies in Dubai. It promises a glamorous view of the skyline of Dubai lasting for a duration of 30 minutes to 1 hour along the Arabian coast.
14. Wakeboarding: For the water babies, wakeboarding is a nice adventure to gear up for in Dubai. With great instructors and calm waters, even beginners can learn wakeboarding to have a sporty day at Marina Beach in Dubai.
15. Snorkeling: Bask amidst the beautiful underwater life of Dubai by indulging in snorkelling when you are there. Held at the Gulf of Oman, snorkelling is a nice way to have a close look of the marine life and have an adventure in Dubai.
16. Zip-lining: Having the world’s longest urban zipline, Dubai is a treat for the adventure lovers. The experience allows you to glide like a bird over the most spectacular skyline and complete a fantastic adventure in Dubai.
17. Fly-Boarding: Get your adrenaline pumping with a 30 minute session of flyboarding in Dubai. The water sport is a good adventure to try out new things in the sea with the aid of professional instructors.
18. Adventure Theme Parks: Have your dose of thrill with offbeat ventures by visiting the adventure theme parks in Dubai. Some of the best theme parks in Dubai which one can visit are Wild Wadi Waterpark, Ski Dubai, Legoland Dubai, Bollywood Park, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi etc.
19. Water Parks: Have a day filled with fun and splash with your loved ones riding and jumping in the water to beat the heat in Dubai. The most famous water parks in Dubai are Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Park, Splash n Party, AquaFun, Laguna Waterpark, etc.
Is it worth visiting Dubai for honeymoon?Yes, Dubai is an amazing place to plan for a honeymoon trip. Not just the attractions but the umpteen number of activities would leave you awe-struck for your whole life. The luxuriously beautiful hotels, the captivating beaches, the man-made wonders like Burj Khalifa, the water based activities which are highly exciting, the famous museum, the delicious cuisines both Arabic and international available at the neatly done restaurants, the dynamic nights etc make a honeymoon tour of Dubai a doubtless choice.
Suggested Read: 50 Best Places to Visit in Dubai For Honeymoon
Is it worth visiting Dubai for adventure?Yes. From the extensive arena of golden sand dunes to the clear blue sky above will spread the carpet for adventure lovers. There are various extreme sports that one can experience in Dubai. Be it skydiving, paragliding, parasailing, dune bashing, desert safari, camel safari, fishing, diving, snorkeling, adventure theme parks, beach based activities, everything in Dubai is an unavoidable perk that would make any level adventurist to linger on the land of sand.
Which all places are best for adventure in Dubai?The Hatta Desert and other deserts in Dubai are really awesome to do some adventurous activities like desert safari, dune bashing, buggy ride, sand wakeboard, hot air balloon ride etc. Jebel Ali, Wild Wadi Waterpark, the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Emirates Diving Federation Dubai, and the Jumeriah, Water Sports, Swimming - Palm Beach and Jumeirah Beach, the Dubai Ladies Club, Pavilion Dive Centre at Jumeirah Beach Hotel etc are some of the most famous centers where you can enjoy scuba diving.
Palm Jumeirah, the tallest building Burj Khalifa etc give the exciting seaplane tours. Gravity Zone is a remarkable space where you can enjoy the best bungee jumping in Dubai. If you like skiing, then Snow Park at the Mall of the Emirates would be a perfect fit for you.
What is the ideal duration for a holiday in Dubai?To explore Dubai at its best, one would have to around seven days to eight days tour of Dubai. Then you can visit the major attractions and do some adventurous activities. But there are option for 3-4 days of sightseeing tour, 10-12 days of activities and sightseeing tour and day tours also. Ideally, long day tours would be helpful to enjoy the city compared to the short tours.
Is it worth visiting Dubai as a teenager?Yes. Dubai offers unlimited adventure activities and things to do which would entertain both adults as well as kids equally. Teenagers can also enjoy the sights around. Desert safari, dune bashing, buggy ride, skydiving, scuba diving, snorkeling, cruises, helicopter ride, adventure parks, amusement parks, beaches, the heritage museums, aquariums, shopping malls, restaurants and luxury hotels and many more are there which teenagers can have fun at the level best.
The only thing teenager will find a problem is the restrictions to have liquor. The age limit to have liquor here is 21. Otherwise, Dubai is a marvelous country for any age group.
What are some famous tourist attractions in Dubai?There are countless sightseeing spots in Dubai both man-made and natural ones. From the glittering skyscrapers to the old heritage house, Dubai is a flamboyant possessor of awe-inspiring attractions.
