About IMG Worlds of Adventure
IMG Worlds of Adventure is a mega themed, air-conditioned, indoor entertainment getaway spread over an expanse of 1.5 million sq. ft, which tantamount to 28 football fields. A coronet of Dubai’s growing tourism and leisure industry, IMG Worlds of Adventure ensures best of recreation to family, adventure-seekers, shopaholics, gourmets, and movie-maniacs. The park comprising of 4 epic adventure zones, 25 retail outlets, 28 restaurants, 100 actors and entertainers and 12-screen Novo cine complex promises awesome and wholesome merriment to visitors of ages and interests. Serviced by 1500 employees, IMG has the capacity to entertain 20,000 explorers a day.
Two of the 4 epic zones are modelled on the topic and characters of global brands like Cartoon Network and Marvel, while the other 2, the IMG Boulevard and Lost Valley- Dinosaur Adventure are the creations of IMG’s think tank. IMG features scores of adrenaline-pumping roller coaster rides, state of the art rides, live shows, interactive games, and attractions that keep wayfarers busy the whole day.
Kids’ will feel over-enthused and enjoy all the activities. Be it, a flight with Quinjets in a fun race in ‘Avengers Flight of the Quinjets’ or a spin with friendly dinosaurs in ‘Dino Carousel’ or safeguarding the village from dinosaurs in ‘Adventure Fortress’ or redressing a school project gone haywire in ‘The Amazing ride of Gumball’ or learning dance steps in Stephanie’s Dance Academy and other adventures in ‘Lazy Town’.
The Velociraptor, Thor, Hulk 3D, Spider-Man, Predator, and Avengers tests the resolve of the grown-ups, help them overcome their limitations and fears and emerge charged and victorious. The Haunted Hotel, an immersive entertainment is another game that challenges the visitors’ psyche and sets their heart racing as they negotiate spooky characters against macabre settings and maze of corridors in their quest to find the exit.
The numerous cafes and restaurants present in 4 epic zones not only quell your growling stomach and replenish your energies with lip-smacking dishes, but share the experience with family and friends in unbelievable interactive settings. IMG’s innumerable retail stores offer sightseers’ an array of thematic products and branded goods such as clothes, accessories, action toys, posters, etc to take home as memorabilia or souvenirs.
Novo Cinemas, a cinephiles dream venue, offers state of the art 12 IMAX and VIP screens with 5000 m of LED strip lighting in bespoke colours. The 3 VIP screens, which provide 7-star service, are equipped with private lounge comprising excellent dining menu, personal butler service, fully reclined leather seats with headrests and blanket.
Must Read: 20 Best Theme Parks in Dubai
How to Reach IMG Worlds of Adventure
IMG Worlds of Adventure is not directly connected with Airport via Metro. However, visitors can reach Dubai Mall or Mall of Emirates metro stations from Dubai Airport Terminal through Red Line metro. From there they can engage a taxi to the IMG indoor park. IMG Worlds of Adventure is 30 km from Dubai International Airport and 50 km. from Al Maktoum International Airport.
Government-run Dubai Transport airport taxi transport visitors to required destinations. Each taxi is equipped with a meter that displays the fare based on predetermined rates.
Must Read: 15 Best Things to do at Dubai Airport
Best Time to Visit IMG Worlds of Adventure
The best time to visit IMG Worlds of Adventure is the morning period on any working/weekday. It is also best to visit the park during National Holidays such as UAE National day, as you can avail huge discounts and other benefits like exclusive coupons and vouchers.
Though IMG indoor park remains open 365 days and 7 days a week and is air-conditioned, the best time to visit Dubai is during winter between November and March, as the weather will be pleasant to visit outdoor destinations too.
What Not to Miss at IMG Worlds of Adventure
Here are some of the best places to visit near IMG Worlds of Adventure:
1. Miracle Garden, Dubai: Be engulfed by the breathtaking sights and smells of about 250 million plants and 150 million blooming flowers that include 70 flower varieties. Miracle Garden spread over 72,000 sq. meters holds Guinness World record for reproducing Emirates A380 Airbus with 500,000 fresh flowers and living plants. 3D floral designs, 59 ft tall topiary structure in the form of Disney iconic character Mickey Mouse, Lost Paradise with floral houses and bungalows, Butterfly passage, Floral Clock, and Gazebos are some more visual treats of this garden. This garden remains open from October – April. So, book your tickets to the world's largest flower garden now and get flat 10% off on your bookings.
