About Motiongate DubaiMotiongate Dubai is the world’s largest Hollywood inspired adventure park for complete family entertainment. The true beauty of Motiongate Dubai reflects a blend of legendary film studios – Lionsgate, Columbia Pictures, and DreamWorks Animation.
It's now time to peep behind the reel Hollywood presentations and go behind the scenes – precisely what the Motiongate Dubai promises you with. Understand the illusion of the filmmaking process, as well as creating both innovative and engaging stories at Motiongate Dubai.
Planning a Trip to Dubai? Here are our best Selling Dubai Tour Packages
The entire theme park is split across into five different zones – Columbia Pictures, DreamWorks, Smurfs Village, Lionsgate, and Studio Central. Featuring around 27 different Hollywood inspired rides and attractions, Motiongate Dubai offers you a fair chance to go beyond the screen and greet your favourite characters. Capitol Bullet Train, Panem Aerial Tour, Hotel Transylvania, Underworld 4D, Zombieland Blast Off, Ghostbusters: Battle for New York, The Green Hornet: High-Speed Chase and Flint’s Imagination Lab are some noteworthy attractions.
Motiongate Dubai zones are inspired by around 13 different action and animated films such as Hotel Transylvania, The Smurfs, Shrek, Ghostbusters, and The Hunger Games. Five exhilarating roller coaster rides of Motiongate Dubai defines its aura at yet another level. Amongst all, Madagascar Mad Pursuit is must-see as it is Dubai’s fastest roller coaster rides.
There are around 15 retail outlets, nine restaurants for family, and multiple kiosks to satiate your appetite. Also, there’s a Hollywood Theatre which serves as a multi-purpose one with a seating capacity for 1000 heads. At the end of your visit, do not forget to pick some merchandise or souvenirs from retail outlets.
Checkout: Best Themeparks in Dubai you must not miss on your vacation
How to Reach Motiongate Dubai
Try any of the following routes to make your way to the Motiongate Dubai from Dubai Airport:
By Metro – There’s a Red Line Metro Service available from Airport Terminal 3 to drop you at the Jebel Ali. Your journey from Airport Terminal 3 to Jebel Ali will last for around 1 hour and 03 minutes and will cost you about 70 to 140 INR. Once you reach Jebel Ali, hire a taxi to drop you at your final destination. Jebel Ali is present at a distance of around 21m drive from Motiongate Dubai. Your taxi journey shall cost you around 900 to 1000 INR.
By Bus – Start your journey from the Airport Terminal 3 by boarding a Red Line which will drop you at Burjuman. Red Line is available every 10 minutes, so you don’t need to worry about its frequency. Also, it will hardly take around 10 minutes to drop you at the Burjuman and will cost you approximately 50 to 90 INR. Walk towards Burjuman Metro Bus Stop A to board Bus No. 91 which will drop you at the Jebel Ali Free Zone, Kanoo Group. This journey shall last for around an hour and will cost you somewhere between 120 to 180 INR. Your final destination is at a drive of about 14 minutes from Jebel Ali Free Zone, Kanoo Group. You can hire a taxi to drop you there at a charge of around 500 to 700 INR.
By Drive – A direct drive from Dubai Airport to the Motiongate Dubai will require around 42 minutes. The distance between your start and endpoints is approximately 59.7km. In case you have a private car, you will only have to pay for the fuel.
By Towncar – Jayride provides town car services that run between Dubai Airport and Motiongate Dubai. Your town car ride will cost you around 5000 to 7000 INR. It is better to go ahead with the Towncar selection if you are arriving in a group of more than 3 people or you have a lot of luggage along with you.
By Uber – Uber also offers its transfer services from Dubai Airport to Motiongate Dubai. Your Uber drive will cost you around 3000 to 4000 INR for a one-way trip. Again, this alternative is useful if you are planning to visit Motiongate Dubai in a group or carrying heavy luggage.
Also, Book: Private Cab from Dubai Airport to anywhere in Dubai.
You May Also Like: Feeling Bored on the Airport? Check out the Best Things to do in Dubai Airport
Best Time to Visit Motiongate Dubai
The period between November to March is the best time to schedule your visit to Motiongate Dubai. It will take approximately 4 to 5 hours to wind up your entire tour here.