1. Burj Khalifa: The world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa is one of the best sights to behold in Dubai. Boasting of modern technology and numerous offices, retail outlets and hotels, it offers something for everyone in Dubai. The skyscraper is known for its interesting design, “sky-sourced” ventilation system and many more.
2. Burj Al Arab: Replete with luxury, Burj Al Arab is a wonderful hotel that is set on an island overlooking the sea. The hotel boasts of opulent suites, fantastic restaurants, and ultra-modern amenities to promise a glamorous stay to all the guests. Some of the major attractions of Burj Al Arab are Sky View Bar, Summersalt Beach Club, Wild Wadi Waterpark, etc.
3. Ferrari World: It is the first theme park in the world based on the brand of Ferrari. The place is known to offer a thrilling experience with its incredible rides and attractions, Ferrari inspired shows and some amazing dining experience for a fun-filled getaway.
4. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: Home to more than 30,000 marine animals, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is a nice recreational spot in Dubai. It is one of the largest suspended aquariums in the world with the largest collection of sand tiger sharks found anywhere. Some recommended activities here include glass bottom tour, mermaid makeover, snorkeling, etc.
5. Dubai Marina: This is one of the best neighbourhoods in Dubai where one can find the best cafes, shopping venues and an expanse of sand to have a day out in the sun. It is often hailed as one of the most picturesque docks where one can find anything and everything according to their mood and needs.
6. Dubai Creek: This is a saltwater Creek where one can look forward to do tons of activities. One of the pleasant experiences here is to take the traditional abra water taxi and watch the glimmering skyline of Dubai. One can look forward to see the lovely souks along with many modern buildings and cultural places of Dubai.
7. Jumeirah Mosque: Jumeirah Mosque is one of the only mosques in UAE that is open to non-Muslims. It boasts of an elegant architecture and based on the policy of 'Open Doors, Open Minds'. It has the capacity to hold more than 1200 worshippers and welcomes visitors from all faiths to know more about the local culture.
8. Jumeirah Beach: Stretching along the Persian Gulf, Jumeirah beach is one of the beautiful coastal stretches of Dubai. This open beach is a splendid place to have a dip in the sea and indulge in other activities like shopping, dining and just relaxing in the sands. Jumeirah Beach is a nice getaway to go with your loved ones.
9. Dubai Miracle Garden: This place is famous as the largest natural flower garden in Dubai. This destination offers numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation along with entertainment and dining options. Along with being home to numerous flowers, Dubai Miracle Garden also offers many entertainment and dining options.
10. Dubai Dolphinarium: Experience a delightful getaway by watching the dolphins and playful seals in this unique indoor attraction of Dubai. Dubai Dolphinarium has many entertaining plays which keeps the audience enthralled making it an experience of a lifetime.
11. Ski Dubai: The indoor resort is one of the best theme parks in Dubai where you can have a feel of enjoying in the mountains and snow. It gives you the feel of winters as it is covered with a terrain of snow and the different slopes here make it a magical respite for the adventure lovers.
12. Dubai Fountain: It is known as the world’s largest choreographed fountain system located in Burj Khalifa Lake in Dubai. The major highlight here is the magical display of water jets equipped with enthralling lights and sound watched from a platform. This captivating spectacle is one of the must-visit in Dubai.
13. Dubai Frame: It is one of the scintillating architectural landmarks of Dubai which is a 150 m tall building depicting a picture frame. It is known to offer a captivating view of the skyline of Dubai and also boasts of being an impressive sight of modern engineering.
14. Dubai Mall: This is the second-largest mall in the world and a delight for all the shopaholics in Dubai. The mall has more than 1,200 retail stores, two anchor department stores and hundreds of food and beverage outlets making it a spectacular getaway to enjoy with friends and family on your vacation.
15. Dubai Garden Glow: Dubai Garden Glow is one of the most unique theme parks in Dubai which is based on the concept of creation and imagination. It features amazing displays from artists all over the world and categorized into three attractions-Dinosaur Park, Ice Park, and Art Park. It also hosts many infotainment shows and cultural performances.
16. Mall of the Emirates: Mall of the Emirates is a pleasant getaway for fans of retail therapy. The shopping center is known to have more than 500 shops, an indoor ski resort, a multiplex and a vast collection of restaurants and hotels. The enormous mall is known to have the popular brand names like Borders, Debenhams, Zara, and Harvey Nichols.
17. The Palm Island: A set of artificial islands in the shape of a palm tree, Palm Island is one of the prominent attractions of Dubai. The place is known to have a number of luxury hotels and resorts attracting all the ones who crave a lavish vacation in Dubai.
