Dubai, located on the southeast coast of the Persian Gulf, is the largest and the most populated city of United Arab Emirates. The state of the art architecture, mesmerizing skyline, magnificent culture, high fashion and breathtaking experiences makes Dubai a haven for tourists.
Great Offer: Book Dhow Dinner Cruise Flat 18% Off
Steal Deal: Book Burj Khalifa Flat 11% Off
Dubai, which is most often associated with the revolutionary appeal and abundance of western entertainments – a shiny metro that zips through the sky like something out of a Hollywood sci fi, high end shopping malls, pish-posh beach, an indoor ski park, and numerous bars – there is just as much fun for you in the simple pleasures of “the Orient”: you can easily haggle for all the gold Dubai is famous for and visit the bustling marketplaces, don’t miss out on basking in the sunset from the back of a camel, inhaling from a fragrant sheesha pipe on the fairly-lit deck of an old wooden dhow. There is no dearth of things to be done in Dubai – and quite literally, this place offers something for everyone.
Cracker Deal: Book Dubai Sightseeing Tour Flat 25% Off
Best Offer: Book Desert Safari With Dinner Flat 40% Off
And of course, do not ever EVER miss the mighty Burj Al Arab. The architectural wonder is intoxicatingly beautiful and is the tall, standing example of the term GRAND. For more exciting things to know about Dubai keep reading ahead, and do make sure you do not miss out on any of the wonderful experiences. With these wonders at your footstep, Dubai is a place that one must not miss!
Here are some of the places to visit in Dubai:
The tallest building in the world with a height of 828 meters, Burj Khalifa in Dubai used to be known as Burj Dubai. 162 rooms and an antenna in the top of the building have given the whole tower world’s attraction from the moment it came into existence in 2008.
The construction of the tower was started in 2004 and it was opened to the public in 2010 as a part of the new development of the Government called Downtown Dubai. Burj Khalifa was considered to be the masterpiece of the popular large scale, mixed-use development.
It was built and named in honour of the ruler of Abu Dhabi, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan. The design of the building came into the artistic mind and famous designer Adrian Smith, then working for Skidmore, Owings and Merrill.
Highlights: This tallest skyscraper has 162 rooms and has the world’s tallest elevator spans up to 140 levels. The highest occupied floor in the building is 153rd floor where parties and events are occurred frequently and it has a private terrace as well. Experts believe that Burj Khalifa is the perfect blend of different aesthetic senses from different cultures around the globe.
The spider lily, a widely cultivated flower in Dubai is said to be the influence for the architectural design of the building. At 555 meters, the SKY or the highest outdoor observatory space exists spreads across the levels of 148 and 125 of the building. The recent attraction is the spiral flight which has 36 steps in white oak and has a length of 100 meters. It is made beautiful with the crystal LED Chandelier.
Location: It is located at 1 Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard, Dubai, UAE. From Dubai main city, it is just 1.7 km away.
Timings: Opens daily from 9 AM to 11 PM.
Price: Prices vary according to timings and age but approximate pricing ranges from 125 AED to 500 AED.
When we talk about desert safari the first place that strikes your mind is Dubai. Dubai has always been a favorite destination when it comes to desert adventure. One such favoured activity is the Desert safari in Dubai . Enjoy riding through the desert while enjoy riding through the desert while soaking in the scenic views.
The timings of your tour depend on the packages which you are choosing from. While in Dubai you can find of number of tour operators which provides you with the best desert safari. There are also night safari, evening safari and day safari in Dubai.
Highlights: Halt to watch the lovely dusk before reaching your destination where you have the chance to enjoy a camel ride, sand boarding and experiment with henna close by or feet.
Location: Dubai Desert, Dubai.
A lot of you might be searching for that perfect lucury while you are travelling to Dubai. Well then you have the famous Dubai Creek which is the perfect place for you. Dubai Creek is a saltwater creek which is a part of the new Dubai canal it extends through to the Persian Gulf.
Dubai Creek is one the emirate's most beautiful areas that especially stand out for its conventional atmosphere and appeal. Regardless of the record-breaking points of interest involving tall structures and excitement settings that dab over the city, this normal seawater brook remains as the genuine personality of Dubai and is a living representation of the nation's long-standing convention.
Going through the heart of the city, the river isolates Dubai into two noteworthy regions: Bur Dubai and Deira. A retro vibe is obvious in each alcove and corner of the rivulet and its encompassing territories.
Highlights: Old-style structures that reflect rich Arabian accommodation, conventional style wooden dhows, and clamoring souks – all make Dubai Creek very extraordinary. With the warm and shallow water one can find a variety of rich marine life here. Take a stroll through the amazing beauty of the region and enjoy the mixture of old and modernity while you visit this place.
Location: The Dubai creek is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Jumeirah International, a great group of hoteliers is the guardians of Wild Wadi Waterpark, located in Jumeriah, Dubai near to Burj Al Arab. This is a famous outdoor water park with a heated or cooled wave pool, two artificial surfing machines, and numerous water slides and earlier it used to have the largest water slide apart from North America but it was removed in order to give space to two other major rides.
The featured attraction of the park is a relishing waterfall of 18 meters and it goes off every ten minutes. To keep people entertained the park has established two gift shops, restaurants, snack stands etc.
Highlights: There are 30 fun filled rides made equally suitable for any type of person. Built on the theme of the tale of Juha, a person from the Arabian folklore, Wild Wadi Water Park surprises kids as well as adults. The amazing rides include white water wadi, wadi lookout, Falaj Fury, Jebel Lookout, Flood River Flyer, Tumble Falls, Falcon Fury, Tunnel of Doom, Thunder Rapids, and Rushing Rapids and so on.
The two new exciting rides are Tantrum Alley and Burj Surj that replaced some old rides and these two rides are one-of-a-kind rides very new to the region. The separate changing rooms for men and women with lockers are an additional advantage the park has.
Location: Jumeriah, Dubai, UAE. The park is located at a distance of 15.7 km from Dubai.
Timings: The park will be open on all days from 10:00 am to 07:00 pm. There is a separate Wadi for women that will be open on Thursdays from 08:00 pm to 12:00 midnight.
There may not be any other zoo or aquarium where people are freely interacting with dolphins and seals than at Dubai Dolphinarium. An exclusive living space for the gentle, human friendly animals of the sea, dolphins and seals are protected and preserved properly at Dubai Dolphinarium and now it has received wide accolades and recognition.
Located in the creek side park at Bur Dubai, the dolphinarium is a very special spot for children as well since they find these species of water very adorable and cute. The aquarium is supported by Dubai Municipality since it came into existence in 2008. There entertainment programs and shows at regular times here so that people would love to spend much time with their families and kids. The dolphinarium was built with an aim to motivate the young generation to protect marine life and its habitat intact.
Highlights: The activities of bottlenose dolphins and seals leave everyone at pure laughter and joy and there are separate fun activities like acrobatics, singing, dancing, playing balls etc done by these charming animals. There are different pools for the dolphins and also a private habitat with sea water connected to these pools.
A medical pool and seal pool constructed in addition to the existing pools make their lives better and safe. Here, one can spot Senya, Ksyusha, Tetka, Jerry and Fekla which are the bottlenose dolphins and four seals named Ghosha, Fila, Lusha and Max. Kids’ Summer Camp, Dubai Summer Surprises are some of the major events arranged here to grab the public attention on a large scale.
Location: Riyadh Street, Inside the Creek Park Gate No.1, Umm Hurair 2, Dubai. It is about 11 kms from Dubai main city via Abu Dhabi- Ghweifat International Highway or Sheikh Zayed Road.
Timings: The dolphinarium is open on all days from 10:00 to 07:30 pm except on Sundays.
Price: Different types of entry fees are there depending on your selection. To swim with dolphins costs one price while for watching the show costs different price.
Shallow water- Swimming with Dolphins: 450 AED
Deep Water- Swimming with Dolphins- 600 AED
This time remain awestruck while you visit one of the most wonderful Ferrari world in Dubai and be ready to try the ultimate loop. Ferrari World Abu Dhabi is the ultimate mecca situated on Yas Island. It is the primary Ferrari-marked amusement park and has the record for the biggest space outline structure at any point assembled.
The recreation center additionally holds the Formula Rossa, the world's speediest crazy ride. The recreation center and it formally opened to general society on 4 November 2010. It covers a range of 86,000 square meters and was granted as the "Center East's Leading Tourist Attraction" in the year 2015.
There are distinctive rides in the recreation center and every one of the rides is intended to excite. Regardless of whether you long for the extraordinary G-compel of world-class rollercoaster’s, need to run kart race with your family or test the best lap times in a best in class test system – we have a great time for everybody.
Highlights: Different rides like Formula Rossa, Fiorano GT Challenge, Scuderia Challenge, Carousel, G-Force
Location: Ferrari World is located at Yas Island - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: The Ferrari World remain open from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
A vivid part of Dubai Aquarium, the Underwater Zoo is a stunning picturisation of the sturdy underwater world, but more creative and unbelievable than the original. Kids as well as adults come in large numbers to visit the zoo which has unusual reptiles and sea animals floating freely in the clean, clear water and they are the amusing creatures to be found alive only in the secret chambers of the sea.
Since the zoo is existing inside the popular Dubai Mall, the tourists who come to visit Dubai would never miss to watch the impeccable zoo. There are surplus of things to make your kids entertained but this atypical underwater zoo would definitely leave them speechless.
Highlights: The latest charm or highlight of the zoo is the giant crocodile which is fondly called as the King Croc, weighing a whopping 750 kilograms and with a length of 5 meters, the giant creature is the eye catcher at Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. But without giving the ears to puffery, this mammoth creature surprises the visitors every day with its adorable features.
It is one of the biggest animal in the world currently and expected to grow more in next 50 years. Sounds like a fantasy? No, it is absolutely a fact that, this animal is a wonder for many and you will believe it does exist only after you see it.
Location: Dubai Mall, Doha off 1st Interchange, Sheikh Zayed Street Road, Dubai, UAE. From Dubai city, you have to walk for 6 minutes to reach the Mall.
Timing: The zoo will be open from 10:00 to 11:00 pm on all days from Sunday to Wednesday and from 10:00 am to 12:00 midnight on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and the timings are subject to change.
Price: For researcher experience: AED 100 is the ticket charge in which you get new meet and greet area, aquarium tunnel, underwater zoo, behind the scenes tour and underwater observatory. For explorer experience, you have to pay AED 120 as the ticket charge in which you will get new meet and greet area, aquarium tunnel, underwater zoo, submersible simulator, big screen theatre and aquarium glass bottom boat ride. There are other different types of tickets available like Otter Encounter, Ray Encounter, King Croc Encounter, VIP Line Buster Experiences, and Membership Program etc at different ticket charges.
Dubai Marina is an artificial canal city, a district as well in Dubai situated along the two mile stretch of Persian Gulf shoreline that glitters all the time. Experts insist that once the complete construction of the district is over, it will be able to accommodate an en masse, around 1, 20000 people in residential towers and villas.
The area is quite important in Dubai that accommodates Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City and the American University in Dubai. The blind folded inspiration to Dubai Marina is the Concord Pacific Place along the False Creek in Vancouver, Canada. The close proximity with the sea opens up a lot of chances to the marine species to enter the district.
Highlights: To create the extensive man made marina beautiful, the developers had to bring water from the Persian Gulf to the site and created an unbelievable waterfront and the large central waterway that is excavated from the desert and extended up to 3 km. 12% of the total land area is dedicated to the central public space. 8 km of wide landscaped public walkways tranquilizes the beauty of the place to a large extent.
Location: It is located in Dubai, around 21 kms from Dubai city.
Located in the district of Dubai Land, Dubai Miracle Garden or the flower garden is a rare sight of millions of flowers of different colours bloom together and the structures made of these flowers are really surprising and marvelously created. It came into establishment in the year of 2013, on the Valentine’s Day. It spreads over 72000 sq.meters featuring over 109 million flowers. In 2015, this garden was awarded the Moselle Award for New Garden Experiences.
The flowers used here are maintained by the re-use of waste water irrigated through drip irrigation method and these flowers take 757,082 litres of water every day. The recent development in the garden is the mesmerizing butterfly garden opened under the name Dubai Butterfly Garden which is the world’s largest and Dubai’s first indoor butterfly garden. The garden is a haven for overly 15000 butterflies that belong to 26 different species.
Highlights: There are multiple formations on flowers which have gained international recognition within a short span of time. The attractions include a floral clock, an aromatic garden, peacocks, birds, castles etc. One can spend up to 2.5 hours in the par enjoying the ravishing beauty of thousand flowers arranged so beautiful.
Location: The garden is located in Dubailand district, 22 kms away from the main city centre.
Timings: During weekdays, the garden will be open from 09:00 am to 09:00 pm and on weekends that is on Friday and Saturday, it will be open from 09:00 am to 11:00 am.
Price: Adults: AED 40, children: 30 AED
Best time to visit: The usual time of operation of the garden is from October to April and in the months of June, July, August, September, the garden will be closed due to the high temperature level which is not suitable to spend time in the garden.
Non-operational Months: The garden remains closed from late-May to September.
Nobody can escape the compelling beauty and charisma of Dubai Fountain, an embellishing array of light, water and music. The tallest performing fountain located in Downtown Dubai, Dubai Fountain has thousands of visitors every day. This is the second biggest choreographed music fountain established on the huge manmade lake at Burj Khalifa equipped with 6600 lights and 25 coloured projectors.
The water comes up to 500 feet in the air with the soothing music of traditional Arabic or contemporary style. WET Design is the master brain worked behind the design of the Dubai Fountain. They are a California based company which constructed Bellagio Hotel Lake in Las Vegas.
Highlights: The unique design of the fountain amuses everyone as it comprises of five circles of different sizes and two arcs. The powerful water nozzles give the potential to reach the magnificent heights. The Dubai Fountain Lake boat ride is a celebrated fun activity available here which would give the visitors an amazing chance to watch the beauty of a rare combination of music, light and water together very closely. But the boat ride will be operational from 05:45 pm to 11:30 pm.
Location: The Dubai Mall, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, Downtown Dubai, Dubai. It is located about 2.7 kms away from the main city of Dubai.
Timings: Afternoon shows are on all days except Friday from 01:00 pm t0 01:30 pm. On Friday, the afternoon show will be at 01:30 pm extending up to 02:00 pm. Evening shows are starting at 06:00 pm and ending at 11:00 pm, every 30 minutes.
Price: The entry is completely free.
Accolades from all over the world come and fall on Burj Al Arab for being the most luxurious and stylish hotels in Dubai, located on the coast of the vivacious Persian Gulf. Faultless opulence and impeccable service accommodate branded amenities and spacious rooms and thus it becomes the third tallest hotel in the world and a pearl of Dubai’s commercial scenario.
The private island holds the hotel is located about 280 meters away from Jumeirah Beach and its connection with the mainland is via an artificial bridge. To resemble the sail of a ship, the designers have given their heart and mind to create an alluring structure to the hotel and thus it exactly mimics a cruising ship on the sea. It rises up to 321 meters above the sea level and its atrium lobby is the topmost in the world. From Wild Wadi Water Park the hotel is very close and one can reach there by walking for five minutes.
28 double storey floors that accommodate around 202 bedroom suites are the main feature of the hotel. Free Wi-Fi, free parking, room service, laundry service, kitchen in all room, hot tub, fitness center, multi cuisine restaurant etc are some of the default amenities you can find at the hotel.
Highlights: In terms of hospitality, Burj Al Arab sets new standards with superlative service and amenities. Mind blowing decorations and attractions embrace even the sidelined beauty present in the hotel to make it look like a fairyland. The underwater aquarium restaurant where you can reach through a simulated submarine would let your eyes widened.
A sturdy fleet of Rolls Royce on the front court and a vast helipad are the yet another celebrated attributions. Thus celebrities are not uncommon here. Would you be surprised to know that you will get your cappuccino sprinkled with gold dust? Furthermore, the ground surface made of layers of rocks circled with a concrete honeycomb is a brilliant architectural pattern will protect the foundation from erosion.
Location: It is located at Jumeirah, Dubai. From Dubai airport it lies 26 kms away.
Sprawling across the Hatta mountainous area, 100 kms away from Dubai city is Hatta Heritage Village overlooking the two mammoth mountains which were called Hajaran. The village was originated about 3000 years ago but now it is opened to the public in a revamped condition.
The village possesses 30 buildings, shops where the traditional heritage collections are sold, a group of farms supported by a fresh water canal. Before there was an archaeological cemetery. The historically important village is visited by hundreds of tourists every day from all over the world.
A unique chance to discover how the traditional rural lives in this mountainous regions was is hidden in the village in the form of prototypes, models, document etc which can be found in 17 houses, castles and a fortress. You can witness the old armours used in the wars like rifles, guns and cannons and other household materials like furnishings, pottery, copper etc.
Highlights: The heritage village hosts multiple events like UAE National Day, Dubai Shopping Festival and Flag Day etc. This village is the spot where the traditions, culture, livelihood and economic development of emirates can be seen and understood to an extent. The Government has preserved all the original items belonged to the village years ago and keeping its value vibrant still.
Location: The village is located at Hatta in Dubai. It lies about 156 kms away from Dubai city. One can reach the village via Sharjah- Kalba road from Dubai.
Timings: The village is open on all days except Thursday from 07:30 am to 08:30 pm and on Fridays, it will be open from 02:30 pm to 08:30 pm.
Price: The entrance to the village is free of charge.
There is no doubt in that Dubai is definitely touching the chord of the people around the world. With its beauty and the luxuries it attracts tourist. While you are in this favorite city there is one place which you can’t afford to miss Dhow Wharfage. For those of you who are looking for some sightseeing option there you have the perfect place for you.
Extending along the Deira creekside east of the Grand Souk between Deira Old Souk and Al Sabkha abra stations, the Dhow Wharfage offers an interesting look into the sea customs of old Dubai that have survived supernaturally in place at the heart of the twenty-first-century city.
Saturated with history and extending sublimely along the Creek bank north of Maktoum Bridge are innumerable squeaking wooden dhows, moored in time-respected convention to stack and dump their assorted cargoes from everywhere throughout the area.
Highlights: The wharfage is home to many lovely wooden dhows, some as much as a hundred years of age, which compartment here to stack and empty freight; thus the considerable canvas secured hills of stock anything from containers of cigarettes to gigantic ventilating units that lie stacked up along the waterfront.
The dhows themselves run in size from the genuinely unobtrusive vessels utilized for short jumps here and there the drift to the substantial maritime art used to transport products around the Gulf and over to Iran, and even as far away from home as Somalia, Pakistan and India.
Location: The Dhow Wharfarge is located at Baniyas Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
One of the most luxurious and remarkable resort in the world is Atlantis, the Palm, located at the apex of the Palm Jumeirah, an island visited by hundreds of tourists every day. Atlantis, the Palm is the first one to be built on an island and based on the theme of the myth of Atlantis but also includes several Arabian elements.
In 2008, the hotel was opened as a joint venture of Kerzner International Holdings Limited and Istithmar. There are spacious 1539 rooms inside the resort which has two accommodation wings that segregate the East and the West Tower into two but linked together by the Royal Bridge Suite. Aquaventure Water Park and the Nasimi Beach are created in order to complement the suite. These two attractions are often act as the hosts of various concerts and events.
There are a lot of multi cuisine restaurants which serve traditional Arabic cuisines, continental, Japanese, South Asian and international cuisines and so on. There is a space dedicated for outdoor dining as well to keep the guests pleasant and enthused. Spa and fitness centres inside the resort give the guests a remarkable stay, healthy and happy lifestyle can be maintained even if you are away from your home.
Highlights: The extraordinarily spacious rooms and suites which are authentically arranged according to the contemporary styles and requirements of the guests have a huge significance in the wellness of the resort. There are guest rooms, multiple types of suites, imperial clubs and much more. Another attraction is the aquaventure water park that opens up a number of adventurous rides in water along with dolphin bays, the Lost Chambers Aquarium, Sea Lion Point etc. In addition to these, there is a diving spot as well for those who would love to enjoy the specific energy prevailing underwater.
Location: The hotel is located at Crescent Road, Dubai, UAE.
Price: It varies depending on the type of room. Average cost is 1200– 7000 AED per room.
In the hot summers of Dubai nothing can be a better option than an ice cold ski. Yes guys you heard it right. Ski Dubai is just the place for you where you can find your solace in the torturing heat of Dubai. Ski Dubai is the first indoor ski resort in the Dubai.
The ski resort has a stunning mountain-themed frigid setting where you can appreciate skiing, snowboarding, tobogganing and participate in many snow occasions. Also get a chance to meet and play with Ski Dubai's most recent addition the Snow Penguins. Encounter moving down the Giant Ball run, bouncing a 10ft. incline, spiraling down the tube slides, touring in the chairlift or simply unwinding over a hot chocolate at short 4 degrees.
Ride the Snow Bullet and take off as high as 16 meters over the ground with skiers and inclines beneath you, all while hustling against family and companions at 150 meter long. You will definitely land up in an alternate world while you try all these activities.
Location: The Ski Dubai is located at Sheikh Zayed Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.Timings: Opens from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Another famous mosque in Dubai which is a must visit for you is the Grand Mosque. This architectural show-stopper is one the world's biggest mosques, with a limit with regards to a surprising 40,000 admirers. It highlights 82 vaults, over a 1,000 segments, 24-carat gold overlaid light fixtures and the world's biggest hand tied cover.
The primary corridor is besieged by one of the world's biggest light fixtures –10 meters in distance across, 15 meters in stature and measuring twelve tons. The mosque's first function was the memorial service of its namesake, Sheik Zayed, who is covered at the site. One can likewise discover reflecting encompassing the mosque making it more beautiful.
The striking white and gold hues sparkling in the sun are changed during the evening by an exceptional lightning framework which mirrors the periods of the moon. Spend some time by the pool gazing at its beauty while you visit this one of kind mosque in Dubai.
Location: The Grand Mosque is located in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Timings: The mosque remains open for the Non-Muslims from Saturday to Thursday 9:00 AM-10:00 PM and Friday 4:30PM-10:00PM
Most of you might be wondering why people visit Dubai when its so sunny there. But your might not be aware about the fact that Dubai has made everything possible in the desert heat. Iceland Waterpark is just another example of the wonders that Dubai is creating for all.
You might have already got the idea what is this park about. But let us give you a clearer picture of that. Ice Land has more than 30 thrilling slides, a colossal wave pool, and top of the line private cabanas. It also has an Olympic estimated lap pool and an excellent shoreline. With its children pools and zones reasonable for youngsters, it has something for everybody.
Ice Land likewise has practical experience in offering group building exercises for the corporate part. The most recent expansion to the park is the new beach front campground.
Highlights: Ice land offer some remarkable attractions with the Penguin Falls, World's Largest Man made Waterfall, Rocky Polar Mountains with the biggest arrangement of waterslides, Penguin Bay 6000sqmtrs Rain Dance Pool, Aqua Soccer surprisingly, Coral Isle a snorkeling pool and other exciting encounters at the Arctic Wave Pool, Tundra Baths, Eddy Pond and the Kids Cove a devoted territory for the children.
Location: Iceland Waterpark is located at Jazeera - Ras al Khaimah - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 10:00 AM-6:00 PM.
A walk through the glass tunnels to see the sea infront of yours very clearly and in detail will not be a dream but reality at the Lost Chamber’s Aquarium in Dubai. The awe-struck moments are created while you have a tour at Atlantis, the Palm.
Here is a life time opportunity to interact with the mighty sharks, stingray, piranhas, sea horses and other marine creatures right before your eyes floating and playing. The design of the aquarium was inspired by the spell binding Lost City of Atlantis, the underwater tunnels at the aquarium gives the visitor an unforgettable experience by showing the shipwrecks and ruins. There are ten beautiful chambers which display the distinguished life culture underwater.
