About KidZania in Dubai MallKidZania spread over 7000 sq.m is a facsimile version of a real city for kids aged 4 – 16 to impart real-life skills through fun and role-play with over 80 real-life activities. It helps equip a child with managerial abilities, joint effort, originality, and communal skills that aren’t taught in a classroom.
KidZania, a children’s edutainment global indoor theme park, is located on the 2nd floor of the Dubai Mall in Downtown Dubai. The theme park replicates the trappings of a real city with complete infrastructures such as buildings, vehicles, and cemented roads, a buoyant economy and business establishments such as supermarkets, restaurants, real estate, hospitals, Industries, entertainment houses, transport and logistics, Automobile shops and beauty salons.
Many of these facilities are owned and sponsored by prominent brands such as McDonald's, Coca Cola, Kellogg’s, Colgate, DHL, Dettol, Kinder, Waitrose, Pizza Express, etc. This adds an aura of authenticity to the experience and offers youngsters practical training on adaptability and managerial skills.
Children can go into the KidZania by registering and buying the ticket at the Emirates desk at KidZania International airport. The special tag given at the airport prevents kids from leaving the premises without their escorts. Each child is given 50 KidZos cheques on entering the KidZania, which he/she can deposit or encash at Al Hilal bank to 50 KidZos, the official currency. Kids can spend it like real money at either supermarket or restaurant or beauty salon.
Kids can earn more KidZos or money by opting for a job of their choice and doing the work. Over 60 jobs such as dental, aviation, beautician, doctor, builder, etc beckon youngsters to choose from, depending on their aptitude and liking. Information board at the respective business facilities reveal what the activity or Job is about, duration of the activity and details like whether you will earn KidZos or pay KidZos to participate in the activity. Mostly each job or activity lasts about 10-30 minutes. The youngster will be presented with an appropriate uniform for each job or activity they take in.
There are a lot of things to do in Kidzania, a kid can participate in more than 7- 8 activities and enjoy the experience and learn a lot. Kids earn KidZos by taking up various activities. The more a Kid works, the more KidZos, he/she will earn and the more experience he/she will amass.
Parents whose kids are over 120 cm in height can leave their kids in KidZania without any concern about their kid’s safety. Adults can take a break and relax in the Special Parents Lounge, which offers TV, food, and beverages along with complimentary internet facilities. Children, who are under 120 cm height, need to be accompanied by an escort/ guardian. Parents can observe their kids participating in the activities and also act as audience or patients depending on the nature of the activity.
Adults alone, without kids, are not allowed to enter KidZania. While Kids aged 4-16 yrs enjoy the above activities in KidZania, the infants aged below 4 yrs, derive pleasure from the Fun First Nursery, a KidZania initiative.
Fun First Nursery offers activities that improve the physical and thinking skills of 2 yr old infants. Kids between 2 -4 yr are provided unmatched care and expert guidance with a focus on play-based learning and a range of fun activities. Trained adult helpers who are referred to as “Zupervisors’ provide supervision and support for all activities and at all times.
Check out the list of 55 Best things to Do in Dubai to know which activities you can do while you are in Dubai.
Suggested read: 30 Best Places to Visit in Dubai with Family.
How to Reach KidZania in Dubai Mall
Kidzania located at Dubai Mall can be reached from the Airport by either taking a bus, train, and taxi. The quickest way to reach Dubai Mall from Dubai Airport is by engaging a car, which takes 14 minutes and charges around Rs. 850-1100 (45 AED -58 AED).
One can reach Dubai Mall Metro station from Dubai Airport by boarding the Red Line metro from the airport's terminal 3 (T3) or terminal 1 (T1). Feeder buses from Dubai Mall metro ply visitors directly to Dubai Mall. Visitors can also reach Dubai Mall from Metro station through Metro Link Bridge, an 828 m air-conditioned walkway with 5 travelators in either direction. Metro train ride costs between Rs. 60 – 85 and takes 33 minutes. From Dubai Airport, Line 27 Bus transport tourists to Dubai Mall for Rs. 110 -170 in 32 minutes.
If you have to stay for too long at the Dubai airport here is the list of 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport.