18. Dubai Gold Souk and Spice Souk: This is the traditional market of Dubai where one can find all the fascinating items under one roof. This market is good to spend a nice evening stroll watching the colorful sights and shop for spices, souvenirs, and gifts on your vacation in Dubai.
Where is Burj Khalifa? What is special about it?The tallest structure in the world that is completely man-made is Burj Khalifa in Dubai. The total height of the building is 829.8 meters that includes an antenna and a roof height of 828 meters. It is the tallest free-standing structure in the world and it has the highest number of stories in the world. It houses the highest outdoor observation deck and boasts the longest elevator travel distance.
Burj Khalifa is located at 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard in Dubai. The construction of the building was started in 2004 and opened to the public in 2010. It has 162 rooms and has the world’s tallest elevator spans up to 140 levels. The highest occupied floor in the building is 153rd floor where parties and events are occurred frequently and it has a private terrace as well. The spider lily, a widely cultivated flower in Dubai is said to be the influence for the rare design of the building. Skip the line and book Burj Khalifa tickets at Thrillophilia with 11% Discount
Where are Palm Islands? What is special about them?The three superficially beautiful island collaboration is Palm Islands which has Palm Jumeirah, Deira Island and Palm Jebel Ali that exist on the wide coast of Dubai, UAE. But till now, the construction of Palm Jumeirah, a luxurious resort that attracts hundreds of international tourists, has been completed. Since the shape of a palm tree is incorporated to the islands, they got the name Palm Islands.
The Dubai government is planning to make each island on this group of islands suitable for residing, for spending leisure time and entertaining the tourists as well as natives. Also, it will add 520 kilometers long non-public beaches to the city.
Where is Dubai mall? Is it an ideal destination for shopping?The famous Dubai Mall is the centre where the new concepts of tourism are churned out well. It is the nineteenth largest shopping mall in the world in terms of total area. The shopping complex is a part of the wide Downtown complex in Dubai opening 1200 shops. It has a wide recognition as it is the most visited building on the planet, the reports came out in 2011 say. Every year it has more than 50 million visitors.
To spend a leisure time or to buy quality stuff, Dubai Mall is an option. It is a well maintained space to have fun with your family or friends. The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is the major attraction that surprises both adults and kids equally. There are a number of cafes, cinema theaters, retail shops where you can buy colourful stuff etc.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Things to do in Dubai Mall
Where is the Dubai Fountain situated?Dubai Fountain is on the extensive manmade lake at Burj Khalifa in Dubai which is equipped with 6600 lights and 25 coloured projectors. It is the tallest performing fountain which has the greatest accompaniment of traditional Arabic music as well as contemporary world music. It is located at the centre of Dubai Downtown development, the major development project of Dubai government. Book Dubai Fountain Lake Ride at Flat 15% Off
Which are the best water parks in Dubai?
The famous water parks in Dubai include the following:
- Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark: Known for its adventurous zip lines and slides, Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark is a fun-filled getaway. It has Dubai’s largest aquarium with more than 65000 marine animals and also hosts Dolphin Educational Performance for the visitors as a recreational activity. One of the major attractions of Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark is the slide called Leap of Faith which carries you into a pool filled with sharks.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark: It's an outdoor water park in Dubai which promises you wild fun with their slides like Tantrum Alley and surfing experience like Wipeout Flowrider. The surfing experience here is quite unique and the waterpark is famous for being based on the tales of Juha, a character from Arabian folklore. Along with the adrenaline pumping attractions it offers great options for food which ranges from gourmet barbeque to freshly made pizza.
- Legoland Water Park: This family theme park in Dubai is renowned as the first Legoland park in the Middle East. With a number of slides and other attractions, Legoland Water Park is where one can enjoy a number of activities like build a boat or raft along with splash safari and have fun on more than 20 water slides. One of the popular rides here is the Dragon Coaster which is Dubai’s biggest ride.
- Dreamland waterpark: One of UAE’s largest theme park, this place is known for 30 water attractions with waterside camping, Mini Zoo, and sports facilities. The waterpark is a nice way to beat the heat in summers either by relaxing in the private wooden cabanas, enjoying a party or camping with your loved ones.
- Laguna Waterpark: This unique water park in Dubai has four zones called Surf, Relax, Slide, and Splash to enjoy a fun-filled day in the sun. With exhilarating rides like Constrictor, Freefall, Loop, Mad Racer, and Mantra, Laguna Waterpark is a thrilling getaway to relax and unwind with the whole family.