Highlights: More than 20 marine lives exist in this aquarium along with a touch tank. Behind the Scenes will let you know more about Moral Eel and other animals found and rarely described anywhere. Learn about the fish hospital, the water filtering systems and similar things here and know the tips to take care of marine animals. The breathtaking Ambassador Lagoon would show you how the professional divers are navigating under the water. If you dare to do something adventure, then the aquarium offers you that as well for the whole family.
Location: Atlantis the Palm, Dubai - Dubai - United Arab Emirates. It is located around 26 kms away from Dubai city.
Timings: The aquarium is open on all days from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm.
Price: AED 120 per person
Adjacent to the popular Dubai Gold Souk, in the eastern part of Dubai, in Deira. There are a lot of inner lines and stalls which exhibit the fresh aroma of different types of spices. In large baskets, the intense fragrance of spices, rose petals, medicinal herbs are kept safe and those who walk around will fall for these items in the basket.
Spices ranging from frankincense to shisha are sold here along with numerous traditional herbs which were the ingredients added to give more flavours to Arabic and South Asian food items. Apart from spices, the stores have household articles, textile items, artifacts, rugs etc. Haggling is the main type of trading in the souk.
The establishment of large supermarkets and stores have influenced the number of the stores in the souk to be decreased.
Highlights: The collection of incense burners, saffron, sheesha pipes, henna kits etc is the best and largely sold items in the market.
Timing: The souk is open from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm and from 05:00 pm to 10:00 on all days from Saturday to Thursday and on Fridays, it will be open from 04:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Location: The spice souk is located at Sikkat Al Khail Road in Deira, Dubai. It is located at a distance of 14 kms from Dubai via Baniyas Road.
Price: The entrance to the souk is absolutely free.
A traditional, heritage centre or district is Al Bastakiya in Dubai, UAE. Its original name is Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood. The construction of the district happened in 1890 and then the district was able to house around 60 housing units separated by narrow and winding lanes. In the year of 1980, the district was destroyed to the maximum in order to give space for building new office complex.
The remaining housing units were turned to be warehouses and places for foreign labourers to stay. Rayner Otter, a renowned British architect has renovated his house in the district and he sought the help of Prince Charles to make the district a heritage center and preserve it from further demolition. In 2005, Dubai Municipality started a project to restore the old localities and lanes in the district.
Highlights: The private homes which are yet not destroyed attract the public due to the architectural brilliance portrayed on the buildings. Such buildings include Sheikh Mohammed Building for Cultural Understanding, Dubai Museum, Majlis Gallery, Ostra- the gallery showcasing the contemporary art and sculpture, Arabian Tea House- a popular courtyard and XVA- a small art house and gallery.
Location: The district is located at Hamriya Bur Dubai, Dubai, UAE. If you take the Al Satwa Road, you can reach the district in approximately 20 minutes and a drive of 10 kms would be there.
Timing: The district will be open on all days from 09:00 am to 06:00 pm to the public and people spend around 2 hours approximately inside.
The main museum in Dubai is the Dubai Museum located at Al Fahidi Fort, built in 1787. It is known to be the oldest existing building in Dubai. It was opened by the ruler of Dubai with an aim of displaying the traditional way of Emirate’s life, in 1971. At the entrance, there is one fort that was constructed earlier and various displays along with it. From there, one will move to the galleries along the path and in the galleries, you will come to witness the general portrayals of the culture of the Emirates which was famous during the 1800s.
The local antiquities and handicrafts from different countries and continents like Africa and Asia are well presented. These items were the traded collections. The number of visitors to the museum was increasing year by year and thus its fame was enhanced and reached beyond the horizon.
Highlights: The strong Al Fahidi Fort is the Numero Uno attraction at the museum that has an immaculate exhibition of the emirate’s transitions from fishing to become one of the illustrious leaders of commerce, finance and trade. There are displays of how important the sea to the natives before they started digging out oil and there is another room where the artefacts of ancient archaeological brilliance excavated from the nearby sites.
Location: It is situated at Al Fahidi Street, Bur Dubai, Opposite to the Grand Mosque in Dubai, UAE. It is situated at a distance of around 12 kms from Dubai main city and one can reach there via Abu Dhabi- Ghweifat International Highway.
Timing: The museum is open on all days from Saturday to Thursday from 08:30 am to 08:30 pm and from 02:30 pm to 08:30 pm on Fridays.
Price: Adults have to pay 3 dirhams and children have to pay 1 dirham to enter the museum.
Adjacent to the popular Dubai Gold Souk, in the eastern part of Dubai, in Deira. There are a lot of inner lines and stalls which exhibit the fresh aroma of different types of spices. In large baskets, the intense fragrance of spices, rose petals, medicinal herbs are kept safe and those who walk around will fall for these items in the basket.
Spices ranging from frankincense to shisha are sold here along with numerous traditional herbs which were the ingredients added to give more flavours to Arabic and South Asian food items. Apart from spices, the stores have household articles, textile items, artifacts, rugs etc. Haggling is the main type of trading in the souk. The establishment of large supermarkets and stores have influenced the number of the stores in the souk to be decreased.
Highlights: The collection of incense burners, saffron, sheesha pipes, henna kits etc is the best and largely sold items in the market.
Location: The spice souk is located at Sikkat Al Khail Road in Deira, Dubai. It is located at a distance of 14 kms from Dubai via Baniyas Road.
Timing: The souk is open from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm and from 05:00 pm to 10:00 on all days from Saturday to Thursday and on Fridays, it will be open from 04:00 pm to 10:00 pm.
Price: The entrance to the souk is absolutely free.
An important spot in the history of Dubai and the people over there, Safa Park has been going through many redevelopments these years. It is a 64-hectare huge park which was an erstwhile accommodation center for illegal migrants from South Asia mostly. The park came into establishment during 1975 after the inhabitants were removed from there.
Despite its location near to Sheikh Zayed Road, the park creates beautiful anthologies to entertain the people come here to escape from the daily humdrum. All the major sparkles of Dubai are visible from the park as its point of standing is at the center of everything.
Highlights: Among the multiple highlights the park has, the major one is the three lakes within the park that attract an excess of unique species of birds and the park is a haven for 16924 trees belong to different types as well as various bushes. To relax completely, one can find green carpets of grass throughout the park which is kept tidy always, a small forest and a hill that offers a beautiful view of the whole park.
Some come to simply sit and stroll around while some others find the private space to read books. The amusement park within the park has several bikes which attract teenagers as well as it acts as the jogger’s companion.
Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE. It is located 10.53 kms southwest of the traditional center of Dubai
Timings: It is open all days from 08:00 am to 10:00 pm. But from Thursday, Friday and Saturday, it will be open from 08:00 to 11:00 pm.
Price: 3 dirhams per person is the entry fee.
The world renowned Arabian Gulf, the silky carpet of sand and the tranquil sky, there is nothing prettier than these at Sunset Beach to distract you or make you even happy. For, Sunset Beach is the perfect amalgam of serenity and calmness. A leisurely evening or a happy holiday can be fruitfully sent at this beach solely or with family.
This is a wide beach with a lot of opportunities to jogging and strolling around the beach. The skyscrapers, Burj Al Arab and Jumeirah Hotels exhibit an overwhelming girdle to the beach which in turn makes the beach look abnormally splendid. It is recognized as one of the best spots for surfing in Dubai. Surfing is the mainly found and appreciated activity at the Sunset Beach.
But fishing and other similar activities are also done. Morning joggers are found here aplenty, but to relax, to have a beach walk or to read a boot pleasantly, this beach is a prime choice for many natives as well as tourists.
Highlights: The sunset views from the beach are the unshielded highlight of the beach. There are multiple changing cubicles and play space to entertain the beach lovers throughout. A free, silent spot to have a good time with your beloved ones is everywhere on the beach. Located behind the shining Sunset Mall, the beach opens up the wide sky to see the Kite surfing activities done at the Kite beach which is not far away from Sunset Beach. As the beach is quite quiet, readers find it a better place to read their favourite pages easily.
Location: It is located behind the famous Sunset Mall in Jumeirah. It lies about 9 kms away from the main city of Dubai and you can reach there by taking Abu Dhabi- Ghweifat International Highway.
Timings: Open 24 hours
An extensive white sandy beach located on the banks of Persian Gulf in Jumeirah district is the captivating Jumeirah Beach giving space for hundreds of people to sit and relax looking at the setting sun. The visitors come to stay at the luxurious Jumeirah Hotels come to the private beaches to relax and to do some water based activities and exhilarating sports.
Jumeirah Beach Park is the public space where the non-hotel residents and the natives come to simply sit back and have a good time on the tidy beach. The jaw dropping view of the prominent attraction that is Burj Al Arab from the beach is a favourite photographic background as well.
There are private cabanas arranged on the shore and at times camels can be seen roaming on the white sandy beach. As the beach promises extreme silence, it is a no-doubt space to have a book in your hand and read till you get bored.
Highlights: The long stretch of white sand touched and cared by the azure water is the utmost peculiarity of Jumeirah Beach. A scenic space to enjoy the glimpses of sunset as well as sunrise very clearly is this overwhelming beach. Watersports and fun activities are available in plenty at the beach like boating, parasailing, surfing, swimming, quad biking etc. A relaxed evening is a favourite thing people will love to seek from Jumeirah Beach.
Location: It is located in the Jumeirah district of Dubai on the coast of Persian Gulf. From Dubai City one can reach the beach by covering just 4.1 kms via Abu Dhabi- Ghweifat Internatonal Highway. In 12 minutes one can reach the beach.
Timings: Open 24 Hours
You must have definitely heard about this place if you are planning to visit Dubai. An artificial archipelago in United Arab Emirates Palm Jumeirah was created utilizing land recovery by Nakheel, an organization claimed by the Dubai government. One of the most beautiful thing in Dubai are the artificial archipelagos in the emerald waters of the Arabian Gulf.
Palm Jumeirah, which resembles a stylised palm tree from above, was the principal improvement of its kind, and was initially charged as the Eighth Wonder of the World. Notwithstanding the numerous inns and resorts on the islands, you can cruise around Palm Jumeirah in a yacht or speedboat offered by one of the numerous private visiting organizations, or jump on board the Palm Monorail that rushes to the Atlantis resort.Location: Palm Jumeirah is located at Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The first national park of UAE if Dubai Desert Conservation Centre and Dubai has dedicated a huge land in order to carve out the best habitat for the rare species of wildlife under a single project. The rehabilitation of endangered species was done very carefully and thus now the land is a highly protected environment that preserves the last of the desert wildernesses.
Since the development of Dubai was in a blink of an eye, there was a huge threatening toward the flora and fauna of the desert and the Government thus brought forth the idea of protecting those species to balance the nature with the fast paced development the city will attain in the recent future.
To be measured, the land is about 225 square kilometers and recognized as a natural reserve which consists of about 5% of the total landmass of Dubai. Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa is a predominant attraction found here. Camel safari, dune bashing, dune dinner, archery, falconry, horse riding, wildlife safari, sand boarding etc are the majorly available activities at the centre.
Highlights: A day tour can show you the best of the reserve with the help of a trained guide. You will be able to know more in detail about the list of endangered species belonging to varying flora and fauna found only in deserts as the conditions here are conducive for their growth. Different types of antelopes, desert cats, rodents, hedgehogs and rabbits, desert dogs, snakes and many reptiles, small insects, spiders and unique desert plants and shrubs are together living in the reserve in harmony.
Location: E-66, Dubai Al Ain Highway, Murqqab Exit 50, Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, Dubai, UAE. It is located around 64.3 kms away from Dubai city and one can reach the spot via Dubai- Al Ain Road.
While you are trying to discover the magic of Dubai a lot of you might be panning to head out to the Falcon Heritage Sports Centre. Falconry has been famous in the UAE for a considerable length of time and keeps on having an essential influence of Arab lifestyle. At the national Falcon Heritage and Sports Center, you can see the majestic bird.
There are different types of bird show and t is the main place in Dubai where you can get them. This is definitely the place if you are looking for this majestic bird falcon. The place additionally has a veterinary facility and a souq where individuals can purchase the most recent frill for your feathered partner, the Falcon Heritage and Sports Center is likewise home to one of Dubai's best kept secrets.
Highlights: The Falcon Museum can be discovered effectively, the place is by and large full with guests who are either falconers, or who regularly visit with their birds for a checkup at the vet, or to buy them new burqas or falcony gears.
Location: The Falcon Heritage Sports Centre is located at Muscat Street - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: · 10AM–12:30PM and 4:00 PM–10PM.
Imagine dancing to the thumkas of Bollywoood in Dubai, sounds interesting right. Well if you are recently planning for your Dubai trip then this is something which you should definitely visit. With a mixture of actions, adventure, romance and horror together with music and little bit of emotions Dubai Bollywoods Park is a must visit place for you.
Celebrating Mumbai’s incredible film industry in 5 zones enlivened by Bollywood blockbusters, appreciate live amusement, organize exhibitions and showy realistic rides in an ordeal not at all like some other. Interestingly live, learn and encounter the colorful universe of Mumbai's well known film industry, on the planet's first Bollywood themed stop covering 1.7million square feet.
Highlights: You can enjoy a fine dining with your family while you visit this place. Soak in the beauty of your surroundings while dancing to the tune of your favorite bollywood songs.
Location: The Bollywood park is located at Dubai Parks and Resort, Sheikh Zayed Road, Opposite Palm Jebel Ali - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM
When its Dubai it’s all about fancy and luxury so while you are planning to land at this destination don’t miss your chance to visit the Bateaux. Made by Seine Design, France Dubai Creek Bateaux flawlessly consolidates cutting edge innovation and ideal solace.
With a hostile to intelligent glass nook visitors are dealt with to unhampered perspectives from all seats, and the hello tech cooling framework guarantees most extreme solace. Bateaux is uniquely intended for the level waters of brook. Coast along Dubai Creek and enjoy Dubai's horizon over a gourmet supper on this 2.5-hour 'Bateaux Dubai' evening journey.
Walk celebrity Main Street on the vessel and appreciate a drink and canapés as you marvel at the sight of the floodlit milestones from the glass-encased or open air decks. Pass best Dubai attractions including the Clock Tower and Al Maktoum Bridge, and appreciate a 3-course gourmet supper serenaded by a piano player.
Location: Banyas Road,Next to Emirates NBD & Dubai Chamber of Commerce - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Bateaux opens from 8:30 PM–11PM.
Flying to Dubai is in itself a great matter of happiness and when you get the perfect place for adventure there it will be a double treat. And when it’s about meeting the friendliest creature on earth then there’s no stopping you. Dolphin Bay in Atlantis is a standout amongst the most advanced dolphin environments on the planet.
The Dolphin Encounter is an exceptional ordeal where you get the chance to meet and play with our dolphins in shallow water. Swim with dolphins in Dubai and get a chance to play with these animals. And the best of all you will be all secure while you swim with the dolphins.
Also they keep in mind about your swimming abilities and looking after that they allow you to swim. Regardless of whether you're an inn visitor or going by for the day, Dolphin Bay in Dubai offers an exceptional affair. Also you can try scuba diving or swimming here according to your convenience.
Location: The Dolphin Bay is located at Atlantis, The Palm, Crescent Road - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Price: The approximate price starts from 820 AED.
When you are visiting the most sophisticated destination in the world going for a clubbing is a must. The Royal Island Beach Club is the principal business improvement that opened its way to the general population in Dubai's famous World Islands.
Molded as the world map and with present day facilities this is a standout amongst the most craved goal in Dubai at recent times. The Royal Island Beach Club offers a vital ordeal for all guests to Dubai as they appreciate the perspectives to this amazing expansion.
Highlights: The Royal Island Beach Club covers an aggregate range of 38,941 square meters and has a universal cuisine world class food with indoor or open air eating, long shoreline, swimming pool, chalets, stage and occasions region.
It shows a photo consummate goal for all engagements-private and corporate occasions or a place to appreciate a delightful supper and relish mixed drinks or smoke shisha, all with incomparable perspectives of the fabulous Dubai horizon.
Location: The royal Island beach club is located six kilometers off the coastline of Dubai.Price: The approximate price starts from 200 AED.
Your visit to Dubai will be incomplete without heading out for a shopping in the malls. Girls get ready to go crazy while you hear about Mall of the Emirates in Dubai which is a must-visit destination for you. Considered as the world’s first resort shopping mall this will definitely take your breath away.
The multi-level shopping mall as of now components around 630 worldwide brands with an aggregate gross leasable territory (GLA) of 233,467 sqm including retail chains, design, way of life, games, gadgets and home outfitting outlets and the biggest Carrefour in Dubai city. Shopping center of the Emirates additionally includes an unmatched extravagance offer lodging more than 80 of the world's most eminent creator marks in Fashion Dome and Luxury Wing. For the accommodation of visitors, the shopping center has two abutting lodgings: the 5-star Kempinski Mall of the Emirates and the 5-star Sheraton Dubai Mall of the Emirates Hotel.
Location: The Mall of the Emirates is located at interchange four on Sheikh Zayed Road.Timings: Mall Of The Emirates stays open on all days of the week. However, from Saturday to Wednesday, you can visit the mall from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM and on Thursday and Friday, the mall can be visited from 10:00 AM to 12:00 AM.
Price: There is no entrance fee for Mall Of The Emirates however you’ll have to pay in accordance with the goods and services availed by you
Dubai is definitely the dream destination for all. There might be a lot of you who are planning to visit a lot of places in Dubai but still confused about the places. So let’s make this easier for you with another must visit place in Dubai. Without the barrier of language, caste or creed Holy Jumerial Mosque is the only mosque who welcomes people with open arms.
Styled in the medieval Fatimid custom, this stone structure is a tribute to present day Islamic design. While walking around the Mosque at nightfall, you will be washed in shadows by this exquisite development.
Thought to be a standout amongst the most alluring mosques in Dubai, the Sheik Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding arranges visits to the Jumeirah Mosque for non-Muslims, gone for advancing social understanding and direct involvement as a knowledge to the Islamic religion.
Highlights: One of the most interesting facts about this mosque is the Jumeriah tours. Jumeirah Mosque Tours are composed by the Sheik Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding as a feature of its Open Doors, Open Minds arrangement, intended to unite distinctive nationalities. Most strangely, photography inside is permitted, so it merits pressing a camera.Location: The Jumeirah Mosque is located at Jumeirah Beach Road,Jumeria 1 - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Any country which respects women becomes 10 times richer than any other country. It’s the women which is the power of a country or a place. Women have always played an important role in shaping the future of a country and in honor of that Women's Museum in Dubai was constructed to share their powerful stories.
The museum paints a distinctive picture of Emirati ladies during that time and commends a large number of their accomplishments in each part of business, the arts, education, politics, and with society as a whole. Building up a name as the controlling power in the UAE, some of its most prominent ladies have been enlisted in the uncommon Women's Museum that has a fundamental influence in the rich history and carry on the fate of the present generation.
Highlights: The museum makes an exceptional canvas of Emirati ladies during that time and praises a great deal of their accomplishments in each part of their lives identified with business, expressions of the human experience, training, governmental issues, and with society all in all. The Women's Museum is a national chronicle and documentation focus that is devoted to the ladies of the UAE. It likewise worries with all parts of their lives and with the recorded and social impacts as well as it has formed their rationality; their status in the public eye; and their place in the family. The Museum concentrates on offering data to guests in UAE with the different parts of the day by day lives of ladies in UAE.
Location: The Women’s Museum is located at Al Sabkha, Gold Souq, Near Al Khor St, Deira - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: The museum opens from 10:00 AM- 7:00 PM.Price: The approximate price is AED 20.
Your adventure in Dubai will never be complete without visit a mall and after exploring the grand mall there is another mall which is a must visit for you. Bringing together the culture, entertainment and the fun of shopping Ibn Battata Mall in Dubai will definitely blow your minds away.
Having more than 270 shops, 50 eateries, a 21-screen silver screen and more than 4,500 parking spots on a sum of 521,000 square meters, Ibn Battuta is the world's biggest themed shopping center.
The shopping center comprise of six courts, each of whose plans are roused by a portion of the nations gone by the considerable Moroccan Berber pilgrim, Ibn Battuta:
· Egypt Court
· India Court
· China Court
· Andalusia Court
· Persia Court
· Tunisia Court
Spend some time exploring the mall along with your friends and family. Make your way to the different courts and enjoy a cultural mixture while you investigate each one of them.
Location: Ibn Battuta Mall is located at Sheikh Zayed Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 10:00 AM- 10:00 PM.
Want to get acquainted with the magical heaven in Dubai then here you have the one place you should not miss. Hatta, an enclave of Dubai settled in the Hajar Mountains, is an extraordinary end of the week getaway.
The principle attractions are its moderately cool, dry atmosphere, the mountain view, and the eminent Hatta rock pools. It's an astounding knowledge to swim through the limited shake passages of this smaller than expected gulch, thundering year-round with diving waterfalls.
Highlights: Settled in the banks of the Hajar Mountains, the Hatta rockpools unfurl its rough hallways with blasting waterfalls and turquoise pools. Venture through the thin paths to discover spring-encouraged pools that are yet to be found.
Just thirty minutes from the antiquated town of Hatta, this desert spring is a concealed pearl. The amazing Mountain View and the serene isolation of the place ensure a one of a kind affair. Head out to this place to for a wonderful vacation.
Location: The hatta Rock is located in the Hajar Mountains.
While in Dubai there is another place which will definitely cheer you up. Black Palace Beach is one of the city's mystery jewels, with an area that is not entirely obvious yet certainly justified regardless of the exploring mission: between the imperial strongholds at Al Sufouh lies a minor pathway that takes you to this place where there is unadulterated unwinding.
This untouched shoreline has delightful perspectives of Palm Jumeirah and the Burj Al Arab. So wander off the beaten track and find this cozy inlet. Straddled by castles and opposite of the Palm this place will make you forget all your worries.
Highlights: One can also head out for a number of activities like scuba diving and snorkelling near the palace.
Location: Black Palace Peach Dubai is located between the royal palaces facing the Palm Jumeirah.Price: You can enjoy the mesmerizing beauty of the place completely free of cost. One should surely visit this place and you will get all the lovely glimpses without paying any amount.
Another amazing place in Dubai which is a must visit for you is the Zabeel Park. Zabeel Park is one of the main attractions in the Gulf, with a region comparable to 45 football play areas, and is home to youngsters' complex and edutainment focus. Zabeel Park is one of the bigger stops in Dubai, situated between Al Karama and World Trade Center at Zabeel Square on Sheik Zayed Road. The zone of the recreation center is identical to 45 football play areas, and elements more than 3000 palm trees with almost 7000 different trees of 14 distinct species.
It additionally contains huge expanses, experience play area, play zones, lake offering watercraft rides, ice arena and ice skating, kids' playground and action rooms, model of mammoth chess drawing of Rubik's 3D shape sort structure, extensive amphitheater, secured zones for grills, picnics, bistros and great greenery. It incorporates running track around the recreation center border. An essential viewpoint is there is Wi-Fi availability in the entire stop.
Location: Zabeel Park is located at the Zabeel district of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 8:00 AM- 10:00 PM.Price: The Park charges entry fee of Dh.5 per person. This fee also includes car parking for 2300 cars.
Kite surfers and its audience would love to head to Kite Beach, stretching along the Jumeirah Road which has the silky, lazy white sand beach compelled to be active with the multiple fun activities and thus keeping its visitors entertained throughout. The Persian Gulf spreads its body widely and the shimmering colours of different skyscrapers of Dubai increase the beauty of the sea.
