About Atlantis Palm HotelThe 5-star Atlantis is located on Palm Jumeirah and is the first hotel in Dubai to be built on the Island. It is based on the myth of Atlantis and the décor is distinctly Arabian. There are 1548 rooms in the hotel, and they are divided into two accommodation wings – the East Tower and the West Tower. The two towers are joined together by the Royal Bridge Suite.
Atlantis the Palm first opened on September 24, 2008, and it is a joint project of Kerzner International Holdings Limited and Istithmar, although it is managed only by Kerzner International Resorts now. The hotel boasts of 23 stories, a private beach called Nasimi, and is complemented by Aquaventure Waterpark and the Lost Chambers Aquarium.
All the rooms at the property feature private balconies, flat-screen TVs, seating areas, minibars, and complimentary tea and coffee making facilities. Some of the rooms also come with private terraces and spa baths in the bathroom. Dining options include the Cantonese restaurant Hakkasan, and the award-winning Nobu restaurant serving modern Japanese cuisine with an Arabian twist.
Along with that, Bread Street Kitchen Bar offers British dishes and beverages crafted by Gordon Ramsay. Ayamna is famous for its authentic Lebanese cuisines and beverages. Every guest at the hotel enjoys complimentary access to Aquaventure Waterpark, the largest water park in the Middle East. It features water slides like the Tower of Neptune and the Tower of Poseidon.
There is a separate water playground for younger kids and a video game zone for teens. Wavehouse combines dining with entertainment, along with an art wave machine and a four-lane bowling alley.
Nearby landmarks include Mall of Emirates which is just 20 minutes away and Emirates Golf Club which is nearly 2 miles away. Dubai Mall and Burj Khalifa can be reached from the hotel in just 25 minutes by car.
Also Check: 15 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Dubai for couples
How to Reach Atlantis Palm Hotel
- Book a taxi using app-based services like Uber or Careem. They are cheap and easy to arrange.
- You can take the metro, but there is no station near Atlantis. You may have to take a taxi from the metro station to the hotel after you get off the train.
- Book a helicopter ride in advance by emailing the concierge department at the hotel.
You May Also Like: Best Things to do in Dubai at Airport
Best Time to Visit Atlantis Palm Hotel
The peak tourist season in Dubai is from November to April when the temperatures are not scorching and the humidity is not suffocation. However, since this is the peak tourist season, hotel prices, including those of Atlantis the Palm, skyrocket during these months.
If you plan on staying indoors at the hotel, you should visit Atlantis during autumn, that is, from August to September. After the peak tourist season, prices fall and you may be able to get a good deal. However, if you want to see Dubai and all its iconic landmarks, you should go during winters.
Must Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai for an amazing Holiday
What Not to Miss at Atlantis Palm Hotel
Here are some of the best places to visit near Atlantis The Palm:
1. Burj Khalifa: the tallest building in the world and the global icon is located just a few minutes from Atlantis the Palm. Burj Khalifa is 828 meters tall and attracts tourists from all over the world because of its impeccable engineering and design.
The 124th and 125th floors of the tower form the highest observation decks in the world where you can enjoy 360-degree views of the Dubai skyline. Click Here to Book the tickets for Burj Khalifa
2. The Dubai Mall: fashionistas and shopaholics unite at The Dubai Mall, the world’s largest shopping destination. Choose from 1200 retail stores and 70 signature stores, ranging from Bloomingdale’s and Galeries Lafayette. You can also head over to Fashion Avenue where world-renowned haute couture brands such as Versace and Burberry can be found.
Suggested Reads: Best Malls in Dubai for shopping
3. Emirates Golf Club: enthusiasts of the game love the spectacular visuals and intelligent design of this golf club designed by the legend, Nick Faldo. The course features brilliant nuances and challenges that enhance the incredible experience.
4. Mall of Emirates: The iconic mall features over 600 of the world’s most famous brands, along with a cinema and a ski field. The spectacular Fashion Dome ceiling is formed by wrought iron, and shopping underneath the iconic structure is a truly exhilarating experience.
Must Read: Best Museums in Dubai to know the nomadic Trading in Dubai
Attractions in Atlantis The Palm
1. Dolphin Bay: swim with a bunch of adorable and cuddly dolphins and learn more about the lifespan and habits of these playful animals at Dolphin Bay. Each guest will have 30 minutes to enjoy one-on-one moments with the mammals. You can dive deep underwater to witness them in their natural environment or enjoy a belly ride in the lagoon.
