India’s very own Scotland, Coorg is a haven of natural splendour attracting people from afar. Undoubtedly one of the must-visit hill stations near Hyderabad, Coorg has mountains caressing clouds, reams of coffee plantations, spice estates and countless adventurous opportunities.
The misty Madikeri town and the Raja’s Seat are some of the favoured tourist attractions here. Talacauveri or the birth place of River Cauvery makes an exciting trek. Bylakuppe, India’s second largest Tibetan Settlement colony is an enchanting world of Buddhist monks, monasteries, and gives a peek into the Tibetan lifestyle. Nagarhole National Park is known for its jungle safari where you can get an experience of life amidst wild denizens.
Sight seeing, jungle safari, trekking, white water rafting, nature trails etc.
Distance from Hyderabad: 835km
Accommodations: Best homestays in coorg
Best time to visit: October - April
Some of the Popular Activities in Coorg:
1) Night Mountain Drive in Coorg
2) Barapole River Rafting
3) Trekking and Camping in Madikeri
4) Off Road Jeep Drive To Nishani Hills
Offbeat Stays in Coorg:
1) Jungle Stay Experience in Coorg
2) Coffee Plantation Stay in Coorg
3) Offbeat Estate Stay in Coorg
4) Hill Stay Experience in Coorg
5) Stay With Rafting Adventure in Coorg
6) Homestay Experience & White Water Rafting in Coorg