About Fun at Children's CityDubai Children's City is UAE’s first educational city to investigate, explore and learn everything about your surroundings. This place is entirely dedicated to children falling in the age group of 2 to 15 years as those are the most crucial years to lay a strong educational foundation.
Dubai Children’s City is a three-storeyed building and is located close to Creek Park. What makes this place more unique is that here, your child learns how to interact and share his views and opinions with his peers. You could find the presence of several exhibits and interactive programs explicitly designed to train young minds with the natural happenings. Computer, communication, space exploration, nature trail, exploring the human body and others are some of these interactive sessions where your child can participate in.
Throughout the year, the Dubai Children’s City schedules educational workshops to familiarize your child with all the live, national and international cultures around him.
Play Space of the Dubai Children’s City is a vast zone where your child can construct his own house or a bridge. Here, he can also be a part of the recycling team and work on recycling rubbish or be a member of the Children’s City production line. There are innumerable activities to keep your young ones engaged for long hours. There are super-sized computers and other latest technological advancements where technology curious minds may find quality time to invest.
Earth Science Gallery, Planetarium, Toddler’s Area, The Way We Live, International Culture, Nature Centre, Human Body, Space Exploration, and Resource Centre are some of the zones within the Dubai Children’s City.
Dubai Children’s City provides free Wi-Fi facilities, rental facilities, membership services, Braille stories, wheelchair services, baby carriages, umbrella services and locker facilities. The moment you feel hungry, make your way to the Malik Burger, which is located on the ground floor of the Dubai Children’s City. It serves some snacks and other sweet treats. Also, there’s a café called Bon Voyage Children’s City café which overlooks the garden that stretches beyond it.
How to Reach Fun at Children's CityHere’s how you can make your way from Dubai Airport to the Dubai Children’s City –
Route 1 –
Make your way to the Boutik Mall. Here, you will get a bus to drop you at the Zayed 1st St/ St 6. Next, catch Bus No. 34. Get down either at Abu Dhabi Bus Station or Sultan Bin Zayed Station. Bus No. 34 runs after every 30 minutes. Once you get down, head in the direction of Abu Dhabi Central Bus Station – 01. Catch Bus No. E101 from Ibn Battuta Metro Bus Station. Board off at Abu Dhabi, Samha – 02. Reach Al Ghubaiba Bus Station to catch Bus No. E100. Get down at Al Ghubaiba Bus Station – 01 and walk in the direction of Raffa – 01. Wait at Wafi Residencies until you see a Bus No. C7. Get down at Creek Park Main Gate – 01 and finally walk in the direction of Children’s City which is at a distance of around 240 m.
Route 2 –
From Dubai International Airport, you first need to walk in the direction of Zayed 1st St/ Police Station. Take Bus No. 7 from Boutik Mall Bus Station. Once you are on board, get down at Zayed 1st St / St 6 and travel towards Tabreed to catch Bus No. 34. This bus will drop you at the Sultan Bin Zayed St or Abu Dhabi Bus Station. From here, you need to walk towards Abu Dhabi, Central Bus Station – 01. Reach Ibn Battuta Metro Stop to catch Bus No. E101 and get down at Ibn Battuta Metro Bus Station – 04. Reach Burjuman Metro Station. Take an exit from Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed St and walk towards British Embassy – 01. Catch Bus No. C7 from Wafi Residencies to Creek Park Main Gate – 01. Your final destination is now at a distance of around 240 m.
Route 3 –
First, catch Bus No. 7 From Boutik Mall. Get down at Zayed 1st St/ St 6 and board a Bus No. 34 from Tabreed to Sultan Bin Zayed St or Abu Dhabi Bus Station. Walk in the direction of Abu Dhabi Bus Station – 01. Catch Bus No. E101 from Ibn Battuta Metro Bus Stop and make your way to Abu Dhabi, Samha - 02. Next, find a Bus No. E100 at Al Ghubaiba Bus Station and get down after three stops. Walk in the direction of Endurance City Terminus for Bus No. 67 to Wafi City - 01. From here, your final destination is at a distance of around 1.24km.
Best Time to Visit Fun at Children's CitySummers is the best time to visit the Dubai Children’s City as its vacation time for your children. If possible, plan your visit to the Dubai Children’s City during its opening hours to enjoy it to the fullest. Also, try to avoid weekends as Dubai Children’s City is the busiest place during weekends.
What Not to Miss at Fun at Children's CityHere are all where you can visit after enjoying the Dubai Children’s City –
1. Dubai Dolphinarium – Dubai Dolphinarium is Dubai’s unique indoor family entertainment zone where you can walk, swim and dance with the dolphins. There are three regular shows scheduled at the Dubai Dolphinarium – Dolphin & Seal Show, Dolphin Planet and Creek Park Bird Show.
2. Creekside Park – Dubai’s Creekside Park is the nation's second-largest park enclosing vastly stretched lawns, a playing area dedicated entirely for children, and botanical gardens. You can either indulge yourself in watching the dhows show in water or enjoy some interactive shows at the theatre.