Adventure lovers and sports freaks come here on a regular basis to warm up and indulge in their favourite activities, on water and on land. Kite Beach become energetic when the surfers, players, joggers come and wake it up in the morning itself. The kids’ friendly beach offers chances to swim or simply relax on the white soft sand. Given the service of water sports operators, people are fondly flooding to the beach to rent sports equipment and engage in the most exciting activities.
Highlights: The white crystalline sand beach is the most charming highlight and the views of Burj Al Arab on the coast and its reflection on the emerald water escalates the beach to a level of superlative opulence.
Activities: Kite surfing, beach volleyball, kayaking, soap football, beach tennis, wakeboarding and similar water based activities are the most popular activities. For kids, there are separate activities and fun games.
Location: The beach address is Umm Suqeim, just off Jumeirah Beach Road, near Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai.
Beachgoers will definitely sign up for JBR Beach aka Jumeirah Beach Resort Beach which has the shining crystalline grains on the shore and the turquoise water in the front. So far, this is one of the best beaches in Dubai that has everything to muster public in large numbers. A wide assemblage of water based activities both fun and adventurous have countless admirers still.
The Jumeirah hotel at the distance makes a scenic picture which can be utilized as the perfect background for your photograph. Perhaps, the calm water creates friendly connection with you and thus kids as well can freely enjoy playing in the water.
All types of water sports and activities can be done on the beach but people usually choose banana boat ride, parasailing, wake board, fly board etc. But the beach offers enough options to swimming and snorkeling as the water is crystal clear. While a camel safari on the soft, sinking sand bed will be renewing experience you can ask for.
Highlights: There are multiple activities available on the beach but the cruise on the sea would be a remarkable experience one can have while in Dubai. The numerous hotels on the shore try something new every time to entertain the guests arriving to relax on the beach or they provide the safety guaranteed water sports and activities at reasonable rates.
The cascading sunset views from the beach have already plenty of admirers, for it spreads the unusual colours on the emerald coloured sea and on the pure white sandy beach turning them to outshine even the Jumeirah Hotel. The Jumeirah Beach Residence on the coast of the beach has gained wide acceptance and thus tourists arrive here as an avalanche.
Location: The beach is located at Jumeirah, 25 kms away from Dubai city and one can arrive here if the Abu Dhabi-Ghweifat International Highway is taken.
Timings: Opens from 7:00 AM- 10:00 PM.
Make your Dubai vacation a special one while you visit this amazing park. For a ultimate water-themed thrills to escape from the summer heat spend a day at Aquaventure which is the biggest water park in the Middle East and Europe. Get a chance to explore the underwater charms and The Lost Chambers, the biggest aquarium in the Middle East. Feel the thrill as you try the rides and slides, get very close with sharks and unwind on 700 meters of flawless private shoreline.
The best part is that here you will also have some time for recess in the new selective seating ranges. Both parks are housed inside the striking Atlantis, The Palm resort, making it simple to join both in 1 energizing day. Begin by launching on dilute napkins and plunging a 9-story, close vertical slide straight into a shark-filled tidal pond. Investigate the secret of the lost city of Atlantis through 20 remarkable displays, including a touch tank and Aquatheatre intuitive show.
Location: The Aquaventure Waterpark is located at Atlantis, Crescent Road,The Palm Jumeirah - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM.Price: Approximate price starts from 250 AED
When it comes to accommodation we are always a bit more choosy than the usual. With all the facilities and comforts we always look for that perfect place to rest. Now tell me what if I tell you that you will have that perfect accommodation right underwater. Sounds fascinating right? Well then while you are visiting Dubai enjoy a comfortable stay at the underwater hotel. The dubai underwater property consist of 220 luxury suites equipped with all the modern day art facilities.
German designer Joachim Hauser is the main architect of the whole idea together with Professor Royal Dieterle. Spend the most lucurious underwater stay while you visit Dubai this time. And not to forget, the underwater marine will definitely make you feel like a wonderland.
Location: The underwater hotel is located at Burj Dubai.
Experience the ultimate adventure while you head out to the Burj beach in Dubai and bask in the sun enjoying the view of the farfetched sea. Burj Al Arab Beach is the ideal shoreline for all beach lovers who are waiting for that perfect vacation.
It is isolated into a surfing and a swimming region which implies that water-wear aficionados, families and couples will appreciate it here. There is additionally a restaurant open toilets, showers, evolving rooms, a promenade for running and other brandishing exercises and even a sun oriented controlled charging station for cell phones.
Highlights: The shoreline is similarly well known with local people and vacation lovers and offers an awesome perspective of the Burj Al Arab, the historic point of Dubai and a standout amongst the most lavish and costly inns on the planet. Whether you are with your family or just visiting to enjoy the luxury of Dubai you will have the best of experience here.
Location: Black Palace Beach Dubai is located at Al Sufouh Road.
Timings: Open 24 hours
When you are exploring the most enticing place in the world you should definitely visit the beach. Nothing can be a better option than a beach just in the park for your recreational time. Whether you are planning to get tanned in the beach pr just sit idle sipping a glass of juice at the park, you will have everything right there. This richly arranged Shoreline Park comprises of a string of five exquisite sandy ranges and accompanies a swimming pool, play areas, water sports rentals, grills, green regions and cooled cabanas.
Al Mamzar Beach Park covers a zone of 106 hectares and offers grill locales, private chalets for contract, swimming pool, nourishment stands, shielded shoreline and safe tidal pond, a beautiful prepare and many kids' play zones. Channeled music is played for the duration of the day and there are wonderful grassed outing ranges. It is found roughly 5 km after the kill to Hamriya Port. Being one of the shoreline parks, it separates itself with its tremendous space and novel area on the brilliant sand beach.
Location: Al Mamzar Beach Park is located at Al Mamzar - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Opens from 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM.
Make your Dubai holidays a memorable one while you visit this amazing theme park in Dubai. Experience the fun like never before as you try some of the thrilling activities here. Strategically placed at The Dubai Mall, the 76,000 sq ft stop highlights 16 exciting attractions and more than 170 recreations, from bleeding edge movement test systems and virtual encounters to one of the area's biggest variety of aptitude and reclamation amusements.
Created by Emaar Entertainment in relationship with Japan-based SEGA Corporation, one of the worldwide pioneers in innovative excitement, SEGA Republic presents to you an exciting way to experience the thrill. With the unlimited rides and the different activities you will definitely crave to visit this place once again during your stay at Dubai.
Highlights: Some of the rides which are favorite here are: Giant Slider, Robotnik, Xyclone, Racer, Spingear, Wild Wing, Wild Jungle, Sonic Hopper, Storm-G, Initial D-4, Let’s Go JungleSpecial, Outrun 2SP, Halfpipe Canyon and Rope Rush, House of the Dead.
Location: SEGA Republic is located at Level 2,Dubai Mall,Downtown Dubai - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens daily from 10 AM to 1 AMPrice: Approximate price starts from 170 AED
An uncommon bit of architecture with a blend of present day and customary building style Guru Nanak Darbar is an absolute visit for you in Dubai. It envelopes a warm grasp, regardless of standing or ideology, bringing peace, solace for everyone It is both a festival of life, and a landmark to the grandness of the One Who made it, a hallowed place of glory with a feeling of plain peace.
Standing separated from the congregation complex, the beige hued Gurdwara Guru Nanak Darbar Sahib has three levels of underground auto parks, and two stories over the ground. Every storm cellar is measured 25,000 square feet that can contain parking spot for up to 140 autos. As you venture through the holy porch, its heavenly excellence gets the attention and catches the faculties.
Highlights: There are three stories The 21,000 square feet ground floor houses the feasting lobby, Kitchen, Pantry and store rooms. The front counter and Gurdwara office are additionally on the ground floor. Appropriate shoe stockpiling or Jora Ghar offices are accessible in a few zones since shoes are not permitted to be worn in the Gurudwara. There is a headscarf stand for both men and ladies must cover their heads inside the Gurudwara. Feel the magical bliss while you visit this Darbar.
Location: The Guru Nanak Darbar is located at Al Muntazah Complex 212 Rd | Jebel Ali, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Timings: It is opened daily from 4:30 AM to 9 :30 PM
Another interesting place which is a must visit for you in Dubai is the Dubai Global village. Whether you are looking for some enjoyment with your family or planning to explore the whole place for yourself, you will have the best of experience. The attraction features 30 pavillios. As the name goes global village is just the place where you will find everything. Global Village Dubailand, Dubai, is guaranteed to be the world's biggest tourism, recreation, shopping and amusement park. It is the district's first social, amusement, family and shopping goal. The stopping range at Global Village was intended to host more than 17,000 cars with extra flood stopping territories utilized amid pinnacle times.
Highlights: Free shuttles are there in working hours to transport guests to and from the flood stopping regions. There are numerous items accessible in Global Village. African dark soap,Chea Butter and Argan Oil are just few to consider. Furthermore, there are numerous valid oriental home improvement items you can get from Tunisia Pavilion and the Egyptian Pavilion. There are likewise astounding nectar assortments in the Yemen structure.
Location: The Dubai Global Village is located at Exit No.37, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.Timings: Opens from 4:00 AM -12:00 AM.
If you are planning to spend some leisure time exploring the beauty of the region then Mushrif Park is just the right place for you. Mushrif Park is a well known 1300 section of park situated in Mirdif (Al Khawaneej street) Dubai. This greenery forsake is a most loved place for families, both Adults and Kids will love this place in particular.
For Kids, there are many slides, swings, teeter-totters and a wed go-round to appreciate. There are numerous cafeterias where we get top notch burgers, popcorn and sulimani. One can also find a train which will be taking your from one place to another inside the park. Also there is a swimming pool where people can enjoy a swim in the bosom of Mother Nature.
Highlights: The Mushriff Park is just 5 minutes’ drive away from the desert camp and so it is an ideal place for a long night stay.
Location: Al Khawaneej St - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Opens from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM.
Price: The approximate price to the park is 10 dirhams per car. For swimming pool, adults pay 10 dirhams and children pay 5 dirhams.
This time during your dubai vacation there will be a lot of places that you would want to visit. Many of you might already know about the place while other might be a bit confused. Well on that let us make it easier for you by bringing you some of the places you should not miss. Out of the various places Souk Madinat Jumeirah is another best option for you.
Souk Madinat Jumeirah joins traditional Middle Eastern shopping society of stands, barrows with a blend of boutique brands this place will blow you minds away. Home decoration stores, souvenir shops, extravagance fashion jeweler are some of the favorite things here. It is additionally the home to more than 24 restaurants offering cooking styles from everywhere throughout the globe, including Italian, Asian, Indian, Persian, customary Arabic and Lebanese, French and American.
All Souk Madinat Jumeirah restaurants and bistros have picture culminate perspectives of the Arabian architecture, conduits or the famous Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Spend the day shopping and eating, however Souk Madinat Jumeirah likewise furnishes vacationers with different amusement activities, from showstopping exhibitions at the Madinat Theater, to Abra Tours of the staggering water waterways and an energizing nightlife.
Location: Souk Madinat Jumeirah is located at Al Sufouh Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timing: Opens from 10:00 AM- 11:00 PM
Make your Dubai trip a thrilling one while you visit the IMG world of Adventure. IMG Worlds of Adventure is the world's ideal and biggest indoor amusement park for bringing all your family and friends together. Witness the dinosaurs wander the Earth, or get changed into Ironman so as to spare the world, or to encounter the amazing rush of raptor flight.
IMG Worlds of Adventure is the ideal place to open your creative energy and have a ton of fun more than ever. With the ability to welcome more than 20,000 visitors a day, the goal highlights exciting rides and different attractions in light of prominent Cartoon Network characters, notable Marvel Super Heroes and animatronic dinosaurs.
Arranged inside City of Arabia, along Sheik Mohammad Bin Zayed Road, IMG Worlds of Adventure is set to be an unquestionable requirement visit for you, conveying the best of family stimulation to Dubai's developing recreation industry.
Location: The IMG world Adventure is located at E311,Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, City of Arabia - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 1:00 PM- 10:00 PM.
Who doesn't love butterflies? These colourful creatures can make you forget all your worries while you chase them through your garden. Now imagine a whole garden with these butterflies with their different kind of species. Amazing right? Dubai Butterfly Garden is just that heaven which is beckoning travelers from far and wide
A huge number of brilliant, rippling butterflies are drawing in voyagers and local people at Dubai Miracle Garden. The primary butterfly stop (cultivate) in the locale has opened at the green asylum, simply off Sheik Mohammed receptacle Zayed Road. As you enter the garden compound, there is a gallery to examine.
Protected types of 30-40 types of printed butterflies are in plain view in different shapes and sizes; an Apias Nero here, a Papilo Demoleus there, sprinkled with casings of evidently rousing citations: "Bloom like a butterfly," "try to avoid panicking and cherish nature". There are likewise expansive pictures of the illustrious family embellished with genuine butterflies.
The alluring complex fills in as a desert spring for both people and creepy crawlies. Abdel Naser Rahhal, overseeing executive of Dubai Butterfly Garden said that the world-class butterfly haven will draw in visitors from around the globe.
Location: Dubai Butterfly Garden is located at Al Barsha South 3, Dubailand Area, Beside Dubai Miracle Garden - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 9:00 AM- 6:00 PM.
What song strikes our mind when you hear about Legoland… I am gonna pick up the pieces and buil a lego house…… LEGOLAND® Water Park, is the biggest and the main UAE water park outlined particularly for children matured 2-12 and their families.
At this remarkable water park one can go up against the Joker Soaker, fabricate your own one of a kind LEGO® boat, go on fora sprinkle safari or slip and slide your way down one of our numerous attractions. More than 20 water slides and attractions outlined particularly for children matured 2-12 and their families to appreciate together at Legoland® Dubai.
Sprinkle your way through an entire day of LEGO® themed family fun at the main water stop in the district outlined particularly for families with kids 2-12.
Location: Legoland is located at Sheikh Zayed Road , Opposite Palm Jebel Ali - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 4:00PM -12:00 AM.
You might be aware till now that Dubai is the land of a lot of theme park but each having its speciality. There is another park which is a must visit for you in Dubai is the Motiongate Dubai. Experience the world of Hollywood like never before as you meet your favorite characters. This is something of magical world for the movie buffs.
Motiongate Dubai is a Hollywood-roused amusement park situated in Dubai Parks and Resorts, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, displaying themed regions and attractions in view of DreamWorks Animation, Sony's Columbia Pictures, Lionsgate, and The Smurfs and opened on December 16, 2016. Motiongate Dubai is operated by Dubai Parks and Resorts.
Spend some quality time along with your family and friends while you visit this one of a kind place in Dubai. And most of all don’t forget to click some memorable pictures with your favorite character.
Location: Motiongate Dubai is located at Dubai Park & Resorts, Sheikh Zayed Road , Near Palm Jebel Ali، Jebel Ali - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 11:00 AM- 10:00 PM.
For the nature lovers and the wildlife enthusiast this is a place which you should never miss in Dubai. Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary is a wetland famous for drawing in migratory birds in huge numbers. The wetlands have huge quantities of birds, crustaceans, small mammals and fish.Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary speaks to an enclave of relative wild in the midst of twirling activity and sprawling urban foundation.
Home to roughly 270 types of fauna and 47 types of flora, the place has seen a lot of progress. The haven was established in 1985 and the Flamingos included appeal and developed in number from that point forward. Together with the flamingos there are different kinds of birds including swamp harriers, dark herons, hawks, ringed plovers, avocets, pintails, greenish blue, kingfishers, spoonbills and snipe.
Location: The Ras Al Khor Wildlife Sanctuary is located at cnr Oud Metha Rd & Ras Al Khor St Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Timings: 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Just hearing the name of fantasy what comes to your mind. Let me thinks dreamland, fairies, castle etc right. If that is your favorite then you have just landed at the right place in Dubai. Dubai holds some of the many favorite tourist destinations. Out of the many places to visit in Dubai, Fantasy Kingdom is one such spot implied for children to investigate the greatest fun indoor while parents can enjoy some other experiences like shopping etc.
Situated at the ground floor in the Al Bustan Hotel the immense place is loaded with dynamic hues rides and the ideal outlet to give the most extreme recreational time to the general population dwelling in the inn or going by the inn for purpose of fun at Fantasy Kingdom. The entire place takes after a medieval topic with enormous scope of rides from essential to the unpredictable errands. The place is an ideal mix of customary and additionally present day style of amusements.
There is a tremendous assortment of video and recovery recreations in Fantasy Kingdom including simple to the theoretical considering. The present day interface of amusements gives a quality time to the children and also some time for the parents to unwind.
Location: Fantasy Kingdom is located at Al Bustan Shopping Mall, Al Nahda Road, Al Qusais, DubaiLandmark: Near Fun Island, Dubai.
Price: The approximate price starts from 380 AED.
While you are visiting Dubai there is another place which is a must visit for you. The Marine beach is a heaven for the beach lovers who love to spend some time by the beach side. Marina Beach sees a great many sightseers and voyagers consistently because of its pleasant scene and shining landscapes. Visit the shoreline and enjoy unwinding and placidness in a totally distinctive way.
The entire goal is loaded with various activities that you can appreciate at whatever time of the year. The place has numerous activities like swimming; Jet Ski and a great deal progressively that you can appreciate with your loved ones. Dubai's Marine beach is humming, all-activity hotspots amid pinnacle season, swarmed with individuals playing shoreline diversions, picnicking, stream skiing, running, swimming in the warm Gulf waters or lying oil-slicked in the sun for that perfect tan.
Highlights: Marina Beach is famous for a lot of activities like swimming, jet skiing, snorkelling etc. Get tanned while you lie down in the beach with the vivid surrounding.
Location: Dubai Marina
Timings: Open 24 hours
There is another place in Dubai which is a must visit for you. If you The Dubai Turtle Rehabilitation Project (DTRP) is based at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah and is keep running as a team with Dubai's Wildlife Protection Office, with fundamental veterinary support given by the Dubai Falcon Clinic and the Central Veterinary Research Laboratory.
The Turtle is a lead animal category for the preservation of the marine condition and is ensured all through the vast majority of the world. Every one of the seven types of marine turtles discovered universally are recorded as defenseless against termination, imperiled or fundamentally jeopardized.
The Hawksbill turtle, local to the Middle East, is recorded as basically jeopardized with just an expected 8,000 settling females left around the world. On a worldwide scale the best risk to marine turtles are altogether brought on by man. The DTRP is as of now the main venture of its kind in the Middle East and Red Sea district.
Location: Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Centre is located at at Burj Al Arab Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah.
Timings: Monday to Friday - 1:00PM - 5:00PM
Saturday, Sunday - 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Get a chance to meet the adorable sea lions while you visit Dubai this time. As Dubai is already a famous destination for the amazing waterparks. The newest addition to the Atlantis family these Sea Lion Point are perky, social and absolutely enchanting. Get very close with a kiss and play as you meet and welcome the delightful animals at Sea Lion Point.
Your guide acquaints you with a beguiling group of sea lions. Regardless of whether you pick the in-water or poolside experience, appreciate a personal minute with a standout amongst the most amiable marine animals on the planet.
Bond your new companionship with a tickle-initiating kiss from their thick bristles and tune in to your guide share fascinating truths about their conduct and natural surroundings. Don’t forget to try on the rides and slides of Aquaventure Waterpark. Also you can head out to the nearby beach to spend some leisure time there.
Location: The Sea Lion Point is located at Crescent Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Opens from 10:00 AM- 6:00 PM.
When you are visiting Dubai sightseeing is a must for you. With all the incredible places around you would definitely want to explore some. Al Fahidi Historical Neighborhood is an incredible chance to get to know the old lifestyle, which was predominant in Dubai, with its rich esteems that can be found in the outline of the structures and the way they are dispersed.
One can't ignore the group's tend to security that can be felt in the shortage of front windows, their restriction and height. Likewise, the winding and contorting back roads and pathways, and additionally raising the greater part of the area structures confronting south west towards the qibla, notwithstanding various esteems and rule that will unwind once the guest encounters Al Fahidi Neighborhood for them.
The structures of the region are as of now utilized as a part of brooding various differed social and creative exercises running from workmanship shows, specific exhibition halls, social and aesthetic social orders, ateliers to social focuses. The area likewise has various regular social and imaginative occasions, for example, Sikka Art Fair, Artists-in-Residence Program, Heritage Week, National Day Events and religious festivals. Delightful and comfortable bistros, eateries and motels flooding with legacy are scattered everywhere throughout the locale.
Location: Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood is located at Al Fahidi Street, Bur Dubai.
Timings: Opens 24 hours
Another favorite destination in Dubai which is a must visit for you is the Satwa District. The simple district of Satwa is the southernmost of Dubai's prevalently low-ascent, low-wage inward rural areas before you achieve the mammoth high rises of Sheik Zayed Road.
It's additionally one of only a handful couple of spots in Dubai where the city's diverse ethnic gatherings truly rub shoulders, with its blend of Arab, Indian, Filipino and even a couple of European inhabitants reflected in an uncommonly varied choice of spots to eat, from shoddy and-merry curry houses to Lebanese shwarma bistros and Western fast-food joints.
At the focal point of the area lies Satwa Roundabout, ignored by the Chelsea Plaza lodging. The avenues south of here are chiefly involved by Indian and Pakistani shops and bistros, including the outstanding Ravi's.
Location: The Satwa District is located at the southernmost of Dubai’s.
At Al Fahidi, a heritage hub in Bur Dubai, a coffee museum has set up coping with the international standards of a coffee club but with comfortable interiors. It is a private museum created at a home that takes you for an aromatic roam around the history. It is located at a villa, a traditional Emirati home and the moment you step in, you will forget yourself in the floating fresh aroma of brewed coffee.
Here you would get to taste traditional Turkish and Ethiopian coffee along with a wide knowledge of the origins of original coffee, old grinding methods, pots used to prepare the best coffee, roasters and other important materials used to produce the aromatic, good quality coffee. The staff serving coffee in the traditional costumes would give a pinch of the old days’ good memories as well.
Highlights: Above the museum, there is a separate space for kids, a reading room and a modern café to keep the guests away from boredom. Regional architectural methods have blended with an aim of allowing the guests feel comfortable and relaxation at their best level.
Timing: The shop is open on all days from Saturday to Thursday from 10:30 am to 06:00 pm.
Location: Villa 44, Al Fahidi Historical Neighbourhood, Bastakiya, Dubai. It is located about 10kms hardly from Dubai city.
If you are a heritage lover and if you would love to give your antique craze a puffery delight, then head to the marvelous gallery of souvenirs, Arabic handicrafts, Moroccan lamps and many more age-old grandeurs. This museum of multiple antique items is a 65000 square foot warehouse located at Al Quoz and it is been at the current location for the last 15 years.
The list of the glittering items inside the museum goes like this: Arabic lamps, old tea sets, coffee pots, pashmina shawls, candleholders, linen clothes, furniture items, shishas and similar items anyone will urge to buy and keep as a symbol of pride at home.
Location: Al Quoz 1, Street 12 B, near to Times Square Centre. One has to travel just 12.6 kms from Dubai to reach the museum and explore the shining glory of the items assembled here.
Timing: The museum is open on all days from Saturday to Thursday from 09:00 am to 08:30 pm and on Friday, from 09:00 am to 11:00 am and then from 03:30 pm to 09:00 pm.
An exclusive habitat completely dedicated to the ship of the desert, Camel Museum is a recognized as one of the most visited museums in Dubai. Perched on the banks of the sparkling Dubai Creek, the original space where the museum is located is Al Shandagha historical district.
From 1940s, Camel Museum has been giving shelter to the very rare species on earth and previously it was called as Camel Riding House or Beit Al Rekab. A great depth of knowledge about the camels on the peninsula is available here and thus makes a gracious rapport with these gentle animals through which people will have an idea of how important it is to protect these animals.
