About Jumeirah BeachJumeirah Beach is one of the most popular and most visited public beaches in Dubai. The white sandy beach stretches along the coastal area of the city and has many large resorts and hotels close to its frontage area. Jumeirah Beach has been named after Jumeirah district from where the beach originates.
The stunning views of Jumeirah Beach provide the much-needed respite from stress. Lounging here provides a complete entertainment site and visitors will enjoy everything here. The sea shore features a host of restaurants and shopping zones close to it. For those who love the sun can get their suntan while others can relax on the sand envisioning the deep blue sea.
The park adjoining the beach has a playground for kids and a whole lot of areas dedicated to barbecues and picnic areas. Surroundings are very clean and neat but if you go during the day the heat might take a toll on you. Entry to the Jumeirah beach is accessible from early morning till late at night without any charge but if you would like to access the park, the minimum amount will be levied. It is advisable to carry a water bottle and sun.
The food glorious festival which takes place for about a month is perhaps the most crowded times at the beach and a huge number of people participate in the proceedings. The walk which is a famous walk down innumerable food stalls from French street foods to local delights is a must-visit place here. The park here also poses as a great tourist attraction where visitors can relax swimming or playing sports like Volleyball etc.
One of the most popular beaches in Dubai, Jumeirah is heavily crowded because of its affinity to many malls and stores on the shore. It provides a perfect escape and surely is one of the delightful experiences you will have.
How to Reach Jumeirah Beach
Dubai airport is 15 km away from Jumeirah Beach. You can take a lot of ways to reach the beach when you are coming straight out of the airport. You can take a taxi which will ensure you reach quickly, although it might prove to be a tad expensive.
If you do not have access to a car, you can also take the Metro and take the line 88 to reach the beach. The journey will take more than an hour but it will work out cheaper and a second-best option.
Best Time to Visit Jumeirah Beach
Jumeirah Beach is an exotic location that promises a great time for you. Since Dubai is a predominantly a desert area with beaches, the weather gets pretty humid and sometimes unbearable. Hence in the months during the winter when the winds are colder, then a visit to Dubai is worth.
But talking about the beach specifically, it will be suitable if you can visit here either early in the morning. Afternoons are a strict no because of extreme dry heat waves which might result in sunstroke. Evening times are surely considered the best of the lot because the weather is better and the crowds are heavier and more fun.
What Not to Miss at Jumeirah Beach
The Jumeirah beach in itself is a very attractive destination especially for beach lovers but for people who would also love to spend time in the vicinity of the beach, some places are waiting to be explored -
1. The Burj Al Arab: One of the most distinguishing landmarks of Dubai and is noted as an architectural wonder. This spectacular place houses a lavish restaurant with world-class interiors.
2. Dubai Zoo: Located near the Mercato centre is one of the oldest zoos in the Arabian Peninsula. It is one of the first zoos to have an Arabian wild cat and the chimpanzees along with other endangered species like the Bengal tiger, Siberian tiger and many more. The Dubai zoo has more than 200 species that offers modern facilities to the guests.
3. Wild Wadi Water Park: This themed amusement park is located in front of the Burj Al Arab and has been designed and created along the lines of Arabian tales of Juha and Sinbad. The park features a heated water facility, artificial surfing machines, many water slides and a waterfall that runs every ten minutes. Many fun activities can be done here which makes this park a popular place to visit.
4. The Jumeirah Mosque: The beautiful mosque is a tad different from the usual mosques because it is also open to non-Muslims. The culture of Dubai and UAE, in general, is resplendent in this mosque. The mosque is a shining example of inter-faith tolerance and peace.
5. The Madinat Jumeirah: This is a complex which has 2 hotels, shopping malls and umpteen restaurants, bars, spa on a private beach on which it is stationed. The complex is interconnected with waterways giving this place a Venetian look with the thoroughly enjoyable Gondola rides.
Things to Do at Jumeirah Beach
You can indulge in a lot of activities on the beach here which makes this place an apt one for some thrill-seekers.
1. Jet Skiing: This one hour guided Jet-ski guide qualifies for quite an adventure. The jet speeds past the iconic views of the Al Arab and other glorious skyline landmarks. The one hour Jet Ski is stimulating ride and safe to be on.
2. Parasailing and Boat Tour: The beach residence at Jumeirah close to the beach poses as a great place to go for boating and parasailing. The 15-minute journey gives you Aerial views of Dubai Marina and Palm Island especially when you come near the Gulf.
3. Sun Lounge: If you do not want to do anything but rest and get tanned, then visit here in the morning hours when the sun is at its best. Get a tan to die for and relax while you sip your cola.
4. Visit the Park: If you want you can also go swimming or play games with your family. The Park is equipped to include these activities that are considered extremely relaxing.
5. Get eating on the Walk: Your love for quick food ends here with your presence at the walk. This walk extends a stretch and includes some great cuisines from around the world. Usually crowded, this area is extremely worth it if you are in love with street food. You can enjoy local delights along with many stalls specifically dedicated to French and Chinese cuisines located close to the shore boundary.
6. Bar Hopping: Several bars across the shore are lined up giving the visitors a complete edge. You can do some research before hopping onto a bar. Enjoy the night vibes, music and drinks with a location to love.
7. Get a Spa: Like several bars, there are some countable spas also where visitors can relax and unwind. The professionals give you a great massage with several therapies which can be taken if you are really up to it.
Other Essential Information About Jumeirah Beach
Location: The Jumeirah beach is located in the Jumeirah district of Dubai on the Persian Gulf
Timing: The Beach is open for public visits on all days of the week, however, the timings differ. From Friday to Sunday the beach begins are 7.30 am and ends at 10.00 pm. On Wednesday and Thursday, the time extends till 11.00 pm. Entry to the beach is free of cost but the Jumeirah Beach Park is chargeable.
Price: The entry fee per person is AED 5.00 per person and AED 20.00 per car.
Tips for Visiting Jumeirah Beach
An amazing place to visit the Jumeirah beach holds great significance in Dubai. Before deciding to make a trip there, it is advisable to follow these tips -
- It will surely be smart if you carry sufficient water to quench your thirst, especially when it is really hot.
- If you have decided to visit the beach when the sun is up, then a sunscreen lotion would do no harm.
- Do not miss visiting the park.
- Carry an extra set of clothes and swimming costumes for the occasion.
- Dubai is a hot place and it will be smart if you could visit in the evening hours because of unbearable heat and humidity especially if you are with kids.