About Dubai MallListed amongst the largest shopping malls in the world, The Dubai Mall of UAE shelters around 1200 stores, 120 restaurants, and café and around 22 cine screens. It has 3 large car parks comprising of valet services and a ticketing system for car locators coupling to account for 14000 parking spaces. Crowning itself as the ultimate entertainment option of Dubai city, this grandeur mall homes to Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, Dubai Ice Rink (Olympic-sized), KidZania (Children’s edutainment) and an indoor cinema complex.
As soon as you step in the central position of Mall, you will be amazed at the breath-taking views of Human Waterfalls. The uniqueness of this waterfall is that it traverses across all the four floors of The Dubai Mall. These water cascades feature human diver sculptures carved out of artistic fiberglass which are surely going to indulge you in its creative excellence.
World’s most extensive acrylic panel is the center of attraction of The Dubai Mall’s Aquarium and Discovery Centre. To soothe your eyes with the beauty of the aquatic world, there are around 33000 marine species here. Tiger sharks, Sea otters, penguins, Piranha, and rays from the mysterious creatures of this unique zoo. Accounting for a total guest capacity of around 2000 guests, Dubai Mall’s Ice Rink serves as a multi-purpose venue. It is no less than a paradise for skating lovers. No matter whether you are a professional skater or not, there are trainees to guide you throughout the training sessions.
Kidzania of The Dubai Mall allows children to win kidZos (the currency of Kidzania) after accomplishing minor tasks. Whatever they earn, is saved in Kidzania bank which can be redeemed at the gift shop or on other activities of Kidzania. Fashion Avenue is the next worthy destination to stop for some captivating hydraulic catwalk. Build across 440000 square feet area, this avenue homes to a wide array of recognized fashion brands all under one roof. Armani, Chanel, and Gucci are some of the top rated brands here.
Popular Read: Intriguing Tourist Places in Dubai
How to Reach Dubai Mall
You have three options to reach The Dubai Mall from the airport:
Line 27 bus: It takes 32 minutes to take you to the Dubai Mall from Airport Terminal 3. First, you need to board a train to take you to Deira City Centre, and from there you will get a bus to take you to the Dubai Mall. Entire journey would cost you around 116 to 166 INR.
Metro: After every 10 minutes interval, there is a metro that starts from Airport Terminal 3 to take you to the Burj Khalifa metro station. From there, you can easily walk down to the Dubai Mall. Metro ticket would cost you around 60 to 85 INR per head.
By road: You can either hire a taxi (850 to 1100 INR), or drive your own way, or refer a Uber to reach the Dubai Mall from the airport.
Must Check: 15 Awesome Things to Do in Dubai Airport
Best Time to Visit Dubai Mall
Weekends are the best time to enjoy at The Dubai Mall. However, be prepared for some struggles as weekends generally tend to be busier here. As stores open correctly from 10 am, reach there on time to enjoy to the fullest.
Recommended Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai
What Not to Miss at Dubai Mall
Here is the list of best places to visit near Dubai Mall:
1. Ski Dubai (Emirates Mall): Built in the true mountainous style, Ski Dubai of Emirates Mall offers an unrivalled skating experiencing for the skating lovers. It is just 11 minutes distance from The Dubai Mall. You only need to pay a sum of 3655 INR or 195 AED to enjoy some quality time here. So, to enjoy ski at Ski Dubai book Ski Dubai at Flat 10% Off
2. Burj Khalifa: World-renowned mega skyscraper, Burj Khalifa, is all spell bounding for its magnificence and elegance. Climb its 124th floor to get a feel of paradise wherein you can capture some panoramic views of the surrounding beauty. At a nominal charge of 2284 INR or AED 129, you can step in for a myriad of night sightseeing activities in Dubai
3. Dubai Creek: Flowing through the city’s heart, this saltwater creek exhibits the sophisticated architectural style of ancient Dubai. Do not forget to board on the Dhow Cruise to experience Dubai Creek serene water. Cruising here won’t cost you anything more than 3896 INR or AED 220.
4. Dubai Fountains: Once at The Dubai Mall, do not miss on the mesmerizing views of the Dubai Fountains. Every night there is a light, and sound show organized here for the entertainment of the onlookers. You can book Dubai Fountain Lake Ride and skip all the hassle.
5. The Madinat Theatre: This state-of-art theatre accounts as one of the noteworthy sightseeing paradises of Dubai. Great musicians reach here to exhibit their harmonious melodies. As the musical shows here runs out of tickets, it is advisable to pre-book your show tickets well in advance.
6. The Arabian Desert: The tour sounds incomplete without experiencing a desert safari in Dubai. Sand skiing, dune bashing, camel riding, and quad biking are some of the adventurous activities to do in Dubai. Cultural performance such as Belly Dancing, Tanura Dance Show, and a Majestic Fire Show are the center of attraction of this Arabian Desert.
