One of the largest city in United Arab Emirates, Dubai city is marked with biggest construction of the world, and changes its persona with new built ups almost every day. It is indeed a wonder to see, how deserted zone has grown up with plethora of huge bricks. The city has become a hub to not only undertake business but also caught the attention as a getaway for national as international travelers.
A shopping hub, honeymoon destination, leisure place, entertainment hub, nightlife to remember; what else you want to call this city when you have multiple names to tag it. Home to Burj Khalifa, Palm islands, history and calm sand dunes, Dubai city calls all the tourists from far away lands to as to taste the culture and savor the life differently.
‘Mashallah’ is quite common to hear when people are seeking major attractions in here. Go for Jumeirah beach park to enjoy some beach time or Burj Khalifa to taste the heights in a luxury. Why to stay back in hotel when wonderland family park waits for you with the whole family, not to be missed places like Dubai fountain, Dubai Marina, Deira clocktower, Burj al Arab, and much more.
Once done with them, hop on to the desert zone that are famous for desert safari, be it in 4x4 or camel safari. Let the cars go swish away in the city outskirts and spend a hip hop time on dunes, while enjoying the cultural show at the stopover, relishing barbecued snacks and sipping the drinks off. These dunes do not let you get bored with bland state but let you feel the adventure closely with sand boards, quad bikes and dune buggies.
Studded with lively nightclubs, bars and late night eateries in Dubai, the city have options like Toro Toro, Barsati bar, Gaucho, hard rock cafe, Kasbar and many many more that you may end up, infact, leaving some of them. The most amazing part for some of them is their presence close to beach side and facing towards it, giving a tropical feel.
Face the culture straightaway from the corner of the eye as you visit Dubai museum, World trade centre, Hatta heritage village and Madinat Jumeirah. Romance lies in air of Dubai and one can feel alive with their love when dining together in the sky. Take a cruise away in the sea water and enjoy the delicacies with whole heart. Dubai creek is famous for some fascinating time among modern skyscrapers, traditional as well as historic sites and appealing man-made islands.
Some more of sightseeing attractions of Dubai city combines have names of Al Safa park, most loved within sports enthusiasts where people can just come and enjoy soccer, volleyball, tennis and most loved sports within them.
Winters bring a new grace to the city not just with calm weather and little respite from heat but also with culture blast. Camel race track which opens every Friday and Thursday, one can visit here for races as well as for paddocks. Buy rugs, blankets, souvenir and grab all the things that catch your eye.
If adventure tingles your buds more and more, go for scuba diving, banana boat ride, parasailing and more with advance guidance by expert trainees. Or calm yourself with fishing in Dubai sea. Do not miss visiting Dubai dolphinarium, hot air balloon visit, underwater zoo for a mesmerizing time in Dubai city.
Shopaholic? Gold digger? Well, Dubai city is just right for you. Gold Souk is your first place to catch as you can find all style of jewellery with pure and finished way. Dubai mall, Mercato, Mall of Emirates, Burjuman centre, Gold and diamond park are some shopping places in Dubai that every shopping lover must visit. Shop as many clothes as you wish as the city has famous street clothes as well as highest brands, you just name one!
What is Dubai city famous for in terms of eateries? Shawarma is the first thing you must try as the plane lands! Apart from that, international and national cuisines are all part of your meal as you may ask them. From continental to Indian, Lebanese to Thai, you have it all with your next order.
Dubai city is though far away from the vegetative lands yet it is a blend of everything you may ask for. Not missed by adventure or by peaceful aura, the places to visit and things to do in Dubai combine them all. Be here the very next time you are having vacation and click the cam pictures to take back home, making memories for life.
One of the largest city in United Arab Emirates, Dubai city is marked with biggest construction of the world, and changes its persona with new built ups almost every day. It is indeed a wonder to see, how deserted zone has grown up with plethora of huge bricks. The city has become a hub to not only undertake business but also caught the attention as a getaway for national as international travelers.
- Abu Dhabi
People Also Ask About Dubai
Which are the best places to visit in Dubai?The best places to visit in Dubai are:
1. Burj Khalifa: The world’s tallest building, Burj Khalifa is one of the best sights to behold in Dubai. Boasting of modern technology and numerous offices, retail outlets and hotels, it offers something for everyone in Dubai. The skyscraper is known for its interesting design, “sky-sourced” ventilation system and many more. You can also book Burj Khalifa Tickets.
2. Burj Al Arab: Replete with luxury, Burj Al Arab is a wonderful hotel that is set on an island overlooking the sea. The hotel boasts of opulent suites, fantastic restaurants, and ultra-modern amenities to promise a glamorous stay to all the guests. Some of the major attractions of Burj Al Arab are Sky View Bar, Summersalt Beach Club, Wild Wadi Waterpark, etc.
3. Ferrari World: It is the first theme park in the world based on the brand of Ferrari. The place is known to offer a thrilling experience with its incredible rides and attractions, Ferrari inspired shows and some amazing dining experience for a fun-filled getaway. You can also checkout & book Ferrari World Tickets.
4. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: Home to more than 30,000 marine animals, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is a nice recreational spot in Dubai. It is one of the largest suspended aquariums in the world with the largest collection of sand tiger sharks found anywhere. Some recommended activities here include glass bottom tour, mermaid makeover, snorkeling, etc. Alslo book Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo Tickets.
5. Dubai Marina: This is one of the best neighbourhoods in Dubai where one can find the best cafes, shopping venues and an expanse of sand to have a day out in the sun. It is often hailed as one of the most picturesque docks where one can find anything and everything according to their mood and needs.
6. Dubai Creek: This is a saltwater Creek where one can look forward to do tons of activities. One of the pleasant experiences here is to take the traditional abra water taxi and watch the glimmering skyline of Dubai. One can look forward to see the lovely souks along with many modern buildings and cultural places of Dubai. Book
7. Jumeirah Mosque: Jumeirah Mosque is one of the only mosques in UAE that is open to non-Muslims. It boasts of an elegant architecture and based on the policy of 'Open Doors, Open Minds'. It has the capacity to hold more than 1200 worshippers and welcomes visitors from all faiths to know more about the local culture.