The uncommon bonding between the Emiratis and the camels is quite famous from time immemorial and you are going to get a deep impression about the same with the displays at this museum.
Highlights: The history, the evolution, the anatomy and what all you would like to know about a camel would be here. It describes the biological features of it along with the interior structure itself.
Location: Al Shandagha Historical District, Dubai, UAE. It is at a place which is located about 15 minutes’ drive away from Dubai city.
Timings: The museum is open on all days from Sunday to Thursday from 08:00 am to 02:00 pm. It will not be operational on Saturday and Friday.
Price: Entry to the museum is completely free.
Years before the advanced revolution made by oil on the soil of Dubai, pearl was discovered as the biggest profit but now to commemorate its value, Dubai has kept it safely in a museum and the baptized it with the name Dubai Pearl Museum. The Gulf has gifted to the land some of the best jewels of underwater years ago.
Sultan Al Owais, a great collector of the shining pearls in 1970s and those pearls collected by him are a part of the preserved items in the museum now. Emirates NBD, a leading banker in Emirates with branches all over the world has brought up the concept of Pearl Museum to restore the virtuous wealth came from the deep oceans and through that spread the word of protecting this rare materials’ value intact.
Highlights: Along with the magnificent collections of pearls as sole pieces or jewelry made of these materials, the museum portrays the lives of well know divers and sailors and the instruments they used during the discovery of pearls and other precious materials from the interiors of the oceans.
Remember, you can visit the museum only with the permission of Emirates NBD sought in advance. Also, they will allow only 8-10 people to enter the museum at one time but if there is a larger group of about 20 people will be allowed and that is the maximum.
Location: 10 Beniyas Road, Dubai, UAE. It is located about 12.2 kms away from Dubai.
Timings: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
If police force and their service have excited you, then Dubai Police Museum is a must visit during your tour of Dubai. The city’s Police Force and its developments are displayed in the museum that started in the year, 1987.
The visitors will be welcomed with the warm greetings from the old photographs, the weapons and equipment used and the remarkable items exclusively used by the Police Department. Some of the weapons date back to 1956 as well when Dubai Police Force was originally formed. One other attraction is the items made by prisoners which shows light upon the crafting talents of those who were sentenced.
Highlights: The collections at the museum include different items related to the department as well the public order. It has three halls brimming with varying materials like weapons, guns, communication devices and also the first police logo. It unabashedly displays the large and non-usable computer first imported by Dubai Police which was then the latest technology.
Location: It is located about 17 kms away from Dubai main city.
Timings: It will be open on weekdays from 08:00 am to 02:00 pm.
Price: The entry to the museum is free. But the visitors have to submit an online application form filled to the Dubai Police.
Dubai is a dreamland and there is nothing that you can not
find in Dubai. From shimmering skyscrapers to glittering magnanimous malls,
from lanes of old souks to the numerous fascinating Museums; you name it and
Dubai has it all. Old Weapon Museum is located in Bar Dubai and is segmented as
a building encompassing a total of three museums.
The museum has a single entry and hugeness of this building may intrigue you. Dubai is a future city which is developing with new technologies and high-end buildings rapidly. There is no stopping and the speed has taken over the time that has gone by. There is a sheer number of Museums in Dubai that have amusing displays. The old weapon museum contributes a lot in restoring the past of this Gulf city with its assorted collection of rifles, swords, bazookas and many other weapons used in the past. It gives you a great insight into the past defense system and lifestyle.
The museums in Dubai are quite in number, mostly have cheaper entry costs and some are free. Some are hidden in anonymous warehouses and secluded buildings whereas the popular ones have galleries and known locations. The Old weapon Museum in Dubai is quite underrated for having a limited display catering to only weapons and tools used in the past but it is definitely a great place for the one interested in exploring the history of Dubai.
Also, if you are a connoisseur of ancient tools or a history buff then this place is for you. The Saruq al Hadid museum and Sheikh Saeed al Maktoum house are some of the nearby attractions. If you are traveling to Dubai, try not to restrict your travel only to the malls, theme parks or beaches. Explore some extra miles to have the best and upbeat experience of the place. You will really feel like a time traveler in these museums.
Location: Al Khaleej Rd | Neben dem Crossroads of Civilisations, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
A famous racecourse in Dubai keeping around 60000 spectators at a time cheered and excited and it is one of the proud symbols of wealth and glory of this Arab city. A mile long grandstand can accommodate the most energetic groups as well. It was opened on 27th March, 2010 replacing Nad Al Ssheba Racecourse.
A horse racing museum, a five star hotel, a nine hole golf course and a gallery together occupy the vast racecourse to attract as many people as possible to let them relax and enjoy their holiday. When there is no race happening, it serves the duties of a business and conference center as well. It is owned by Dubai Racing Club.
Highlights: From November 2017 to March 2018, there is going to be a superb racecourse arranged here and it will top the hit charts of Dubai this year and next year, for sure. There would be nine domestic races during this season that will have the price up to AED 1 million.
Faultless dining and entertainment accompany every race and the guests would be overjoyed with the unapologetically opulent spectacle arranged here. The superlative race day is the Dubai World Cup which offers the richest prize money of over US $ 26.25 million and it has been the grandest day ever in the history of Meydan Racecourse.
Location: Al Meydan Road, Nad Al Sheba, Dubai, UAE. It is located about 11.5 kms away from Dubai city.
For cycling lovers, Al Quadra Cycle Track in Dubai is a paradise. This 100 km track is filled with cycling enthusiasts from different parts of the world since many of the places in the city limit are not legalizing cycling. But this track is open to those from MAMILS that is Middle Aged Men in Lycra to SMS that is Sunday Morning Strollers and for rollerbladers also.
The two prominent start points, the first comes when you drive east out of Dubai, close to Arabian Ranches and Studio city. From there you can pedal your cycle to the Stick which is a long, straight track that goes along Al Quadra Road. The second start point comes after 18 km up from the first and it is a hive of activities.
Here, the Trek Bicycle Store offers rental services and mechanics, beside, there are coffee shops and a medical center.
Highlights: A beginner can complete up to 50 km loop in two hours and also, night riders can take the Stick which is a 36 km round trip. Multiple groups of expert cyclists can be seen on the track regularly and the best feature of the track is that it is far beyond the catches of traffic and city buffs.
The tranquil surrounding gives the track a special beauty and that is why Al Quadra is kept out from any other cycling track in the city. The track is not so challenging but there are some long and straight stretches, couple of hills and dunes on the sides.
Location: It is situated around 24 kms away from Dubai city.
Developed by the renowned Emaar Properties, Dubai Opera, a 1901-seat, multi format, performing art space is located in the Opera District at Downtown Dubai. Here, the spectators would be accommodated so comfortably and they will be entertained by different art forms such as theatre, opera, ballet, conferences, exhibitions, concerts and what not.
The construction of the Opera was done in 2016 and the first performance was by Placido Domingo.
Highlights: The design of the opera house was given by Janus Rostock of Atkins and it was conceived by Theatre Projects Consultant. It resembles a traditional dhow, a sailing vessel still in use in Dubai. The bow of the structure shows the main stage, orchestra and seating when the long tail portion includes the waiting areas, taxi drop off areas and huge space for parking.
Around 2000 people can be seated at a time inside the opera house and enjoy the program. Doors to the foyer will be opened 2 hours prior to the performance and the doors to the auditorium will be opened 30 minutes before the start of the performance.
Location: Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid, Near Burj Khalifa, Downtown Dubai - Dubai - United Arab Emirates. It lies about 4 kms from Dubai city.
Price: Tickets to the Opera House can be purchased from the Box Office or book online at dubaiopera.com. The Box Office will be open from 10:00 am to 09:00 pm.
Witness the marvelous culture and customs of Dubai at the popular Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding or SMCCU as the acronym says. It was started in 1998 to help the visitors coming to Dubai get a proper knowledge and idea of the culture and the traditional customs of the Emiratis.
Here, the guests are allowed to take participation in the activities scheduled like Arabic classes, guided mosque visits etc. The wind tower house in the Al Fahidi Historical neighbouhood is where the centre is located. You will get to taste traditional cuisines here and also you can talk with the local people also. Its motto says like; Open Doors, Open Minds gives rather a warm welcome to all the questions which would be answered properly by the people here.
Head to lure the traditional Emirati breakfast, lunch or dinner post which you can start a guided tour of the location.
Highlights: You can visit the only mosque opened to non-Muslims in Dubai that is the Jumeirah Mosque but an SMCCU representative should be with you. A walking tour of Bastakiya if you book in advance can also be done here. Another highlight to be spoken about is the cultural lunch served with the traditional cuisines of the Gulf.
Location: Al Musalla Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. One can reach the centre in 16 minutes approximately covering about 10 kms.
Timings: The centre will be open from 09:00 am to 05:00 pm on working days except on Saturday. On Saturday it will be open from 09:00 am to 01:00 pm.
Price: The entry fee is 25 AED.
Among the best place to hang out with your family or friends in Dubai is the Aqua Park at the Beach at JBR. Any activity that comes to your mind which would be filled with fun and laughter at the best can be done here. The design of this inflatable obstacle course is in such a way that one has to overcome a number of ramps, bumps, towers and similar obstacles to reach the end point.
You would be brought back to your exciting childhood memories and thus escape the overloading pictures of career, monetary benefits, parenthood and similar things. A great space sans disruptions and digressions is this aqua park where you can be the cutest child possible.
The park is exceedingly packed with bumps, blockades, monkey bars, slides and swings which are located about 100 meters off shore. This aqua park measures up to 77 meters long and 35 meters wide and thus it becomes the largest of such kind in the Middle East. It was taken to the larger public by social media.
Highlights: The pink and blue coloured theme of the park showing the logo of DUBAI and the aerial view of it is simply stunning. The Blue colour represents the English script and the pink ones clearly show the Arabic script of the name.
Location: The Beach, opposite of JBR - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: It will be open on all days from 07:00 am to 01:00 pm.
Price: 50-195 AED
Yet another important racecourse in Dubai is Jebel Ali Racecourse that has the right handed horseshoe shaped track which lengthens up to 2200 meters that is the racing distance and with a 900 meters to run to reach the finishing point. It houses a 1400 meter long straight course also.
With a mixed surface of sand and oil, this racecourse is quite popular for its steep European style finish. The running direction is clockwise.
Highlights: The major highlight is the peculiar Pick Six competition that is held at every race meeting and its results will be declared in the paddock after the final race. There is car parking facilities and the race lovers would get a complimentary race card and form guides at the entrance gates.
To enter the public enclosure, you can go through the Faltaat Tunnel came into existence in 2001. Soft drinks and beverages can be availed at the stadium itself.
Location: Jebel Ali Race Course Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates. It is located at a distance of 19.8 kms from Dubai city.
Timings: There are races in the afternoon usually. Six of them will be held at a regular interval of 30 minutes and the first one will start at 02:30 pm.
Dubai’s proud multi-purpose sports arena is the Hamdan Sports Complex which was completed in 2010. The 2010 FINA world swimming championships were held here in which 153 countries have participated. It hosted the final games of the 2014 FIBA Under-17 World Championship as well. International aquatic events will be held at the stadium.
A total of 15000 spectators can be accommodated inside and watch swimming, badminton, basketball, tennis, volleyball, water polo etc. The stadium is sprawling around in 24 hectares of land and located on the Emirates Road. The strikingly beautiful architecture that merges with the melodic hue of blue and the superlative green colour spreading on the landscape outside is a talk of the town always.
A pseudo naturalness will accompany the stadium and its surroundings due to the wonderfully portrayed design.
Highlights: The swimming and diving pools are of high standards. 50 meter swimming pools and the recent technology of moveable floors enhance the quality level of the stadium, very well. Also, another attraction of the stadium is that the venue of the events can be converted into a dry land for non-aquatic and non-sports events also.
Location: Exit 611, Opp. Global Village, Emirates Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates. It will take around 34 minutes to reach the stadium from Dubai city.
Timings: It will be open on all days from 06:00 am to 12:00 midnight.
A clear definition of Dubai’s Clock Tower has not been published anywhere but it is one of the major landmarks in Dubai. It is believed to be constructed by the people in Dubai lived during 1960s have designed and created the clock.
Deira Clocktower or Dubai Clock tower as people fondly call is a roundabout in Dubai. It is located in eastern Dubai in Deira exactly at the intersection of Umm Hurrair Road and route D 89 road. It is a predominant monument in Deira and the access to the famous Al Maktoum Bridge is provided by this monument.
Highlights: It was designed by an architect Ziki Homsi and it was built by Architecture Design Construction as the people say. It came into existence as a symbol of Dubai’s life and one can witness or learn the importance of this tower in the lives of the natives. As the Telegraph newspaper listed out, Dubai Clock Tower is the prime attraction in Dubai and one of the 17 most beautiful clock towers around the world.
Location: Deira, Dubai. From Dubai main city, it is hardly 10 kms to reach Deira Clock Tower.
Heritage House was built in 1890 and this one is a courtyard house that offers the visitors to explore the house of a wealthy pearl merchant. The unbelievable fact about the house is that it is built of coral and gypsum and houses a central courtyard which has beautiful verandahs that keep the direct sunlight coming away.
Many of the rooms in the house have audio visual displays and the use of dioramas recreate the traditional life styles.
Highlights: This building is praised as the exemplary structure that showcases how a traditional Gulf mansion can be. The large exterior walls without windows are the sturdy protectors of the house. The main room called Al Makhzan would be visible after you cross the finely carved teak doors that are beautified with palm and floral creations.
In the main room, you can see mannequins that show the traditional dress and jewellery but the room is made extravagant with the Western imports, an old gramophone, a Seth Thomas clock etc.
Location: Al Ras Area, Deira, Dubai, UAE. From Dubai city, the Heritage House is located around 14 kms away.
Timings: The house is open on all days from 08:00 am to 07:30 pm but on Fridays, it will be open from 02:30 pm to 07:30 pm.
Price: The admission to the house is free of charge.
Dating back to the Abbasid period that is between the 9th and 11th centuries, the most popular site in Dubai is the Jumeirah Archaeological Site owned by the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority. It was first discovered and excavated in 1969. That excavation gave the people different ancient items like architectural materials, decorative items, pottery jars, plate ware, bronze coins etc.
A team from the Dubai Museum has excavated large houses built on the beach rock called farush and the studies now say that Jumeirah was existing during the first two three centuries of the Islamic era. This was the only complete settlement that has portrayed well maintained architecture and this is the only oldest excavated settlement from this period.
Many of the findings from the place now decorate the Dubai Museum as well.
Highlights: Archaeologists and historians from different parts of the world come here to study about the excavated items and know more about the architectural concepts prevailed during the ancient period. Hence it is considered as a special site and valued more than a tourist location. Tourists should need a special permission to visit the digs.
Location: Dubai, UAE. It is located at a distance of around 6 kms and one can reach there in 10 minutes.
Timings: The entry to the site is completely free.
The former residential quarters of Saeed bin Maktoum Al Maktoum and the historic building which is famous in Dubai is Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House. One of the finest landmarks in Dubai is this old house located along the Dubai Creek in the region of Al Shindagha.
The Sheikh was once a ruler. It came into establishment in 1894 and was the crowned possession of the Al Maktoum family. But now it has turned to be a museum that contains major artefacts and images discovered from the old town of Dubai.
Highlights: It houses historic photographs, coins, documents which show the recorded history of Dubai from the old centuries onward. The stunning architecture of the house is perfectly equipped with the naturally cooling wind towers and the house opens its doors wide to enter the dramatically stubborn history of the Arab regions around the Persian Gulf.
From the top floor, a remarkable view of the skyscrapers of current Dubai would be visible showering an incomparable experience to all.
Location: Dubai, UAE. It is located at a distance of 11 km and a journey of 19 minutes will take you the house.
Timings: It will be open on all days from 08:00 am to 08:30 pm but on Fridays, it will be open from 03:00 pm to 08:30 pm.
Price: 3 AED
A colourful mélange of interactive and learning spaces at Children’s City in Dubai catches numerous eyes. This is the first educational city in UAE which give the children between 2 and 15 a vast space to observe, explore, play and discover a lot of things. The city welcomes school groups and families to interact with each other and make learning easier and filled with fun.
The city has been renovated with new items and it opens the flamboyant vistas of earth science, space exploration, human body, computer and communication and there are a nature centre, a planetarium and a toddlers’ area as well.
Highlights: One of the major highlights is the simulator where the kids can fly on a magic carpet or ride a camel. The signs presented are in English and Arabic.
Location: Gate 1, Creekside Park، Al Riyadh Streets, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. It is located at a distance of about 9.5 kms from Dubai city.
Timings: The Children’s Park will be open on all days from 9:00 am to 08:00 pm and on Fridays it will be open from 03:00 pm to 09:00 pm.
Price: Adults should pay Dh 15 and children between 2 and 15 have to pay Dh 10. But an additional fee at the park entrance should be paid which is Dh 5.
An industrial compound accommodating warehouses in the industrial zone of Al Quoz in Dubai is Alserkal Avenue. Now, it is being celebrated as an arts and culture district with a wide array of galleries, facilities and platforms. It houses residencies for local and international artists as well.
The time Alserkal Avenue was just an industrial location has flown away and not it displays itself as a mix of industrial business and creative spaces. There are 60 art houses, design and creative venues which have foundations, private collections and community projects. It was founded in 2007 and from then on it was gathering the region’s artists and other people who belong to different sorts of lives to have discussions and dialogues, to share their ideas and enhance their artistic values to a great height.
Highlights: The galleries here are made distinct and beautiful by arranging individual programs which represent the emerging or established artists along with some exhibitions, talks, discussions, community events and so on.
Location: Street 8, Al Quoz 1, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Timings: The Avenue is open on all days except on Fridays from 10:00 am to 07:00 pm.
Price: Entry is free of cost.
A planned, man-made 75 km canal is the Arabian Canal that is on hold now. The construction of the canal would have done by 2012 but due to some reasons it was on hold. It will begin at the Dubai Marina, go around the Al Maktoum International Airport before joining hands with the sea at the outer end of Palm Jebel Ali.
Dubai Waterfront would be the first phase of the larger Arabian Canal. Its construction is led by a famous company called Limitless. The canal was designed as fully navigable with methods to prevent tidal control.
Highlights: There is a network which is tightly woven including roadways and transit that will link a huge range of communities and open spaces to the public places, wetlands and parks. The integrated systems of energy, water and waste would be doing a tremendous help and they are mutually beneficial as well.
The plans to build the canal called for $50 billion to construct a new city that would need 20000 hectares of land at the south bank of the channel. Totally, the canal will be 150 meters wide and six meters deep which can easily give space to yachts up to 40 meters to move through.
Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Timings: A definite idea on timings is not given by the authority.
Price: As of now, the entry Price to Arabian Canal is not decided.
An exclusive zoo that should not be missed on your Dubai tour is the famous Dubai Zoo, which extends up to 2 hectares of land. It was built in 1967 by a Dubai resident. H.H. Sheikh Rasihd bin Maktoum, the then ruler of Dubai gave permission to Otto J Bulart to construct a zoo on the plot in Jumeirah.
Being one of the oldest zoos in the Arabian Peninsual, this one is considered to the major landmark in Dubai and people term it as the town’s end. Since 1971, Dubai Municipality is managing and maintaining the zoo which housed a few animals in the initial years and later more animals have joined them.
The constant redesigning and renovations altered the zoo wholly and now tourists would love to spend ample time over here. This is the first zoo that extended space to breed the rare chimpanzee and the Arabian wildcat.
Highlights: Not it houses almost 230 species of animals including foxes, hyenas, lions, jaguars, chimpanzees, monkeys, deer, giraffes etc. Recently, it came in news regarding a controversy saying the conditions in which animals are kept in the zoo are unethical. Many activists and websites encouraged people not to visit the zoo. But it overcome those difficult situations and now a number of tourists come every day to visit the zoo.
Location: Dubai Zoo Jumeirah 1 (near the Jumeirah Shopping Center and Mercato Center) Jumeirah Street, Dubai, UAE. It is just 4.8 kms from Dubai city to the zoo.
Timings: The zoo will be open from 10:00 am to 06:00 pm on all days except Tuesday.
Price: 2 AED
This bio-dome is a specially engineered enclosed ecosystem which is well-bifurcated into four different forest levels – The Mid Story, The Canopy, The Flooded Rainforest, and The Forest Floor.
Right from snakes to sloths to creepy reptiles to bugs to piranhas, you have an extensive list of flora and fauna to explore here. Australian Walkabout, Sugar Glider Encounter, Reptile Encounter, Piranhas, Bird Encounter, Sloth Encounter, and Bat Cave are things to enjoy here.
The authorities of Green Planet Dubai are entirely dedicated to delivering the best of their informative services. Being a part of their interactive sessions, you will surely broaden your research about the exotic species and their habitat here. Here's some information to know while you plan on your itinerary for Green Planet Dubai.
You may also like: Best Dubai Tour Packages
Location: City Walk - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: The Green Planet Dubai opens sharp at 10:00 am in the morning and closes down by 07:00 pm in the evening
Price: A day entry ticket to the Green Planet Dubai will cost you around 115 AED (2155 INR) on the door and 99 AED (1855 INR) online.
Things to do in Green Planet Dubai
1. Be a part of their Summer Camp: The summer camp at Green Planet Dubai is a fun-filled adventure for all your little ones. It will be an excellent experience for them where they can learn about animal behaviours, arts, crafts, dance forms, or simply enjoy the special movie screenings.
Suggested Read: 40 Best Things to do in Dubai with Kids
2. Hop with the Lonely Loris: Watch how the endangered species of Loris is being cared and nurtured here at the Green Planet Dubai.
3. Explore the Thrilling Australian Walkabout: Australian walkabout gives you a fair opportunity to educate yourself with the fascinating multi-species exhibits. Lace Goanna Lizards, Lizards and turtles, wallabies, and Australian Carpet Python are some of the new members here.
4. Witness the Barking of Piranhas: Do you know that Piranhas bark in reality? Experience how they do it exclusively at the Green Planet Dubai. You will find both carnivorous and vegetarian species of the Piranhas here.
Also Read: 20 Fun Things to Do in Dubai
5. Sloth Encounter: If you want to encounter sloths hanging upside-down from trees, participate in Sloth Encounter interactive session which is scheduled right at 14:30 pm every day. This is the opportunity where you can get close to these sloths and capture some beautiful moments with them.
6. Enter the Mighty Bat Cave: Have you ever witnessed how a bat cave looks like? Witness the thrilling sights of the bats with the exclusive Bat Cave Experience. This activity is scheduled sharp at 13:00 pm every day, and you need to notify the authorities at the gate to participate in this."
7. Sugar Glider Encounter: Meet the nocturnal mammals – sugar gliders at the Green Planet Dubai. Throughout the 20 to 30 minutes interaction with the sugar gliders, you can carefully observe them gliding from one tree to another with the help of their thin skin flap.
Also Read: 55 Unique Things to Do in Dubai
8. Bird Encounter: Trace the endangered bird species of Toucans here at this Bird Encounter interactive session. Your entire session will last for around 20 minutes and will be scheduled sharp at 11:30 am in the morning.
9. Bug Encounter: Sharp at 04:30 pm, the Green Planet Dubai schedules for a 20-minute interactive session with some interesting bugs in their kingdom. Tarantula, roaches, worms, and millipedes are some of the exciting species you can find here.
10. Reptile Encounter: Meet some of the creepiest reptiles of Green Planet Dubai sharp at 12:30 pm and interact with them for around 20 minutes. There are snakes, chameleons, lizards, geckos, and turtles for some thrilling experience.