3. Dubai Creek Golf & Yacht Club – This golf club offers a luxurious experience with its 18-hole and 3 courses. It homes to a golfing academy, quality restaurants and a clubhouse, and many more attractions to take care of your training and comfort.
4. Essenza Spa – Essenza Spa is Dubai’s premium spa and wellness centre. This centre provides an end-to-end spa and wellness facility beginning from concept development to ultimate operational services.
5. Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary – This is Dubai’s famous wetland reserve. Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary homes to a wide array of migratory bird species, crustaceans, fishes and other small mammals. If you are a bird lover, you will definitely enjoy your time spent here in spotting and identifying them.
6. Wonderland Theme and Water Park – Wonderland Theme and Water Park homes to some of the extensive and best collections of amusement rides. The moment you feel things are a bit hectic for you, you can head towards Flood River to seek some relaxation.
7. St. Mary’s Catholic Church – This is the most serene place in Dubai to seek calmness and blessings of Mother Mary. Locals from nearby villages plan their weekend visit and attend the multi-lingual masses scheduled here. Masses are organized in Malayalam, French, Arabic, English, Konkani, Filipino, and so on. St. Thomas Orthodox Cathedral, Holy Trinity Church, Al Maktoum Stadium are some of the nearby attractions here.
Things to do in Dubai Children's City
Here’s all that you can do at the Dubai Children’s City –
1. Explore what’s hidden beyond Earth Science – This is a new exhibition centre brought ahead by the co-operative efforts of Climate Institute and NOAA. You can dig quality info about the timeline of the universe, earth, or get some global experience.
2. Wander through the planetary system – Dubai Children’s City’s planetarium is quite vast and extensive. Here, you can indulge yourself in educational programs or full-dome shows.
3. Watch your child enjoying at the Toddler’s Area – If your child is below 6 years age, leave him to enjoy at the Toddler’s Area. There are around 30 different exhibits and engaging games for your toddler to entertain himself. Toddler’s area is bifurcated into two separate sections. The first section is dedicated for children below three years of age, and the second one is for children from 3 to 6 years old.
4. Experience the Way We Live – Here, you can find heaps of adventurous exhibits like – trade routes, pearl diving, camel racing, date palm, satellite views, cargo handling, aluminium stamping and so on.
5. Explore the different forms of culture that stretch across the globe – International culture section of the Dubai Children’s City allows you to know what the cultures of other states and countries follow. Here, you can get sufficient information about spices, festivals, games, sports, schooling culture, latitudes and longitudes opinions, clothes, and families around the world.
6. Nature Centre – AV Theatre, Family albums, Sand dunes, Sand & Wind, Finding Shelter, Blooming Deserts, Food Chains and Fish tanks are some attractions to enjoy here.
Other Essential Information About Fun at Children's CityLocation: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Weekdays (Monday to Thursday) – Morning 09:00 am to evening at 07:00 pm.
Weekends (Friday and Saturday) – 02:00 pm to evening at 07:00 pm.
Sunday – Morning 09:00 am to evening 07:00 pm
Here’s the pricing chart for your visit to Dubai Children’s City –
Children (2 to 15 years old): 10 AED (197.22 INR)
Adults (16+ years) : 15 AED (280.85 INR)
Family (Inclusive of two adults and two children): 40 AED (748.92 INR)
Tips for Visiting Children's city
- You are requested to supervise your own children throughout your visit.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your child participates in all the interactive sessions. Participation will help him to reap out the maximum benefit from his or her visit.
- Whenever one gallery is entirely crowded, please move ahead towards another gallery. Meanwhile, you can take a refreshment break and return back. Avoid crowding exhibits and programs and co-operate with the officials of Dubai Children’s City.
- Whatever educational aid you will be receiving on your return from Dubai Children’s City, make sure that you share it with others.
- Before stepping inside the Dubai Children’s City, it is essential to make it a note that smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited. Kindly, do not carry any accessories related to it.
- Punctuality is the essence of entertainment. Be punctual throughout your visit to the Dubai Children’s City to reap the maximum benefits from the live performances, exhibits and workshops.
- Once you are within the premises of the Dubai Children’s City, avoid running here and there. Running will only give rise to mishaps and accidents. Enjoy a peaceful edutainment at the Dubai’s first every informative city.
- Although Dubai Children’s City does not have any predefined dress code, you are requested to dress up with a decent one.
- You won't be allowed to carry and food or drinks around the exhibits and galleries. Also, chewing gums won't be entertained.
- You are responsible for the well-being of your companions and your belongings.
- Make the best use of the locker facility available at the bottom floor of the Dubai Children’s City. Be careful that you don’t store your valuable stuff within those lockers.
- Dubai Children’s City provides Braille story facilities.
- Specially equipped elevators with sidearms, auto door facilities, wheelchair facility, integrated toilets, and specialized car parking facilities are available at the Dubai Children’s City.