8. Jumeirah Beach: Stretching along the Persian Gulf, Jumeirah beach is one of the beautiful coastal stretches of Dubai. This open beach is a splendid place to have a dip in the sea and indulge in other activities like shopping, dining and just relaxing in the sands. Jumeirah Beach is a nice getaway to go with your loved ones.
9. Dubai Miracle Garden: This place is famous as the largest natural flower garden in Dubai. This destination offers numerous opportunities for outdoor recreation along with entertainment and dining options. Along with being home to numerous flowers, Dubai Miracle Garden also offers many entertainment and dining options. Also you can explore and book Dubai Miracle Garden Tickets
10. Dubai Dolphinarium: Experience a delightful getaway by watching the dolphins and playful seals in this unique indoor attraction of Dubai. Dubai Dolphinarium has many entertaining plays which keeps the audience enthralled making it an experience of a lifetime. You can also book Dolphin Show Dubai Tickets.
11. Ski Dubai: The indoor resort is one of the best theme parks in Dubai where you can have a feel of enjoying in the mountains and snow. It gives you the feel of winters as it is covered with a terrain of snow and the different slopes here make it a magical respite for the adventure lovers. Book Ski Dubai Tickets and witness the world's largest indoor snow park spread across an area of 3,000 square meters.
12. Dubai Fountain: It is known as the world’s largest choreographed fountain system located in Burj Khalifa Lake in Dubai. The major highlight here is the magical display of water jets equipped with enthralling lights and sound watched from a platform. This captivating spectacle is one of the must-visit in Dubai. You can checkout and book Dubai Fountain Lake Ride Tickets.
13. Dubai Frame: It is one of the scintillating architectural landmarks of Dubai which is a 150 m tall building depicting a picture frame. It is known to offer a captivating view of the skyline of Dubai and also boasts of being an impressive sight of modern engineering. Click Dubai Frame to book the tickets.
14. Dubai Mall: This is the second-largest mall in the world and a delight for all the shopaholics in Dubai. The mall has more than 1,200 retail stores, two anchor department stores and hundreds of food and beverage outlets making it a spectacular getaway to enjoy with friends and family on your vacation.
15. Dubai Garden Glow: Dubai Garden Glow is one of the most unique theme parks in Dubai which is based on the concept of creation and imagination. It features amazing displays from artists all over the world and categorized into three attractions-Dinosaur Park, Ice Park, and Art Park. It also hosts many infotainment shows and cultural performances. You can also book Dubai Garden Glow Tickets.
16. Mall of the Emirates: Mall of the Emirates is a pleasant getaway for fans of retail therapy. The shopping center is known to have more than 500 shops, an indoor ski resort, a multiplex and a vast collection of restaurants and hotels. The enormous mall is known to have the popular brand names like Borders, Debenhams, Zara, and Harvey Nichols.
17. The Palm Island: A set of artificial islands in the shape of a palm tree, Palm Island is one of the prominent attractions of Dubai. The place is known to have a number of luxury hotels and resorts attracting all the ones who crave a lavish vacation in Dubai.
18. Dubai Gold Souk and Spice Souk: This is the traditional market of Dubai where one can find all the fascinating items under one roof. This market is good to spend a nice evening stroll watching the colorful sights and shop for spices, souvenirs, and gifts on your vacation in Dubai.
What are the best things to do in Dubai?The best things to do in Dubai are:
1. Sightseeing: Filled with a number of attractions, sightseeing in Dubai is one of the most enthralling activities. One can cover the major attractions of Dubai like Burj Khalifa, Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Museum, Bastakia, Dubai Mall, Dubai Creek, Jumeirah Mosque, Burj-al-Arab etc.
2. Cruising: Enjoy the best views of Dubai with a cruise in a luxurious yacht and explore it in a unique way. One can start or end their cruise in Dubai either watching the futuristic skyline, indulging in a romantic sunset dinner and many more excursions from the shore of Dubai.
3. Fishing: Offering many great spots like Dubai Creek, Dibba and the Eastcoast, Dubai is a promising getaway for fishing lovers. It hosts many sea fishing events and allows the tourists to use the services of many excellent fishing tour companies who organise many entertaining activities along with fishing.
4. Boating: Make the most of your vacation in Dubai by going on a thrilling ride on an inflatable road in Dubai. Wandering in the open waters, boating in Dubai offers a glimpse of the Dubai skyline which includes the Atlantis hotel, Dubai Marina, Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah etc.
5. Desert Safari: Enjoy amidst the glorious sand dunes of the desert in Dubai with your next adventure. The thrilling safari includes many activities like camping under the stars, having a BBQ dinner, camel rides, belly dancing, shisha and many more things.
6. Dune Bashing: Fire up your adrenaline by off roading on the golden sand dunes of deserts of Dubai with a thrilling experience of dune bashing. Riding in the SUVs and enjoying numerous activities like sheesha smoking, henna painting and camel riding is an experience of a lifetime for all the tourists in Dubai.
7. Quad Biking: Hit the roads to have a pulse racing time on the quad bikes over the sand dunes in Dubai during your vacation with your friends and family. The four wheeled experience allows you to explore the real rugged terrains of Dubai and a great pick for those who are a fan of outdoor activities.
8. Helicopter Ride: Hop into a helicopter to see the most amazing views of Dubai and have a story to tell everyone. Enjoying a 360 degree view of the iconic sites like Burj-al-Arab, Palm Jumeirah, Burj Khalifa is one of the major highlights of having a 15-20 minute ride through this aerial tour in the city of Dubai.
9. Seaplane Fight: Enjoy the scenic views of Dubai with a sea plane flight taking off from the waters of Persian Gulf. It is known to offer a dazzling view of Dubai’s landmarks like Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab and Palm Jumeirah for a 20 minute duration in a seaplane.
10. Parasailing: Soar high in the air to have the most gorgeous vistas of the skyline of Dubai by parasailing when you are there. It takes you 500 feet above the sky and offers a memorable view of Dubai's most iconic landmarks, such as Atlantis The Palm, Dubai Eye, Dubai Marina and many more.