- AquaFun: At AquaFun, one can look forward for an unforgettable aqua adventure as it is the world’s largest inflatable aqua park. The waterpark is a breathtaking place to visit to enjoy the water slides and have a recreational outdoor experience from morning to sunset. With a capacity of approximately 500 people, AquaFun promises an enthralling getaway for all.
- Splash n Party: For a relaxing getaway, Splash n Party is where you can have a fun day for the whole family. It has numerous splash pads, slides, water guns, and other water-based activities. It is an excellent place to have a memorable theme based parties for the kids where one can host birthday parties and other special events.
- Yas waterpark: Yas Waterpark is famous for offering amazing adventures like taking a plunge from a mountaintop, shooting cannons out of a rollercoaster and sliding inside a giant snake. Along with its water activities, it has more than 40 slides, dining options, shopping venues, and other spectacular events. The iconic waterpark is a must-visit for people of all ages in Dubai.
Which all Mosques should I must visit in Dubai?
The famous Mosques of Dubai are as follows:
1. Grand Mosque: It is one of the largest mosques in Dubai and known for its unique architecture. The mosque is a nice visit if you are fond of photography.
2. Jumeirah Mosque: This picturesque mosque is one of the few mosques in UAE that can be visited by non-Muslims and women. The mosque is also known to be printed on the banknote of 500 dirhams.
3. Al Farooq Omar Bin Al Khattab Mosque: This mosque represents the famous Blue Mosque in Istanbul. It is known to be a combination of the Andalusian and Ottoman style of architecture.
4. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: The famous mosque is known to be the resting place Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan. The architecture here is a beautiful combination of Mughal, Persian and Moorish designs.
5. Al Salam Mosque: Known for its glimmering minarets, the Al Salam Mosque is one of the most beautiful mosques in Dubai. It is renowned for showcasing hints of Emirati architecture with a blend of Andalusian and Ottoman.
Recommended Read: 15 Best Museums in Dubai
Where is Ferrari World? What is special about them?A thrilling amusement park on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi is the famous Ferrari World. It is the first branded theme park by Ferrari and possesses the largest space frame structure in the world. Formula Rossa which is known as the fastest roller coaster is located at this park. It was opened to the public in 2010. It is considered to be the leading Middle East’s Tourist Attraction as per the information from World Travel Awards 2015. The thrilling roller coasters are Fiorano GT Challenge, Formula Rossa, Mission Ferrari, Flying Aces and Turbo Track. Ride the World's Fastest Rollercoaster and book your tickets for Full Day Ferrari World Tour Flat 10% Off
Are there any beaches where I should go?The Persian Gulf coast arranges some of the best beaches in Dubai that will give you extreme fun and entertainment. The Jumeirah Beach at Dubai Marina is a crowded yet beautiful beach. The Jumeirah beach residences arrayed on the background of the JBR beach are quite stunning and an extensive stretch of silky sand. With the amazing backdrop of Burj Al Arab, the vast stretch of white sand on the Burj Beach is a relishing space to have a relaxed time. The Kite Beach is the paradise for kite surfers and similar adventure activities. Located just behind the Sunset Mall in Jumeirah, the sunset beach is a favourite destination of tourists.
Black Palace Beach is the secret gem of Dubai and a lovely beach for families. The scenic trail on the shore of Al Mamzar Beach would enable you relive the lost childhood thoroughly.
What kind of nightlife I can experience in Dubai?Dubai boasts the best nightlife conditions in the world. The glittering skyscrapers pave the way for the tourists to reach the most vibrant night clubs and pubs where they can enjoy the international performances, music and concerts along with the sizzling, delicious delicacies from all over the world. A lot of people love Dubai because of its lovely nightlife pictures. Since there are a lot of shopping centers opened late night also, people love to roam around and enjoy the night life at its best.
Which all buildings are the tallest in Dubai?With Burj Khalifa topping the list of tallest buildings in Dubai, the city accommodates a number of glittering skyscrapers. The other major tall buildings are Marina 101, Princess Tower, 23 Marina, Elite Residence, Almas Tower, JW Marriott Marquis Tower 1 and 2, Emirates Office Tower, the Torch, Al Yaqub Tower, the Index, Burj Al Arab, HHR Tower, Jumeirah Emirates Tower Hotel, the Address the BLVD and so on. Over 100 tall buildings are spreading across the blue sky of Dubai city. There are some more buildings under construction to lead the list of the tallest buildings in the world like the Tower at Dubai Creek Harbour, Entisar Tower etc.