Suggested Read: Best Time to Visit Dubai for your Holiday
What Not to Miss at Motiongate Dubai
Here are some of the best places to visit near Motiongate Dubai:
1. Bollywood Parks Dubai: With the establishment of Bollywood Parks, Dubai has paid massive respect to Bollywood and all its associated things. It is a perfect place to stroll for those who are looking for some action, adventure, romance, comedy and drama all at one go. Book Now and Get 20% Off
2. Riverland Dubai: This is a gateway to direct you towards the Dubai Parks and Resorts. The French Village, India Gate, Boardwalk, and The Peninsula combines to presents you with a vibrant blend of dining, entertainment and retail.
3. Legoland Dubai: This place is massively visited by almost all first time Dubai tourists. It homes to around 60 different interactive slides, shows, and water slides to give you a great Legoland Dubai experience.
Now get your Legoland Dubai Tickets for Flat 25% Off Here.
4. The Outlet Village: The Outlet Village is a Shopper’s paradise of Dubai both for homecare and homeware products.
5. JA Shooting Club: JA Shooting Club is a place for shooters of every level to put on their skills and tactics at test and trial. It is a blend of both indoor and outdoor academy. The moment you feel tired, you can relax within the Shooter’s restaurant and have some quick bites to revitalize yourself.
Suggested Read: Best Places to Visit in Dubai for Holiday
Things to Do in Motiongate Dubai
1. Family Rides
- Hotel Transylvania: This ride gives you a fair chance to explore the charm of the gothic mansion and witness the terrific horror that’s hidden within.
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs: This is a river expedition of the Motiongate Dubai. It is a huge vessel like thing with a capacity to accommodate around 8 heads. As the water currents splash here and there, your vessel shall sail over its surface and lead you towards the finishing point. You can compete with other families here and beat their speed to reach the closing point.
- Ghostbusters Battle for New York: Enhance all your ghost-busting skills for complete family entertainment at the Ghostbusters Battle for New York.
- Smurfs Studio Tours: Smurf Studio Tours gives you an exciting opportunity to hop in an around the smurf village or stroll around spectacular studios.
- Smurfs Village Playhouse: Here, you will be participating in a live animated interactive show where you can interact with Brainy Smurf.
- Shrek’s Merry Fairy Tale Journey: Witness a Merry Fairy Tale like never before! This real love story begins with a heartwarming start and has an end which is surely going to leave you spellbound.
Besides, you have Mr Ping’s Noodle Fling, Kung Fu Panda: Unstoppable Awesomeness, Melman Go Round, Penguin Air, Camp Viking, and Fountain of Dream to enjoy.
Suggested Read: Best Places to Visit in Dubai with your Family
2. Kids Rides
- Mr Ping’s Noodle Fling: After a nice heavy meal at Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop, do make an extra effort to enjoy the twirling carousels around.
- Swamp Celebration: Shrek and Fiona are here to celebrate your birthday bash unusually. The ride which you see here is both rocking and rolling as it blisters across mud bubbles.
- Melman-Go-Round: Melman-Go-Round has a giant frenetic carousel for your little ones to enjoy their heart out.
- Penguin Air: At Penguin Air, you can join the penguins and be a part of their crew. They will further lead you towards the Penguin Aircraft Adventure where you can glide freely.
- The Swinging Viking: Ruffnut and Tuffnut are ready with their Viking ship to drive you all the way to the nut farm to bag some of the nice ones.
Apart from these, you also have Camp Viking, Smurf Studio Tours, and Smurf Village Express to let your kids enjoy their personal space.
Also, Check: Awesome & Fun Things to do in Dubai with Kids on your Vacation
3. Motion Simulators
- Underworld 4D: Here, you get a chance to enjoy a battle that once occurred between Vampires and Lycans and is still on even after 800 years of its evolution. What makes this motion simulator unique is that you will get a thrilling touch here with a 4D multi-sensory effects.
- Kung Fu Panda: Unstoppable Awesomeness: Rescue and meet the legendary legends of Kung Fu. This is must-watch 4D motion simulator adventure for your child to unveil the hidden secrets of Kung Fu Panda’s world.
- Panem Aerial Tour: Experience the magic of 4F hovercraft motion with exhilaration at Panem Aerial Tour.
Popular Read: Best Places to Visit in Dubai on your Romantic Honeymoon
4. Play Area
- Flint’s Imagination Labs: Take a quick look at some of the cutting edge technologies within the boundaries of Flint’s Imagination Labs. This place is all meant for all the science lovers and explorers.
- Smurfberry Factory: Meet the Smurfs at work in their bluish white-clad attire while they are indulged in the production of berries at their factory.