11. Skydiving: Free fall through the air to breathe the air of magic in Dubai with skydiving. Whether it’s the golden desert of Dubai or the blue ocean over the Palm Jumeirah, skydiving in Dubai is a surreal adventure that everyone must try.
12. Scuba Diving: Explore the beautiful underwaters of Dubai and look at the gorgeous aquatic species. Dubai offers a number of diving courses where you can float with the waves and swim underwater along the beautiful marine animals in Dubai. You can also checkout and book tickets for Scuba Diving In Dubai.
13. Jet Ski: If you feel the need for speed, then jet ski is a must-try for adventure junkies in Dubai. It promises a glamorous view of the skyline of Dubai lasting for a duration of 30 minutes to 1 hour along the Arabian coast. Book Jet Ski Dubai Marina and experience your ultimate adventure.
14. Wakeboarding: For the water babies, wakeboarding is a nice adventure to gear up for in Dubai. With great instructors and calm waters, even beginners can learn wakeboarding to have a sporty day at Marina Beach in Dubai.
15. Snorkeling: Bask amidst the beautiful underwater life of Dubai by indulging in snorkelling when you are there. Held at the Gulf of Oman, snorkelling is a nice way to have a close look of the marine life and have an adventure in Dubai.
16. Zip-lining: Having the world’s longest urban zipline, Dubai is a treat for the adventure lovers. The experience allows you to glide like a bird over the most spectacular skyline and complete a fantastic adventure in Dubai.
17. Fly-Boarding: Get your adrenaline pumping with a 30 minute session of flyboarding in Dubai. The water sport is a good adventure to try out new things in the sea with the aid of professional instructors.
18. Adventure Theme Parks: Have your dose of thrill with offbeat ventures by visiting the adventure theme parks in Dubai. Some of the best theme parks in Dubai which one can visit are Wild Wadi Waterpark, Ski Dubai, Legoland Dubai, Bollywood Park, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi etc.
19. Water Parks: Have a day filled with fun and splash with your loved ones riding and jumping in the water to beat the heat in Dubai. The most famous water parks in Dubai are Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Park, Splash n Party, AquaFun, Laguna Waterpark, etc.
How do I reach Dubai?One of the best ways to reach Dubai is via air as it is connected by flights to more than 200 destinations across the world. Dubai International airport has accessibility to multiple airlines. Almost all the major cities in India are connected to Dubai with direct flights.
Another way to reach Dubai is land at Sharjah International Airport and then take a taxi or bus and travel by road to reach Dubai. One can also takes the Emirates Express bus which connects Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
What is the best time to visit Dubai?Summer Season (June - August) - The summer season is known for temperatures hitting 50 degrees Celsius with scorching heat and humidity in the air. Therefore, it is not a great time to visit Dubai as one cannot indulge in outdoor activities like sightseeing and exploring the beaches. Also, since it is the time Ramadan is observed, one may have difficulty in finding cafes and restaurants.
Shoulder Season (April - May, Sept - October) - This is the shoulder season between summers and winters in Dubai. Although it is hot in Dubai, the temperature ranges around 28 degrees Celsius which makes it an ideal time to enjoy swimming and other beach activities. It's also a great time for budget vacationers who can enjoy good deals and discounts on hotels this time.
Peak Season (November - March) - This is one of the best times to visit Dubai as the temperature hovers between 17 degrees to 30 degree Celsius. This is a splendid time to explore the beaches and spend your time in numerous outdoor activities. However, it’s the peak season in Dubai with everyone flocking to this city at its best, one may find difficulty in booking hotels for their vacation.
What are the best ways to travel in and around Dubai?Dubai offers an incredible experience when you are travelling in and around the city. After reaching Dubai one can choose roadways to go from one place to another. One can either book a limousine to have a luxurious experience. Otherwise there are buses as well to help you explore the city. Dubai has good road connectivity even to different places like Abu Dhabi, Ajman and Masafi through buses operated by Road Transport Authority of Dubai.
What currency is used in Dubai?The currency used in Dubai is the UAE Dirham which is represented as Dhs or AED. US $ 1 is equal to 3.675 Dhs. The notes in Dirhams are of different values like 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200, 500 and 1000. The 200 note and the 1000 note look similar so that be very careful while you use them. The notes of Dhs 100 can be taken while you travel around and explore and some lower values as well if you would like to do shopping. The coins available are the silver Dhs 1. 50 fils and 25 fils.
Also, major international credit and debit cards can also be used in large shops and hotels. You can make use of the bank services which will be available on all working days from Saturday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 01:00 pm. There are a lot of currency exchange centres placed in malls and souks.
Is a visa required for Dubai?Yes, you need a visa to visit Dubai. Apart from the citizens of Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Monaco, New Zealand, People's Republic of China, Russian Federation, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City, other countries’ citizens require a visa to visit UAE. In total, citizens from 48 countries apart from GCC nations can get a Visa on arrival and it cannot be renewed after 90 days of your stay.
Getting a Visa is depending on several factors like the nationality, the purpose of your visit and the duration of your stay. To get a pre-arranged visa, you can apply through online on Emirates.com. If you have a relative or family member living in UAE, they can apply for visas on your behalf and but it is mandatory that they should be the residents of the UAE.
Also Checkout: Best Dubai Honeymoon Packages
How long does it take to get a visa to Dubai? How much does it cost for a tourist visa to Dubai?Based on the type of visa you are applying for, the duration to get it processed will be varying. Normal Visa will take around 3 to 4 working days to reach you while Express Visa will be processed in 1 to 2 working days but there is an extra charge than Normal Visa to be paid. You will get the Urgent Visa in 24 hours but it has comparatively more charges than the other two visas.
The cost of a tourist visa to Dubai from India depends on the agency you will be applying through. The basic prices currently the agencies are following are as given below: Tourist Visa starting from INR 5290 Express Tourist Visa starting from INR 7440
Is there visa on arrival in Dubai?The nationals of the following countries will get a visa on arrival in Dubai. Andorra, Australia, Brunei, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Monaco, New Zealand, People's Republic of China, Russian Federation, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United Kingdom, United States of America, Vatican City are the major countries which do not need a pre-arranged vis to come to Dubai. In total, citizens from 48 countries apart from GCC nations can get a Visa on arrival and it cannot be renewed after 90 days of your stay.