Which are some famous streets in Dubai?There are quite a number of streets is Dubai which are known as the budgeted shoppers’ stop an tourists come here to know the inimitable pulse of Dubai natives and here you can get a lot of stuff at cheaper rates, be it clothes, food or jewelry. Al Diyafah Street is quite prominent among them and it is located in Satwa, Bur Dubai where you can find a lot of cafes and restaurants. Burj Dubai Boulevard is yet another famous street where tourists are seen in plenty.
Textile souk or Meena Bazar is a beautiful local center where you can enjoy some amazing shopping by bargaining. Al Faheidi Street, Karama Shopping Street etc are some of the famous streets people usually visit when they come to Dubai.
Also Read: 25 Best Street Food in Dubai
Is there metro in Dubai? How to download a metro map for Dubai? What are its timings?Yes, there is a metro in Dubai which was started in 2009. There are two lines; Red Line and Green Line. Red Line goes from Dubai International Airport to UAE Exchange and Green Line goes from Etisalat Metro Station to Umm Hurair. Red Line operates from 05:30 am to midnight on the working days from Saturday to Wednesday and from 05:30 am to 01:00 am on Thursdays and from 10:00 to 01:00 am on Fridays. Green Line is open on all working days from Saturday to Wednesday from 05:50 am to midnight and from 05:50 am to 01:00 am on Thursdays and from 10:00 am to 01:00 on Fridays.
You can download the metro map available on different sites like Dubaimetro.eu, mydubaimetro.com etc.
Which is the best/cheapest mode of travel while in Dubai?Use the metro service of Dubai, the cheapest travel mode to explore Dubai. You can buy a No1 card and top it up with Dhs 1.8 for a short trip and Dhs 5.8 for a long trip. But remember, it would be shut Friday morning and after midnight. Now, you can rent a bike for rates starting from Dhs 15 for 30 minutes either to roam around Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Boulevard or along the Dubai Marina promenade. The next option is hiring a taxi
How is the public transportation system in Dubai?Dubai has a large public transportation system though the daily commuters find it difficult to reach their office and home due to the growing population in the city. Currently, Dubai is the most crowded city in the UAE. But the authorities are doing great things to make the public transport system smooth and well connected. Dubai Metro is a useful transportation mode used by tourists as well as the natives. There are two lines now; Red Line and Green Line with multiple station and extending up to 74 kms among which 13 km is built underground. The large and systematized bus service of Dubai is really acknowledged.
The Roads and Transport Authority maintains these buses that commute 30 million per day. Trams services are the recent additions to the public transportation of the city. It can also reduce the travel time of daily commuters. But tourists of the city depend on the extensive taxi system available because of the comfort and privacy promised by the service. Water transport is yet another important mode where traditional dhows as well as boats are used.
How is the taxi service in Dubai?Dubai possesses a wide and structured taxi system and by far it is the frequently used method of transportation by natives as well as tourists. There are both government and private cab services and the Government taxis are of cream colour and the major private companies are Metro Taxi, Citi Taxi, National Taxi etc. The meter starts from Dhs 12.00. Compared to other metropolitan cities, the taxi service in Dubai is cheaper and frequently available.
Can I rent a bike, car etc. to travel within Dubai?Yes, you can rent a bike or car to travel within Dubai if you have an international driving licence or anyone with a valid license of UAE can drive. But the cost would be a little higher and if you don’t want to be lost, it is better to use the service of Uber or Taxis.
What is the culture of Dubai?The traditional Arab culture and Islam beliefs are still clustered together to keep the values of UAE high though the city is a melting pot of multiple culture now due to the presence of international guests arriving here regularly. The strong base of the culture found in Emirates is their families, all of them are geared around their family members, with marriage and children, they are quite happy. But their hospitality is commendable. They welcome the strangers and outsiders warmly. Nonetheless, the core traditional followers will be more reserved yet nice and friendly.
Is there any religious stance in Dubai?Islam is the prominent religion in Dubai which is followed by 76% of the population. From time immemorial the Emiratis have been following the beliefs of Muslin religion but they have opened their doors to Hindus and Sikhs, Christianity, Buddhism in the later periods when the economic development of the country was depending on the trades happening between other nearby countries.
Are there any religious restrictions in Dubai?Though the official of Dubai is Islam, they people here accept every other religion in the world except Judaism. Apart from the 76% of the total population, others are following different religions like Christianity, Hinduism, Sikhism, Buddhism and Jainism. However, they don’t allow anyone to compel anybody to change their religion or adopt new one. So Dubai is a completely free city for any religion.
