About Ski Dubai
Situated in the Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai is spread over an area of 4,500 sq. m. and amazes its visitors with a below-zero climate and pleasing atmosphere. From beautiful white spectacles, slopes, a mountain, rinks, cafes to exotic penguins, this indoor snow park extends an absolute snow-capped hill station outing.
With five different levels of tracks available here, it suits the needs of beginners to professional skiers. Even if you are new to ski, you can learn the skills from professionals and hire equipment for your thrilling sessions.
Offering snow adventures like sledding, tobogganing, mountain climbing, Sky Dubai offers activities suitable for all ages. Here, make your own snowman with your kids or explore an ice cave to relish an altogether unique experience. Or, test your adrenaline at the Giant Ball run, Snow Bullet ride, zip lines, or the Mountain Thriller ride.
Alternatively, head to the chairlift and observe a bird's-eye view of the entire snow park from a height. For adventure buffs, Ski Dubai offers an abundance of opportunities that can certainly satisfy their thirst for hair-raising experiences.
Ski Dubai's penguin encounter is park's another exclusivity that can leave you awe-struck and spell-bound. Here, you not only get the chance to see these lovely birds but also get to learn about them from their keepers. And, after spending time on adventures & activities, time is to satisfy your empty stomach.
Warm up yourself with a hot chocolate drink at any of the fantastic cafes or enjoy your choice of multi-nation delectables at the in-house restaurants. An incredible destination in the dream city, Ski Dubai promises you an extraordinary retreat to treasure forever.
Also Check: Places to visit in Dubai with family
How to Reach Ski Dubai
Ski Dubai is 26kms from the Airport and would take a mere 20-minute drive by road. Prominently located on Sheikh Zayed Road, there are several options to approach Ski Dubai, the Metro rail takes approximately 42 minutes, a direct train operating every 10 minutes from Terminal 3 takes 35 minutes alternatively one may also choose to travel in direct buses plying from the airport to Ski Dubai every 30 minutes.
Also Checkout: Best Things to Do in Dubai Airport
Best Time to Visit Ski Dubai
Ski Dubai can be visited all around the year as it is an indoor snow park dedicated to snow lovers and adventure seekers and is open 7 days a week. Weekends and Holidays attract a lot of visitors, thus to enjoy the snow at leisure, avoid peak/rush hours.
Suggested Read: Best Time and Season to Visit Dubai
What Not to Miss at Ski Dubai
Here is the list of best things to do in Ski Dubai:
2. Explore the Ice Cave: After spending enough time on making a snowman or playing with snowballs, time to head to an indoor ice cave located near the slopes of the Ski Dubai. Explore the caves with your kids and be amazed by the stunning sculptures and formations that present not only a beautifully illuminated and glittering panorama but a sight to cherish and behold.
3. Enjoy Chairlift: Enjoy the thrills of the chairlift ride taking you through the slopes of Ski Dubai and mark your trip with unforgettable memories. The thrilling ride will take you to the top of slopes, where you either indulge in ice ski like activities or simply soak in the spectacular panoramic scenes. The chairlift ride also has a stop in the middle of the slope, you can also get there and spend time as you like.
5. Hit the Slopes: Famous for its skiing and snowboarding facilities, Ski Dubai offers five slopes (of varying difficulties) spread across its 85 m snow-covered mountain. Rent equipment and get yourself chair-lifted to the top and start your fun-filled experience. If you are new to skiing, book a training session and learn new skills.
6. Try Snow Bullet Ride: The first thing to do at Ski Dubai is to taste the thrills of Snow Buller Ride. Get yourself strapped on a state-of-the-art zip line and enjoy bird eye's views of the snow-covered ground and slopes from 16 m height. You will cross over 150 m across this gorgeous wonderland and be amazed by the overall scenery.
7. Take Lessons at Ski School: The Ski School at the Ski Dubai offers different training sessions, which can benefit from amateurs to even pros. Here, you can brush up your skills or acquire new capabilities under experienced professionals. The training sessions are available for all (above 3 years of age) and can make you endure something special and the best.
Suggested Reads: Things to do in Dubai
Places To Visit Near Ski Dubai
Ski Dubai is strategically located within the premises of The Mall of Emirates, one of the largest shopping Mall in the world thus offering a plethora of activities under a single roof. There are several places of interest in and around Ski Dubai which one could explore for an unforgettable trip to this part of the world.
- Visit Burj-Al-Arab, the only 7-star hotel with 40 restaurants to choose from. Witness the extreme of opulence and grandeur at this very site. The sky bar offers a magnificent view of the Dubai skyline.
- Visit Sparkyz if you have a child or a teenager accompanying you. A small family entertainment centre filled with video games, gaming consoles, 3D Zombies, mini roller coasters, bowling arenas and other interesting rides.
- Explore the nightlife of Dubai at the many bars, most of which have fantastic food and are well-heeled.
- Watch a movie at the 14-screen multiplex screening interesting movies day long.
- Go shopping at The Mall of the Emirates has 500plus international brands under one roof.
You may also like: Best Malls in Dubai
Other Essential Information About Ski Dubai
Location: Mall of the Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Road, United Arab Emirates
Timings: Open 7 days a week.
Sunday to Thursday 10.00am - 12.00 midnight, Friday and Saturday 9.00am - 12.00 midnight
Price: The ticket for Ski Dubai starts from Rs. 2950/- onwards. The super Polar pass is for Rs. 3666/- keep an eye on the different packages and avail attractive discounts.
Tips for Visiting Ski Dubai
-Plan your visit to Ski Dubai, only if you can easily acclimatize in below-zero climate and snow-capped surroundings.
-Do not plan a visit to Ski Dubai, if you are a pregnant woman or suffering from an ailment that makes you medically or physically unfit for a snowy environment.
-Don't forget to cover yourself up well with winter protective clothing.
-If you do not have winter clothes, rent proper clothing gears from the Ski Dubai itself.
-Adults are advised to accompany young children and keep watch on them while inside.
-Opt for a Snow Classic Pass, if you want to try almost all activities in Ski Dubai at the best price. This pass allows you all-day access to park and slopes, one ride each on the Mountain Thriller and the Chairlift, unlimited spins on Zorb, snow bumpers, tubing guns, and toboggans, access to the March of the Penguins show. It also includes the rental of essential winter gear.
-With this pass, you also get additional discounts or cashback, and even flexible cancellation possibilities.
Check Out: Travel Guide for Dubai for an amazing trip