Do you need a visa for connecting flights in UAE?If your connecting flight is within 8 hours from your arrival at the airport, you need not have a visa but if the flight takes more than 8 hours, the authorities may ask you for a UAE visa. There are around 48 countries which would not need a pre-arranged visa. The nationals from these countries can get a visa on arrival at the airport.
Do you need a visa to transit through Abu Dhabi?If you are staying at the international airport in less than four hours, then you will not need a transit visa. However, if the time is extended, you have to check with your airlines to get a transit visa if you are travelling through Abu Dhabi. Nationals from 48 countries declared by the UAE government would get a visa on arrival at the airport. But others would need a transit visa if you are spending more than the prescribed duration at the airport.
What is the temperature in Daytime and Night time in Dubai? How is the general climate in Dubai?Depending on the season, the temperature level in Dubai varies. During summer season, the day temperature may go up to 45-47* Celsius and evening temperature around 30* Celsius. During winter, the average high temperature is 30-32* Celsius and low temperature is at an average of 20-22* Celsius.
The natives say there is only two types of climatic conditions, hotter and the hottest. Since the vast deserts spreading across its borders cause the air to be hot always, most of the countries in the UAE experience unpredictably severe hot climatic conditions. During winter also, the temperature level will not fall down more than a limit.
Check Out: Dubai Weather-Temperature Guide
What is the ideal duration for a holiday in Dubai?To explore Dubai at its best, one would have to take around seven days to eight days tour of Dubai. Within this timeframe, one can visit the major attractions and do some adventurous activities.
Is it worth visiting Dubai for honeymoon?Yes, Dubai is an amazing place to plan for planning a honeymoon trip. Not just the attractions but the umpteen number of activities would leave you awe-struck for your whole life. The luxuriously beautiful hotels, the captivating beaches, the man-made wonders like Burj Khalifa, the water based activities which are highly exciting, the famous museum, the delicious cuisines both Arabic and international available at the neatly done restaurants, the dynamic nights etc make a honeymoon tour of Dubai a doubtless choice.
Suggested Read: 50 Best Places to Visit in Dubai For Honeymoon
Where is Dubai mall? Is it an ideal destination for shopping?The famous Dubai Mall is the centre where the new concepts of shopping and exploring the markets is followed. It is the nineteenth largest shopping mall in the world in terms of total area. The shopping complex is a part of the wide Downtown complex in Dubai opening 1200 shops.
To spend a leisure time or to buy quality stuff, Dubai Mall can be a nice option since it has numerous local and branded shops. The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo is the major attraction of the mall that surprises both adults and kids equally.
Suggested Read: 15 Best Things to do in Dubai Mall
Where is the Dubai Fountain situated?Dubai Fountain is located on the extensive manmade lake at Burj Khalifa in Dubai and is equipped with 6600 lights and 25 coloured projectors. It is located at the centre of Dubai Downtown development, the major development project of Dubai government. Book Dubai Fountain Lake Ride at Flat 15% Off
Which are the best water parks in Dubai?
The famous water parks in Dubai include the following:
- Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark: Known for its adventurous zip lines and slides, Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark is a fun-filled getaway. It has Dubai’s largest aquarium with more than 65000 marine animals and also hosts Dolphin Educational Performance for the visitors as a recreational activity. One of the major attractions of Dubai Atlantis Aquaventure Waterpark is the slide called Leap of Faith which carries you into a pool filled with sharks.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark: It's an outdoor water park in Dubai which promises you wild fun with their slides like Tantrum Alley and surfing experience like Wipeout Flowrider. The surfing experience here is quite unique and the waterpark is famous for being based on the tales of Juha, a character from Arabian folklore. Along with the adrenaline pumping attractions it offers great options for food which ranges from gourmet barbeque to freshly made pizza.
- Legoland Water Park: This family theme park in Dubai is renowned as the first Legoland park in the Middle East. With a number of slides and other attractions, Legoland Water Park is where one can enjoy a number of activities like build a boat or raft along with splash safari and have fun on more than 20 water slides. One of the popular rides here is the Dragon Coaster which is Dubai’s biggest ride.
- Dreamland waterpark: One of UAE’s largest theme park, this place is known for 30 water attractions with waterside camping, Mini Zoo, and sports facilities. The waterpark is a nice way to beat the heat in summers either by relaxing in the private wooden cabanas, enjoying a party or camping with your loved ones.
- Laguna Waterpark: This unique water park in Dubai has four zones called Surf, Relax, Slide, and Splash to enjoy a fun-filled day in the sun. With exhilarating rides like Constrictor, Freefall, Loop, Mad Racer, and Mantra, Laguna Waterpark is a thrilling getaway to relax and unwind with the whole family.
- AquaFun: At AquaFun, one can look forward for an unforgettable aqua adventure as it is the world’s largest inflatable aqua park. The waterpark is a breathtaking place to visit to enjoy the water slides and have a recreational outdoor experience from morning to sunset. With a capacity of approximately 500 people, AquaFun promises an enthralling getaway for all.
- Splash n Party: For a relaxing getaway, Splash n Party is where you can have a fun day for the whole family. It has numerous splash pads, slides, water guns, and other water-based activities. It is an excellent place to have a memorable theme based parties for the kids where one can host birthday parties and other special events.
- Yas waterpark: Yas Waterpark is famous for offering amazing adventures like taking a plunge from a mountaintop, shooting cannons out of a rollercoaster and sliding inside a giant snake. Along with its water activities, it has more than 40 slides, dining options, shopping venues, and other spectacular events. The iconic waterpark is a must-visit for people of all ages in Dubai. You can also book Yas Waterworld Tickets.
Which are the top UAE attraction tickets You can book via Thrillophilia?
Is it worth visiting Dubai for adventure?Yes, from the extensive arena of golden sand dunes to the clear blue sky above, everything here will spread the carpet for adventure lovers. There are various extreme sports that one can experience in Dubai. Be it skydiving, paragliding, parasailing, dune bashing, desert safari, camel safari, fishing, diving, snorkeling, exploring the adventurous theme parks, beach based activities, everything in Dubai is an unavoidable perk that would make any level adventurist to linger on the land of sand.