- Woodland Play Park: Woodland Play Park offers some exciting games and activities for your children to enjoy a perfect outdoor space.
You May Also Like: Fun Things to do in Dubai for Fun lovers
5. Roller Coaster Rides
Flint Imagination Labs, Zombieland Blast-Off, The Green Hornet: High-Speed Chase, Smurfberry Factory, Woodland Play Park, Smurf Village Express, Madagascar Mad Pursuit, Dragon Gliders, and Capitol Bullet Train are some rides to enjoy here.
- Step Up Dubai, All In: This is a high-end show blending music and dance perfectly to soothe your nerves and relax you for a while. Also, there are jaw-dropping stunts, and performances from some of the best and hottest hip hop dancers of the town.
- Kung Fu Panda Academy: Master all your Kung Fu skills with the man himself. It’s really going to be a hilarious moment for your child as some of them might be called up on stage to exhibit their Kung Fu skills.
- King Julien’s Side Show Stomp: Engage yourself in the live performances of the best crew from Madagascar at one and only one King Julien’s Side Show Stomp.
- Operational Penguin Shake: Have a sweet and interactive encounter with the penguins while Captain Chantel DuBois is all busy finding someone. Guess who it is?
Popular Reads: Best Desert Safari Experience in Dubai you must not Miss
7. Water Rides
While Motiongate Dubai is all about a fun-filled adventure, it doesn’t stay behind when it comes to enjoying water rides. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs -River Expedition, Step up Dubai, All In, Kung Fu Panda Academy, King Julien’s Side Show Stomp, and Operation Penguin Shake are worthy of spending some quality time here.
Other Essential Information About Motiongate Dubai
Location: Park and Resorts - Sheikh Zayed Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Motiongate Dubai operates on all days of the week. Except for Thursdays and Fridays, you can step in anytime between 02:00 am to 10:00 pm. However, on Thursdays and Fridays, you can have an extra hour at enjoyment as the park shuts down by 11:00 pm
Price: Per Person INR 3299(approx AED 175). Book Now to avail our special offer on Motiongate Dubai Tickets.
Popular Reads: Best Things to do in Dubai for your Perfect Holiday
Restaurants in Motiongate Dubai
Motiongate Dubai won’t leave you hungry at all. There are myriads of dining options to try here for some mouth-watering foods -
1. Hotel Beastro: You’ll get some monstrously delicious quick bites here such as chicken, burgers, fried foods, salads and sandwiches. Ice-creams and other desserts are some of their outstanding delicacies to try for sure.
2. Mr Ping’s Noodle Shop: Try their range of cuisines right in the Chinese style. Noodle soup, steamed dumplings, and fried rice are unique delicacies of this dining zone.
3. King Julien’s Side Show Café: It is one of the best Cafe in Dubai. There’s finger-licking chicken, vegan quiches, mashed potatoes, and shepherd's pie to grab from King Julien’s Side Show Café. While you enjoy your family dinner time here, do not forget to be a part of their full-fledged dance party.
4. Very Smurfy Café: Baker Smurf is ever-ready to serve you with some smurfy sneak peek. Here, you can feed on some Arabic style cuisines, and sandwiches. To customize your healthy platter with side stuff such as grilled chicken and Italian style pizzas.
5. Baby Brent’s Luncheonette: If you are a big fan of sliced pizzas or salads or pasta, Baby Brent’s Luncheonette is a perfect family restaurant to reserve your seat.
6. The Candy Apple: For ages, the Candy Apples are known to provide a feast which is both adventurous and scrumptious. Indulge yourself in its appetizers, rack of lamb, bangers, beef, and mash with other classic entrees.
7. Dragon Flame Grill: Gourmet shawarma, tabbouleh and grilled kebabs are best served at the Dragon Flame Grill.
Suggested Read: Best Restaurants in Dubai which serve Heaven on your Table.
Places to Shop in Motiongate Dubai
Besides being known for its theme-based fun-filled adventure, Motiongate Dubai is known as a shopper’s paradise. Here are some of the best places to shop -
1. Daily Variety Store: Daily Variety Store is a one-stop location to shop for some exciting merchandise. Right from toys to jewellery to the flip flops to apparels, they’ve got everything here.
2. Sweet Sweet Nothings: Do highlight this place on your Motiongate Dubai itinerary to shop for some signatory sweets and candies. This shop sells wide assortments of chocolates, jellybeans, lollipops and gummy bears.