7. Lost Chambers: Yet another worthy of visiting themed marine aquarium, Lost Chambers homes to stingrays, sharks, seahorses, and other marine life to leave you speechless. Aqua Trek, shark safari, ray feeding and Atlantis dive are some of the activities to enjoy here. You just need to pay a sum of 1771 INR or AED 100 per head to step in at Lost Chambers.
8. Spa Center: Palace Downtown of Dubai offers you with an incredible experience of tailor-made spa sessions. To list a few of the available options are almond oil wrap, aromatherapy, chocolate body scrub, and others.
Discover More: 30 Best Spas in Dubai
9. Uptown Bar: To breathe in the cool breeze blowing through the airs of Dubai, do not forget to land at the Uptown Bar. The outstanding jazz music here will definitely leave you amazed to plan your hangouts with friends or your soulmate. A night here would cost you around 8851 INR or AED 500 for two heads.
10. 360 Lounge: Offering some magnificent views of both Burj Al Arab and coastline, 360 Lounge offers the best sunset view in the city. Do not forget to miss on the stunning views of the glittering coastline that dazzles in the nightlight.
Things to Do in Dubai Mall
Except from being the typical Mall to roam, halt and dine, there are a lot of things to do in Dubai Mall that will keep all its visitors engaged in its magnificence. Here are some mall activities to enjoy:
1. Midnight broomball on ice: Throughout the daytime, Olympic Size Ice Rink at The Dubai Mall is the busiest place for ice skaters. However, as soon as the Mall shuts down at night, the ice rink transforms itself into heaven to enjoy the ultimate broomball.
2. Print 3D candy: Known as the sweetest hotspots of The Dubai Mall, Print 3D candy accounts for being the first 3D gummy printer in the world. You will be amazed to see it printing around 20 different designs inclusive of the Dubai skyline.
3. FIFA certified football pitch: As soon as you reach on the second floor of the Mall, do not miss this opportunity to play football at the football pitch ‘Goal’ (all-singing-all-dancing). Although suitable for teenagers between 10 to 15 years old, you can surely enjoy watching your kids entertain themselves.
4. King Croc at the underwater zoo: It's now time for some exciting entertainment! Head towards Dubai’s Underwater Zoo to meet up the King Croc. For some more entertainment, make sure that you traverse through the tree-top walkway which appears to be suspended over the super-sized fish tank.
5. Enjoy while your kids are busy with their mini-city: Let your child be himself at the KidZania’s entertainment park. It will definitely give him some educational experience to work at Maccy D’s or save someone’s life as a medical professional. KidZania is there to take care of your child’s little dreams. Make this a a perfect day out with family in KidZania.
6. Face-off with Sand Tiger Shark: Watching sharks and stingrays jumping in the underwater fish tanks in Dubai Aquarium is wonderful sightseeing. But did you ever had a face-off with Sand Tiger Sharks? Book tickets now at Dubai Aquarium if you want to experience it.
7. Enjoy at Rage Skate Bowl: Level 2 of The Dubai Mall exhibits a Rage Skate Bowl for you to spend some quality time at skating throughout the day. It is known as the best keeping skating secrets of the city.
8. Enjoy your date night at Platinum Cinema Suites: Keeping aside your usual cinema trip, plan your date night out at Platinum Cinema Suites. It is one of the leading date night destinations or specially meant for those who wish to have some relaxing time after a long and tiring day. Enjoy chilling in your comfy throne in front of a big screen and watch your favorite movies.
9. Try a hand at F1 car racing: Next, to the waterfall, there is a Ferrari store on level 1 wherein you can ride a Ferrari and experience the magic of Yas Island’s Ferrari World.
Suggested Read: Amazing Activities to do in Dubai
Other Essential Information About Dubai Mall
Location: Financial Center Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: The Dubai Mall functions on all weekdays and weekends from 10 am to 12 am.
Price: You won't be charged for your entry into The Dubai Mall. However, there are charges for entering The Dubai Mall’s Aquarium and Discovery Centre. A standard entry ticket shall cost you around AED 55 with access to both zoo and aquarium. It accounts for 14.97 USD and 1046.32 INR.
The Platinum Aquarium Package costs around AED 80 with access to Behind the Scenes tour in addition to entry to both zoo and aquarium. It accounts for 21.78 USD and 1521.92 INR. Annual Membership currently costs around AED 150, which accounts to 40.84 USD and 2853.60 INR.
Tips for Visiting Dubai Mall
- Plan your visit to The Dubai Mall in accordance with the Dubai Shopping Festival. It usually takes place throughout the 31 days of the first month of the year. This is the time when you can reap out maximum benefits from your visit to The Dubai Mall.
- Follow the predefined dress code at The Dubai Mall that is you should cover your shoulder and knees.
- Throughout Ramadan, you are forbidden from drinking openly in public places. This restricts enjoyment at The Dubai Mall’s eateries until it is dark out there.
- The Dubai Mall has its own mobile application to download and follow the prompts leading to your favorite retail stores.
Also Read: 30 Best Places for Shopping in Dubai