Which places are best known for adventure in Dubai?The Hatta Desert and other desert areas in Dubai are really awesome to do some adventurous activities like desert safari, dune bashing, buggy ride, sand wakeboard, hot air balloon ride etc. Jebel Ali, Wild Wadi Waterpark, the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Emirates Diving Federation Dubai, and the Jumeirah, Water Sports, Swimming - Palm Beach and Jumeirah Beach, the Dubai Ladies Club, Pavilion Dive Centre at Jumeirah Beach Hotel etc are some of the most famous centers where you can enjoy theme based adventures.
Where is Ferrari World? What is special about this place?A thrilling amusement park on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi is the famous Ferrari World. It is the first branded theme park by Ferrari and possesses the largest space frame structure in the world. Formula Rossa which is known as the fastest roller coaster is located at this park. It was opened to the public in 2010 and is considered to be the leading theme park with some of the best rides in UAE. The thrilling roller coasters which can be enjoyed here are Fiorano GT Challenge, Formula Rossa, Mission Ferrari, Flying Aces and Turbo Track. Ride the World's Fastest Rollercoaster and book your tickets for Full Day Ferrari World Tour Flat 10% Off
Are there any beaches where I should go?The Persian Gulf coast arranges some of the best beaches in Dubai that will give you extreme fun and entertainment. The Jumeirah Beach at Dubai Marina is a crowded yet beautiful beach. The Jumeirah beach residences arrayed on the background of the JBR beach are quite stunning and an extensive stretch of silky sand. With the amazing backdrop of Burj Al Arab, the vast stretch of white sand on the Burj Beach is a relishing space to have a relaxed time. The Kite Beach is the paradise for kite surfers and similar adventure activities. Located just behind the Sunset Mall in Jumeirah, the sunset beach is a favourite destination of tourists.
Black Palace Beach is the secret gem of Dubai and a lovely beach for families. The scenic trail on the shore of Al Mamzar Beach would enable you relive the lost childhood thoroughly.
What kind of nightlife I can experience in Dubai?Dubai boasts the best nightlife conditions in the world. The glittering skyscrapers pave the way for the tourists to reach the most vibrant night clubs and pubs where they can enjoy the international performances, music and concerts along with the sizzling, delicious delicacies from all over the world. A lot of people love Dubai because of its lovely nightlife pictures. Since there are a lot of shopping centers opened late night also, people love to roam around and enjoy the night life at its best.
Which all buildings are the tallest in Dubai?With Burj Khalifa topping the list of tallest buildings in Dubai, the city accommodates a number of glittering skyscrapers. The other major tall buildings are Marina 101, Princess Tower, 23 Marina, Elite Residence, Almas Tower, JW Marriott Marquis Tower 1 and 2, Emirates Office Tower, the Torch, Al Yaqub Tower, the Index, Burj Al Arab, HHR Tower, Jumeirah Emirates Tower Hotel, the Address the BLVD and so on. Over 100 tall buildings are spreading across the blue sky of Dubai city. There are some more buildings under construction to lead the list of the tallest buildings in the world like the Tower at Dubai Creek Harbour, Entisar Tower etc.
Which are some famous streets in Dubai?There are quite a number of streets is Dubai which are known as the budgeted shoppers’ stop an tourists come here to know the inimitable pulse of Dubai natives and here you can get a lot of stuff at cheaper rates, be it clothes, food or jewelry. Al Diyafah Street is quite prominent among them and it is located in Satwa, Bur Dubai where you can find a lot of cafes and restaurants. Burj Dubai Boulevard is yet another famous street where tourists are seen in plenty.
Textile souk or Meena Bazar is a beautiful local center where you can enjoy some amazing shopping by bargaining. Al Faheidi Street, Karama Shopping Street etc are some of the famous streets people usually visit when they come to Dubai.
Also Read: 25 Best Street Food in Dubai
Which ethnic food is special in Dubai?Most delicious traditional food available in Dubai is stuffed camel, Al Harees, Hummus, Al Machboos, Iranian Sangak and Chelo Kebab, Yemen Mandi, etc.
Is vegetarian food easily available in Dubai?There are various restaurants which serve vegetarian dishes as well along with non-vegetarian dishes but also the number of pure vegan restaurants is quite impressive. A lot of restaurants are found at Karama Centre, Jumeirah, Bur Dubai and others which are mostly Indian restaurant and serve various South Asian cuisines.
Popular Read: 30 Best Indian Restaurants in Dubai
Where can I do desert safari in Dubai?There are a lot of desert safari providers in Dubai which allow you to enjoy this exciting activity and club it with some adventure activities like dune bashing, buggy ride, camel safari etc. Deira is a famous spot for desert safaris in Dubai where 4 x 4 vehicles are provided to let you enjoy this adventure to its fullest.
Which is the best/cheapest mode of travel while in Dubai?The cheapest mode of travel when in Dubai is the metro service which runs on different routes. Most of the famous attractions have nearby metro stations, hence one can easily reach there in no time and with less expenditure. Additionally, if the climate is right, you can rent out a bike or bicycle to explore the city.
Can I go for a helicopter ride in Dubai?Yes, you can go for a helicopter ride in Dubai to enjoy the bird’s eye view of the city and feel overjoyed. You can choose any provider and book a fifteen minute or 1 hour helicopter ride. The rates depend on the service providers and the minimum amount will be around 200 USD.
Can I go for a cruise ride in Dubai?Yes, you can go for a cruise ride in Dubai. Different types of cruises are available like day cruise package, with stay cruise, dinner cruise, and party cruise and others. There are multiple yachts, dhows, boats and ships which provide the best floating trip on the Persian Gulf with a view of the glittering Dubai Marina and the other creeks.
Which places are best for photography in Dubai?Everything in Dubai is worth a photographs due to the brilliant architecture and craftsmanship. Some of the best photographic locations and buildings are as follows:
-Jumeirah Public Beach
-The Grand Mosque
-Dubai Desert Conservation Center
-Dubai Flower Garden
-The Dhow Yard at Dubai Creek
Can I rent a bike, car etc. to travel within Dubai?Yes, you can rent a bike or car to travel within Dubai if you have an international driving licence or anyone with a valid license of UAE can drive. But the cost would be a little higher and if you don’t want to be lost, it is better to use the service of Uber or Taxis.