2.Dubai Butterfly Garden: Located next to Miracle Garden, the largest covered Butterfly Garden comprises of 10 tailored dome structures that house 15,000 butterflies featuring 50 varieties in myriad colors and sizes. The Garden also contains a butterfly museum, a verdant aromatic garden, fountains, feathered creatures, and fish ponds.
3. Aquaventure Water Park: One of the best water parks in the Middle East & Europe, its thrill rides & water slides like Leap of Faith, Shark Attack Slide, Surge Ride, and Stinger and Ziplining across the park squeals and shrieks from adventure-seekers. While Lazy Rivers to wave pools entice families, children’s play area to private beach keeps up kids’ spirit.
Book Now: Atlantis Aquaventure Water Park Flat 33% Off
4. Ski Dubai: A 22,500 sq. m indoor Ski Resort comprising a peak proportionate to 25 storey building, 5 inclines of varying ascent and difficulty, and a 3,000 sq. m. snow park play area challenges the beginner and advanced ski lovers. Massive snowballs, ice cave and encounter with penguins entertain non-players.
Best Deal: Ski Dubai Tickets Flat 10% Off
5. Dolphin Bay: Located on Palm Islands, Dolphin Bay is one of the major non-natural Dolphin habitats in the world. The bay ensures a captivating experience to vacationers such as standing next to Dolphins in Shallow waters or swimming with them or scuba diving alongside these wonderful creatures in deep waters. Highly skilled trainers will help you interact with Dolphins-be carried over their fins through the waters or spout water through their nose or a peck on your check.
6.Children’s city: Located at the Al Riyadh street, It is an edutainment centre for children aged 2-15 yr with learning zones- planetarium, nature centres, galleries-science galleries, workshops-computer workshops, recreation facilities, playing area to explore, discover, learn and play and expand their knowledge. Adults and kids 16 are also permitted.
7.Kite Beach: Kite Beach is the favourite destination for beachgoers, surfers, nature-lovers, kids, and visitors of all ages. It provides adrenaline-pumping activities such as kite surfing, wakeboarding, paddleboarding or games like volleyball or recreational and relaxation vibes – walking, jogging or enjoying the scenic beauty.
8.Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary: Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary, also known as ‘Cape of the creek’ stretching over an area of 6.2 sq. km features salt flats, mudflats, coastal swamps with tropical shrubs and ponds that fauna use to build their nests. It serves as a reproduction ground and natural habitat for crustaceans, vertebrates, and Pisces. Flamingos, grey herons, great egrets, reef herons, cormorants, black-winged stilts, sandpipers, osprey, and myriad varieties feast visitors’ eyes.
Things to Do in IMG Worlds of Adventure
1. Cartoon Network Zone: A zone that children dearly love
- Ben 10: An immersive 5D mega multi-sensory adventure with Ben and Rook at the Plumber headquarters against Khyber, the Huntsman.
- The Powerpuff Girls: Join the fight in the skies with blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup against Mojo Jojo’s evil robot creation.
- Adventure Time: Take on a journey through the Land of OOO and encounter with Ice King, host of Princesses, etc.
- The Amazing Ride of the Gumball: Redress the Gumball’s science project gone wrong and zap the objects with your friends that threaten the city.
- LazyTown: Learn dance steps in Stephanie’s Dance Academy, search Robbie Rotten’s hideout and enjoy an array of adventures.
- Avengers Battle of Ultron: Earn a place alongside Avengers and help save the day.
- Spider-Man: Swing with the web-slinger on a 400 m spinning coaster to prevent Dr Octopus from pilfering city’s energy supply.
- Hulk 3D: A 360-degree immersive viewing experience of one of Hulk’s deadliest battle in stereoscopic cinema dome leaves visitors spell-bound.
- Thor Thunder Spin: Learn the laws of gravity, as Mighty Thor salvages you from Loki stranglehold.
- Avengers Flight of the Quinjets: An interactive fun ride suitable for all ages.
3. IMG Boulevard
- The Haunted House: A journey for the undaunted minds and nerves of steel, over the age of 15, to overcome grotesque dispositions, eerie settings, and a tangle of passageways in an effort to find out the exit of the house.
4. Lost Valley
- The Velociraptor: An audacious escapade on 1 km roller coaster ride with speeds of 100 km in 2.5 sec from prehistoric jungles of Lost Valley into the deserts of Dubai.
- Predator: A 450 m long vertical roller coaster ride through jungles of Lost Valley that draw out squeals of delight and shrieks of fright.
- Forbidden Territory: Be transported through time and face life-size dinosaur animatronics and antediluvian creatures that set your heart racing and body shivering.