Is there a dress code to follow in Dubai?Since Dubai is an Islam country which preserves its tradition and culture so intact, they prefer those who live there and come to visit should respect the culture and values. Hence it is always good to dress modestly in public. It is better to avoid shorts and transparent clothes so that the elevated eyebrows would not be coming toward you. At the beach and parks, swimsuit and bikinis are allowed but kindly avoid wearing those to visit the restaurants and pubs nearby.
For men also, there are some restrictions like you are not allowed to walk without wearing shirts or T-shirts in public. But at the beach, there is no restriction like that. Shorts till knee are also advised.
What all types of cuisines I can find in Dubai?Since Dubai is the melting pot of varying cultures from different parts of the world, none has to worry about the food items available here. Anywhere, anytime, people will get the food they would love to eat. But the traditional Arabic cuisines have a lot of admirers. It is a paradise for those who love to eat meat. Mutton Achar Handi, Rice Cheong Fun, the favourite camel meat, fish items, kebabs etc would let you linger for more days.
For vegetarians also, there are hundreds of varieties available at restaurants and street food stalls. International, Chinese, Indian, continental, English, Japanese, Thai, Malaysian and what not; all types of cuisines are available at any restaurants overall in Dubai.
You may also like: 25 Best Restaurants in Dubai Marina
Which ethnic food is special in Dubai?Most special traditional food available in Dubai is stuffed camel, Al Harees, Hummus, Al Machboos, Iranian Sangak and Chelo Kebab, Yemen Mandi, etc are the favourite delicious items you can taste in Dubai as their own items but which are a mix of other countries’ cuisines also.
Is vegetarian food easily available in Dubai?Perhaps, there is a major share of vegetarians in the world now who are turning to be health conscious. So among travelers as well, there are a huge number of people who would love to have vegetarian cuisines at their dining table. There are restaurants which serve vegetarian dishes as well along with non-vegetarian dishes but also the number of pure vegan restaurants is quite impressive. A lot of restaurants are found at Karama Centre, Jumeirah, Bur Dubai and so on which are mostly Indian restaurant and South Asian cuisines.
Popular Read: 30 Best Indian Restaurants in Dubai
Which restaurants serve the best food in Dubai?If you are a food lover, then Dubai is a perfect fit for you to try out multi cuisines coming from the different parts of the world since Dubai started embracing almost all the cultures found in the world. La Petite Maison is one of the best restaurants in the world. It focusses on French dishes as well as Mediterranean dishes. Al Iwan is the best one where you will get the traditional tastes of Emirati food items. Armani or Amal is where the tastiest Indian delicacies are introduced to the foreign land. Zheng He is the most superb choice to eat out authentic Chinese food and Tomo by Takahashi serves the scrumptious Japanese food items. Zuma is also another favourite name loved by Japanese food hunters.
Pierchic serves the authentic European style food, Eauzone offers the modern Asain delicacies and many other favourite food items can be found at shopping malls and street food stalls. Dubai will not disappoint you when it comes to food.
Explore More: 35 Best Restaurants in Dubai
How expensive meals are in Dubai?The expense on food items in Dubai falls on a wide range from the minimal rate to the most expensive food in the world category. Though the city is known as a posh country, now there are hotels and restaurants come up with manageable rates for backpackers and normal budgets. Depending upon the restaurants, the price tags vary. There are Indian restaurants which give meals at 30 Dhs but other countries’ restaurants charge up to 50 Dhs per meal. During January and December, the rates of every item will be higher so as food. If you are looking for a budgeted tour, then avoid these two months.
What are the best things to do in Dubai for Kids?1. Enjoy a Day Out to Legoland Dubai: If you have a playful child, include a visit to the famous Legoland in your Dubai travel packages. Children can enjoy lego-themed rides, building experiences, and shows in this fully featured amusement park.
2. Spend some time at Motiongate™ Dubai Theme Park: While on your Dubai trip, pay a visit to Motiongate™ Dubai Theme Park. You can enjoy a wide range of entertainment options including roller coasters and multimedia theatre shows in this theme park.
3. Experience a Beach Day at Jumeirah Beach Park: Head for a beach day at Jumeirah Beach Park and enjoy picnicking on the perfect blend of grassland and sand. You can also enjoy volleyball and live bbq in this hybrid park.
4. Visit the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo: Take a walk through one of the world’s largest suspended aquariums, the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo. Witness over 140 marine species, go snorkeling, and enjoy a shopping spree.