Is there a dress code to follow in Dubai?Since Dubai is an Islam country which preserves its tradition and culture so intact, they prefer those who live there and come to visit should respect the culture and values. Hence it is always good to dress modestly in public. It is better to avoid shorts and transparent clothes. At the beach and parks, swimsuit and bikinis are allowed but try to avoid wearing those to visit the restaurants and pubs nearby.
For men, there are some restrictions as well and they are not allowed to roam the city without wearing shirts or T-shirts in public.
Must Read: Dubai Travel Guide
What all types of cuisines I can find in Dubai?Since Dubai is the melting pot of varying cultures from different parts of the world, no one has to worry about the food items available here. But the traditional Arabic cuisines have a lot of admirers and it is a paradise for those who love to eat meat. Mutton Achar Handi, Rice Cheong Fun, the favourite camel meat, fish items, kebabs etc would let you linger for more days.
For vegetarians also, there are hundreds of varieties available at restaurants and street food stalls. International, Chinese, Indian, continental, English, Japanese, Thai, Malaysian and what not; all types of cuisines are available at any restaurants overall in Dubai.
You may also like: 25 Best Restaurants in Dubai Marina
Which places are best for film/video shooting?There are a lot of scenic locations in Dubai that would arrange the best backdrop to shoot a video or for filming. It is proven by a number of Hollywood as well as Indian movies shot there. The vast desert is a scintillating location to shoot different types of videos or even a photo shoot. Action sequences, romantic scenes, family time etc can be shot here and they would look amazing here. Burj Khalifa building has been used for many movie shooting and the sights from the top would really be enthralling.
Palm Jumeirah, the Arabic traditional buildings and houses found everywhere, the Dubai Mall, the Dubai Fountain, the Dubai Marina and the beaches nearby, Deira, Jumeirah Mosque, Gold and Spice Souk, the Hatta Desert, the Dubai Creek etc are some of the major locations people love to shoot videos.
Is there any religious stance in Dubai?Islam is the prominent religion in Dubai which is followed by 76% of the population. From time immemorial the Emiratis have been following the beliefs of Muslin religion but they have opened their doors to Hindus and Sikhs, Christianity, Buddhism in the later periods when the economic development of the country was depending on the trades happening between other nearby countries.
Does one have easy access to alcohol in Dubai? What is the legal drinking age?The availability is limited to hotels and private clubs which serve the best alcohols. But none can drink alcohol on the street or in public. During the month of Ramadan, the consumption and selling of alcohol are strictly prohibited because for the natives, this is the holiest month in their calendar when they fast for the whole day and have food only at night and early morning.
The age limit to get alcohol and to drink alcohol in Dubai is 21. It is illegal to sell alcohol to anyone who has not turned 21 here in Dubai but the limit is 18 in Abu Dhabi.
Which restaurants serve the best food in Dubai?If you are a food lover, then Dubai is a perfect fit for you to try out multi cuisines coming from the different parts of the world since Dubai started embracing almost all the cultures found in the world. La Petite Maison is one of the best restaurants in the world. It focusses on French dishes as well as Mediterranean dishes. Al Iwan is the best one where you will get the traditional tastes of Emirati food items. Armani or Amal is where the tastiest Indian delicacies are introduced to the foreign land. Zheng He is the most superb choice to eat out authentic Chinese food and Tomo by Takahashi serves the scrumptious Japanese food items. Zuma is also another favourite name loved by Japanese food hunters.
Pierchic serves the authentic European style food, Eauzone offers the modern Asain delicacies and many other favourite food items can be found at shopping malls and street food stalls. Dubai will not disappoint you when it comes to food.
Explore More: 35 Best Restaurants in Dubai
What are the best things to do in Dubai for Kids?1. Enjoy a Day Out to Legoland Dubai: If you have a playful child, include a visit to the famous Legoland in your Dubai travel packages. Children can enjoy lego-themed rides, building experiences, and shows in this fully featured amusement park.
2. Spend some time at Motiongate™ Dubai Theme Park: While on your Dubai trip, pay a visit to Motiongate™ Dubai Theme Park. You can enjoy a wide range of entertainment options including roller coasters and multimedia theatre shows in this theme park.
3. Experience a Beach Day at Jumeirah Beach Park: Head for a beach day at Jumeirah Beach Park and enjoy picnicking on the perfect blend of grassland and sand. You can also enjoy volleyball and live bbq in this hybrid park.
4. Visit the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo: Take a walk through one of the world’s largest suspended aquariums, the Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo. Witness over 140 marine species, go snorkeling, and enjoy a shopping spree.