- Adventure Fortress: Conquer the difficulties and physical challenges to outsmart the dinosaurs and protect the village.
- Dino Carousel: Enjoy a spin with friendly dinosaurs of the Lost Valley.
Other Essential Information About IMG Worlds of Adventure
Thursday – Saturday (11 A.M – 11 P.M)
Location: E311, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, near Arabian Ranches, next to Global Village, Dubai.
Timings: Sunday – Wednesday (11 A.M – 10 P.M.)
Price: The price of entry tickets to IMG Worlds of Adventure is as follows:
Per Adult: INR 3130
Per Child: INR 3130
Types of Adventure Zones
IMG is segregated into 4 epic zones of adventure.
1. Cartoon Network: Powerpuff girls, Ben 10, Gumball and Lazy Town will keep the kid's spirits high and offer an unforgettable experience. The experience of meeting faves and munching international delicacies at CN Feast or hanging out with Ben 10 and gorging burgers and smoothies at Mr. Smoothy, or taking their palate on a gourmet trip at Richard’s Around the World Café or bingeing Burrito’s at Finn & Jake’s will gratify the kids’ stomach and senses. IMG’s Cartoon Network stores offer gifts, toys, games, and other merchandise that leave your kids clamouring for more.
2. Marvel: Avengers, Hulk, Spider-Man, and Thor will take explorers on an action-packed mission that leave the kids and adults excited and charged. Enjoy the swanky interiors along with steak and seafood at Tony’s Skydeck or shares a pan-Asian dish in the open kitchens of Chang’s Golden Dragon or feast on best of Italian cuisines such as wood-fired pizza and pasta over boisterous bonhomie. Outfits, Spidey merchandise, comic books, posters, crime-fighting tools, action toys, games, and souvenirs from the Marvel’s outlets grab your attention and entice you
3. IMG Boulevard: IMG Boulevard, conceptualized and created by IMG provides adventurists with an alluring mix of recreation and excitement. The mantra at the Haunted House is to decide before entering, as the journey is not easy and fun. This terrifying immersive entertainment tests the tenacity of the seekers’ psyche as they come across a series of changing backdrops, ghostly characters and maze of corridors to find the exit.
A foodie’s paradise, the visitors get to taste unique flavours of popcorn at the Popcorn Factory, gratify sense with lip-smacking cuisines from 4 continents at Boulevard Gourmet, try a tantalizing taste of Indian street food hot Samosa and Chai at Samosa House, and indulge in culinary delights of Arabic food at Flavors of Arabia. Visitors can sign off the culinary tour with fine freshly prepared coffee at The Coffee House.
4. Lost Valley: Visitors will be treated to spine-tingling rides, and pulse-pounding and audacious entertainments in the backdrop of resurgent prehistoric predators. Visitors get to taste Indian hospitality and famed tandooris and roasted meat at Spice Valley or best chicken wings at Carnivore Hut or gourmet burgers and hotdogs at 360 degrees. The explorer’s Supply and Raptor Outpost offer a dinosaur egg, an ideal memento or memorabilia for the visitors to take home.
Also Read: 12 Best Water Parks in Dubai
Tips for Visiting IMG Worlds of Adventure
- Pregnant women not allowed on rides and attractions.
- Restrictions to various rides and thrills are based on the height of the child rather than age.
- Admission to the Haunted House is based on age and the kid should be at least 15 yr old.
- Visitors should arrive early to beat the crowds and ensure sufficient time to enjoy all the rides and attractions.
-It is beneficial to book tickets online to avail discounts and avoid serpentine queues.
-Food and beverages from outside are not permitted into the park.
-Tourists should carry valid ID for entering the premises.
- Wheelchair and strollers are available for differently-abled and old people on hire inside the park. A valid ID is required to hire them.
- Queues for various attractions will close at park closing time with the exception of the Haunted House.
- Queues for the Haunted House will close 2 hours ahead of park closing time, in case the queue line approaches its maximum capacity.
- Fast track tickets are required on weekends to cut short the long lines and save some time.
- Ultimate Fast Track gives unlimited access to all rides, while an exclusive 3 fast track ticket gives the option to skip the line access to any 3 rides of your choice.
- IMG offers storage lockers, which are located at the entrance, to visitors on rent.
- Toilets for both genders along with a family bathroom, baby changing facilities and special cubicle for differently-abled are available at 5 positions in the IMG Park.
- ATMs are available at the main entrance, bedside Lockers at IMG Boulevard, and in the lobby.
- Visitors are requested to contact any of the Team members at Guest Relations counter in Lost Valley–Dinosaur adventure zone.