The interactions are held under the supervision of highly skilled trainers and activities are designed to suit different age groups. A guided tour of the medical laboratory and records room will help you learn how the animals are cared for.
2. Sea Lion Point: The waist-deep waters of the Sea Lion lagoon are designed while keeping in mind the nature of these delightful marine creatures. Spend up to 30 minutes with the charming and sociable mammals, enjoy their comical antics and variable personalities, and give them a hug.
If you are lucky, you may get a wet, whiskery kiss, or even the flipper applause. Talk to a marine mammal expert and learn about their habitat and behavioral patterns. Bond with these affectionate creatures and go home with a big smile and happy memories.
3. Aquaventure Water Park: The largest water park in Dubai houses some of the most exhilarating and record-breaking rides in the country. Whether it is the 27.5-meter-tall Leap of Faith where you are carried through a clear tube with sharks and rays flanking you, or zip-lining through the entire grounds of the park – adventure seekers will love the rush of adrenaline offered by Aqauventure. Click here to book tickets for Atlantis Aquaventure waterpark and Lost Chambers
Besides marine activities, the park also features private beaches and play areas for children of all ages. If you are traveling with toddlers, there is a separate Splashers Children’s Zone where they can enjoy playing in the tubes and climbing frames.
4. The Lost Chambers Aquarium: A unique entertainment cum information center in Dubai, the Lost Chamber Aquarium attracts tourists of all ages because of the rich diversity of animals residing here. Over 65,000 animals live in the aquarium, ranging from scary sharks and terrorizing piranhas to cute seahorses and adorable turtles.
You can also enjoy snorkeling at the Ambassador Lagoon, or take an educational fish tour of the in-house fish nursery. Swim alongside majestic sea creatures like sharks at the diving center and learn about the various aspects of marine life at an aqua theatre show.
5. Shuiqi Spa & Salon: Tucked away in the regal towers of Atlantis the Palm is the tranquil and serene Spa of ShuiQi. You will forget about the worries of everyday life as soon as you step into the neutral-toned hallway of this luxury facility. The spa is surrounded by waterfalls and streams and boasts of a set of 27 treatment rooms.
Feel all your senses come alive as you enjoy the calming massages and facials. All the holiday exhaustion will fade away with the famous aromatherapy rituals and you will be left feeling fresh and de-stressed.
Suggested Reads: 55 Best Places to Visit in Dubai
Things to Do in Atlantis The Palm
1. Wave House: With specialized sections catering to people of all age groups, Wave house is a treasure trove of wholesome family entertainment. Whether you like to cut through the water and ride the waves or kick back with a cold beverage at the end of the day – Wave House is the ideal spot. There is also an on-site restaurant to take care of your hunger pangs and a bowling alley for the entire family to have fun.
2. Beaches and Pools: The hotel has a white sandy stretch of 1.4 kilometers, namely the Royal Beach and Aquaventure Beach. The Royal Beach offers a stunning view of the hotel and opens at 8.30 am. Aquaventure beach is attached to the park, so you can enjoy water rides and slides along with the sun and sand.
The hotel also has two pools. Royal Pool offers a spectacular view of the city skyline and is the perfect place for relaxation. You can enjoy sports activities like pool volleyball at the Zero Entry Pool.
Also Check: Best Beaches in Dubai to relax yourself
3. Water Sports: Atlantis hosts a range of water sports activities in Dubai for the adrenaline seekers. Rent a kayak and explore the region, or try the thrilling sport of banana boating and triple tubing. Paddle Boarding and windsurfing are also available, but you may need to make a booking in advance.
4. Helicopter Tours: The hotel features a variety of special helicopter rides over the city. Whether you want to surprise your spouse with a romantic tour or celebrate a special occasion with the family – there is nothing more exhilarating than flying over the iconic city in a helicopter.
Ranging from a 12-minute Pearl Tour to 50-minutes Sensational Sixty ride – you can choose any package per your convenience. Book Now to enjoy the Helicopter Tour of Dubai
5. Shopping: The 5-star hotel is a luxury shopping destination where you can buy anything from haute couture brands like Gucci and Versace to designer jewelry and swimwear. There is a separate perfumes section, as well as an eyewear store too. Art lovers can buy exquisite paintings and sculptures, and guests can choose from a wide selection of souvenirs to take as gifts back home.