Also Explore: Best Things to Do in Dubai with Kids
The Burj Khalifa, a renowned skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates is the tallest structure and building in the whole wide world. It boasts a height of 2722 feet with the roof soaring up to an elevation of 2717 feet. It was developed for Dubai to gain recognition on an international level.It was originally given the name of Burj Dubai but was later renamed in the honor of Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, United Arab Emirates’ President and the ruler of Abu Dhabi.The building is designated as the world's tallest one and has led to break numerous height records. The Burj Khalifa is a mixed-use development designed to be a large scale centrepiece. It boasts a total of 9 hotels including the renowned The Address Downtown Dubai, 30,000 homes, a minimum of 19 residential skyscrapers, 7.4 acres of parkland, 12 hectares of artificial Burj Khalifa Lake, and the Dubai Mall.Back in the year, 2010 in the month of January an outdoor observation deck by the name of 'At The Top' opened on the 124th floor of the building. Featuring a height of 1483 feet, it was the world's height outdoor observation deck. Although, in the year 2011 it was surpassed by Cloud Top 488 of the Canton Tower featuring a height of 1601 feet. Once again, Burj Khalifa gave the highest observation deck to the world when it opened the 1821 feet high 148th-floor SKY level in the year 2014 on October 15th. The record was overtaken in June 2016 when the Shanghai Tower came up with an observation deck boasting a height of 1840.55 feet.The observation deck on the 124th-floor features an augmented reality device, the electronic device by Gsmprjct° of Montréal. The device allows tourists to view the beautifully landscaped surroundings in real-time. It also allows them to relish the previously taken and saved images such that the ones taken under several weather conditions at different times of the day.The management works well to reduce the rush of daily sightseers by allowing them to buy tickets for a specific time and date in advance at a 75% discounted price as compared to when purchased on spot. When the visibility is high and the tide is low, one can view the Iran shores from the skyscraper top.Planning a Dubai Trip, Checkout: Best Holiday Tour Packages to DubaiHere are a few facts about the Burj Khalifa:1. Burj Khalifa is the ultimate venue for the Dubai New Year's Eve celebration, a unique global spectacle. 2. Burj Khalifa utilized 39000 tons of steel reinforcement, 330 000 cubic meters of concrete, 103 000 square meters of high-quality glass, and 15500 square meters of embossed stainless glass.3. The skyscraper became the tallest man-made structure in the world just one thousand three hundred and twenty-five days after excavation work started in the year 2004.4. The skyscraper was named after Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the ruler of Abu Dhabi.5. There are fifty-seven lifts in Burj Khalifa, including fifty-five single decks and two double decks. 6. Burj Khalifa has two observation decks - one on the 125 and 124th floors and another one on the 148th floor. 7. Watching the sunset from Burj Khalifa's lower deck is a breathtaking experience. From a height of over four hundred and fifty-two meters, you can watch the sunset in the Arabian desert. 8. Burj Khalifa offers you an option to dine at the highest and the most famous restaurant in the world - At.mosphere. Burj Khalifa also has many other restaurants like Armani Amal, Armani Mediterraneo, Armani Ristorante, Armani Deli, Armani Hashi, and Armani Lounge.Explore the world of butterflies by booking Butterfly Garden Tickets in DubaiBurj Khalifa FireworksCelebrate New Year Eve in style by watching the amazing display of the fireworks from Burj Khalifa. This iconic building lights up to its full glory during the New Year and becomes the center of attraction for everyone. The duration of the Burj Khalifa display is around twenty minutes making it one of the largest and the longest firework displays.Burj Khalifa is fully illuminated in different colors through the fireworks display, and you can capture this amazing phenomenon on your camera. The fireworks are lit after the stroke of midnight, but you should arrive as early as possible to get a good spot to watch this phenomenal spectacle.Awaken the adrenaline rush by indulging in Sky Diving in Dubai
The innovative and unique Museum of the Future in Dubai is an exciting new addition to the Dubai skyline. Listed as one of the most innovative structures in the world, this futuristic museum is poised to become one of the most exciting tourist attractions in the city. It gives visitors valuable insight into the future of human technology and innovation with practical exhibits, amazing installations and unique inventions that are yet to be introduced to the world population. At the Museum of the Future, you can get a glimpse into the human potential – and what the world could look like a few decades down the line. Along with the exhibits, the very structure of the museum is reflective of its innovation – where a portion of the building was made by robots. The exterior is defined by massive steel panels with Arabic inscriptions, which makes the museum as distinctive as other iconic structures in Dubai including the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Frame. You can explore 7 floors of fantastic installations and exhibits that let you imagine a world several years in the future. It is also a wonderful place for children to familiarize themselves with technology and its unending potential. Museum of the Future encourages visitors to ask imaginative questions such as “What would a world where robots take care of the elderly, look like” and “Can AI help humans get superhuman powers like running faster than usual?” All these aspects of the Museum of the Future will allow you to transport yourself to the future and experience a world that is as yet, inaccessible to most of mankind. It is a one-of-a-kind experience that is impossible to find anywhere else in the world, one which will make your trip to Dubai a truly life-changing experience.Here is the Design and Architecture of the Museum of the Future Dubai:The Museum has been constructed by Killa Designs using the latest technology in design and construction. AI and robotics technology have been used to precision-cut almost 1000 moulds that make up the unique exterior of the museum. The shape of the museum represents the sky and the earth, inspired by Feng-Shui philosophies.One of the most distinctive features of the design is the Arabic calligraphy that is carved into the steel paneling, which are all quotes from the Prime Minister of Dubai talking about the future of the country. There are 7 levels which are connected by an elevated walkway that leads to the Metro Station, and also a bridge that links the museum directly with the Emirates Towers.Experience The Visual World By Booking: Museum of the Future Tickets
Have you ever been to a floral wonderland where there are stunning floral displays that make you fall in love with them? The Miracle Gardens in Dubai would be a great place to visit in your winter break if not. The arrangement is nothing less than a miniature world of floral wonders spread over an area covering about 72,000 sq. ftAdding to the uniqueness of this floral world is the fact that it is home to nearly 50 million flowers blooming all over to embrace the luxuriousness of this beautiful imagination. Some of the most common ones are marigolds, petunias, and geraniums. This exhibition includes a replica of the stunning Burj Khalifa as well as arcs, tombs, huts, and houses decorated with vibrant flowers.You're welcomed by quirky layouts and heart-shaped passageways. There are many attractions here, including Disney Avenue, Emirates A380, Lost Paradise, Cabanas, Floral Clock, Gazebos, 3D floral designs, and lake parks.Dubai Miracle Garden offers more than sightseeing activities, if that's what you think about it. In fact, there are a lot more things to do here. The passageways are perfect for strolling and relaxing at cabanas, or you can dine at the international food restaurants and kiosks. The choice is yours! Additionally, there's a butterfly garden here, wherein butterfly enthusiasts have a tough time tracking and spotting the 15000 free-flying butterflies.As this beautiful piece of land is located in Dubai that is not ideally not suitable for growing flowers, it requires a great deal of maintenance. The floral beauty you see today is maintained by a team of well-trained and experienced horticulturists. Read on to learn more about Dubai Miracle Garden.Explore the world largest flower garden by booking Miracle Garden Dubai Tickets
When we talk about desert safari the first place that strikes your mind is Dubai. Dubai has always been a favorite destination when it comes to desert adventure. One such favoured activity is the Desert safari in Dubai . Enjoy riding through the desert while enjoy riding through the desert while soaking in the scenic views.The timings of your tour depend on the packages which you are choosing from. While in Dubai you can find of number of tour operators which provides you with the best desert safari. There are also night safari, evening safari and day safari in Dubai. Highlights: Halt to watch the lovely dusk before reaching your destination where you have the chance to enjoy a camel ride, sand boarding and experiment with henna close by or feet.Location: Dubai Desert, Dubai.Price: The approximate price for this activity starts from AED 200.