What kind of shopping can be done in Dubai?Dubai is a treasure house built with anonymous items too came from the different parts of the world during the trades, conquers and exiles. You can buy a lot of stuff from the shopping malls in Dubai as well as souks on the streets at cheaper rates if you are really good at bargaining. The spices, dry fruits and the gold ornaments as well as the fragrance of perfumes are the major items tourists and outside world really like to buy from Dubai. But there are other items like Pashmina shawls, clothes, electronic items, shishas, colourful carpets, souvenirs, gifts and so on which make the markets in Dubai run at a faster pace.
What festivals do the local people celebrate in Dubai?Festivals in Dubai do not have any count. Round the year, there is something or the other related to religion or the city will be happening. Ramadan is the very holistic festival celebrated by the Muslims. They fast during the day time which is in their belief to rejuvenate their soul and body and reconnect with the God in complete purity. The Dubai National Day Festival is celebrated on December 2nd to commemorate the freedom from the British. The month of January will give the most surprising elements from the different parts of the world to Dubai that is during the famous Dubai Shopping Festival.
The other major festivals are related to music, art, fashion and sports such as Dubai International Festival, the Dubai Desert Classic for Golf, the Dubai World Cup for racing, the Bride Show, the Dubai Tennis Championship, the Dubai International Jazz Festival and the Dubai Airshow etc are some of the major events which are celebrated well in Dubai.
Where can I do desert safari in Dubai?There are a lot of desert safari providers in Dubai along with some adventure activities like dune bashing, buggy ride, camel safari etc. You can choose any of the providers and spend ample time on the ocean of the golden sand. Deira is a famous spot for desert safaris in Dubai. 4 x 4 Dubai Desert Safari Private Tours, Buggy Adventures, Arabian Adventures, Yahoo Day Tours LLC - Desert Safari Dubai etc are the predominant desert safari provided in Dubai which would promise you a good time on the desert with adventure activities, camping, BBQ dinner and what not.
What is special about desert safari in Dubai?Desert safaris are one of the major events Dubai offers to its visitors as it is the protector of a vast area of golden sand and the ship of the desert, camels are found aplenty here. People would love to take a ride on these gentle animals. Desert safari includes different activities like dune bashing, quad biking, buggy ride, sunset and sunrise views, BBQ dinner, shishas, Henna painting, camping, cultural performances etc. So desert safari means a lot to those who love to spend the evening on the extensive arena of sand.
Can I do a helicopter ride in Dubai?Yes, you can do a helicopter ride in Dubai to enjoy the bird’s eye view of the city and feel overjoyed. There are different helicopter tour providers in the city. Emirates Helicopter Tours, Helicopter Tour Dubai, HeliDubai, Ultimate Charter, Aaida Tours, Aerogulf Services are some of the leading helicopter tour providers in Dubai. You can choose any provider and book a fifteen minute or 1 hour helicopter ride. The rates are depending on the service providers and the minimum amount will be around 200 US dollars.
Can I do a cruise ride in Dubai?Yes, you can do a cruise in Dubai. Both international and national tour providers are giving cruise packages at reasonable price in Dubai. Different types of cruises are available like day cruise package, with stay cruise, dinner cruise, and party cruise and so on. There are multiple yachts, dhows, boats and ships which are providing the best floating trip on the Persian Gulf with a view of the glittering Dubai Marina and the other creeks. The costs of the packages may depend on the providers and the category you select.
Which places are best for photography in Dubai?Everything in Dubai is awesome to take photographs as it makes a good post card like picture on any camera. Some of the best photographic locations and buildings are as follows:
-Jumeirah Public Beach
-The Grand Mosque
-Dubai Desert Conservation Center
-Dubai Flower Garden
-The Dhow Yard at Dubai Creek
Which places are best for film/video shooting?There are a lot of scenic locations in Dubai that would arrange the best backdrop to shoot a video or for filming. It is proven by a number of Hollywood as well as Indian movies shot there. The vast desert is a scintillating location to shoot different types of videos or even a photo shoot. Action sequences, romantic scenes, family time etc can be shot here and they would look amazing here. Burj Khalifa building has been used for many movie shooting and the sights from the top would really be enthralling.
Palm Jumeirah, the Arabic traditional buildings and houses found everywhere, the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Fountain, the Dubai Marina and the beaches nearby, Deira, Jumeirah Mosque, Gold and Spice Souk, the Hatta Desert, the Dubai Creek etc are some of the major locations people love to shoot videos.