You may also like: 35 Best Romantic Things to Do in Dubai
Places to Visit Near Green Planet Dubai
Besides merely strolling through the Green Planet Dubai, here are all the places where you can visit around it -
1. City Walk: Right from dining to all family-friendly activities, City Walk offers you every single moment to entertain yourself with. While you indulge yourself in the essence of all the roadside eateries and shopping points, do not forget to spend some time in embracing the beauty of the street art display there. It’s worthy of every second you invest in watching it.
2. Hub Zero Dubai: Hub Zero Dubai is a family-friendly theme park in Dubai with numerous rides and hangout zones. This place is divided into 18 exhilarating attractions where you can easily spend one entire day.
3. Mattel Play Town: This is an award-winning park specially designed for your children to learn in the way they love to. Here, they can meet their favourite cartoon characters such as Bob the Builder, Angelina Ballerina, Barney, Fireman Sam, Thomas, and Friends.
Suggested Read: 55 Astonishing Tourist Places to Visit in Dubai
4. Escape Hunt Dubai: For all the game lovers, Explore Hunt Dubai is a gaming paradise. There are myriads of adventurous games to enjoy here. Prison Breakout, The Bank Job, Jack the Ripper are some of them.
5. Dubai Fountain: Dubai Fountain holds its head high in the sky by bagging the title of being the tallest performing fountain in the world. You can find this fountain to rest over a Burj Lake which is built across a land stretch of over 30-acres. Book your tickets for Dubai Fountain Lake Ride, Now!
6. Dubai Mall: Renowned as Emaar Malls flag points, The Dubai Mall homes to around 1300 retail outlets. The retail outlets which you encounter here are premium shopping options of Dubai. Dubai Aquarium and Zoo, Kid Zania, Dubai Ice Rink are some of its worthiest attractions.
7. Burj Khalifa: Experience the magic of cutting-edge technology at Burj Khalifa. You can get some panoramic views of Dubai by simply climbing the Burj Khalifa's observation deck. Palm Islands, Jumeirah Beach, and Safa Park are some of the nearby attractions of Burj Khalifa.
Must Read: 30 Best Places to Visit in Dubai with Family
Best Time to Visit Green Planet Dubai
Summer vacations are the best time to explore this place as you will be free from all your professional stresses.
Also Know: Best Season to Visit Dubai
Tips for Visiting Green Planet Dubai
- It usually takes around 2 hours to complete your visit to Green Planet Dubai. However, your visiting duration shall vary in accordance with your curiosity level. Keep track of the meal timings if you are planning to reach here with your children. There’s a café within the premises of the Green Planet Dubai where you can get some quick bites.
- It is an excellent place for your kids to enjoy. You can schedule your weekend outing or class trip or a field visit here. For assistance in this context, you may reach the management committee of the Green Planet Dubai.
Must Read: 10 Best Desert Safaris in Dubai
- If possible, plan your visit early during its opening hours. During the opening hours, the crowd will relatively be less, and hence, you will have sufficient time to invest.
- There are many scary animals here, like snakes and lizards. With the assistance of the Green Planet’s staff, your child will learn to tackle with these scary creatures with a brave heart.
- Make sure that your kids do not touch animals and birds that thrive in the bio-dome. This may irritate them and would likely disturb your activity due to such an intervention.
Recommended Read: 35 Best Restaurants in Dubai
How to reach Green Planet Dubai from Airport?
Here are three routes to reach the Green Planet Dubai from Dubai International Airport -
Route 1: Start walking from Dubai International Airport towards Dafza – 01. Wait for C26 at Wasl Park Terminus and get down at Khadri Masjid – 01. From here, you can either ride 15 or 28 or 93 or C14 and reach Rehabilitation Center – 01, which is at a distance of 3 stops from your boarding point. Finally, walk down for around 10 min to reach your final destination.
Route 2: Start walking from Dubai International Airport in the direction of Dafza – 01. Head towards Gold Souq Bus Station and wait for the arrival of 13B and get down at Hor Al Anz, Turnoff – 02. Walk towards Safa, Terminus to ride C14 and get down at Dubai Petroleum Corporation – 01. From here, your final destination is at a walkable distance of around 10 minutes.
Route 3: Start your journey from Dubai International Airport and walk towards Dafza – 01. Next, you need to board 13B from Gold Souq Bus Station to drop you at Naif, Intersection – 02. Head in the direction of Satwa, Bus Station from where you need to ride C1 and get down at Hana Center – 01. Wait until either 15 or 28 or 93 or C14 bus arrives. Once you board either of them, get down at Rehabilitation Centre – 01 and walk for next 10 min to reach your final destination.
You may also like: 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
Q1. What is the best time of the day to visit Green Planet Dubai?
It is useful if you plan your Green Planet Dubai itinerary either early in the morning or in the late evening when the sun is about to set. This offers a picturesque value to capture the beauty of Green Planet Dubai.
Q2. What is unique about Green Planet Dubai?
The uniqueness of Green Planet Dubai lies in the fact that it is Dubai’s most loved indoor tropical rain-forests featuring around 3000 exotic floral and faunal species.
Popular Read: 25 Best Beach Restaurants in Dubai
Q3. How can I reach Green Planet Dubai by metro?
If you are planning to reach the Green Planet Dubai via metro, you need to get down either at Burj Khalifa or Dubai Mall metro station. From these metro stations, your final destination is at 22 minutes walkable distance.
Q4. Is Green Planet Dubai Indoor or Outdoor?
The Green Planet Dubai is Dubai’s unique and most adored indoor rain-forests homing to around 3000 floral and faunal species.
Must Read: 55 Best Dubai Honeymoon Packages
Q5. How long does it take to go around Green Planet Dubai?
Visitors usually spend around 1 to 2 hours to explore Green Planet Dubai thoroughly.
Q6. Where can I park my vehicle in Green Planet Dubai?
If you are planning to drive directly to the Green Planet Dubai in your private car, you will have to make your way below the City Walk. It has various accessible points where you can park your private cars for free. Alternatively, you can avail the overflow uncovered parking facility which is right in front of the Green Planet Dubai.
You may also like: Best Camel Safari Tours in Dubai
Q7. Can I get wheelchair assistance for the differently-abled people?
Wheelchairs are completely accessible at Green Planet Dubai; so, you carry your personal one. For wheelchair assistance from their end, you need to approach the authorities and get complete information about it. In an emergency situation, they will surely assist you with a wheelchair.
Q8. Can I take pictures inside Green Planet Dubai?
Yes, you are allowed to click some pictures inside Green Planet Dubai.
Recommended Read: 30 Best Cafes in Dubai
Q9. Is Green Planet Dubai suitable for a field trip?
Yes, Green Planet Dubai is ever-read to host your field trip. Instead, the place is children friendly, and your little ones are surely going to enjoy a lot here.
Q10. Can I carry food inside Green Planet Dubai?
You won't be allowed to carry any outside food or beverage within the Green Planet Dubai.
Don't forget: 30 Places for Romantic Dinner in Dubai
There is an instructive and recreational office set to bring issues to light for the fragile adjust of nature and the value of one of our reality's most established living environments, making it the perfect instructive goal for the whole family.
Highlights: The one of a kind Green Planet is outlined as an enclosed biological system, The Green Planet reproduces the captivating universe of the tropical woods with more than 3,000 plants and creatures and the world's biggest indoor man-made and life-managing tree.
Location: The Green planet Dubai is located at City Walk - Al Wasl - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: Sunday to Wednesday - 10:00AM - 7:00PM
Thursday to Saturday - 10:00AM - 8:00PM
Price: The approximate price starts from AED 95- AED 149
The interactive entertainment and education center is a scaled facility that enables children to experience how adults view and participate in the world. KidZania’s streets are flagstone with shops, offices, factories, restaurants, a bank, hospital and fire station with settings for children between 4 to 16 years can live out their dream job with 80 role-playing activities to choose from.
During their job shifts, the kids wear uniforms and are paid in KidZania’s currency.
Location: Level 2, The Dubai Mall - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Opens daily from 10 AM to 11 PM
Price: Approximate price starts from 150 AED
With more than 30 thrilling rides and attractions, Dreamland Aqua Park holds its head high as an affordable summer holiday destination. Kamikaze, Black Hole, Twisting Dragons, Twister, Slide Five, Family Raft Ride, Rafting River, Mighty Ground, Aqua Play, Lake-o-Waves, Dream Stream, Slam Dunk, Dead Sea, Pool Game, and Jacuzzi are some of them. Out of all, the Dead Sea stands unique with its high salinity pool. Hippo Island, Aqua Play and Twisting Dragons are all part of this Dead Sea and are exclusively engineered both for toddlers and kids. If water rides are not your cup of tea, you can simply make your way to the dry sports zone, where you have courts for basketball, volleyball, and tennis.
Animal lovers can make their way to the mini pet land, which is located within the Dreamland Aqua Park. There are wide varieties of domesticating animals with whom you can simply capture as many images as you want. Make sure that you do not harm them.
Dreamland Aqua Park also features a video zone, simulator or amphitheatre, restaurants, cafes, and a pool bar. 2-day camping facility is what makes this Dreamland Aqua Park stand unique from the rest themed water parks of Dubai. Locals find this 2-day camping the best option to beat their day-to-day stress and enjoy unlimited access to water attractions, BBQ dinners, and overnight stay here.
Whenever you plan on your itinerary for this visit, make sure that you prepare a checklist to cover every nook and corner of this wonderland. With lots of things to do, you are definitely going to carry some exciting memories back. Let’s see what’s hidden inside.
You may also like: 20 Best Theme Parks in Dubai
Location: Umm Al Quwain - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Dreamland Aqua Park opens sharp at 10:00 am in the morning and closes down by 06:00 pm in the evening
Price: Per Adult INR 3599(AED 192 approx.)
Per Child INR 3391(AED 180 approx.)
Book your tickets Now: Dreamland Aqua Park Dubai at Flat 20% Off
Things to do in Dreamland Aqua Park
Dreamland Aqua Park offers you the best of all amusement and thrilling rides to enjoy throughout the entire duration of your visit. Some of them are -
1. Twister: It is a 40 m long tunnel which allows you to slide and spin through the inner walls of the bowl and then go for a whopping nose dive at a depth of 2m.
2. Black Hole: Are you familiar with the super-gravity of a black hole? If yes, then this is what you will be experiencing here too. This black hole will drive you into a world of complete darkness.
3. Twisting Dragons: Twisting dragons are meant to offer thrills at every turn. Although you know your point of entry into this ride, you will be scratching your head hard to step out through the right exit.
4. Family Raft Ride: This is a tube-like ride which can comfortably accommodate up to 5 heads at one go. Be extremely careful, as Family raft ride is undoubtedly going to drive your adrenaline pump faster than ever.
5. Rafting River: Rafting river lies amidst 2 gigantic slides which will leave you spellbound as you raft down through its stream. There’s a colossal splash at the end of this ride. So be careful!
Besides this, Dreamland Aqua Park has other rides such as kamikaze, mighty go round, lake-o-waves, slide five, dream stream, aqua play, dead sea, slam dunk, and pool game.
6. Go for Overnight Camping: Once you are done with enjoying all rides, it is now time to take a look at Dreamland Aqua Park’s most unique thing to go – camping. Yes, Dreamland Aqua Park offers you an exciting opportunity to camp with them for around 2 days. Your camping shall be inclusive of breakfast, lunch, and a BBQ dinner.
7. Enjoy Eating at Dreamland Aqua Park’s Multi-cuisine Food Outlets: Dreamland Aqua Park homes to some exotic food outlets offering multi-cuisine dishes. Atlantis, Snacks Attack, Saj Zaman & Shisha Majlis, Golden Kiosk, Pool Bar, and Catering Division are some of them.
8. Dry Sports: Once you are done with all the water rides, you can head towards dry sports zone. There are courts for volleyball, basketball, and tennis where you can enjoy group activities.
9. Amphitheatre: Do not miss attending the musical concerts, shows and other corporate events at the Dreamland Aqua Park’s amphitheatre. This place can comfortably accommodate up to 1500 people.
10. Mini Zoo: When you feel tired of everything, simply head towards the mini zoo to interact with the different species here. You can have as many pictures as you want. Just make sure that you do not threaten or harm these animals.
You may also like: 55 Awesome Activities to Do in Dubai
Places to Visit Near Dreamland Aqua Park
Umm Al Quwain homes to some pristine white beaches, museums, flying clubs, mangrove forests, and several other historical remains to make your visit an engaging one.
1. Abandoned Ilyushin IL 76: This is a great sightseeing option for avid plane spotters. You will need approximately 30 minutes to explore the entire abandoned plane. Before reaching here, make sure that you read the rules to be observed and obey them religiously.
2. Umm Al Quwain Fort: Also called the Fort Al Ali, this fort makes a perfect destination for history buffs to visit.
3. Al-Dour: Al-Dour is located along the UAQs coastline. It was an important trading port between 200 BC to 200 AD.
4. Old Harbour: If you wish to spend some time observing the skilled craftsmen at work, you should definitely head towards Old Harbour. This place overlooks the traditional dhow building and is a place to assemble traditional boats. It is all over surrounded by coral stone houses.
5. Aquarium: A part of the Marine Research Centre, UAQ aquarium is open for your visit only if you make a prior request in this context. Fishes, snakes, rays, and corals are some sea creatures which you will be witnessing here.
6. UAQ Museum: Dating back to 1768, Umm Al Quwain Museum is a renovated ancient fort and homes various ancient artefacts recovered from nearby archaeological sites.
Discover more: 15 Best Museums in Dubai
7. Falaj Al Mu’alla Garden Park: This is an excellent place meant for a perfect family outing. It homes to many facilities such as swimming pools, kids playground, mini grocery, rental bikes, and barbecue areas. Camel racing and offroading are essential things to do here.
8. UAQ Shooting Club: This place offers the supreme quality of corporate entertainment. The shooting range of this club is stretched across a wide area covering both Dreamland Aqua Park and UAQ Aeroclub.
9. Khor Al Beidah: This is a paradise for nature lovers and bird watchers to dwell. You have flamingos, crabs, placid lagoons, turtles, and crabs all waiting for you to mark your presence here.
Also Checkout: Best Tourist Attractions in Dubai
Best Restaurants to Eat at Dreamland Aqua Park
Roaming in and around Dreamland Aqua Park is undoubtedly going to leave you hungry after some time. But don’t worry, as there are many food points where you can gather and munch on your favourite delicacies. Let’s take a quick look at some of them -
1. Atlantis: This is an all-day indoor dining restaurant located within Dreamland Aqua Park which serves some of the exceptionally well Continental and Mediterranean cuisines. This place can accommodate around 170 persons in a go. Do try their seafood options as they are the most popular servings of this place.
2. Snacks Attack: Snacks Attack is a one-stop fast-food destination, especially adored by small kids. Yummy pizzas, fried chicken, juicy burgers, crispy chips and what not does it serves. It has a Slush Corner from where you can grab your share of frosty treat and set your mood right.
3. Saj Zaman & Shisha Majlis: After a long and tiring tour of Dreamland Aqua Park, make your way towards Saj Zaman & Shisha Majlis for tasting some Lebanese style pizzas. Shisha or Hubbly-bubbly is what they are known for.
4. Golden Kiosk: For those who do not wish to waste their time in heavy meals, Golden Kiosks offers some mouth-watering quick bites to carry on and munch. You can either go for a readymade cold sandwich or some fresh fruit cuts or chill yourself with some refreshing ice-cream flavors.
5. Pool Bar: Pool Bar is the central focus of Dreamland Aqua Park’s food attractions from where you can have quick and easy access to all major rides. No matter what’s the atmosphere, Pool Bar will always serve you some chilling alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
6. Catering Division: Finally, comes in is your event food section where you can host your upcoming celebrations. They have experience in offering the best quality catering services for all your indoor celebrations such as wedding reception, product launch, and family day outing.
Must Check: 35 Best Restaurants in Dubai
Best Shopping Places in and near Dreamland Aqua Park
Here are some best shopping options available near Dreamland Aqua Park, Umm Al Quwain -
1.Mall of Quwain: Mall of Quwain is a complete shopper’s line with a full line of shopping facilities and amenities. This mall homes to many food courts, dine-in outlets, coffee shops, 5 screen-multiplexes and so on. The beauty of this mall is that it is designed in accordance with keeping all the latest retail concepts in mind. Mall of Quwain is truly a paradise for shoppers to dwell for hours.
Recommended Read: 15 Best Malls in Dubai
2. Ajman China Mall: Also called as Chinese Merchandise Procurement Centre, Ajman China Mall is a wholesale destination for general merchandise, furniture, appliances, and other commodities.
3. Grand Centrale: Large Format Departmental Store of Ajman, Grand Centrale follows an open store concept where you can shop a wide array of personal and home accessories.
4. City Centre Ajman: This is considered to be one of the largest entertainment destinations of Emirates. City Centre Ajman homes to around more than 79 different local and international brands Right from shopping to entertainment to dining you have every single thing to engage you for a quality time.
5. Karji Store: For those who are willing to buy cosmetic products should definitely not miss visiting Karji Store of Ajman. Karji store brings some of the globally renowned most excellent quality cosmetic products to take sufficient care of your skin.
6. Lulu Hypermarket: Lulu Hypermarket of Ajman is a one-stop destination for all your home accessories. They have almost every department, which is essential for your home décor. You can start your journey from the digital department and then move forward to fashion, lifestyle, grocery, fresh food, home décor, and so on.
7. Chocolala: Are you looking for some fresh homemade chocolates to carry back to your home? If yes, then, Chocolala of Ajman is the place you simply can’t afford to miss. Visit Chocolala for a wide array of assorted chocolates to wrap and gift to someone special.
Suggested Read: Best Shopping Places in Dubai
Best Time to Visit Dreamland Aqua Park
Winter season offers the best climate to roam around in UAE. Thus, plan your visit to Dreamland Aqua Park between November to March when the temperature ranges from 18 to 27 degrees.
Suggested Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai
Tips for Visiting Dreamland Aqua Park
- You can get all general information related to the Dreamland Aqua Park, lost and found items, missing persons at the main reception or information desk of the Dreamland Aqua Park.
- Park provides for a free parking facility for up to 2000 vehicles. It is essential for you to take a note of all the parking signs. Also, ensure that your parked vehicle is properly locked to prevent it from damage or theft.
- You shall be provided with riding tubes and life vests for your children, which are to be worn on specific rides that require them.
- You are not allowed to carry any personal floatation device with you.
- At the entrance of each pool and ride, there are safety signs displayed. You are requested to observe these safety signs religiously.
- In the case of the first-aid requirement, you are requested to approach the locker room, which is located near to the main entrance of the Dreamland Aqua Park.
- In case of emergencies, you can approach lifeguards or any team member from the customer support team.
- Dreamland Aqua Park also has separate prayer rooms both for men and women.
- There are toilet and shower facilities made available at convenient places both for men and women.
- You also have a sunbed facility with shading umbrellas. Although there is no additional cost to avail these facilities, it works in accordance with first-come, first-served basis.
- Dreamland Aqua Park encourages cashless services where you just need to carry an electronic credit and tie it across your wrist band. The moment it goes out of cash, you can easily refill it with the assistance of either customer service officers or ticket booth cashier.
- Dreamland Aqua Park has a specific admission code, dress code, safety code, and conduct code which are supposed to be observed by each and every visitor entering the Dreamland Aqua Park.
Must Read: Travel guide to Dubai for a hassle free experience.
How to reach Dreamland Aqua Park from Airport?
There are two recommended routes to reach Dreamland Aqua Park -
Muhammad bin Zayed Road (E311) and Emirates Bypass Road (E611). This park is located at a distance of around 70 km from Dubai International Airport. It will take you approximately 50 to 60 minutes to reach your final destination.
Also Checkout: 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
Q1. What is the best time of the day to visit Dreamland Aqua Park?
It is always good to be here during the early opening hours. This gives you ample time to explore the park freely as it won’t be crowded. Also, a majority of the services inside the Dreamland Aqua Park operates according to a first come first serve basis, your early presence shall benefit you.
Q2. Is Dreamland Aqua Park Indoor or Outdoor?
Dreamland Aqua Park is an indoor playful water park with serpentine slides and a lounging lawn, food outlets and a camping zone.
Q3. How many rides are there in Dreamland Aqua Park?
You’ll find around 30 different thrilling rides inside Dreamland Aqua Park. Kamikaze, twister, twisting dragon, black hole, family raft ride, mighty goround, slide five, rafting river, aqua play, dream stream, lake-o-waves, jacuzzi, slam dunk, dead sea, and pool games are some of them.
Q4. Can I carry food inside Dreamland Aqua Park?
You are not allowed to carry any outside food inside the Dreamland Aqua Park. In case you feel hungry, there are many food outlets within this mighty waterpark. Atlantis, Snacks Attack, Saj Zaman & Shisha Majlis are some of the heavy meal outlets where you can try. For alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, they have a Pool Bar which lies close to many of the rides. If you are not so hungry to grab a complete meal, you can go for some quick bites available at Golden Kiosk.
Also Checkout: Best Places to enjoy Street Food in Dubai
Q5. When did Dreamland Aqua Park open?
Dreamland Aqua Park became operational on the 12th day of June 1997. Since then, it has always remained on the topmost position amidst other water parks in UAE.
Q6. What is unique about Dreamland Aqua Park?
Dreamland Aqua Park is well-known for its unique waterside camping, which is considered to be one-of-its-kind service in the entire UAE. During the Dreamland Aqua Park’s operational hours, you can enjoy unlimited water attractions.
Popular Read: 20 Best Fun Things to Do in Dubai
Q7. How long does it take to go around Dreamland Aqua Park?
Visitors usually like to spend at least 5 hours in exploring Dreamland Aqua Park entirely. However, Dreamland Aqua Park’s 2-day camping is mostly preferred by many visitors to enjoy the park at its fullest.
Q8. How can I reach Dreamland Aqua Park by public transport?
You can ride an E601 bus departing from Etihad Bus Station (Deira). This bus will drop you at Union roundabout (Umm Al Quwain). From here, you can hire a private taxi to drop you at your final destination. Your bus journey will cost you around 10 AED. The frequency of these buses is excellent. You have a bus after every 45 minutes of wait.
Q9. Is there a locker facility available in Dreamland Aqua Park?
Yes, there is a free locker facility available at Dreamland Aqua Park. You can find the locker facility at the main entrance itself. Although these are available free of cost, they are allotted on a first-come, first-served basis. As lockers are CCTV controlled, you can secure all your valuables and other personal belongings inside it.
Q10.What age children have free entry in Dreamland Aqua Park?
Dreamland Aqua Park entry is entirely free for infants below 2 years of age.
Q11.Is there an additional cost for parking at Dreamland Aqua Park?
Dreamland Aqua Park offers free parking facilities for 2000 vehicles. You are, however, requested to ensure that your vehicle is locked correctly.
Planning a Dubai Trip: Check out the best Dubai holiday tour packages
The artificial archipelago has 300 mini islands and is located only 3 miles off the coast of Dubai. The World Island seemed a distant dream but was turned into reality after 10 years of hard struggles and roadblocks. This set of 300 floating islands was first announced in the year 2003 and after much stumbling, it successfully got completed. You can spend your time frolicking at the beach or enjoy indoor and outdoor dining, engage in water sports activities and also laze in the pool the entire day.
The World Island is the definition of modern and new Dubai which beliefs in innovation, best use of technology and venturing towards making Dubai a destination full of dreams and fun. The architectural marvel can be envisioned on a beautiful seaplane which clearly shows the shape of the continents by its unique Ariel tour. Take the 40 minutes ride and get water landed to experience the islands of the creek.