3. Lens Fair: Lens Fair is here to serve you with some of the exciting memories of Motiongate Dubai. Do not forget to go through the extensive collection of photographs they have in store in their hall of fame.
4. Studio Store: For all those who are in search of Hollywood related products, can get it all under the roof of Studio Store. Film reel accessories, apparel, and other souvenirs are things to buy here.
5. Creature Comforts: Here you can get some Hotel Transylvania inspired products such as mugs, caps, notebooks, and magnets.
6. Ghostly Gifts: Enjoy picking your favourite Ghostbuster spirit photos or other souvenirs at Ghostly Gifts and scare your siblings with a thrill.
7. Gifts to Die For: Planning to gift something to someone special on the upcoming Halloween? Try the Gift to Die For shop at Motiongate Dubai and search on an exciting range of Halloween products and other gift stuff.
8. Smurfs Studios Stores: Get back to your childhood days or gift your child something unique this year. Smurfs Studios Stores has an exciting collection of smurfy toys, flip flops and beach towels.
9. Shrek Shak: Dwelling in and around Shrek Shak is undoubtedly going to engage you to invest in buying some Shrek’s belongings. There are pencils, magnets, notebooks, terrific bags, and crazy mugs to buy. And guess what? You can even meet the dear princess of Shrek at Shak – Fiona.
10. Hiccup’s Workshop: Have you ever thought about how you could train your dragon? If not, Hiccup’s Workshop is the right place for you. Besides learning how to train your dragon, Hiccup’s Workshop is all about good stuff as a takeaway memory of Motiongate Dubai. Shields, bags, notebooks, helmets, and night furry mugs are some of those special things to gift someone.
11. Big Top Treasures: Take your favourite characters home from the Big Top Treasures. Meet Alex, and his friends – Gloria, Marty, Melman, and Penguins at the Big Top Treasures. You can surely collect some notebooks, travel bags, travel bags, and signature mugs from here.
12. Dragon Warrior Shrine and Gift Shop: Every single exhibit at the Dragon Warrior Shrine and Gift Shop are incredible. Grab a hold on Kung Fu Panda products – apparels, t-shirts, awesome mugs, caps etc. at Dragon Warrior Shrine and Gift Shop.
Besides those mentioned above, Motiongate Dubai homes to other shops such as Silver Screen Sundries, Tim and Son’s Bait Shop, and Panem Supply Co.
You May Also Like: Top Shopping Experience in Dubai you should not Miss.
Tips for Visiting Motiongate Dubai
- Purchasing tickets online will fetch you a good discount.
- To avail reasonable offers, prefer to buy multi-park tickets.
- It is always better to arrive early during the opening hours of Motiongate Dubai. Arriving early gives you a fair chance to avoid crowds and enjoy all the rides and attractions to the fullest.
- Navigating through different zones of the Motiongate Dubai is quite easier. There are around 5 different zones to enjoy here. There’s a high possibility of some rides to be under maintenance. You can re-visit those later.
- In case you are planning to bring your children here at the Motiongate Dubai, cross-check all the rides which are compatible with them. For this purpose, you may browse to their official website for height requirements. Bigger children surely have got a lot of things to do within.
- If it is convenient for you, please try to plan your visit to Motiongate Dubai during weekdays. Weekends tend to be quite busy here. Besides, summers are best to enjoy at Motiongate Dubai as the crowd is almost non-existent during this period.
- As Dreamworks is purely an indoor attraction, it is better to get the most out of it while the sunlight is still on. You can reserve outdoor attractions to be enjoyed in the nightlight.
- Before you step out from your house, make sure that you have charged your cell phones and camera quite well.
- If you have any children accompanying you, make sure to spare some time off to enjoy snack breaks. Also, make sure that each of your group members stays hydrated throughout the visit.
- Always keep it a point to check the weather conditions before you plan on your visit to the Motiongate Dubai.
- Motiongate Dubai homes to ATM, drinking fountains, first aid stations, strollers, lockers, and wheelchair facilities.
- Many rides and attractions here have a specific limitation concerning height requirements. Please cross-check it before you plan out your itinerary.
- You won’t be allowed to smoke once you step inside the Motiongate Dubai as it completely smoke-free park.
- You can’t carry your pets along with you.
- Do not forget to make the best use of the tram facility, which interconnects different zones within Motiongate Dubai. It is an excellent time-saving option.
Popular Read: Best Malls in Dubai you must visit on your Holiday