Does one have easy access to alcohol in Dubai? What is the legal drinking age?The availability is limited to hotels and private clubs which serve the best alcohols. But none can drink alcohol on the street or in public. During the month of Ramadan, the consumption and selling of alcohol are strictly prohibited because for the natives, this is the holiest month in their calendar when they fast for the whole day and have food only at night and early morning.
The age limit to get alcohol and to drink alcohol in Dubai is 21. It is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone who has not turned 21 here in Dubai but the limit is 18 in Abu Dhabi.
Is smoking legal in Dubai?Smoking is prohibited at public places in Dubai and it is going to be extended to all the other countries of UAE. Soon, the government will approve the prohibition of smoking at workplace, restaurants, pubs and bars, shopping malls and similar places, then there would be a complete ban on cigarettes.
What kind of laws are there in Dubai regarding drug usage?The consumption of illegal drugs in Dubai is a criminal offence that can lead you to the jail or deportation. The illegal drugs and anti-depressant medicines also can cause the police to arrest you and imprison.
How can I get a temporary local mobile connection?You can apply for a temporary local mobile connection at the two major mobile phone SIM centres that is Etisalat and Du. Eitsalat charges by minute while Du charges by second. These two operators are coming under the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority. You have to submit an application with your passport copy with a valid residence visa stamp or a valid visiting visa. You can get from both these operators a temporary SIM or from an authorized seller.
Are ATM cards safe and useful to carry? Are there any international ATM facility in Dubai?Yes, carrying ATM cards is the safest method to do transactions in Dubai especially in hotels, shopping malls, restaurants etc. But it’s useful to carry a little amount of cash with you if you would love to do shopping at the souks and streets, using public transportation systems etc. However, the safest way is to carry ATM cards with you, either debit or credit.
As Dubai is an international financial centre, there are a lot of international banks’ branches and ATMs in the city. Indian banks also have branches and ATMs in the city. Barclays, Citi Bank, HSBC, ICICI, SBI, BNP Paribas, Indian Overseas Bank etc are some of the major banks which have ATM facilities in Dubai. You can check with your bank prior to the travel about the service charges levied overseas.
What do I do in case of any medical emergency in Dubai?If you face any medical emergency in Dubai, you can call 999 for a government ambulance or to call the police for any help. If you need a private doctor to come to your home and consult, then use the number 800-DOCTOR or 800-362867 used by a private group Lifeline Healthcare. But it is always better to seek help from the locals or neighbours and visit the nearest hospital at the earliest. The police or ambulance will be easily available only on road accident cases and other similar emergencies.
What is the procedure to get any medical treatment in Dubai?Since the medical treatments in the private hospitals or government hospitals are expensive than you may expect it to be, it is always better to take a medical insurance while you are in Dubai or a health card will also work.
Is police helpful and cooperative in Dubai?Yes. One of the best police forces in the world is found in Dubai as per the natives’ comments. They are peaceful and intelligent and will help you in any troubling situation if you are a tourist or native but they will question you blatantly if they find you doing something against the law and culture of the city and the country.
What are some important laws that I should keep in mind while visiting Dubai?Dubai is a non-democratic city which is administered by the families of kings and they follow strict laws of Islam religion. Thus their laws are clearly distinct and sturdy compared to other democratic nations.
-Don’t drink in public, you can drink only at the restaurants, pubs and hotels which have license to sell alcohol. But you must be 21 years old at least.
-Dress modestly. Transparent and overly revealing clothes will welcome offenses from the locals.
-Couples are not allowed to kiss in public, not allowed to hold hands each other or hug. It may result in a term in jail.
-Smoking is prohibited in the public.
-You have to the strict customs laws also. A lot of items are prohibited in the country like pornographic movies and CDs, drugs and the materials that offend Islamic traditions and beliefs, home-made or cooked food, paintings or scriptures that hurt the Islam religion.
-Do not drive after drinking alcohol, it may let you enter the jail.
-As per the laws in Sharia, sharing a room in an apartment with your friend who is in the opposite sex is illegal.
-Do not take photographs of the locals without permission. Also avoid taking photographs of the buildings of political and military importance.
-During the month of Ramadan, people are not allowed to have food in public between sunrise and sunset.
What are some restricted/prohibited goods in Dubai?There are a list of items that cannot be taken to Dubai from outside. They include narcotic drugs of all kinds, goods imported from boycotted countries, crude ivory and rhinoceros horn, gambling tools and machineries, original engravings, lithographs, sculpture, statues etc, goods from Israel, radiation polluted substances, duplicate currency, homemade and cooked food items, printed publications, oil paintings, cards, books that contradict Islamic beliefs and teachings.