This grandiose Dubai attraction also has a floating replica of the beautiful Italian city of Venice. The World Island also offers villas amongst which a few also offer underwater rooms where you can sleep amidst sea animals. Initially, it seemed that it was immersed under water according to the images released by NASA but now with the island ready, it is a full-fledged tourist location which has a great number of people visiting here every year.
The island is everything you ever asked for in terms of luxury and underwater experiences. The location also has stunning beaches with modern and chic hotels which will make your dream come true of a perfect holiday. Every island has a different story to say and represents the best of the culture there. The World Island surely is a great man-made ambitious project which has paid off for the desert island.
The World Island located off the coast of Dubai is operable 24 hours but the entire trip to the Islands will take about 3 hours to complete. The group tour offers sight-seeing options with both boat and Ariel experiences and will cost about 10,000 per adult for the same. The tour starts at 11 am and goes on till 6 pm depending on the slot you book for the same.
Places to visit near World Island Dubai
Dubai is an exceptional beauty and apart from exploring the World Island Dubai, there are many attractions within a range of 10 km that can be explored in a day.
1. Jumeirah Mosque: One of the most beautiful of all mosques located in Dubai, The Jumeirah Mosque is an exquisite example of fine Islamic architecture. The mosque presents a perfect and an attractive sight especially in the evenings when the floodlights are lit. This beautiful stone structure is built in the Medieval Fatimid tradition with subtle details on them.
2. The Burj Al Arab: The Burj Al Arab is a skyscraper Hotel which stands tall at 321 meters high on its island off the coastline. The building resembles a sail and also has some wonderful display of colourful lights in the night. The Hotel is also considered the most expensive hotels in the world but the architecture and the luxury element is to die for. If you love opulent dinners then you should visit the in house restaurant here. The restaurant offers sea-facing views which completes your experience.
3. Jumeirah Beach: One of the most popular public beaches in Dubai, Jumeirah beach has an attached park which makes it a must-visit destination near the World Islands. The beach also has a lot of water sporting activities apart from playing the usual beach games like badminton and volleyball.
4. Kite Beach: To the south of the Jumeirah beach is the Kite beach that is the perfect definition of spending a lazy evening. The Kite Beach is Dubai's premier destination of kite surfers and other water sports activities.
5. Wild Wadi Water Park: This famous outdoor water park is the stop where you can satisfy your hunger for water sports. A great place to spend your time here especially when you have kids with you.
Things to do in World Island Dubai
Out of the most innovative man-made wonders in Dubai, the World Island stands tall. Its beauty is in the originality of its idea and the tones of technology that has gone into the shaping up of the artificial archipelago. Many things can be done here and we have listed a few best ones.
1. Enjoy your time at the Beach: you can visit one of two beaches that are open to the public if you are not interested in going to Jumeirah Beach. You can sunbathe here while you sip on some refreshing drinks and lip-smacking snacks.
2. Swim by the Pool: Explore the Lebanon Island and access its beautiful swimming pool to unwind and refresh. Children will surely enjoy the pool.
3. Play Volleyball: Lebanon island also hosts and entertains Volleyball games which can be enjoyed with friends and family.
4. Enjoy Water Sports: You will just love the display of water sports activities in Lebanon Island. Boat tours are available here if you love to delve into deep waters.
5. Toro Blanco Dinner Date: Romance is in the air and what better than organizing a romantic candle-lit dinner for your partner at Toro Blanco on the Lebanon island.
6. Dance your Way: Some great music, happening moves and the island vibe, all total up to some great party time which can be enjoyed here. Even if the islands are not completely ready you can still party your night away.
7. Have Luxurious Stays: Discover luxury and comfort in your stay here. Whether you get a relaxing spa done or chill out at the swimming pool, the hotel promises to enrich your experience with their service and great ambience.
8. All-day or Evening Access: Get ready to be thrilled with the whole day visit planned and organized for you. With seaplane rides, you can soak up to the mesmerizing sites of Dubai skyline and at the same time marvel at this gigantic creation.
9. Rent Cabanas and Kayaks: If you enjoy the water and plenty of it, then you will surely enjoy Venetian rides on Cabanas and Kayaks to give you the feel of the Italian city. This also can total up to as a romantic ride while you enjoy the views of the sea.
10. Take several Pictures: Take your professional camera because photography here is a great thing to do. You can take several photographs of the views offered that will prove great memorabilia.
Best time to visit World Island Dubai
To avoid scorching heat and unbearable humidity, it is best to visit the World island in the months between October and February. The temperature around this year is cool and there are no rains. During this time plane rides as well as boat tours can be enjoyed to the core. These months are the busiest in Dubai in terms of the tourist boom.
Tips for Visiting World Island Dubai
We recommend you to quickly make plans to visit here because rumours are rife that the islands are sinking! But there are certain things you need to understand before embarking on this joyous ride.
- The daily access boat if you are looking at day time visit ranges from 10 AM to 6 PM.
- The evening boat access from 6 PM to 11 PM is for adults only so it is not a good idea to go for it if you are with your family.
- You ensure that you spend at least 8 full hours on the island to enjoy it thoroughly.
- Don’t make plans to visit any other place because you will be tired.
- Make sure you access everything that is mentioned in the package.
1. What is unique about World Island Dubai?
This man-made island is unique in the sense that it is made on the idea to create a world map which could be seen at one glance from the top. Built by using millions and millions of tonnes of sand, the 300 island archipelago is the definition of innovation and best use of technology. This island is located off the coast of Dubai and took more than 10 years into making. The world island Dubai is a dream project which will eventually consist of private homes, estates, resorts and Community Island. No other country has attempted anything like that and that’s what makes this extremely unique.
2. Is World Island man-made?
Yes, the World Island is a complete man-made wonder. The project was helmed by Nakheel projects and was a dream of the then ruler of Dubai. The Islands are accessible both by the sea on boats or by a seaplane that gives you an aerial view. The construction of these islands began in 2003 but in 2008 it was kept on hold due to some financial issues.
3. What is the history of World Island Dubai?
The ruler of Dubai, the popular Sheikh Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum, conceived the idea of the entire world in Dubai. This idea was taken further and given shape by Nakheel Projects when in 2003 it started building the project. A total of 10 years went into the making of the island with 300 islands out meeting many stumble blocks on the way. As of date only 2-3 islands are functional and can be used for commercial use but it is also coming to the knowledge that due to improper foundation the island is slowly sinking back.
4. How did Dubai make artificial islands?
Before making World Island, Dubai had already begun constructing the Palm islands back in 2001. A host of professional diver analysts were recruited to survey the sea bed after which the crescent-shaped breakwater was constructed from a blasted rock. The Palm Island stands at 13 feet above the low tide level and also is stationed in 34 feet of water. The breakwater’s lowest level is covered by an erosion preventing water-permeable geo-textile so that it doesn’t wash out. The world islands were constructed with the use of 321,000,000 cubic meters of sand and 386 million tonnes of rock to facilitate its strength. Roughly about 242 km of the shore was created to give this the complete look.
5. What are the other man-made islands in Dubai?
Dubai has set the stage for some of the most inventive and groundbreaking ideas. It has many firsts and the primary first among it is having the tallest building in the world named Burj Khalifa. But recently Dubai has added another feather in its cap by constructing artificial islands off the coast of the sea which has proven to be great spots for tourists to visit. The artificial islands man-made by Dubai are Palm Jumeirah, Deira Island, Palm Jebel Ali and the World Islands.
The four themed zones and the five main slides will pump up the adrenaline rush when you experience the adventure. It presents you fun in multitudes like the lazy river, infinity pool lounge, cabanas, children’s play zone, beaches, and the best water slides where the water is temperature-controlled. The place offers you a chance to learn surfboarding on Saturdays while the ladies are treated with a delightful time by the Lady’s Night on Thursdays. The best part about this beachfront destination is that it operates on all 365 days throughout the year. So, visit Dubai any time of the year and you will find Laguna Water Park always welcoming you.
The Laguna Water Park that offers you promising thrill and splashing fun gets inspired by the gorgeous neighbourhood of La Boca that lies in the vibrant city of Argentina, The thrilling slides are the showstopper of the park. There are five main slides WaveOz180, Free Fall, Mad Racer, Constrictor, Flatline Loop body slide, and Manta raft ride. Also, there is Aqua Play and Splash Pad which will be found amusing by everyone. They also provide with Cabanas to relax while sipping your favourite drink. The place offers you with bars and restaurants that are licensed and retail outlets for you to shop. One can also check out the beachfront of La Mer and fulfil your terms of vacation to Dubai. So, break the taboo of just visiting the glitz and glam of Dubai and do explore the thrilling splash of this beachy port stop.
Location- It dwells in the heart of glittering La Mer in Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings- 10:00 am - 8:00 pm daily.
Price (for locals and foreigners)- One can enter the Laguna Water park through an admission pass that is entitled to a full day entrance and has access to all the rides, water slides, beach, and play area. The prices for locals and foreigners are given as follows:
For the residents - AED 99 and INR 1856
For non-residents- AED 159 and INR 2980
For all infants below the age of 2 years, the entry is free.
Places to visit near Laguna Waterpark
1. Hub Zero Dubai- It is an astonishing theme park found near the Laguna Waterpark. The place is a state-of-the-art indoor theme park with sprawling zones and entertaining games. It displays a funky and amazingly designed virtual reality. A child as well as an adult-friendly place that will keep people of every age who searches for gaming fun, entertained with the best gaming experiences. One should unmistakably try a visit to this place when visiting Laguna Waterpark, Dubai.
2. The Dubai Fountain- A majestic place that is considered the world's one of the biggest fountains nestled on the Burj Khalifa lake spreading itself across the area of 12 hectares at the centre gorgeous Downtown Dubai. One should definitely give a visit to the Dubai Fountain to experience the magic of the light and musical fountain shows that will leave you spellbound.
3. The Lost Chambers Aquarium- Providing a home to around more than 65000 marine animals The Lost Chambers Aquarium is considered as United States of Arab's biggest aquarium. It is based on the theme of Atlantis that consists of tunnels and halls and showcases the housing of marine life and how they are fed. So come and visit this place and rejuvenate yourself amidst the aquatic world.
4. The Green Planet By Meeras- A captivating place that is found near the Laguna Waterpark. It is a humongous botanical museum where you witness rainforest inside the walls with nature’s heavenly plants, birds and animals. Addressed on the location of City Walk in Dubai Green Planet by Meeras is a must-visit place.
5. Dubai Frame- If you wish to explore the architecture in Dubai and you are keen to know about it all then one should surely give a visit to Dubai's magnanimous architectural landmark, Dubai Frame. It is known to be the biggest picture frame on the whole planet.
Things to do in Laguna Waterpark
Things to do at the magnificent Laguna Waterpark are present in multitudes one should always try to catch up with the many activities offered here. The waterpark will not just entice you with just the pool but a lot more. Check out the following things to do:
1. Enjoy the classy slides- Experience the thrilling experience with your mates and family with a splash. The ones who wish to have that breathtaking experience can for these rides:
2. Manta- Dive into the chilling water in this adventurous raft ride while you spend a vacation with your family in the Laguna Waterpark. Manta is a small raft ride that you can take with your family or friends. The number of members allowed in this ride is 3-4. One should surely try this thrilling raft ride and drop on that manta wing to experience the joy of splashing waters.
3. WaveOz Flowrider 180- Explore the most thrilling surfboarding experience at the world’s largest WaveOz Flowrider that proves to be the star of Laguna Waterpark. A 180-degree slide that takes you 187 feet high wall to wall. One can also enjoy the view of the Arabian Gulf and be entertained by the WaveOz Flowrider at the plaza provided by the park. It is a must to have such an adventurous experience while at the park.
4. Experience the amusement of the rides- The buzzing kick of these rides will never disappoint you. People of the height minimum1.2 m and high can participate
- Mad Racer- Race with your friend on this side by side water slide and explore the fun.
- Free Fall- Step in the capsule get ready to have heart-stopping fall down splashing through the water.
- The Loop- Hop on the most loved ride and go round and round in a translucent tube of 360 degrees full of exhilaration till you splashdown.
5. Lazy River- One can just sit in the lazy river and relax and play with little ones. Also, get swept along with the oasis of the river and go with the flow. People can play water games with their children and teach them a little swim.
6. Cabanas- Take a breath and unwind yourself in the pretty and cozy cabanas providing you comfort and shade. Lay down and relax under the shade of these cute cabanas while you watch the view of the people playing in the pool and taking a ride.
7. Infinity pool - As you search for a place to chill and relax in this giant water area on the beachfront amidst the noises of the slides and the people, one can surely dive in this infinity pool and lounge. Anyone who wishes to munch on can also step a foot in the poolside cafe.
Ticket/Pass in Laguna Waterpark
Full-Day Pass- For a full day entry to the Laguna Waterpark one has to buy the full-day pass. One can buy the pass either directly from the gate or online also. The pass includes entry to all rides, beach and the play area. Entry for infants of 2 and less have access to free entry. The price for the adults is AED 145 and INR 2718 if you book from the door whereas if you book online then the price comes down to AED 125 and INR 2343.
Ladies Night On Thursdays- For a fun lady's night at the Laguna Waterpark all the ladies are welcome to visit on Thursday as it is the night for the lovely women to rejoice in some leisure time. The lady's night begins at 7 pm and continues until midnight just for the ladies. The park will also be run by a team of ladies. So if the ladies wish to enjoy more they can relax and chill out the new La Shisha till 2 am. The price for the passes is AED 125 and INR 2343.
Resident Annual Passes- The resident annual passes are a treat for residents of Dubai. One can buy the passes and can have access to the lavish Laguna Waterpark for any time of the year. They can also have access to the park for an annual weekday as well. The price of this pass is AED 249 and INR 4667. The pass includes many more facilities attached to it like a free Roxy La Mer fun and also a discount on beverages, food and also on the retail merchandise of 10% to the people.
Exclusive Cabana Experience- If one wishes to have an amusing Cabana experience then you should buy this pass. There are 11 Cabanas especially reserved for the whole day and besides, it has entry valid for up to 4 guests. Not just that it also clubs the private sun loungers, beach towels, locker, welcome drinks, cold towels and also provides you access to all the rides and the beach. The price of this pass is AED 1100 and INR 20,168.
Surf's Up on Saturdays- One can also make themselves entitled to the 3-hour surfing lesson from 9 am to 12 pm only on Saturdays. The price for this pass is AED 199 and INR 3730 along with a full day pass in which you will be accessible to all the rides and the boards will be made available to you at the WaveOz 180 FlowRider.
Best Time to Visit Laguna Waterpark
The best time of the year to visit the refreshing Laguna Water Park is considered to be the summertime usually as the splash of water would for sure refresh you amidst the sweltering summer heat. One should plan a visit to this ravishing park during February end of October beginning. Although the park can be visited throughout the year one can choose the holiday time to spend some fun hours here.
Tips for Visiting Laguna Waterpark
- It is suggested to carry these things while visiting the water park-like, comfortable Footwear, Camera, Sunglasses, Identity Card, Sunscreen, Towel, Bathing Suit and Extra Set of Clothes as the items will not be provided by the authorities.
- It is advisable to carry your swimwear as it is compulsory to wear for the rides in the park. One can also choose to buy the swimsuits at the retail outlets present in the park itself.
- Pre-booking of the admission tickets to the park is highly recommended to save time from standing in queues.
- You are strictly prohibited to carry outside beverages and food items. One can buy from the food outlets available in the park itself.
- You should always check the safety instructions before getting on the ride. One should be careful towards their children and so should be precautionary.
- Young children under 13 years of age should be always taken care of by their guardian that should be an adult.
- One can opt for the locker as it is available for your convenience but with additional cost.
- One should keep the timings of the park in mind while planning a visit. The Laguna Water Park is open from 10 am till 6 pm.
How to reach Laguna Waterpark from Airport?
Laguna Waterpark is known to be the heart of La Mer, as the place is known all over for being a beach destination. It is quite not possible for one to reach from the airport to Laguna Water Park directly and so one has to choose public transportation to reach the place. Also one can take a cab from the airport and experience a short journey to reach the Business Bay station, two buses are running at regular intervals of time. One can take the Bus no.9 or Bus no.88 to reach the Village mall and from there you can easily find a taxi to reach the Laguna Water Park.
Frequently Asked Questions-
1. What is the best time of the day to visit Laguna Waterpark?
Nestled in the heart of La Mer in Dubai, the Laguna Waterpark can be visited throughout the year at any day during the hours of 10 am till 6 pm. The best part of the day is believed to be the morning hours as one can embrace a lot of activities to entertain like the waveOz 180, lazy river, the infinity pool, splash pad, etc. and rejoice in the maximum fun. Also, the evening hours can be considered as one can enjoy the cold splash of water and the joyful rides. The noontime is not that much preferable as one may experience the scorching heat of the sun during those hours in the city of Dubai.
2. What are the operating days and timings of Laguna Waterpark?
Being a fun and frolic spot for entertainment and amusement, the Laguna Waterpark operates on all days throughout the year with the uniform timings that are from 10 am till 8 pm. One can never be disheartened by the thought of it being not open any day. Everyone can take the exciting chance to visit this magnanimous waterpark at any time of the year.
3. What is unique about Laguna Waterpark?
This magnanimous water playground is most famously known for its extraordinary rides. The park flaunts around more than 130 spots of chilling and entertainment. Five rides in the water park are the most unique ones offering you the most thrilling time of your visit here. Promising you a lot of adventure there is a central Water Slide Tower that instills these rides of wonder and excitement. They are,
- Mega Sawtooth Constrictor Slide
- Freefall Slide
- Flatline Loop Body Slide
- Manta Family Raft ride and,
- Mat Racer Slides.
4. Is there any locker facilities available inside the waterpark?
Yes, the locker facility is made available to everyone inside the waterpark to keep your stuff safe while you enjoy the ride and have an unparalleled experience at this beachfront destination. Although the place will provide you with a locker facility you will be charged an additional fee for the same. The price of the locker facility will be charged separately and are not included in the price of the admission ticket.
5. How many Rides are there in Laguna Waterpark?
The most unique part of the Laguna Waterpark is that it holds the five main slides namely, Mega Sawtooth Constrictor Slide, Freefall Slide, Flatline Loop Body Slide, Manta Family Raft ride and, Mat Racer Slides that will make your visit to the park filled with thrill, adventure and mostly with a lot of fun. It has four main distinctive zones that are, Surf, Relax, Slide, Splash. It particularly features five rides of which the two are one for the Middle East and also a children's area, food, kiosks, pool lounge, lazy river and a store too.
6. Can we take food inside the Waterpark?
The Laguna Water Park authorities strictly prohibit carrying outside food or beverages inside the waterpark. If one craves for his/her food requirements or is a big foodie fellow then you do not need to worry. Inside the waterpark, you will have many amazing and world-class dining experiences. They have provided for its tourists, water park's main restaurant that serves you with the rich and exquisite meals. One can savour the fun of dining on a rooftop cafe or catch up with aesthetic views of the Dubai Skyline.
7. How many zones are there in Laguna Waterpark?
The Laguna Waterpark instils the four main zones that are featured inside that leads the tourists to the whole different world. Every zone here is specifically designed for every age group. From a 2-year-old to a 70-year-old one can never return disheartened from this place. Mainly highlights five rides that are a splash pad, an infinity pool, a lazy river and also WaveOz 180 that gathers and entertains all the adventure enthusiasts.
8. What is the height criteria for water rides?
For each water ride in the Laguna Waterpark, there is a specific number of the height mentioned by the authorities. Every person's height whether a child or an adult should be at least 1.2 m and above to go for some of the water rides. The waterpark also has shallow pool facilities one should first enter those parts and then go for the rides. To keep your safety first, one should always follow the rules of the park.
9. Are there any restaurants available inside the Laguna waterpark?
If you are struck by hunger then you can go munch on in the main and amazing restaurant of the waterpark that serves you world-class exquisite meals while you visit the Laguna Waterpark. Not just the regular restaurants but you also can opt for the rooftop cafe to dine and relax while absorbing the gorgeous view of the Dubai Skyline and the Arabian Gulf. One can also take a break from the rides to relax in the surf club and take a sip of beverages.
10. What things should I carry while going to the waterpark?
The essentials to be carried by a person while visiting any waterpark is an important point to be noted as one will surely need those things. It is suggested to carry these requisites like, comfortable Footwear, Camera, Sunglasses, Identity Card, Sunscreen, Towel, Bathing Suit and Extra Set of Clothes as the items will not be provided by the authorities. One should always carry their swimwear as it is compulsory for all rides. One can also buy the swimwear accordingly inside the waterpark at the retail outlets.
The glittering theme park located in Zabeel Park, spread over an expansive 40 acres of land, is a tribute to the creative and technological skills of Worlds’ best brains. The Dubai Garden Glow, run by a private-public collaboration, was inaugurated in the year 2015. The park remains closed during summer every year and re-opens again in October. So far, it has run for 4 seasons; 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Every year the park comes up with innovations and creativity to surprise and amaze visitors.
It comprises of four iconic zones; Ice Park, Dinosaur Park, Art Park, and The Glow Park, and attractions like Flower Wally, Colorful World, Glowing Safari, Happy Forest, etc. that astound and enchant the explorers. Some of the other entertainment spots, apart from the above-mentioned include, African Savanna, Ant Party, Panda Paradise, Rabbit Heart, Ladybirds, Candy Land, Water Fairies, Talking Tree, and Giant Phoenix vase. Live musical shows, gymnastic performances, water shows, and rides keep up the spirits of the vacationers and make their stay memorable.
The Garden transforms from an art arena in the day to a glowing garden in the night as 10 million energy-efficient bulbs and tones of recycled luminous material illuminate the epic-sized replica of wildlife and natural landscapes.
Along with fun and frolic, the Garden expounds about Global Warming by utilizing biodegradable products for installations to reduce the carbon footprint and make the earth a safer place for future generations. It introduces kids to varied flora and fauna and teaches about their importance and role in ecological balance. For those who feel hungry and listless after a lot of walking, the street-styled food such as hotdogs, burgers, pizzas, and ice-creams offered by the vans and stalls throughout the park provides a refreshing break and gratifies their senses.
Know more: Best Dubai Tour Packages
Location: Zabeel Park, Gate No-6 & 7, Area–B, Dubai, UAE
Timings: Saturdays to Wednesday: 4:00 P.M – 12:00 A.M.
Thursdays, Fridays & Public Holidays: 4:00 P.M. – 1:00 A.M.
Price: Per person INR 999(AED 53 approx.)
Planning a trip to Dubai Garden Glow? Buy your tickets here!
Places to visit near Dubai Garden Glow
1. Brain Game Dubai (Rs. 2064 per person): Located near the ABCD Metro Station, the Brain Game Dubai is a pure, no holds barred team game that tests the confidence, observation skills, analytical prowess, mental acuity and communication skills of the participants to collate cleverly concealed clues, find the solutions under 60 minutes and escape impending danger. Based on an impressive concept, some of the alternative entertainment and escape rooms include Prison Madness, The Museum, Around the World in 60 minutes, and Orient Express. Buy your tickets to the Escape Game here!
2. Dubai Dolphinarium (Rs. 1150 per person): The 54,000 sq. ft., air-conditioned indoor attraction, situated in the Creek Park of Dubai, contains Dolphins, fur seals and exotic birds and parrots belonging to 20 different types. Dolphin & Seal Show, Swimming with Dolphins, striking Bird Show, Awesome Magic Show, Mirror Maze, and 5D/7D movie experience leaves crowds thrilled and amused. Click here to get your Dubai Dolphinarium tickets at 20% Off.