6. Diving in Atlantis: Adventure enthusiasts will love the Marine and Waterpark enclave at the hotel where they can partake in the thrilling activity. Whether it is scuba diving in Dubai at the Ambassador Lagoon, swimming with the adorable mammals at Dolphin Bay, or exploring the rich marine biodiversity at the open-air aquarium – you will be spoilt for choices at Atlantis the Palm.
Explore the beautiful underwater world of the lost city of Atlantis at Ultimate Snorkel and experience the goosebump-inducing thrill of swimming alongside sharks and rays at Atlantis Aquatrek.
7. Kids Activities: The kids club at Atlantis is specially designed for keeping your little ones busy. The Play Zone features Team Games and other fun challenges, while the Command Center is home to video games played on Wii, Xbox One, and Playstation 4. The Creation Zone will let them unleash their imagination and enjoy an array of activities like arts and crafts, origami and cookie decorating.
Recommended Reads: Things to do in Atlantis Dubai
Other Essential Information About Atlantis Palm Hotel
Location: Atlantis, The Palm, Crescent Road, The Palm, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Timings: the hotel is open 24 hours. The waterpark is open daily from 10 am to sunset, closing hours of the waterpark are subject to change according to the seasons.
Restaurants in Atlantis The Palm1. Nobu: The award-winning Japanese restaurant is stunning and offers a truly memorable Romantic dining experience in Dubai. The restaurant also hosts brunches every Friday and Saturday. There are six different categories of foods to choose from, so you are sure to find one that pleases your palate.
2. Bread Street Kitchen and Bar: The renowned restaurant features a menu created by Celebrity Chef Gordon Ramsay. Choose from a variety of mouth-watering British dishes and signature cocktails. You can also enjoy brunch here on Fridays.
Check Out: Best Street Food in Dubai that has Asian Cuisines
3. Ronda Locatelli: One of the most famous authentic Italian restaurants in Dubai, Ronda Locatelli features a menu of sumptuous dishes crafted by Celebrity Chef Giorgio Locatelli.
4. Ossiano: Another award-winning restaurant at Atlantis, Ossiano boasts of a variety of delectable seafood dishes with spectacular views of the Ambassador Lagoon. The restaurant is famous as one of the most luxurious dining spaces in Dubai.
5. Ayamna: Enjoy the finger-licking Lebanese cuisine at this laid-back restaurant. The warm atmosphere and hearty platters of food makes it one of the must-visit destinations in Dubai.
6. Seafire Steakhouse and Bar: For steak lovers, the Seafire is an unmissable restaurant. It features finger-licking good steaks cooked using the finest cuts of Atlantis beef imported from Australia.
7. Hakkasan: Enjoy delicious Cantonese cuisine at this chic and sophisticated restaurant. The world-class menu is designed by Chef Ho Chee Boon, and the food is cooked using fresh ingredients and authentic Cantonese techniques.
8. Saffron: Enjoy endless options to choose from at this luxurious buffet restaurant featuring the best of Southeast Asian Cuisine. The restaurant offers both breakfast and dinner buffets, so you can enjoy the local delicacies at any time of the day.
9. Kaleidoscope: featuring endless buffet options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Kaleidoscope is famous for its rich variety of international as well as local dishes.
Check Out: Best Indian Restaurants in Dubai to feel the taste of India
Tips for Visiting Atlantis The Palm
Here are some tips you need to keep in mind when visiting the hotel:- Plan your trip: although November and March offer the best weather in Dubai for sightseeing, the prices are also jacked up during this time. Plan your trip as per your budget and make an itinerary for at least 6 months in advance.
- Packing: since the temperatures in the Middle East are quite high, it is important to pack summer clothes for your vacation. You should also buy some swimwear so that you can enjoy water sports activities.
- Apply for visa and keep your passport and necessary paperwork up to date.
- Book your rooms in advance. Deluxe rooms are the best if you want to enjoy views of the Arabian Sea.
- Make reservations at restaurants in advance.
- Make sure you have plenty of time to enjoy all the attractions at the hotel, including Aquaventure, Dolphin Bay, Lost Chambers Aquarium, Shuiqi Spa, etc. We recommend making a booking for at least a week so that you have enough time to cover all the must-visit destinations in the city.
- Visit downtown Dubai and explore the historic neighborhoods to get in touch with the local culture.
Popular Reads: Check Out Dubai Travel guide for easy and smooth trip