From the moment you enter The World of Banksy - The Immersive Experience will captivate you and compel you to look at everyday life with a fresh perspective. The highly demonstrative works of a popular street artist, famously recognized as ‘Banksy’, are displayed in a massive 1,000 sq m space in the Theater on level two of the Mall of Emirates. It takes you on a journey through a series of rooms which are organized by the location the paintings originally appeared in.Every Banksy exhibition in the world is unauthorized, with the artist encouraging everyone to 'copy and borrow' his art. The World of Banksy is a careful selection of 120 recreated pieces from all the artworks created by the artist since the mid-1990s that have been curated to dazzle the visitors, including the most iconic murals and street art such as Girl with a Balloon, the Flower Thrower, the Mobile Lovers and many more.The mysterious curiosity that is present in the air of this exhibition will lead you on to discover the artwork that has disappeared from the streets. Any art enthusiast will cherish this opportunity to admire the greatest work of this notorious creator from all across the world in one place in Dubai.Click here to Book: Museum of the Future Tickets Dubai
Wild Wadi Water Park is an internationally renowned water park located in the Jumeirah area of Dubai near the famous Burj Al Arab. Owned and operated by the world-renowned hotel group, Jumeirah International, Wild Wadi Water Park is listed amongst the 20 best water parks in the world.This exciting park offers over 30 odd rides and activities for the entire family to enjoy. Built-in 1999 the park aimed at giving its visitors a boost of adrenaline rush that can’t be experienced anywhere else. Besides the adrenaline pumping activities, this water park in Dubai also has many relaxing and fun rides.The Park has an intriguing theme right out of the Arabian Nights. It showcases the journey of Juha along with his seafaring companion, Sindbad. The theme has been so beautifully designed and implemented that it won the park the World Water Park Association Industry Innovation Award for design and theme.This Park is also ISO certified with state of the art quality in technological advancements and safety measures. The Wild Wadi Water Park is the fastest growing water parks in the world owing to its constantly evolving attractions and the sheer thrill enjoyed by its visitors. The Wild Wadi Water Park has the Burj Surje ride which is the only slide with two bowls in the world.The Park has 5 restaurants and snack bars within the premises and carts moving around the property selling ice creams, popcorn, and cotton candy. The Park also has two gift shops selling souvenirs and other essentials like swimming diapers, anti-slip socks for kids, etc.Suggested Read: Adventure Activities in Dubai
Located in the Creek Park, Dubai Dolphinarium gives you complete liberty to spend some rejuvenating time with the marvelous dolphins and seals. From a unique family entertainment zone to now being one of the most adored places to visit in Dubai, this Dolphinarium offers you an incredible adventure with these water mammals.These beautiful creatures are professionally trained to exhibit the brilliance of their skills and water stunts. So, don’t be amazed if you witness a dolphin dancing to the tunes or seal playing with balls. They are all here to entertain you to their best efforts. Seek a delightful holiday from your routine stress and indulge yourself in the live stunts and performances of these creatures.Dubai Dolphinarium schedules exclusive shows for exhibiting the live performances of their talented sea creatures. So, when you plan your visit here at Dubai Dolphinarium, just make sure that you schedule it in accordance with these shows. To add-on to your excitement, Dubai Dolphinarium tour offers you a chance to swim with these notorious dolphins under special observation.Well, that’s not all that Dubai Dolphinarium has got to offer you. There are a plethora of exotic bird species waiting for their turn to present their skills and tricks before you. The bird show organized here will truly indulge you in the bird’s world where you can interact with these aerial species so closely like you might have never experienced before.Mirror Maze, 5D /7D cinematic experience, trampoline, and virtual reality shows organized here are worthy of being a part of. While some of them are meant to challenge your thinking ability, others are meant for complete entertainment.
Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, one of the awe-inspiring man-made wonders comprises of 3 sections that present a captivating sight to the visitors interested in exploring the unrestrained aquatic life in DubaiDubai Aquarium is a gargantuan 10-million litre tank located on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall. One of the largest suspended aquariums admeasuring 51 meters long, 20 meters deep, and 11 meters high houses 140 species of thousands of exciting marine animals amidst artificial coral.33,000 vibrant marine creatures including 400 sharks and rays, large sea bass, and shoals of oceanic fish that habitat the aquarium enthuse the kids and adults alike. The tank is known for its largest collection of Sand Tiger sharks in the world. The public can view the aquarium through the world’s largest acrylic panel for free from the Mall.Located on the ground floor of the Dubai Mall, the 48-meter walk-through tunnel takes the visitors on a fascinating journey of marine life. It offers a 270-degree view of the aquarium from 11 meters below the surface of the tank and presents visitors an option to capture aquatic life through their camera lens.Underwater Zoo, situated above the tank on level two is segregated into 3 ecological zones – Rainforest, Rocky Shore, and Living Ocean. The 40 individual display tanks bring visitors face to face with an astounding range of aquatic creatures that inhabit both rivers and oceans.Be bedazzled by a menagerie of exotic and weird critters such as Piranhas, African dwarf crocodiles, Lionfish, Sea horses, Archerfish, Nautilus, Water rats, Cichlids, etc. A cynosure of Underwater Zoo is 5.1m long Australian saltwater lake crocodile names King Croc. The monstrous reptile that 40 yrs old and weighs 750kg, sends shivers down the spine of the visitors.Snakes, lizards, Giant Spider Crabs, and other nocturnal desert denizens of UAE such as an Arabian toad, and veiled chameleons also inhabit the Underwater Zoo.The ‘lunar-cyclic’ lighting system that changes the ambiance of the tank based on the time of the day mesmerizes the visitors.Explore the Beautiful Underwater World by Booking Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo Tickets