3. Laguna Water Park by Meeras (Rs. 1858 per adult): A haven for adventure freaks, Laguna Waterpark is known for its 180-degree surf machine, only the third of its kind in the World. The Waterpark located in La Mer beach comprises of 4 distinct zones namely Surf, Relax, Slide, and Splash. Grab your tickets to Laguna Water Park at 20% Off here
A half-dozen rides, slides, sluice, lazy river, and infinity pool lounge keep visitors’ interests alive and make their day. The in-house restaurant and bar keeps the hunger pangs at bay and revitalize their energies.
4. The Green Planet by Meeras (Rs. 2158 per adult): An indoor rainforest that consists of more than 3,000 types of flora and fauna. The bio-dome, which was built around a massive man-made tree, is categorized into 4 levels namely; the canopy, the Midstory, the Forest Floor, and the Flooded Rainforest. Each level showcases the significance every part of the rainforest plays in ecological balance and the animal kingdom that habitat every part. Get 14% Off on your tickets to the Green Planet, Dubai tickets.
5. Safa Park (Rs. 56): The expansive 64-hectare park is one of the oldest and well-known parks in Dubai with innumerable attractions and field sports. SafaPark, which is home to 3 lakes, 200 types of avian types, 16,000 varieties of trees and shrubs, verdant meadows and little knolls add scenic beauty to the Park. Plenty of picnic spots, tennis, basketball, volleyball and football courts, waterfalls, fountains, boat rides, video parlour, jogging track, bicycle track, and children play areas attract crowds in large numbers. Scores of barbecue sites around the park quench the thirst and hunger pangs and satiate the senses.
6. Adventure Zone: An indoor adventure hub located in Galleria Mall, Jumeirah, It is an ultimate haven for adventure seekers, kids, and families. Kids’ immensely love and enjoy the fun activities like Skate Park, Caving, Trampoline Park, Indoor Football, and low ropes course. Climbing Pinnacle, Cable Climbing Course, Boulder Wall, and Zipline are the high-octane games that keep the visitor's adrenaline pumping and heart racing.
7. Karama Park: The small park located near Dubai Creek, in Al Karama district, has earned the pseudonym “Little India”, as many Indian expatriates reside around this locality. The green grassy meadows and shady trees attract a lot of families for a picnic outing, chatting and strolling with friends and families. Antique Clock, a weather vane, the inlaid road for jogging and bicycling, children’s play area, badminton court, and cricket field are the additional attractions that pull residents and visitors of all ages. The canopied benches lure the public to relax and enjoy the panoramic view of the park.
A chain of restaurants and cafes, mainly from the sub-continent, dot the park’s periphery. Chennai’s vegetarian snacks, Mumbai’s pav bhaji, Chinese’s Noodles, Lebanese’s sweets, Indonesian’s Soup, and Arab’s local cuisines leave visitors licking their fingers.
Explore: 55 Best Things to Do in Dubai
Attractions in Dubai Garden Glow
1. Ice Park: It is one of the greatest creations in Dubai Garden Glow that offers visitors an unimaginable experience of sub-zero freezing temperatures in the heart of the tropical desert climate. Explorers are provided with thermal jackets to venture into the Ice Park set at a temperature of -7oC. The Ice Park and an assembly of a life-sized replica of wild animals and monuments, is the brainchild of 150 highly skilled artists from all over the world, using 5000 tons of solid ice. Icy structures of Burj Khalifa, Burj Al Arab, Ice Age film characters, and Mini Dubai are the additional attractions of this Ice Park.
2. Dinosaur Park: This edutainment park takes the visitors to pre-historic times of the Mesozoic era when deadly predators like Dinosaurs such as Tyrannosaurus Rex, Velociraptors, etc. walked on this planet. The 120 electro-mechanical devices modelled as dinosaurs built to life-size to enthral the visitors. The engaging and interactive Dinosaur Lab showcases the life cycle of these majestic creatures, while Dinosaur Museum displays facsimiles of dinosaur’s fossils and skeletons.
3. Art Park: The artwork created by 200 diligent, highly creative people from all over the globe in 60 days with 500,000 reusable products such as porcelain, glass, plastic dishes, bottle, and innumerable CDs mesmerize the vacationers. A reproduction of the gorgeous Sheik Zayed Grand Mosque utilizing 90,000 porcelain plates, spoons, and cups derive gasps of surprise and wows from crowds. Equally tantalizing is the recreation of Burj Khalifa with 330,000 glass vials and various stunning reproductions such as gigantic raging bull, colourful swans, King Cobra, Panda, Peacock, and an elephant.
4. The Glow Park: The biggest glow-in-dark theme park is a masterpiece created by 500 eminent engineers, architects and skilled craftsmen that captivate and entertains crowds of all ages. The reproductions of Wildlife from Maasai Mara (Kenya), the tulip gardens replica from the Netherlands and myriad aquatic creatures of oceans, illuminated by millions of energy-saving light bulbs and tones of luminous ecological products will spellbind the crowds.
5. Flower Wally: The gigantic multicoloured lanterns, luminous wildlife sculptures, and brilliantly crafted structures that mimic nature and its landscape amaze the crowds at night.
6. Colourful World: The play of illumination, colours, forms, and laser effects produce psychedelic effects on visitors. A journey through Colorful World is magical and unforgettable.
7. Happiness Street: It is a homage to Dubai that has set happiness as a measure of development in the UAE. The magnificent installations of this section stand as testimony to this cause and delight the crowds.
8. My Dubai: This section of the Park showcases life in Dubai as a theme with its vivacious installations.
9. Glowing Safari: This part of the attraction takes visitors on a safari trip of glowing life-sized wildlife figurines, melodious music, and light play that impart real thrill and enjoyment.
10. Happy Forest: It displays installations depicting nature and wildlife as a motif with reclaimable luminous fabrics.
You may also like: Top 55 Tourist Attractions in Dubai
Best Time to Visit Dubai Garden Glow
The Dubai Garden Glow remains closed during summer every year. The Park re-opens in October. Therefore, the best time to visit it is during the winter season. Visitors can visit Dubai Garden Glow between October to May every year. During this period, to witness the changeover of the Park from an awesome art piece to glowing garden in dark, one has to be there just before the sunset, around 5:30 p.m.
Must read: Best Time to Visit Dubai
Tips for Visiting Dubai Garden Glow
- Visitors should carry valid photo ID to seek entry to the Park.
- Entry ticket to Dubai Garden Glow doesn’t cover entry charges to Ice Park. An extra charge of Rs. 751 enables one to visit Ice Park.
- Animals and Pets are not allowed inside the park.
- Balls, Toys, Scooters, and Bicycles are not allowed inside the Park.
- Guests are advised to wear respectable attire in Dubai Garden Glow. The management reserves the right to refuse admission if any guest wears inappropriate attire.
- Parent/Guardian must accompany children throughout the park during their stay.
- Visitors are warned to refrain from smoking in the park premises.
- Management does not allow outside food & drinks into the Park.
- Visitors should note that rides/attractions will be operational subject to availability.
- Parking is available at Zabeel Park.
- Visitors can carry cameras inside the Park.
Check out: 20 Amazing Desert Experiences in Dubai
How to reach Dubai Garden Glow from Airport?
One can reach from Dubai International Airport (terminal 3) to Al Jafiliya Metro Station on the Red Line. One can reach entrance gate 6 or 7 of Dubai Garden Glow from Al Jafiliya either by cab or walk. The public transport 32C runs between Airport and Dubai Garden Glow. Visitors can either book a private or public taxi to reach Dubai Garden Glow directly from International Airport
You may also like: 50 Best Resorts in Dubai
1. What is the best time of the day to visit Dubai Garden Glow?
Though the Park opens at 4:00 p.m., the best time to visit Dubai Garden Glow is just before sunset, around 5:30 to 6:00 p.m. As the twilight zone turns into night, the Park transforms from an art arena to a glittering visual masterpiece.
Explore: 20 Best Beaches in Dubai
2. What are the operating days and timings of Dubai Garden Glow?
Saturdays to Wednesday: 4:00 P.M – 12:00 A.M.
Thursdays, Fridays & Public Holidays: 4:00 P.M. – 1:00 A.M.
3. Can I carry food inside Dubai Garden Glow?
Outside food & drinks are not allowed inside the Park.
Suggested reads: Top 35 Restaurants in Dubai
4. When did Dubai Garden Glow open?
Dubai Garden Glow was first inaugurated in December 2015. The Park remains closed every year during summer and re-opens in October. During its 1st season, it came up with ice structures of World landmarks like The Taj Mahal, Egypt’s Pyramids, Burj Khalifa, and others. In its 2nd edition in 2016, the park paid homage to nature with scintillating reproductions of landscapes, flowers, and trees made out of ice, lights, metal and other products.
Spectacular sculptures and recreations of multi-hued fish and underwater landscapes celebrated their presence in the 3rd season in 2017. ‘Glowing Safari’ was the motif for the 4th season in 2018 that saw series of replicas of Wildlife safari. Every year the park comes up with innovative installations and themes to amaze its visitors. The theme for 2019 is yet to be disclosed.
5. What is unique about the Dubai Garden Glow?
The unique thing about Dubai Garden Glow is the creation of an exemplary exhibition of an epic-sized replica of flora and fauna, dinosaur animatronics, icy sculptural park with gigantic animal figurines and monumental structures and artwork with reclaimable objects and energy-efficient lighting bulbs by hundreds of engineers, architects and artisans using state-of-the-art technology, innovation and creativity.
Check out: 25 Best Things to Do in Dubai at Night.
6. Are there any restaurants insides Dubai Garden Glow?
Yes. Dubai Garden Glow has huge food pavilion that offers gourmet cuisines of national and international varieties. Mouthwatering Street-style and fast foods such as hot dogs, pizzas, burgers, ice-creams, cool drinks, and hot beverages are served by numerous vans and stalls inside the Park.
7. How can I reach Dubai Garden Glow by metro?
Visitors can take Metro Red Line from Dubai International Airport (terminal 3) to Al Jafiliya Metro Station, which is the nearest metro station to Dubai Garden Glow. From the metro station to entrance gate 6 or 7 of Dubai Garden Glow, visitors can either engage a cab or travel by foot.
Popular reads: 35 Best Adventures in Dubai
8. How much is the ticket for Dubai Garden Glow Ice Park?
The entry fee of Rs. 1126 to Garden Glow is not inclusive of Ice Park fee. The admission fee to Ice Park is Rs. 751.
9. Is there parking space available at Dubai Garden Glow?
Yes. Parking is available at Zabeel Park.
Explore: 40 Amazing Things to Do in Dubai with Kids
10. Can I click pictures inside Dubai Garden Glow?
Yes. Visitors are allowed to take snapshots or videos inside Dubai garden Glow.
Visitors can walk on the 93metre long glass pathway and enjoy the city on either side of the Frame. The structure resembles a magnificent and a colossal frame adorned by golden motifs in honeycomb pattern dazzling at night. Designed by the award-winning architect Fernando Donis, Dubai frame has honeycomb motifs all over in the exterior inspired by the logo of Expo 2020 to be hosted in Dubai.
The authorities expect 2million visitors a year to witness this architectural marvel and especially walk over the crack-free sturdy glass at the middle of the bridge. Dubai Frame has a museum showcasing the past and present of Dubai. How a city of the port used for fishing and trading re-invested itself to a country proud for its rich oil and mineral resources to an upscale and developing city of peerless and beyond.
It has a host of fine dining restaurants, top-rated Hotels and Café’s to offer variety and entertainment to its visitors along with the spectacular view of Dubai skyline on either side. The Dubai Frame project cost close to AED 160 million has been constructed using 2000 tons of steel, 2900metre of laminated glass and boasts of 15000 sqm of gold cladding.
Strategically located in Zabeel Park, one of the oldest Park in Dubai it offers a panorama of the cityscape both old and new. Additionally, it is located close to Dubai creek further offering a charming view of the Arabian Gulf along with an aerial view of the Abras on water.
Suggested Read: 55 Best Tourist Places to Visit in Dubai.
Location: Al Kifaf, Zabeel Park Jogging Track - Dubai - United Arab Emirates.
Timings: 9.00am to 9.00pm every day.
Price: AED 50 and AED 20 for adults and children respectively. Children below the age of 3 years, senior citizens and specially-abled individuals are exempted from entry fee.
Book Now: Dubai Frame Tickets Flat 30% Off.
Places to visit near Dubai Frame
1. Dubai Glow Garden: This is an amalgamation of 4 amazing worlds of imagination with an artistic blend of the world’s unique theme. Glow Park, Ice Park, Art Park and Dinosaur Park are the four artistic splendours of Dubai Garden Glow.
Book Now: Dubai Garden Glow Tickets Flat 33% Off.
2. Zabeel Park: This urban public park is centrally located and is a popular spot for families with children. It has several sectors connected by pedestrian bridges and multiple entries from all sides. Spanning across 47.5 hectares, this park can accommodate up to 2,300 vehicles alone.
3. Dubai Gold Souk: The traditional styled gold Market in Deira is a popular destination for shopping not only amongst travelers but also locals. There are close to 380 retailers selling exclusive pieces of the precious metal in mind-boggling designs. Click here to know more about market in Dubai.
4. Dubai Fountain: The man-made Burj Khalifa lake is adorned by the world’s largest choreographed fountain popularly known as the Dubai fountain. It is operated every 20 minutes to traditional music with a fascinating play of light and water in charming patterns.
5. Burj Khalifa: The tallest building on planet earth which is 828 meters tall with a charming observatory deck at the 124th floor is a lifetime of experience. With plush hotels, luxurious residences, elaborate office spaces, and restaurants this is a signature address in Dubai.
Book Now: Burj Khalifa Tickets Flat 11% Off.
6. Brain Game Dubai: The Brain Game Dubai has an impressive concept regarding alternative amusement and escape rooms. The players have an hour to solve riddles, puzzles and cross several obstacles to escape from one room to another finally arriving at the endpoint.
7. Dubai Dolphinarium: located in the creek side of Bur Dubai, this is the first fully air-conditioned Dolphinarium showcasing dolphins and seals. They proudly perform and show their antics to the visitors through live shows and photoshoots.
Book Now: Dubai Dolphinarium Tickets Flat 20% Off.
Things to Do at Dubai Frame
1. Museum: The museum showcases the facts and figures of Old Dubai, it’s rich tradition, souks and culture. There are quotes from HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Mukhtam written on different places showing the emergence of Dubai from past to present. Click here to check the list of museums in Dubai.
2. Sky Deck view: A magnificent view of old Dubai where the landmark places like Al Karama, Bur Dubai, Deira and Umm Hurair are located and on the other hand the uber Dubai with its colossal skyscrapers and popular places like the Sheikh Zayed Road and Downtown Dubai can be spotted.
3. Future Dubai: This is the places which showcase the future on Dubai in the next 50 years. It presents a very futuristic and a fast-paced city which re-invents and innovates itself constantly.
4. Dining: There are plenty of options to dine and to have a gastronomic tour in Dubai Frame. Starting from a small café in the middle of the bridge at the observatory deck to an array of world cuisine on offer in the different floors and Hotels of Dubai Frame. Click here to check the list of 35 Best Restaurants in Dubai.
Must Read: 55 Best Things to Do in Dubai.
Galleries in Dubai Frame
1. Old Dubai Gallery: The journey inside begins with a narration of the mammoth project of Dubai frame. It gradually leads to the old gallery which has artefacts and images talking about an era bygone. Articles like sewing machines, pewters, prayer beads and other things used in day to day life in those days.
An audiovisual and sensory show explains the transit of the city from a fishing village to an upcoming global city decked with the most modern buildings and amenities. With the help of 3D screens, visitors can have a first-hand feel of Old Dubai.
2. Present Dubai Gallery: Guests are then led to a glass-topped expressway gradually progressing towards the upper bridge of the Baroque. This gallery particularly showcases all the recent developments and victories that Dubai has achieved in recent times.
Here one can have a 360-degree view of the contrast between Old Dubai and Present Dubai. Sky Scrapers, the world’s tallest building, luxury residences inviting popular personalities from all over the world and several other brilliant accomplishments. The upper bridge features a transparent glass floor in the middle where one can see the ground below.
3. Future Dubai Gallery: The Future Dubai gallery is an interactive virtual reality display that presents the vision of Dubai in the next 50 years. This is a very impressive and futuristic art gallery with a quotation which says it all. “The future is for those who dare to dream and find the courage to pursue their dream.''
Also Read: 20 Best Fun Things to Do in Dubai.
Places to shop near Dubai Frame
1. Dubai Mall: One of the largest Mall in the world has most of the renowned international brands and flagship stores under one roof. It has close to 1000 retail outlets, a 250 roomed luxury hotel, 22-screen movie hall, 14000 parking space and a host of other amenities. To attract visitors of all ages, it takes pride in housing the Dubai aquarium and the Discovery centre exclusively for the youngsters. Click here to know what more you can do in Dubai Mall.
Also Check: 20 Best Restaurants in Dubai Mall.
2. Al Attar Shopping Mall: This mall located in the Karama area has plenty of stores selling a variety of merchandise. This is a place where one may want to bargain and settle for the best price for an article.
3. WAFI Mall: Situated right at the heart of Dubai, WAFI is an eclectic mix of shopping, dining, leisure, and entertainment. The mall has close to 250 plus retail stores, an array of hotels in mid-range, spas, and salons to rejuvenate and a plethora of options for dining.
Must Read: 15 Best Malls in Dubai.
4. Gold shops: There are a host of renowned Gold shops scattered nearby Dubai Frame. Ranging from Joylukkas, Malabar Gold, Kalyan Jewellers, and Atelier fashion LLC it is all there to allure the visitors.
5. Al Khaleej Centre: This is yet another shopping center popular amongst the locals for it has close to 300 retail outlets and an elaborate food court. It also has an open souq concept with stalls selling perfumes, bags, cosmetics, and much more lucrative merchandise.
6. Lamcy Plaza: Situated on Sheikh Rashid Road, this 5-level Mall with an assortment of shops on lifestyle, fashion, food, electronics and more have entertained and pampered guests for more than 2 decades.
7. Home Box: The Home Box stores have an amazing collection of furniture suiting every taste and budget. Right from home décor to utility and furniture to accessories, there are several artefacts on display.
Also Read: 30 Best Places for Shopping in Dubai.
Best Time to Visit Dubai Frame
The best time of the day to visit Dubai frame is sometime when there is sufficient sunlight as well as close to sunset as one gets to watch the best of both worlds. So sometime around 5 pm is an ideal time to visit Dubai Frame, which offers a daylight view of the Dubai skyline and a dazzling skyline of skyscrapers once it gets dark.
Popular Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai.
Tips for Visiting Dubai Frame
- Smoking is prohibited inside the building premises.
- Do not sit or put children on barriers.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Do not carry toys or sharp objects.
- Dress modestly.
- Food and beverages are prohibited.
- Baby carts and large baggage are prohibited.
- Children under the age of 12 years to be accompanied and taken care of by a guardian or should be under adult supervision.
- Do not touch or tamper any article or exhibit on display.
Recommended Read: 15 Best Things to Do & Places to Visit in Dubai for Free.
How to reach Dubai Frame from the Airport?
There are a couple of ways to reach Dubai Frame from the airport. One may want to try the metro services via Al Karama from DXB which is fast and convenient. Apart from Line Buss 33 which helps you reach the Frame in half an hour the city taxis too can be easily hired for they help you reach the Dubai Frame in 10 minutes.
Bored sitting at Dubai Airport? Here is the list of 15 Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport.
1. What is the best time of the year to visit Dubai Frame?
Dubai frame is open 365 days a year, weekends and peak season attract a huge number of visitors. The best time to visit Dubai Frame is during the cooler months between November to January.
Popular Read: 55 Best Dubai Honeymoon Packages.
2. What is unique about Dubai Frame?
Dubai Frame consists of two towers connected by a long bridge in the middle resembling a frame. Visitors can have a 360-degree view of the city from the glass panel at the center of the bridge. On the one hand, there is a modern Dubai city with enormous skyscrapers and latest developments whereas on the other hand there is old Dubai with its traditional construction, souks, and communities.
3. What is the Dubai Frame made up of?
Dubai Frame is made of reinforced concrete, steel, glass and aluminum of the highest grade giving it a chic and slender look.
Suggested Read: Dubai New Year 2020.
4. How can I reach Dubai Frame by public transport?
Dubai frame can be reached using the metro. The Red Line leading to Al Jafiliya Metro Station and a further walk towards Gate 4AKA stargate of Zabeel park leads you to the landmark building. Bus no. 29 going towards Dubai Mall halts at Department of health-01, get down at the stop to walk towards Al Kifaf Gate no. 2 at Zabeel park.
Recommended Read: Best Water Sports Tours in Dubai.
5. Is there any restaurant inside Dubai Frame?
There are quite a few restaurants near Dubai Frame serving the best of world cuisines ranging from Lebanese to Chinese and Indian to Italian delicacies. Here is a list of a few restaurants that can be accessed from the Dubai frame:
- Pind Da Dhaba: One would feel immediately at home as one is greeted with the typical aroma of Indian spices. Dal Makhani, Ajwain Fish, Chicken Bharta and Kadhai paneer wiped off with Banarasi kulfi and mango lassi is an absolute treat to the tummy. Great quality in service and a warm ambiance adds to the entire experience.
- Zam Zam mandi restaurant: This value for money restaurant serves traditional Gulf food suiting every palate. Mutton Mandi is best served here, which is tender, flavourful and leaves an aftertaste in the taste buds. The team serves a complimentary aromatic soup before meals and finishes it off with mint tea and a sweet ball.
- Sallet Al Sayad Restaurant: This Mediterranean and Levant style kitchen has been alluring its visitors with its authentic food. If you have been craving for seafood delicacies, this is the place to try some fresh catches. Fried Calamari, grilled prawns and sea bass comes with a lot of greens and a generous dollop of hummus.
- Dapoer Kita Restaurant: One of the oldest Indonesian restaurants looks like a home away from home which serves authentic and traditional Balinese cuisine. Nasi Ayam, prawn crackers, Rendang, Deng Deng and Gado Gado is served to keep the traditional flavour intact.
- Jade Garden Restaurant: As the name suggests, Jade Garden cooks up sumptuous Chinese delicacies with great love. The appetizers served here are out of the world as well as pocket-friendly with decent portion size.
- Karachi Darbar: Specializing in Pakistani cuisine, this place has been the den for food connoisseurs for long. Their Keema paratha served with chai and kebab platters are extremely flavourful and lip-smacking.
- Mac’s Food: This little hole in the wall restaurant specializes in Indian and Chinese dishes. Located in Karama, it has been in the business for long. Out of an exhaustive menu, guests prefer Dry masala chicken, Beef rice and spring roll which is served at a pocket-friendly price.
Must Read: 25 Best Beach Restaurants in Dubai.
6. When did the Dubai Frame open?
Dubai Frame was opened for the public on the 1st of January 2018.
Check out: 30 Best Cafes in Dubai.
7. How tall is the Dubai Frame?
The 50-storeyed popular landmark building, Dubai Frame is approximately 492 feet tall.
Also Read: 20 Best Villas in Dubai.
8. When was the Dubai frame built?
The Dubai Frame project was initiated in 2013 and took approximately 3 years to complete.
9. What is the shape of the Dubai Frame?
The shape of Dubai Frame resembles a giant frame made out of glass, reinforced concrete, aluminum and steel adorned with golden motifs.
Explore: 25 Best Street Food in Dubai.
10. Can I carry food inside Dubai Frame?
Food and beverages are not allowed inside Dubai Frame.
Bur Dubai Village, also known as the Dubai Heritage Village is located near the mouth of Dubai Creek that takes tourist back in time through a series of heritage villages complete with recreated architecture and local artisans. For patrons, the village is a great place to find unique handmade items to take home as souvenirs or gifts.
