About Global Village Dubai
Regarded as one of the most awaited family entertainment events in Dubai city, The Global Village is a grand cultural spectacle to raise its curtains to an international horde of attendees. This global village brings together travellers and visitors from all over the world to relish a consortium of shopping and entertainment features. In the year 2019, the global village hosted its 23rd season of the colourful event in Dubai.
During the period when the event is hosted, the weather in Dubai is generally comfortable and pleasing. This, combined with the fact that you can get a chance to taste a zesty array of culinary experiences in one place, makes the global village an international success, which is worthy of all the attention that it gets. If you are planning to come here only for the fireworks, you may be in for a surprise, because things are just getting started when those fireworks set the night sky ablaze with sparkles and shine. The grandeur of the place is a surprise to witness and the wonderful hospitality extended by the people of Dubai is an experience which you are going to find elsewhere with hard luck.
A global village is an exciting event, hosted in Dubai, where multiple nations come together to set up their pavilion, offering a complete experience of culture, shopping arenas, food and much more. For each nation, one pavilion is designated, where the endless display of their unique offerings, readily takes the visitors by joy and excitement. Thousands of retail outlets set up shop here, wherein visitors can grab an array of products and specialities on an international scale. There are many fun activities for adults as well as for kids, with theatre and rides to enjoy on. The guest happiness index has been constantly touching a perfect score of 9 on 10 for the past many seasons now, with the next seasons predicted to perform even higher.
The popularity of the place can be made out by the fact that people especially plan their trip to Dubai around the time of this festival. The global village is a popular platform for nations to represent themselves and for people to get to know more about them. Guests who arrive here, never turn back empty-handed, for this global village gives them a lifetime worth of memories to cherish.
If you do not already know, Season 23 of the village witnessed more than 4,30,000 visitors who travelled to UAE to celebrate the occasion of the National Day. The event also witnesses international performances including concerts, which are performed by singers from all over the world. A number of pavilions are arranged, where visitors can catch a glimpse of monumental displays and cultural displays from more than 70 countries, perfectly highlighting the features of different countries.
Also Checkout: Best Tourist Attractions in Dubai
How to Reach Global Village Dubai
You can take your pick from these options when travelling to the global village from Dubai Airport:
Metro/Taxi: Take the red line to First Gulf bank and then take a taxi to Global village, reaching in 50 minutes.
Drive: Drive your car from the airport to the village and travel 28 km.
Bus: Take the red line to reach Rashidiya and transfer to the metro bus stop to reach the blue tower. Finally, take a taxi to reach the village.
Also Checkout: 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
Best Time to Visit Global Village Dubai
If you are looking forward to visiting the global village, make your pick from the type of events that you will like to see at the village. For fireworks display, the days Thursday and Friday are best. For a family outing, choose Monday and if you wish to find the least rush at the event, choose any other day of the week.
Suggested Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai
What Not to Miss at Global Village Dubai
Wondering what to do while visiting the global village? Here is your list to complete your trip -
1. Get to see the world in one day: With more than 30 pavilions lined up for your eyes to witness, this is a rare opportunity to catch multiple nationalities under one nation. This is a unique chance to catch the culture and traditions of all these nations in one single day.
2. Catch live shows and performances: You will be lucky to catch international singers, hailing from nations all over the world, performing their hits at this event. The fun amplifies when all the performances are performed live with fantastic lights and sounds.
3. Catch the popular monster stunt show, haunted house and much more: Get ready for some adventure and thrill because the event has a heavy dose of adventure and adrenaline to give to you. Live street performances are a typical feature of the event and you will be lucky to participate yourself in some of the live escape games and shows.
4. Visit the Fantasy Island: Take your family and kids to ultimate entertainment at the Fantasy Island, which is among the latest additions to the global village. The rides in this park are enough to win your heart. Your little ones will find ample activities to participate in.
5. Pack your shopping bags with amazing stuff: For a place which is packed with such a wide array of cultures, traditions and ethnicities, there is hard not to find something to shop. Surprisingly, all nations bring some of their selective goods to offer to the visitors and guess what, you can grab as many of these as you like.
6. Relish the taste of multiple cuisines: Visit any pavilion and find their local culinary offering where you can get a taste of the unique delicacies of that nation. You will be able to taste so many offerings from all the nations participating in the event that your stomachs might just get stressed!
7. Revel in the display of fireworks: Twice in the week, you will be able to catch the splendid display of fireworks, which is not ordinary in any sense. These fireworks are truly something to watch with glee and awe.
8. Catch a glimpse of the Emirati Art: Dedicated programs like ‘Live our heritage festival’ and many more, invite you to live the traditional era of Dubai. You can catch conventional and modern arts on display, which are truly depictive of the history and culture which used to prevail over Dubai.
You may also like: 55 Awesome Activities to Do in Dubai
Places to Visit Near Global Village
Looking for places to visit around the global village? We bring to you some of the most selected places to visit when you are in Dubai to enjoy the Global Village.
1. Dubai Land: Designed as a replete entertainment zone for adults and kids alike, Dubai land features many attractions, experiences, retail outlets, theme parks, vacation world, eco-tourism world, sports activities and much more, to entice its visitors. You can take a walk downtown to experience even more fun-filled activities to make your holiday a memorable trip down here. There are many resorts and parks, where you can spend a fun-filled day with your loved ones.
2. Dubai Sports City: This multi-venue sports complex in Dubai incorporates residential, retail, leisure and many recreational facilities. Space has been built around five sports venues and academies. A number of events are hosted all around the year at these venues, which are attended by thousands of travellers from all over the world.
3. Meydan Racecourse: One of the most popular racecourses in Dubai, the grandstands itself are a mile long, regarded as one of the longest in Dubai. More than 50,000 spectators can make it to the stands here. The racecourse hosts a number of events for its spectators all around the year, for which, you can plan in advance.
4. Desert Safari Rides: You might have surely heard about the famous desert safaris in Dubai, with people wearing the symbolic chequered headscarves and shielding themselves from the scalding hot sun and the golden sands. Well, Dubai certainly has a significant appeal to it, with tourists coming here from all over the world to enjoy the delightful experience.
Must Read: 30 Best Places to visit in Dubai with Family
Other Essential Information About Global Village Dubai
Location: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road in Dubai land, east of Arabian Ranches, Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Timings: Each season of the Global village runs through October to April with varying dates and remains open from 4 pm to 12 am from Saturday to Wednesday, and 4 pm to 1 am on Thursday and Friday.
Price: 15 Dirhams is the cost for a ticket to the event. For children below the age of 3 and seniors above the age of 65, the admission is free.
Book your tickets Now: Dubai Global Village tickets (Flat 25% Off)
Tips for Visiting Global Village
Before visiting the global village, here are some tips which you ought to keep in mind:
- The global village is an international event, which is attended by families, children, youngsters and even senior citizens. Attendants are expected to maintain decency at the event by wearing clothes that are modest. Avoid wearing short clothes or sleeveless clothes.
- Parents are advised to keep their kids with them safely. Incidents of children wandering about at the venue are not unknown.
- It is advisable that you make a thorough research about the performances which are planned for the event and decide which one of them you wish to watch so that you can plan your trip accordingly.
- If possible, do visit once during Thursdays or Fridays when the firework shows happen.
- You will be able to find all types of food and beverages inside the village, so there is no need to carry it from outside and add burden on yourself.
Must Read: Travel guide to Dubai for a hassle free experience.