Best Time to Visit KidZania in Dubai Mall
The best time for visitors’ to visit KidZania, Dubai is during the period between November and February, when the weather is not scorching hot. Weekends, National holidays like Eid or Ramadan, etc witness huge crowds and serpentine queues.
For your child to explore KidZania without constraints and enjoy more activities and earn more Kidzos, plan your trip to Kidzania on a weekday and early in the morning.
Suggested read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai.
What Not to Miss at KidZania in Dubai Mall
Some of the places to visit near KidZania are as follows.
- VR Park: A 75,000 sq. ft two-storeyed indoor theme park with 18 interactive rides, games, and journeys complemented by Augmented and Virtual Reality transport the visitors into a hitherto unknown world eliciting squeals of delight and shrieks of fright. Designed to suit all age groups and proclivities – adventure, horror, mystical, etc, the activities both individual and Team-based present an unprecedented experience. Click here, to book Vr Park tickets.
- Dubai Ice Rink: It’s an Olympic sized indoor ice-field located at the ground floor that extends to the 2nd floor of the Dubai Mall. Penguin-Pal skating aids, individual and group training sessions, and assistance by coach helps even beginners to learn and enjoy the experience.
- The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo: A gigantic aquarium at Dubai Mall, admeasuring 51 x 20 x 11 meters with 30,000 aquatic life including 400 sharks and rays enthrals the visitors, who can view it through the World's largest acrylic panel for free. Paid visitors can enjoy a 270-degree view of the marine creatures in the 48-meter long tunnel and underwater zoo consisting of piranhas, penguins, crocodiles, lizards, snakes, otters, giant eels, archerfish, etc. Click here To book Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo tickets.
- Dubai Fountain: It is the world’s largest musical fountain with powerful jets that shoot water sprays to a height of 150 meters to the accompaniment of songs and music from contemporary pop to classical and set against 6,000 dazzling lights and emblazoned by 50 color projects. A free for all show that makes your day. Click here to Explore Dubai Fountain Lake on a Traditional Abra Water Boat.
- Burj Khalifa Observation Deck: A 828 meters high skyscraper with 163 habitable floors, Burj is the tallest structure and centerpiece of Downtown Dubai. A 65-meter moving walkway, the world’s fastest elevator and the floor-to-ceiling windows on the deck that offers spectacular views of the Dubai bedazzle the visitors. Take a Tour of Burj Khalifa, Click here to Book Tickets.
- Dubai Opera: It’s an impressive arts venue in the shape of a traditional sailing vessel that hosts programs of the varied genres such as opera, musicals, ballet, theatre, rock, pop, jazz and comedy to entertain visitors.
- Hub Zero: Hub Zero presents a world’s best gaming experience to both kids and seasoned gamers. Conceptualized and designed in collaboration with 5 of the prominent gaming industries, it transports the visitors into a new world through interactive gaming which range from basics like Pac-Man, pinball machines to virtual reality games. It offers 18 thrilling attractions and rides both for gamers and non-gamers. Click here to Book tickets for Hub Zero.
- Laguna Waterpark: For persons who take to water like fish, Laguna Waterpark provides an ultimate experience. The park features four distinct zones – Surf, Relax, Slide, and Splash. Five main rides, pool lounge, children’s zone, lazy river, top-notch cafes, and funky shops enthrall the visitors to the core. Click here, To Book Tickets for Laguna waterpark.
- Thiptara: It is a Thai restaurant with indoor and outdoor dining areas and a terrace overlooking Burj lake. It offers a course that satisfies the gourmet, while the views of Dubai Fountain and Burj Khalifa feast the eyes of the visitor.
- A.mosphere: For once in a lifetime experience visit A.mosphere, the Restaurant, and Lounge on 122 level of the Burj Khalifa. Be swept off the feet by the gourmet exotic dishes and picturesque scenes.
- Souk Al Bahar: A Shopping Mall with a number of restaurants, cafes, and stores that sell handicrafts such as stuffed camel toys, key chains, etc, carpets, antiques, dry fruits, and souvenirs.
Suggested read: 55 Best Tourist Places to Visit in Dubai.
Things to do in Kidzania Dubai
1. Kinder Chocolate: A kid can work in a Kinder factory and learn how to make lip-smacking chocolates of different flavors and take them home as a souvenir for friends and family.