Highlights: The vicinity offers many places to stroll around like Pottery shopping, visit traditional markets and enjoy live performances of Arabian folklore such as Raza, Ayyala, and Harbeya
Timings: It is opened every day from 08:00 to 20: 00, however on Fridays many shops will be closed as the operational hours are 15:00 to 22:00.
Getting There: You can reach the location through the Ghubaiba bus and train station nearby.
Located in the heart the prestigious Downtown Dubai, described as ‘The Centre of Now,’ is The Dubai Mall, the world’s largest and most-visited retail and entertainment destination, has welcomed more than 80 million visitors in 2014. The Fashion Avenue, the precinct dedicated to high fashion, positions the Dubai Mall as the fashion capital of the region.
Another niche component of the mall is The Souk, an elegantly designed precinct featuring jewelry shops, accessory outlets, traditional Arab clothing and handicraft stores, among others.
Highlights: The Dubai Mall also features the world-class Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo featuring thousands of aquatic animals and a 270-degree walk through the tunnel. The strong family entertainment components include KidZania an innovative children’s ‘edutainment’ concept; the SEGA Republic, a 76,000 sq ft high adrenaline indoor theme park; the 22-screen Reel Cinemas megaplex with a total capacity of 2,800 seats; and the Olympic-sized Dubai Ice Rink.
Location: Financial Center Rd - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Opens from 10 AM to 11 PM on Sunday to Wednesday. 10 AM to 12 midnight on Thursday to Saturday.
This development is sought to offer a relaxed island living to the lucky residents of the place. Given the time and the money going in the Diera project, it is certain that in another few year’s this island will boost the tourism industry of Dubai. Post completion of the project, there will be beach front hotel resorts, 21 km of beaches, a waterfront night market, residential communities, a huge amphitheatre which can accommodate some 30,000 people and a shopping mall.
This island will bring forth impressive views of the skyline of Dubai and across the Arabian Gulf.
Location: The Deira island is located in Dubai in United Arab Emirates.
Timings: The Deira Island stays open all round the year.
Price: There is no entry fee.
Located out of Dubai, this is a private beach of Golden Tulip Hotel which includes a pool and a café so you can take a break if you get too much sand in your feet. As the sun sets, the bar in the hotel comes to life. Barbecues and volleyball are known to draw out the evening owls in this beach. It’s a great place to escape Dubai on a weekend and you could even team it with an overnight stay at the resort.
Highlights: There are volleyball nets and barbecues. There is also a water sports club which offers water skiing, wake boarding, banana boating and other activities.
Location: The Ghantoot Beach is located along the Sheikh Zayed Road towards Abu Dhabi.
Price: Public access to the beach will cost approximately 30 AED.
One of the largest aquariums in the world, Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo also holds the record for housing the world’s largest acrylic panel. A gigantic crocodile is a resident here and is one of the major attractions in the underwater zoo.
Embedded inside the Dubai Mall, the facility is home to the mysterious Cephalopods in the Kraken’s Lair, and a selected assortment of animal species that thrive in desert environments are on display at UAE’s Night Creatures.The well-maintained underwater zoo is open to thronging tourists throughout the year. The world famous aquarium and zoo figure on most itineraries of tourists flocking to Dubai.
Location: Ground & Level 2, The Dubai Mall - Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Timings: Sunday to Wednesday - 10:00AM - 11:00PM
Thursday to Saturday - 10:00AM - 12:00AM
Price: Price start from 100 AED per person. A membership program is also one of the main draws of the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo.
The park is loaded with different kinds of activities like Open jump, Jump Box Beat, Kids court, Dodged ball etc. This park is like a one stop destination for all. Reminiscence your childhood memories as you get more bouncy in more than 120 interconnected world class trampolines. There is another park Bounce which is a hit among the kids.
Especially designed for the age group of 5-14 years and is the best summer camps for kids in Dubai.
Timings: Opens daily from 10 AM to 10 PM.
Price: The approximate price ranges from 69 AED to 180 AED
Parties at the Jam Jar deliver's a colorful experience, with painting courses providing complete stationaries with apron, canvas, brushes and unlimited paint. Each participant can portray and take home their artistic creation at the end of the day.
Location: Stationed at the RKM Properties in Al Quoz and can be reached by any local transport.
Timings: 10:00AM - 7:00PM
Price: From 100 AED per child for the two-hour package (price varies depending on the size of canvas). A minimum booking of nine kids is required and maximum of 30 kids.
Palm Islands are a set of 2 artificial islands mainly the Palm Jumeirah and the Palm Jebel Ali. Tourists can get a chance to visit Palm Jumeirah, as it is the only completed Island. The island takes the shape of a palm tree.
The World Islands is a series of various small islands that has been constructed in the shape of a rough world map. The best way to view the Palm Islands is from the air or atop one of Dubai’s many high-rise skyscrapers, such as the Observation Deck at the BurjKhalifa.
Highlights: To tour the islands you could take a Speedboat at Palm Jumeirah to visit some of the major attractions in the vicinity.
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Price: A tour around the island will cost 36-50 USD.
Besides just lazing around on the beach, visitors can indulge in water sports and water surfing as it is simply relaxing. Living already in Dubai, Open Beach can be perfect for a spending weekend. Indeed, the beach area is divided into 3 sections: right and left are swimming areas; while, middle one is dedicated to water sports.
Location: Open Beach is proudly located in the Jumeirah City of Dubai and beholds the attention of visitors for its spectacular beauty.
Timings: Open 24 hours
Price: Though, the fun at Open Beach never ends; still, water sports activities require hiring equipments and the restaurant serves delectable food with drinks on board.
Bur Dubai known as one of the oldest residential hubs, includes the historical Al Fahidi neighbourhood, which is home to several art galleries and exotic Arabic restaurants. The highlight of the heritage buildings in the Al Fahidi is the presence of wind towers over the roof-top, which worked as air-conditioner equivalents in those days.
Bur Dubai is home to many prominent places like Consulates and Government Offices, the famous Zabeel Palace-official residence His Highness Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Prime Minister of UAE and Ruler of Dubai. The heritage Al Fahidi Fort, Dubai Museum, Grand Mosque, Sheik Mohammed Center for Cultural Understanding, and Bastakiya Quarters are some of the attractions in Bur Dubai.
Dubai Frame, Museum of Illusions, Zabeel Park, Dubai Creek Park, Majlis Gallery, and Children City enthral the visitors of all ages and interests. Multitudes of Dhows, the traditional boats with one or two masts, line the waterside pathway on Bur Dubai side offering dinner cruises on the creek. Motorized abra tours along the Dubai Creek offer visitors a picturesque view of the Bur Dubai and Deira, at a very reasonable rate.
There are numerous shopping malls in Dubai, you can aslo find Gold Souk, Textile Souk, Spice Souk, Perfume House, and various other premier branded retail shops, VOX cinemas, Family entertainment house-Magic Planet, and innumerable boutique hotels cater to every whim and wellbeing of the visitors.
Check Out: Best Dubai Tour Packages
Things to do in Bur Dubai
1. Dubai Museum: The Museum charts the progress of Dubai from fishing & pearling hamlet to the International icon in the fields of tourism, commerce, and finance. A visit to the Dubai Museum brings one face to face with an Arab’s life-style in the desert, the influence of the sea on financial freedom before the dominance of Oil, and pathological findings from excavation sites as old as 3000 BC. The place houses local relics and vintage objects from Asian and African countries that traded with Dubai.
2. Creek Park: The second largest park in Dubai features sprawling green grass, botanical gardens, and kids’ play areas. Located on the edge of Dubai Creek, it offers an enchanting view of the creek with dhows, the traditional boats wafting in the waters. Mini-golf, a go-kart track, theatre, and plenty of barbecue spots entertain the visitors.
3. Children’s City: Located in Creek Park, it is the first edutainment centre that targets kids between the ages of 2 to 15 yrs. The kids are encouraged to interact and discover programs on space, human body, nature, local and international cultures. Planetarium and theatre add zing to the kids’ fun.
4. Zabeel Park: The gigantic park spread over 47.5 hectares with 3000 palm trees and 7000 other trees belonging to 14 different species is segregated into communication zone, techno zone, and alternative energy zone. An exhibition gallery, mini-golf, Skateboard Park, BMX track, a mega bowl, mini cricket pitch, cafes, picnic spots, and large amphitheatre entice explorers. Visitors can enjoy boat riding in the lake.
5. Museum of Illusions: What you view is not real, yet it dazzles your eyes and mind. The 450 sq. m. great museum set up by Croatians is categorized into 3 sections namely Master Illusions, Grand Illusions, and Optical Illusions based on principles of science and psychology. A must-watch for kids, adults, and families as it is one of the best things to do in Dubai with kids, the attractions include Vortex tunnel, Chair Illusion, Anti-gravity slanted room, infinity room and Ames room.
6. Dhow Cruise Dinner: You can enjoy a romantic Dubai Creek cruise tour in a traditional boat, Dhow accompanied by gastronomic cuisines, a sip of premier drinks, music and dance amidst picturesque settings and glittering lights of Dubai.
You may also like: 55 Best Things to Do in Dubai
Places to visit in and near Bur Dubai
1. Al Fahidi Fort: Dubai Fort, which was built in 1787 as the official residence of the monarch and fort of defence, was later transformed into an arsenal for artillery and weapons. It was used as a prison for the outlaws before; it was renovated and officially re-opened as a museum to showcase the history and heritage of Dubai.
2. Dubai Frame: A 150 m. rectangular picture frame set up in Zabeel Park separates the ancient Dubai from modern and provides awesome views of both sides the cities. The exhibition rooms on the ground floor depict the ancient Dubai history, while the rooms on the first floor showcase the present day Dubai. The top floor presents the future of Dubai, 50 years ahead. You can book Dubai frame tickets to enjoy the view of the city from a beautiful single frame.
3. Grand Mosque: Grand Mosque, the heart of religious and cultural life, was re-built in 1998, adhering to the architectural style of the original 1990 structure. 70 m. tall minaret is the highlight of this edifice. 45 small and 9 large dooms cover the roof of the mosque. The mosque, which holds 1200 worshippers, is off-limits to non-Muslims.
4. Jumeirah Beach Park/Public Beach: The 13 hectares beach with soft golden sands comprises well-maintained Public Park, scores of cafes, bars, and restaurants. The park is one of the best places to visit in Dubai with family as it offers desert garden, kids’ playgrounds, volleyball courts, walking tracks, and persistent vigil by lifeguard services.
5. City Center Deira: A huge 3-level market place that consists of more than 350 shops. A chain of branded stores, 20-screen VOX Cinemas, myriads of rides, games, soft play areas, simulators, more than 50 restaurants and bars, departmental stores, and bank branches satisfy every need of the visitor.
6. Bastakia Quarter: One of the oldest residential areas in Dubai, it was built by the Persian cloth and pearl trading folk in the 19th century. The buildings are now declared as a heritage site and the narrow alleys restricted to walkways. Many of the buildings of the region are restored and now home to art galleries, coffee shops, and boutique hotels.
7. Majlis Gallery: The Gallery, located in Bastakiya, is a sanctuary and a meeting place for artists and art lovers. An outcome of one expatriate lady’s obsession with the architecture and ambiance of wind tower buildings, the gallery came into existence in 1978. It hosted dozens of solo and group exhibitions of local and international artists and earned a name as one of the finest art galleries.
Suggested Read: 55 Best Tourist Places to Visit in Dubai
Best Restaurants to Eat in Bur Dubai
1. Claypot (Indian): The variety of mouth-watering dishes of Claypot such as South’s Chettinad pepper chicken, Bengal’s prawn curry, Hyderabad’s Biryani, etc., makes it the best Indian restaurant in Dubai as these dishes create a pleasant dilemma in visitors mind on selecting a particular dish to appease their eager palate. The Indian street food and Bollywood beats leave you clamouring for more and more. Claypot’s Buffet leaves you heavy on the stomach and light on the purse. Some of the other Indian eateries are Govinda’s (Indian -Veg), Chutneys (Indian).
2. Ricetta (Italian): If you wish to enjoy authentic Italian tastes and recipes that have been passed on over generations, then visit this amazing restaurant in Bur Dubai to satisfy your urge. Fresh pink sauce pasta (farfalle), burrata cheese spread, sea bream peppered with fresh herbs and lemon, grilled meats, crispy arancini, homemade tapenades, and lastly strawberry tiramisu are a connoisseurs’ delight.
3. Pars (Iranian Kitchen-Mid-range): Dine in at Pars open court to enjoy the antique décor and Persian architecture and enjoy the delectable traditional classics such as Chelo Kebab, Khoresh-e ghormeh sabzi, grilled meats, saffron rice, fish, fresh steamy bread and pastries and sweets.
4. Barjeel Al Arab (Middle Eastern –Budget Hotel): Savor the exquisite Arabian hospitality and let your taste buds take in the tantalizing aromas and tastes of Emirati, Lebanese, and Cosmopolitan cuisines, which include Camel meat specialties, mezze dishes, burgers, kebabs, and other varieties.
5. Hot Fish: Hot Fish eatery specializes in serving raw original fish or seafood cooked with bespoke condiments and spices while safeguarding the natural taste and nutritional values to give the customer an unforgettable gastronomical delight.
6. La Marquise (Lebanese): A delicious collection of Continental and Arabic cuisines with some of the finest Lebanese Mezza and Shawarma leave you floored. If you still feel you are not completely stuffed, then gorge on dessert varieties and Arabic sweets like Muhallabia and Knafeh.
Also Check: 35 Best Restaurants in Dubai
Best Shopping Places in Bur Dubai
1. Meena Bazaar: A local marketplace contiguous to Bastakiya area, well-known for its jewellery, textile, watches, bags, designer shoes, furniture, and spices stores. Richly embroidered cloth materials with zari and brocades and exotic wedding jewellery collections allure visitors. The umpteen food kiosks restore the energy levels of the exhausted and hungry shoppers with mouth-watering traditional snacks.
2. Old Souk/Bur Dubai Souk: If you are man/woman of sartorial tastes, then a visit to the old Souk pleases your creative instincts. A premier haunting place of fashion designers and city’s famous tailors, this market with its wide array of shops offer fine silks, airy cotton, top-grade velvet, satin, cashmere, and wool. Gorgeous Indian saris, exquisite Kashmir pashminas, Persian carpets, and local traditional wear bewitch the shoppers. Footwear, souvenirs, and other items are also on sale here.
3. Dubai Gold Souk: The ultimate shopping target of every woman, Dubai Gold Souk houses over 300 retail shops that can sell off 10 tons of gold at any given moment. Coronet, Tiara, Earrings, Hairpin, Choker, Necklace, pendants, Bracelets, Breastplate, Brooch, Bangles, Rings, Anklets, etc dazzle the spectators. Platinum, Diamonds, Silver and other valuables are also for sale at this souk.
4. Dubai Spice Souk: If overpowering aromatic flavour pervading in the surrounding air draw you, then remember you are near the famous Dubai Spice Souk. Scores of shops lined on either of the narrow street offer world’s best basmati rice, saffron, cloves, pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, coriander, dry fruits, hookah masala, and flavoured tobacco.
5. Bur Juman: The Mall opened in 1991 underwent a series of upgradations and today houses more than 200 premier shops that cater to the tastes of every buyer. Bur Juman’s retail portfolio boasts of iconic brands such as H&M, Next, Mother care, Splash, Aldo, Nine West, Adidas, JYSK, etc. VOX Cinemas, Magic Planet, Food Outlets, and restaurants gratify the spectators’ senses.
6. Ajmal - Perfume House: Ajmal Perfumes located in the Bur Juman centre, has a rich heritage of manufacturing Middle Eastern attars. 60 yrs of rich experience and intricate knowledge of blending earthy scents with woody fragrances have carved a niche in this sector.
7. City Center Al Shindagha: A mid-sized market place with 75 retail stores, a 7-screen VOX multiplex, family entertainment center-Magic Planet, and several dining options.
Must Read: 30 Best Places for Shopping in Dubai
Best Hotels to Stay in Bur Dubai
1. Raffles Dubai (Rs.11,197): The pyramid-shaped Raffles Dubai is a confluence of Asian and Middle Eastern architecture. It features a range of over-sized rooms and suites with private balconies, outdoor pool, Spa, mini-bar, flat-screen TV, luxurious bathrooms and fine toiletries. Raffles 7 in-house bistros serve national and international gourmet dishes and mind-refreshing drinks.
2. XVA Art Hotel (Rs. 4,437): Housed in a century-old wind-tower building, the 15 compact rooms decorated with local themes like Henna Room or Dishdash Room by eminent designers and artists of the region. The rooms are provided with modern amenities like air-conditioning, private bathrooms, tea and coffee making facilities. XVA art stores present local objet d’art, handmade handbags, and gold ornaments.
3. Rose Garden Hotel Apartments (Rs. 2,911): It is one of the best hotels in Dubai and highlight of the hotel is the roof-top pool that offers a panoramic view of the city. A trendy hotel with an ultra-modern gym and sauna beckons sporty types. Studios and suites with air-conditioning, free Wi-Fi, fully equipped kitchens including microwave and refrigerators, and satellite TV’s offer clean, comfortable and convenient living standards.
4. Savoy Central Hotel Apartments (Rs. 3,071): The hotel comprising of 123 executive studios, 7 family rooms, and 24 interconnected rooms with elegant interiors and great amenities gives stress a vacation and invites gratification. The roof-top swimming pool, well-equipped kitchenette, health centre with gym, and satellite TV are the additional facilities provided by this hotel. An In-house eatery provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
5. Barjeel Heritage Guest House (Rs. 2,977): A budgetary heritage hotel set against the dazzling blanket view of the Dubai Creek gives a taste of traditional Arabian hospitality in this 21st century. The capacious and stylish Arabian themed room located on the ground floor alongside the waterfront and amidst the serene courtyard lawn mesmerizes the visitors.
6. Grand Hyatt Dubai (Rs. 14,720): A 5-star hotel decorated in Italian style comprising 674 well-appointed rooms features a swimming pool, free Wi-Fi, kids’ club, 24-hour gym, running tracks and a fitness centre. Some of the rooms offer a bay view. All rooms fitted with walk-in rain shower, bathtub, and branded toiletries.
7. Four Points by Sheraton Downtown (Rs. 3,437): The 43-floor Hotel with 244 capacious well-appointed rooms and modern facilities is the 40th tallest structure in Dubai. A range of accommodation that includes guestrooms and suites with well-equipped Gym, refreshing and scenic roof-top swimming pool, pub, and 3 restaurants provide ultra comfort and cosiness.
8. Movenpick Hotel (Rs. 3,985): If living life King-size is your attitude, then look no further than Movenpick Hotel. The 5-star hotel located in the vicinity of key commercial areas, shopping complexes, and attractions is home to 255 cosy rooms and suites that deliver an unrivalled experience to customers. An additional 57 apartments with provisions up to 3-bedrooms along with individual kitchen make visitors feel at home and pampered. Seven in-house bistro’s supply an entire range of gastronomic delights from Indian to International cuisines that leave guests gratified. A top class bar, vibrant nightclub, roof-top pool, fitness centre, and sauna help visitors unwind and relax.
9. Majestic City Retreat Hotel (Rs. 2,035): The 4-star deluxe Hotel comprising 262 rooms and suites spread over 28 floors offers a scintillating view of the well-known Dubai skyline and Burj Khalifa. Striking interiors, soothing comforts, spacious pool, safe kids’ play area, scrumptious food and drinks, and state of the art Gym & Spa mollycoddle visitors.
Recommended Read: 20 Best Luxury Resorts in Dubai
Best Time to Visit Bur Dubai
Bur Dubai experiences a tropical climate, where summers are very hot and humid. Therefore, the best time to visit Bur Dubai is during the winter season, which is between December and March. As the climate remains pleasant during this season, it is suitable for outdoor activities and sightseeing. Generally, this period witnesses heavy crowd inflow.
Also Check: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai
Tips for Visiting Bur Dubai
- There are no restrictions on the dress code for women, but visitors are advised to wear conservative clothes, so that they may not hurt religious and cultural sentiments of the people of Dubai.
- Dirham (Dh or AED) is the official currency in Dubai. Visitors can exchange foreign money at either Airport or other numerous banks in Dubai.
- Public transport like Metro Rail and Bus lines provide efficient and top-class service at very reasonable charges.
- As the weather in Bur Dubai / Dubai remains hot most of the time, light, loose-fitting, cotton clothing provides comfort and protection against Sun and sweat.
How to reach Bur Dubai from Airport?
The distance between Bur Dubai to Dubai Airport is 14 km. one can avail either train, Bus, Taxi, or Cab to reach Bur Dubai from Airport.
The fastest and inexpensive way of transportation is by Metro Train. The Metro Red Line plies from Rashidiya, Airport Terminal 3 to Burjuman at an estimated charge of Rs. 55 -85 (3 - 5 AED) in 10-15 minutes. The frequency of the train is 10 minutes and operates every day.
Passengers can opt for Line 5 SkyBus, which starts from Dubai International Airport and drops them at London Crown Apartments in Bur Dubai at a fare of Rs. 301. The travel time will be around 16-20 minutes. Every 30 minutes, a bus runs on this route.
A taxi can transmit the passengers from Airport to Bur Dubai in 10-15 minutes at a fare of Rs.800 -1000.
You may also like: 15 Best Things to do in Dubai Airport
1. What is the best time of the year to visit Bur Dubai?
Bur Dubai experiences sunny climate all around the year. Though most indoor places are air-conditioned, outdoor activity is not suitable in summer; the climate will be very hot and humid. Therefore, it is better to visit Bur Dubai during the winter season, which is between December and March. The weather remains pleasant and suitable for outdoor activities and sightseeing during this time.
You can also check out Dubai weather guide for an amazing trip to Dubai.
2. What is unique about Bur Dubai?
The Al Fahidi Heritage Fort, Dubai Museum, Grand Mosque, the Wind tower heritage buildings, textile souk, Perfume House, Spice Souk, Dhow dinner cruises are famous in Bur Dubai.
Popular Read: 20 Best Fun Things to Do in Dubai
3. How long does it take to go around Bur Dubai?
Bur Dubai is a historic district with numerous attractions, entertainment, and shopping complexes. Time taken to go around Bur Dubai depends on the activities planned and time available. Generally, it may take 2 -3 days to visit prominent places and attractions.
4. How can I reach Bur Dubai by public transport?
Public transport such as Metro rail M2 and Bus lines 21, 29, 8, 93, E306, and X13 pass through the Bur Dubai metro station.
Also Check Out: Private Dubai International Airport Pickup Tour
5. What is the price range of hotels in Bur Dubai?
The price range of Hotels in Bur Dubai is between Rs 2,000 to Rs.15,000.
Must Read: 15 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Dubai
6. What is the best area to stay in Bur Dubai for tourists?
Some of the most popular hotel apartments in Bur Dubai are located in Oud Metha, Al Jaddaf, Wafi City, Kuwait Street, and Culture Village. The potentially best rental areas in Bur Dubai are Al Fahidi Historical neighbourhood, Mankhool Dubai, Zabeel, and Raffa
Suggested Read: 25 Best Things to Do in Dubai at Night
7. How did Bur Dubai get its name?
Bur Dubai, which translates to Mainland Dubai, is a symbolic reference to the separation of the Bur Dubai from Deira by the sea channel popularly known as Dubai Creek.
8. What is the distance between Bur Dubai to Jumeirah Beach?
The distance between Bur Dubai to Jumeirah beach is 13-15 km.
Also Check: 55 Best Dubai Honeymoon Packages