About Burj Al ArabBurj Al Arab Jumeirah has landmarked Dubai city, rightly so, since it is one of the top five super-luxury hotels in the world. More than a hotel, it is one of the iconic tourist destinations in Dubai that is visited by tourists from all around the world. And, it has its own island!
Thrown open to the public in December of 1999 and known by its distinct sail-shaped architecture, Burj Al Arab rises over 321 metres above the sea level, making it one of the tallest hotels in the world. It is even taller than the Eiffel Tower.
It is the world’s only seven-star hotel in the world and offers the penultimate luxury to its guests. Right from chauffeur driven Rolls Royce to gold plated marble facades, extravagant menus by Michelin-starred chefs, luxuriant Hermes toiletries, personal attendants, around 85,000 hand-fixed Swarovski crystals, flowers shipped from Holland, Kenya & Thailand, In-room connectivity by Apple, the Burj is known for overwhelming whoever visits it for the first time.
It can be safely said that Burj Al Arab has changed how modern Dubai is perceived. Tourists and visitors can enter the hotel only up till the lobby. To actually enter the hotel, you are required to book a room. The hotel is primarily done up in deep gold and saffron colour silhouettes that lends it a super-rich look. The atrium of the hotel is separated from the external environment by fibreglass that is held together by a network of steel cables. This helps in minimising the extreme desert dry air, sand, and heat to enter the hotel, at the same time allowing softened daylight to light up the entire property.
The hotel’s terrace is almost a destination in itself with over 126 beach sunbeds, luxurious butler-serviced Cabanas, complete with private shower areas. Burj has 202 suites ranging from 170sqm to 780 sqm Royal suite, which can be booked at $24,000 per night.
Suggested read: 50 Best Dubai Tour Packages.
How to Reach Burj Al Arab
The hotel provides a variety of chauffeur driven luxury cars like BMW, Rolls Royce, and Chevrolet Tahoe for private and comfortable transportation of its guests from the Dubai International Airport.
Other options are travelling by the Metro, which takes around an hour’s time or booking a private taxi or an Uber, which will take you around 20 minutes to reach the Burj.
If you have to stay for too long at the Dubai airport here is the list of 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport.
Best Time to Visit Burj Al Arab
The best time to visit Burj Al Arab is between the months of November and December or during March. You will find less number of tourists and cooler weather. The months of December till February make Dubai very crowded since a number of festivals are held during these months.
Summer months from April till August are not advisable due to extremely hot and dry weather, typical of a desert.
Suggested read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai.
What Not to Miss at Burj Al Arab
Here are some of the best places to visit near Burj Al Arab:
1. Wild Wadi Waterpark, Jumeirah Beach Road Umm Suqeim 3: children and adventure enthusiasts alike love this Arabain themed waterpark for its water slides, rides, lazy river, wave pool, and much more. There are plenty of options to eat inside the waterpark. To book wild wadi waterpark click here.
2. Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project, Jumeirah Madinat: It is a beautiful natural oasis housing different varieties of sea turtles. Children and adults love to see the majestic marine animals rehabilitated in a natural habitat.
3. Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Jumeirah Road: This is an outdoor mall built in the traditional Arab style. It houses shops selling souvenirs and restaurants offering international as well as traditional Arabic cuisines.
4. Cove Beach, 11 A St. I Jumeirah Beach Hotel: This is a great cabana-style beach club to relax and lounge with views of the turquoise green waters and white sands.
5. Glory Art Gallery, 856 Jumeirah Road: This art gallery is a one of the must visit Place in Dubai for all the culture and art enthusiasts. It houses artworks from artists around the world as well as some of the renowned artists from Dubai.
6. Wow Kids Amusement Arcade, Umm Suqeim 3, Level 1, The Mall Jumeirah, Opposite Jumeirah Beach Resort: This amusement arcade offers futuristic entertainment through exciting digital media technologies for children. They love the interactive installations like ExoPlanet, Alien Strike, and Sketch Aquarium. Click here, to check the list of Luxury resorts in Dubai.
7. Escape Reality, Sheikh Zayad Road, Indigo Sky, 1st Floor Next to First Abu Dhabi Bank Metro Station: This is a state of the art gaming zone that promises to keep you and the children engaged for hours through challenging puzzles and experiences.
8. Mall of the Emirates, Sheikh Zayad Road: This is one of the must-visit malls if you are a connoisseur of international luxury brands. It also houses an indoor ski resort along with movie theatres and restaurants offering a variety of traditional and international cuisine.
Must read: 15 Best Malls in Dubai.
Things to Do in Burj Al Arab
1. Talise Spa: Luxuriate in one of the best spa experiences around the world at Talise Spa. The Spa offers separate enclosures for men and women along with an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, spa, and plunge pools. The spa is bathed in serene lights and has a cool and relaxed environment.
Click here to see the list of 30 Best Spas in Dubai.
2. The Terrace: This is literally the terrace at Burj Al Arab and is a magnificent holiday destination in itself. It houses a freshwater pool, luxury cabanas, beach sunbeds, and a 1120 sqm artificial beach area to give you an experience of being on a beach at 321 metres above sea level. Enjoy international cuisines at Scape Restaurant and Bar.
3. Gold on 27: Gold on 27 is the bar at Burj Al Arab that is bound to stun you with its magnificent splendour. The interiors of the place are done up in hues of bright golden colours. The place serves signature cocktails by award-winning mixologists. The drinks are inspired by the rich Arab culture and use ingredients like dates and other traditional spices & herbs.
4. Hire a private yacht: The guests staying at the Burj Al Arab can hire a private yacht service to take a relaxing cruise in the sea. A private butler and a hostess to ensure your comfort will accompany you on the cruise. You can also opt for a spa therapist to accompany you to enjoy a luxurious spa experience in the midst of the sea. wanna know more about Dubai cruise tours then, click here.
Check out the list of 55 Best things to Do in Dubai to know which activities you can do while you are in Dubai.
Other Essential Information About Burj Al Arab
Location: Burj Al Arab is located along the Jumeirah Beach Road, around 25 kilometres from the Dubai International Airport.
Timings: Burj Al Arab is a full-service hotel and is accessible 24/7 by the guests residing there. Tourists and visitors can visit the property for dining or having high tea at any of the nine restaurants.
Price: The prices of the suites at Burj Al Arab range from $1000 up to $ 24,000 per night depending on the suite that you book.
Also, check out the list of 20 Best Villas in Dubai
Tips for Visiting Burj Al Arab
Keep a tab on the suite-booking amount that you have paid at the time of the initial booking. There are cases when the prices go down in between the booking periods. In case that happens, don’t hesitate to cancel your booking and make a new one.
Instead of using luxury cars like Rolls Royce, Lamborghini etc. provided by the hotel for local sightseeing or for airport transfers, you could use the local taxis. These taxis are not only easily available but also cost way less than luxury cars.
Try to get the hotel to include breakfast in your menu as an add-on. Else, breakfast even as a part of the buffet is quite steeply priced.
You can get an inside view of the Burj only if you are staying at the hotel or if you are dining there. It is not open to visitors just for sightseeing.
Also check: 15 Best Things To Do & Places to Visit in Dubai for Free