2. Fire Department: Child can don as a firefighter and learn about the fire safety tips and ride the streets of KidZania and put out the fire in KidZania.
3.Emirates Driving Institute: He/She can then join the Emirates Driving Institute, get a driving license and zip across KidZania as racing car driver.
4. KidZania Hospital: If the kid has interest in Medicine, he can either become a dentist and learn about oral hygiene or be a surgeon and deal with emergencies and perform an operation or look after babies in the nursery.
5. McDonald's: A youngster can work at McDonald’s, which is a real working restaurant, don the McDonald apron, hair net, and hat and help prepare his own meal. You may not earn any KidZos for this activity, but you can save valuable KidZos by having a free meal. In addition, you can take the McDonald uniform home with you.
6. Fly Dubai: An interested kid can join as Pilot and learn how to land a plane on the simulator and enact as cabin crew on board wearing life jackets doing security briefing. He/she can double his KidZos by performing two activities.
7. Swiss Arabian Perfumes: Beauty conscious kids can manufacture their own perfume bottles by choosing their fragrance, mixing the ingredients, and bottling it. Apart from earning the KidZos, kids can take home a sense of achievement and perfume.
8. Fashion Boutique: A child can impress his/her parents, who attend as an audience, with his/her catwalk and Modeling sessions and earn enough currency.
9. Media House: if a kid has creative instincts, he/she can enact the role of a cameraman, or editor, or celebrity or host to record, report, interview, and telecast your TV show.
10. Waitrose Supermarket: If a kid has a business mind, he can join the Waitrose supermarket and learn about provisions, food choices, storage, prices, attracting customers, and profit and loss. Click here to see the list of 15 Best Markets in Dubai.
11. Britannia & Pizza Express: Tiffany biscuit Factory & Pizza Express offer Kids to learn about the ingredients, making process such as dough preparation, and creating or designing their own biscuits and pizzas. They not bag KidZos but also get take their creation home and win friends’ and family’s appreciation.
12. Coca Cola Factory & Masafi Juice Factory: A youngster can work as production engineers at Coca Cola and Masafi Juice factory and create juice and bottle them.
13. Bank: A financial whiz kid can take up the duty in Bank and assist fellow kidZanians in the official work and aid them to manage their bank account.
Also check: 20 Best Fun Things to Do in Dubai.
Other Essential Information About KidZania in Dubai Mall
Location: Dubai Mall, Downtown Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Timings: Sunday – Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Thursday – Saturday: 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Price: Infants Under 2 yrs - Free
Infants Above 2 yrs - 105 AED
Children (4 to 16 yrs) - 185 AED
Adults (17 to 64 yrs) - 75 AED
For Fun First Nursery: - For 1 hour 75 AED
(Children below 2 yrs) - For 3 hour 175 AED
Also, check the list of 40 Best Things to do in Dubai with Kids.
Tips for Visiting Kidzania Dubai
- Plan your trip to Kidzania on a weekday. It is better to avoid Weekends and National holidays to ensure to avoid long queues and inordinate delays.
- Arrive early so that you can complete buying tickets at check-in-counters without any hassle.
- An easy way to save both money and time is by booking tickets online. You not only save money through online deals but avoid waiting time at counters.
- For your child to experience maximum enjoyment, make sure you and your child are dressed comfortably. Also, wear comfy sports shoes that do not hinder when you're walking around.
- To optimize your child’s earnings, pick up activities that have shorter queues and more earning potential such as dentistry.
- Avoid spending your child’s Kidzos on her lunch. Ask him/her to opt jobs at Pizza Express, McDonald's, etc, where they can prepare their own meal. He/she will not earn any kidZos but can gain priceless experience and have fun.
- Guardian or Parent must accompany a child at all times inside KidZania if he/she is under 120 cm.
- Adults can leave his/her child inside the park, leave the arena and re-enter without paying only 2 times in a single visit. But a child is not allowed re-admission if he goes out of the KidZania without repayment.
- KidZania does not allow outside food and beverages.
- Visitors are not allowed to bring in pets inside the park.
- Tourists are not permitted to smoke or chew gum inside the park arena.
Suggested read: 12 Best Water Parks in Dubai.